PDA

View Full Version : Who is your All NBA First Team at this point in the season?

Rentzias
02-01-2016, 10:36 AM
Throw in your 2nd team as well if you feel like it.

DboneG
02-01-2016, 11:47 AM
All NBA First Team...In my opinion the first four names are no-brainers. We still have a lot of season left. So, I'm still open to the 5th name.

1. LeBron James
2. Stephen Curry
3. Kawhi Leonard
4. Anthony Davis

5. Draymond Green, Russell Westbrook, Kevin Durant, DeMarcus Cousins. James Harden, Chris Paul.

LaMarcus Aldridge??
Pau Gasol??
DeMar DeRozan??
Jimmy Butler??
Marc Gasol??

Still a lot of season left...see how it play out.

tredigs
02-01-2016, 11:57 AM
All NBA First Team...In my opinion the first four names are no-brainers. We still have a lot of season left. So, I'm still open to the 5th name.

1. LeBron James
2. Stephen Curry
3. Kawhi Leonard
4. Anthony Davis

5. Draymond Green, Russell Westbrook, Kevin Durant, DeMarcus Cousins. James Harden, Chris Paul.

LaMarcus Aldridge??
Pau Gasol??
DeMar DeRozan??
Jimmy Butler??
Marc Gasol??

Huh? AD is barely an All Star reserve this year, let alone a no-brainer All-NBA 1st teamer.

1st Team:

G: Curry (lock)
G: Westbrook (lock)
F: Kawhi (lock)
F: Lebron
C: Cousins

2nd Team:

G: CP3
G: Butler
F: Durant
F: Green
C: Drummond

LOb0
02-01-2016, 12:01 PM
G: Curry
G: Westbrook
F: Kawhi
C: Green

I think I'm allowed to put him at center right?

ManningToTyree
02-01-2016, 12:08 PM
Curry
Westbrook
Durant
Lebron
Cousins

2nd team
Cp3
Butler
Leonard
Draymond
Davis

mrblisterdundee
02-01-2016, 12:20 PM
Before 1956, the All-NBA First Team was selected without regard to position. I think it should be that way again, with all the fantastic forwards, but I'll follow the rules:

G - Stephen Curry
G - Russell Westbrook
F - Kawhi Leonard
F - LeBron James
C - DeMarcus Cousins

Cousins is a difficult animal. You know he's talented enough to be MVP. He's the most dominant big man since Shaquille O'Neal and younger Tim Duncan. He has been behaving better, and it's hard to blame him for the Kings losing, when you know how badly run that organization is.

cashin
02-01-2016, 01:37 PM
All NBA First Team

J. Butler
S. Curry
L. James
D. Green
K. Durant

All NBA Second team

C. Paul
K. Thompson
K. Leonard
K. Love
D. Cousins

J_M_B
02-01-2016, 01:52 PM
Huh? AD is barely an All Star reserve this year, let alone a no-brainer All-NBA 1st teamer.

1st Team:

2nd Team:

Didn't the league change the format? I thought a center was no longer required on these teams

Tony_Starks
02-01-2016, 02:09 PM
Curry
Westbrook
KD
Kawhi/Lebron
Cousins

2nd team

CP3
Butler
Lebron/Kawhi
Draymond
Davis

IKnowHoops
02-01-2016, 02:52 PM
Curry
Westbrook
Durant
Lebron
Cousins

2nd team
Cp3
Butler
Leonard
Draymond
Davis

This

valade16
02-01-2016, 03:08 PM
So I checked and it is listed as 2 Guards, 2 Forwards and 2 Centers. This obviously creates a very stark problem of which 2/3 Forwards will make the 1st team (Bron, Durant, Kawhi). I think Bron and Durant will make first team because of their names but I think Kawhi definitely deserves the first team.

DboneG
02-01-2016, 03:43 PM

1st Team:

2nd Team:

The All-Star starters are Fan voting...(What do they know?!).
You don't even have LeBron as a lock! SMH! lol!
I think AD is doing more than Cousins at this point....more blocks, better defense, make more hustle plays, they are about even in steals, AD has less fouls, less TO. Cousins is having a fantastic season.

And you are saying Westbrook is a lock over LeBron James...WOW!!! No comment!

We'll have to see how the rest of the season plays out.

Tony_Starks
02-01-2016, 04:00 PM
So I checked and it is listed as 2 Guards, 2 Forwards and 2 Centers. This obviously creates a very stark problem of which 2/3 Forwards will make the 1st team (Bron, Durant, Kawhi). I think Bron and Durant will make first team because of their names but I think Kawhi definitely deserves the first team.

Kawhi definitely deserves to start, what he is doing is pretty ridiculous for a 2way player and "system" guy.

