PDA

View Full Version : Which Team Has Been The Biggest Disappointment So Far?

Shammyguy3
02-03-2016, 09:01 PM
I think notables should be the Bulls, the Pelicans, the Wizards, and the Rockets as the most disappointing. Are there any others? Who are your most disappointing teams this year and why?

jerellh528
02-03-2016, 10:09 PM
Biggest is prolly rockets, they went from somewhat of a potential contender, to irrelevant, middle of the road fodder.

EAGLES3658
02-03-2016, 11:36 PM
Wizards.

ewing
02-04-2016, 12:38 AM
Biggest is prolly rockets, they went from somewhat of a potential contender, to irrelevant, middle of the road fodder.

i agree. I didn't like the Wiz or Pels coming in. I thought the Rockets would be better. they are only a game over 500

flea
02-04-2016, 12:47 AM
Sad the Rockets fans literally disappear when they suck, only to re-emerge if they manage a winning streak or a playoff series victory. Where are all those guys? Yeah they're disappointing but they had no where to go but down IMO - WCF was their peak.

Kings fans thought this was the year, so far it's kind of more of the same. They might win 30 games for the first time in Cousins's mediocre career, so that's a plus, but there's plenty of talent on the team and they still suck. I'll be surprised if they make the playoffs, I think the Blazers, Jazz, and Rockets are all better than them and I think the Nuggets/Pels will be teams that finish strong.

Speaking of the Pels, I'm disappointed as a fan of them. I don't even like watching them. Yeah they had injury issues and have played better lately but they're just not that good. Davis is good but he isn't that good, Evans is a frustrating but overall solid guard, and Holiday is good but inconsistent and unreliable. The rest are fine role players, they just can't strike a balance between offense and defense (which has been horrible). At the end I don't expect them to make the playoffs but I hope they give it a strong push.

ManningToTyree
02-04-2016, 12:57 AM
Wizards

Aust
02-04-2016, 01:04 AM
Houston

JasonJohnHorn
02-04-2016, 01:05 AM
There are a few teams I was expecting more from. The Wizards in the east for sure, and the Pelicans in the west. Those are the obvious choices.

I think there are other choices though. I was certainly expecting more form Sac-town, and though they've played well recently, they started off slow and likely won't be able to make it up (the same could be said of the Pelicans).

I think New York and ATL have been a let down as well. With their season last year, ATL should have been competing for the conference this year. Now they'll be luck to get to the conference finals. And New York.. with their roster changes.. they should be over .500.

I think the Rockets are about where most should have expected them to be. They got SO lucky that LAC imploded, and that OKC's season got derailed by injuries. I mean... they were dominated by the Clippers at first, and then the Clippers just let them get back into the series, and then the Rockets got embarrassed in the conference finals. Given that they have an injured/limited Dwight, struggled with injuries, and made no noticeable improvements in their roster while the Spurs did, it seemed obvious that the Rockets were due to backslide.

With OKC healthy, the Warriors still the Warriors, and the Spurs picking up LMA, I'm not sure there was any reason to suspect that the Rockets would improve this year.

CHANGO
02-04-2016, 02:28 PM
West: Harden and the Rockets
East: Wizards

cmellofan15
02-04-2016, 04:02 PM
my nuggets :(

jerellh528
02-04-2016, 04:21 PM
i agree. I didn't like the Wiz or Pels coming in. I thought the Rockets would be better. they are only a game over 500

Yeah, shoot even mightybosstone has disappeared lol

STRIKERC
02-04-2016, 04:24 PM
Fact of the matter is those teams weren't going anywhere to start with.
Washington, Atlanta, Houston, Pelicans and Bucks readily come to mind.
Toronto might follow next season.
You either have the pieces to contend or you are grooming young pieces to contend in the future. Anything in between is just for entertainment purposes only. You just accept that and move on as a fan base or you rebuild.

It's the nature of the game.

STRIKERC
02-04-2016, 04:29 PM
We Philly fans came to this realization 3 years ago. The reason some still wonder how a proud sports town like Philly will accept this level of tanking. We get it!

Tony_Starks
02-04-2016, 04:47 PM
The Bucks. They have a talented squad and should be better but they are just way too inconsistent.

Still got time to get it together but they have definitely underachieved so far...

Scoots
02-04-2016, 04:47 PM
The Warriors, they lost to the Bucks, Mavs, Nuggets, and Pistons, they are collectively 93-110 not horrible, but games they should have won. 100% of the Warriors losses are "bad losses" You can't say that about any other team in the NBA :)

Nah, seriously to me it's the Rockets.