Head Coach:
General Manager:
Assistant Coach:

PG: Shane Larkin
SG: Markel Brown, Bogan Bogdanovic
SF: Rondae Hollis Jefferson, Sergey Karasev
PF: Thaddeus Young, Chris McCullough, Thomas Robinson
C: Brook Lopez, Andrea Bargnani

This is the Brooklyn Nets team heading into next season.

They have limited draft picks. But a lot of cap space.

Brooklyn is in need of a Head Coach, GM, and Assistant.

You're in charge. How would you rebuild the Nets (Trade/Draft/FA)

North Yorker
01-24-2016, 02:48 PM
I would go after a system coach and then target FAs that fit that system, and then try to fill out their roster with young players that have had a limited opportunity, sort of like Portland did this past offseason bringing in Ed Davis/Aminu/Harkless/Plumlee/Vonleh.

Get players playing well within the system so that they can either compete for a fringe playoff seed or so they have trade value and trade them for picks.

DanG
01-24-2016, 03:27 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=hay4nka

McDaniels is a promising young player who doesn't get a chance in HOU.

Then go after Whiteside/Horford/Gasol

re-sign JJ, sign Hibbert

Lawson/Jack/Larkin
McDaniels/Bogdanovic
JJ/RHJ
Love/Robinson
Gasol or Whiteside or Horford/Hibbert

Respectable team.

MJNetsIsles
01-24-2016, 03:30 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=hay4nka

McDaniels is a promising young player who doesn't get a chance in HOU.

Then go after Whiteside/Horford/Gasol

re-sign JJ, sign Hibbert

Lawson/Jack/Larkin
McDaniels/Bogdanovic
JJ/RHJ
Love/Robinson
Gasol or Whiteside or Horford/Hibbert

Respectable team.

Kevin Love would be awesome!

I think of the Biggy quote. "Spread Love, It's the Brooklyn way."

MJNetsIsles
01-24-2016, 03:34 PM
Having watched the Nets this year, I'm not a fan of bringing back Joe Johnson or Jarrett Jack.

R. Johnson#3
01-24-2016, 03:57 PM
Trade Lopez for as many picks as you can get.

Chronz
01-24-2016, 03:59 PM
Mortgage the future and trade for aging stars...... oh wait

spreadeagle
01-24-2016, 04:17 PM
Get as many young players/pics you can for Lopez and Thad Young, over pay a big time coach to come there and pray a little bit lol

KnicksorBust
01-24-2016, 04:33 PM
Get as many young players/pics you can for Lopez and Thad Young, over pay a big time coach to come there and pray a little bit lol

I like this idea. Honestly they should just force feed Lopez and make him a 30pppg scorer. Get his value to an all-time high. They need to get back in the draft.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-24-2016, 05:19 PM
Kinda tricky. Depends if they can lure in decent free agents. If they cant then best to eat dead weight contracts from other teams for incentives like future pick or young guys tossed in as sweeteners while eating dead weight. They have no picks for a while since they gave them to Celtics for old guys. So now they are forced to win now as well. So they're in a pickle really. They have almost $40M in cap next summer. So they could try and bring in a few nice pieces to go along with what they got and try and chase 8th seed playoffs right away so the picks they gave to the Celtic be late picks.

Not sure what bad contracts that are out there. Even though league has stretch provision rule so some teams rather just buy out guys and use the stretch instead of the old days of giving up picks to eat dead weight. Other wise I was gonna suggest Nets to eat Wolves center Pek. But they rather use the stretch on him then cough up a pick let alone a couple second rounders. But who knows? Suns may wanna unload Chandler. Maybe they offer up future picks or some other asset? Maybe Morris? Pelicans maybe wanna dump Asik. But not sure what they offer up as a incentive though.

Seems like most the bad contracts are mainly centers. They could maybe start the rebuild this season with Joe Johnson expiring contract. Maybe Gordon and Asik and couple second round picks for Joe Johnson? Maybe Knicks wanna part with Lopez and Calderon and a sweetener for Joe Johnson expiring? Since KP be most likely Knicks future center. Lopez brothers get paired up. Maybe twin towers? They could over pay for a guy like Barnes from Warriors.