It should really be a choice between KD and Lebron to start, KD imo, but for popularity contest reasons I think they both go and Kawhi gets shafted....unfortunately.

Hawkeye15
02-01-2016, 06:31 PM

Bron on name recognition. Every all timer ends up getting some all NBA slots, or all defensive, or whatever, thrown on when they no longer deserve it.

IKnowHoops
02-01-2016, 06:51 PM
Bron on name recognition. Every all timer ends up getting some all NBA slots, or all defensive, or whatever, thrown on when they no longer deserve it.

The only thing is, Lebron still deserves it over Leonard and Durant.

Chronz
02-01-2016, 07:22 PM
The only thing is, Lebron still deserves it over Leonard and Durant.

Why Leonard? Durant, maybe but hes been on a tear lately too

CHANGO
02-01-2016, 07:30 PM
People here are underrating Lebron. There is no way that Lebron is not on the 1st team. Yeah, Kawhi and Durant are great and having a great season, blah blah, neither of those two players have the impact and is more valuable to their teams than Lebron James. Especially when the Cavs are just about the same in terms of team record while Irving missed like 2 months and haven't been THAT GOOD since returning, same with Shumpert, Mo, etc... Lot of players missing some time and 2 key players injured for long time.

My All NBA 1st team looks like this:
G - Curry
G - Westbrook
F - Lebron
F - Durant
C - Cousins

The fair way to do it would be:
G - Curry
G - Westbrook
F - Durant
F - Lebron
F - Kawhi or Green

IKnowHoops
02-01-2016, 07:32 PM
Why Leonard? Durant, maybe but hes been on a tear lately too

Because Lebron still does more and is undoubtedly the better player.

tredigs
02-01-2016, 07:38 PM
The All-Star starters are Fan voting...(What do they know?!).
You don't even have LeBron as a lock! SMH! lol!
I think AD is doing more than Cousins at this point....more blocks, better defense, make more hustle plays, they are about even in steals, AD has less fouls, less TO. Cousins is having a fantastic season.

And you are saying Westbrook is a lock over LeBron James...WOW!!! No comment!

We'll have to see how the rest of the season plays out.

Calm down kid. Westbrook is absolutely the 2nd best guard this season. Who has a case over him? Lebron deserving a "lock" over KD and Kawhi? No, sorry. That is not the case. In fact if i had to choose one forward it would be Kawhi, who would more than likely be the #2 in MVP voting if it went down today.

As for AD, I did not say "barely an All Star starter", i mentioned reserve because that is the fact of the matter. He was far from a lock to make the team, and is nowhere close to an All NBA 1st team lock. I highly doubt he'd make it if voted today.

I definitely question how much basketball you watch.

tredigs
02-01-2016, 08:02 PM
Didn't the league change the format? I thought a center was no longer required on these teams

I think it is, but they're leniant with it, so someone like draymond might make 1st team as the C.

Chronz
02-01-2016, 08:37 PM

Im not so sure anymore but yeah there are no locks at the F.

Also are we arguing who should be on or predicting it?

tredigs
02-01-2016, 08:41 PM

How so?

jerellh528
02-01-2016, 08:49 PM
Curry
Westbrook
Kawhi
Durant
Cousins

numba1CHANGsta
02-01-2016, 09:23 PM
G-Wade
G-Kobe
F-KG
F-Dirk
F-Duncan

DboneG
02-01-2016, 09:58 PM
Calm down kid. Westbrook is absolutely the 2nd best guard this season. Who has a case over him? Lebron deserving a "lock" over KD and Kawhi? No, sorry. That is not the case. In fact if i had to choose one forward it would be Kawhi, who would more than likely be the #2 in MVP voting if it went down today.

As for AD, I did not say "barely an All Star starter", i mentioned reserve because that is the fact of the matter. He was far from a lock to make the team, and is nowhere close to an All NBA 1st team lock. I highly doubt he'd make it if voted today.

I definitely question how much basketball you watch.

ARE YOU SAYING AD... ANTHONY DAVIS WAS FAR, "FAR" FAR-as in not close..FROM A LOCK TO MAKE THE ALL-STAR TEAM THIS YEAR?! No comment. I question your basketball acumen.

tredigs
02-01-2016, 10:15 PM
ARE YOU SAYING AD... ANTHONY DAVIS WAS FAR, "FAR" FAR-as in not close..FROM A LOCK TO MAKE THE ALL-STAR TEAM THIS YEAR?! No comment. I question your basketball acumen.

