PDA

View Full Version : Warriors are the front runners to get KD

Stunner
02-02-2016, 03:52 PM
Warriors reportedly “significant front runners” to sign Kevin Durant this summer ble.ac/1PPQdmB

https://twitter.com/bleacherreport/status/694599801988579328

Aust
02-02-2016, 03:59 PM
I doubt it happens, but man that would be crazy. Would that mean they let Barnes go? I'm guessing in that scenario Barnes walks and they sign Durant before resigning Ezeli.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
02-02-2016, 04:09 PM
This already shot down a couple hours ago by Steve Kyler from basketballinsiders. For it to work Iggy has to be traded for like expiring. Also Barnes and Ezeli renounced to let walk. Bogut has to be stretched or traded for a expiring. Pretty much all Warriors would have to get it to work is Curry,Klay and Green and if and when KD signs. Pretty big risk. So I doubt it happens.

Stunner
02-02-2016, 04:11 PM
This already shot down a couple hours ago by Steve Kyler from basketballinsiders. For it to work Iggy has to be traded for like expiring. Also Barnes and Ezeli renounced to let walk. Bogut has to be stretched or traded for a expiring. Pretty much all Warriors would have to get it to work is Curry,Klay and Green and if and when KD signs. Pretty big risk. So I doubt it happens.

You trust that guy over Woj who reported it ? Also it's a risk worth taking IMO , it's Kevin Durant . Also a player like Fetus most likely would come back to them . New Stadium coming it wouldn't surprise me at all, they were all in for Dwight but he picked Rockets

Nighthawk
02-02-2016, 04:16 PM
Ezeli
Green
Durant
Thompson
Curry

FML

IKnowHoops
02-02-2016, 04:21 PM
That is one mean team! If I'm KD, I don't hesitate. I'm out.

lamzoka
02-02-2016, 04:30 PM
The Splash Trio?
The Splash Brothers and their Cousin?
KD and the splash brothers.

That team would win the next 5 NBA championship. No question.

That would be the greatest team of all time

MILLERHIGHLIFE
02-02-2016, 04:36 PM
Kinda sounds like when Suns were trying to land Aldridge. Then Spurs had to pull off the Splitter trade. All in all be a bit risky if KD stays with Thunder and Warriors gut entire roster and have nothing and these guys go elsewhere. Then Warriors get a worse supporting cast. Also that article was pretty much everyone on stretch provision or renounced or traded.

If Durant had any loyalty he would let Thunder know way far in advance if he's bolting kinda like Aldridge gave Blazers heads up. Yea WOJ great insider. But the actual cap breakdown is from Bobby Marks from Yahoo in "The Vertical". Not the actually twitter account from Woj. Yeah that extra account on bottom says and with Woj. But not sure he's running both accounts. Unless he is. Seems a bit pointless.

Seems like every year when a super star gets close to UFA there's always 5 fake articles of said super star headed out. Heck didn't Bleacher report have LeBron with a jersey of every team before the decision went down? I think its great when super stars just shut up and sign extension with own team. Glad Davis stepped up and signed with Pelicans right away.

Kinda like that new article suggesting KD and Westbrook both go to Lakers. Yeah right. Yeah even if Westbrook went to Lakers alone doubt they do much damage. Sounds like Lakers in a hurry to trade D'Angelo Russell all ready cause he's to cocky and full of him self. Guess Russell and Hibbert be part of a rumored package headed to Kings for Gay and pieces.

Bostonjorge
02-02-2016, 04:40 PM
Warriors can give Ezeli the qualifying offer then go over the cap to match if they chose. They can keep Iggy if they let Barnes walk or trade Iggy and keep Barnes. Basically trade Andrew who is a expiring contract and chose between Iggy and Barnes. Durant can get the max and warriors only lose 2 guys. Thanks to curry deal contract.

2-ONE-5
02-02-2016, 04:48 PM
i dont buy it at all. Cant see KD selling out like that in his prime. I would lose so much respect for him too and it would ruin the NBA

Scoots
02-02-2016, 04:50 PM
If Barnes gets, like Woj said, 6 max offers in the first hour of free agency ... $23M for Barnes or $32M for Durant? That doesn't seem like too big a question.

Sign and trade possible with Barnes and ??? to make up the cap difference doesn't seem impossible.

I still think KD stays for one more year in OKC.

valade16
02-02-2016, 04:51 PM
This is up there with the Lakers getting the 1st pick and drafting Worthy in terms of just unfairly stacking on talent.

Stunner
02-02-2016, 04:52 PM
i dont buy it at all. Cant see KD selling out like that in his prime. I would lose so much respect for him too and it would ruin the NBA

Shidddddd nobody wants to stick in the same situation for too long when it's not getting better . Thunder FO made this roster worse every since the Finals appearance and their head coach is no better than brooks

Stunner
02-02-2016, 04:53 PM
Rumor: Clippers would consider Blake Griffin for Kevin Durant swap this summer

https://twitter.com/basketballtalk/status/694623854405103616

MILLERHIGHLIFE
02-02-2016, 04:56 PM
Warriors can give Ezeli the qualifying offer then go over the cap to match if they chose. They can keep Iggy if they let Barnes walk or trade Iggy and keep Barnes. Basically trade Andrew who is a expiring contract and chose between Iggy and Barnes. Durant can get the max and warriors only lose 2 guys. Thanks to curry deal contract.

I was gonna quote the entire enchilada but figure be a mile long. Here's the link. http://sports.yahoo.com/news/how-the-warriors-can-afford-to-sign-kevin-durant-043710075.html

Trade Bogut or stretch him. They say keep Ezeli but then they said on open market he will get double of the rumored $5M so he be getting $10M easily per. Mentions trading Iggy. Stretch Bogut. Stretch JT. Withdraw Barnes QO and renounce him and let him walk. Then renounce free agent capholds of Mareesse Speights, Leandro Barbosa, Brandon Rush, James McAdoo, Ian Clark, Jermaine O’Neal and Ognen Kuzmic. Then end of article asked would you trade Barnes,Iggy,Bogut for the chance to land KD? Well yeah its obvious.

But could backfire. KD could flirt around and get Warriors hopes up then let them gut out the roster then KD be like ha ha Thunder going all the way now after Barnes and Iggy and Bogut and Ezeli all gone. That be the perfect plan to weaken a enemy fast. By lying and dance around in free agency and let these teams make max cap slots then other teams pick up the pieces then once KD stays bunch of teams left with bag of money in hand and scrubs at bottom of the barrel to sign.

ManRam
02-02-2016, 05:01 PM
He's a free agent and has the right to go wherever he pleases. There's no reason to demand he be loyal to the team that drafted him, loyal to his hometown, loyal to anything. He can do what he wants and if he does this I won't be mad at him. I've never understood why we feel like star players need to be held to a different standard in free agency. Go wherever the hell you want. If the goal is to win, go pursue it.

But a top 2-5 player going to a historically great team isn't something I'm at all hoping happens. It would be an unprecedented move and an already near-unbeatable team might get even more-so (or not). There's not really a team I enjoy rooting against currently so maybe that will actually pique my interest in the NBA a bit more (it's waned the past two years).

Iron24th
02-02-2016, 05:02 PM
Lol it would be game over for all the others teams for at least the next 5-7 years.

IKnowHoops
02-02-2016, 05:09 PM
I'd love to see it happen, just because it is unprecedented and at the end of the day, I don't know how much better they could/would get from such a move. It would be interesting to see...I could see them getting even better, I could see them staying the same, but I could also see them get a little worse. Would be very interesting.

ManningToTyree
02-02-2016, 05:09 PM
Seems far fetched to me but I guess it's possible. If I'm the Warriors I wouldn't be looking to change a thing. That's not a knock on Durant but how much better can they be with him? They are already historic and working on a repeat. Why **** with chemistry?

DanG
02-02-2016, 05:13 PM
If this happens the league would turn out to be a complete joke. It would be even more funnier if the Warriors beat OKC in this year's playoffs. KD is one of my favourite players, but I would lose a lot of respect for him if he went there. I don't mind him going to any other team that's capable of signing him.

likemystylez
02-02-2016, 05:19 PM
I say this happens with barnes used as a sign and trade piece

DanG
02-02-2016, 05:19 PM
Seems far fetched to me but I guess it's possible. If I'm the Warriors I wouldn't be looking to change a thing. That's not a knock on Durant but how much better can they be with him? They are already historic and working on a repeat. Why **** with chemistry?

You don't mess up the chemistry if your team would get slightly better on paper, but this is Kevin Durant we're talking about here. A top 3 player right now and probably for atleast 5 more years.

likemystylez
02-02-2016, 05:20 PM
Lol it would be game over for all the others teams for at least the next 5-7 years.

it kinda is anyway isn't it?

likemystylez
02-02-2016, 05:26 PM
I think kevin Durant would like it in the warriors system. he would get a ton of good shots a game and hed be on a team expected to win north of 70 games every year.

likemystylez
02-02-2016, 05:28 PM
If this happens the league would turn out to be a complete joke. It would be even more funnier if the Warriors beat OKC in this year's playoffs. KD is one of my favourite players, but I would lose a lot of respect for him if he went there. I don't mind him going to any other team that's capable of signing him.

wtf- kind of warrior hater are you? they sucked for soo long... they deserve to have a little bit of success for a couple decades don't they?

likemystylez
02-02-2016, 05:30 PM
He's a free agent and has the right to go wherever he pleases. There's no reason to demand he be loyal to the team that drafted him, loyal to his hometown, loyal to anything. He can do what he wants and if he does this I won't be mad at him. I've never understood why we feel like star players need to be held to a different standard in free agency. Go wherever the hell you want. If the goal is to win, go pursue it.