Nets could offer up the super max to Conley and see if he leaves the Grizzlies or not. They could put in same offer for DeRozan like Lakers did. They could go after Batum if they miss out on Barnes. Thy could be dirty and offer Clarkson some serious money. He RFA but Lakers reportedly wont match $10M per. Unless that changes. Nets could put in a nice bid for Bazemore since Hawks only have early bird rights on him. If Nets miss out on Conley they could chase after Cavs RFA Dellavedova. Cavs will be in cap hell and probably wont match.

Nets could be spoilers yet again and try and pry away Ezeli from Warriors. Yeah they have Lopez. But could play spoilers and trade someone later on. Nets could pry away Galloway from the Knicks since Knicks only have early bird rights on him. Also could turn into poison pill contract if third year is offered more. Read that in a article just now.

MJNetsIsles
01-24-2016, 05:21 PM
Trade
Brooklyn Nets: PG Jeremy Lin
Charlotte Hornets: SG Bogan Bogdanovic

Brooklyn Nets: C Tyson Chandler
Phoenix Suns: Sergey Karasev, Andrea Bargnani

Free Agency
Brooklyn Nets sign PG Rajon Rondo to a 2 year deal
Brooklyn Nets sign SG Demar Derozan to a 3 year deal
Brooklyn Nets sign SF Harrison Barnes to a 4 year deal
Brooklyn Nets sign SG Lance Stephenson to a 2 year deal
Brooklyn Nets re-sign SF Joe Johnson to a 1 year deal

Head Coach: Blatt
General Manager: Colangelo

PG: Rondo, Lin, Larkin
SG: Derozan, Stephenson, Brown
SF: Barnes, Johnson, Hollis-Jefferson
PF: Young, Robinson, McCullough
C: Lopez, Chandler

Thoughts?

MJNetsIsles
01-24-2016, 06:14 PM
I would flip Thaddeus Young to the Cavaliers for Kevin Love.

Ty22Mitchell
01-24-2016, 08:09 PM
Trade
Brooklyn Nets: PG Jeremy Lin
Charlotte Hornets: SG Bogan Bogdanovic

Brooklyn Nets: C Tyson Chandler
Phoenix Suns: Sergey Karasev, Andrea Bargnani

Free Agency
Brooklyn Nets sign PG Rajon Rondo to a 3 year deal
Brooklyn Nets sign SG Demar Derozan to a 4 year deal
Brooklyn Nets sign SF Harrison Barnes to a 5 year deal
Brooklyn Nets sign SG Lance Stephenson to a 2 year deal
Brooklyn Nets re-sign SF Joe Johnson to a 1 year deal

Head Coach: Blatt
General Manager: Colangelo

PG: Rondo, Lin, Larkin
SG: Derozan, Stephenson, Brown
SF: Barnes, Johnson, Hollis-Jefferson
PF: Young, Robinson, McCullough
C: Lopez, Chandler

Thoughts?

Under normal circumstances I'd hate the plan you outlined, but you hit the nail on the head here. They might as well brake the bank on a few "B level" superstars and hope one of them can can ascend to "A level" status. Max contracts are only four years now anyway. They have no picks for the next three drafts and they need to sell tickets to a reportedly fickle fan base too.

Ty22Mitchell
01-24-2016, 08:10 PM
Mortgage the future and trade for aging stars...... oh wait

literally lol'd.

ManningToTyree
01-24-2016, 11:05 PM
Trade anything and everything for picks and young assets

TheMightyHumph
01-25-2016, 12:35 AM
Hire Thibs, sign cheap youngsters with potential to two-year contracts (2nd season team option), hold capspace for other teams possible emergency trades, or for free agency in '17-'18 season, when all teams won't have so much capspace.

Nets should not overpay any overpriced FA. This team cannot be fixed in one season.

tredigs
01-25-2016, 12:42 AM
I would flip Thaddeus Young to the Cavaliers for Kevin Love.

You realize this is not a rational thought, right?

My advice to a Nets fan is, find a new team to root for. Try back again in 10 years.

MJNetsIsles
01-25-2016, 05:03 AM
You realize this is not a rational thought, right?

My advice to a Nets fan is, find a new team to root for. Try back again in 10 years.

The Cavaliers want to move Kevin Love. Look at the trade rumors.

All I'm saying is that I would build a package around Thaddeus to bring Love to Brooklyn.

