PDA

View Full Version : Help greatly appreciated - All-Time teams (with a catch)

valade16
01-21-2016, 02:26 PM
So my brother and I are creating this all-time NBA simulation league as something fun to do. We will each pick a team and simulate full NBA seasons (essentially like NBA 2K Dynasty mode but all-time). We are using whatifsports.com as our simulator (simply because that's the only one I know, but if anyone knows a better one please let me know).

The concept is we are creating the all-time team for every team (some are excluded or split up in the interest of fairness), but here is the CATCH: since it's like a real league each player can only appear once.

So for instance, Shaq is on one of the LA Lakers teams and therefore is not on the Orlando Magic team. The criteria I use to determine where each player goes is:

1. Importance to the franchise/individual legacy (is he known more for playing on X team/importance to teams championships or success)
2. Fairness (not having Shaq/Kareem/Wilt on one Lakers team, etc.)
3. Fit
4. Overall ability/salary on simulator (for instance, even though Jameer Nelson may be considered an all-time Magic player, he is not good enough to make a roster overall)

I have most of the teams sorted out but I want to know if fans of specific teams believe these are the most important players for each franchise (or in general, if I have a player on a team you don't believe was known as having been on that team).

Another Note: Outside of George Mikan, Bob Cousy and Bob Pettit I have excluded any players who played primarily in the 50's.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Here are some of the teams I have (if people are genuinely interested in assisting me I will post more (and will post any team upon request):

Portland Trail Blazers:

PG: Damian Lillard | Terry Porter
SG: Clyde Drexler | Brandon Roy
SF: Jerome Kersey | Clifford Robinson
PF: Rasheed Wallace | LaMarcus Aldridge | Sidney Wicks | Maurice Lucas
C: Bill Walton | Arvydas Sabonis

Detroit Pistons:

PG: Isiah Thomas | Chauncey Billups | Dave Bing
SG: Joe Dumars | Richard Hamilton | Vinnie Johnson
SF: Grant Hill | Tayshaun Prince
PF: Ben Wallace*
C: Bob Lanier | Bill Laimbeer | Andre Drummond

Seattle Supersonics (I have split up Seattle/OKC):

PG: Gary Payton | Gus Williams | Nate McMillian
SG: Dale Ellis | Brent Barry | Freddie Brown
SF: Detlef Schrempf | Xavier McDaniel
PF: Shawn Kemp | Spencer Haywood
C: Jack Sikma | Michael Cage

New York Knicks:

PG: Walt Frazier | Mark Jackson
SG: Earl Monroe | Allan Houston | John Starks
SF: Bernard King | Bill Bradley | Carmelo Anthony
PF: Willis Reed* | Dave DeBusschere
C: Patrick Ewing | Charles Oakley*

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I have several guys I'm not sure where to place. Thanks.

YOUGOTAGETUP
01-21-2016, 03:05 PM
NICE, I like the way you made the teams

Terry Porter was better than Lillard
Sprewell might be on the Knicks
Anthony Mason is known as one of the best Knicks ever
McDaniel was better than Schrempf
Maybe Mark Jackson was more of a Pacer

valade16
01-21-2016, 03:22 PM
NICE, I like the way you made the teams

Terry Porter was better than Lillard
Sprewell might be on the Knicks
Anthony Mason is known as one of the best Knicks ever
McDaniel was better than Schrempf
Maybe Mark Jackson was more of a Pacer

Porter/Lillard is a very close comparison.

Sprewell could be on the Knicks (one of my favorite teams ever was the Ewing/Sprewell/Houston Knicks) but I have him on Minnesota because A. They don't have very many good all-time players so I needed him there for fairness and B. He was an integral part of their only WCF run.

Mark Jackson was extremely tough. He played 7 seasons with NY (500 games, 433 starting), 6 with Indy (405 games, 390 starting) though way more playoff games for Indiana (74 to 42). The tie-breaker for me was that he was born in NY and went to St. John's.

If I move Mark Jackson to Indiana, who would be another PG that is considered an all-time Knick? If I move Jackson to Indiana I could then put Mason on NY because Mason, while a great NY player, is not nearly as important all-time to the Knicks as Ewing/Oakley/Reed/DeBusschere. Maybe over Melo?

valade16
01-21-2016, 03:25 PM
For context here are the Minnesota and Indiana teams:

Minnesota Timberwolves:

PG: Stephon Marbury | Sam Cassell
SG: Latrell Sprewell | Tony Campbell | Isiah Rider
SF: Wally Szczerbiak | Sam Mitchell | Andrew Wiggins
PF: Kevin Garnett | Kevin Love | Tom Gugliotta
C: Christian Laettner

I have Doug West as a possibility (Hawkeye, if you're listening, am I even close?)

