PDA

View Full Version : East and West reserves

Stunner
01-28-2016, 07:31 PM
BREAKING! #NBA #AllStarGameReserves A. Drummond, P. Milsap, C. Bosh, J. Butler, I. Thomas, D. Derozan & J. Wall For the #East

BREAKING! #NBA #AllStarGameReserves D. Green, L. Aldridge, D. Cousins, A. Davis, C. Paul, K. Thompson & J. Harden For the #West

KnicksorBust
01-28-2016, 07:33 PM
Can't believe that ::insert player from your team:: got snubbed.

It looks good to me.

valade16
01-28-2016, 07:35 PM
Can't believe that Lillard got snubbed.

It looks good to me.

Fixed. It's true. Robbed.

sf-fanatic
01-28-2016, 08:29 PM
As a Warrior fan, if Damian Lillard got in over Klay, there would be no complaints from me.

greg_ory_2005
01-28-2016, 08:45 PM
Lillard. Maybe Dirk as well

shep33
01-28-2016, 08:49 PM
Meh, I think Lillard and Klay is closer than people think.

LanceUpperCut
01-28-2016, 08:49 PM
I agree on Lillard but not really surprising when your team is 42-4 that you get 3 all-stars. Overall it seem's like a decent list.

Bostonjorge
01-28-2016, 08:50 PM
Isiah Thomas earned it

Rondo and Damian both just on the outside.

tredigs
01-28-2016, 10:28 PM
As a Warrior fan, if Damian Lillard got in over Klay, there would be no complaints from me.

Me neither, but it's not what I'd call a "snub" even though individually he's a little better f'sure. Klay's D shouldn't go unnoticed in the comparison tho'. Not that Klay's an amazing defender or anything, but Lillard's about as poor as there is at PG imo. I'd have taken him over LMA, but again that's a team on pace for 70 wins, we can't be surprised they got 2 All Stars. The Lillard "snub" reminds me a lot of the years Monta never got on for the Warriors despite the nice box-score stats. I was never surprised or particularly upset.

YAALREADYKNO
01-28-2016, 10:56 PM
Aldridge over Dirk?

valade16
01-28-2016, 10:58 PM
Me neither, but it's not what I'd call a "snub" even though individually he's a little better f'sure. Klay's D shouldn't go unnoticed in the comparison tho'. Not that Klay's an amazing defender or anything, but Lillard's about as poor as there is at PG imo. I'd have taken him over LMA, but again that's a team on pace for 70 wins, we can't be surprised they got 2 All Stars. The Lillard "snub" reminds me a lot of the years Monta never got on for the Warriors despite the nice box-score stats. I was never surprised or particularly upset.

A big difference between Dame and Monta is when Monta was the team leader putting up those stats the team wasn't any good. Lillard has a team nobody thought would compete for the playoffs currently at the 8th seed.

That aside, I have no problem with Klay over Dame in the AS game. My beef is with LMA. He's the coward that couldn't handle being the man and fled to SA. Lillard is the one who stepped up and said "I'll be the leader".

Lillard should have made it over LMA.

tredigs
01-28-2016, 11:17 PM
A big difference between Dame and Monta is when Monta was the team leader putting up those stats the team wasn't any good. Lillard has a team nobody thought would compete for the playoffs currently at the 8th seed.

That aside, I have no problem with Klay over Dame in the AS game. My beef is with LMA. He's the coward that couldn't handle being the man and fled to SA. Lillard is the one who stepped up and said "I'll be the leader".

Lillard should have made it over LMA.

Well, pretty dang similar in the 2nd year many were saying Monta got snubbed. Warriors were a 24 win team the year prior, and on pace for 36 wins that year. Which is basically where Portland is at. And he was putting up ~24/4/7 with similarly deficient D and similar shooting numbers. It's as apt a comparison as there is I think. What hurt Dame was being the 4th PG, also. I agree he should have gotten it over LMA and possibly Klay also, but I'm also not surprised he did not.

CHANGO
01-28-2016, 11:20 PM
I think the less deserving guys on the West were, Kobe (of course) and Aldridge, you can sub them with Lillard and Dirk. Lillard got absolutely snubbed.

On the East is really hard "less" deserving players IMO are Bosh and Thomas, but is hard to make a case against them, I just think that Kemba deserved one spot there. He and IT have almost the same stats and % but Thomas is on the Celtics currently ranked 5th and Kemba on the Hornets ranked 9th. BUT let's not forget that Kemba has been carrying that Hornets team without MKG, Al Jefferson (best big and maybe 3rd best player) and sometimes Batum.

JasonJohnHorn
01-29-2016, 01:42 AM
East Starters

Lowry
Wade
LBJ
Melo
Paul George

East Reserves
Bosh
Butler
DMDR
Wall
Drummond
Milsap
Isiah Thomas

West Starters

Curry
Westbrook
Kobe
KD
Leonard

West reserves
LMA
DMC
Anthony Davis
Green
Klay
Harden
CP3

So who is missing?