MJNetsIsles
01-25-2016, 05:05 AM
Hire Thibs, sign cheap youngsters with potential to two-year contracts (2nd season team option), hold capspace for other teams possible emergency trades, or for free agency in '17-'18 season, when all teams won't have so much capspace.

Nets should not overpay any overpriced FA. This team cannot be fixed in one season.

I agree with this to an extent. They cant be fixed in one season but they can improve a lot.

They have to try because it ruins the draft picks that the Celtics get from the team. That matters.

MJNetsIsles
01-25-2016, 05:07 AM
Brooklyn Nets acquire: PF Kevin Love

Cleveland Cavaliers acquire: PF Thaddeus Young, SG Bogan Bogdanovic, PG Shane Larkin, PF Chris McCullough

It works out perfectly. http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=jr6gttn

LRPG
01-25-2016, 06:42 AM
Alright lets do this semi-realistically lets look at the bright spots they got a scoring capable center in Brook Lopez got some decent players in Thadeus Young and Jarrett Jack and got untapped potential players in Thomas Robinson and Rondae Hollis-Jefferson. Now going to Free Agency we need assets and a coach to fully complement these players. We're not going for a championship but atleast be decent so Boston doesn't get a high draft pick. We got atleast 50 million cap space we need to address weaknesses. Unfortunately I don't how to build a team around an offensive center that can't defend or get rebounds. Not much option...... screw this lets just overpay decent talent then and hope they pan out.

Offseason:
Brandon Jennings 2 Years $24 Million
Ryan Anderson 4 Years $40 Million
Evan Turner 4 Years $35 Million
Kent Bazemore 2 Years $16 Million
Roy Hibbert 3 Years $24 Million

Roster:
PG: Brandon Jennings/ Jarrett Jack
SG: Kent Bazemore/ Bojan Bogdanovic
SF: Evan Turner/ Rondae Hollis-Jefferson
PF: Thadeus Young/ Ryan Anderson/ Thomas Robinson
C: Brook Lopez/ Roy Hibbert/ Andre Bargnani
Coach: David Blatt
Better shape than they are now....... Got a rim protector, decent wing defenders and a scoring point guard to entertain fans? hahaha I give up.....

MJL80
01-25-2016, 08:32 AM
The move to Brooklyn for the Nets and Islanders is clearly not working, just look at the attendance numbers to date. They should move them both back to NJ and LI, where the fans appreciated them more.

HandsOnTheWheel
01-25-2016, 08:56 AM

Cleveland Cavaliers acquire: PF Thaddeus Young, SG Bogan Bogdanovic, PG Shane Larkin, PF Chris McCullough

It works out perfectly. http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=jr6gttn

That's like trading in your old Toyota for a bunch of junkers.

MJNetsIsles
01-25-2016, 09:27 AM
The move to Brooklyn for the Nets and Islanders is clearly not working, just look at the attendance numbers to date. They should move them both back to NJ and LI, where the fans appreciated them more.

Barclays had no problem getting good attendance when the talent was good.

MJNetsIsles
01-25-2016, 09:29 AM

I live in Brooklyn and people here do appreciate them. It takes time.

Both are newly relocated franchises. They will get fans when they win more.

Brooklyn sports fans are die hard. And I mean DIE HARD. We loved the Dodgers.

Kevin Durant is a Jay Z Client for Roc Nation. Jay Z brought the Nets to Brooklyn.

Wouldn't be surprised to see the Nets make a huge pitch to sign him.

Durant will be the center piece that brings other stars to Brooklyn.

MJNetsIsles
01-25-2016, 09:36 AM

It's actually a fair trade. Young, McCullough, Larkin, and Bogdanovic are solid pieces for the Cavaliers.

Kevin Love would be an attraction in Brooklyn. He didnt work with Lebron. But maybe with Durant...

Durant, Love, Lopez. Love coming to Brooklyn means they can sign David Blatt. Also a Cleveland cast off.

Nets would have some money left over. Could see them spending on Brandon Jennings and Eric Gordon.

Jennings, Gordon, Durant, Love, Lopez -- Brooklyn wants to turn it around and we want to win. Solid team.

celticsman2009
01-25-2016, 10:18 AM
Trade your 1st round picks to the Celtics for David Lee.