Indiana Pacers:

PG: Vern Fleming | Don Buse
SG: Reggie Miller | Freddie Lewis
SF: Roger Brown | Paul George | Billy Knight
PF: George McGinnis | Jermaine O'Neal | Dale Davis
C: Mel Daniels | Rik Smits

Jalen Rose maybe?

YOUGOTAGETUP
01-21-2016, 03:52 PM
For context here are the Minnesota and Indiana teams:

Minnesota Timberwolves:

PG: Stephon Marbury | Sam Cassell
SG: Latrell Sprewell | Tony Campbell | Isiah Rider
SF: Wally Szczerbiak | Sam Mitchell | Andrew Wiggins
C: Christian Laettner

I have Doug West as a possibility (Hawkeye, if you're listening, am I even close?)

Indiana Pacers:

PG: Vern Fleming | Don Buse
SG: Reggie Miller | Freddie Lewis
SF: Roger Brown | Paul George | Billy Knight
PF: George McGinnis | Jermaine O'Neal | Dale Davis

Jalen Rose maybe?

yeah, that's better. New York needs Mark Jackson
Also Minnesota really needs Sprewell and this is where I see the most extreme example of the fairness rule. Because really Latrell was a Knick or Warrior

tredigs
01-21-2016, 04:09 PM
Here would be my choices as Warriors for you:

PG: Steph Curry / Tim Hardaway (more of a Warrior than Heat player imo. Played there 'til he was almost 30)

SG: Klay Thompson / Monta Ellis

SF: Rick Barry / Chris Mullin / Paul Arizin

PF: Draymond Green / David Lee

C: Wilt Chamberlain or Nate Thurmond

Depends what team you'll stick Wilt on. His first 5 seasons until he was 27 were with the Warriors franchise (2 in San Francisco) and he averaged 42/25 (5 scoring titles + 4 rebound titles).

valade16
01-21-2016, 04:12 PM
yeah, that's better. New York needs Mark Jackson
Also Minnesota really needs Sprewell and this is where I see the most extreme example of the fairness rule. Because really Latrell was a Knick or Warrior

I agree, when you think of Sprewell you generally think of the Dubs or Knicks, but in terms of importance to those team's histories, he may actually be higher on the Timberwolves all-time list. He was an integral part of the only Minnesota team to ever make it out of the 1st round of the playoffs. Compared to his impact on the Warriors (where he wasn't part of any of their top teams historically) or the Knicks, where although he was a part of their 00 Finals team, the Knicks have made 7 other Finals (although 3 in the 50's) and have won 2, so his importance to the Knicks legacy is less than his to the Timberwolves if that makes sense.

I also had to do a similar thing to Kareem. Although he is obviously known for his time with the Lakers, he was apart of Milwaukee's only championship and the Lakers are so stacked anyway, he is on Milwaukee.

Sanjay
01-21-2016, 07:16 PM
So my brother and I are creating this all-time NBA simulation league as something fun to do. We will each pick a team and simulate full NBA seasons (essentially like NBA 2K Dynasty mode but all-time). We are using whatifsports.com as our simulator (simply because that's the only one I know, but if anyone knows a better one please let me know).

The concept is we are creating the all-time team for every team (some are excluded or split up in the interest of fairness), but here is the CATCH: since it's like a real league each player can only appear once.

So for instance, Shaq is on one of the LA Lakers teams and therefore is not on the Orlando Magic team. The criteria I use to determine where each player goes is:

1. Importance to the franchise/individual legacy (is he known more for playing on X team/importance to teams championships or success)
2. Fairness (not having Shaq/Kareem/Wilt on one Lakers team, etc.)
3. Fit
4. Overall ability/salary on simulator (for instance, even though Jameer Nelson may be considered an all-time Magic player, he is not good enough to make a roster overall)

I have most of the teams sorted out but I want to know if fans of specific teams believe these are the most important players for each franchise (or in general, if I have a player on a team you don't believe was known as having been on that team).

