PDA

View Full Version : Who will coach the East All Stars now that Blat is Fired?

FriedTofuz
01-23-2016, 12:20 AM
No idea at this point. Tyrone lue? lol

kdspurman
01-23-2016, 12:32 AM
LeBron I'm guessing

NYKnickFanatic
01-23-2016, 12:39 AM
LeBron I'm guessing

:laugh2:

More-Than-Most
01-23-2016, 12:49 AM
Steve Kerr... Steve Kerr on one side and whats his name on the other

sf-fanatic
01-23-2016, 12:59 AM
Steve Kerr Vs Luke Walton

pebloemer
01-23-2016, 01:04 AM
I don't really care about the all star game in general, but it is an interesting question. It is supposed to be the coach of the 1st place team in the conference right? In such a case Lue would have to be the representative I guess. Unless the take the coach of the 2nd place team instead based on the circumstances?

valade16
01-23-2016, 01:38 AM
They should still let Blatt coach it. I don't plan on watching the game, but you bet your *** I'd tune in to see that awkward reunion lol

Cal827
01-24-2016, 06:05 AM
Steve Kerr Vs Luke Walton

That's the match up we all want to see :laugh2:

I think that Blatt should still have the option of coaching the all-star team if he wants to.

If he isn't/doesn't want to, I think they would go with Casey (since Lue will have like 6 or 7 games under his belt), especially since the All Star game is in Toronto... have a bunch of people from the Toronto team as possible to appease the city I guess.

Some others deserve consideration (Stevens, Van Gundy especially), but Casey might be the next best coach in the east thus far, surprisingly :speechless: Raptors are the best team in the East vs teams vs .500, and are posting that record despite not having JV and Carroll for chunks of the year.

Scoots
01-24-2016, 02:46 PM
It can't be Kerr by rule. It looks like it may be Walton and Lue.

ewing
01-24-2016, 06:44 PM
They should still let Blatt coach it. I don't plan on watching the game, but you bet your *** I'd tune in to see that awkward reunion lol

that would be so weird. It would definitely get me to watch the start of the game. Milos Raonic (young cool seemingly autistic Candian tennis player) is in the celb game and he said he is taking it seriously so i might tune in for that but otherwise i probably wont watch a thing.

slaker619
01-24-2016, 07:18 PM
Hawks coach?

CHANGO
01-24-2016, 07:20 PM
Cavs coach Lue says Blatt should coach All-Stars

CLEVELAND (AP) New Cavaliers coach Tyronn Lue wants his former boss to be rewarded for what he did this season.

Lue said he would like to see David Blatt, who was fired on Friday by Cleveland despite a 30-11 record this season, coach the Eastern Conference in the All-Star Game next month.

"I talked to (broadcaster and former coach) P.J. Carlesimo about it this morning and I told him I think coach Blatt should coach it," Lue said before making his debut as a head coach Saturday night against Chicago. "The NBA has been trying to work around some different things for the All-Star Game and he's done a great job here. We're first in the East and I think it would be sweet if coach Blatt could coach the All-Star Game one last time."

http://www.nba.com/2016/news/01/23/lue-blatt-all-star-coach.ap/

:D

Scoots
01-24-2016, 08:25 PM
Hawks coach?

Bud can't ... he coached it last year.

Scoots
01-24-2016, 08:27 PM
it would be sweet if coach Blatt could coach the All-Star Game one last time

Lue not only doesn't know that Blatt has never coached the ASG, he's also declaring he won't ever get another chance. :)

aman_13
01-24-2016, 09:59 PM
null

"He's done a great job here"

Yet he was relieved of his duties.

beasted86
01-25-2016, 08:31 AM
Lue not only doesn't know that Blatt has never coached the ASG, he's also declaring he won't ever get another chance. :)

I caught this too, especially the latter part

kdspurman
01-25-2016, 10:35 AM

He really has not been great since taking over in terms of interviewing. Unless he really is just kind of a douche

Tony_Starks
01-25-2016, 11:16 AM
Blatt should coach...

AND play Lebron the entire game.

Petty.

Scoots
01-25-2016, 12:17 PM
Blatt should coach...

Petty.

It looks to me like Bron started the pettiness https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbO_505V3Uo

Tony_Starks
01-25-2016, 12:26 PM
Blatt should coach...

Petty.

