PDA

View Full Version : How Good Of A Trio Would Butler, Leonard, and Green Be?

Shammyguy3
01-22-2016, 08:40 PM
If we put Jimmy Butler, Kawhi Leonard, and Draymond Green on the same roster... how would they compare to other all-time trios? Let's assume the play together for at least the next 5 seasons as they're all entering their prime right now.

Secondly - could this trio win a ring together with mediocre PGs and Cs? What is the worst PG/C duo that this threesome could win a ring with in today's NBA?

KnicksorBust
01-22-2016, 08:50 PM
Give them Kelly Olynyk and Dennis Schroeder and they win a title.

valade16
01-22-2016, 08:51 PM
Give them Kelly Olynyk and Dennis Schroeder and they win a title.

Just not Sullinger :laugh2:

5ass
01-22-2016, 09:10 PM
Give them George Hill and Steven Adams and they win a title. Hell, you don't even need a PG TBH lol. You can put an undersized SG there like Avery Bradley. Basically Bradley+Gortat+decent bench. So much versatility between those three.

Chronz
01-22-2016, 09:26 PM
I just creamed

tredigs
01-22-2016, 09:34 PM
They'd be incredible, but they'd need the right PG to help them be a floor spacer (an elite 3pt shooter) and primary ball handler. With that they'd own the NBA.

Dade County
01-22-2016, 09:37 PM
I don't see them winning a title.

But I would like to see that team be put together.

Rio
Kawhi
butler
Green
Joel Anothey (4yrs ago)

DropStepDunk
01-22-2016, 09:51 PM
In todays league they win about 4 Titles. That's a lot.

In the 80's or 90's probably none. I don't see them getting past the Lakers really or the Celtics and especially not the Bulls.

The Rockets would beat them down low with Hakeem and Thorpe.

Bad Boy Pistons probably beat them.

But like I said in todays ear 4 NBA Championships and I'm confident on that answer.

Bostonjorge
01-22-2016, 10:18 PM
Kemba walker and Festus Ezeli

Defense wins championships

North Yorker
01-22-2016, 10:19 PM
3 non-lotto picks to boot.

Anyone else come to mind that was just drafted in the last 2-3 years outside of the lotto that could reach these 3's level?

Bostonjorge
01-22-2016, 10:28 PM

Anyone else come to mind that was just drafted in the last 2-3 years outside of the lotto that could reach these 3's level?

He's paying for the Bucks. The euro guy.

CHANGO
01-22-2016, 10:28 PM
Interesting question, I saw a tweet some time ago talking about "the perfect team" the person who tweeted it (I don't remember) had

PG - don't remember :confused:
SG - Butler
SF - Paul George
PF - Leonard
C - Draymond Green

That team would have the best defense EVER, and also great versatility.

Anyways on topic, that trio would be very good, Butler and Leonard don't demand a lot the ball, they are great slashers and decent spot shooters. Green would be a playmaker. You can add a point guard with good range and great playmaking ability (IMO Mike Conley comes to mind) and TBH they don't need a C with another versatile PF or wing they are set to win 10 championships. :D

Conley
Butler
Leonard
Green
Olynyk (spacing)

DropStepDunk
01-22-2016, 10:49 PM
I just creamed

That's because you're an ugly *** that belongs in the ymca band. You dysfunctional spermcell.

DropStepDunk
01-22-2016, 10:52 PM

Shows you that the entire NBA pretty much has no idea what they're doing in the draft. Shows you that status qua is rarely right in todays world. Which proves my theory that you can't just follow what everyone seems to be saying.