PDA

View Full Version : What Moves to the OKC Thunder Need to Make at the Trade Deadline to Truly Compete?

Nikeman
01-29-2016, 10:22 PM
Simple question, what are some possible trades OKC can make to help them better compete out West.

Whenever I watch this team, it quite simply looks like its 2 vs 5 and sometimes when Kanter is engaged 3 vs 5. It seems Ibaka has peaked and has even declined a little bit.

Today against Houston, its 58-55 at halftime and Westbrook has 22 and Durant 16 at half. Their next highest scorer has 4 points.

This team has 2 of the top 5 players in the NBA, who can will them to compete against anyone, but to truly compete against GSW and SA, do you see this team make any moves at the deadline?

With Durant scheduled to be a FA, how far OKC goes in the playoffs can truly determine what he does this off-season. Its sad to see how much talent has left that roster, Jeff Green, Harden, Reggie Jackson, etc etc.

That being said, what are some possible moves they can make or do they stand pat and go into April with this current roster?

D-Leethal
01-29-2016, 10:43 PM
Kanter was certainly not the right guy to spend their cap on, especially considering they do not like to spend it to begin with.

Ty22Mitchell
01-29-2016, 10:46 PM
Personally, I'd be ok if RW wouldn't be allowed to shoot the ball in the last two minutes of any game where they are either plus or minus 5 points (come playoff time). lol.

Shot selection...

D-Leethal
01-29-2016, 10:47 PM
Presti did such a good job stacking his deck early and such a god awful job sustaining that talent level once he had it.

Nikeman
01-29-2016, 10:49 PM
Kanter was certainly not the right guy to spend their cap on, especially considering they do not like to spend it to begin with.

Agreed, not nearly worth the 80m he got.

Nikeman
01-29-2016, 10:50 PM
Presti did such a good job stacking his deck early and such a god awful job sustaining that talent level once he had it.

Yes, they could have went head to head with GS if they were able to keep some of their talent. Now they look like a 2 man isolation team.

I hope they realize this and make some moves.

Ty22Mitchell
01-29-2016, 10:50 PM
I heard this on True hoops podcast awhile back, but the most obvious answer is to stop relying on isolation offense from KD and Russ. It was the downfall of Brooks. Come playoff time they will struggle to score as a result.

Raps08-09 Champ
01-29-2016, 10:54 PM
Cancel the Harden trade.

5ass
01-29-2016, 11:18 PM
They need to part with all their assets in order to build a good team around Durant and Westbrook. They screwed themselves over with that Kanter trade. He 's so overpaid. Problem is they don't have much assets outside Payne so they're going to need to trade Ibaka.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=gtgkfrq

OKC get Morris, who can replace Ibaka's minutes. Chandler who will replace Kanter's minutes. Covington and Fournier provide a very good wing rotation. Fournier can replace Waiters. Magic could add Nicholson to give them some depth in the front court and a good low post scorer.

Westbrook/Augustine
Fournier/Roberson
Durant/Covington
Morris/Nicholson/Collison
Adams/Chandler

I like the fit a lot. They can go small ball with Morris/Nicholson/Collison at center and Covington at PF.

mrblisterdundee
01-30-2016, 01:43 AM
Durant and Westbrook are the best one-two combination in the NBA, but I don't see them staying with such a badly run organization.

ewing
01-30-2016, 07:47 AM
None

Gander13SM
01-30-2016, 08:20 AM
Fire their coach and bring in someone who can teach an offense to Westbrook that isn't just high PnR & Isolations?

Backcourt depth would be nice.

DanG
01-30-2016, 09:42 AM
They need a better bench and players that fit.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=z2eh8n3

Major changes, but that's what they need.

OKC:

Westbrook/Payne/Augustin
Gordon/Terry/Morrow
Durant/Ariza
T.Jones/Collison
Adams/Ajinca

All kindzzz of players who can step up. Gordon is a great 3PT shooter and he doesn't need to ball in his hands.

HOU:

Beverley/Lawson
Harden/Thornton
Roberson/Brewer
Anderson/DMo
Howard/Capela

SAC:

Rondo/Collison
Bellinelli/Waiters/McLemore
Casspi/Acy
Ibaka/WCS
Cousins/Koufos

NOP:

Holiday/Cole
Evans/Douglas
Gay/Gee
AD/Cunningham
Kanter/Asik

Works for everyone

ewing
01-31-2016, 11:17 AM
you guys know they are 36 and 13 with 2 top 10 players in the league right? they don't need to do anything. if i'm GS a healthy OKC is the last team i want to see on the playoffs. Yep last. If they can slow the pace they can play through KD same as the Cavs played through LBJ last year but he wont have to shoot as much and he wont shoot under 40%.

beasted86
01-31-2016, 11:24 AM
Fire their coach and bring in someone who can teach an offense to Westbrook that isn't just high PnR & Isolations?

