PDA

View Full Version : Blake Griffin Broken Hand?

goingfor28
01-26-2016, 03:48 AM
Already out with a torn quad, Blake Griffin has suffered a setback/new injury according to Marc Stein and others on Twitter

ESPN sources tell @ramonashelburne and I that Blake Griffin has suffered suspected broken hand in undisclosed team-related incident
-Marc Stein twitter post from 10 minutes ago

goingfor28
01-26-2016, 05:47 AM
Wonder who will be playing in the next game with a black eye, ha.

kdspurman
01-26-2016, 09:32 AM
Wonder who will be playing in the next game with a black eye, ha.

wow... a team related incident?

austin rivers? lol

sixer04fan
01-26-2016, 10:49 AM
Could have something to do with shipping Josh Smith out so abruptly. That seemed odd considering Blake hadn't returned from injury yet and they remain short on PFs

Shammyguy3
01-26-2016, 11:47 AM
please trade with the Bulls for Pau and/or Taj

BKLYNpigeon
01-26-2016, 12:01 PM
This has Lance Stephenson written all over it.

goingfor28
01-26-2016, 12:09 PM
January 26th, 2016 at 10:03am CST • By Chuck Myron
10:03am: Griffin was involved in an off-court incident with a Clippers staff member, a source told Dan Woike of the Orange County Register (Twitter link). Woike doesn’t say whether that caused the injury, though Stein and Shelburne wrote in their story that the fracture happened in an “undisclosed team-related incident.”

-Hoops Rumors

goingfor28
01-26-2016, 12:10 PM
ESPN reporting Blake Griffin hit a member of the Clippers' equipment staff, injuring his hand. Wow.
11:07am - 26 Jan 16

@rick_bonnell

Well then

CHANGO
01-26-2016, 12:20 PM
Michael Eaves ‏@michaeleaves 10 minhace 10 minutos

#Clippers forward Blake Griffin injured his right hand after hitting a member of the team's equipment staff during an argument in Toronto

Michael Eaves ‏@michaeleaves 8 minHace 8 minutos

The altercation started in a restaurant. It proceeded outside where Griffin hit the equipment staffer multiple times. #Clippers

WOW. Guess he wasn't in the zone.

kdspurman
01-26-2016, 12:21 PM
What an absolutely stupid thing to do on Blake's part. He has to realize how much he'd let his team down doing something like that. Even if he didn't break his hand, you would have to think there'd be some type of punishment.

Wasn't he close to coming back?

kdspurman
01-26-2016, 12:22 PM

D-Leethal
01-26-2016, 12:35 PM
Blake knocked out the towel boy?

chi-townlove1
01-26-2016, 12:53 PM
What an idiot. Truly truly stupid. Outside of the injury holding him out "weeks", I hope he gets a suspension that keeps him out an additional 5-10 games. Idc what happened, you're a professional and the man he hit is a member of the organization. He just made a big mistake.

aman_13
01-26-2016, 12:55 PM
What an absolutely stupid thing to do on Blake's part. He has to realize how much he'd let his team down doing something like that. Even if he didn't break his hand, you would have to think there'd be some type of punishment.

Wasn't he close to coming back?

Yeah he was close to returning.

Big Zo
01-26-2016, 01:02 PM
"I asked for 2 inches extra length on my uniform!" BAM!

ManningToTyree
01-26-2016, 01:13 PM
Wow so stupid.

kdspurman
01-26-2016, 01:17 PM
Reminds me of the Amare/fire extinguisher incident....

http://static3.businessinsider.com/image/4fa0357f6bb3f7880c00000c/amare-office-space-gif.gif

Blake/Amare, 2 explosive players, clearly.

KnicksorBust
01-26-2016, 01:17 PM
Sometimes I wonder if there is an amount of $ that would prevent these athletes from doing stupid things.

Method28
01-26-2016, 01:31 PM
Ugh.....why Blake?! Whhhyyyyyy!

Very immature and stupid thing to do. Idk what the guy said or did, but you just can't do that if you're Blake. Damn it.

