PDA

View Full Version : Trade: Kevin Love for Blake Griffin

IKnowHoops
01-26-2016, 06:48 PM
We all know Kevin Love is not in high favor with the Cavs. Blake may have fallen to even lower depts with the Clippers. Besides the fact he has a broken hand from punching a guy, the Clippers have been better without him.
Add Love to the Clippers right now they are undoubtedly even better. Conversely Blake would seem like a better fit to Tyron Lues fast pace style. This trade seems to make more sense than Kyrie for Paul. Thoughts?

Bostonjorge
01-26-2016, 06:52 PM
Blake can't shoot 3's or play outside. James will turn Blake into a scrub over night.

Vinny642
01-26-2016, 07:42 PM
Not a very smart trade idea

Method28
01-26-2016, 08:00 PM
I think this would be bad for both teams. Plus if I'm LAC....I do not even come close to considering this trade.

lakerfan85
01-26-2016, 08:18 PM
Not a very smart trade idea

But he knows hoops..

Chronz
01-26-2016, 08:29 PM
There is no guarantee Love reverts to form considering he will be playing alongside another ball dominant player, back in the day I would have agreed but hes dealt with a few injuries and mental issues since then. Plus he is much less likely to learn how to defend via positioning than Blake, so no, this would never happen. Blake punching someone doesn't put him on even platform. His value is much higher.

Chronz
01-26-2016, 08:45 PM
Blake can't shoot 3's or play outside. James will turn Blake into a scrub over night.

Hes developed into quite the outlet option on mid range jumpers and from that onset, he has a Draymond Green like ability to play the 4 on 3 game (killing teams with his passing, or jumper with the added ability of finishing strong at the rim), granted its only from the elbows because thats where both CP3 and BG do their damage but I could see Blake not diminishing as much as Love. Love is at his best on the block (situationally) and the elbows, Blake can run PnR much better IMO.

Stunner
01-26-2016, 09:26 PM
Trade should only happen if Lebron leaving in the off season

BKLYNpigeon
01-26-2016, 09:37 PM
dumb trade

BKLYNpigeon
01-26-2016, 09:40 PM
Trade Blake for Melo

Stunner
01-26-2016, 09:44 PM
Trade Blake for Melo

Makes sense

xxplayerxx23
01-26-2016, 09:44 PM
Trade Blake for Melo

They would never forget
Doubt Melo would do that
Knicks have PORZINGIS and Lopez under contract for a long time.
Sorry about caps didn't mean that lol stupid auto correct

JOSKOMANG4
01-26-2016, 10:09 PM
I do believe a trade to the Suns would be a win-win for both teams.

- cavs acquire 2016 1st rd pick(cavs pick), Suns 2018 1st rd pick(lottery protected), C Chandler, & F M.Morris.

L: Chandler/Thompson/LBJ/JR/Kyrie

Key bench: Mosgov, dele, Mo, shump, Morris.

- Suns acquire Love.

2017 Suns lineup:

Len/Love/Tucker/Bledsoe/Knight

Kyben36
01-26-2016, 10:13 PM
WHy not include Kyrie and Paul in it as well.

Bostonjorge
01-26-2016, 10:19 PM
The NBA needs to stack the Cavs as much as possible so when the warriors win anyways Curry's legend will grow even more.

Kyben36
01-26-2016, 10:38 PM
I agree botston to an extent, whoever comes out of the west is going to whipe the floor with the east.

blahblahyoutoo
01-26-2016, 10:49 PM
But he knows hoops..

hula hoops maybe.

MJNetsIsles
01-27-2016, 09:37 AM
Trade Blake for Melo

How are you brooklyn and you root for the Giants.

Omg. Shame on you.

DboneG
01-27-2016, 03:14 PM
They both suck!

Blake has a head problem, he need to have a breakout performance in the playoffs to become a real superstar. Other players hard foul him and punk him in the game, so, he's the tough guy with the equipment manager. lol Blake is basically, a dunker and a decent rebounder. He finally got him a little shot. Bake can't defend! He suck!