Glaring omission in the east seems to be Love. The best team in the east has relied on James and Love to lead the way, but the Cavs only have on All-Star, while the Raptors, who they are outpacing, have two, as does the Heat. I think Love certainly deserved the spot more than Bosh. Bosh is scoring more, but he's given more shots, and Love is out rebounding Bosh significantly. Can't argue Love over Milsap though, and the Bosh is a close call. The wins the Cavs have are the deciding factor for me.

It's tough not to see Lillard up there, but the PGs ahead of him are better than him.

Griffin was obviously having a better year than LMA up until his injury, so since he couldn't play anyways, no issue there (but it would have been the right thing to give him the spot and then name a replacement).

Who do you think is missing?

joeystats
01-29-2016, 02:12 AM
Lillard. Period.

zn23
01-29-2016, 02:24 AM
First thing I thought about was that Pau Gasol should have made it. He and Butler have carried the Bulls all season. But then you have to ask who do you replace him with? All the guys that made it on the East deserved to make it. Tough luck for Pau.

I think they got the East right.

I think Favors should have been selected over Aldridge. Other than that I think they got the West right as well. Besides Kobe getting in, which was just a lifetime achievement award and I don't have too much problems with it.

tredigs
01-29-2016, 02:33 AM
Nobody robbed.

archdevil84
01-29-2016, 05:31 AM
M gasol over harden/davis

R. Johnson#3
01-29-2016, 05:54 AM
It sucks to be Damian Lillard but the people who made it in over him deserve it. If anything the only error I see is Butler is on the bench while Wade is starting.

b_russ
01-29-2016, 07:31 AM
First thing I thought about was that Pau Gasol should have made it. He and Butler have carried the Bulls all season. But then you have to ask who do you replace him with? All the guys that made it on the East deserved to make it. Tough luck for Pau.

I think they got the East right.

I think Favors should have been selected over Aldridge. Other than that I think they got the West right as well. Besides Kobe getting in, which was just a lifetime achievement award and I don't have too much problems with it.

If he didn't get hurt he would have had a chance.

Overall, I don't think anyone selected should have been left off.

SteBO
01-29-2016, 08:14 AM
Nobody robbed.
Bingo. One of the few years I think the coaches got it right.

FraziersKnicks
01-29-2016, 08:19 AM
I think Lillard is the only guy that got robbed tbh, other than that they got it spot on.

24/4/7 on 55 TS% is definitely AS worthy.

KnicksorBust
01-29-2016, 08:43 AM
Fixed. It's true. Robbed.

Lillard! Good one. I'm high on him. If Portland can just get an all-star PF, a defensive role playing center, a long defensive sf with some passing skills, and a 2 way shooting guard I think they could win 54 games and be players in the West. Oh wait...

valade16
01-29-2016, 11:25 AM
Lillard! Good one. I'm high on him. If Portland can just get an all-star PF, a defensive role playing center, a long defensive sf with some passing skills, and a 2 way shooting guard I think they could win 54 games and be players in the West. Oh wait...

Thank you for ruining my day :(

SLY WILLIAMS
01-29-2016, 11:34 AM
Lillard deserved some consideration for sure.

So did Gallinari over Aldridge.

19.4PPG-5.7RPG-2.6APG-19.7PER-.581TS%-9th Offensive Win Shares-10th Offensive Ranking-9th Turnover Percentage

Scoots
01-29-2016, 12:45 PM
Just curious so I looked it up and it's actually surprising how similar Klay and Dame are overall this year

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=0&y1=2016&p1=lillada01&y2=2016&p2=thompkl01&p3=&p4=&p5=&p6=

They just ran out of spots on the team.

I want to see the 3 Warriors and 2 Spurs on the court at the same time against LeBron, Wade, Bosh, Lowry, and Millsap.

ManningToTyree
01-29-2016, 01:27 PM
Yeah no real glaring snubs on either side. Lilard and dirk have been "all star worthy" but no obvious person they should replace.

valade16
01-29-2016, 01:44 PM
LMA shouldn't make it in over Lillard based solely on the fact he tucked tail and ran from the responsibility of the being the main man and Lillard embraced it.

Scoots
01-29-2016, 02:50 PM
LMA shouldn't make it in over Lillard based solely on the fact he tucked tail and ran from the responsibility of the being the main man and Lillard embraced it.

From what I heard LMA was annoyed that the city and franchise embraced Dame over him ... so not so much that he ran from the responsibility but that he honorably walked away (he could have screwed the team much worse) after it was taken from him.

Vee-Rex
01-29-2016, 03:12 PM
I was gonna start flipping tables if Cousins didn't make it.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-29-2016, 03:43 PM
I agree on Lillard but not really surprising when your team is 42-4 that you get 3 all-stars. Overall it seem's like a decent list.

Kinda like Hawks 4 all stars last season. 3 of them forgotten now.

ewing
01-29-2016, 04:20 PM

Well said Vlade :clap: :)

goingfor28
01-30-2016, 12:57 AM
Lillard
/thread