There's a reason why most people here dont have him on their team, and why the topic of whether or not he was going to get his bonus for making an All Star or any of the All Nba Teams. He and the Pels are having a major regressive year bud.

andy2518
02-01-2016, 10:42 PM
Close call for me, but here it is:

1st Team:

Curry
Westbrook
Kawhi
Durant
Green

2nd Team:

Paul
Butler
Lebron
Davis
Cousins

I truly don't think Lebron deserves it over Kawhi or Durant... Especially Kawhi. Green has been an absolute beast this year and would make the exception to move him in at center. Too bad politics play such a huge roll on these lists. Unfortunately, I can see Kawhi getting snubbed to include either Lebron or Durant or both. Most likely both, even though Kawhi deserves it over those two by leaps and bounds IMHO.

andy2518
02-01-2016, 10:45 PM
G-Wade
G-Kobe
F-KG
F-Dirk
F-Duncan

Sure, if this were 2006.

FYL_McVeezy
02-01-2016, 11:13 PM
1st Team:

Curry
Westbrook
James
Leonard
Cousins

2nd Team:

Butler
CP3
Durant
Green
Drummond

Bostonjorge
02-01-2016, 11:42 PM
It's going to be

Curry
Westbrook
Leonard
Durant
Cousins

With green as the next guy who should be in. Maybe at C.

IKnowHoops
02-01-2016, 11:49 PM
How so?

How not?

tredigs
02-02-2016, 01:02 AM
How not?
KD* better offensively, Kawhi better defensively and more efficient offensively.

Corey
02-02-2016, 01:10 AM

1. LeBron James
2. Stephen Curry
3. Kawhi Leonard
4. Anthony Davis

LaMarcus Aldridge??
Pau Gasol??
DeMar DeRozan??
Jimmy Butler??
Marc Gasol??

Cousins is a no-brainer ahead of AD, cmon now.

Rentzias
02-02-2016, 12:28 PM
Im not so sure anymore but yeah there are no locks at the F.

Also are we arguing who should be on or predicting it?

Arguing who should be on.

FraziersKnicks
02-02-2016, 12:40 PM
So are we going to ignore the fact that KD hasn't even been the best player on his team this season and give him the nod over LBJ? If Kawhi is being put on the 1st team because of his defensive play, then why are we ignoring how much better LBJ has been defensively than KD this season?

F: Leonard/Durant
F: LeBron

Yes Kawhi has been more efficient than LeBron but are people really gonna say he's been better offensively than Bron? Considering Kawhi's absolutely non-existent playmaking ability and the fact that the majority of his offense is still off the ball and spotting up.

tredigs
02-02-2016, 12:48 PM
So are we going to ignore the fact that KD hasn't even been the best player on his team this season and give him the nod over LBJ? If Kawhi is being put on the 1st team because of his defensive play, then why are we ignoring how much better LBJ has been defensively than KD this season?

Yes Kawhi has been more efficient than LeBron but are people really gonna say he's been better offensively than Bron? Considering Kawhi's absolutely non-existent playmaking ability and the fact that the majority of his offense is still off the ball and spotting up.

Westbrook being better than KD this year is irrelevant. He's playing the best ball of his life and also been better than Lebron. I'm not sure that I'm buying this line that Bron = ultra elite defensively this season, either. He's not getting anything close to the defensive assignments given to guys like Kawhi, and while he's been great in his role, it's a limited role. I don't see any easy argument for Lebron > Durant, though I do give him the slight edge at this point.

kdspurman
02-02-2016, 12:52 PM

Sorry, but those just aren't true.

Munkeysuit
02-02-2016, 01:06 PM
Curry
Lebron
Kawhi
Westbrook
Cousins

Durant
Butler
D Green
CP3
K Thompson

Scoots
02-02-2016, 01:27 PM
This year's all-nba teams will be VERY interesting in that if Davis doesn't make it it will cost him $23M.

I kind of hope he turns it around and totally dominates the second half, and I kind of hope he doesn't and gets left off the teams.

FraziersKnicks
02-02-2016, 06:11 PM
Sorry, but those just aren't true.

I understand Kawhi doesn't have the ball in his hands as much as Bron and the Spurs are all about ball movement but per 36 he averages 2.8 APG, good for 10th on the team. He's also 10th on the team in AST%. He's absolutely nowhere near LeBron in terms of playmaking or creating his own shot (although he's got better with that).

He's assisted on 49% of his two pointers (shoots 51.2%) and 91.8% of his three's (shoots a very good 47.8%). LeBron on the other hand is assisted on 37% of his two's (makes 56.4%) and 58.3% of his three's (shoots a rubbish 27.6%).

So Kawhi is assisted on 4.2 of his 7.1 made field goals a game (roughly 59%). Then considering some of those field goals are three's, it's probably safe to say close to two thirds of his PPG are assisted on. So my statement is absolutely true. The majority of his points are assisted upon.

tredigs
02-02-2016, 06:27 PM
This year's all-nba teams will be VERY interesting in that if Davis doesn't make it it will cost him $23M.

