PDA

View Full Version : REPORT: Part-Owner Of Miami Heat Claims LeBron James Tried To Have Spoelstra Fired

JJ_JKidd
01-26-2016, 11:34 PM
REPORT: Part-Owner Of Miami Heat Claims LeBron James Tried To Have Erik Spoelstra Fired
Posted By: ClutchPointsPosted date: January 26, 2016In: NBANo Comments
Rumors are still swirling that Cavs superstar LeBron James had head coach David Blatt fired, despite the claims from Cavs management that James had nothing to do with the decision.

A lot of reports are saying that James did indeed push to get Blatt fired, and if that is true, reports are that this isnít LeBronís first run in with management to try and get a coach fired.

According to Bleacher Reportís International Hoops Insider David Pick, LeBron tried to pull a similar stunt with Pat Riley and Miami Heat coach Erik Spoelstra.

http://clutchpoints.com/report-part-owner-of-miami-heat-claims-lebron-james-tried-to-have-erik-spoelstra-fired/

HandsOnTheWheel
01-26-2016, 11:40 PM
Shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone. Guy's a child when it comes to coaching authority.

Stunner
01-26-2016, 11:46 PM
Smh

JJ_JKidd
01-26-2016, 11:48 PM
How dare he take the crown of Coach Killer from JKidd! Blasphemeee!

TheNumber37
01-27-2016, 12:22 AM
Lebron Ego.

"I'm on the team, so why aren't we 72-0?"

Has not won w/o Spo, Riley, Wade and Bosh.

Think he can make winning organizations on his own.
He need to just be GM, team president, player coach

Dade County
01-27-2016, 12:25 AM
Well he might of felt that Spo was a puppet coach.

Or it could be that he is just power hunger.

I say both.

WaDe03
01-27-2016, 12:55 AM
This isn't true. They've all been coming out today saying otherwise. It was just that part owner talking about stuff he has no clue about they said he's not even around the team much and doesn't play any role with the team other than being a part owner.

Bostonjorge
01-27-2016, 12:59 AM
Lebron is a scumbag

JasonJohnHorn
01-27-2016, 01:08 AM
At the end of the day, Blatt wasn't getting the most of his players. Yes, he was on pace for 60 wins, but he was also being outpaced by three teams in the West.

At this level, there are high standards.

Doug Collins got fired after bringing the team to the conference finals. So did Carlisle.

Spo has LBJ looking like a sharp shooter from down town, and was ensuring Bosh and Wade were effective.

Blatt has never gotten the most out of Love, and LBJ now looks like an an awful 3-pt shooter.

Magic pulled this kind of stuff too.

DarkKnight
01-27-2016, 01:16 AM
We all know LBJ is a douche , so why is this even a discussion

Jeffy25
01-27-2016, 01:56 AM
This isn't true. They've all been coming out today saying otherwise. It was just that part owner talking about stuff he has no clue about they said he's not even around the team much and doesn't play any role with the team other than being a part owner.

But that doesn't make as fun of a story where everyone can bash Lebron!

WaDe03
01-27-2016, 02:02 AM
But that doesn't make as fun of a story where everyone can bash Lebron!

That's true lol. Forget everything I said I just made it up

numba1CHANGsta
01-27-2016, 02:39 AM
LeBron is truly a one man team lol

TDE
01-27-2016, 03:03 AM
What a douchebag

More-Than-Most
01-27-2016, 03:56 AM
No way the heat could ever lie... Its not like Bron left them and rolled out :rolleyes:

Anywho its not shocking if true.

Munkeysuit
01-27-2016, 07:02 AM
You stick Lebron James on ANY team in the NBA right now, and that team makes the playoffs, what other player can do that? go ahead I can wait....................NONE! this is the reason why he has so much power and influence, there is absolutely no reason for any GM, Owner or anyone in the higher ranks of an organization NOT to listen to him or even hear what he has to say.
There is way too much criticism and scrutiny on Lebron for wanting to win so desperately, wouldn't anyone want to win that badly? thats all I see him ever do! so he wants to surround himself with the absolute best, is that wrong?
Mike Brown, Erik Spoelstra and now David Blatt...Brown and Spo looked like geniuses with Lebron on their teams and looked very mortal without him, yet we keep scrutinizing James when he loses, imagine James playing for Phil or Pop's?

kdspurman
01-27-2016, 10:26 AM
It's not surprising tbh. There was definite tension at first between them.

RowBTrice
01-27-2016, 10:55 AM
This is very easy to believe. Would not surprise me 1 bit. Honestly, I assumed this years ago.