But a top 2-5 player going to a historically great team isn't something I'm at all hoping happens. It would be an unprecedented move and an already near-unbeatable team might get even more-so (or not). There's not really a team I enjoy rooting against currently so maybe that will actually pique my interest in the NBA a bit more (it's waned the past two years).

celtcs got the best college players for like the first 15 yrs of pro basketball without a draft.... they were a historically great team and kept getting the best players.

lakers got shaq and kobe in the same summer for crying out loud...

Scoots
02-02-2016, 05:34 PM

But if Curry and Durant and Cousins ended up in LA next year you would boycott? Or does your complaint not apply to the team you follow?

The Lakers have had a long run of getting "lucky deals" by being really really good at their job.

That said, I still REALLY doubt it happens.

JLynn943
02-02-2016, 05:51 PM
This seems unlikely to happen, but I'd probably stop watching if it does.

BKLYNpigeon
02-02-2016, 05:59 PM
It can happen Money wise with a sign and trade for Harrison Barnes and filler.

OKC will facilitate the deal, they would at least get something back in return.

IKnowHoops
02-02-2016, 06:03 PM
You don't mess up the chemistry if your team would get slightly better on paper, but this is Kevin Durant we're talking about here. A top 3 player right now and probably for atleast 5 more years.

I think you have to do the deal, even if you are GS and by far the best team in the league.

Gander13SM
02-02-2016, 06:07 PM

I agree with this 100%

That being said I'm not sure I see KD doing this. He saw what happened to LeBron, right or wrong. I'm not sure he wants that heat. Not sure he could handle it.

If he approaches the Warriors and says he wants to sign they should go ahead and trade whoever they need to as long as the keep Curry/Klay/Dray.

Take Curry/Klay/KD/Dray and surround them with whoever the **** you want. Surround them with a D league squad it won't matter a bit if their minutes/rotations are staggered under that Kerr system.

5ass
02-02-2016, 06:31 PM
Won't happen IMO. Durant needs to find himself a young talented team and build a championship team with them. Needs to get away from OKC though. Management is killing them. Not to the rockets because it's going to because joining Harden's team would be awkward. If only Beal wasn't so injury prone I'd say he should join the Wizards, but Beal is going to be on minutes restriction for the rest of his career. Joining Paul George, George Hill and Myles Turner in Indiana would be nice. I'd love to see that star combo, and Myles Turner is looking like he can be a really good player. I'd love if he came to the Magic of course, young team but he can be a perfect fit. Just need to trade Tobias for a defensive center. He'd have a well rounded and the deepest supporting cast. Chicago with Jimmy would be nice, but outside of that supporting cast wouldn't be very good/reliable. If the Pistons can afford him he'd be a nice fit, but not the best for him long term.

Scoots
02-02-2016, 06:35 PM
IF he leaves OKC, wherever he goes will have to have a significant talent base to be even in the running. I don't understand why people say they'll stop watching the NBA if Durant goes to the Warriors. Would they also stop if he went to the Spurs? Cleveland?

BKLYNpigeon
02-02-2016, 06:39 PM
Won't happen IMO. Durant needs to find himself a young talented team and build a championship team with them. Needs to get away from OKC though. Management is killing them. Not to the rockets because it's going to because joining Harden's team would be awkward. If only Beal wasn't so injury prone I'd say he should join the Wizards, but Beal is going to be on minutes restriction for the rest of his career. Joining Paul George, George Hill and Myles Turner in Indiana would be nice. I'd love to see that star combo, and Myles Turner is looking like he can be a really good player. I'd love if he came to the Magic of course, young team but he can be a perfect fit. Just need to trade Tobias for a defensive center. He'd have a well rounded and the deepest supporting cast. Chicago with Jimmy would be nice, but outside of that supporting cast wouldn't be very good/reliable. If the Pistons can afford him he'd be a nice fit, but not the best for him long term.

that makes no sense. Lebron went to the Heat. its the same thing.

If Durnat is leaving because he wants to win right away, not build another team. If that was the case he should just stay in OKC, because that situation is better then most places in the league.

Stunner
02-02-2016, 06:44 PM
KD is going to be 28 the time the next season
Comes , the time to depend on young talent is over .

5ass
02-02-2016, 06:48 PM

If Durnat is leaving because he wants to win right away, not build another team. If that was the case he should just stay in OKC, because that situation is better then most places in the league.

The Heat weren't a championship team before LeBron joined. They had wade and then added Bosh and Bron. They FORMED a team. The Heat went in Warriors have already established themselves as one of the best teams in NBA history. Big difference.

BKLYNpigeon
02-02-2016, 06:51 PM
The Heat weren't a championship team before LeBron joined. They had wade and then added Bosh and Bron. They FORMED a team. The Heat went in Warriors have already established themselves as one of the best teams in NBA history. Big difference.

He Joined Wade and Bosh and it was still "Wades Team" and he and won a championship already.

LOb0
02-02-2016, 06:53 PM

If Durnat is leaving because he wants to win right away, not build another team. If that was the case he should just stay in OKC,because that situation is better then most places in the league.

lol yeah with cheap, incompetent owners.

5ass
02-02-2016, 06:54 PM
I'd like to see him in Indiana.

Hill/Ellis
PG/Stuckey
KD/Miles
Turner/Hill
Mahimni/Hill

Wish they didn't have Stuckey and Ellis eating up cap space, but maybe they can move Stuckey for Tyson Chandler or something.

Jeffy25
02-02-2016, 06:54 PM

Exactly

It's hilarious that fans expect loyalty from players who didn't pick where they were drafted or developed. But don't care when ownership or management isn't loyal to players.

Mainly because most fans care about the team on the front, not the jersey on the back. And they don't care that it's a business for the player.

KD doesn't have to take a max contract either. He could choose GS for less if he really wanted to (another reason salary caps are dumb, forcing players to take less money basically to play where they want).

This team would be naughty.

5ass
02-02-2016, 06:55 PM
He Joined Wade and Bosh and it was still "Wades Team" and he and won a championship already.
Who were the players remaining from Wade's championship run?

BKLYNpigeon
02-02-2016, 07:09 PM

Sure, but with the cap going up. Hard to find a situation worse then playing with Westbrook and Ibaka.

kubernetes
02-02-2016, 07:13 PM
The Warriors would be dumb not to jump at the opportunity if Durant wants in. As much as I'd like to "keep the band together," it just won't happen regardless. They're not going to give Barnes the max (not if KD will sign for just $5M more). Bogut might be done as an effective starter after this season. Barbosa is old. They should keep Livingston, and possible Iguodala if he'll take less money. Speights, Rush, and the rest are pretty expendable.

Chemistry? Durant isn't exactly a me-first ball-hog. The guy has learned to coexist with Westbrook, so I think he'll be just fine. GSW feeds the hot hand, but everyone gets touches.

The other thing is that plenty of teams could become serious challengers to GSW just by landing Durant. GSW should get him just so won't have to play against him.

As for respect, would Durant care if he walked away with 4 or 5 rings? The criticism would be minor once people got done slobbering over the greatest dynasty in NBA history.

5ass
02-02-2016, 07:18 PM
Sure, but with the cap going up. Hard to find a situation worse then playing with Westbrook and Ibaka.

What's the point of the cap going up if you're wating your cap space on Enes Kancer and Kyle Singler?

bucketss
02-02-2016, 07:25 PM
i don't see why this wouldn't be considered '"cowardly", joining the best player in the world when you're already the 2nd/3rd best. especially a team with that already has 2 other allstars/former allstars.

Gander13SM
02-02-2016, 07:40 PM
i don't see why this wouldn't be considered '"cowardly", joining the best player in the world when you're already the 2nd/3rd best. especially a team with that already has 2 other allstars/former allstars.

Why is it cowardly? Why isn't it just smart?

Jeffy25
02-02-2016, 07:57 PM
Why is it cowardly? Why isn't it just smart?

As long as everyone feels it was smart when LeBron did it

5ass
02-02-2016, 08:06 PM
As long as everyone feels it was smart when LeBron did it

You mean Wade?

Bostonjorge
02-02-2016, 08:25 PM
If Durant goes to GS he will have back to back tiles like Lebron.

*Silver&Black*
02-02-2016, 08:29 PM
So KD wants to stay a #2 like he is with GOATbrook?

CHANGO
02-02-2016, 08:37 PM
It would be pretty damn funny if he does this. :D

valade16
02-02-2016, 09:15 PM

LeBron won 2 MVPs, both Finals MVPs, was All-NBA 1st team every year, All-Defense every year, and finished 2nd in DPOY while with Miami.

Wade never even made All-NBA 1st team when Bron was in Miami (though had they not lost vs Dallas he likely would have a Finals MVP).

It may have been Wade's team, but there was no doubt LeBron was the best player on the team.

Yanks All Day
02-02-2016, 09:23 PM
I'm 100% fine with Kevin Durant going to Golden State AS LONG AS he gets the same treatment LeBron did: "Stuck on a team not built to win, leaves for a proven winner, dumps the team that drafted him. Removed from the GOAT discussion. Rings are tainted. He's a coward. He ran from the challenge of elevating his original team to a title. He had to go somewhere else to have others carry the load from him. He just couldn't do it on his own."