Another Note: Outside of George Mikan, Bob Cousy and Bob Pettit I have excluded any players who played primarily in the 50's.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Here are some of the teams I have (if people are genuinely interested in assisting me I will post more (and will post any team upon request):

Portland Trail Blazers:

PG: Damian Lillard | Terry Porter
SG: Clyde Drexler | Brandon Roy
SF: Jerome Kersey | Clifford Robinson
PF: Rasheed Wallace | LaMarcus Aldridge | Sidney Wicks | Maurice Lucas

Detroit Pistons:

PF: Ben Wallace*
C: Bob Lanier | Bill Laimbeer | Andre Drummond

Seattle Supersonics (I have split up Seattle/OKC):

PG: Gary Payton | Gus Williams | Nate McMillian
SG: Dale Ellis | Brent Barry | Freddie Brown

New York Knicks:

PG: Walt Frazier | Mark Jackson
SF: Bernard King | Bill Bradley | Carmelo Anthony
PF: Willis Reed* | Dave DeBusschere
C: Patrick Ewing | Charles Oakley*

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I have several guys I'm not sure where to place. Thanks.

Interesting game. Could you post the Lakers and Celtics teams?

Chronz
01-21-2016, 07:19 PM
I do this with my 2K too. My friend (Pacers fan) says you need to include MJ with the Pacers given that the Knicks have so many guards to run with.

Also put Trenton Hassel for the Twolves above Mitchel, dude really clamped down on Melo that one year.

Lakers + Giants
01-21-2016, 07:28 PM
Lakers

Magic / West / Goodrich
Kobe / Cooper / Eddie Jones
Baylor / Worthy
Gasol / Odom
Shaq / Mikan

was leaning Kareem at C but it would be more interesting to have him on the bucks.

valade16
01-21-2016, 07:34 PM
Interesting game. Could you post the Lakers and Celtics teams?

Absolutely. For both the Lakers and Celtics, since they're so stacked, I split them up into two teams. So Lakers Gold is Magic based and Lakers Purple is Kobe based.

As I mentioned Kareem, because he was the main star for the only Milwaukee championship, is on that team. I have two plans to 'make it up' to LA.

1. Sort of cheat and create Lew Alcindor for Milwaukee and KAJ for LA

2. Put Chamberlain on LA (since Philly has Moses Malone and GS has Nate Thurmond)

Right now the teams are:

LA Lakers Gold

PG: Magic Johnson | Norm Nixon
SG: Byron Scott | Gail Goodrich | Michael Cooper
SF: Elgin Baylor | Jamaal Wilkes
PF: James Worthy | A.C. Green | Kurt Rambis
C: Wilt Chamberlain | Mychal Thompson

LA Lakers Purple

PG: Jerry West | Derek Fisher | Nick Van Exel
SG: Kobe Bryant | Archie Clark
SF: Lamar Odom | Ron Artest
PF: Pau Gasol | Happy Hairston
C: Shaq | Andrew Bynum | George Mikan

Could swap Baylor and West, but I thought these were better fits (what do you think)?

valade16
01-21-2016, 07:43 PM
Here would be my choices as Warriors for you:

PG: Steph Curry / Tim Hardaway (more of a Warrior than Heat player imo. Played there 'til he was almost 30)

SG: Klay Thompson / Monta Ellis

SF: Rick Barry / Chris Mullin / Paul Arizin

PF: Draymond Green / David Lee

C: Wilt Chamberlain or Nate Thurmond

Depends what team you'll stick Wilt on. His first 5 seasons until he was 27 were with the Warriors franchise (2 in San Francisco) and he averaged 42/25 (5 scoring titles + 4 rebound titles).

I have Bron on Cleveland (obviously and they'd be atrocious without him). To compensate I have Tim on Miami (since they don't have an all-timestarting caliber PG otherwise and GS has Curry).

I listed why I have Wilt on LA (and it makes GS almost too good with him).

My GS team is currently:

PG: Curry | Sleepy Floyd
SG: Chris Mullin | Ellis | Klay
SF: Rick Barry | Richardson | Jeff Mullins
PF: Draymond Green | David Lee
C: Nate Thurmond | Barry Carroll

I put Mullin at the 2 so both he and Barry could start.

Another possibility is Purvis Short. I did not put Arizin in there because he was primarily in the 50's (only exceptions are Mikan, Cousy, Pettit).

Any improvements given the limitations I listed?

ewing
01-21-2016, 07:47 PM
Porter/Lillard is a very close comparison.

Sprewell could be on the Knicks (one of my favorite teams ever was the Ewing/Sprewell/Houston Knicks) but I have him on Minnesota because A. They don't have very many good all-time players so I needed him there for fairness and B. He was an integral part of their only WCF run.

Mark Jackson was extremely tough. He played 7 seasons with NY (500 games, 433 starting), 6 with Indy (405 games, 390 starting) though way more playoff games for Indiana (74 to 42). The tie-breaker for me was that he was born in NY and went to St. John's.

