PDA

View Full Version : Who will be the next Jordan after Curry?

ewing
01-30-2016, 03:08 AM
Seems like LeBron's time has past.

tredigs
01-30-2016, 03:11 AM
Better question: Who will be the next Ewing after Roy Hibbert?

Gander13SM
01-30-2016, 03:51 AM
Wow. You really take things personally. I've never seen anyone so attached to a player (well, not anyone >14 years old)

NYKalltheway
01-30-2016, 10:00 AM
Whoever it is, I hope he's close to the real deal. It's been 20 years since we've seen something come up that could compare (Grant Hill).

Aust
01-30-2016, 02:08 PM
Some kid that we don't know about who is in middle/high school right now.

KnicksorBust
01-30-2016, 02:13 PM
Who will be the next Harold Minor?

dmb101588
01-30-2016, 02:24 PM
The questions should be who will be the next great player. Jordan's time is long past. No one should want to be Jordan, they should want to be better and be themselves. The comparisons are disgusting. There's no best player ever, there's a best player at the certain positions and of that time period. Jordan isn't better than shaq at being a center just as shaq isn't better than Jordan was at his position. They aren't comparable, and neither is Jordan to lebron or curry.

5ass
01-30-2016, 04:02 PM
Zaza Pachulia

IBleedPurple
01-30-2016, 05:35 PM
Dirt woman

5ass
01-30-2016, 11:55 PM
Who will be the next Harold Minor?

Who will be the next Deshawn Stevenson? Suck my Dirk. Lol

FlashBolt
01-31-2016, 12:12 AM
Ewing, why are you comparing a SG who wasn't exactly a shooter with someone who is the greatest shooter ever? The label of "Who will be the next Jordan" is ruining this sport. There is no next Jordan, there is only the next great NBA player.

joedaheights
01-31-2016, 12:52 AM
Name whatever $5 buster is coming along ... Kobe is at least Diet Jordan and Lebron and Shaq (as a total player not the same type of player) came along and were close enough on the thoroughbred freak scale to not be terrible.

But take your pick when it comes to those who can't get their fix unless they're anointing someone 5 minutes after they won a ring or had a great month or whatever.

Some People forget that Harold miner was baby Jordan and that Jerry stack house got some of that recognition. Funny Dwayne Wade was closer than anything I've seen even if only for a season but he never got tagged as that.

Jimmy butler could lead a team to a ring and you'd be hearing "is Jimmy the greatest bull ever."

People forget that tiger woods was GOING TO BREAK Jacks record and you were just a fool if you didn't think so... Except he didn't.

That was the curse of Jordan's second three peat. It mobilized a media machine where everything that happened five minutes ago has to be the greatest thing that ever happened

Laker Legend42
01-31-2016, 11:03 AM
Why is this conversation about who's coming up after steph curry? He's basically just getting started. The question should be what's next after Rasul butler?

NYKnickFanatic
01-31-2016, 11:23 AM
Better question: Who will be the next Ewing after Roy Hibbert?

Stop.

NYKalltheway
01-31-2016, 11:36 AM
Some People forget that Harold miner was baby Jordan and that Jerry stack house got some of that recognition. Funny Dwayne Wade was closer than anything I've seen even if only for a season but he never got tagged as that.

Couldn't agree more on Wade. He was the closest thing to the next MJ for a brief moment of time. Also T-mac was the best player I've seen since Jordan (could argue Grant Hill as well) but for some reason these guys don't last that much. Kobe is the closest imitation to Michael Jordan but he was nowhere near. Especially in his first years, even the championship winning seasons, I remember people calling him Airball Kobe in contrast to Air Jordan.

JasonJohnHorn
01-31-2016, 04:02 PM
There's this three-year-old I saw dribbling a child-size ball the other day... looked killer. For sure. He's the next Jordan.

Given that all we really have access to is current NBA players and some freshmen in college, this is an impossible question to answer.

Gander13SM
01-31-2016, 05:47 PM
I still say it's KD. ;)

LakersEaglesLA
02-01-2016, 03:59 PM
Im sorry Im confused is Curry the present Jordan?