Of course, none of that was true about LeBron's character and none would be true about Durant's if he left. But if LeBron James was vilified for leaving a bad team for a great one, Kevin Durant needs to as well, especially because he'd be leaving a great team for an all-time great team. Highly unlikely, though.

Still think KD stays in OKC for one more year and waits for the cap to go up before signing somewhere else long-term.

kobe4thewinbang
02-02-2016, 09:38 PM
That's a veto I would support, as it would mean riding Curry's coattails to a title and be unfair to the other 29 teams, another big 3, arguably 4.

tredigs
02-02-2016, 09:58 PM
They're not going to veto something because a free agent is signing with another team lol. The CP3 situation was unique in that they were under the NBA's control at the time and they felt New Orleans could get a better deal (they were right).

I don't see any situation where KD would be hated on like Lebron was, either. #1) This free agency is nowhere near as lauded as Lebron is/was, #2) He's not "The Chosen One", #3) He's not going to have a TV show to announce his decision to leave OKC if that's what he chooses.

The hate for Lebron was ridiculous, but the situations are not the same.

Personally, I don't really want KD on the Warriors (I don't want Barnes at ~20 mil a year either). I hope OKC finds a way to make it work.

Alayla
02-02-2016, 10:00 PM
It would be very unfair to compare this with Lebrons situation the thing that made everyone pissed at Lebron was him televising the ****. Your free to go wherever you want in FA just as your GM is free to trade you whenever why the double standard?

More-Than-Most
02-02-2016, 10:12 PM
It would be very unfair to compare this with Lebrons situation the thing that made everyone pissed at Lebron was him televising the ****. Your free to go wherever you want in FA just as your GM is free to trade you whenever why the double standard?

except again Lebron made a ton of money doing this for the kids.

More-Than-Most
02-02-2016, 10:16 PM
People wonder why I am all for tanking... People saying tanking needs to be fixed I do agree but it is not in fact the biggest problem... the biggest problem is no superstar wanting to play on any team other then teams with a boat load of talent and it continues to make the league top heavy... No teams have a shot at an actual championship outside of 3-4 teams every year and that will continue because of men who would rather promise themselves championships then actually face other top players for the title. This has not been my stance because of the sixers... Its been my stance forever... It makes me have so much respect for guys like Iverson/Nash and so on down the list who stuck it out with regular teams in their primes instead of ditching the first chance they get and running for the hills.

Durant never had it as bad as James or others... He has had talent around him almost every year of his career and a ton of it at that and could not get the job done.

tredigs
02-02-2016, 10:20 PM
Also worth noting that for every person in here saying, "they will no longer watch", there are two or three others who would NOW watch. The Heat drew in a ton more viewership than Wade's Heat + Cleveland combined. Overall, KD on the Warriors would make basketball more popular, albeit unfair.

5ass
02-02-2016, 10:23 PM
People wonder why I am all for tanking... People saying tanking needs to be fixed I do agree but it is not in fact the biggest problem... the biggest problem is no superstar wanting to play on any team other then teams with a boat load of talent and it continues to make the league top heavy... No teams have a shot at an actual championship outside of 3-4 teams every year and that will continue because of men who would rather promise themselves championships then actually face other top players for the title. This has not been my stance because of the sixers... Its been my stance forever... It makes me have so much respect for guys like Iverson/Nash and so on down the list who stuck it out with regular teams in their primes instead of ditching the first chance they get and running for the hills.

Durant never had it as bad as James or others... He has had talent around him almost every year of his career and a ton of it at that and could not get the job done.

This has nothing to do with the sixers' tanking. They were bad, drafted Durant and proceeded to add all the talent the need to win a championship. Acquiring talent wasn't the issue. It only just became an issue recently because they stripped themselves of their assets by trading them away for busts.

Anyone remember any trades that were on the table for Harden at the time? I can't remember, but what they got in return was terrible.

5ass
02-02-2016, 10:26 PM

Lol yeah I remember them saying exactly this. That "its the way he left" that they had a problem with.

IKnowHoops
02-02-2016, 10:29 PM
Lol yeah I remember them saying exactly this. That "its the way he left" that they had a problem with.

Oh really, I could of sworn I heard people say he was a coward for joining forces with Wade and Bosh, and that his rings have an asterisk because he didn't do it on his own and he needed help from 2 hall of famers. If that was never said than my mistake.

More-Than-Most
02-02-2016, 10:29 PM
This has nothing to do with the sixers' tanking. They were bad, drafted Durant and proceeded to add all the talent the need to win a championship. Acquiring talent wasn't the issue. It only just became an issue recently because they stripped themselves of their assets by trading them away for busts.

Anyone remember any trades that were on the table for Harden at the time? I can't remember, but what they got in return was terrible.

Its 100 percent an issue and has everything to do with tanking... No other teams have a chance to sign top talent because all the top talent wants to play together and thus there are 3 or 4 super teams each year with no other team having a shot at a championship... This is the main issue with the NBA and it needs to be fixed.

More-Than-Most
02-02-2016, 10:30 PM
Also worth noting that for every person in here saying, "they will no longer watch", there are two or three others who would NOW watch. The Heat drew in a ton more viewership than Wade's Heat + Cleveland combined. Overall, KD on the Warriors would make basketball more popular, albeit unfair.

If durant goes to the warriors a ton of people would watch because they would be even more amazing and fun... If he went to the lakers/knicks it would also draw in a ton more fans but people saying they wont watch are just dumb.

5ass
02-02-2016, 10:32 PM
Its 100 percent an issue and has everything to do with tanking... No other teams have a chance to sign top talent because all the top talent wants to play together and thus there are 3 or 4 super teams each year with no other team having a shot at a championship... This is the main issue with the NBA and it needs to be fixed.

Except the thunder had a team with three or four superstars... so do the Warriors and they didn't tank the way the sixers were doing.

IKnowHoops
02-02-2016, 10:34 PM

Wish that were true. Unfortunately you cannot speak for everyone. I heard many people say Bron was a coward and took the easy way out for joining forces with two other superstars. That has nothing to do with televising it. KD will here similar things, although I don't like that train of thought for anyone.

But by that train of thought, KD's situation is much worse. He'd be going to a team that is already better than Miami or the Spurs ever were even at full power. Hebron had to be there to make the team the best. The Warriors are even better without KD even getting there yet.

tredigs
02-02-2016, 10:41 PM
Think he would join if the Warriors won it again this season? I sort of doubt it. Would be really odd to add a top 5 player to a b2b title team. If they fall short to the Spurs or Cavs (but not OKC obviously), then it seems more realistic that he would think about joining.

IKnowHoops
02-02-2016, 10:46 PM
Think he would join if the Warriors won it again this season? I sort of doubt it. Would be really odd to add a top 5 player to a b2b title team. If they fall short to the Spurs or Cavs (but not OKC obviously), then it seems more realistic that he would think about joining.

I think he joins either way. I think he should either way. As a player, you want to go to a great team that plays the game the right way. The fact that they play such unselfish ball at a high level would be the #1 reason for any player I suspect.

bucketss
02-02-2016, 10:47 PM
Oh really, I could of sworn I heard people say he was a coward for joining forces with Wade and Bosh, and that his rings have an asterisk because he didn't do it on his own and he needed help from 2 hall of famers. If that was never said than my mistake.

you're correct.

i was on this forum when he won his first ring and many people said it wasn't impressive because miami was too stacked. i also remember this pic circulating.

http://38.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m4umyik6gl1rxrl6jo1_400.jpg

BKLYNpigeon
02-02-2016, 10:48 PM
If OKC losses in the 1st round of the playoffs. He's leaving.

tredigs
02-02-2016, 10:50 PM
I think he joins either way. I think he should either way. As a player, you want to go to a great team that plays the game the right way. The fact that they play such unselfish ball at a high level would be the #1 reason for any player I suspect.

Meh, I don't want him if we win, that's for sure. I like Durant and he'd probably be a great fit, but it would just feel dirty. Much rather add a guy like Batum.

likemystylez
02-02-2016, 11:12 PM
If Durant goes to GS he will have back to back tiles like Lebron.

this warriors team without durant is better than any heat team lebron played on. this warriors team with durant- possibly the most talented team nba has seen since showtime lakers

BKLYNpigeon
02-02-2016, 11:22 PM
Durant on the Warriors would make them a Legit Dynasty.

If Durant thinks no team will be better then the Warriors in the next 2-3 years. Why should he waste his time and 2-3 precious years and play for nothing. makes sense, he's not getting any younger.

ewing
02-02-2016, 11:26 PM
that's not fair

likemystylez
02-02-2016, 11:59 PM

If Durant thinks no team will be better then the Warriors in the next 2-3 years. Why should he waste his time and 2-3 precious years and play for nothing. makes sense, he's not getting any younger.

i think it would help to have someone who could help avoid unnecessary losses during the reg season. the warriors like to sit guys for rest a lot and it as a tendency of costing them winnable games. I think adding another superstar- would be a good way to make sure the team still wins a lot of those winnable games. If the warriors had one more star like durant- my guess is that the number of losses they have this season would be cut in half.

More-Than-Most
02-02-2016, 11:59 PM
that's not fair

Only if Lebron does it man... Everyone will say Durant can do what he wants in free agency and he should go to the amazing team and blah blah blah

HandsOnTheWheel
02-03-2016, 12:02 AM
Yeah, this is not happening. You're talking about a guy who is not really interested in sacrificing his prime for a chance at rings and mutually the Warriors aren't risking royally screwing up team chemistry.

