PDA

View Full Version : Clippers willing to trade Griffin for Durant straight up...big surprise.

IKnowHoops
02-02-2016, 05:06 PM
Clippers are willing to trade Blake for KD.

ManningToTyree
02-02-2016, 05:10 PM
No **** lol

MILLERHIGHLIFE
02-02-2016, 05:13 PM
Blake isn't all that exciting beyond the flashy dunks. One way player. Not much for defense. Yeah his three ball improving a bit this year but career wise horrible 3 point shooter. Once old age creeps in and his wings clipped he better be shooting lots better. Vince Carter had to learn quickly once his wings were grounded.

NYKnickFanatic
02-02-2016, 05:23 PM
I wonder if OKC would do it. Better than getting nothing if KD walks.

uprightciti
02-02-2016, 05:27 PM
Seeing how he is going to walk him serge and Westbrook would kinda be awesome

Scoots
02-02-2016, 05:29 PM
I wish I could find the video of Griffin trying to score on Draymond Green 3 times in a row and then just giving up the ball and not trying anymore.

Griffin is very very good ... I don't think that he's ever be great.

Raja Bell "Blake is soft" https://youtu.be/UkXnBot9iqw

JLynn943
02-02-2016, 05:44 PM
I have it on good authority that the Kings are willing to trade Rudy Gay for Kevin Durant in a sign-and-trade.

HandsOnTheWheel
02-02-2016, 05:46 PM
Shocker.

mrblisterdundee
02-02-2016, 07:13 PM
What if Oklahoma City offered up Kevin Durant, but made the Clippers take on Enes Kanter too?
How about Durant, Kanter and D.J. Augustin for Griffin, Lance Stephenson, Austin Rivers and Jamal Crawford?
Oklahoma City can drop one of their biggest mistakes, and move forward with Russell Westbrook, Griffin and Serge Ibaka. They improve at both guard positions, and add more cap space with Crawford's expiring contract.
Los Angeles bites the bullet on Kanter to get Durant, who's obviously much better than Griffin. If need be, Kanter can play power forward next to DeAndre Jordan, while Augustin is still a pretty good backup to Chris Paul.

kobe4thewinbang
02-03-2016, 03:36 AM
Blake isn't all that exciting beyond the flashy dunks. One way player.I've seen him shoot from mid-range, fadeaways like Dirk and Kobe, post hooks, etc, etc. He's not just a dunker anymore. Hopefully this anger crap blows over and he quits being injured, because injury-prone could actually hurt his career.

Scoots
02-03-2016, 02:24 PM
I've seen him shoot from mid-range, fadeaways like Dirk and Kobe, post hooks, etc, etc. He's not just a dunker anymore. Hopefully this anger crap blows over and he quits being injured, because injury-prone could actually hurt his career.

Other than his rookie year missing the season he's been fairly healthy until this year.

Blake has developed his game a lot, but he still had terrible footwork the last time I watched him in the post. If he is not going to just jump over everyone he needs to develop his feet.

I don't know that he's improved much in the last year, so this may just be who he is. Really good, not great.

IndyRealist
02-03-2016, 02:40 PM
What if Oklahoma City offered up Kevin Durant, but made the Clippers take on Enes Kanter too?
How about Durant, Kanter and D.J. Augustin for Griffin, Lance Stephenson, Austin Rivers and Jamal Crawford?
Oklahoma City can drop one of their biggest mistakes, and move forward with Russell Westbrook, Griffin and Serge Ibaka. They improve at both guard positions, and add more cap space with Crawford's expiring contract.
Los Angeles bites the bullet on Kanter to get Durant, who's obviously much better than Griffin. If need be, Kanter can play power forward next to DeAndre Jordan, while Augustin is still a pretty good backup to Chris Paul.

How is Enes Kanter their biggest mistake? I though he was playing well? Everyone you have going to OKC except Griffin is trash. I don't see how that improves OKC or balances out Durant's substantial value over Griffin.

kobe4thewinbang
02-03-2016, 03:49 PM
Other than his rookie year missing the season he's been fairly healthy until this year.

Blake has developed his game a lot, but he still had terrible footwork the last time I watched him in the post. If he is not going to just jump over everyone he needs to develop his feet.

I don't know that he's improved much in the last year, so this may just be who he is. Really good, not great.No doubt. Footwork is invaluable. I remember watching Bynum with the Lakers. He showed flashes, but mostly it led to a forced shot or a kick-out because he didn't have a consistent post game. Blake's still got time to develop that stuff and it was impressive seeing him show flashes, but I agree. Lob City is awesome to see, but nothing's cooler than being savvy down low.

FlashBolt
02-04-2016, 12:34 PM
Thank God we don't have James Dolan or else we would accept this deal.. hell, Dolan would probably trade KD and then build around Lance Stephenson.

KnicksorBust
02-04-2016, 12:36 PM
I have it on good authority that the Kings are willing to trade Rudy Gay for Kevin Durant in a sign-and-trade.

Almost didn't even open this thread because that trade has 1% chance of happening but glad I did for this post. :laugh: