PDA

View Full Version : What would you give for C.J. McCollum?

mrblisterdundee
01-27-2016, 06:29 PM
My favorite team, the Trailblazers, have an intriguing, high-scoring but defensively underwhelming back court in Damian Lillard and C.J. McCollum. They score a lot on a fairly thin, offensively limited team, but they don't seem like the best fit to me.
Portland's probably too emotionally and financially invested in Lillard to explore trading him, even if the price is right, but McCollum seems like Portland's best chance to upgrade our weak front court.
Who would you trade for McCollum? Create trade packages, including picks and role players.
Personally, I would like Portland to offer up a package based around McCollum and Meyers Leonard for Derrick Favors. Utah seems short on shooters and talented guards. I think Leonard would spread the floor nicely next to Gobert, while McCollum could help score and run the offense, taking some pressure off of Gordon Hayward. I also think McCollum could be deployed well guarding the other team's point guard.
Portland has at least a couple starting-calibre shooting guards and a bunch of tweeners in the front court. Favors would be the clear second option and primary front court player, while adding some much-needed defense.
I think the move helps both teams in areas where they're weakest.

STRIKERC
01-27-2016, 07:00 PM
You guys need Nerlens Noel.

Aleksandar
01-27-2016, 07:12 PM

I like the idea, if Portland really wants to trade McCollum. If I'm Philadelphia, I would rather trade Okafor though. Probably has more value than Noel, and (imho) isn't a good building block for a franchise.

mrblisterdundee
01-27-2016, 07:16 PM

He's intriguing and could be a working man's Serge Ibaka. But if I were Portland's GM, I'd want another player with him maybe T.J. McConnell or Kendall Marshall, because Portland doesn't really have a decent back-up point guard besides McCollum. I'd also want a first round pick.

Alayla
01-27-2016, 10:04 PM
He's intriguing and could be a working man's Serge Ibaka. But if I were Portland's GM, I'd want another player with him maybe .T.J McConnell or Kendall Marshall, because Portland doesn't really have a decent back-up point guard besides McCollum. I'd also want a first round pick.

That's nice and all but coming back down to earth
Trading Noel and maybe say T.J is more than fair beyond that your talking about a star haul you have to remember when trading a small to get a big you typically have to overpay.

On a side note Sixers fans and im sure the organization as well are alot less comfortable with the idea of trading Noel than the perception might lead you to believe to begin with mostly because there is no urgency to do so and Hinkie has never been the type to make a move without maximizing value i think one of Noel or Okafor will be used as a key piece in a deal to get a legitimate star.

LanceUpperCut
01-27-2016, 11:28 PM
C.J. Needs more then a half season of good scoring on a crap team to get the haul your looking for. Portland should be happy with a straight up deal for Noel.

valade16
01-27-2016, 11:35 PM
C.J. Needs more then a half season of good scoring on a crap team to get the haul your looking for. Portland should be happy with a straight up deal for Noel.

Crap team? They are currently the 8th seed.

The Blazers may not be good, but they certainly aren't crap.

mngopher35
01-27-2016, 11:40 PM
Ya I think going for Noel is a move that makes sense (for both teams).

5ass
01-27-2016, 11:48 PM

I agree. They're doing fine.

But I agree with his point about Noel being enough. More than enough IMO.

LanceUpperCut
01-27-2016, 11:58 PM

Ok there not a crap team but they are 5 games under .500 not a the record of a good team.

Redrum187
01-28-2016, 04:40 AM

An 8th seed 5 games below .500. I'd say a .500 team is okay (not crap or awesome), below .500 is kind of a crap team. For the players on their roster, they are doing good though.

Gander13SM
01-28-2016, 05:55 AM
Lillard/McCollum is the next Curry/Ellis. Fun offense. Lackluster defense. McCollum although not as short as Ellis is still a little undersized for the 2.

It won't work. I mean they can be a low seeded playoff team for a few years but they'll be lucky to get past the first round.

valade16
01-28-2016, 08:17 AM
I agree. They're doing fine.

But I agree with his point about Noel being enough. More than enough IMO.

Yeah I don't think McCollum lands Noel either. At least not yet.

celticsman2009
01-28-2016, 10:12 AM
I mentioned this in the Celtics thread a month or so ago, but I'd consider an Avery Bradley for McCollum swap.

valade16
01-28-2016, 10:32 AM
I mentioned this in the Celtics thread a month or so ago, but I'd consider an Avery Bradley for McCollum swap.

That trade seems to improve the fit for the Blazers by giving us a good defensive guard next to Lillard. As a Blazer fan I don't think it's a bad trade, I'm just not excited about it.

How would this help the Celtics? IT and McCollum couldn't really be in the game together all that often.

STRIKERC
01-28-2016, 10:51 AM
If, and that's a big if, Sixers land Simmons in the draft, McCollum could be a nice fit as a combo guard. Simmons plays point forward, McCollum plays point but really a combo guard. Sign a 3 and D guy to play the 2 guard spot and Embiid, Okafor can split front court duty.
Positionless basketball at it's finest.

So yeah, Philly could be the perfect trade partner post lottery or draft.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-28-2016, 12:11 PM
As for my Bucks. No need for CJ when we got Middleton locked in dirt cheap 5 more years after this and 3 and D and 6'8".

mrblisterdundee
01-28-2016, 12:30 PM
That trade seems to improve the fit for the Blazers by giving us a good defensive guard next to Lillard. As a Blazer fan I don't think it's a bad trade, I'm just not excited about it.

How would this help the Celtics? IT and McCollum couldn't really be in the game together all that often.

Yeah; Thomas and McCollum would be an even worse fit than Lillard and McCollum. I'd rather trade McCollum and some of our tweeners for a better big, from a team in need of guards, which Boston is not. That's why I like offering Utah a package for Derrick Favors, although it might take a few players to make that work.

KnicksorBust
01-28-2016, 12:34 PM
Faried, Brook Lopez

celticsman2009
01-28-2016, 01:42 PM
Yeah; Thomas and McCollum would be an even worse fit than Lillard and McCollum. I'd rather trade McCollum and some of our tweeners for a better big, from a team in need of guards, which Boston is not. That's why I like offering Utah a package for Derrick Favors, although it might take a few players to make that work.

I would either trade IT, or revert him back to the 6th man role. CJ is younger, bigger and has the potential to be the better scorer.

Gibby23
01-28-2016, 01:49 PM
Randle and Clarkson or Nance JR and Clarkson.