Scoots
01-26-2016, 01:39 PM
Assault anyone? I think a recently former member of the Clippers staff is going to get paid.

REALLY DUMB.

Teufelshunde4
01-26-2016, 01:42 PM
What an idiot. Truly truly stupid. Outside of the injury holding him out "weeks", I hope he gets a suspension that keeps him out an additional 5-10 games. Idc what happened, you're a professional and the man he hit is a member of the organization. He just made a big mistake.

5 to 10 games would be a joke. Rest of season would be just. If any working man lays their hands on a coworker they get fired. Clippers and league have to severely punish him.

goingfor28
01-26-2016, 01:46 PM
Rest of the season? Lmao ok this isn't Artest/Detroit incident we are talking about here.

And apparently Blake and the equipment guy are good friends who hang out on the regular.

Odd situation, sure he will get some type of suspension.

mngopher35
01-26-2016, 01:54 PM
Wow that's too bad, gotta be smarter. Wonder what caused the incident?

Tony_Starks
01-26-2016, 02:05 PM

evolution vs creation debate.

The staffer was probably a staunch Big Bang advocate....

Rad_Racing
01-26-2016, 02:24 PM
Clippers gunna Clip.

JasonJohnHorn
01-26-2016, 02:25 PM
MJ punched Kerr.

Kareem broke his forearm in an on-court altercation.

It happens. Not cool, but we also don't know the circumstances.

mngopher35
01-26-2016, 02:30 PM

evolution vs creation debate.

The staffer was probably a staunch Big Bang advocate....

Haha that's gotta be it.

5ass
01-26-2016, 02:36 PM
Reminds me of the Amare/fire extinguisher incident....

http://static3.businessinsider.com/image/4fa0357f6bb3f7880c00000c/amare-office-space-gif.gif

Blake/Amare, 2 explosive players, clearly.

Lol the internet had fun with that one.

PurpleLynch
01-26-2016, 03:39 PM
It reminds me this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hv9donfWNgk

He has surely a weird relationship with Clips staff.

Teufelshunde4
01-26-2016, 03:43 PM
MJ punched Kerr.

Kareem broke his forearm in an on-court altercation.

It happens. Not cool, but we also don't know the circumstances.

Both were players in an on the court fight during a heated moment at practice.

An equipment staffer is not an on the court person. Sprewell choked out his coach and got a big punishment. This is no different imo

tredigs
01-26-2016, 04:22 PM
Both were players in an on the court fight during a heated moment at practice.

An equipment staffer is not an on the court person. Sprewell choked out his coach and got a big punishment. This is no different imo

Sure, but you have no clue of the circumstances here. There are certain situations where men will fight, and it may have been justified. On the surface it's short-sited and stupid, but again, we have no clue what this was about.

Stunner
01-26-2016, 04:26 PM
Sure, but you have no clue of the circumstances here. There are certain situations where men will fight, and it may have been justified. On the surface it's short-sited and stupid, but again, we have no clue what this was about.

Regardless of the circumstances a punishment should be dealt out regardless . You don't put your hands on anyone

likemystylez
01-26-2016, 04:27 PM
Assault anyone? I think a recently former member of the Clippers staff is going to get paid.

REALLY DUMB.

sad part is- my guess is that the equipment mgr gets canned (regardless of the circumstances), and blake gets a slap on the wrist- which may hurt because his hand is broken :p

WOwolfOL
01-26-2016, 04:28 PM
It reminds me this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hv9donfWNgk

He has surely a weird relationship with Clips staff.
What a douche

Stunner
01-26-2016, 04:30 PM
Blake Griffin (hand) has a broken hand and his initial timetable has been set at 4-6 weeks, according to sources of beat reporter Dan Woike.
This is an unfortunate setback for a guy that has been sidelined since Christmas with a torn quad, and Blake could certainly be facing some disciplinary actions from the league or the Clippers here. Chris Paul has been phenomenal with Blake on the sidelines, and through the month of January he ranks in the top-3 in standard leagues. Paul will continue to shoulder the load on offense sans Blake, while J.J. Redick and DeAndre Jordan will also see an uptick in value.

RLundi
01-26-2016, 04:30 PM
Refuse the urge to vilify Blake. We have NO idea what happened. Maybe the guy completely provoked him. Maybe Blake's a terrible human. Who knows? That's the point. Let's reserve judgment until more details come out.

likemystylez
01-26-2016, 04:32 PM
Refuse the urge to vilify Blake. We have NO idea what happened. Maybe the guy completely provoked him. Maybe Blake's a terrible human. Who knows? That's the point. Let's reserve judgment until more details come out.

my guess is that the equipment manager gets canned regardless of who was at fault.... but yeah lets make sure blake gets the benefit of the doubt

tredigs
01-26-2016, 04:36 PM
Regardless of the circumstances a punishment should be dealt out regardless . You don't put your hands on anyone

It's irrelevant. He's out over a month and the other man will sue and/or be compensated if Blake was in the wrong.

Teufelshunde4
01-26-2016, 04:42 PM

Exactly.. let's toss out that reports are Blake followed him outside and hit him again. And the guy ended up in hospital. Blake shuld not get special treatment here. You or I do this with a coworker we are both fired.
There is no sugarcoating this.

Stunner
01-26-2016, 04:44 PM
It's irrelevant. He's out over a month and the other man will sue and/or be compensated if Blake was in the wrong.

Lol his injury shouldn't have any barring on his punishment .

That's like saying if you get into a fight at school and mess up your hand in the process , that doesn't reduce your chances of getting suspended and maybe a possible lawsuit from that said parent if they choose to go that route .

You do bad things and you will have to deal with the results no sympathy . Especially with a grown man whose making millions of dollars lol

Stunner
01-26-2016, 04:48 PM
If any type of suspension is dealt out it should be 3-5 games max nothing more . It's nowhere near the fiasco in DET or the Knicks / Nuggets fight where Melo got 15 games .

Stunner
01-26-2016, 05:12 PM
The NBA is investigating the incident w/ Blake Griffin in Toronto. Possible discipline from the league in addition to time missed w/ injury
1:30pm - 26 Jan 16

goingfor28
01-26-2016, 05:15 PM
Exactly.. let's toss out that reports are Blake followed him outside and hit him again. And the guy ended up in hospital. Blake shuld not get special treatment here. You or I do this with a coworker we are both fired.
There is no sugarcoating this.
Comparing your job or my job to the money the NBA brings in is hilarious.

Stunner
01-26-2016, 05:21 PM
The Clippers confirmed that Blake Griffin suffered a spiral fracture of the fourth metacarpal in his right shooting hand, and after undergoing a procedure on Tuesday morning to correct the issue his timetable has been set at 4-6 weeks.
"This conduct has no place in our organization and this incident does not represent who we are as a team," read a statement from the Clippers referencing Blake getting into a physical altercation with a member of the Clippers staff. "We are conducting a full investigation with assistance from the NBA. At the conclusion of the investigation, appropriate action will be taken." Griffin will likely be facing a suspension here, and we'll be monitoring this situation closely. Chris Paul will be the primary beneficiary sans Blake.
Source: David Aldridge on Twitter J

likemystylez
01-26-2016, 05:21 PM
If any type of suspension is dealt out it should be 3-5 games max nothing more . It's nowhere near the fiasco in DET or the Knicks / Nuggets fight where Melo got 15 games .

id compare it more to Sprewell choking pj carlisamo.

maybe not a full season- but blake should be suspended without pay for the remainder of this season

tredigs
01-26-2016, 05:26 PM
Lol his injury shouldn't have any barring on his punishment .

That's like saying if you get into a fight at school and mess up your hand in the process , that doesn't reduce your chances of getting suspended and maybe a possible lawsuit from that said parent if they choose to go that route .

You do bad things and you will have to deal with the results no sympathy . Especially with a grown man whose making millions of dollars lol

I'm just saying it's irrelevant dude, because it is. So let's say he gets a "5 game suspension", the Clippers will just activate him 5 games before he's actually ready to go. Not rocket science here.

Stunner
01-26-2016, 05:31 PM
I'm just saying it's irrelevant dude, because it is. So let's say he gets a "5 game suspension", the Clippers will just activate him 5 games before he's actually ready to go. Not rocket science here.

If you thought of that loophole what makes you think the NBA Wont lol . Just saying by your post it seemed like " he's already Hurt and out he shouldn't be punished " . If that's what you're getting at its still kind of stupid .

Stunner
01-26-2016, 05:32 PM
id compare it more to Sprewell choking pj carlisamo.

maybe not a full season- but blake should be suspended without pay for the remainder of this season

Maybe , they did say Blake punched the guy multiple times .

Stunner
01-26-2016, 05:51 PM
Pau and Bairstow for Stephenson / Wes / Aldrich and clippers 2016 1st

IndyRealist
01-26-2016, 05:56 PM

He has to be cleared by a doctor, not just given the ok by the team. And it won't be a team doctor because a radiologist will have to read the MRI/xray.

tredigs
01-26-2016, 05:58 PM
If you thought of that loophole what makes you think the NBA Wont lol . Just saying by your post it seemed like " he's already Hurt and out he shouldn't be punished " . If that's what you're getting at its still kind of stupid .

He has to be cleared by a doctor, not just given the ok by the team. And it won't be a team doctor because a radiologist will have to read the MRI.
In a strange way, I envy your guys' ignorance.

tredigs
01-26-2016, 06:03 PM
If it comes out that this other team official was drunk, punched Blake in the face first and called his mother a whore in front of his teammates, will your tune change?

Point being, again, none of you know anything about the situation that you are handing out pseudo fines/suspensions for.

Granted, I wouldn't bet against Blake just being a dick here. I still won't pretend to know what happened.

Stunner
01-26-2016, 06:06 PM
It doesn't matter who fault it is tho wtf lmao he put his hands on him multiple times . Blake gonna get suspended regardless

Pierzynski4Prez
01-26-2016, 06:09 PM
If it comes out that this other team official was drunk, punched Blake in the face first and called his mother a whore in front of his teammates, will your tune change?

Point being, again, none of you know anything about the situation that you are handing out pseudo fines/suspensions for.

Granted, I wouldn't bet against Blake just being a dick here. I still won't pretend to know what happened.

I'm willing to bet if the person hit Blake first and he was retaliating, we'd have heard about it by now.

As for anything verbally said to provoke Blake, it still isn't an excuse to strike someone multiple times to the point of breaking your hand.

This case does kind of remind me of the Scottie Pippen/LA incident a year or so ago.

Chronz
01-26-2016, 06:09 PM
Why would he get any kind of suspension if they were out on the town. Its not a team function is it? **** happens, even between friends but yeah he's really ****ed over his team.

Reminds me of when Bird got in a bar fight and broke his hand costing his team the title. Thank god this ain't the playoffs

D-Leethal
01-26-2016, 06:10 PM
Is this the same dude Blake face ****ed on the sidelines last year?

Stunner
01-26-2016, 06:20 PM
Why would he get any kind of suspension if they were out on the town. Its not a team function is it? **** happens, even between friends but yeah he's really ****ed over his team.

Reminds me of when Bird got in a bar fight and broke his hand costing his team the title. Thank god this ain't the playoffs

I mean do they not represent the Clippers brand and the NBA ? It doesn't matter , It's in the news now and a punishment will be dealt . Okafor punched a random guy on the street and was suspended .

yungincome
01-26-2016, 06:27 PM
So basically he assaulted someone. Not good Blake, not good.

ghettosean
01-26-2016, 06:33 PM

This... Everyone is too quick to judge here without knowing all the facts.

tredigs
01-26-2016, 06:34 PM
I'm willing to bet if the person hit Blake first and he was retaliating, we'd have heard about it by now.

As for anything verbally said to provoke Blake, it still isn't an excuse to strike someone multiple times to the point of breaking your hand.

This case does kind of remind me of the Scottie Pippen/LA incident a year or so ago.

Why do you say that? It was a fight, who knows wtf happened.

"Strike him multiple times to the point of breaking your hand"? You can break a bone in your hand with one punch, I assure you.

You guys just keep blathering on with your unknowing jibberish.

Vinylman
01-26-2016, 06:40 PM
This... Everyone is too quick to judge here without knowing all the facts.

Is the statement the team came out with also speculation?

Method28
01-26-2016, 07:40 PM
Still wanna hear the reason WHY Blake hit him. Although it should've never taken place regardless what words the equipment guy used.

Funny thing is that these two are actually pretty tight. If any of you guys follow Blake or DJ on Instagram you more than likely have seen this gentleman.

I'm thinking it was probably something pretty bad for Blake to react this way towards a friend.....although that's me assuming that Blake is a decent human being lol

Pierzynski4Prez
01-26-2016, 07:40 PM

"Strike him multiple times to the point of breaking your hand"? You can break a bone in your hand with one punch, I assure you.

And you're doing the same in what seems like a desperate attempt to make Griffin look like the good guy here.

Didn't the news reports say Griffin struck him multiple times? So he didn't break it in 1 punch.

Vinny642
01-26-2016, 07:44 PM
Griffin's body is so frail just like his mind

Stunner
01-26-2016, 07:54 PM
Indy that 4-6 weeks with a broken hand is "unrealistic" in his opinion.
5:09pm - 26 Jan 16

Doc Rivers: "This type of stuff shouldn’t happen. But it did. And it’s real life, and you have to live with real life stuff.”
5:21pm - 26 Jan 16

Teufelshunde4
01-26-2016, 08:14 PM

What caused the fight means nothing... Basically its about not laying your hands on coworkers.. Playing the the NBA is not a right... Its a privilege... Blake will suffer not only the loss of injury time, but likely suspension as well... I am not vilifying Blake at all. People make mistakes but Blake also has had run ins where he got physical and even though those charges were dismissed it doesnt mean commish wont take that into account when deciding Blakes punishment.

D-Leethal
01-26-2016, 08:15 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCf1JtZ1lHI

This guy?

Method28
01-26-2016, 08:20 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCf1JtZ1lHI

This guy?
No not that guy

D-Leethal
01-26-2016, 08:22 PM
Say Blake is found to be in the wrong for whatever reason - WTF do the Clips do with the other dude? Fire the guy that got assaulted? Pay him off to leave quietly?

D-Leethal
01-26-2016, 08:23 PM
No not that guy

Well it looks like Blake is not prejudice when it comes to being a douchebag to staff.

Method28
01-26-2016, 08:25 PM
Well it looks like Blake is not prejudice when it comes to being a douchebag to staff.
Meh. They're all laughing in the video you posted. Granted that's not the time or place to be joking around but idk about being a Dbag in that case.

In the story that came out last night.....can't really defend Blake there (sans more detail coming out)

J4KOP99
01-26-2016, 08:57 PM
Blake griffin is an absolute *******. That whole franchise is pathetic. Is Chris Paul still pouting from being scratched in the lip by porzingis? No sweeter Justice than watching them blow every single big game they've been it. The ball don't lie and doc should know that well after coaching Rasheed.

5ass
01-26-2016, 09:04 PM
Should've hit him with the palm.

5ass
01-26-2016, 09:10 PM

Lol still it was likely something stupid. I'm willing to bet Griffin could've walked away with a slight ego bruise. Which is better than a broken hand and a giant check. Most NBA players are a bunch of ego maniac idiots. I honestly hope one day one of them runs into a guy that really knows how to fight.

Chronz
01-26-2016, 09:23 PM
Should've hit him with the palm.

Whats wrong with a solid back slap these days? If he retaliates, THEN you can fight.

Chronz
01-26-2016, 09:31 PM
I mean do they not represent the Clippers brand and the NBA ? It doesn't matter , It's in the news now and a punishment will be dealt . Okafor punched a random guy on the street and was suspended .

