PDA

View Full Version : IF KD signs a one year deal as a UFA, where does he go for that one year?

IKnowHoops
01-28-2016, 03:52 AM
Gs, okc, was, lal, cle?

sf-fanatic
01-28-2016, 04:34 AM
Warriors lol

jerellh528
01-28-2016, 04:46 AM
Stays in okc obvi

PhillyFaninLA
01-28-2016, 07:15 AM
OKC or Washington....either way its to sign the long term deal with a bigger cap.

DetroitBadBoy
01-28-2016, 11:01 AM
Det if he wants the perfect fit.

Scoots
01-28-2016, 11:07 AM
OKC. No way he goes to Washington. Warriors probably don't REALLY want him.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-28-2016, 11:21 AM
I think Durant would be a one team guy until he's washed up. Then maybe plays one year with Wizards off the bench as a mentor.

DarkKnight
01-28-2016, 11:24 AM
NY / thread

Yanks All Day
01-28-2016, 11:56 AM
1 year dear = stay in OKC with the Thunder. It's not like Russell Westbrook is going to be signing an extension this off season, so you'd have to figure they'd give it one last shot together and either win or leave at the same time.

It makes too much sense. He'd get big money to stay in his comfort zone on a contending team. No unnecessary 1 year adjustments with a team he doesn't know if he'd stay past 1 year with. A 1 year contract means he'd be giving OKC one last chance to make a push for the NBA Finals or risk losing both of their superstars.

Teams like the Knicks, Wizards, etc. would be long-term project investments. They're not one Kevin Durant away from winning a title, so it's not like going there for a season puts them over the hump. Golden State probably wont even be an option, because if they're this good, they're going to (and should) lock up their core long-term first. Maybe Chicago is a "gut and rebuild around KD/Butler" idea, but that's certainly more of a long-term prospect than 1 year deal.

A 1 year deal just makes the most sense in OKC. Not really anywhere else. If he's going to leave, he's going for the big deal. A 28 year old superstar should look to lock up as big a contract as possible, not go year-to-year and risk serious injury, which KD has been bitten by recently. Just makes no sense.

KnicksorBust
01-28-2016, 12:36 PM
Honestly don't even feel like there is enough speculation that he even wants to leave. He seems to love Westbrook like a brother.

celticsman2009
01-28-2016, 01:15 PM
Boston :)

Scoots
01-28-2016, 02:05 PM
I think KDs biggest issue is that if the Warriors win again what is OKC going to do to counter them? So one more year in OKC to give them a last chance to change the team's fortunes.

By the way, I'm not saying that as a Warriors fan. As great as OKC is, it's amazing to me that they are looking at maybe never being the best team in the NBA.

xxplayerxx23
01-28-2016, 04:07 PM
Lol at the op putting clev

Legitimate
01-28-2016, 04:23 PM
he can come to toronto and we'll be championship contenders every year

Bostonjorge
01-28-2016, 05:18 PM
LAL or GS.

Lakers so he can have a reunion with Westbrook and harden all in LA. Or lakers draft Simmons and trade for Ingram then lakers look promising with additional cap.

GS to hijack the league and win 3 titles. Warriors can max out Durant and match Festus Ezeli. Let Barnes walk and trade Bogut expiring. Or trade Bogut and Iggys expiring and match Barnes. Basically keep one of Barnes, Iggy or Bogut.

tredigs
01-28-2016, 05:23 PM
Gs, okc, was, lal, cle?

Is there a rumor that he would sign a 1 year deal somewhere? Why not just a max?

The goods
01-28-2016, 05:39 PM
The big quesstion is does he really like playing with Westbrook, if he does then he stays no reason to leave a good team, if not he leaves and most likely goes to Washington.
I'd love him on the Lakers though.

IKnowHoops
01-29-2016, 04:28 PM
Is there a rumor that he would sign a 1 year deal somewhere? Why not just a max?

Saw it on PSD's front page of basketball the day I made the thread

xxplayerxx23
01-29-2016, 04:40 PM
The big quesstion is does he really like playing with Westbrook, if he does then he stays no reason to leave a good team, if not he leaves and most likely goes to Washington.
I'd love him on the Lakers though.

Don't get what is so great about Washington lol

Stunner
01-29-2016, 05:09 PM
Bulls !!!!

j-bay
01-29-2016, 06:47 PM
Don't get what is so great about Washington lol

Key word. Mom

D-Leethal
01-29-2016, 07:08 PM
Probably wherever he intends on signing long term. I don't see him moving to another team just to leave and sign long term somewhere else. He is only taking a 1 year deal to get the mega supermax cap boom payday while still in his peak prime - not to flop around and try out different situations. I presume it's possible he could stay put for a year and go into FA with Westbrook and sort of make a mutual decision to either stay together or bounce.

Since 2012 OKC has been left in the dust by GSW and San Antonio. How is Presti going to give them a better long term core than they already had and he dismantled? They don't deserve to keep those guys.