Also it's not like these rumors didn't come up around Lebron's impending FA season. Several rumors had him set in stone going to the Knicks, Bulls, or Nets. I would be surprised if Durant left OKC honestly.

BKLYNpigeon
02-03-2016, 12:02 AM
If I'm the Warriors, Id rather have Durant at 30 million dollars then Harrison Barnes at 20 million dollars.

likemystylez
02-03-2016, 12:22 AM
If I'm the Warriors, Id rather have Durant at 30 million dollars then Harrison Barnes at 20 million dollars.

If durant is not a warrior next yr, my guess is that the level of the warriors desire to bring him in will not be the reason he doesnt end up in golden state.

IKnowHoops
02-03-2016, 01:26 AM
Meh, I don't want him if we win, that's for sure. I like Durant and he'd probably be a great fit, but it would just feel dirty. Much rather add a guy like Batum.

To me its competition. As a franchise, you must continue to get better, and do everything in your power to be as good as possible. This is a match made in heaven stylistically IMO too. If you have the ability to get Durant, then you have to do it. Have to have to have to!!!!

kobe4thewinbang
02-03-2016, 01:32 AM
They're not going to veto something because a free agent is signing with another team lol. The CP3 situation was unique in that they were under the NBA's control at the time and they felt New Orleans could get a better deal (they were right).Debatable as to which CP3 deal was better for all involved, and before LeBron "went home" there was speculation that the league would stop a possible Heat roster that would've included Carmelo along with the big 3.

tredigs
02-03-2016, 01:39 AM
To me its competition. As a franchise, you must continue to get better, and do everything in your power to be as good as possible. This is a match made in heaven stylistically IMO too. If you have the ability to get Durant, then you have to do it. Have to have to have to!!!!

To be clear, if I'm the Warriors front office he would be priority #1 for me. But, if the Warriors win the title this year, as a fan I'm not sure I'd love the addition of KD. Ultimately I'm sure I'd end up liking it, but it's not that appealing to me. Especially if they were to break the Bulls win total on the way.

IKnowHoops
02-03-2016, 01:49 AM
I would love for something like this to go down because it would add so much to the NBA. I would love to see the greatness of this team on the court. IMO they would be the most talented team of all time not including Russell's Celtics. I think there season would eclipse the anticipation of Lebron, Wade, Bosh. They would have to win it this year though. The pressure to repeat would be the highest ever. Teams would be gunning for them every night. Would be great for PSD in my opinion.

I think the addition of KD would trigger a record number of blockbuster trades. The Spurs, Cavs, Clippers, Thunder would all be desperate to make a move seeing as how GS just won in dominating fashion and just added Durant.

The NBA needs this to happen. The NBA needs another soap opera b-ball story. The Lebron saga is beyond tired. Time to let him just be a great basketball player instead of "the story".

tredigs
02-03-2016, 01:51 AM
Debatable as to which CP3 deal was better for all involved, and before LeBron "went home" there was speculation that the league would stop a possible Heat roster that would've included Carmelo along with the big 3.

Well, ultimately the Pels had no owner, and the NBA stepped in to build for their future rather than remain in limbo after losing CP3, and it netted them Anthony Davis. There's no scenario where the NBA steps in for a team that has their own owner+management team. It was a unique situation.

IKnowHoops
02-03-2016, 01:54 AM
To be clear, if I'm the Warriors front office he would be priority #1 for me. But, if the Warriors win the title this year, as a fan I'm not sure I'd love the addition of KD. Ultimately I'm sure I'd end up liking it, but it's not that appealing to me. Especially if they were to break the Bulls win total on the way.

But how sick would it be to see GS break the Bulls record this year, and then add KD and go undefeated next year? Think about that.
At the end of the day you will of had the greatest dynasty ever, not including Russell's Celtics.

tredigs
02-03-2016, 02:03 AM
But how sick would it be to see GS break the Bulls record this year, and then add KD and go undefeated next year? Think about that.
At the end of the day you will of had the greatest dynasty ever, not including Russell's Celtics.

Lol at undefeated. I mean it would be fun to have a team that sick on paper, but A) injury wise you never know what will happen and B) they'd need another great team as a rival or else it would be stupid. We'll see how a potential Spurs/GSW series goes this year if they make it to that point.

Whatever, they still have a ton of work to do if they even want to attempt a b2b this season. Ultimately it's not anything that matters right now.

IKnowHoops
02-03-2016, 02:11 AM
Lol at undefeated. I mean it would be fun to have a team that sick on paper, but A) injury wise you never know what will happen and B) they'd need another great team as a rival or else it would be stupid. We'll see how a potential Spurs/GSW series goes this year if they make it to that point.

Whatever, they still have a ton of work to do if they even want to attempt a b2b this season. Ultimately it's not anything that matters right now.

I think a team like that isn't going to have a rival, but there will be a few teams that have a small chance to gun for an upset. You never know what kind of trades will take place to counteract what the Warriors would of done. The Bulls really didn't have a rival, this team wouldn't either. It would just be the Spurs and Cavs that have anything close to a chance, and possibly some other team that made some nice trades, but other than that fans just get to watch the most talented team in NBA history go out a wreck teams on a nightly basis.

numba1CHANGsta
02-03-2016, 02:15 AM
KD is going to sign a 1 year deal to stay in OKC and go on one more run with Westbrook to try to win it all while being in OKC. Also the cap increases in 2017 so KD would get even more money next offseason

MTar786
02-03-2016, 02:55 AM
i called this long ago.. made a thread about it too

BKLYNpigeon
02-03-2016, 03:12 AM
If Jerry West give the OK, I'm all for KD on the Warriors.

That man has the Midas Touch.

Gander13SM
02-03-2016, 04:05 AM
LOL at the people worried about chemistry. Chemistry matters but

1. There's a cut off point. When you have the chance to sign the best and second best player in the league and partner them up with two all stars who are top 3-5 in their respective positions. You do it.

2. There's no reason to think the chemistry wouldn't be great. KD is a very religious man, like Steph. He can be quite humble off the court (when not dealing with media). I actually think the chemistry would be incredible.

Gander13SM
02-03-2016, 04:06 AM
They're not going to veto something because a free agent is signing with another team lol. The CP3 situation was unique in that they were under the NBA's control at the time and they felt New Orleans could get a better deal (they were right).

I don't see any situation where KD would be hated on like Lebron was, either. #1) This free agency is nowhere near as lauded as Lebron is/was, #2) He's not "The Chosen One", #3) He's not going to have a TV show to announce his decision to leave OKC if that's what he chooses.

The hate for Lebron was ridiculous, but the situations are not the same.

Personally, I don't really want KD on the Warriors (I don't want Barnes at ~20 mil a year either). I hope OKC finds a way to make it work.

What do you want? Because that's pretty much their only choices as I see it. And wouldn't Barnes be closer to 25 million per year?

lol, please
02-03-2016, 04:38 AM
Warriors reportedly “significant front runners” to sign Kevin Durant this summer ble.ac/1PPQdmB

https://twitter.com/bleacherreport/status/694599801988579328

I called this after the finals last season, let me go find my thread.

FraziersKnicks
02-03-2016, 05:49 AM
It will be interesting to see if KD gets he same treatment as LeBron if he goes to the Warriors....

MonroeFAN
02-03-2016, 07:31 AM
I called this after the finals last season, let me go find my thread.

http://img.pandawhale.com/67272-NEAT-gif-9Bfi.gif

I would bet there's a 5% chance of this happening, and I don't think it's a good idea for GSW.

ewing
02-03-2016, 09:27 AM
It will be interesting to see if KD gets he same treatment as LeBron if he goes to the Warriors....

I am sure he would get some **** but he is much better with the media, wouldn't go on a free agency tour for pub even though he had his mind made up, wouldn't be colluding with other free agents, and probably wouldn't have an hour long TV special to make the announcement.

ewing
02-03-2016, 09:32 AM

he should think that OKC is the best team in the league.

likemystylez
02-03-2016, 09:39 AM
KD is going to sign a 1 year deal to stay in OKC and go on one more run with Westbrook to try to win it all while being in OKC. Also the cap increases in 2017 so KD would get even more money next offseason

coming off a career threatening injury? is a 1 yr deal a smart move right now?

BTW- the following year, bogut, thompson, iggy, speights and livingston all come off the books for golden state

likemystylez
02-03-2016, 09:41 AM

should he think he has 5 championships right now? why should he live his life outside of reality?

2-ONE-5
02-03-2016, 09:41 AM
Shidddddd nobody wants to stick in the same situation for too long when it's not getting better . Thunder FO made this roster worse every since the Finals appearance and their head coach is no better than brooks

im not gonna be mad at him for leaving OKC but going to GS

likemystylez
02-03-2016, 09:43 AM
I am sure he would get some **** but he is much better with the media, wouldn't go on a free agency tour for pub even though he had his mind made up, wouldn't be colluding with other free agents, and probably wouldn't have an hour long TV special to make the announcement.

nope- he wouldnt. durant has made it very clear when he checked out on the media a yr ago or so. he really doesnt care what the media thinks of him at all. hes gonna do what he wants to do..... not what he thinks the media would approve of.

likemystylez
02-03-2016, 09:45 AM
im not gonna be mad at him for leaving OKC but going to GS

as a warrior fan I dont get it, when the warriors sucked.... everyone said no free agent should go here... when they are good- still no free agent should go here? wtf... lol im not talking about them bringing in 2 or 3 top tier free agents like boston. Just one quality player... thats not too much to ask in a 20 yr period.

ewing
02-03-2016, 09:46 AM
should he think he has 5 championships right now? why should he live his life outside of reality?