ManRam
02-01-2016, 04:49 PM
Why is Curry the current Jordan? Play styles are absurdly different. These current-to-past player comparisons are so silly. Curry is unlike anyone that's ever played before him. As was LeBron.

Are you just asking who the next consensus best player will be after Curry?

Corey
02-01-2016, 05:22 PM
Michael Porter and Josh Jackson are going to be legit.

Hawkeye15
02-01-2016, 06:29 PM
Still have my money on Harold Miner

Gander13SM
02-01-2016, 07:10 PM
Why is Curry the current Jordan? Play styles are absurdly different. These current-to-past player comparisons are so silly. Curry is unlike anyone that's ever played before him. As was LeBron.

Nah. Jordan is the old Curry.

NYKalltheway
02-02-2016, 07:25 AM
Im sorry Im confused is Curry the present Jordan?

You guys are missing the point by miles.

The notion is, that whoever is the best current player, is an automatic candidate for Greatest of all time. Lebron is hailed as one of the greatest ever just because he dominated the recent years. There are people suggesting Curry can be the GOAT just because of his last year and current year performances. After Curry, someone else will be the #1 in the league and then he'd be the future GOAT..

Gander13SM
02-02-2016, 07:38 AM

The notion is, that whoever is the best current player, is an automatic candidate for Greatest of all time. Lebron is hailed as one of the greatest ever just because he dominated the recent years. There are people suggesting Curry can be the GOAT just because of his last year and current year performances. After Curry, someone else will be the #1 in the league and then he'd be the future GOAT..

There is no goat.

It's all media fabricated B.S

NYKalltheway
02-02-2016, 09:08 AM
There is no goat.

It's all media fabricated B.S

There definitely is a Greatest of his time.

And there's a GOAT. It depends on how you view and measure greatness. I accept an opinion that says greatness cannot be measured, of course.

For me personally, it's about levels. There are some players that are unparalleled in terms of their level of play.

Those guys are Michael Jordan, Magic Johnson, Larry Bird, Kareem Abdul Jabar. That's level 1. Then I have the 2nd level with guys like Shaquille O'Neal, Hakeem Olajuwon, Oscar Robertson, Jerry West, Wilt Chamberlain and Bill Russell. And there might be a place in the 2nd level for Tim Duncan in there upon retirement.

ManRam
02-02-2016, 03:35 PM

Sorry. Not around enough to pick up on silly sarcasm (I guess) like that....

KnickNyKnick
02-02-2016, 05:01 PM
who is the next NBA broadcaster to bite a women.

JasonJohnHorn
02-02-2016, 06:41 PM
Still have my money on Harold Miner

No... he decided to be the first Harold Miner ;-)

That was SUCH a great commercial, except for the fact he should have just went ahead and been the next Michael Jordan, because he would have made a lot more money that way.

JasonJohnHorn
02-02-2016, 06:43 PM
who is the next NBA broadcaster to bite a women.

I'm going with either Mark Jackson, or Marv Albert.

I think the easy answer is Marv Albert, due to past behaviour, but I think Jackson stands a good chance of unseating him.

Laker Legend42
02-02-2016, 06:54 PM

I think the easy answer is Marv Albert, due to past behaviour, but I think Jackson stands a good chance of unseating him.
Greg Anthony might have something to say about that. That's my pick. If Greg Anthony does the woman will be a stripper and/or prostitute and he's gonna bite them on the butt.

KnickNyKnick
02-02-2016, 08:31 PM
yup i think Marv Albert will go for that 2nd ring. in the next few seasons...

ewing
02-02-2016, 11:19 PM

does Isaiah Thomas count?

ewing
02-02-2016, 11:20 PM
yup i think Marv Albert will go for that 2nd ring. in the next few seasons...

that guys still follows the knicks. He did a national broadcast the other night and was spot on.

goingfor28
02-03-2016, 03:51 AM
We calling Steph Curry equal to MJ? Looooooool ok

KnickNyKnick
02-03-2016, 01:51 PM
god i wish the league allowed the aggressive play the 90's had

NYKalltheway
02-03-2016, 03:27 PM
god i wish the league allowed the aggressive play the 90's had

the Knicks would still be below par :D

KnickNyKnick
02-03-2016, 05:57 PM
yes lol but at least we'd see some good hits more frequent NBA wide.