LOL. Didn't know that one, I guess they'll get suspended but I dont buy for a second that the Clips cant get him cleared in time for it to not interfere with his recovery. Its more of a PC response than anything but yeah, had he not gotten injured, he would have had some extra time to heal his current injury. Thats the only bright spot here, Clips should have a fully charged BG for the post season run.

rocketfuel
01-27-2016, 05:47 AM
What were they arguing about? Seems pretty extreme to punch someone in the face, then follow them outside and punch them again.

PhillyFaninLA
01-27-2016, 07:04 AM

Smart men know how to avoid a fight...dumb children say yeah it was justified

edit:

I want to add one amendment to what I said....there are times to fight, that is true. If someone is threatening one of my friends or family members (with life threatening things and not just word) then yeah, you jump in and try and protect them but otherwise smart men know how to avoid a fight.

2-ONE-5
01-27-2016, 09:39 AM
so this dude hits an employee of the team and there is no media backlash?

Gander13SM
01-27-2016, 10:32 AM
Smart men know how to avoid a fight...dumb children say yeah it was justified

edit:

I want to add one amendment to what I said....there are times to fight, that is true. If someone is threatening one of my friends or family members (with life threatening things and not just word) then yeah, you jump in and try and protect them but otherwise smart men know how to avoid a fight.

Agreed.

Also if LeBron did this you would never hear the end of it.

Has everyone seen the guy he hit? Blake is twice his size. Howcome he's tough enough to beat on someone half his size but yet plays so soft against players the same size?

Oh that's right. Because he's a coward and a bully.

Also if he broke his hand punching someone he either has no idea how to make a fist or has an incredibly limp wrist.

Gander13SM
01-27-2016, 10:34 AM

You don't go breaking any bones with one punch or twenty. Not if you know how to punch.

Either;

1. Blake doesn't know how to make a fist.
2. Blake has an incredibly limp wrist.
3. He punched the guy in his skull or elbow.

That's it.

Gander13SM
01-27-2016, 10:37 AM

If somebody calls your mother a whore you instantly fight them? What are you, 11? 12? Get a hold of yourself.

The only thing I would accept is if he walked in on the guy raping his wife or if the dude had his baby in a headlock or came at him with a knife or some ****.

I'm betting he gets a suspension.

kdspurman
01-27-2016, 12:29 PM
https://www.facebook.com/bleacherreport/videos/10153771214791006/

IndyRealist
01-27-2016, 12:46 PM
You don't go breaking any bones with one punch or twenty. Not if you know how to punch.

Either;

1. Blake doesn't know how to make a fist.
2. Blake has an incredibly limp wrist.
3. He punched the guy in his skull or elbow.

That's it.

Really not true at all. In a bare knuckles fight bones in the hand can break pretty easily, and that's not taking into account Blake's muscle mass (which is presumably greater than yours, e.g. he probably hits harder). It's relatively common to break your hand on the mandible (jawbone) which is a common target but extremely strong. The bones of the hand are small and fragile. Fighters don't just wear gloves and handwraps to protect their opponents.

Gander13SM
01-27-2016, 03:34 PM
Sorry but it's not likely to break your hand on someone's jaw at all. Possible sure but likely? Nah.

And I've known enough gypsys in my time to know that breaking your hand isn't likely in bare knuckle. Unless you punch someone in the head or are swinging wildly. Bruising or maybe staving sure.

Each to their own. Believe what you want.

lakerfan85
01-27-2016, 04:30 PM
https://www.facebook.com/bleacherreport/videos/10153771214791006/

Lmao!! Nice KD..

Stunner
01-28-2016, 05:12 PM
Report: Blake Griffin punched Clippers equipment manager after routine teasing escalated

https://twitter.com/basketballtalk/status/692811164049215489

What was supposed to be a dinner among friends in Toronto’s entertainment district on Saturday took a horrific turn when Griffin repeatedly punched Testi, leaving his longtime buddy with a severely swollen face and Griffin with a broken right hand.