No he should think that OKC is the best team and will win a championship this year

likemystylez
02-03-2016, 09:46 AM

so if lebron had stayed in cleveland and still never won a ring to this point- half the media would still be questioning him because he has never won it all.

ewing
02-03-2016, 09:48 AM
nope- he wouldnt. durant has made it very clear when he checked out on the media a yr ago or so. he really doesnt care what the media thinks of him at all. hes gonna do what he wants to do..... not what he thinks the media would approve of.

LeBron is awful with a mic, trying or not he will say dumb **** when grilled. KD isn't a dumbass.

likemystylez
02-03-2016, 10:05 AM
No he should think that OKC is the best team and will win a championship this year

ok, maybe he does... but has question marks as to whether ownership will keep the necessary talent to be a great team through out his career. (they did lose harden a few yrs ago)

durant only leaves okc if it puts him in a better position to win, if his core players are better than what he has at OKC. Warriors are one organization that makes that clearly checks that off the list.

McAllen Tx
02-03-2016, 10:15 AM
Rumor: Clippers would consider Blake Griffin for Kevin Durant swap this summer

https://twitter.com/basketballtalk/status/694623854405103616

This was my preseason prediction

BKLYNpigeon
02-03-2016, 10:41 AM
Durant on OKC is better then Durant on the Clippers.

Plus, Blake and Ibaka HATE each other.

HandsOnTheWheel
02-03-2016, 11:45 AM
LOL at the people worried about chemistry. Chemistry matters but

1. There's a cut off point. When you have the chance to sign the best and second best player in the league and partner them up with two all stars who are top 3-5 in their respective positions. You do it.

2. There's no reason to think the chemistry wouldn't be great. KD is a very religious man, like Steph. He can be quite humble off the court (when not dealing with media). I actually think the chemistry would be incredible.
I take it you're a Warriors fan? First off, Durant is not the "second best player".

Second, sure it looks good on paper but you act as if it's a given that they will improve by signing him. Warriors are in the midst of a historic season, and unless they don't win it all this year, I put little stock in signing Durant if I'm the Warriors FO.

Gander13SM
02-03-2016, 02:33 PM
I take it you're a Warriors fan? First off, Durant is not the "second best player".

Second, sure it looks good on paper but you act as if it's a given that they will improve by signing him. Warriors are in the midst of a historic season, and unless they don't win it all this year, I put little stock in signing Durant if I'm the Warriors FO.

I don't support any team.

And who is the 2nd best player if it isn't KD?

They would be foolish to turn down this opportunity if it presents itself.

Do you really think the Bulls would have hesitated to sign Olajuwon if they could keep MJ, Pippen and Rodman in the process?

I get it. Chemistry matters. But there's a cut off. Talent of this caliber is something you don't pass up on especially when you can retain the best player in the league and the next two best players on your current roster in the process

Scoots
02-03-2016, 02:51 PM
I get it. Chemistry matters. But there's a cut off. Talent of this caliber is something you don't pass up on especially when you can retain the best player in the league and the next two best players on your current roster in the process

Add in that KD is supposedly a personality fit with the Warriors group too.

likemystylez
02-03-2016, 03:33 PM
LOL On nba radio thismorning I heard commentators going on saying "but the warriors don't need Durant" "it will cheapen championships".....one of them was the play by play for new Orleans.

Ok lets just put this out there now, all these people who are saying Durant would cheapen championships for the warriors would take him on their team in a friggin second if he wanted to go there. No GM in the league would say "we don't need him- and turn him away"

LMAo itd be like going into the drft with a lotto pick and picking a scrub cuz you didn't think you needed a good player once your team gets healthy or something LOL. never gonna happen

likemystylez
02-03-2016, 03:35 PM
LOL not only that- but even when the warriors won the championship last yr with their current squad- everyone and their mother was saying they got lucky and it was full of asterics. Let these fools say that for the next 5 or 6 yrs with the warriors winning 70+ games a season and consistently the heavy favorite.

PatsSoxKnicks
02-04-2016, 01:54 AM
I don't support any team.

And who is the 2nd best player if it isn't KD?

They would be foolish to turn down this opportunity if it presents itself.

Do you really think the Bulls would have hesitated to sign Olajuwon if they could keep MJ, Pippen and Rodman in the process?

Not only that but the so called "depth" the Warriors would be sacrificing is Bogut (whose over 30 and had a history of injuries), Iggy (whose also over 30 and will undoubtedly be declining soon, not to mention is a FA soon), Barnes (whose going to want the max and will probably get it) and guys like Livingston and Barbosa (who are fairly easily replaceable with vets who'll be looking to ring chase i.e. maybe someone like Joe Johnson who gets bought out and has his money).

This whole chemistry thing- what matters is the chemistry between your star players. And apparently the Warriors feel KD would fit in great with their culture. Steph, Klay and Draymond would still be there and they would be the guys who "determine the chemistry". The rest of the bench guys would just fall in line and are fairly easily replaceable. The biggest losses would be Iggy, Bogut and Barnes. Iggy and Bogut are 30+ with Bogut probably not lasting much longer in the NBA. Barnes is probably gonna leave anyways since he'll get maxed and if you're the Warriors would you really wanna max him? Vs. sign KD? And as I mentioned earlier, Iggy is up soon + also 30+.

If you're the Warriors, you absolutely jump at the opportunity to sign KD. He extends your window of opportunity for 5-7 years.

DillyDill
02-04-2016, 02:41 AM
R.I.P. To league if happens. U couldn't double off anybody and Dray could possibly average trip dub just flat out SCARY

Gander13SM
02-04-2016, 02:54 AM
Not only that but the so called "depth" the Warriors would be sacrificing is Bogut (whose over 30 and had a history of injuries), Iggy (whose also over 30 and will undoubtedly be declining soon, not to mention is a FA soon), Barnes (whose going to want the max and will probably get it) and guys like Livingston and Barbosa (who are fairly easily replaceable with vets who'll be looking to ring chase i.e. maybe someone like Joe Johnson who gets bought out and has his money).

This whole chemistry thing- what matters is the chemistry between your star players. And apparently the Warriors feel KD would fit in great with their culture. Steph, Klay and Draymond would still be there and they would be the guys who "determine the chemistry". The rest of the bench guys would just fall in line and are fairly easily replaceable. The biggest losses would be Iggy, Bogut and Barnes. Iggy and Bogut are 30+ with Bogut probably not lasting much longer in the NBA. Barnes is probably gonna leave anyways since he'll get maxed and if you're the Warriors would you really wanna max him? Vs. sign KD? And as I mentioned earlier, Iggy is up soon + also 30+.

If you're the Warriors, you absolutely jump at the opportunity to sign KD. He extends your window of opportunity for 5-7 years.

I was under the impression they would only need to stretch Bogut's deal and let Barnes walk.

PatsSoxKnicks
02-04-2016, 03:10 AM
I was under the impression they would only need to stretch Bogut's deal and let Barnes walk.

Yeah I've heard various versions- the one on Yahoo Sports by Bobby Marks seemed to indicate they might have to let both walk. But in an earlier article by Danny Lereoux, heard they could keep 1 of Barnes or Iggy. So I'm not sure which it is. Obviously the 2nd scenario is even better but either way, it's worth it.

IKnowHoops
02-04-2016, 03:39 AM

I don't think he is better with the media at all. He's gone off on the media a bunch of times. The media loves Lebron. Its the fans of opposing teams that have the problem with Lebron.

IKnowHoops
02-04-2016, 03:42 AM

No he shouldn't

IKnowHoops
02-04-2016, 03:50 AM
Durant on OKC is better then Durant on the Clippers.

Plus, Blake and Ibaka HATE each other.

LOL thats right. They were going at each others sacks.

Maybe you package Durant/Ibaka for Blake/Jordan

IKnowHoops
02-04-2016, 03:56 AM

I would seriously try and keep Iggy and Livingston, drop Barnes, Bogut and the rest of the bench and get Durant.

IKnowHoops
02-04-2016, 04:09 AM
Yeah I've heard various versions- the one on Yahoo Sports by Bobby Marks seemed to indicate they might have to let both walk. But in an earlier article by Danny Lereoux, heard they could keep 1 of Barnes or Iggy. So I'm not sure which it is. Obviously the 2nd scenario is even better but either way, it's worth it.

Man if they can keep Barns then they may have to do that and let Iggy walk. Barnes seems to play pretty good defense and he's improving. Obviously age is the major reason. That team would be crazy.

PatsSoxKnicks
02-04-2016, 04:10 AM
I would seriously try and keep Iggy and Livingston, drop Barnes, Bogut and the rest of the bench and get Durant.