YAALREADYKNO
01-27-2016, 12:09 PM
Thought Lebron could do no wrong tho?

Tony_Starks
01-27-2016, 12:29 PM
I've seen more of this guys comments and he sounds: A) like someone that is completely out of the loop and B) SUPER salty that Lebron left. Like bitter ex girlfriend flooding the timeline salty.

That being said it was no big secret that Lebron didn't really respect Spo initially, was very passive aggressive about wanting him gone when they had the rocky start, and came to a understanding that in no uncertain terms Riley ran Miami and Spo was HIS guy.

With that understanding and the leadership of D Wade you see the results, 4 straight Finals.

There is no leadership in Cleveland.

When your General manager has to go before a press conference and literally say "Lebron doesn't run this organization".....Lebron runs the organization.

cmellofan15
01-27-2016, 02:10 PM
lol everything reporter by bleacher report is gospel truth, right?

and even if he tried, wouldn't it only prove that LeBron has much less input than we all thought since he couldn't get his coach fired in MIA?

Big Zo
01-27-2016, 02:14 PM
lol everything reporter by bleacher report is gospel truth, right?

and even if he tried, wouldn't it only prove that LeBron has much less input than we all thought since he couldn't get his coach fired in MIA?
It just proves that only Cleveland is willing to bend over for him. Pat Riley and Micky Arison weren't having that ****.

Chronz
01-27-2016, 02:26 PM
It just proves that only Cleveland is willing to bend over for him. Pat Riley and Micky Arison weren't having that ****.
Good on them. Cleveland needs this so bad

Miami has the tradition and the beach, but let's not forget when the team stopped playing for Stan aka "the master of panic" and got their first ring, Shaq wasn't a fan of SVG. Miami has been there, they've done shady ****(if you guys consider a revolt shady, i don't) as have most franchises.

still1ballin
Not surprising. Remember in the first year with the Heat, I believe it was a game against the Mavs and Spo called a timeout as Lebron was walking to the bench he shoulder bumped the coach. Hes a douche man.

Chronz
It's not surprising tbh. There was definite tension at first between them.
Not surprised you buy this crock of ****

mngopher35
01-27-2016, 02:44 PM
I dunno about this report but if it was based on the first year I can definitely see issues with spo. That off season is when he went out searching for ways to improve the offense especially and it helped create the system they ended up using utilizing more ball movement and Lebron off ball/in post more.

Before that though they spent 2011 switching off turns offensively while starting next to bibby/Joel Anthony (I think that's who). Again this report has been kinda discredited but wouldn't be shocked if there were issues with spo after year 1 especially.

DboneG
01-27-2016, 02:54 PM
You stick Lebron James on ANY team in the NBA right now, and that team makes the playoffs, what other player can do that? go ahead I can wait....................NONE! this is the reason why he has so much power and influence, there is absolutely no reason for any GM, Owner or anyone in the higher ranks of an organization NOT to listen to him or even hear what he has to say.
There is way too much criticism and scrutiny on Lebron for wanting to win so desperately, wouldn't anyone want to win that badly? thats all I see him ever do! so he wants to surround himself with the absolute best, is that wrong?
Mike Brown, Erik Spoelstra and now David Blatt...Brown and Spo looked like geniuses with Lebron on their teams and looked very mortal without him, yet we keep scrutinizing James when he loses, imagine James playing for Phil or Pop's?

I second that! Well said. Erik Spoelstra was not a good coach back then, had no business coaching a team like that!

kdspurman
01-27-2016, 02:57 PM

Ha... I said it's not surprising, which it shouldn't be based on their first year together. And based off what just went down. ;)

TheIlladelph16
01-27-2016, 03:05 PM
Yeah this report has been walked back by pretty much everyone, including the guy who said it.

Scoots
01-27-2016, 03:13 PM

The problem with this kind of thing is that we can say "of course he wanted him out" and "of course the owners and GM will deny it, they have to" and we can see that there were good reasons to replace Blatt and it's totally reasonable for LeBron to have seen them too and to voice his displeasure to management and thus Blatt gets canned.

Did LeBron "order" it? Probably not, but the way he works by most accounts, including his time with Miami, is that he uses passive aggressive statement and minions to spread word of his preferences and when he's on a year to year contract and his staying or leaving is the difference between profits and love from the community and losses and hate from the community it means that ownership, management, and coaching are all jumping to fulfill his every whim just in case. No matter how much any of them say otherwise.

We just don't know how much influence was exerted ... we do know how much he has to use though.

lamzoka
01-27-2016, 03:20 PM
I dont believe this.

if lebron wanted Spo fired, he would've been fired.