If I move Mark Jackson to Indiana, who would be another PG that is considered an all-time Knick? If I move Jackson to Indiana I could then put Mason on NY because Mason, while a great NY player, is not nearly as important all-time to the Knicks as Ewing/Oakley/Reed/DeBusschere. Maybe over Melo?

a little before my time but Micheal Ray Richardson was a better player then Mark. You could also take Rod Strickland- he's from NY too :)

valade16
01-21-2016, 07:49 PM
I do this with my 2K too. My friend (Pacers fan) says you need to include MJ with the Pacers given that the Knicks have so many guards to run with.

Also put Trenton Hassel for the Twolves above Mitchel, dude really clamped down on Melo that one year.

I'm actually having a tough time with the Clippers.

All of McAdoo, Brand, Griffin and DeAndre are rated very highly on the site. If CP3 is added they have a ton of talent.

I also am making a Charlotte/New Orleans combined team but to do that I'd need CP3 on them or else they'd suck.

Problem is if I put CP3 on NO I have no idea who LAC PG would be, and all their primary talent would play the same position.

My current Clips are:

PG: CP3
SG: Randy Smith
SF: Danny Manning
PF: Blake Griffin
C: Bob McAdoo

Bench: Elton Brand | DeAndre Jordan | Loy Vaught | Charles Smith | Ken Norman | Chris Kaman | Correy Maggette | Jamal Crawford

Crawford IDK but he did win 6MOY there.

Any suggestions/improvements? Any PGs outside CP3?

valade16
01-21-2016, 07:53 PM
a little before my time but Micheal Ray Richardson was a better player then Mark. You could also take Rod Strickland- he's from NY too :)

Strickland is on the Washington Bullets. I could put Ray Richardson on NY and move Mark Jackson to Indy and take out Don Buse.

Thanks!

Redrum187
01-21-2016, 07:58 PM
San Antonio Spurs

PG: Tony Parker - Alvin Robertson
SG: George Gervin - Manu Ginobili
SF: Kawhi Leonard - Bruce Bowen
PF: Tim Duncan - Larry Kenon
C: David Robinson - Artis Gilmore

That team is beast...

Lakers + Giants
01-21-2016, 08:02 PM
Eric Piatkowski has to be on the clips roster.

Redrum187
01-21-2016, 08:08 PM
I was trying to do one for the Mavericks, but they suck...

PG: Jason Kidd - Derek Harper
SG: Michael Finley - Jason Terry
SF: Mark Aquirre - Rolando Blackman
PF: Dirk Nowitzki - Sam Perkins
C: Erick Dampier - Shawn Bradley

I look at their players and have no idea how the Mavericks were able to accomplish so much with so little. Answer: Dirk Nowitzki

valade16
01-21-2016, 08:10 PM
San Antonio Spurs

PG: Tony Parker - Alvin Robertson
SG: George Gervin - Manu Ginobili
SF: Kawhi Leonard - Bruce Bowen
PF: Tim Duncan - Larry Kenon
C: David Robinson - Artis Gilmore

That team is beast...

Gilmore is on the Bulls...

The SA team is:

PG Tony Parker | James Silas | Avery Johnson
SG George Gervin | Manu Ginobili | Alvin Robertson
SF Kawhi Leonard | Sean Elliott | Bruce Bowen
PF Tim Duncan | Larry Kenon
C David Robinson

valade16
01-21-2016, 08:11 PM
Eric Piatkowski has to be on the clips roster.

As a joke lol? Seriously though, swap out Jamal Crawford for him you think?

valade16
01-21-2016, 08:13 PM

I look at their players and have no idea how the Mavericks were able to accomplish so much with so little. Answer: Dirk Nowitzki

Kidd is on the Nets and Nash on the Suns

Dallas is:

PG Derek Harper | Brad Davis
SG Michael Finley | Ronaldo Blackman | Jason Terry
SF Mark Aguirre | Jamal Mashburn | Josh Howard
PF Dirk | Sam Perkins
C James Donaldson | Tyson Chandler

They are among the worst teams in the game lol

valade16
01-21-2016, 08:18 PM
To explain a little more, there are certain teams that are like 'boss level' teams that are too good so we can't pick them.

We can't be the Bulls, Celtics, 76ers or Lakers.

Teams that are almost too stacked to be are the Warriors, Suns, Bucks, and Pistons.

KnicksorBust
01-21-2016, 08:57 PM

Why would you use Dampier and not Tyson Chandler?

Redrum187
01-21-2016, 09:39 PM
Gilmore is on the Bulls...