I mean obviously the ideal scenario is to keep everyone and get Durant but that's not possible given the CBA. They would probably have to drop all of those guys, tho maybe not and might be able to keep 1 of them. Livingston and Bogut are the least valuable and most replaceable. Livingston who despite looking good via "eye test" as I've heard often, is pretty inefficient (normally, this year is a career year but he'll likely regress) with an Adjusted +/- at about -3ish (which is replacement level). Obviously being the backup to Curry doesn't help that # (tho he plays mins with Curry) but that number is probably driven by his normally poor shooting. His defense I think has always been overrated. And I think if you look at the Warriors margins when their bench comes in, they always seem to get outscored. I think he's a fairly replaceable player and in fact, you could improve on him if you get someone who can shoot better. Also, the Warriors have proven to be fairly good drafters so they probably trust their ability to find an adequate replacement and if nothing else, vets will be flocking to them to ring chase. Someone like Joe Johnson, whose made a ton of money and is missing playoff success, might be willing to go to the Warriors as a Livingston replacement (tho I'll admit, he's looked bad this year but maybe the Warriors can revitalize him. After all, Livingston was bouncing around his whole career until latching on with the Warriors.) If nothing else, they can try to get some young guys to fill their bench roles.

PatsSoxKnicks
02-04-2016, 04:13 AM
Man if they can keep Barns then they may have to do that and let Iggy walk. Barnes seems to play pretty good defense and he's improving. Obviously age is the major reason. That team would be crazy.

Barnes will probably get maxed though so who knows if Golden State wants to (or can) pay that. I would guess if Barnes does get maxed by someone, they wouldn't be able to keep him and sign Durant. And if they were (with Barnes signing after Durant), their tax bill would be through the roof, especially considering that eventually Curry will get paid unlike the laughably ridiculous contract the Warriors have him on right now (seriously Roy Hibbert and David Lee make more money than Curry.....)

ewing
02-04-2016, 09:24 AM
No he shouldn't

yes he should :silly:

CarolinaCDM
02-04-2016, 10:09 AM
The Splash Trio?
The Splash Brothers and their Cousin?
KD and the splash brothers.

That team would win the next 5 NBA championship. No question.

That would be the greatest team of all time

lol calm down bro....1st of all you have NO IDEA how that chemistry would work with another ball dominant player coming in. Draymond and Klay don't need the ball in there hands, they move around and klay is a catch and shoot guy I doubt curry would be as efficient as he is now with Durant taking 20-25 shots a game

2nd in NO WAY would a team of curry-Durant-klay-draymond be better than Jordan-pip-rodman-harper-kucok....not even close!

tredigs
02-04-2016, 11:47 AM
lol calm down bro....1st of all you have NO IDEA how that chemistry would work with another ball dominant player coming in. Draymond and Klay don't need the ball in there hands, they move around and klay is a catch and shoot guy I doubt curry would be as efficient as he is now with Durant taking 20-25 shots a game

2nd in NO WAY would a team of curry-Durant-klay-draymond be better than Jordan-pip-rodman-harper-kucok....not even close!

Weren't you the guy saying the Warriors had no chance to win the title last season?

1) They might already be better than that team
2) KD's a 17-19 FGA guy on OKC, not 20-25. Assuming you can take out Barnes' 10 attempts a night, that's only another 6-8 attempts that would have to be spread out among all the Warriors players to KD to keep everybody happy.
3) While you never know exactly how a player will fit, there's very few scenarios where adding KD would hurt Curry's efficiency. It would more than likely create the most space for both of them they've had in their career.

ewing
02-04-2016, 11:51 AM
Weren't you the guy saying the Warriors had no chance to win the title last season?

2) KD's a 17-19 FGA guy on OKC, not 20-25. Assuming you can take out Barnes' 10 attempts a night, that's only another 6-8 attempts that would have to be spread out among all the Warriors players to KD to keep everybody happy.
3) While you never know exactly how a player will fit, there's very few scenarios where adding KD would hurt Curry's efficiency. It would more than likely create the most space for both of them they've had in their career.

lets cut the BS they would be the best team in the history of the NBA

Gander13SM
02-04-2016, 12:55 PM

Durant averages 18 FGA not 20-25. And there's no reason KD couldn't be a deadly off ball threat like Steph.

Unfortunately KD has had to be ball dominant. He's had no choice. He's never had a coach who could put in a decent system, he's always been made to run a lot of isolations and high screen pick and rolls.

And a team of Curry-Klay-KD-Green-Ezeli would absolutely have a chance of being better than any other team in history (in regards to win%, rings etc)

Vinylman
02-04-2016, 02:41 PM

If Durant's max is $27 million they have to be around $34 million under to even sign just him and have renounced outhers...

Green/curry/Iggy/Thompson alone are $55 million next year...

If none of the above are traded every bench player plus bogut making over the minimum would have to be dumped... NO QO to anyone because then you can't max Durant...

bottom line ... won't happen unless someone like Klay is traded and that makes zero sense

Vinylman
02-04-2016, 03:08 PM
It can happen Money wise with a sign and trade for Harrison Barnes and filler.

OKC will facilitate the deal, they would at least get something back in return.

they can't just S&T because they have to be below the apron and they aren't... they have to dump a shitload of guys

Vinylman
02-04-2016, 03:11 PM

cheap?

They have the second highest payroll and it will go up even further next year if Durant is resigned...

Vinylman
02-04-2016, 03:21 PM

your wasting your time... these guys will never get it...

The league can be much more balanced if the following 3 items are implemented

1. Hard Cap
2. No Max Contracts
3. Restructuring of contracts allowed

None of the top teams would have the same rosters if those 3 items were implemented...

Most importantly the NBA would be a better product

tredigs
02-04-2016, 03:27 PM

1. Hard Cap
2. No Max Contracts

None of the top teams would have the same rosters if those 3 items were implemented...

The NBA is significantly more popular during dynasties than otherwise. The Miami Big 3 brought the NBA back to the main stage and ratings went up across the board. It may be more fun for some fans when teams are more balanced, but it's certainly not the case for *most* fans.

Scoots
02-04-2016, 03:37 PM

1. Hard Cap
2. No Max Contracts

I agree, but the hard cap would have to be a lot higher than the soft cap so teams not over the tax now wouldn't have to change anything.

While we are at it we should do away with the draft and the age restrictions.

Gander13SM
02-04-2016, 03:41 PM
If Durant's max is $27 million they have to be around $34 million under to even sign just him and have renounced outhers...

Green/curry/Iggy/Thompson alone are $55 million next year...

If none of the above are traded every bench player plus bogut making over the minimum would have to be dumped... NO QO to anyone because then you can't max Durant...

bottom line ... won't happen unless someone like Klay is traded and that makes zero sense

Wrong.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/how-the-warriors-can-afford-to-sign-kevin-durant-043710075.html

BKLYNpigeon
02-04-2016, 03:59 PM
People will hate if KD comes to the Warriors, but they will forget.

Nobody cares about Clyd Drexler joining the Rockets to get one. Why is it ok to chase one when your old rather then prime?

KD is smart, he doesn't want to end up like T-Mac.

Iron24th
02-04-2016, 06:02 PM
it kinda is anyway isn't it?

No it isn't, as good as the dubs are actually, they can still lose a series, maybe not this year but in the next 5-7 years I think they will. It is already hard to repeat and almost impossible to threepeat, and you think the dubs can "sixpeat"?!?! Come on.

papipapsmanny
02-04-2016, 10:30 PM
It's either going to be the thunder or Wizards... that's about 99% the reality of it

papipapsmanny
02-04-2016, 10:41 PM
My money says he stays in OKC, but I'd love him in DC

Wall-Beal-Porter-Durant-Gortat would be a very good lineup

Even if Beal is only playing 30 minutes a game.

The talent makes sense, the team makes sense (since yes DCA is his home and he is always around the area), and the money is available to sign him.

tredigs
02-04-2016, 10:43 PM
No it isn't, as good as the dubs are actually, they can still lose a series, maybe not this year but in the next 5-7 years I think they will. It is already hard to repeat and almost impossible to threepeat, and you think the dubs can "sixpeat"?!?! Come on.

You're talking to Stylez. When the Warriors lose a game - any game - or sit a player - any player for any reason - he legitimately thinks they are tanking. Like, actually thinks they are tanking.

lol, please
02-04-2016, 11:45 PM
The real story here is lol, P being right about another epic prediction if this goes down. Don't worry, I will bump my original thread when I have time.

likemystylez
02-05-2016, 12:58 AM

I dont know if they could 6 peat- but I think they could be a power house for the next 5 or 6 yrs... esp if they get durant. They could be on the short list of serious contenders

IKnowHoops
02-05-2016, 01:06 AM
People will hate if KD comes to the Warriors, but they will forget.

Nobody cares about Clyd Drexler joining the Rockets to get one. Why is it ok to chase one when your old rather then prime?

KD is smart, he doesn't want to end up like T-Mac.

I will love it. Basketball needs this to happen. The more drama, the better the NBA is. Would love to see a truly dominant team dominate. And watch the rest of the league squirm, and push the envelope to get better in order to somehow beat such a dominant team.

likemystylez
02-05-2016, 01:07 AM
Im not sure if it means anything, but I thought this was worth mentioning. Its subtle- but it kinda gave me hope.

So heres the thing, in October, Stephen A Smith broke a story and said KD was strongly considering the lakers if he decided to leave OKC next summer. KD blew up about that, said nothing even close to that ever came out of his mouth and he also personally attacked stephen A smiths credibility . It was kind of a big thing for a 3 or 4 days in October.

Yet this is a very similar rumor, and KD's response "I can't control any of that" while laughing. But he definitely did not deny it.

