PDA

View Full Version : Jeff Teague on the market

Stunner
01-27-2016, 12:42 PM
Knicks have spoken to the Hawks about a trade that would land them Jeff Teague. (h/t @IanBegley)
10:25am - 27 Jan 16

The Hawks are reportedly open to trading away Jeff Teague or Dennis Schroder.
While Atlanta has reportedly been listening to offers for both Teague and Schroder, recent talks have focused more on Teague. So far, Milwaukee, New York and Utah have surfaced as potential suitors, and it'll be very interesting to see how this situation plays out. The Jazz would reportedly include Trey Burk and Alec Burks to land Teague, and with Teague underperforming with the Hawks this season, a move away from Atlanta isn't necessarily a bad thing for his fantasy value.

DanG
01-27-2016, 12:50 PM
Would be a nice pickup for the Knicks if they can keep their main players.

Teague-Afflalo-Melo-KP-Lopez

Not bad at all.

IndyRealist
01-27-2016, 12:54 PM
Would be a nice pickup for the Knicks if they can keep their main players.

Teague-Afflalo-Melo-KP-Lopez

Not bad at all.

If Utah's offering Burks and Burk, you're probably giving up a starter.

nycericanguy
01-27-2016, 12:58 PM
If Utah's offering Burks and Burk, you're probably giving up a starter.

Burcs hasnt really played in 2 years and he's owed over $40m over the next 4 years... not sure he really has any positive trade value. He wasn't exactly good when he did play.

Trey Burke is an interesting prospect, dont think UTAH thinks very highly of him though, they've been looking for another PG for over 2 years.

Knicks could offer Grant, O'Quinn or JC and a future 1st.

KnicksorBust
01-27-2016, 01:00 PM
The second I saw the thread my first thought was "Wow I'd like to get Jeff Teague" :laugh: Solid PG play is a huge weakness for the Knicks. I really don't see what we have to offer though tbh. Porzingis and 1st rounders should be off the table and other than that not sure why ATL is shopping him in the first place.

Stunner
01-27-2016, 01:03 PM
Burcs hasnt really played in 2 years and he's owed over $40m over the next 4 years... not sure he really has any positive trade value. He wasn't exactly good when he did play.

Trey Burke is an interesting prospect, dont think UTAH thinks very highly of him though, they've been looking for another PG for over 2 years.

Knicks could offer Grant, O'Quinn or JC and a future 1st.

Burks >Burke

Even with Burks injuries I still like his upside more , starting to think Utah training staff is just really crappy cuz everyone gets hurt over there

Career wise he's a 43% FG shooter and been shooting 38% from the 3 the last two seasons when playing . Bad luck of injuries but yea his upside is there if he can pull his body together . 6'6 SG/PG whose 24 is exactly what ATL needs

Also lets not forget Burke was knocked out the starting lineup by Exum . I like Burke as a backup but yea he's not going to be your Franchise PG anymore . If ATL did that deal Burke is backing up Dennis .

nycericanguy
01-27-2016, 01:07 PM
Burks >Burke

Even with Burks injuries I still like his upside more , starting to think Utah training staff is just really crappy cuz everyone gets hurt over there

Also lets not forget Burke was knocked out the starting lineup by Exum . I like Burke as a backup but yea he's not going to be your Franchise PG anymore . If ATL did that deal Burke is backing up Dennis .

for sure, I mean on the surface Utah's offer looks good... but Burke is also due for a new contract when Shroeder is. And i think part of ATL's reasoning for trading Teague is not wanting to pay big money to TWO PG's.

So they'll pay Dennis next year, and a dirt cheap backup like Jerian Grant who is young and under control for 4 more years, might make more sense than UTAH's package.

LanceUpperCut
01-27-2016, 01:14 PM
Why in the world would ATL be looking to move Teague? If they do that they might as well make Horford available to and start a rebuild.

Stunner
01-27-2016, 01:15 PM
for sure, I mean on the surface Utah's offer looks good... but Burke is also due for a new contract when Shroeder is. And i think part of ATL's reasoning for trading Teague is not wanting to pay big money to TWO PG's.