LanceUpperCut
01-25-2016, 10:44 AM

It's actually a fair trade. Young, McCullough, Larkin, and Bogdanovic are solid pieces for the Cavaliers.

Kevin Love would be an attraction in Brooklyn. He didnt work with Lebron. But maybe with Durant...

Durant, Love, Lopez. Love coming to Brooklyn means they can sign David Blatt. Also a Cleveland cast off.

Nets would have some money left over. Could see them spending on Brandon Jennings and Eric Gordon.

Jennings, Gordon, Durant, Love, Lopez -- Brooklyn wants to turn it around and we want to win. Solid team.

Fair trade? Get real man the Cavs don't want a pile of junk for Love. If they trade him it's gonna be for picks or some legit upside players.

mudvayne387
01-25-2016, 10:47 AM
You have an impatient owner in a big city. Take it from a Knicks fan, there is no easy fix to their issues.

The only reasonable option is to trade Lopez to someone like the Lakers for a package of Randle/Picks.

Trade Young to a fringe contender who need secondary scoring for more picks.

Hire Thibodeau and let him fill in the roster with hustle players on short contracts. Ride out the storm and hope to develop some of the draft picks acquired through trades. Build a system and culture like the Bulls did and stay clear of selfish players in free agency.

Of course none of this will happen because their owner is an idiot and has no idea that building a serious contender is a long process and not an overnight occurrence. Again, Im a Knicks fan so I'm not bashing the Nets because I've felt the same way about my team until Jackson arrived.

mrblisterdundee
01-25-2016, 11:42 AM
The Cavaliers want to move Kevin Love. Look at the trade rumors.

All I'm saying is that I would build a package around Thaddeus to bring Love to Brooklyn.

The Nets don't have the talent to base a trade package for Love around Young. I might inquire about Lopez and a role player (maybe Robinson) to Cleveland for Love and Mozgov.
The Cavaliers can move forward with a front court of Thompson, the defensive stopper and Lopez, a better anchor in the middle who I think will work better in that big three.
The Nets basically get a marquee free agent start rebuilding around, and they don't have to worry about Love trying to bolt for several years. Move Young to small forward, let Joe Johnson expire and try to get the best guard possible in free agency. I wonder, if the Thunder fall apart, would Russell Westbrook ever contemplate being the alpa dog in Brooklyn?

MJNetsIsles
01-25-2016, 03:30 PM
Trade your 1st round picks to the Celtics for David Lee.

Yeah, real funny. You weren't laughing when playing vs. Pierce and Garnett made Boston lose games.

TheMightyHumph
01-25-2016, 03:46 PM
I agree with this to an extent. They cant be fixed in one season but they can improve a lot.

They have to try because it ruins the draft picks that the Celtics get from the team. That matters.

Nets shouldn't cripple themselves further due to mistakes made by Billy King. This isn't about the Celtics, it's about the Nets.

MJNetsIsles
01-25-2016, 03:50 PM
Nets shouldn't cripple themselves further due to mistakes made by Billy King. This isn't about the Celtics, it's about the Nets.

It is about the Celtics. You cant let them get a top pick every year until 2019.

They got one this year. In 2017 and 2018, the Nets will ruin their draft class.

TheMightyHumph
01-25-2016, 03:54 PM
It is about the Celtics. You cant let them get a top pick every year until 2019.

They got one this year. In 2017 and 2018, the Nets will ruin their draft class.

It's about the Nets, not the Celtics.

TrueFan420
01-25-2016, 03:59 PM
Consultant: throw stupid money at Jerry West to leave consulting the Warriors and assist in turning this Franchise in the right direction.
GM: Unsure for now
Coach: David Blatt

Try to make a deal to get Klove from the Cavs.

If Brooks isn't involved in getting Klove move him for picks and or a wing. Throw money at Ezeil next year to come play next to Love to balance out his defensive deficiency. Just a starting point.

ManningToTyree
01-25-2016, 10:55 PM

It works out perfectly. http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=jr6gttn it works out perfectly except that the Cavs don't want a bag of **** for Kegin Love.

Also Durant isn't coming to Brooklyn to play with nobody and with no picks on the horizon with hopes of somebody following him there to team up.

It's hard to be constructive on your threads do to your delusions.