The SA team is:

PG Tony Parker | James Silas | Avery Johnson
SG George Gervin | Manu Ginobili | Alvin Robertson
SF Kawhi Leonard | Sean Elliott | Bruce Bowen
PF Tim Duncan | Larry Kenon
C David Robinson

Robertson > Silas =p

Hell, I'd start Robertson over Parker just to have 4 DPOY caliber players. lol

Redrum187
01-21-2016, 09:41 PM
Why would you use Dampier and not Tyson Chandler?

Tyson has only played 2 seasons with the Mavericks. I wouldn't be opposed to it, but he is more of a Bulls/Hornet than a Mavericks in my mind.

The Bulls are stacked with talent... maybe they take Chandler and give the Mavericks Rodman (he played a whopping 12 games for them lol).

valade16
01-21-2016, 09:41 PM
Robertson > Silas =p

Hell, I'd start Robertson over Parker just to have 4 DPOY caliber players. lol

I'm more concerned with ensuring the correct 12 players are on the roster and I'll do the depth charts from there.

Redrum187
01-21-2016, 09:46 PM
Kidd is on the Nets and Nash on the Suns

Dallas is:

PG Derek Harper | Brad Davis
SG Michael Finley | Ronaldo Blackman | Jason Terry
SF Mark Aguirre | Jamal Mashburn | Josh Howard
PF Dirk | Sam Perkins
C James Donaldson | Tyson Chandler

They are among the worst teams in the game lol

Jesus that team sucks. Tyson played more seasons in NO, NY, and CHI. He only played 2 non consecutive years for the Mavericks. lol

Redrum187
01-21-2016, 09:48 PM
Sorry, still thinking about the Spurs team... Imagine a line up of:

PG: Alvin Robertson
SG: Bruce Bowen
SF: Kawhi Leonard
PF: Tim Duncan
C: David Robinson

Opposing teams would average 8 points a quarter.

valade16
01-21-2016, 09:50 PM
Jesus that team sucks. Tyson played more seasons in NO, NY, and CHI. He only played 2 non consecutive years for the Mavericks. lol

That he did, but I put him on Dallas for several reasons

1. They really needed the help lol

2. He was an integral piece to their only championship

3. NO already has a ton of big men like Anthony Davis, Anthony Mason, David West, PJ Brown and Elden Campbell.

4. Chicago already has Artis Gilmore, Bob Love, Joakim Noah and Dennis Rodman

5. NY already has Ewing, Reed, DeBusschere and Oakley

valade16
01-21-2016, 09:55 PM
Sorry, still thinking about the Spurs team... Imagine a line up of:

PG: Alvin Robertson
SG: Bruce Bowen
SF: Kawhi Leonard
PF: Tim Duncan

Opposing teams would average 8 points a quarter.

Lol, if I had Rodman on the Pistons they'd be pretty good too:

Chauncey
Dumars
Rodman
Big Ben
Laimbeer

And that leaves Isiah, Hill, and Bob Lanier on the bench lol

Redrum187
01-21-2016, 10:05 PM
Lol, if I had Rodman on the Pistons they'd be pretty good too:

Chauncey
Dumars
Rodman
Big Ben
Laimbeer

And that leaves Isiah, Hill, and Bob Lanier on the bench lol

Yeah that would be sick defensively. Their offense would be pretty bad though. The Spurs would rape on defense and offense.

Redrum187
01-21-2016, 10:07 PM
That he did, but I put him on Dallas for several reasons

1. They really needed the help lol

2. He was an integral piece to their only championship

3. NO already has a ton of big men like Anthony Davis, Anthony Mason, David West, PJ Brown and Elden Campbell.

4. Chicago already has Artis Gilmore, Bob Love, Joakim Noah and Dennis Rodman

5. NY already has Ewing, Reed, DeBusschere and Oakley

If it was to help the Mavericks, then give them Jason Kidd. They drafted him, they traded for him then won a championship with him, and he played more games for them than the Nets. Give the Nets Devin Harris as a replacement. They did chant, "Thank you Cuban!" lol

The 2011 Maverick Championship team would beat the all time Maverick team. =/ lol

valade16
01-21-2016, 10:10 PM
If it was to help the Mavericks, then give them Jason Kidd. They drafted him, they traded for him then won a championship with him, and he's played more games for them than the Nets.

The 2011 Maverick Championship team would destroy the all time Maverick team. =/ lol

Can't, Kidd is on the Nets (otherwise they'll suck).