Griffin and Testi had engaged in some of their routine back-and-forth teasing when things became heated, with the confrontation starting inside the restaurant and continuing outside and involving multiple blows from Griffin, said a person with knowledge of the situation who was not authorized to discuss it publicly.

Officers from the Toronto Police Service arrived at the restaurant but were satisfied with the explanation they received from Testi and Griffin after the friends explained what had happened and told the officers there was no need to escalate the situation, said the person with knowledge of the situation.

Hawkeye15
01-28-2016, 06:27 PM

as Dalton from Roadhouse put it, "Is she?"

tredigs
01-28-2016, 06:34 PM
If somebody calls your mother a whore you instantly fight them? What are you, 11? 12? Get a hold of yourself.

The only thing I would accept is if he walked in on the guy raping his wife or if the dude had his baby in a headlock or came at him with a knife or some ****.

I'm betting he gets a suspension.

Lmao uh yes, if some drunk is coming at me with swinging fists while insulting my mother, there would be a retaliatory fist to his face in all likelihood. I feel sorry for your manhood if you act otherwise. Sometimes people just need to be dealt with.

As for the broken hand, a boxers fracture is much easier to incur than you must think. And yes, swinging at someones face if they were to duck their head into your fist is certainly one way it happens.

Again, I'm not giving Blake the benefit of the doubt here. It would shock me 0% if he was at fault and the douchebag here, but I also wasn't willing to simply call him out for something that I know nothing about. Knee-jerk reactions concerning something you have no knowledge of are for simpletons and sheeple.

goingfor28
01-29-2016, 01:25 AM
I am willing to bet they were both drunk. Also, Testi is keeping his job w the Clippers. Seems like it was truly just 2 friends who let things get way too out of control, unfortunately.
When cops arrived both Testi and Griffin said everything was fine, cops left.

Stunner
01-29-2016, 02:51 PM
According to Zach Lowe of ESPN, Blake Griffin (hand) could miss two months of action.
His original timetable was established at 4-6 weeks, but even Doc Rivers suggested that the timetable wasn't realistic. This would mean that Griffin wouldn't return to the court until the end of March at the earliest, so his owners may be forced to evaluate other options if they don't have an IR spot. In the meantime, DeAndre Jordan, J.J. Redick and Chris Paul will all benefit.

Tony_Starks
01-29-2016, 04:35 PM
Was it ever confirmed if Blake hits like a Perez Hilton or not?

That's a no bueno for your PF if true....

Gander13SM
01-30-2016, 07:41 AM
Lmao uh yes, if some drunk is coming at me with swinging fists while insulting my mother, there would be a retaliatory fist to his face in all likelihood. I feel sorry for your manhood if you act otherwise. Sometimes people just need to be dealt with.

As for the broken hand, a boxers fracture is much easier to incur than you must think. And yes, swinging at someones face if they were to duck their head into your fist is certainly one way it happens.

Again, I'm not giving Blake the benefit of the doubt here. It would shock me 0% if he was at fault and the douchebag here, but I also wasn't willing to simply call him out for something that I know nothing about. Knee-jerk reactions concerning something you have no knowledge of are for simpletons and sheeple.

Lmao. That sounds like the answer I would expect from a simpleton not someone like you. Alpha B.S

If someone is swinging at you sure, defend yourself.

But that's not what you said. You said if someone insulted your mother you would fight them. To me that just shows how insecure and scared you are, only children feel the need to lash out when someone insults their mother or calls them something nasty.

Get a grip. If you try and fight everyone who says something you find insulting you're going to end up in prison. Talking about manhood like fighting is what makes you a man. You sound like every kid I knew when I was 16.

Stop acting like a hormone crazed angsty teen and start acting like a man. Learn when to control yourself. You cant go fighting everyone who makes a yo momma joke. Have some self discipline. Come on.

...or go back to puffing out your chest and swinging your dick 'round. Thinking you're showing strength when really you're just showing weakness. Weak minded. Weak willed. A thin skinned troglodyte.