RaginRondo17
01-26-2016, 07:32 AM
Yeah, real funny. You weren't laughing when playing vs. Pierce and Garnett made Boston lose games.

Actually, every reasonable Boston fan I have meet hasn't expected much the past couple seasons and losses don't really bother us when we aren't in the playoff hunt. Give me more odds with the lottery balls.

MJNetsIsles
01-26-2016, 08:10 AM
it works out perfectly except that the Cavs don't want a bag of **** for Kegin Love.

Also Durant isn't coming to Brooklyn to play with nobody and with no picks on the horizon with hopes of somebody following him there to team up.

My delusions? Kevin Durant is a client of Jay Z. The same Jay Z who brought Bball to Brooklyn.

The Nets can easily pull him and Conley in this Offseason.

MJNetsIsles
01-26-2016, 08:13 AM
Young, Larkin, McCullough, and Bogdanovic isnt a bag of *** for the Cavaliers.

Because of economics value where Young + McCullough is close to Love's production.

Larkin and Bogdanovic represent young roster upgrades for the Cavs over JR Smith & Mo Williams.

The trade makes sense and the fact that you don't see it but the NBA Trade Machine does speaks to your delusions.

You have a misunderstanding of economics.

MJNetsIsles
01-26-2016, 08:14 AM
The NETS have 50 Million to spend. They will be much, much improved next season.

mudvayne387
01-26-2016, 08:45 AM
The NETS have 50 Million to spend. They will be much, much improved next season.

Yes because high profile players will be lining up to go play for New York's B team and for an owner who has no business owning an NBA team.

NJDrew2
01-26-2016, 11:18 AM
I don't get why everyone keeps trying to trade the Nets Centers and Power Forwards when those are really the only positions they have filled for the future. Even if they were to trade Thad Young they would likely do it for a guard of some sort and give Chris McCullough some time to audition for the role at power forward. Small forward isn't a top need because Rondae Hollis Jefferson has shown he is capable (except he can't shoot). Lopez always got crap for not rebounding, but he has gotten a lot better at it.
It's pretty easy to see that point guard is the biggest need. When Deron Williams wanted to be a point guard he would get lots of people involved and the offense would have some sort of flow. When he wanted to play hero ball he would look good but everyone else looked like a waste of space out there. And Jack, Larkin, Sloan, and any other point guard they've tried to shuffle out there hasn't done enough to make the offense look even passable.
I hope they don't give Derozan a max deal. He would help make them a playoff team but I don't see him making them championship contenders. Conley makes a lot more sense.

ManningToTyree
01-26-2016, 12:08 PM
it works out perfectly except that the Cavs don't want a bag of **** for Kegin Love.

My delusions? Kevin Durant is a client of Jay Z. The same Jay Z who brought Bball to Brooklyn.

The Nets can easily pull him and Conley in this Offseason. to play with who? He's going to leave the 3rd best team in the league to join arguably the biggest mess in the league for less money then he can make in OKC that's as delusional as it gets.

ManningToTyree
01-26-2016, 12:15 PM
Young, Larkin, McCullough, and Bogdanovic isnt a bag of *** for the Cavaliers.

Because of economics value where Young + McCullough is close to Love's production.

Larkin and Bogdanovic represent young roster upgrades for the Cavs over JR Smith & Mo Williams.

The trade makes sense and the fact that you don't see it but the NBA Trade Machine does speaks to your delusions.

You have a misunderstanding of economics. those aren't upgrades on this planet or the one you are from, sorry.

And just because salaries match in the trade machine doesn't mean the deal makes sense.

Trade machine just allowed me to trade Steph Curry for Aron Baynes and Jodie Meeks...

Oh and J-Z is no longer affiliated with the nets he sold his share (which was minuscule and represented virtually no say as it was.)

Delusions.

MJNetsIsles
01-26-2016, 12:20 PM
Yes because high profile players will be lining up to go play for New York's B team and for an owner who has no business owning an NBA team.

Money talks.

The Nets have Lopez and Young to build around.

Brooklyn is a more populated city than Manhattan, more people.

Brooklyn wont be the B team much longer. Knicks 2 rings in 8 chances. LOL

D-League team in Long Island, State of the art arena, Practice facility in Brooklyn.

That is better than anything the Knicks can offer.

That owner who you said has no business owning an NBA team. He's LOADED.