Nets are:

PG Jason Kidd | Deron Williams | Kenny Anderson
SG Vince Carter | Drazen Petrovic | Kerry Kittles
SF Richard Jefferson | Kendall Gill
PF Buck Williams | Kenyon Martin
C Derrick Coleman | Brook Lopez

valade16
02-06-2016, 03:40 PM
I apologize for the long post in advance, but these are the edited teams. I am essentially finalized. I only have to split Los Angeles at this point so unless someone has an idea too good to pass up (such as Redrum's idea to put Rodman on the Mavs to help them) these will be the teams. Here is the Eastern Conference:

Atlanta Hawks
PG: Mookie Blaylock | Lenny Wilkens | Doc Rivers
SG: Joe Johnson | Lou Hudson
SF: Dominique Wilkins | Cliff Hagan | Josh Smith
PF: Bob Pettit | Kevin Willis
C: Al Horford | Tree Rollins

Chicago Bulls
PG: Derrick Rose | Norm Van Lier | Steve Kerr
SG: Michael Jordan | Jimmy Butler | Jerry Sloan
SF: Scottie Pippen | Chet Walker
PF: Bob Love | Toni Kukoc
C: Artis Gilmore | Joakim Noah

Cleveland Cavaliers:
PG: Mark Price | Kyrie Irving | Terrell Brandon
SG: Ron Harper | World B. Free | Austin Carr
SF: LeBron James | Campy Russell
PF: Larry Nance | Hot Rod Williams
C: Brad Daugherty | Zydrunas Ilgauskas

Detroit Pistons
PF: Ben Wallace | Bill Laimbeer
C: Bob Lanier | Andre Drummond

Indiana Pacers
PG: Mark Jackson | Freddie Lewis
SG: Reggie Miller | Billy Knight
SF: Paul George | Roger Brown | Danny Granger
PF: Jermaine O'Neal | George McGinnis | Dale Davis

Miami Heat
PG: Tim Hardaway | Sherman Douglas
SG: Dwayne Wade | Eddie Jones
SF: Glen Rice | Steve Smith
PF: Chris Bosh | Udonis Haslem | Grant Long
C: Alonzo Mourning | Rony Seikaly | Udonis Haslem

Milwaukee Bucks
PG: Sidney Moncrief | Brian Winters
SG: Ray Allen | Michael Redd | Jon McGlocklin
SF: Marques Johnson | Bob Dandridge | Glenn Robinson
PF: Terry Cummings | Vin Baker
C: Kareem Abdul-Jabbar | Andre Bogut

New Jersey Nets
PG: Jason Kidd | Michael Ray Richardson | Deron Williams
SG: Vince Carter | Drazen Petrovic | Kerry Kittles
SF: Richard Jefferson | Kendall Gill
PF: Buck Williams | Kenyon Martin
C: Derrick Coleman | Brook Lopez

New York Knicks
PG: Walt Frazier
SF: Bernard King | Larry Johnson | Bill Bradley
PF: Willis Reed | Charles Oakley | Dave DeBusschere
C: Patrick Ewing | Anthony Mason

Orlando Magic
PG: Penny Hardaway | Scott Skiles | Darrell Armstrong
SG: Tracy McGrady | Nick Anderson
SF: Dennis Scott | Hedo Turkoglu
PF: Horace Grant | Rashard Lewis | Bo Outlaw
C: Dwight Howard | Nikola Vucevic

Philadelphia 76ers
PG: Maurice Cheeks | Hal Greer
SG: Allen Iverson | Hersey Hawkins | Doug Collins | Andrew Toney
SF: Dr. J | Andre Iguodala
PF: Bobby Jones | Billy Cunningham
C: Wilt Chamberlain | Theo Ratliff

Washington Bullets
PG: Gilbert Arenas | John Wall | Rod Strickland
SG: Phil Chenier | Jeff Malone
SF: Antawn Jamison | Gus Johnson | Greg Ballard
PF: Elvin Hayes | Juwan Howard
C: Wes Unseld | Walt Bellamy

Boston Celtics (Green)
PG: Dennis Johnson | Kenny Anderson | Rajon Rondo
SG: Paul Pierce | Danny Ainge | Dee Brown
SF: Larry Bird | Cedric Maxwell
PF: Kevin McHale | Antoine Walker
C: Robert Parish | Kendrick Perkins

Boston Celtics (White)
PG: Tiny Archibald | Bob Cousy | JoJo White
SG: Sam Jones | Reggie Lewis
SF: John Havlicek | Tom Heinsohn | Don Nelson
PF: Dave Cowens | Paul Silas
C: Bill Russell | Bailey Howell

valade16
02-06-2016, 04:01 PM
Here's the Western Conference:

PG: Derek Harper | Brad Davis
SG: Michael Finley | Jason Terry | Rolando Blackman
SF: Mark Aguirre | Jamaal Mashburn | Josh Howard
PF: Dirk Nowitzki | Dennis Rodman (will get starters minutes at 3/4)
C: Tyson Chandler | Sam Perkins

Denver Nuggets
PG: Fat Lever | Andre Miller
SG: David Thompson | Ralph Simpson
SF: Alex English | Kiki Vandeweghe | Byron Beck
PF: Carmelo Anthony | Dan Issel | Antonio McDyess
C: Dikembe Mutombo | Marcus Camby

Golden State Warriors
PG: Steph Curry | Baron Davis
SG: Klay Thompson | Monta Ellis | Jason Richardson
SF: Rick Barry | Chris Mullin | Paul Arizin
C: Nate Thurmond | Joe Barry Carroll

Houston Rockets
PG: Steve Francis | Calvin Murphy | Kenny Smith
SG: Vernon Maxwell | Cuttino Mobley
SF: Rudy Tomjanovich | Robert Horry
PF: Hakeem Olajuwan | Ralph Sampson | Otis Thorpe
C: Moses Malone | Yao Ming

Los Angeles Clippers:
PG: Chris Paul
SG: Randy Smith | Correy Maggette
SF: Danny Manning | Charles Smith | Ken Norman
PF: Blake Griffin | Elton Brand | Loy Vaught
C: Bob McAdoo | DeAndre Jordan | Chris Kaman

Minnesota Timberwolves
PG: Sam Cassell | Stephon Marbury
SG: Latrell Sprewell | Tony Campbell
SF: Wally Szczerbiak | Sam Mitchell
C: Anthony Davis | Christian Laettner

I put AD on Minny because they aren't very good overall, there is no NO team and they deserve a good young stud big since Karl Anthony-Towns isn't on the simulator.

Oklahoma City Grizzlies
PG: Russell Westbrook | Mike Conley
SG: James Harden | Tony Allen | Mike Miller
SF: Kevin Durant | Rudy Gay | Jeff Green
PF: Serge Ibaka | Zach Randolph | Shareef Abdur-Rahim
C: Marc Gasol

Phoenix Suns
PG: Steve Nash | Kevin Johnson | Paul Westphal
SG: Dan Majerle | Dick Van Arsdale | Walter Davis
SF: Shawn Marion | Connie Hawkins
PF: Charles Barkley | Tom Chambers
C: Amare Stoudemire | Alvan Adams

Portland Trailblazers
PG: Terry Porter | Damian Lillard
SG: Clyde Drexler
SF: Brandon Roy | Jerome Kersey | Clifford Robinson
PF: Rasheed Wallace | LaMarcus Aldridge | Maurice Lucas | Sidney Wicks

Sacramento Kings
PG: Big O | Mike Bibby | Jason Williams
SG: Mitch Richmond | Reggie Theus
SF: Peja Stojakovic | Doug Christie
PF: Chris Webber | Jerry Lucas
C: Vlade Divac | DeMarcus Cousins | Sam Lacey

San Antonio Spurs
PG: Tony Parker | Alvin Robertson | James Silas | Avery Johnson
SG: George Gervin | Manu Ginobili
SF: Kawhi Leonard | Sean Elliott | Bruce Bowen
PF: Tim Duncan | Larry Kenon

Seattle Supersonics
PG: Gary Payton | Gus Williams | Nate McMillan
SG: Dale Ellis | Freddie Brown | Brent Barry

Utah Jazz
PG: John Stockton | Rickey Green
SG: Pete Maravich | Jeff Hornacek | Darrell Griffith
SF: Adrian Dantley | AK47 | Thurl Bailey
PF: Karl Malone | Carlos Boozer | Paul Millsap
C: Mark Eaton

Ironman5219
02-06-2016, 04:09 PM
Utah Jazz
John Stockton, D-will
Pistol pete, Jeff Honaseck, D. Griffith, Ron Boon
A. Dantley, Gordon Hayward, Andre Kiralinko
Karl Malone, Derek Favors, Carlos Boozer
M. Eaton, Gobert, Okur
I may have some of the positions mixed up but that would be my top 15

valade16
02-06-2016, 04:42 PM
Utah Jazz
John Stockton, D-will
Pistol pete, Jeff Honaseck, D. Griffith, Ron Boon
A. Dantley, Gordon Hayward, Andre Kiralinko
Karl Malone, Derek Favors, Carlos Boozer
M. Eaton, Gobert, Okur
I may have some of the positions mixed up but that would be my top 15

I can only have 12, but I added Deron Williams and Gobert and removed Thurl Bailey and Rickey.