Backcourt depth would be nice.

If they had Rick Carlisle, I'd pretty much have them favourites out West.

xnick5757
01-31-2016, 12:04 PM
They need to pray that either Curry, Draymond, or Aldridge goes down with an injury.

Only way they win

dalton749
01-31-2016, 01:37 PM
They just need a sg that can run off screens and play defence. A Terrence Ross.

IKnowHoops
01-31-2016, 01:58 PM
They need there own version of Draymond Green/Prime Boris Diaw. A 5 tool player who doesn't care about stats but can do it all at a B level who is gritty and seems to always get the key reb/steal/asst/pt.

KnicksorBust
01-31-2016, 02:26 PM
They need there own version of Draymond Green/Prime Boris Diaw. A 5 tool player who doesn't care about stats but can do it all at a B level who is gritty and seems to always get the key reb/steal/asst/pt.

Theoretically that could be Ibaka but he has oddly regressed. Is he fighting injuries?

flea
01-31-2016, 02:38 PM
They're fine, easily the 2nd best offense in the league that contains the stacked Warriors. Not every team can be like the Warriors and be 7-8 deep with 2-way players. They are more like the Cavs who have nice role players around their stars - that is generally how NBA teams are built.

Their biggest problem is defensively and it begins and ends with their bigs since their perimeter effectiveness as a team is actually pretty good (due to length and athleticism). But they aren't great on the defensive glass and they suck on giving stuff up at the rim. The latter is never going to be great if you're going to play Kanter, but it can get better and it'll have to be Ibaka or Durant helping out.

Durant has never been the defender he should be (nor has Westbrook to be fair) but I don't think anyone wants to face them in the playoffs. They've got prime stars and solid role players to make a run.

ewing
01-31-2016, 02:44 PM
just put 50 bucks at 10 to 1 for them to come out of the West.

FlashBolt
01-31-2016, 02:51 PM
We need a SG who doesn't think he's the best player on the team and is willing to become a lockdown defender. Lack of depth as well. I used to thought it might be because KD/Westbrook were just hogging the ball but I've just noticed that their teammates don't have any clue what to do when they do have the ball. Our third best offensive option/creator is Dion Waiters.. he's a joke and should be playing in China.

JasonJohnHorn
01-31-2016, 04:03 PM
They should call up the ATL and see what they need to offer to get Horford.

That, or go back in time and no trade Harden and then let Sefolosha go for nothing.

BKLYNpigeon
01-31-2016, 04:53 PM
They need a wing defender that can switch in many positions.

Jae Crowder.

FlashBolt
01-31-2016, 05:03 PM
They need a wing defender that can switch in many positions.

Jae Crowder.

Haha, I thought the same in regards to Crowder but I also tried to think of someone who wasn't getting a huge payday already. We can't afford Crowder and Boston wouldn't entertain any trade without KD/Westbrook from us.

Lakers + Giants
01-31-2016, 05:38 PM
They need Lou Williams.

I'll take Durant.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-31-2016, 05:49 PM
They need to part with all their assets in order to build a good team around Durant and Westbrook. They screwed themselves over with that Kanter trade. He 's so overpaid. Problem is they don't have much assets outside Payne so they're going to need to trade Ibaka.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=gtgkfrq

OKC get Morris, who can replace Ibaka's minutes. Chandler who will replace Kanter's minutes. Covington and Fournier provide a very good wing rotation. Fournier can replace Waiters. Magic could add Nicholson to give them some depth in the front court and a good low post scorer.

Westbrook/Augustine
Fournier/Roberson
Durant/Covington
Morris/Nicholson/Collison
Adams/Chandler

I like the fit a lot. They can go small ball with Morris/Nicholson/Collison at center and Covington at PF.

Chandler is horrible with that new contract. 4 years to boot. So makes the trade kinda negative. Also Morris been in the doghouse and was barely playing for a while. So overall Fournier is only decent piece. Haven't watch much of 76ers to gauge Covington's value but probably empty stats on lottery team. So kinda grim parting with Ibaka.