I know woj didnt try and quote anything from KD, the article was more or less saying the warriors seemed to be making more and more sense than other teams in the hunt..... so maybe kd was upset that sas said he quoted him or someone close to him.

likemystylez
02-05-2016, 01:12 AM
I will love it. Basketball needs this to happen. The more drama, the better the NBA is. Would love to see a truly dominant team dominate. And watch the rest of the league squirm, and push the envelope to get better in order to somehow beat such a dominant team.

Well I want this to happen too, mainly because as a warriors fan Ive watched the dubs suck for most of my life-missing the playoffs 17 of 18 yrs in a league where more than half the teams make it- is statistically very difficult to do.

You say the league is better with drama. But one team dominating is drama? The downside to this is that you might see a situation where like 3/4 of the nba is tanking. There are 2 or 3 dominant teams and all the decent vets who are running out of time to get a ring are signing with those few teams on the cheap.... because signing anywhere else in search of a ring would literally be a waste of time.

Gander13SM
02-05-2016, 01:26 AM
Maybe Westbrook and Cousins will join forces, Grizz will lose their minds and trade Marc and we can have;

Cavs; Kyrie - Shump - LeBron - Love - Mozgov
Dubs; Curry - Klay - Durant - Green - Ezeli
OKC; Russ - Roberson - ? - Ibaka - Cousins
Spurs; Parker - Green - Kawhi - Aldridge - Gasol

That would be fun for a little while I guess.

likemystylez
02-05-2016, 01:31 AM
Maybe Westbrook and Cousins will join forces, Grizz will lose their minds and trade Marc and we can have;

Cavs; Kyrie - Shump - LeBron - Love - Mozgov
Dubs; Curry - Klay - Durant - Green - Ezeli
OKC; Russ - Roberson - ? - Ibaka - Cousins
Spurs; Parker - Green - Kawhi - Aldridge - Gasol

That would be fun for a little while I guess.

am I the only one LMAO while picturing westbrook and cousins on the same team. LOL theyd kill each other in less than a week.

Vinylman
02-05-2016, 11:49 AM
Wrong.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/how-the-warriors-can-afford-to-sign-kevin-durant-043710075.html

what exactly is wrong? You might have a different opinion on who has to be traded but the team will have to be gutted even using that lame article you linked (whose math doesn't work)...

bottom line... they have to be $34 million under the cap to sign him and they can only do that by dismantling the roster.

Vinylman
02-05-2016, 11:53 AM
The NBA is significantly more popular during dynasties than otherwise. The Miami Big 3 brought the NBA back to the main stage and ratings went up across the board. It may be more fun for some fans when teams are more balanced, but it's certainly not the case for *most* fans.

The bolded is based on what?

tredigs
02-05-2016, 12:12 PM

Bird's Celtics V Magic's Lakers, Jordan/Pip/Jackson's Bulls, Shaq/Kobe Lakers and Miami's big 3 drawing the most interest for the sport from a ratings and sales perspective than any of the years in between them. It's not a tough science to figure out. I've seen the numbers, but am busy with work right now and don't have the time to do the research. Feel free to hit the back end for the proof of that if it's not obvious to you.

Gander13SM
02-05-2016, 12:14 PM
what exactly is wrong? You might have a different opinion on who has to be traded but the team will have to be gutted even using that lame article you linked (whose math doesn't work)...

bottom line... they have to be $34 million under the cap to sign him and they can only do that by dismantling the roster.

Lame article? Really? Published writer VS you. I wonder who did more research into it?

Google it. There's plenty of articles on it now. They can keep Curry - Klay - Dray and either Ezeli or Bogut if his deal is stretched while partially keeping the bench.

Are you forgetting the cap is about to take a MASSIVE increase?

Scoots
02-05-2016, 12:16 PM

I would guess, Celtics, Lakers, Bulls. When they were at their best the popularity of the NBA grew. Whether that was because of their dominance is a whole different kettle of fish.

tredigs
02-05-2016, 12:33 PM
I would guess, Celtics, Lakers, Bulls. When they were at their best the popularity of the NBA grew. Whether that was because of their dominance is a whole different kettle of fish.

For the Heat as well: http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/sports/basketball/nba/heat/2011-06-07-miami-heat-cover_n.htm

The new Miami team was good for the NBA this season. But the way the team was formed and the prospect of contentious labor negotiations after the Finals raise key questions: Was it good for the league in the long term? Has the NBA's competitive balance swung too favorably in Miami's direction at a time when the league is seeking a new collective bargaining agreement (CBA) aimed at lowering salaries and enhancing the competitive balance among teams? And will a new CBA — the current one ends July 1 — force the Heat to shed a major contract or prevent other teams from matching Miami's star power and spending spree?

They are sensitive issues for the NBA after a season in which the Heat's union of stars helped ABC, ESPN and TNT get their best ratings ever for league games. Each network reported double-digit percentage increases in viewers.

Cavs/Warriors Finals was the highest rated since Jordan's Bulls. It's a league driven by star power, not parity.

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2015/jun/18/warriors-and-cavaliers-post-highest-nba-finals-ratings-since-jordans-1998-finale

Vinylman
02-05-2016, 01:19 PM
Lame article? Really? Published writer VS you. I wonder who did more research into it?

Google it. There's plenty of articles on it now. They can keep Curry - Klay - Dray and either Ezeli or Bogut if his deal is stretched while partially keeping the bench.

Are you forgetting the cap is about to take a MASSIVE increase?

The writers math doesn't work because he is ignoring the cost of cap holds and makes wildly inaccurate assumptions on what Ezeli would make.

I am not saying that they can't 'theoretically" sign Durant just that they have to absolutely gut the team and would only have 4 starters and a bunch of vet min guys.

how would that make them better?

tredigs
02-05-2016, 01:32 PM
The writers math doesn't work because he is ignoring the cost of cap holds and makes wildly inaccurate assumptions on what Ezeli would make.

I am not saying that they can't 'theoretically" sign Durant just that they have to absolutely gut the team and would only have 4 starters and a bunch of vet min guys.

I did not check out that article, but they can do it while losing Barnes and Iggy + one of the bigs (most likely Bogut) and some of the bench like Thompson/Speights/Barbosa to be replaced by vet mins or portions of mid-level exceptions. It's a less steep price when you consider that no matter what, they can't resign everybody next season. They can - on paper - afford a lineup of:

PG: Curry
SG: Klay
SF: Durant
PF: Draymond
C: Ezeli

Given the age of Bogut/Iggy, it might be worth it to them. I don't think they'd have a shortage of guys willing to take a paycut to play with that squad.

Gibby23
02-05-2016, 01:39 PM

They probably don't have to gut the team. They can do a Sign and trade of something like Livingston, Looney, Thompson, and draft picks. They can let Ezili walk and get rid of his cap hold. They can even retain Barnes.

Vinylman
02-05-2016, 02:09 PM

That was my point... It is kind of funny that he conveniently left out one of the best dynastys ever (Spurs) because it doesn't fit the narrative

Vinylman
02-05-2016, 02:15 PM
They probably don't have to gut the team. They can do a Sign and trade of something like Livingston, Looney, Thompson, and draft picks. They can let Ezili walk and get rid of his cap hold. They can even retain Barnes.

who are they gonna sign and trade? Oklahoma wouldn't take that list of garbage for Durant and he is the only S&T they want. Also, it isn't like the old days... you have to be below the apron and they aren't. talent wise the only s&t that makes sense is Barnes but they can't do it because he will have to be renounced before they can sign Durant...

Again, team would be gutted to do it...

Vinylman
02-05-2016, 02:25 PM
I did not check out that article, but they can do it while losing Barnes and Iggy + one of the bigs (most likely Bogut) and some of the bench like Thompson/Speights/Barbosa to be replaced by vet mins or portions of mid-level exceptions. It's a less steep price when you consider that no matter what, they can't resign everybody next season. They can - on paper - afford a lineup of:

PG: Curry
SG: Klay
SF: Durant
PF: Draymond
C: Ezeli

Given the age of Bogut/Iggy, it might be worth it to them. I don't think they'd have a shortage of guys willing to take a paycut to play with that squad.

In normal years I would agree with the bolded but next years FA period is not going to be normal. Teams have to hit 90% of the cap next year which is gong to artificially inflate the salaries of vets across the board.

On a second note, I don't know what price you guys are slotting Ezeli at but most articles including the one written by Marks are WAY underestimating his open market value... Is Ezeli gonna turn down 4/$50 million to play for $5 million in GS? I know if they sign him after everyone is in place that they can pay him market but are they going to be willing to knowing steph is gonna get $30-32 million a year the following year?

tredigs
02-05-2016, 02:26 PM
That was my point... It is kind of funny that he conveniently left out one of the best dynastys ever (Spurs) because it doesn't fit the narrative

Because the Spurs are not a "dynasty" built on multiple stars in that sense. The Spurs are simply an incredible organization that is always very good + maximizes talent, but in between their titles they would lose in the 2nd round. But sure, include them if you want. Also consider that you have to concede that their best players were willing to take massive pay cuts in order to remain extremely dominant. Doesn't exactly fit your hard cap-limit creating parity narrative, now does it.

Gibby23
02-05-2016, 02:28 PM
who are they gonna sign and trade? Oklahoma wouldn't take that list of garbage for Durant and he is the only S&T they want. Also, it isn't like the old days... you have to be below the apron and they aren't. talent wise the only s&t that makes sense is Barnes but they can't do it because he will have to be renounced before they can sign Durant...

Again, team would be gutted to do it...

