PDA

View Full Version : Gamethread 01/24 - 01/30 : @ CHI, @ BKN, @ MIL

beasted86
01-25-2016, 08:44 PM
01/24 - 01/30 Schedule:
NOTE: ALL TIMES EASTERN

http://i.cdn.turner.com/nba/nba/.element/img/1.0/teamsites/logos/teamlogos_80x64/chi.gif
Miami HEAT @ Chicago Bulls
Monday, Jan 25, 2016
United Center, Chicago, IL
8:00pm ET
Season Series: 0-0
TV: Fox Sports Sun

http://i.cdn.turner.com/nba/nba/.element/img/1.0/teamsites/logos/teamlogos_80x64/bkn.gif
Miami HEAT @ Brooklyn Nets
Tuesday, Jan 26, 2016
Barclays Center, Brooklyn, NY
7:30pm ET
Season Series: 1-1

http://i.cdn.turner.com/nba/nba/.element/img/1.0/teamsites/logos/teamlogos_80x64/mil.gif
Miami HEAT @ Milwaukee Bucks
Friday, Jan 29, 2016
Bradley Center, Milwaukee, WI
8:00pm ET
Season Series: 0-1

beasted86
01-25-2016, 08:49 PM
Udrih and Deng back tonight, both expected to start. Wade will start.

Dragic and Whiteside still out.

beasted86
01-25-2016, 09:24 PM
Miami is going to get blown out playing defense like they are.

beasted86
01-25-2016, 09:32 PM
Turned off the game. I'm done watching for tonight.

beasted86
01-25-2016, 11:28 PM
Good win, didn't watch.

Mr. Baller
01-25-2016, 11:30 PM
#FireSpo

SteBO
01-25-2016, 11:40 PM
Much needed win......and I too, didn't watch. Looks like Wade, Bosh, and Winslow really came through down the stretch on both ends.

WaDe03
01-25-2016, 11:47 PM
#FireSpo

You sound like the Whiteside supporters that pop up every now and then when he has a good game. Good job to Spo though we finally played the way he was talking about all summer.

WaDe03
01-25-2016, 11:48 PM
Huge game from Wade and Bosh came up clutch too. Winslow played great defense. Really the only complaint I have is Green who was terrible again and looked lost on defense.

hotdalton18
01-26-2016, 12:03 AM
#FireSpo

You sound like the Whiteside supporters that pop up every now and then when he has a good game. Good job to Spo though we finally played the way he was talking about all summer.

The Whiteside supporter is always here

hotdalton18
01-26-2016, 12:04 AM
#FireSpo

What a joke

He is a big reason for all the losses

Gets one win that we still didn't score 90 in and now he's great again lmao

Yes fire Spo , he's a joke

hotdalton18
01-26-2016, 12:04 AM
So confused by this team

Look like a lottery team for a week then beat the Bulls

WaDe03
01-26-2016, 12:13 AM
So confused by this team

Look like a lottery team for a week then beat the Bulls

Injuries bad coaching/offensive system it's that simple.

beasted86
01-26-2016, 12:39 AM
Well its kinda simple. Johnson isn't a PG. At all.

When he have a PG running the offense, guys can get into their normal roles and rhythm.

But seriously, why is Green still shooting? Bench his *** already.

archdevil84
01-26-2016, 05:59 AM
enjoy the feeling of a good win as long as you can. we all know being the most inconsistent team in the history of the NBA wil probably make us lose today in brooklyn by 20+ points

Slug3
01-26-2016, 11:01 AM
Good win last night, will probably follow it up with a big loss tonight. Sigh!

Slug3
01-26-2016, 08:56 PM
Already looking bad, I really hope we don't lose to the Nets....... AGAIN!

beasted86
01-26-2016, 09:09 PM
I honestly feel like Gerald Green is no better than Henry Walker at this point. Real talk.