Gander13SM
01-31-2016, 06:01 PM
Chandler is horrible with that new contract. 4 years to boot. So makes the trade kinda negative. Also Morris been in the doghouse and was barely playing for a while. So overall Fournier is only decent piece. Haven't watch much of 76ers to gauge Covington's value but probably empty stats on lottery team. So kinda grim parting with Ibaka.

Pretty harsh on Covington. Kid is legit.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-31-2016, 06:09 PM
Pretty harsh on Covington. Kid is legit.

I wouldn't say harsh when I stated I haven't seen much of 76ers games other then the early game in season versus my Bucks. But still not hard for a player to become a chucker and inflate stats on top lottery team. So I wouldn't completely say harsh. When 76ers are a playoff team and he's putting up good consistent numbers then yeah call it harsh.

Raps08-09 Champ
01-31-2016, 06:26 PM
Kanter and 2 draft picks for Brook Lopez.

Gander13SM
01-31-2016, 06:36 PM
I wouldn't say harsh when I stated I haven't seen much of 76ers games other then the early game in season versus my Bucks. But still not hard for a player to become a chucker and inflate stats on top lottery team. So I wouldn't completely say harsh. When 76ers are a playoff team and he's putting up good consistent numbers then yeah call it harsh.

He attempts less than 10 shots per game. I don't think that qualifies him as a chucker.

And we know he can shoot. He's done it for long enough now. We know he can defend. Being on a crappy team doesn't inflate your ability to shoot or defend.

If anything, playing on a crappy team would make a player like him look worse. He's not getting 20 FGA per game or a ridiculous amount of touches due to lack of a better option.

Whatever.

Tony_Starks
01-31-2016, 08:18 PM
Trade a Ibaka package for Dwight Howard and Trevor Ariza or even Corey Brewer.

With all the attention on KD and Russ Dwight should have a field day roaming the paint and running the floor for lobs.

Slide Ariza/ Brewer over to the 2spot for D and 3.

Championship!

Stunner
01-31-2016, 10:13 PM
Take Pau Gasol please

look! big kids
01-31-2016, 10:42 PM
Irrationally made an account to point out the pretty irrelevant coincidence that in the past 18 games, the top 6 teams in the league are:

Warriors 15-3
Spurs 15-3
Thunder 15-3
Clippers 15-3
Cavaliers 15-3
Raptors 15-3

5ass
02-01-2016, 12:13 AM
Well they're dumping Kanter's contract. Chandler's contract is fine in comparison. Plus, they could use a center. Morris is in the dog house not because of his game, his value is down, but he's still a decent replacement for some of Ibaka's minutes. Also, Ibaka's value is down because he's having a down year. Covington+Fournier are a very nice supporting duo. Covington can play. Both would be even better alongside Westbrook/Durant.

LOb0
02-01-2016, 01:20 AM
They need someone like a Batum, wing that plays D and hits open 3s. They need to completely get rid of Waiters and get a legitimate bench player. They also need an NBA level shooting guard.

They're screwed, without giving up multiple draft picks they have nothing worth any value outside of the main core other then Adams. This team is going no where and WB and KD will likely be bailing in a couple years. I could see KD bailing after this year if they get crushed in the POs.

I can't wait for them to leave. The worst owners in the league just wasting all that talent with WB and KD because they're cheap. They're worse than Philly. Even Philly would spend money if they thought they could win a title.

IKnowHoops
02-01-2016, 01:56 AM
Kanter + Ibaka for Blake

5ass
02-01-2016, 04:36 AM
Kanter + Ibaka for Blake

Clippers quickly say no. Blake is much better than ibaka and Kanter basically has no value.

Gander13SM
02-01-2016, 07:06 AM
Kanter + Ibaka for Blake

This is a bad idea for a number of reasons. Will never happen.

But I can't stop thinking about how many blocks the Clippers would get with a DJ-Ibaka front court.

Necrosis
02-01-2016, 08:22 AM
He attempts less than 10 shots per game. I don't think that qualifies him as a chucker.

And we know he can shoot. He's done it for long enough now. We know he can defend. Being on a crappy team doesn't inflate your ability to shoot or defend.

If anything, playing on a crappy team would make a player like him look worse. He's not getting 20 FGA per game or a ridiculous amount of touches due to lack of a better option.

Whatever.

He is a bad player, he cannot shoot, he is under 39% from the field and 34% from 3 and he is older at 25. His FG% has been declining each year in the league and his efficiency also.