Aust
01-29-2016, 07:39 PM
I think he retires a Thunder for life.

Vampirate
01-29-2016, 08:48 PM
KD is never going to have a teammate better and as young as Westbrook imo.

On the other hand, Clevelands championship window relies on Lebron and he's on the wrong side of 30 so maybe KD wants the easier route.

Another thing is how good is SA going to be when Manu and Duncan eventuallly retire? Will they be this good still? Contenders I still buy cause it's SA but i'm not sure if they'll be this good.

Vinylman
01-30-2016, 12:58 PM
you have to look at it like Durant... if he signs a 5 year deal and Westie and Ibaka leave the next summer he is basically ****ed... can't see FA's flocking to OKC even with Durant

If I am him i sign the Lebron deal ... 2 years with an opt out after 1 so he doesn't get screwed if the other guys leave and he can maximize off the cap increase in 2017

j-bay
01-30-2016, 01:23 PM
If im Washington though I start tanking now. Get into at least the 5-6 spot and grab one of the top PFs.

dalton749
01-30-2016, 02:56 PM
Toronto will have an interesting case to make to him with how they're playing, and conviently missing their sf. If he wants to go east, it's Toronto.

FYL_McVeezy
01-30-2016, 04:05 PM
If he signs a 1yr deal its to stay in OKC and become a FA with Westbrook...

Makes zero sense to sign a 1yr deal on a new team

Vampirate
01-30-2016, 04:08 PM
If im Washington though I start tanking now. Get into at least the 5-6 spot and grab one of the top PFs.

They are just not bad enough to go the tanking route.

Certainly going forwards in the East, Wall is the best bet for the PG to be partnered with because of age.

There big men in center though are aging right now and their PF position isn't better.

In terms of winning of what they can offer KD, the Wizards are basically Wall right now, maybe Beal a little.

Also, what happened to their defense?

PAOboston
01-30-2016, 05:05 PM
The Celtics. Good ownership, great coach, and a solid core already in place that he could elevate to contender status in the East. The C's have enough assets and cap space to continue to build on what they already have going for them.

Vampirate
01-30-2016, 05:08 PM
I think he retires a Thunder for life.

I ultimately agree with this.

slashsnake
01-30-2016, 08:39 PM
I ultimately agree with this.

I don't know... I'd put 50/50 or better that he moves on if they are a 2nd round bounce from the post-season (Don't get by SA or OKC).

They've changed coaches, they've changed players and if they are out in the 2nd in a really really healthy year (thus far), 4 years after their finals team would you say they improved or declined as a team? Is Andre Robers and Dion off the bench better than 3 and D Thabo and Harden? Does he like Westbrook in his role which honestly is pushing him out of the MVP race, and into the 2 headed team one? Would he rather be the key piece on a more talented overall team than that?

Those are the questions Durant will have to ask because I don't think he signs anywhere he doesn't intend to stay.

To me the "oh he's an OKC guy now" means nothing, had the team not moved, you'd hear "he's a seattle guy now".

I am not sure I see a better situation for him, but the grass does always look greener on the other side.

j-bay
01-30-2016, 10:57 PM
They are just not bad enough to go the tanking route.

Certainly going forwards in the East, Wall is the best bet for the PG to be partnered with because of age.

There big men in center though are aging right now and their PF position isn't better.

In terms of winning of what they can offer KD, the Wizards are basically Wall right now, maybe Beal a little.

Also, what happened to their defense?

Look i dont think he will leave OKC. Washington has homefield, Wall and Beal. Now you can make a case saying oh there are better teams. Look i think Porter or Oubre, who Durant really likes, could be good bench guys. Keep Gortat get rid of Nene. Try and lose and get in a spot where you can get at least one of the best 3 PFs in the draft. Like i said i think he stays in OKC, but if he decides to leave i like some of the factors for the Wizards if they play their cards right.

IKnowHoops
01-31-2016, 01:59 AM
I think he will go to the place that gives him the best chance to win...wherever that may be. If he can play with GS, I think he goes, unless he can somehow play with Bron. We are talking about one year and I think he would take the opportunity to play with Lebron for a year if it arose.

j-bay
01-31-2016, 08:14 PM
I think he will go to the place that gives him the best chance to win...wherever that may be. If he can play with GS, I think he goes, unless he can somehow play with Bron. We are talking about one year and I think he would take the opportunity to play with Lebron for a year if it arose.

I think GS could be in there if they are willing to lose some guys. Maybe the Raptors, but they need to avoid laying an egg in the first round.

basketballkitty
01-31-2016, 08:35 PM
I don't know where he will sign. But he would be stupid to sign only a 1 year deal, and try to hit free agency again in 2017. The " Jones fracture " that Durant suffered is 10 times worse then the Navicular fracture that Joel Embiid suffered. And chances of having continuing issues with it are very high. It could even end his career in 2 to 3 years if he suffers another one. He has to take the money now, after this season.