Kevin suck also! He ran around in Minn. and did whatever he wanted...that's how he got numbers. He can't stick a fly. Now it's time to play under control...he can't do it! Time to clamp down on some D, time to hit some big shots, time to grab some big rebounds...HE CAN'T DO IT! Kevin just want to run around and shoot...and not play defense! He suck.

Ball_Out
01-27-2016, 03:25 PM
There is no guarantee Love reverts to form considering he will be playing alongside another ball dominant player, back in the day I would have agreed but hes dealt with a few injuries and mental issues since then. Plus he is much less likely to learn how to defend via positioning than Blake, so no, this would never happen. Blake punching someone doesn't put him on even platform. His value is much higher.

I dont see how you come to this conclusion. These last couple of years have not been great for love i agree, but his situation needs to be taken into consideration when making a fair assessment of his trade value. Neither Blake or Love have done anything to put their teams over the top in terms of winning in the post season. Also, punching a guy in the face and breaking your hand is a huge red flag and immediately drops a players trade value, especially since Blake has had his maturity questioned before.

CardinalRed24
01-27-2016, 04:26 PM
Blake Griffin>>Kevin Love

Sorry I just don't see Love the same way anymore. He's been heavily exposed in Cleveland playing with Bron and Erving and is simply not as valuable as Blake Griffin. Blake is a bonafide superstar and still has many prime years left. He's just not being used correctly in Los Angeles ATM.
If LAC ever had the slightest bit of interest in striking a deal, the Cavaliers would be insane not to jump all over it.

IKnowHoops
01-27-2016, 10:41 PM
Not saying he has more value than Blake, or saying he will revert back to form, but since the Clippers have been better without Blake, there is a good chance that Love would make the Clippers better than Blake can or at the very least has.

IKnowHoops
01-27-2016, 10:43 PM
Blah blah blah...

IKnowHoops
01-27-2016, 10:49 PM
I think in the right setting, both of these guys can, have and will put up great numbers. Please don't take this the wrong way. Both have shown that with there current teams that there fit is questionable. Kevin is having trouble being as productive a player as he has proven to be in the past. And Blake is having trouble making an impact that produces wins. It is very possible and likely that a switch makes both teams better. That's all I'm saying.

IKnowHoops
01-27-2016, 10:53 PM
WHy not include Kyrie and Paul in it as well.

I think that's a great idea

Avenged
01-27-2016, 11:04 PM
Love is not enough to get Griffin. Sorry!

IKnowHoops
01-28-2016, 01:20 AM
Love is not enough to get Griffin. Sorry!

Normally I'd agree, but punching a little kid, and a broken hand, and Love maybe making them better may be enough. I'd actually be more surprised if the Cavs would do it all things considered. They want to win now, and Blake could be out 3 months with a broken hand, so he will be rusty when he gets back like Kyrie. He won't be a great player for the rest of the year most likely if he's out for 3 months.

prodigy
01-28-2016, 03:56 AM
I do believe a trade to the Suns would be a win-win for both teams.

- cavs acquire 2016 1st rd pick(cavs pick), Suns 2018 1st rd pick(lottery protected), C Chandler, & F M.Morris.

L: Chandler/Thompson/LBJ/JR/Kyrie

Key bench: Mosgov, dele, Mo, shump, Morris.

- Suns acquire Love.

2017 Suns lineup:

Len/Love/Tucker/Bledsoe/Knight

I would need more of a impact player for Love. chandler is ehh and Morris kinda fallen off, if he was ever on

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-28-2016, 01:04 PM
I kinda like the idea of Blake for Melo. Then trade Robin to Pelicans for expiring Gordon.

Grant,Gordon,Williams,Blake,KP not to shabby.

Tony_Starks
01-28-2016, 01:41 PM
The Black delegation trading Blake for Kevin Love?

Cold business!