They would take 2 expiring deals, a young player, and 2 1st round picks instead KD walking to another team for a 1 year deal.

Almost every team will be under the apron next year. And they don't have to renounce Barnes to sign KD, they can either use him in a sign and trade to the Thunder for a KD deal if Barnes says no, they can get his permission to sign and trade him to another team and make the KD deal a 3 team trade with the Thunder getting assets.

Or they can dump Bogut to a team like the lakers took Hibbert last year, and not pick up the Livingston option, and trade the 1 year of the Thompson contract with a 1st round pick attached.

They have alot of ways to do it. It will take some picks to dump one contract. it Won't take any picks to dump Bogut and his under market $11 million for a season. And they can still end up keeping Barnes and Ezili.

They have a lot of ways they can do this

Vinylman
02-05-2016, 02:56 PM
They would take 2 expiring deals, a young player, and 2 1st round picks instead KD walking to another team for a 1 year deal.

Almost every team will be under the apron next year. And they don't have to renounce Barnes to sign KD, they can either use him in a sign and trade to the Thunder for a KD deal if Barnes says no, they can get his permission to sign and trade him to another team and make the KD deal a 3 team trade with the Thunder getting assets.

Or they can dump Bogut to a team like the lakers took Hibbert last year, and not pick up the Livingston option, and trade the 1 year of the Thompson contract with a 1st round pick attached.

They have alot of ways to do it. It will take some picks to dump one contract. it Won't take any picks to dump Bogut and his under market $11 million for a season. And they can still end up keeping Barnes and Ezili.

They have a lot of ways they can do this

Don't really understand what you mean by a 1 year deal but you can't S&T a 1 year deal. GS will not be under the apron next year... the other teams being under is irrelevant because Durant is heading to GS not the other way... and fwiw... I don't know what OKC's situation is next year but the have a ton on the books for 16/17

In no way can they sign KD to a max without renouncing Barnes unless they trade both Iggy/Bogut and one of Green/steph/Klay... they aren't doing that... the closest to accurate article on this one is

http://www.foxsports.com/nba/story/kevin-durant-golden-state-warriors-oklahoma-city-thunder-020216

I don't disagree on any of your other options of dumping the peripheral guys... that will be fairly easy with the cap increase and picks... you did forget that they would also have to get rid of Iggy though...

Vinylman
02-05-2016, 03:05 PM
Because the Spurs are not a "dynasty" built on multiple stars in that sense. The Spurs are simply an incredible organization that is always very good + maximizes talent, but in between their titles they would lose in the 2nd round. But sure, include them if you want. Also consider that you have to concede that their best players were willing to take massive pay cuts in order to remain extremely dominant. Doesn't exactly fit your hard cap-limit creating parity narrative, now does it.

sure it does because in spite of those guys taking cuts they were always near the tax line or over it...

But you are also ignoring the other components of how to get competitive balance that I outlined... it wasn't just cap limits... talent would be significantly dispersed if there were no max contracts... do you think LMA would have turned down another $10 million a year from another team this past offseason if there wasn't a max cap? No chance...

Spurs aren't a dynasty? hmmm... Tim Duncan wasn't there for all championships? hmmm

tredigs
02-05-2016, 03:20 PM
20 year "dynasty" with no titles and multiple first round losses during a 6 year span? Sure, if that's your thing dude. But at that point we're in a discussion where there is never not a dynasty, multiple concurring dynasties rise/fall in the same span, and the phrase loses all meaning. If you need a different verbiage to understand my point, rather than simply arguing for the need to argue, you let me know.

Regardless, the point is, when stars align and there are ultra dominant high powered squads that can grab a nations attention for a 4-6 year span, the viewership and games popularity as a whole has proven to rise. Is it your contention that the Miami Big 3 teaming up and the sudden rise in popularity was simply random? Not only does it draw more attention in the States, but it massively garners attention from fans oversees (who in turn become fans of these elite teams).

Regardless, this is the way the league operates, and it's not going to change. So I recommend accepting it, or finding a new sport to follow.

Gibby23
02-05-2016, 03:49 PM
Don't really understand what you mean by a 1 year deal but you can't S&T a 1 year deal. GS will not be under the apron next year... the other teams being under is irrelevant because Durant is heading to GS not the other way... and fwiw... I don't know what OKC's situation is next year but the have a ton on the books for 16/17

In no way can they sign KD to a max without renouncing Barnes unless they trade both Iggy/Bogut and one of Green/steph/Klay... they aren't doing that... the closest to accurate article on this one is

http://www.foxsports.com/nba/story/kevin-durant-golden-state-warriors-oklahoma-city-thunder-020216

I don't disagree on any of your other options of dumping the peripheral guys... that will be fairly easy with the cap increase and picks... you did forget that they would also have to get rid of Iggy though...

How is GS not under the apron next year? they have like $74 million that is with Barnes and Ezili cap holds. Add in about another $4 million in cap holds, they are like at $78 million. The apron will be like 92 to 94 million. If the Dump livingston by trade or release they are at like $73 million. They dump Bogut, they are at $62 million, they dump Thompson with Looney and a draft pick they are at like $54 million. They take on Durant at about $30 million that puts them at $84 million, even after that they can go up to the cap wit another player and then sign Ezili and Barnes to go over if they wanted. The apron for the warriors is a non issue.

Gibby23
02-05-2016, 03:58 PM
How is GS not under the apron next year? they have like $74 million that is with Barnes and Ezili cap holds. Add in about another $4 million in cap holds, they are like at $78 million. The apron will be like 92 to 94 million. If the Dump livingston by trade or release they are at like $73 million. They dump Bogut, they are at $62 million, they dump Thompson with Looney and a draft pick they are at like $54 million. They take on Durant at about $30 million that puts them at $84 million, even after that they can go up to the cap wit another player and then sign Ezili and Barnes to go over if they wanted. The apron for the warriors is a non issue.

Barnes Cap hold is $9.6 million, they would be at 88 million after the KD $30 million. They can still make it work.

CarolinaCDM
02-05-2016, 05:12 PM

Yes because my join date of DEC 2015 means that I was on here in 2014 talkin **** about the Warriors...details man, pay attention to details

tredigs
02-05-2016, 05:22 PM
Yes because my join date of DEC 2015 means that I was on here in 2014 talkin **** about the Warriors...details man, pay attention to details

I just couldn't remember, I was half serious in asking. Looks like what I was remembering was you saying that Curry was "just a young Ray Allen, we've seen this before" and that Paul George would be getting MVP votes this year.

beasted86
02-05-2016, 05:23 PM
I haven't read any link. But can someone give me the TL;DR version of how they get the cap space?

Or is it running with the idea he gives them like an $8M per year discount?

CarolinaCDM
02-05-2016, 05:26 PM
I just couldn't remember, I was half serious in asking. Looks like what I was remembering was you saying that Curry was "just a young Ray Allen, we've seen this before" and that Paul George would be getting MVP votes this year.

Naw man I never said Steph was a young Ray Ray...I was comparing the 3 point shooting and said weve seen a sniper like this before in a young ray allen...overall id take steph 100 times out of 100

And Paul George is all the way legit..whats your beef with him?

Gibby23
02-05-2016, 05:32 PM
I haven't read any link. But can someone give me the TL;DR version of how they get the cap space?

Or is it running with the idea he gives them like an $8M per year discount?

They can Dump Bogut, Iggy, cut Livingston (team option) and trade Thompson with Looney and draft pick

Or Dump some players and renounce Barnes.

They have a lot of options and 1 year deals that can be dumped easily since they are usefull players at a good price in Bogut and Iggy.

tredigs
02-05-2016, 05:37 PM
Naw man I never said Steph was a young Ray Ray...I was comparing the 3 point shooting and said weve seen a sniper like this before in a young ray allen...overall id take steph 100 times out of 100

And Paul George is all the way legit..whats your beef with him?

Ummmm Ray Allen?? [tredigs edit: this was your response to a poster saying we haven't seen anything like this before].He plays exactly like a young Ray Ray just a slightly better shooting %...we HAVE seen this before, it's just that the NBA is so watered down these days it seems like Steph is that much greaer than he really is.
How soon we forget.

CarolinaCDM
02-05-2016, 05:41 PM
How soon we forget.

I said he plays like um? I didn't say their skill level was the same???

Kobe played "like" Jordan...I wasn't saying they were the same talent wise

tredigs
02-05-2016, 05:46 PM
I said he plays like um? I didn't say their skill level was the same???

Kobe played "like" Jordan...I wasn't saying they were the same talent wise

That's even worse. A free flowing playmaking PG who is a magician with the ball and hits ISO pull-ups from 30 feet plays like Bucks/Sonics Ray??? I don't think so homie.

beasted86
02-05-2016, 06:16 PM
They can Dump Bogut, Iggy, cut Livingston (team option) and trade Thompson with Looney and draft pick

Or Dump some players and renounce Barnes.

They have a lot of options and 1 year deals that can be dumped easily since they are usefull players at a good price in Bogut and Iggy.
Thanks.

Don't think it will be easy for them to dump those players though.

Gibby23
02-05-2016, 06:30 PM
Thanks.

Don't think it will be easy for them to dump those players though.

Why not, the cap goes up and teams have to be at a floor. All of the contracts they would be getting rid of are 1 year deals and the player would probably get more money on the open market.

I mean if a team like they Lakers doesn't see anybody coming, they can take on 1 year deals in Iggy and Bogut and not waste cap space long term.