He can be a role player, bench player, but he is a scrub right now.

Memento mori
02-01-2016, 08:49 AM
OKC must change Donovan.... with Popovich. They should work on tactis and team mentality, is not a question about talent and players

Gander13SM
02-01-2016, 09:05 AM
He is a bad player, he cannot shoot, he is under 39% from the field and 34% from 3 and he is older at 25. His FG% has been declining each year in the league and his efficiency also.

He can be a role player, bench player, but he is a scrub right now.

34% from 3 is respectable. It's better than 50% on layups. He can shoot.

And his defense is solid.

It isn't fair to say he worse this year than last because hes had to deal with injury issues and he's missed a bunch of games. Plus he had a cold start.

I'm not saying he's a starter for any team. I'm saying to dismiss him as having inflated stats because he's on a crappy team is harsh. He's taking < 10fga per game. He's not Kevin Love or some guy chucking up 20 on a bad team, getting extra touches and usage because there's no better option.

If anything, playing on a crappy team is probably holding him back. I would love to see him coming off the bench or even starting in a Budenholzer, Kerr, Popovich type team. If the Warriors can make Iguodala look like a dead eye shooter anything is possible.

Willing to bet this kid would see a nice spike in his % if he was on a better squad.

But hey. We'll never know.

DanG
02-01-2016, 03:00 PM
Kanter for Eric Gordon makes sense. OKC dumps Kanter's salary and gets the SG they need. Pelicans finally get a decent C to pair up with Davis.

DboneG
02-01-2016, 03:53 PM
NONE! This team is fine. Just be healthy come playoff time. OKC is a team you don't want to play in the playoffs. Very dangerous! They can beat anybody. If they are healthy, and everybody is on the same page, come playoffs...watch out!

ewing
02-01-2016, 03:58 PM
34% from 3 is respectable. It's better than 50% on layups. He can shoot.

And his defense is solid.

It isn't fair to say he worse this year than last because hes had to deal with injury issues and he's missed a bunch of games. Plus he had a cold start.

I'm not saying he's a starter for any team. I'm saying to dismiss him as having inflated stats because he's on a crappy team is harsh. He's taking < 10fga per game. He's not Kevin Love or some guy chucking up 20 on a bad team, getting extra touches and usage because there's no better option.

If anything, playing on a crappy team is probably holding him back. I would love to see him coming off the bench or even starting in a Budenholzer, Kerr, Popovich type team. If the Warriors can make Iguodala look like a dead eye shooter anything is possible.

Willing to bet this kid would see a nice spike in his % if he was on a better squad.

But hey. We'll never know.

:nod:

IKnowHoops
02-02-2016, 12:52 AM
I would def trade Ibaka and Kanter. I'd try to acquire the Morris brothers and Nerlens.

Starting 5

PG Russ
SG Durant
SF Morris 1
PF Morris 2
C Noel

Jeffy25
02-02-2016, 04:04 AM
Can they just get a 2 that can hit an open 3, play off screens, set screens, and play good defense?

Who fits that profile the best that isn't on a very good team that would deal him?

Also, Westbrook needs better shot selection

jerellh528
02-02-2016, 04:47 AM
Okc will truly compete. They have by far the best 1-2 punch in the NBA. Their top two players might be 2 of the top 3 players in the NBA right now. All it takes is one of them getting hot in the playoffs and a championship wouldn't surprise me at all. They could use some help, but when you got durant and Westbrook on one team, you're a legit contender.

kobe4thewinbang
02-02-2016, 02:07 PM
Okc will truly compete. They have by far the best 1-2 punch in the NBA. Their top two players might be 2 of the top 3 players in the NBA right now. All it takes is one of them getting hot in the playoffs and a championship wouldn't surprise me at all. They could use some help, but when you got durant and Westbrook on one team, you're a legit contender.Legit contenders score more than 60-70 points and that's when both stars are playing well. Kanter had a big game the other night, but hasn't justified that contract. Ibaka is declining and they no longer have Reggie to bail them out and steal a game come playoff time. They should make a move, but they don't have many expendable pieces and guys like Adams are worth keeping.

Alayla
02-02-2016, 02:20 PM
Can they just get a 2 that can hit an open 3, play off screens, set screens, and play good defense?

Who fits that profile the best that isn't on a very good team that would deal him?

Also, Westbrook needs better shot selection

Sigh... When will people understand that's just Westbrook's role.
Also as many people have said already OKC is a contender almost regardless of supporting cast right now but they really could use a proper 2.