So they'll pay Dennis next year, and a dirt cheap backup like Jerian Grant who is young and under control for 4 more years, might make more sense than UTAH's package.

Well Burke isn't getting huge money regardless , not to the level Teague would get . He hasn't earned it plain and simple . Teague has an all star nod under his belt so that reason alone he can ask for more money .

Plus the mentioning of this money is all null , the cap is going to jump big time by the time their contracts up and Burke isn't the real get in this deal it's Burks .

Hawks can still get them a PG via draft or free agency if Burke tries to ask for more than he's worth . It's not as big of a deal as you're making . Burks is the best player in any package involving Uta and NY ATL is getting for Teague

nycericanguy
01-27-2016, 01:20 PM
Well Burke isn't getting huge money regardless , not to the level Teague would get . He hasn't earned it plain and simple . Teague has an all star nod under his belt so that reason alone he can ask for more money .

Plus the mentioning of this money is all null , the cap is going to jump big time by the time their contracts up and Burke isn't the real get in this deal it's Burks .

Hawks can still get them a PG via draft or free agency if Burke tries to ask for more than he's worth . It's not as big of a deal as you're making . Burks is the best player in any package involving Uta and NY ATL is getting for Teague

Any young FA with potential will get 12-15m if not more thrown their way these days.

It's not a matter of CAN ATL pay, its do they WANT to?

they have a lot of guys coming up for new contracts this summer and next, Hortford, Bazemore, Dennis, Korver... to name a few. So paying two PG's big money doesn't make all that much sense.

they arent going to give all those guys new market deals... so they probably want a young cheap replacement.

aman_13
01-27-2016, 01:20 PM
Teague would be a nice fit for the Knicks. They really need backcourt help. If the Knicks had Teague right now, they would definitely be a playoff team.

They might make the playoffs anyway.

xxplayerxx23
01-27-2016, 01:31 PM
Why in the world would ATL be looking to move Teague? If they do that they might as well make Horford available to and start a rebuild.

Schroeder wants to start, hes really solid and Atlanta is high on him. They can't pay both

Stunner
01-27-2016, 01:35 PM
Any young FA with potential will get 12-15m if not more thrown their way these days.

It's not a matter of CAN ATL pay, its do they WANT to?

they have a lot of guys coming up for new contracts this summer and next, Hortford, Bazemore, Dennis, Korver... to name a few. So paying two PG's big money doesn't make all that much sense.

they arent going to give all those guys new market deals... so they probably want a young cheap replacement.

If you think Burke is getting 12-15 million more power to you but like I said the salary cap is jumping big time in two years and you're just assuming they won't find a cheaper option at PG .

The trade isn't to get Burke its to get BURKS . You're comparing a raw pg like Grant and a future pick to getting a probably ok back up pg to Burke and a young combo guard is is already locked up on what's going to be a great deal in a market where players will be breaking the bank .

beasted86
01-27-2016, 01:41 PM
Surprised people still don't follow a lot of common sense when it comes to these rumors.

Jeff Teague in a 'down year' is averaging 14/5 41% FG, and 38% 3PT, and only makes $8M for this year and next.

Please tell me how the Knicks, Jazz or Bucks can match that type of value per dollar... and reconsider this is Teague in a DOWN year. GTFOH with these garbage backups on the Knicks, Bucks, and Jazz that people will want to mention for a guy who played in the All-star game last year.

Alec Burks is probably the most intriguing player mentioned so far, but he's not worth Teague if you are pairing him with Trey Burke in an offer. Maybe Burks and Hood, or Burks and 2 first round picks with no more than top 8 protection.

nycericanguy
01-27-2016, 01:46 PM
If you think Burke is getting 12-15 million more power to you but like I said the salary cap is jumping big time in two years and you're just assuming they won't find a cheaper option at PG .

The trade isn't to get Burke its to get BURKS . You're comparing a raw pg like Grant and a future pick to getting a probably ok back up pg to Burke and a young combo guard is is already locked up on what's going to be a great deal in a market where players will be breaking the bank .