It looks to me like Bron started the pettiness https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbO_505V3Uo

Oh Bron totally started it. I was actually glad to see Blatt put out of his misery, it was embarrassing to watch frankly.

kdspurman
01-25-2016, 12:33 PM
Oh Bron totally started it. I was actually glad to see Blatt put out of his misery, it was embarrassing to watch frankly.

So immature & petty of Lebron, if that's why he gave that effort tbh. I hadn't seen that video yet of the blazers game. He honestly looked Harden-esque on many of those possessions.

dalton749
01-25-2016, 12:38 PM
If Casey has more wins than blatt did by that time then he should get it

Scoots
01-25-2016, 12:42 PM
Last edited by kdspurman; Today at 08:27 AM. Reason: please don't embed pictures/videos

Didn't know ... wouldn't have done it if the embed option wasn't there :)

On topic ... the one where LeBron took Blatt's seat on the bench so Blatt's only option to sit was the end of the bench was probably the topper ... and the last straw.

b_russ
01-25-2016, 12:52 PM
The coach of the team with the best record???? I don't think this a looked at in the same light like a player making the team. It's just a guy making substitutions.

kdspurman
01-25-2016, 12:55 PM

On topic ... the one where LeBron took Blatt's seat on the bench so Blatt's only option to sit was the end of the bench was probably the topper ... and the last straw.

No prob man.. Yea I know it's weird having the option there there, but it's in the rules not to. Thanks :)

And yea, there are a handful of things to pick from re: this, but that was the final straw I'm sure. That was the ultimate disrespect, and it's been going on since last year. Blatt will be better off if he can find a younger team, where the players, and more importantly the franchise player(s) will be more respectful.

Scoots
01-25-2016, 12:57 PM
No prob man.. Yea I know it's weird having the option there there, but it's in the rules not to. Thanks :)

And yea, there are a handful of things to pick from re: this, but that was the final straw I'm sure. That was the ultimate disrespect, and it's been going on since last year. Blatt will be better off if he can find a younger team, where the players, and more importantly the franchise player(s) will be more respectful.

But vids in sigs is fine I see :D

Blatt was on his way to sign to be the offensive coordinator for the Warriors before the Cavs offered him the gig. The Warriors are likely to lose their top assistant for the 2nd year in a row when the Lakers hire Walton. The Warriors would be a great landing spot for Blatt.

YAALREADYKNO
01-25-2016, 01:03 PM
Dwayne casey

kdspurman
01-25-2016, 01:06 PM
But vids in sigs is fine I see :D

Blatt was on his way to sign to be the offensive coordinator for the Warriors before the Cavs offered him the gig. The Warriors are likely to lose their top assistant for the 2nd year in a row when the Lakers hire Walton. The Warriors would be a great landing spot for Blatt.

Blatt landing in GS would be great lol.

And yea, sigs are cool for embedding pics/gifs. :)

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?867735-Embedding-images-and-videos

Scoots
01-25-2016, 01:07 PM
Blatt landing in GS would be great lol.

I meant great for Blatt :)

I have no idea who Kerr is going to hire next since his back problem kept him from replacing Gentry's opening on the staff this year which may end up costing the Warriors in the long run. I don't know how Blatt would fit in the Warriors collaborative environment where every voice is heard. :)

diu9leilomo
01-25-2016, 02:16 PM
no brainer, raps gonna take over 1st seed by ASG and casey gonna coach

JWO35
01-25-2016, 02:43 PM
My bet would be on Dwane Casey, with the ASG being in Toronto is the icing on the cake...Blatt wouldn't do it even if the NBA wanted him to IMO.

lamzoka
01-25-2016, 03:13 PM

:laugh: i haven't seen that clip... Im looking for it all over youtube. But just picturing that scenario in my head got me in tears lmao

Sanjay
01-25-2016, 08:20 PM
no brainer, raps gonna take over 1st seed by ASG and casey gonna coach

I agree with Casey coaching the East in the All-Star game, but Blatt is not the reason they are 30-12...

Sanjay
01-25-2016, 08:21 PM
My bet would be on Dwane Casey, with the ASG being in Toronto is the icing on the cake...Blatt wouldn't do it even if the NBA wanted him to IMO.

I would if I was Blatt and play LeBron either 48 or zero minutes lol.

mrblisterdundee
01-26-2016, 12:32 PM
Just put Mike Budenholzer in and call it good.

Scoots
01-26-2016, 01:40 PM
Just put Mike Budenholzer in and call it good.

Bud can't coach the ASG by rule.