WaDe03
01-26-2016, 09:39 PM
Way too many missed layups and terrible defense. That's about it. Oh yea, we're playing the 3rd worst team in the league.

hotdalton18
01-26-2016, 10:44 PM
Good seeing Winslow looking like he actually has some potential !

hotdalton18
01-26-2016, 10:45 PM
Good to win but should be up a lot more on a team like this

SportsFanatic10
01-26-2016, 10:53 PM
Wade clutch again, good win for a banged up team on a back to back...

ATX
01-26-2016, 10:56 PM
Good to win but should be up a lot more on a team like this

Always Mr. Negative Nancy around here. Missing two starters, team is banged up, on the road in a B2B and you still find something to complain about.

Wade and Bosh played great and Winslow showing you promise maybe or he just a POS still? Whatever....

Mr. Baller
01-26-2016, 10:57 PM
#FireSpo

HandsOnTheWheel
01-26-2016, 11:29 PM
Spo must go.

WaDe03
01-27-2016, 12:50 AM
It's easy to defend Spo when he's got Wade and Bosh to bail him out. Let's pretend he deserves the credit for Wade and Bosh taking over 4th quarters.

WaDe03
01-27-2016, 12:51 AM
Also Wade is the best SG in the league. Harden Butler and Klay may put up big numbers more consistently throughout the year due to age but when they go head to head Wade usually always outplays them. Give me Wade over any SG in the league in a playoff series.

beasted86
01-27-2016, 02:00 AM
Okay, so the Suns lost to the 76ers.... again.

Will they trade us Teletovic for McRoberts now?

WaDe03
01-27-2016, 02:19 AM
Okay, so the Suns lost to the 76ers.... again.

Will they trade us Teletovic for McRoberts now?

I wish lol

SteBO
01-27-2016, 09:40 AM
#FireSpo

Spo must go.
:laugh2:

Slug3
01-27-2016, 10:05 AM
Man I get that we won and on a back to back, but I feel this team plays with no urgency at times. We have Wade and Bosh and they both played great, but we should not be letting a crappy Nets team even be close.

Mr. Baller
01-27-2016, 10:15 AM
It's easy to defend Spo when he's got Wade and Bosh to bail him out. Let's pretend he deserves the credit for Wade and Bosh taking over 4th quarters.

Wade03 logic: Our best players make shots, Spo didn't do anything. Our best players miss shots, #FIRESPO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WaDe03
01-27-2016, 12:07 PM
Wade03 logic: Our best players make shots, Spo didn't do anything. Our best players miss shots, #FIRESPO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mr. Baller logic: we win 3 games out of our last 10 praise Spo, we lose 7 out of our last 10 and look like we don't even run an offense, it's not Spos fault our offense is #****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WaDe03
01-27-2016, 12:09 PM
Mr. Baller popped his head in here for the first time in 5 games after we went 1-4 to praise Spo for a win lol. I didn't see Spo take over the 4th when we were losing.

Mr. Baller
01-27-2016, 01:22 PM
Mr. Baller popped his head in here for the first time in 5 games after we went 1-4 to praise Spo for a win lol. I didn't see Spo take over the 4th when we were losing.

I'm here every game, its hard to respond to most of the comments in this forum nowadays

Slug3
01-27-2016, 01:26 PM

Honestly I feel like we need someone else to handle the offensive side of this team. I am fine with Spo brings in on the defensive side, and from what I can tell the players all like him. But hes been in the league for like 6/7 years now? and I still think his offensive game plans usually suck. I know someone will bring up our offense with Lebron, but come on its with a top 5 player to even play the game on your team. Without him our offense goes through some bad droughts.

WaDe03
01-27-2016, 02:50 PM
I'm here every game, its hard to respond to most of the comments in this forum nowadays

The 5 posts we average a day lol. I agree with you I'm slowly moving over to the ****** forum. It's very active over there and it's nice because they don't live and die over there on advanced stats as most do on PSD.

Slug3
01-27-2016, 04:21 PM
The 5 posts we average a day lol. I agree with you I'm slowly moving over to the ****** forum. It's very active over there and it's nice because they don't live and die over there on advanced stats as most do on PSD.

PSD doesn't want you to share your new forum, lol.