Burks hasn't really played in two years and is due over $40m... how does that help them with their salary situations? is he even coming back this year?

and why would they trade for Burke only to have to find a cheaper PG again next year?

Stunner
01-27-2016, 01:47 PM
Yea that sounds nice but yea at best ATL could maybe get Burks and Lyles but even with that I might say no lol Teague has always been a tad overrated . I mean he's a real solid PG but his defense is maybe ok at best and his 3 ball been so so over his career .

He's been very ehh in the playoffs too

xxplayerxx23
01-27-2016, 01:52 PM
Surprised people still don't follow a lot of common sense when it comes to these rumors.

Jeff Teague in a 'down year' is averaging 14/5 41% FG, and 38% 3PT, and only makes $8M for this year and next.

Please tell me how the Knicks, Jazz or Bucks can match that type of value per dollar... and reconsider this is Teague in a DOWN year. GTFOH with these garbage backups on the Knicks, Bucks, and Jazz that people will want to mention for a guy who played in the All-star game last year.

Alec Burks is probably the most intriguing player mentioned so far, but he's not worth Teague if you are pairing him with Trey Burke in an offer. Maybe Burks and Hood, or Burks and 2 first round picks with no more than top 8 protection.

Schroeder is viewed highly. He will get a lot of money

beasted86
01-27-2016, 01:53 PM
Burks hasn't really played in two years and is due over $40m... how does that help them with their salary situations? is he even coming back this year?

and why would they trade for Burke only to have to find a cheaper PG again next year?

Why do you keep repeating that when Burks played 28 games this season?

Stunner
01-27-2016, 01:54 PM

Oh my god bro lol stop trying to find a case for whatever you think good the Knicks have to offer which isn't much of anything unless you're giving up Porz which you aren't .

You need to think more , if ATL is choosing to move forward with Dennis as their starter does it make sense to keep Teague and pay him money or does it make sense to pay a 24 year old SG ? Hmmmmmmmm.

It's not about how much money it's about the post you're wasting to pay that money to .

Likes it's been stated Burks had some bad luck injuries wise but he's still a good get in this market at that price. Bradley beal who been just as injury prone going to get at least 30 million more than him prob lol

Money wise the Hawks will be alright , Alec Burks contract won't harm then to the degree you think .

nycericanguy
01-27-2016, 01:56 PM
Why do you keep repeating that when Burks played 28 games this season?

i didnt say hasnt' played a game, said he hasnt really played... as in barely... misses most of last season and missing most of this season too.

beasted86
01-27-2016, 01:57 PM
Schroeder is viewed highly. He will get a lot of money

What does that have to do with having Teague locked up for another season at $8M with the cap rising to $107M+ by the time they have to resign him?

Teague isn't an expiring contract that they need to dump ASAP for backups or injured backups. They have a lot of time to play this out.

beasted86
01-27-2016, 02:01 PM
i didnt say hasnt' played a game, said he hasnt really played... as in barely... misses most of last season and missing most of this season too.

16 out of 44 games is not missing most of this season. They say he'll be back at the All-star break, and further, when he did come back from the injury from last season, his production picked back up where it left off pretty much.

You know what you're getting with him pretty much. A 14-16 PPG player who is decent and locked into a reasonable contract (considering scrubs like Shumpert make more). Please stop making it seem like he's a poor value in comparison to bums like Grant and other Knicks backup scrubs you would offer.

nycericanguy
01-27-2016, 02:03 PM
16 out of 44 games is not missing most of this season. They say he'll be back at the All-star break, and further, when he did come back from the injury from last season, his production picked back up where it left off pretty much.

You know what you're getting with him pretty much. A 14-16 PPG player who is decent and locked into a reasonable contract (considering scrubs like Shumpert make more). Please stop making it seem like he's a poor value in comparison to bums like Grant and other Knicks backup scrubs you would offer.

u sound so mad tho? why?

mudvayne387
01-27-2016, 02:05 PM
I would love for the Knicks to get Teague but realistically there is not one scenario where I can see that happening.