Tony_Starks
01-27-2016, 03:25 PM
I dont believe this.

if lebron wanted Spo fired, he would've been fired.

No he wouldn't have.

And yeah I don't believe it either...

Big Zo
01-27-2016, 03:32 PM
Good on them. Cleveland needs this so bad

Miami has the tradition and the beach, but let's not forget when the team stopped playing for Stan aka "the master of panic" and got their first ring, Shaq wasn't a fan of SVG. Miami has been there, they've done shady ****(if you guys consider a revolt shady, i don't) as have most franchises.

How exactly did they "stop playing for him"? The '06 Heat struggled throughout the regular season against contending teams. It was also a pretty new team (Walker, Payton, Williams, Posey, etc. first year together), hence the slow start. Don't doubt that Shaq wanted him gone, but I think that was more Riley wanting to coach them.

cmellofan15
01-27-2016, 03:52 PM

lmao we're talking about the same team that reportedly drafted shabazz napier to keep lebron?

STRIKERC
01-27-2016, 04:12 PM
lmao we're talking about the same team that reportedly drafted shabazz napier to keep lebron?

Drafting a player he preferred is kinda on a different stratosphere from firing a Pat Riley hand-picked coach.

Riley is the Don of South Beach. Firing the guy he groomed to coach his team is like admitting he was wrong. That ain't happening.

lol, please
01-27-2016, 04:28 PM
Lebron is a scumbag

:clap:

yungincome
01-27-2016, 04:31 PM
Anyone surprised? Honestly.

Big Zo
01-27-2016, 04:39 PM
That's right there with getting a coach fired, and letting him and his cronies run a team, and city. 😐

Scoots
01-27-2016, 04:52 PM
That's right there with getting a coach fired, and letting him and his cronies run a team, and city. 😐

But there is a big gap between doing something you think will make him happier and doing something he told you to do. Every organization wants to keep their star happy ... most organizations will just have an open dialog with the star and then make the decision ... with LeBron there isn't an open dialog and they have to guess what he wants. The Warriors fired Mark Jackson despite Curry being very vocal about his support for Jackson. They risked alienating Curry by doing so. I don't know if the Cavs would fire a coach LeBron liked even if the team wasn't being run efficiently or the way the GM/Owner wanted.

HandsOnTheWheel
01-27-2016, 05:09 PM

Most likely BS, but wouldn't surprise me if true.

jerellh528
01-27-2016, 05:22 PM
You guys, Lebron himself claims he's never disrespected or undermined a coach, so obviously this isn't true.

https://mobile.twitter.com/ChrisFedor/status/692379951346106368

kdspurman
01-27-2016, 05:32 PM
You guys, Lebron himself claims he's never disrespected or undermined a coach, so obviously this isn't true.

https://mobile.twitter.com/ChrisFedor/status/692379951346106368

That's just insane. He should just not answer questions about it

kdspurman
01-27-2016, 05:34 PM
Here's the full quote fwiw

HandsOnTheWheel
01-27-2016, 05:38 PM

The hole gets deeper.

jerellh528
01-27-2016, 05:43 PM

Haha. Best quote in there, "what do you guys want me to do? Turn my brain off because I have a huge basketball iq" lolol

CHANGO
01-27-2016, 05:43 PM
This has been denied by everyone including the owner who "said that".

Katz, who is not involved in the Heat's basketball operations, later denied to the Sun Sentinel that his intent was to portray an intimate knowledge of the situation, but rather that he was offering his opinion as he perceived the situation.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-heat/sfl-miami-heat-lebron-james-s012716-story.html

I have seen tweets of the writer who first reported it, and he seems so bitter about Lebron that isn't a big surprise.

CHANGO
01-27-2016, 05:46 PM
Haha. Best quote in there, "what do you guys want me to do? Turn my brain off because I have a huge basketball iq" lolol
:shrug:
Which is totally true, that's why he is one of the GOAT's.

jerellh528
01-27-2016, 05:56 PM

Yeah I'm sure his iq is very good, just worded it funny in my opinion. It reminded me of a Stephen Hawking quote.

Twins Fanatic
01-27-2016, 05:56 PM
Sounds about right. But as part owner of the Heat, why even say anything. The dude helped bring two titles to your organization, along with lots of MONEY.

ewing
01-27-2016, 05:57 PM

quote of the year, so far.

CHANGO
01-27-2016, 06:14 PM
Yeah I'm sure his iq is very good, just worded it funny in my opinion. It reminded me of a Stephen Hawking quote.

Ohh gotcha, he for sure is letting his mind fly a little. :D

flea
01-27-2016, 06:15 PM
quote of the year, so far.