MJNetsIsles
01-26-2016, 12:22 PM
those aren't upgrades on this planet or the one you are from, sorry.

And just because salaries match in the trade machine doesn't mean the deal makes sense.

Trade machine just allowed me to trade Steph Curry for Aron Baynes and Jodie Meeks...

Oh and J-Z is no longer affiliated with the nets he sold his share (which was minuscule and represented virtually no say as it was.)

Delusions.

Not delusions. You changed the win expectancy of the Warriors terribly.

In my trade the Nets lose the deal by -1 game. The Cavaliers stay the same.

You're a Knicks fan. We will take over the city and you should be a Nets fan if you root for the Mets.

Brooklyn and Queens are both located side by side. You're a traitor.

ManningToTyree
01-26-2016, 12:26 PM
How many rings does BK have again? NY will always be a Knicks town and there's nothing the nets can do about it. Knicks fans aren't relegated to Manhattan . There are still more Knicks fans in BK then there are nets fans. It's like a Knicks home game every time they visit. Meanwhile the Knicks sell out every night. Lol

ManningToTyree
01-26-2016, 12:29 PM
those aren't upgrades on this planet or the one you are from, sorry.

Delusions.

Not delusions. You changed the win expectancy of the Warriors terribly.

In my trade the Nets lose the deal by -1 game. The Cavaliers stay the same.

You're a Knicks fan. We will take over the city and you should be a Nets fan if you root for the Mets.

Brooklyn and Queens are both located side by side. You're a traitor. the Knicks are the NY basketball team. They will always be NYs team. Always. The nets weren't in Bk when my fan hood started not that it would have mattered. Delusions.

MJNetsIsles
01-26-2016, 12:34 PM
Brooklyn has 0 rings. They have been in NYC since 2012.

The Knicks have 2 rings. They've been in NYC since 1946.

mudvayne387
01-26-2016, 12:34 PM
Money talks.

D-League team in Long Island, State of the art arena, Practice facility in Brooklyn.

Money Talks ?

A) There is a salary cap in the NBA
B) Most teams will have cap room with the increase
C) All NBA owners are loaded, hence why they own an NBA team
D) The Nets are 27th in average attendance this season
E) You have Lopez/Young and then a roster that should actually playing for their D league team in Long Island.
F) I've been to the Barclay's center and its on par with about every other new arena/stadium I've been too.

MJNetsIsles
01-26-2016, 12:35 PM
People used to say the Giants would always be NY's Baseball team and then the Yankees came and won 27 rings. The Yankees didnt win their first ring until the 1920's. We are approaching the 2020s's. History repeats itself. Brooklyn, Bronx. They share a station. They have a simple logo. They spend money. A more professional brand.
The Nets will overtake the Knicks.

MJNetsIsles
01-26-2016, 12:38 PM
Money Talks ?

A) There is a salary cap in the NBA
B) Most teams will have cap room with the increase
C) All NBA owners are loaded, hence why they own an NBA team
D) The Nets are 27th in average attendance this season
E) You have Lopez/Young and then a roster that should actually playing for their D league team in Long Island.
F) I've been to the Barclay's center and its on par with about every other new arena/stadium I've been too.

This year is not next year. The Boston Red Sox bought a championship team in 2013.

They had a last place team. Money talks. The Nets can buy their way to the Playoffs.

They will. Brook Lopez and Thaddeus Young is a good core. So is RHJ and McCullough.

Free Agents WILL want to play in New York. A big market basketball city. Brooklyn is prime.

Had they held onto Lionel Hollins, Mike Conley would be a shoe in for the PG position.

If they hire Colangelo as GM, Demar Derozan is going to be the Nets new SG.

MJNetsIsles
01-26-2016, 12:40 PM
The Nets have so many options and so much money.
They will be much improved next season. Can't wait.

Even the Knick wont be as good as the Nets b/c they have too much money invested in scrubs like Robin Lopez and Jose Calderon and Aaron Afflalo for next season, those players will just decline and still pollute payroll.

mudvayne387
01-26-2016, 12:45 PM
This year is not next year. The Boston Red Sox bought a championship team in 2013.

They had a last place team. Money talks. The Nets can buy their way to the Playoffs.

They will. Brook Lopez and Thaddeus Young is a good core. So is RHJ and McCullough.