I kind of hope he turns it around and totally dominates the second half, and I kind of hope he doesn't and gets left off the teams.
He's definitely likely to make the 3rd team.

That said, I could care less about a hundred-millionaires potential All NBA bonus.

Scoots
02-02-2016, 07:32 PM
He's definitely likely to make the 3rd team.

That said, I could care less about a hundred-millionaires potential All NBA bonus.

I just think it would be funny. I don't actually "CARE" :)

You are also correct ... by my figuring Davis ends up on 2nd team.

C/F in no particular order having a better season than Davis: Kawhi, Green, Cousins, LeBron, Durant

Sanjay
02-02-2016, 07:33 PM

I know Westbrook is having probably his best start to a season and Durant is pretty much playing as he usually does, but I still think KD is the best player on the Thunder this season. Durant is as efficient as ever while Russell still needs to continue to improve his efficiency and reduce his turnovers. I would put KD over Leonard in the 1st team.

Gander13SM
02-02-2016, 07:39 PM
I have a feeling I'm going to catch some flak for this.

F: Leonard

Sanjay
02-02-2016, 07:42 PM
1st team:
G - Steph Curry
G - Westbrook
F - LeBron
F - Durant
C - Cousins

2nd team:
G - Butler
G - Paul
F - Leonard
F - D. Green
C - Davis

kdspurman
02-03-2016, 10:54 AM
I understand Kawhi doesn't have the ball in his hands as much as Bron and the Spurs are all about ball movement but per 36 he averages 2.8 APG, good for 10th on the team. He's also 10th on the team in AST%. He's absolutely nowhere near LeBron in terms of playmaking or creating his own shot (although he's got better with that).

He's assisted on 49% of his two pointers (shoots 51.2%) and 91.8% of his three's (shoots a very good 47.8%). LeBron on the other hand is assisted on 37% of his two's (makes 56.4%) and 58.3% of his three's (shoots a rubbish 27.6%).

So Kawhi is assisted on 4.2 of his 7.1 made field goals a game (roughly 59%). Then considering some of those field goals are three's, it's probably safe to say close to two thirds of his PPG are assisted on. So my statement is absolutely true. The majority of his points are assisted upon.

You said his play-making ability is non-existent. As someone who watches every game, I can tell you that just isn't true. Going off APG or whatever isn't doing him justice. (he's also 9th in the league in steals, but those guys ahead of him aren't better defensively)

He isn't the same type of player as Lebron in terms of play-making, they play 2 diff styles. But I can tell you this year he is definitely more involved in play-making and making things happen. Whether it be from the post, or in transition, and now he's been more involved in P&R action, his play-making abilities are improving and do exist.

Re: his FG's assisted on, maybe where I looked was not accurate. He gets a lot of his 3's assisted on, with the occasional walk up 3, or stop & pop. I mean if he gets a pass in the post, and scores off a a couple dribbles/ fade-away or post up, yes it counts as an assist, but he's making it happen too with his offensive abilities. And I can tell you, re: his 2 pointers, that is the case quite often. So there may be some truth to what you are saying, I just think you exaggerated them a bit w/o watching much IMHO.

mrblisterdundee
02-03-2016, 07:20 PM

I think Davis has a case as the center of the third team, but there are so many good forwards, and he's been kind of embattled down there in New Orleans. Maybe he should get credit for what a bad team he's on.

All-NBA first:
G - Stephen Curry
G - Russell Westbrook
F - Kawhi Leonard
F - LeBron James
C - DeMarcus Cousins

All-NBA second:
G - Chris Paul
G - Kyle Lowry
F - Paul George
F - Kevin Durant
C - Draymond Green

All-NBA third:

G - Damian Lillard
G - James Harden
F - Jimmy Butler
F - Anthony Davis
C - Hassan Whiteside

tredigs
02-03-2016, 07:46 PM
I think Davis has a case as the center of the third team, but there are so many good forwards, and he's been kind of embattled down there in New Orleans. Maybe he should get credit for what a bad team he's on.

All-NBA first:
G - Stephen Curry
G - Russell Westbrook
F - Kawhi Leonard
F - LeBron James
C - DeMarcus Cousins

All-NBA second:
G - Chris Paul
G - Kyle Lowry
F - Paul George
F - Kevin Durant
C - Draymond Green

All-NBA third:

G - Damian Lillard
G - James Harden
F - Jimmy Butler
F - Anthony Davis
C - Hassan Whiteside

Butler will get in as a guard not a forward. Lillard won't make it. AD will make that 3rd team as a forward or center if things stay about as they are.