Lmao the guy is a caricature of himself.

ewing
01-27-2016, 07:18 PM
Lmao the guy is a caricature of himself.

of course he is. everything about him is fake.

bucketss
01-27-2016, 07:33 PM
poor attempt at character assassination :pity::badidea:

CHANGO
01-28-2016, 11:27 PM
Just letting this out there.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/14669732/miami-heat-president-pat-riley-says-lebron-james-never-asked-erik-spoelstra-fired

MIAMI -- If LeBron James ever wanted Erik Spoelstra fired as coach while a member of the Heat, the four-time NBA MVP never expressed that sentiment to team president Pat Riley.

"Not from him to me, ever," Riley said Thursday of James, who left the Heat two seasons ago in free agency to return to Cleveland. "So a lot of stuff is following him out the door. Whether it's right or wrong, it's just the nature of it. But as far as that goes, no, he never, ever walked in and said anything."

/thread

ewing
01-29-2016, 09:23 AM
People are just jealous of his huge basketball IQ

SteBO
01-29-2016, 09:39 AM
People are just jealous of his huge basketball IQ
Which people? Fans? Other coaches? Management? Please. High IQ or not, show respect for your coaches.

As a HEAT fan, I know LBJ had issues with Spo from the very beginning, and near all of it stemmed from the fact that Spo didn't hesitate to call him out in practices and hold him to a high standard on the floor, something he wasn't used to. Riley and Wade had to temper that quickly and eventually the LBJ grew to have a high level of respect for Spo and the rest is history. Bottom line is, LBJ has every right to question anything that happens during play since his b-ball IQ is so large. But for LBJ to distance himself from the Blatt situation and say he's never disrespected a coach is just disingenuous.

DarkKnight
01-29-2016, 09:54 AM
Just letting this out there.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/14669732/miami-heat-president-pat-riley-says-lebron-james-never-asked-erik-spoelstra-fired

/thread

Must be true, if Pat the Rat said so ;)

Tony_Starks
01-29-2016, 10:57 AM

Hilarious. Reminded me of something George Castanza would say.

Seriously for him to say he never undermined or disrespected a coach, really dude? He walked off the court this year in the middle of game and subbed himself out. He sat in the coaches chair talking to the assistant coach and blowing the head coach off. He told the media last year in the playoffs the coach drew up the wrong play against the Bulls and he blew it off for the game winner.

On and on.

Pure comedy.

kdspurman
01-29-2016, 11:19 AM
Which people? Fans? Other coaches? Management? Please. High IQ or not, show respect for your coaches.

As a HEAT fan, I know LBJ had issues with Spo from the very beginning, and near all of it stemmed from the fact that Spo didn't hesitate to call him out in practices and hold him to a high standard on the floor, something he wasn't used to. Riley and Wade had to temper that quickly and eventually the LBJ grew to have a high level of respect for Spo and the rest is history. Bottom line is, LBJ has every right to question anything that happens during play since his b-ball IQ is so large. But for LBJ to distance himself from the Blatt situation and say he's never disrespected a coach is just disingenuous.

Which is why I chuckled at Lebron's quote... Great player, but terrible when it comes to speaking to the media. Says far too many contradictory things. & To say what he did about not disrespecting coaches, after things that have gone down is just like you said, disingenuous.

I will say, having Riley/Wade and even a guy like UD must have helped the situation. Guys who wouldn't be afraid to put Lebron in his place behind the scenes and get him to start buying in to what the coach wants to do. He does not have that at all in Cleveland. They don't want to do anything to make him leave again, so it's a pretty delicate situation

GottaLoveCubs
01-31-2016, 01:10 AM
He must have a different meaning of undermining than I do. To me, undermining a coach is running to the media and saying things that he has to do better. If he were to go to guys and say hey we need to do this differently, that'd be fine. He wouldn't come off as a coach killer or a douche of a teammate. But when you run to the media to voice how others can get better, it damn sure is undermining.

FlashBolt
01-31-2016, 02:31 PM
LeBron did have something to do with it but at the end of the day, Blatt wasn't the right coach for this team. Made way too many rookie mistakes, doesn't know how to motivate his players, tries to pretend he's best friends with them, his rotations make zero sense.. he puts James Jones in for two minutes out of nowhere in a close game and then takes him out. He puts Cunningham in during garbage time but then other games, he's out there for twenty+ minutes. It just never made any sense at all and that's why you saw players having a difficult time adjusting. And I do think LeBron can take criticism.. just from someone he respects. At the end of the day, Blatt was just too nice of a person and probably came into this league thinking he can transition into being an elite NBA coach.