PDA

View Full Version : Lue to Coach the EAST (outrage)

Kyben36
01-27-2016, 11:54 PM
Any else think its rediculous to give a coach, who has literally coached all of 3 games, the east coaching gig, i know the game is a joke, but its still kinda an honor

still1ballin
01-27-2016, 11:56 PM
:clap:

grkmaster
01-28-2016, 12:02 AM
So popovich gets west Cuz Kerr hasn't coached much and the East gets lue in like the same amount of games? Wtf

tredigs
01-28-2016, 12:12 AM
So popovich gets west Cuz Kerr hasn't coached much and the East gets lue in like the same amount of games? Wtf

No, Pop in the West because Kerr has coached. Walton would've been the coach, but technically can't as an assistant again now. And you can't coach 2 years in a row (Kerr coached last year). The Lue situation is dumb, but nothing they can really do about it.

LanceUpperCut
01-28-2016, 12:19 AM
Don't really give a crap but Casey has the 2nd best record and the game is in Toronto, seemed like a good fit.

ewing
01-28-2016, 12:22 AM
well deserved

Shammyguy3
01-28-2016, 12:24 AM
why does it matter? it's an exhibition game that fans vote on to see certain players play, in the middle of an 82-game season, where the players don't actually play anything that looks like how basketball is supposed to be played for the entirety of the game.

grkmaster
01-28-2016, 12:28 AM
No, Pop in the West because Kerr has coached. Walton would've been the coach, but technically can't as an assistant again now. And you can't coach 2 years in a row (Kerr coached last year). The Lue situation is dumb, but nothing they can really do about it.
Didn't even know that all star rule.. Thanks for clarifying that for me.. Still lue shouldn't coach.. Dwayne Casey should..

NYKnickFanatic
01-28-2016, 01:29 AM

I think it's silly you can't coach consecutive years. If you earned it, you should be able to coach.

NYKnickFanatic
01-28-2016, 01:32 AM
If I was Lue, I would probably decline and let Casey coach. Would be cool for Casey, being that the game is in Toronto.

Aust
01-28-2016, 02:09 AM
I don't like it either. Maybe they should add in a role for unique situations like that (Coached Minimum ___ games)

LOb0
01-28-2016, 02:12 AM
Lmao really NBA? Tyronn Lue who's coached how many games?

I don't understand that Kerr rule thing, the NBA makes the F*cking rules. They've bent them before for this kind of thing, why not now?

ManningToTyree
01-28-2016, 02:32 AM
Wow they managed to do the wrong thing in both leagues lol.

Should be Walton and Casey. Assuming Blatt wouldn't be interested in coaching bronbron and company.

prodigy
01-28-2016, 03:49 AM
why does it matter? it's an exhibition game that fans vote on to see certain players play, in the middle of an 82-game season, where the players don't actually play anything that looks like how basketball is supposed to be played for the entirety of the game.

this.

Whos the best team in East? Cavs. whos coach of the Cavs? Lue

Like it or not that's the rules. Plus Cavs would be best team in east If I was coaching them. don't really even matter.

prodigy
01-28-2016, 03:51 AM
If I was Lue, I would probably decline and let Casey coach. Would be cool for Casey, being that the game is in Toronto.

No idea who casey is. Rather have someone interesting coaching. Not like ima watch anyways lol.

NYKalltheway
01-28-2016, 05:11 AM

There was a time when the all star game was beautiful and worth wasting a day's sleep on.
I can't remember when the last time I felt that was.

Gander13SM
01-28-2016, 05:33 AM
No idea who casey is. Rather have someone interesting coaching. Not like ima watch anyways lol.

You don't know who Casey is? Are you trolling?

Anyway. It should have been Casey purely because Cleveland stupidly fired their H.C and the replacement hasn't done anything really so he hasn't earned it. At least Toronto are having a good season and Casey coaching when it's in Toronto just seems way too logical.

Not really a big deal though. It's only an exhibition game.

If they wanted the Cavs coach to be coaching the asg they got the wrong guy. His name is LBJ. But considering he's also the GM, he might not have time.

More-Than-Most
01-28-2016, 07:32 AM
He is already a better coach than blatt :shrug:

I love it really... When the cavs had blatt everyone said how trash he was and how the cavs would be better off and now that they did just that its OUTRAGE YADA YADA YADA

BHF
01-28-2016, 07:35 AM

You dont know who Casey is yet you are posting in a nba basketball forum lol

NYKalltheway
01-28-2016, 07:37 AM
Why are you guys surprised? The coaches don't really matter in this league. Unless their name is Popovich.

JasonJohnHorn
01-28-2016, 09:04 AM
Seems to be is should be Casey and Walton coaching the teams.

I'd be surprised is Pop didn't make some kind of offer to Walton (though the league may not allow it). He doesn't seem interested in ASGs and he has been heaping praise on Walton.