Free Agents WILL want to play in New York. A big market basketball city. Brooklyn is prime.

Had they held onto Lionel Hollins, Mike Conley would be a shoe in for the PG position.

If they hire Colangelo as GM, Demar Derozan is going to be the Nets new SG.

Sorry bud but you sound like my fellow Knicks fans for the past five years. It just doesn't work out like you think. With no coach, a mediocre core and no set plan you will be in for a long few years.

MJNetsIsles
01-26-2016, 12:50 PM
Sorry bud but you sound like my fellow Knicks fans for the past five years. It just doesn't work out like you think. With no coach, a mediocre core and no set plan you will be in for a long few years.

I see the comparison you're trying to make.

Billy King tanked the franchise giving up all the picks.

Trying to buy a title is what we have to do. (unfortunately)

Ty Fast
01-26-2016, 03:33 PM
Trade 3 1st round picks for Kobe. Seems like a Nets move.

LanceUpperCut
01-26-2016, 03:48 PM
This thread is hilarious. I haven't seen a thread reek of homerism this bad in a long time.

Ty22Mitchell
01-26-2016, 03:50 PM
People used to say the Giants would always be NY's Baseball team and then the Yankees came and won 27 rings. The Yankees didnt win their first ring until the 1920's. We are approaching the 2020s's. History repeats itself. Brooklyn, Bronx. They share a station. They have a simple logo. They spend money. A more professional brand.
The Nets will overtake the Knicks.

Totally agree. It's all about weather the Nets can build a brand that NYC connects with. Branding, Branding, Branding. That's what it's all about.

Do you live in Brooklyn? I know gentrification has changed it significantly, but how does it compare to MSG neighborhoods? Also is there inter-burogh rivalries pertaining sports teams?

TheMightyHumph
01-26-2016, 05:18 PM
Totally agree. It's all about weather the Nets can build a brand that NYC connects with. Branding, Branding, Branding. That's what it's all about.

Do you live in Brooklyn? I know gentrification has changed it significantly, but how does it compare to MSG neighborhoods? Also is there inter-burogh rivalries pertaining sports teams?

MSG neighborhoods are not in the area where MSG is located.

MSG, right now, is sitting above Penn Station, which brings in fans from Nassau and Suffolk neighborhoods.

TheMightyHumph
01-26-2016, 05:25 PM
The Nets have so many options and so much money.
They will be much improved next season. Can't wait.

Even the Knick wont be as good as the Nets b/c they have too much money invested in scrubs like Robin Lopez and Jose Calderon and Aaron Afflalo for next season, those players will just decline and still pollute payroll.

Son, I'm a Nets' fan for over 45 years.

You need to calm down.

BoSox47
01-26-2016, 05:42 PM
Where does everyone think the Brooklyn draft picks will land for 2016-2018?

xxplayerxx23
01-26-2016, 05:42 PM
Money talks.

Affalo-melo-PORZINGIS > anything nets relatedz

B'sCeltsPatsSox
01-26-2016, 05:44 PM
How old is op?

xxplayerxx23
01-26-2016, 05:47 PM
Lol robin Lopez and Aaron Affalo scrubs aha

ManningToTyree
01-26-2016, 06:13 PM
How old is op? I'm hoping no older then 15. He does the same stuff in the mets forum

MJNetsIsles
01-27-2016, 01:05 AM
It's not my problem that you can't understand genius.

MJNetsIsles
01-27-2016, 01:05 AM
Afflalo, Carmelo, Porzingis...

Conley, Durant, Lopez. I'll take Brooklyn.

We have 50 Mil. Call me crazy.

MJNetsIsles
01-27-2016, 01:06 AM
There's a possibility Durant goes to the Knicks. A strong one.
There's a possiblity Conley goes to the Knicks. A strong one.

Either way the Nets have money a new practice facility and options.
The Nets have so many options and can truly rebuild in 1 offseason.

Lil Rhody
01-27-2016, 05:05 PM
Try to convince the celtics to not swap picks

MJNetsIsles
01-27-2016, 11:18 PM
Try to convince the celtics to not swap picks

The Celtics wont want to swap picks with Brooklyn.

Brooklyn will rebuild this offseason and ruin the Celtics 2017-2018 draft.