Each to their own.

cmellofan15
01-30-2016, 05:00 PM
Lmao. That sounds like the answer I would expect from a simpleton not someone like you. Alpha B.S

If someone is swinging at you sure, defend yourself.

But that's not what you said. You said if someone insulted your mother you would fight them. To me that just shows how insecure and scared you are, only children feel the need to lash out when someone insults their mother or calls them something nasty.

I think you missed where his original post stated "If it comes out that this other team official was drunk, punched Blake in the face first and called his mother a whore in front of his teammates, will your tune change? " LMAO

Get a grip. If you try and fight everyone who says something you find insulting you're going to end up in prison. Talking about manhood like fighting is what makes you a man. You sound like every kid I knew when I was 16.

Stop acting like a hormone crazed angsty teen and start acting like a man. Learn when to control yourself. You cant go fighting everyone who makes a yo momma joke. Have some self discipline. Come on.

...or go back to puffing out your chest and swinging your dick 'round. Thinking you're showing strength when really you're just showing weakness. Weak minded. Weak willed. A thin skinned troglodyte.

Each to their own.

I think it's incredibly stupid of someone to speak so "matter of fact" when they don't even take the time to read someone's entire post. it makes for a pretty funny aftermath tho lol.

Laker Legend42
01-31-2016, 10:53 AM
This is a weird story. When you look at all possible scenarios nothing adds up.

1. This guy owes Blake money? If this were the case he would probably be avoiding Blake and they wouldn't be out at dinner together.

2. Doinking the same girl? This too seems unlikely. These two are supposedly "good friends" what are the odds of this coming out at this dinner?

3. The guy goes overboard with some comment about Blake? If this is your boy you guys go back and fourth with little verbal jabs normally not getting to the point of face punching. They also claim to still be friends after the fact.

Now, a day or so after the incident the clippers come out and say this guy will not lose his job. Just like me a lot of you felt this dude would be fired. Now why would the clippers keep this guy on the staff? Also no one is being sued. Here's what does make sense to me.you keep this guy close so he keeps quiet about whatever is going on. Marcellus Wiley of ESPN la (a clippers fan here in la) seems to think that this guy keeps his job because he played a bigger role in what got him punched. That makes no sense. Now I need everyone to file this away for later reference...... Could this have been a lovers quarrel? To me it's the only thing that makes sense and it would explain why tessti kept his job. You give him some money,let him keep his job and make him sign a gag order. This is a strange situation and the way information has has come out just seems a little off...ijs

ewing
01-31-2016, 11:23 AM
Sorry but it's not likely to break your hand on someone's jaw at all. Possible sure but likely? Nah.

And I've known enough gypsys in my time to know that breaking your hand isn't likely in bare knuckle. Unless you punch someone in the head or are swinging wildly. Bruising or maybe staving sure.

Each to their own. Believe what you want.

What?????

kdspurman
02-04-2016, 12:16 PM

Stunner
02-04-2016, 10:01 PM
Owner Steve Ballmer said "there needs to be consequences" for Blake Griffin's incident last week.
"It's the right thing to do," Ballmer said. The league is also looking at a punishment for Blake, so he might get at least a game or two. He is out for this month and could make it back for next month. Wes Johnson has been the best pickup by far.

Stunner
02-05-2016, 02:52 PM
The Clippers have talked to the Nuggets about trading Blake Griffin to Denver, per NBA sources.

https://twitter.com/mitch_lawrence/status/695670813865992192

Stunner
02-09-2016, 05:14 PM
Clippers announce four-game suspension for Blake Griffin

tredigs
02-09-2016, 05:26 PM
Clippers announce four-game suspension for Blake Griffin

Which will be served 4 days before he is actually ready to play.

Lol - I suppose it is a monetary ding to the multi-hundred-millionaire.

TrueFan420
02-09-2016, 06:13 PM
Any chance something else really happened and this is just a cover up to explain why his hand is broken? They could have planned it to cover up him injuring it in another way.

Kinda like the Monta moped incident where he said he was hooping with friends for it to come out later that he was on a moped (something that was a breach of contract).