Thanks for the help.

KnicksorBust
02-06-2016, 09:35 PM
Here's the Western Conference:

PG: Derek Harper | Brad Davis
SG: Michael Finley | Jason Terry | Rolando Blackman
SF: Mark Aguirre | Jamaal Mashburn | Josh Howard
PF: Dirk Nowitzki | Dennis Rodman (will get starters minutes at 3/4)
C: Tyson Chandler | Sam Perkins

Denver Nuggets
PG: Fat Lever | Andre Miller
SG: David Thompson | Ralph Simpson
SF: Alex English | Kiki Vandeweghe | Byron Beck
PF: Carmelo Anthony | Dan Issel | Antonio McDyess
C: Dikembe Mutombo | Marcus Camby

Golden State Warriors
PG: Steph Curry | Baron Davis
SG: Klay Thompson | Monta Ellis | Jason Richardson
SF: Rick Barry | Chris Mullin | Paul Arizin
C: Nate Thurmond | Joe Barry Carroll

Houston Rockets
PG: Steve Francis | Calvin Murphy | Kenny Smith
SG: Vernon Maxwell | Cuttino Mobley
SF: Rudy Tomjanovich | Robert Horry
PF: Hakeem Olajuwan | Ralph Sampson | Otis Thorpe
C: Moses Malone | Yao Ming

Los Angeles Clippers:
PG: Chris Paul
SG: Randy Smith | Correy Maggette
SF: Danny Manning | Charles Smith | Ken Norman
PF: Blake Griffin | Elton Brand | Loy Vaught
C: Bob McAdoo | DeAndre Jordan | Chris Kaman

Minnesota Timberwolves
PG: Sam Cassell | Stephon Marbury
SG: Latrell Sprewell | Tony Campbell
SF: Wally Szczerbiak | Sam Mitchell
C: Anthony Davis | Christian Laettner

I put AD on Minny because they aren't very good overall, there is no NO team and they deserve a good young stud big since Karl Anthony-Towns isn't on the simulator.

Oklahoma City Grizzlies
PG: Russell Westbrook | Mike Conley
SG: James Harden | Tony Allen | Mike Miller
SF: Kevin Durant | Rudy Gay | Jeff Green
PF: Serge Ibaka | Zach Randolph | Shareef Abdur-Rahim
C: Marc Gasol

Phoenix Suns
PG: Steve Nash | Kevin Johnson | Paul Westphal
SG: Dan Majerle | Dick Van Arsdale | Walter Davis
SF: Shawn Marion | Connie Hawkins
PF: Charles Barkley | Tom Chambers
C: Amare Stoudemire | Alvan Adams

Portland Trailblazers
PG: Terry Porter | Damian Lillard
SG: Clyde Drexler
SF: Brandon Roy | Jerome Kersey | Clifford Robinson
PF: Rasheed Wallace | LaMarcus Aldridge | Maurice Lucas | Sidney Wicks

Sacramento Kings
PG: Big O | Mike Bibby | Jason Williams
SG: Mitch Richmond | Reggie Theus
SF: Peja Stojakovic | Doug Christie
PF: Chris Webber | Jerry Lucas
C: Vlade Divac | DeMarcus Cousins | Sam Lacey

San Antonio Spurs
PG: Tony Parker | Alvin Robertson | James Silas | Avery Johnson
SG: George Gervin | Manu Ginobili
SF: Kawhi Leonard | Sean Elliott | Bruce Bowen
PF: Tim Duncan | Larry Kenon

Seattle Supersonics
PG: Gary Payton | Gus Williams | Nate McMillan
SG: Dale Ellis | Freddie Brown | Brent Barry

Utah Jazz
PG: John Stockton | Rickey Green
SG: Pete Maravich | Jeff Hornacek | Darrell Griffith
SF: Adrian Dantley | AK47 | Thurl Bailey
PF: Karl Malone | Carlos Boozer | Paul Millsap
C: Mark Eaton

It seems criminal to bench Mullin and start Klay.

valade16
02-06-2016, 09:58 PM
It seems criminal to bench Mullin and start Klay.

Yes it does! Thanks for the catch. I compiled all the rosters by their position on the simulator and then moved them to make better lineups but obviously I missed some (in my defense it was a lot of staring at spreadsheets of names and positions).

I'll move him to starting SG. I loved Mullin, I actually emulated his shooting form.

I think they're one of the better teams on there (even without Wilt).