Jeffy25
02-02-2016, 02:23 PM
Sigh... When will people understand that's just Westbrook's role.
Also as many people have said already OKC is a contender almost regardless of supporting cast right now but they really could use a proper 2.

Chucking ugly shots with 9 seconds left on the shot clock is never defensible by saying it's his role.

No, it's poor decision making.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
02-02-2016, 02:31 PM
Kanter for Eric Gordon makes sense. OKC dumps Kanter's salary and gets the SG they need. Pelicans finally get a decent C to pair up with Davis.

After that go small ball with Ibaka at center and Durant at PF.

Alayla
02-02-2016, 03:30 PM
Chucking ugly shots with 9 seconds left on the shot clock is never defensible by saying it's his role.

No, it's poor decision making.

First of all you must not have watched him for a few years now as hes become a very disciplined shooter compared with his early career.
Secondly it actually is his number 1 job offensively is to force the defense to pay attention to him in order to open things up for everyone else this means he has to be shooting ALOT even when him shooting doesn't seem like a good idea.

Jeffy25
02-02-2016, 03:38 PM
First of all you must not have watched him for a few years now as hes become a very disciplined shooter compared with his early career.
Secondly it actually is his number 1 job offensively is to force the defense to pay attention to him in order to open things up for everyone else this means he has to be shooting ALOT even when him shooting doesn't seem like a good idea.

Charles Barkley used this defense for shooting 3's.

It didn't apply then either.

He can force the issue without taking stupid shots. They have to pay more attention to a good shooter rather than a .425% shooter taking 18 foot fade-aways

Nikeman
02-07-2016, 12:55 AM
Golden State outscored OKCs bench 42-17...

Kanter had 14 of those 17.. OKC needs help if they have any chance.

FOXHOUND
02-07-2016, 01:06 AM
The truth of the matter is, there's really no moves they can make that will improve the team. Ibaka needs to play a lot better, there is zero excuse for his rebounding dropping off the way it has the last two seasons and in general he needs to be making a much bigger impact.

I guess they could trade him, but how could they possibly trade him without creating another hole at PF? The obvious hole they have is at SG, where they arguably have the worst SG play in the league. What trade could they possibly make that doesn't make them then weak at PF? Right now they have a good big man trio going on with Ibaka, Adams and Kanter with all three serving good roles for their ability.

JLynn943
02-07-2016, 02:16 AM
Charles Barkley used this defense for shooting 3's.

It didn't apply then either.

He can force the issue without taking stupid shots. They have to pay more attention to a good shooter rather than a .425% shooter taking 18 foot fade-aways

He's not really taking 18 foot fadeaways or shooting early for no reason though. This is just the volume shooting narrative that people eat up rearing its ugly head again. Some people just don't get it.

Anyway, the Thunder really need some more competent scoring. Westbrook got some points out of Adams tonight, and Kanter did his thing, but they sorely need another threat. I'd put anyone not named Durant or Westbrook on the trade block to do it. Maybe they could get a guy like Fournier.

Lakers + Giants
02-07-2016, 02:52 AM
Brandon Bass and Lou Will :)

5ass
02-07-2016, 03:32 AM
He's not really taking 18 foot fadeaways or shooting early for no reason though. This is just the volume shooting narrative that people eat up rearing its ugly head again. Some people just don't get it.

Anyway, the Thunder really need some more competent scoring. Westbrook got some points out of Adams tonight, and Kanter did his thing, but they sorely need another threat. I'd put anyone not named Durant or Westbrook on the trade block to do it. Maybe they could get a guy like Fournier.

Fournier would be a very nice fit. Their only asset (outside Westbrook, KD, Ibaka) worth anything right now is Payne. I guess Adams is an asset, but they wouldn't have a center if they traded him. They'd have to give up Payne, and he would go to a third team. Or they do something like this which I posted on the second page of the thread http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=gtgkfrq. Maybe its time to move away from Ibaka.

Nikeman
02-07-2016, 04:29 AM
Brandon Bass and Lou Will :)

Depending on what the Lakers want, that arguably seems like a huge get.

They desperately need bench scoring and Lou Williams is an ideal spark plug.

Bass is a perfect role player to back up Ibaka as well.