IndyRealist
01-28-2016, 09:15 AM
Seems to be is should be Casey and Walton coaching the teams.

I'd be surprised is Pop didn't make some kind of offer to Walton (though the league may not allow it). He doesn't seem interested in ASGs and he has been heaping praise on Walton.

Who knows, Walton may pop in as a special-interim-associate-co-head-coach. Seems like a Pop thinv to do.

mjt20mik
01-28-2016, 10:14 AM
All yall are tripping if you think Lue wasn't coaching the Cavs this whole time lol

DetroitBadBoy
01-28-2016, 10:23 AM

It matters to some coaches who have yet to gain the image of success that others already poses. If Lue can coach this game, so should Luke Walton. Bunch of horse ****. I agree with others, Dwanye Casey should have been the guy. It's hosted in Toronto.

DetroitBadBoy
01-28-2016, 10:28 AM
Why are you guys surprised? The coaches don't really matter in this league. Unless their name is Popovich.

Our coach has actually mattered a whole lot. I think SVG could even have had some consideration for the ASG coaching spot. He has completely changed the culture here.

Shammyguy3
01-28-2016, 11:07 AM
It matters to some coaches who have yet to gain the image of success that others already poses. If Lue can coach this game, so should Luke Walton. Bunch of horse ****. I agree with others, Dwanye Casey should have been the guy. It's hosted in Toronto.

Coaching an All-Star game is not about an image of success. If coaches want that image, they should be coaching in the playoffs, the Finals, win a ring, develop players, etc.

Casey would've been fine with me - but in the end, it doesn't matter whatsoever.

mudvayne387
01-28-2016, 11:23 AM
The NBA should of stepped in and said sorry Lue but your winning % of .67 as head coach is tied with Casey's at .67%. Tie goes to the coach with more overall wins.

Scoots
01-28-2016, 11:40 AM
If Walton coached this ASG he wouldn't be allowed to next year when the Lakers have the best record at the break :D

Vinylman
01-28-2016, 11:51 AM

asking for class out of Lue... don't hold your breath.

KnicksorBust
01-28-2016, 12:43 PM
I find it hard to get outraged about this but I do think Casey deserves the spot. I agree with the person that said Lue should step aside.

KnicksorBust
01-28-2016, 12:46 PM
Our coach has actually mattered a whole lot. I think SVG could even have had some consideration for the ASG coaching spot. He has completely changed the culture here.

Yeah there are definitely coaches out there that matter.

Pop
Thibs
Budenholzer
Carlise
SVG
Kerr
Stevens

And that's without putting much thought into it.

pebloemer
01-28-2016, 01:39 PM
There was a time when the all star game was beautiful and worth wasting a day's sleep on.
I can't remember when the last time I felt that was.

I agree. I'm not sure whether that is because my interests have changed, my access to sports have changed, or if there is something different about the events now. I'd be happy if all the major professional leagues just did away with them entirely.

mngopher35
01-28-2016, 02:28 PM

Pop
Thibs
Budenholzer
Carlise
SVG
Kerr
Stevens

San Mitchell matters in a big way too, just in the opposite way as those above...

NYKalltheway
01-28-2016, 05:57 PM

Pop
Thibs
Budenholzer
Carlise
SVG
Kerr
Stevens

I'm not gonna argue your list, but don't you find it pathetic that you're "gloating" (figuratively) as if there's quite a lot when there are 30 NBA teams and you barely mentioned 7 head coaches? Doesn't that make you realize that the level of coaching or even their necessity to some teams is pretty much nonexistent?

7 out of 30 translates to a Fail, to 23% and many other negative stuff.

And isn't Thibs unemployed? That sort of makes it 6 out of 30 NBA teams. That means 20% of the NBA teams have coaches that matter. In other leagues, you have 100% coaches that matter. It used to be the same in the NBA until the 90s.

tredigs
01-28-2016, 06:40 PM
I'm not gonna argue your list, but don't you find it pathetic that you're "gloating" (figuratively) as if there's quite a lot when there are 30 NBA teams and you barely mentioned 7 head coaches? Doesn't that make you realize that the level of coaching or even their necessity to some teams is pretty much nonexistent?

And isn't Thibs unemployed? That sort of makes it 6 out of 30 NBA teams. That means 20% of the NBA teams have coaches that matter. In other leagues, you have 100% coaches that matter. It used to be the same in the NBA until the 90s.

You're doing a lot of presuming despite being behind a screen and the most you likely know about 95% of the leagues coaches is what you watch from them in the 5% of their teams games you catch each season. I'm not sure what makes you think coaching is less advanced and inclusive now than it has ever been.

KnicksorBust
01-28-2016, 07:31 PM

Pop
Thibs
Budenholzer
Carlise
SVG
Kerr
Stevens

Yes I find my own post pathetic. :laugh: what are you talking about? You said Pop is the only coach that really matters. I rattled off 7 names. That is 7x as many coaches as you believe. That is a massive difference.

NYKalltheway
01-28-2016, 08:03 PM
Yes I find my own post pathetic. :laugh: what are you talking about? You said Pop is the only coach that really matters. I rattled off 7 names. That is 7x as many coaches as you believe. That is a massive difference.

I don't see what's funny. I said that only one coach really matters and he's the only one with consistent results.
You mentioned a coach that's unemployed (I hope we see him on the Knicks bench though) and 5 other guys. There are still 24 NBA coaches. Do they matter or no?

LanceUpperCut
01-28-2016, 08:39 PM
I agree. I'm not sure whether that is because my interests have changed, my access to sports have changed, or if there is something different about the events now. I'd be happy if all the major professional leagues just did away with them entirely.

I still love the MLB all-star game and the NBA game is alright but I still enjoy the 3pt and dunk contest even if they are becoming redundant. The NFL and NHL games are just horrible.

Ariza's Better
01-28-2016, 08:50 PM
Who cares, the least important person at an all star game is the coach.

MavsUCCB
01-28-2016, 10:16 PM
Tyronn Lue being the head coach of the Eastern conference all stars is a fitting representation of the Eastern conference.

prodigy
02-01-2016, 05:49 AM
You dont know who Casey is yet you are posting in a nba basketball forum lol

No idea who he is. Am I suppose to know who Raptors head coach is? I mean I have a lot going on in my life and keeping up with my Cavs is hard enough. let alone learning every teams head coach... I'm sure he's great.

Lue has turned Love back into an all-star. Gotta give the man credit for that.

prodigy
02-01-2016, 05:52 AM

Pop
Thibs
Budenholzer
Carlise
SVG
Kerr
Stevens

Having good coaching is nice. But gotta have the Players too. I could coach the Warriors to the NBA finals. could kerr coach the sixers to the finals? nope sir

KnicksorBust
02-04-2016, 12:48 PM
I don't see what's funny. I said that only one coach really matters and he's the only one with consistent results.
You mentioned a coach that's unemployed (I hope we see him on the Knicks bench though) and 5 other guys. There are still 24 NBA coaches. Do they matter or no?

Really you're just moving the goal posts now. I will make it real simple. If you had said "The majority of coaches in the NBA are interchangeable. Talent of the roster is most important." I wouldn't have even quoted you. Instead you made a blanket statement about how Pop is the only coach that really matters. If you think there is only 1 of something and I provide a list of 7-8 examples that prove you are wrong... that is significant. That's 700% increase. If you want to talk in terms of the scope of the league then that is how you should have phrased it.

Having good coaching is nice. But gotta have the Players too. I could coach the Warriors to the NBA finals. could kerr coach the sixers to the finals? nope sir

I don't know if that is true. Possibly but only because they already have a system in place from a previous coach. Look, I completely agree that talent trumps all. There is no disputing that. But in the modern analytic age where the majority of teams track everything and can produce in depth scouting reports I find it less likely that coaches are completely useless. This is not the day where coaches had a rolled up playbook and yelled to play harder. The preparation before games is completely different. I don't believe there is a chance in America that you could prepare the Warriors to play the Spurs as well as Steve Kerr and his coaching staff. That is the difference.

NYKalltheway
02-04-2016, 01:17 PM
Really you're just moving the goal posts now. I will make it real simple. If you had said "The majority of coaches in the NBA are interchangeable. Talent of the roster is most important." I wouldn't have even quoted you. Instead you made a blanket statement about how Pop is the only coach that really matters. If you think there is only 1 of something and I provide a list of 7-8 examples that prove you are wrong... that is significant. That's 700% increase. If you want to talk in terms of the scope of the league then that is how you should have phrased it.

There are 30 teams. I'm talking in general. Of course I'm talking on the scope of the league. Is it 1, 2 or 5? It's still very low. It's the NBA, each coach has like 10 assistants. Most are inadequate or at least their work doesn't show on the court, to be more fair to these guys. For me, that's unacceptable. The team I work for pays the coach and his assistants around 1/4 of the whole team's budget. He's what matters on the team the most. And everyone listens to him. We released a former MVP (didn't win that year) because the coach said he didn't help the team (he was the #1 in 4 categories in the league) and then we won 2 championships in a row. That's how you build basketball teams. The NBA is effectively following a street ball system, where anarchy is the leader. And there are some exceptions like Popovich. Is that better phrasing?

Scoots
02-05-2016, 12:55 PM
Who cares, the least important person at an all star game is the coach.

I think the coaches should be a 13th player/coach and it should be a person at the end of their career who makes it as a "legend".

Kobe/Duncan/Dirk/Garnett/Pierce/Carter could player/coach the west.

The East is more difficult as the oldest/best "legend" still playing is Wade followed by Bosh and Anthony. It seems the old "great" players have moved west.