Grant + O'Quinn + Thomas + (2) seconds for Teague + Selfolosha won't be enough

Other than that, the Knicks aren't trading their firsts and obviously Zinger is off limits.

beasted86
01-27-2016, 02:07 PM
u sound so mad tho? why?

Because I continue to be dumbfounded that Knicks fans think a scrub averaging 4.8 PPG on 35% shooting is worth an all-star. And you REALLY believe that. Not even a joke offer. You really, really think that. :bang:

mudvayne387
01-27-2016, 02:08 PM
Double Post

Stunner
01-27-2016, 02:08 PM
Yup NY better off waiting till free agency to get Conley because they don't have good chips to trade other than their main core which is off limits unless it's for a big time player . Not the likes of Teague

nycericanguy
01-27-2016, 02:13 PM
Because I continue to be dumbfounded that Knicks fans think a scrub averaging 4.8 PPG on 35% shooting is worth an all-star. And you REALLY believe that. Not even a joke offer. You really, really think that. :bang:

Winslow is averaging 5.7 on 40% despite playing a ton more minutes. Do you think he's a scrub too?

MIA got Dragic for 2 1st's... but Grant and a 1st isn't good enough to get Teague?

again not sure why u so mad tho...lol. but its funny.

beasted86
01-27-2016, 02:13 PM
Yup NY better off waiting till free agency to get Conley because they don't have good chips to trade other than their main core which is off limits unless it's for a big time player . Not the likes of Teague

More realistically, they do have pieces where they could make a run at Brandon Jennings and hope he has a bounce back second half of the season, and go into free agency with his Bird Rights as a backup plan if he played well.

Stunner
01-27-2016, 02:19 PM
More realistically, they do have pieces where they could make a run at Brandon Jennings and hope he has a bounce back second half of the season, and go into free agency with his Bird Rights as a backup plan if he played well.

Yea Jennings is more of a get if they want that playoff push now . Jennings made sense even last year

beasted86
01-27-2016, 02:20 PM
Winslow is averaging 5.7 on 40% despite playing a ton more minutes. Do you think he's a scrub too?

MIA got Dragic for 2 1st's... but Grant and a 1st isn't good enough to get Teague?

First off, Winslow is playing much better than Grant, and even considering that fact... remind me, where did I say Winslow is worth a recent all-star in a trade?

Still waiting.

Jerian Grant = 2 unprotected first round picks? Let's just forget that the Suns also got Brandon Knight in the trade.

Anyhow, I'm still waiting.

Stunner
01-27-2016, 02:20 PM

Winslow should have been a top 5 pick , Grant is the 19th pick in the draft lol

And that's not even mentioning Winslow is 20 in March and Grant will be 24 this year .

And that's not even mentioning Schroder is younger than Grant

nycericanguy
01-27-2016, 02:25 PM
First off, Winslow is playing much better than Grant, and even considering that fact... remind me, where did I say Winslow is worth a recent all-star in a trade?

Still waiting.

Jerian Grant = 2 unprotected first round picks? Let's just forget that the Suns also got Brandon Knight in the trade.

Anyhow, I'm still waiting.

where did i say any of those things... and dude relax, PSD isn't worth high blood pressure.

nycericanguy
01-27-2016, 02:26 PM

And that's not even mentioning Winslow is 20 in March and Grant will be 24 this year .

come on now...lol. SHOULD have? says who? He slipped for many reasons, when the knicks worked him out he was bricking jumpers from everywhere on the court... unguarded in an open gym.

GiantsSwaGG
01-27-2016, 02:26 PM
I rather have Mike Conley

GiantsSwaGG
01-27-2016, 02:29 PM

Winslow was looking like Iman Shumpert 2.0 and this coming from a guy who LOVED Winslow. He still can't shoot and has a long way but the potiential is there.

beasted86
01-27-2016, 02:29 PM

Nor is it mentioning Teague is not an expiring contract, and any team would LOVE to have him locked up at $8M for another season so that they can sort the rest of their roster next summer without having to worry about paying him until the cap rises even further to $108M in 2017.

