PDA

View Full Version : Who wins the championship? Who do you want to win?

kobe4thewinbang
01-21-2016, 02:41 PM
Season's getting on now, better teams have pulled away, and we've had previews of possible showdowns. Warriors' momentum seems to have calmed due to injuries, Spurs on their heels, Cavs leading the East with everybody else in a toss-up as to who makes the cut come April. Clippers, Thunder, Rockets holding on, Mavericks surprising (me at least), and not too many injuries yet.

Been wondering who people think will win the big one when it's all confetti and bubbly, and who y'all want to see win this year or face off, and who you think might pull the upset or have a good run. If you're still not sure, more than one choice is fine or for each conference.

Mine:

Want to win: Cavaliers
Want LeBron to get that elusive ring for Cleveland, put the past behind.

Second choice: Spurs
Kawhi is coming into his own, and if they win, cool. I hope they top the Warriors en route.

Think will win:
Warriors
If Steph stays healthy, I think they're still the favorite. Splash Bros are unreal in most games, and Draymond is making them even deadlier. Plus Iggy might erupt again.

Make a run/pull an upset:
Thunder
Both stars are healthy, and they can both drop 30.
I'm glad they're in the mix again, but roster needs work.

Make the cut:
Knicks
Horrible last year, and KP & Melo would give NYC some joy.

DanG
01-21-2016, 03:01 PM
Want to win: OKC

Think will win: GSW/SAS

It depends though, WCF might wear these 2 out so CLE has a good chance also.

Teams I'd like to see do well: NYK, IND

mngopher35
01-21-2016, 03:04 PM
I think warriors/Spurs are the most likely to win it all. If I had to narrow it to one today I think I'd go gs but it's close.

I want Cleveland or clippers but not sure how great their chances are (cle is at least in the east).

I also think okc has as good of a chance as either of those two I want, just don't quite feel the same way about them. I still love westy but cp3 needs his title first haha.

Sanjay
01-21-2016, 07:26 PM
I think the Kings' talent gets them to the vacant 8th seed in the Western Conference.

kobe4thewinbang
01-21-2016, 08:14 PM
I think the Kings' talent gets them to the vacant 8th seed in the Western Conference.I've been pulling for them to do just that. They got whooped a few games, but also were neck and neck with elite teams and only lost by a few points. They definitely are better than expected. Rondo is back to form, Cousins beasts every other game it seems and Gay gets hot every so often.

jerellh528
01-21-2016, 08:19 PM
Who will win? Spurs

Who do I want to win? Lakers

NYKalltheway
01-21-2016, 10:09 PM
I'd like to see an outsider win it. Raptors, Hawks, Grizzlies maybe?
From the favorites, I'd prefer the Warriors, tend to have a soft spot for them due to their location.

Knicks hopefully will make the playoffs this season.:cool:

ManningToTyree
01-22-2016, 03:44 AM
Who I want to win: Knicks
Who will win: GSW/Spurs
Make a run/upset: ATL
Make the cut: Utah

More-Than-Most
01-22-2016, 04:28 AM
Who will Win? Warriors
Who I want to Win? Sixers
Who I want to Win that stands a chance?Cavs
Who I feel will Upset the Spurs or Warriors? Clippers

PhillyFaninLA
01-22-2016, 07:05 AM
I'm a Sixers fan, so I want them to win...but they are not near that level yet....any fan that doesn't say there team as who they want to fan, is officially burning there fan card in my opinion.

I'd like to see the Cavs win, well Lebron win....I want Lebron to have the appropriate all time ranking when its all said and done and to shut up those rings and other team accomplishments are the only measure of individual rankings that matter people.

Healthy I do believe it will be the Cavs or Spurs, I don't see a team lead by Westbrook winning a title and you can't count out the Warriors.

KnicksorBust
01-22-2016, 08:53 AM
Season's getting on now, better teams have pulled away, and we've had previews of possible showdowns. Warriors' momentum seems to have calmed due to injuries, Spurs on their heels, Cavs leading the East with everybody else in a toss-up as to who makes the cut come April. Clippers, Thunder, Rockets holding on, Mavericks surprising (me at least), and not too many injuries yet.

Been wondering who people think will win the big one when it's all confetti and bubbly, and who y'all want to see win this year or face off, and who you think might pull the upset or have a good run. If you're still not sure, more than one choice is fine or for each conference.

Mine:

Want to win: Cavaliers
Want LeBron to get that elusive ring for Cleveland, put the past behind.

Second choice: Spurs
Kawhi is coming into his own, and if they win, cool. I hope they top the Warriors en route.

Think will win:
Warriors
If Steph stays healthy, I think they're still the favorite. Splash Bros are unreal in most games, and Draymond is making them even deadlier. Plus Iggy might erupt again.

Make a run/pull an upset:
Thunder
Both stars are healthy, and they can both drop 30.
I'm glad they're in the mix again, but roster needs work.

Make the cut:
Knicks
Horrible last year, and KP & Melo would give NYC some joy.

I've said I think the Warriors are a dynasty so I have to go with them as repeat Champs although now that Kawhi has made the leap the Spurs look as good as ever. Still questioning playoff Aldridge though!!!!

I want the Knicks to make the #7 seed so they have a chance at an upset. :)

kobe4thewinbang
01-22-2016, 09:24 AM
I've said I think the Warriors are a dynasty so I have to go with them as repeat Champs although now that Kawhi has made the leap the Spurs look as good as ever. Still questioning playoff Aldridge though!!!!

I want the Knicks to make the #7 seed so they have a chance at an upset. :)Warriors probably the favorite, with Spurs the most immediate threat. I would be excited for thr Knicks and their fans if that happened. Plus ya never know who gets the #2 seed. And it could be a win for NYK because of matchups and how NBA-ready that Kristaps kid is. Plus Melo should have a good round, and Afflalo might get hot.

kobe4thewinbang
01-22-2016, 09:29 AM
Who will Win? Warriors
Who I want to Win? Sixers
Who I want to Win that stands a chance?Cavs
Who I feel will Upset the Spurs or Warriors? ClippersClippers still can't get over the top but they had that big win streak as did GS, SA and OKC. Plus Pierce in the playoffs, look out, still had it with the Wizards. Resigning Jordan was huge and they got shooters.

Scoots
01-22-2016, 11:08 AM
Who I want to win? Warriors
Who I think will win (and as a 30 year Warriors fan I've never been able to say this before)? WARRIORS!
Who I would want to win next? Spurs
Who I want to win the East? ATL
Series I want to watch? Any series with OKC, GSW, or SAS ... and ATL, BOS in the East

I don't think we'll learn much of anything during the remainder of the regular season ... but I don't think the Spurs can beat the Warriors in a series if both are healthy and playing their best.

It's a LOOOOONG time until then though.

mrblisterdundee
01-22-2016, 02:38 PM
Golden State. Chicago.

SanAntonioSpurs23
01-22-2016, 03:21 PM
Who I want to win- Spurs
Who I think will win- Spurs

Who I don't want to win Cavs/Thunder