HandsOnTheWheel
01-27-2016, 05:34 PM
nvm.

beasted86
01-28-2016, 07:28 PM
Miami coach Erik Spoelstra said the staff needed to put a straightjacket on Dragic to keep him from playing too early on a strained left calf, and that might not have been all that much of a joke. Dragic was not happy with the team’s decision to hold him out against the Nets.

“I’m ready to play,” Dragic said. “I would already be playing if it was (up to) me. I’m doing everything. Everything. I’m trying to make sure everything is fine. I felt great the last two days, but they still think (I need) those two extra to make sure everything is fine.”
Dragic said he argued adamantly with Spoelstra and trainer Jay Sabol in favor of playing, but was told no.
“I would not say angry, but I’m disappointed– I don’t know how to say it,” Dragic said. “I want to get back out there with my teammates as quick as possible. But for sure I need to obey their opinion, because Jay knows about those injuries more than I do.”

Well, good to know Dragić has that competitive fire and wanted to be back out there to help his team win.

I hope he can ignite the team on this stretch run to the all-star break

archdevil84
01-29-2016, 05:37 AM
good to see whiteside didnt make the all star team. if he would have, he would probably see himself as sort of a shot blocking center god who is superior to any other center in the league

archdevil84
01-29-2016, 09:12 PM
mcroberts wil probably reinjure his knee while cheering on the bench

archdevil84
01-29-2016, 09:15 PM
damn stat defender that SO badly. wade did a good job fronting but stoutemire fcked it up

archdevil84
01-29-2016, 09:32 PM
mcroberts is playing. this is not real. i'm illusionating

HandsOnTheWheel
01-29-2016, 09:40 PM
Trade mcroberts ;)

Slug3
01-29-2016, 10:55 PM
How many points did we give up on that 3rd? That seems to be our worse quarter.

Wade n Fade
01-29-2016, 10:56 PM
McRoberts is a bum. Had a three, pass fakes to airball a shot. Why is he still on this damn team?

Mr. Baller
01-30-2016, 12:46 AM
#FireSpo #TradeWhiteside

hotdalton18
01-30-2016, 03:10 AM
#FireSpo #TradeWhiteside

Well the first one yeah , way to come in here only when things are good for a second to talk about Spo

hotdalton18
01-30-2016, 03:12 AM
Im the reason for the streak btw

I said we suck n need to blow it up

And now look!

beasted86
01-30-2016, 08:24 AM
Over the last 3 games starting, Stoudemire is averaging 8/8.

I think what that says is that Whiteside averaging a double double is nothing that special. He needs to learn one on one defense before the HEAT can pay him big bucks long term.

You can plug a JaVale McGee into the HEAT and he's probably averaging 9/9/2 blk 60% for like $8M-$10M next summer. No need to get desperate and overpay Whiteside if he wants way too much.

beasted86
01-30-2016, 08:26 AM
McRoberts is a bum. Had a three, pass fakes to airball a shot. Why is he still on this damn team?

Because no one will trade for a bum?

All-In
01-31-2016, 01:36 AM
The last three games have been Wade's best stretch of games this season.....But overall I still think hes way behind where he should be if we want to compete in the playoffs, He needs to be more consistent with his shot selection, play better defense, push the pace more and move without the ball better......But I do like what Ive seen the past 3 games, its definitely refreshing

Im on "Josh McRoberts Island" apparently......I dont get why it seems like Im the only one in this forum who likes it when hes on the court.....What frustrates me about McBob is he gets injured too often for long periods of time....but when hes on the court I like his defensive rotations, his overall communication, his ball movement, his player movement, his ball handling skills, his passing, his basketball IQ....like I get he hasn't shot very well and makes weird decisions at times but his ability to handle and pass, his PnR "roll man" skills, his ability to play the high-post and elbow make up for his recent lack of shooting

That brings me to my next point:

I want McRoberts at the 5 more...A line up featuring McRoberts, Deng, Winslow, Wade, Dragic or McRoberts, Deng, Winslow, Udrih, Dragic would open up space on offense without losing much on defense....we would lose rebounding but our defensive rotations would still be sound...I truly think a lot of people underrate McRoberts ability to pass, move without the ball, and handle the ball....He doesn't hang out in the post, he does most his work out of the PnR or working from the Elbows or High-post, he sets good screens then rolls or pops out with purpose, he has other skills to create space even if he cant shoot (ie Bogut)

But dont worry.....I dont think Spo will go to it when Whiteside comes back, but with Whiteside out and McRoberts in, I'm hoping he uses McBob at the 5 more, it was one of our best played lineup's in the win AT Milwaukee

The Udrih/Dragic back-court combination wasn't played at all in the win AT Milwaukee.......someone needs to explain to me what the **** Spo does sometimes? Not even 1 minute did Dragic/Udrih play together...the less Green plays and the more Udrih plays the better, thats just common sense to me

Sparky
01-31-2016, 08:39 AM
^^^ I also think McRoberts is pretty good when he plays. I can understand why so many Heat fans have become frustrated with his long absences - and
lack of shooting when we need shooting so badly - but that doesn't mean he isn't bringing a lot to the table in other areas like passing and defense.

We've waited so long for him to pay dividends that I'm kind of hoping they don't trade him at this point.

And if they do trade Whiteside, I think you're right that McRoberts could help provide some depth at the 5.

P.S. The Bucks' Antetokounmpo is nasty!!! Wish we could trade for him.

Mr. Baller
01-31-2016, 10:02 AM
The last three games have been Wade's best stretch of games this season.....But overall I still think hes way behind where he should be if we want to compete in the playoffs, He needs to be more consistent with his shot selection, play better defense, push the pace more and move without the ball better......But I do like what Ive seen the past 3 games, its definitely refreshing

Im on "Josh McRoberts Island" apparently......I dont get why it seems like Im the only one in this forum who likes it when hes on the court.....What frustrates me about McBob is he gets injured too often for long periods of time....but when hes on the court I like his defensive rotations, his overall communication, his ball movement, his player movement, his ball handling skills, his passing, his basketball IQ....like I get he hasn't shot very well and makes weird decisions at times but his ability to handle and pass, his PnR "roll man" skills, his ability to play the high-post and elbow make up for his recent lack of shooting

That brings me to my next point:

I want McRoberts at the 5 more...A line up featuring McRoberts, Deng, Winslow, Wade, Dragic or McRoberts, Deng, Winslow, Udrih, Dragic would open up space on offense without losing much on defense....we would lose rebounding but our defensive rotations would still be sound...I truly think a lot of people underrate McRoberts ability to pass, move without the ball, and handle the ball....He doesn't hang out in the post, he does most his work out of the PnR or working from the Elbows or High-post, he sets good screens then rolls or pops out with purpose, he has other skills to create space even if he cant shoot (ie Bogut)

But dont worry.....I dont think Spo will go to it when Whiteside comes back, but with Whiteside out and McRoberts in, I'm hoping he uses McBob at the 5 more, it was one of our best played lineup's in the win AT Milwaukee

The Udrih/Dragic back-court combination wasn't played at all in the win AT Milwaukee.......someone needs to explain to me what the **** Spo does sometimes? Not even 1 minute did Dragic/Udrih play together...the less Green plays and the more Udrih plays the better, thats just common sense to me

I'm on the mcbob island as well

MiamiLoyal926
01-31-2016, 11:45 AM
I love everything he does except he seems to only hunt for passes and rarely looks to open up the floor for himself and his passing with looks at the basket. He will pass up an open shot to keep the ball swinging, but the ball swings back into a player who doesn't have as much of an open look as he had the previous pass. If he starts taking advantage off those looks, it makes him a very dangerous factor to our spacing and ball movement.

beasted86
01-31-2016, 01:47 PM
He has the skills that could benefit us, but his rebounding is putrid, he passes up open shots and is clanking bricks on the ones he takes.

He's like Boris Diaw's crippled brother they keep in the attic.