JLynn943
02-07-2016, 08:03 AM
Fournier would be a very nice fit. Their only asset (outside Westbrook, KD, Ibaka) worth anything right now is Payne. I guess Adams is an asset, but they wouldn't have a center if they traded him. They'd have to give up Payne, and he would go to a third team. Or they do something like this which I posted on the second page of the thread http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=gtgkfrq. Maybe its time to move away from Ibaka.

That's an interesting trade. I think it works out pretty evenly. Probably too many moving pieces to actually happen, but still.

I agree that it might be time to trade Ibaka.

Gander13SM
02-07-2016, 08:09 AM
Ibaka, Morrow and McGary

For

Courtney Lee, Tony Allen, Vince Carter, 2nd round pick from Boston.

Face it. When KD and Russ are on the floor nobody gets the ball aside from bigs that roll hard to the basket. So you don't need shooters. Having Allen allows you to contain the other teams best perimiter player (Curry etc) and rest Westbrook on the defensive end a little more. Courtney Lee is a marginally better back up wing than what they have and Vince Carter is chasing a ring so why not? He can just stand in the corner and shoot something now and then.

Memphis begin their "reload" with Ibaka moving in and slowly replacing Z-Bo. They get the knockdown shooter they so desperately need in Morrow and a young big just for the sake of making salaries work.

Versus the Warriors you would go with something like;

Russ - Roberson - Allen - Durant - Adams (Kanter/Waiters/Lee)

:laugh2: :laugh:

Roberson on Soup God, Allen on The Chef, Russ on the Black Falcon, KD on Money Green, Adams on Bogut.

xbrackattackx
02-07-2016, 11:47 AM
Waiters,Payne,Adams,Novak and Kanter and Future First to the Lakers

Young,Lou,Bass,Sacre,Tarik Black and Hibbert to the thunder.

Most of all the guys being sent to OKC,are expiring or on cheap contracts. Plus OKC gets out of Kanters bad contract. This is a trade about OKC competing this year and shipping out a one way center.

With the thunder needing help on scoring/Depth.

Westbrook/Lou/DJ
Roberson/Morrow/Lou
Durant/Young/Mcgary
Ibaka/Bass/Collison
Hibbert/Black/Sacre

Lakers could let Waiters shoot as much as he wants. And I think Payne and Adams would fit in well with Randall,Dlo and Clarkson.

This is just a scenario if OKC wanted to make a run now. Would have to take Kanters bad contract. But if the lakers got Payne,Adams and a pick I would put up with him for 3 more years. We are rebuilding anyways. And can deal with his ineptitude for now.

LOb0
02-07-2016, 11:57 AM
Waiters,Payne,Adams,Novak and Kanter and Future First to the Lakers

Young,Lou,Bass,Sacre,Tarik Black and Hibbert to the thunder.

Most of all the guys being sent to OKC,are expiring or on cheap contracts. Plus OKC gets out of Kanters bad contract. This is a trade about OKC competing this year and shipping out a one way center.

With the thunder needing help on scoring/Depth.

Westbrook/Lou/DJ
Roberson/Morrow/Lou
Durant/Young/Mcgary
Ibaka/Bass/Collison
Hibbert/Black/Sacre

Lakers could let Waiters shoot as much as he wants. And I think Payne and Adams would fit in well with Randall,Dlo and Clarkson.

This is just a scenario if OKC wanted to make a run now. Would have to take Kanters bad contract. But if the lakers got Payne,Adams and a pick I would put up with him for 3 more years. We are rebuilding anyways. And can deal with his ineptitude for now.

Lakers will not take Kanter's contract.

trevhipp7
02-10-2016, 12:45 AM
I feel like MCW could be a good fit. I think defense is definitely the Thunder's biggest need and adding a long defender like MCW to disrupt Curry could be perfect. Maybe a Payne for Carter-Williams swap with Milwaukee. Miwaukee needs some scoring help and Payne has the potential to provide that. If Westbrook leaves, MCW is still capable of facilitating an offense. The Warriors seemed to struggle with the Bucks' length earlier this season.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
02-12-2016, 10:44 AM
I feel like MCW could be a good fit. I think defense is definitely the Thunder's biggest need and adding a long defender like MCW to disrupt Curry could be perfect. Maybe a Payne for Carter-Williams swap with Milwaukee. Miwaukee needs some scoring help and Payne has the potential to provide that. If Westbrook leaves, MCW is still capable of facilitating an offense. The Warriors seemed to struggle with the Bucks' length earlier this season.

I already mentioned MCW for Cameron Payne on Bucks board. Sign me up.