Stunner
01-27-2016, 02:34 PM
come on now...lol. SHOULD have? says who? He slipped for many reasons, when the knicks worked him out he was bricking jumpers from everywhere on the court... unguarded in an open gym.

He still should have been a top 5-8 pick based on talent alone . He's 19 years old of course he going to need to improve his jump shot but he did show potential in shooting it in college so he does have the ability to do so . He's a rookie he's adjusting and that's super young , now compare that to a 23 year old 4 year college attending raw pg . Who upside is greater ? There is a reason why he went 19th .

Stunner
01-27-2016, 02:36 PM
Winslow was looking like Iman Shumpert 2.0 and this coming from a guy who LOVED Winslow. He still can't shoot and has a long way but the potiential is there.

I think Butler is the better comparison , Winslow shot well in college but he still is raw . Shump had better ball handling and was going to be considered a PG /SG . But he's 19 he will improve

GiantsSwaGG
01-27-2016, 02:40 PM
I think Butler is the better comparison , Winslow shot well in college but he still is raw . Shump had better ball handling and was going to be considered a PG /SG . But he's 19 he will improve

Shumpert couldn't handle the ball to save his life, he got better later on. The reason he went 10th was obvious, why spend a high draft pick on a SG that can't shoot. This is coming from a Winslow fan but I wasn't surprise he slipped. He has potiential but it's scary with him because he can either be a Jimmy Butler or an Iman Shumpert, right now he's a Shumpert but he's young and I do expect him to have a very solid career

Stunner
01-27-2016, 02:52 PM
Shumpert couldn't handle the ball to save his life, he got better later on. The reason he went 10th was obvious, why spend a high draft pick on a SG that can't shoot. This is coming from a Winslow fan but I wasn't surprise he slipped. He has potiential but it's scary with him because he can either be a Jimmy Butler or an Iman Shumpert, right now he's a Shumpert but he's young and I do expect him to have a very solid career

Well Winslow isn't a SG he's a SF and it was always either Johnson or Winslow for some teams I guess . Many thought either one of those two would go to Orlando because of Skiles but they went with Henzo . But yea either way he will get better down the line

xxplayerxx23
01-27-2016, 03:21 PM
Trade a first top 10 protected in a second in a deal for teagueb

xxplayerxx23
01-27-2016, 04:05 PM

Top 5 lol

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
01-27-2016, 04:28 PM
I'd love to have teague in orl

IndyRealist
01-27-2016, 05:16 PM
Why is the report that Teague and Schroeder are both being shopped, but no one is talking about Schroeder?

ManningToTyree
01-27-2016, 05:34 PM
I think I like Schroeders upside better to be honest.

That said would welcome either in NY but don't think the Knicks have the pieces to get a deal done without hurting the team somewhere else.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-28-2016, 11:33 AM
Henson is out with a sore back versus Grizzlies. Curious if legit or possibly held out in potential trade? Henson be insurance if Horford bolts. Not saying he would but who knows. As for not much talk of Schröder in trade is cause he's been up and down and on rookie deal. So be hard for equal value. Most likely another rookie traded for him. So that's probably the reasoning why less discussion of him.

5ass
01-29-2016, 02:36 AM
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=z6ybadq

Magic pay Lawson his money to **** off, will still be able to offer a max contract in the offseason. Lose a lot of much needed shooters, but gain rim protection, and become probably the most athletic team in the league. I think it'll make them better in the long run, but they'll be younger and probably worse in the short run. They could then trade Harris for a shooter if they feel the front court is too congested.

Rockets roll with a Teague-Harden back court, gain two good back up centres and Frye. Get rid of Lawson.

Hawks add a good wing and a solid back up PF. I think Fournier is every bit as good as Schroder right now, and he's only a little bit older. He'd be a great fit on their team because he's a well rounded player. Nicholson can stretch the floor and is a good post player.

5ass
01-29-2016, 02:48 AM
X