PDA

View Full Version : The What If Warriors vs. The Reigning Championship Warriors

NetsPaint
01-20-2016, 04:01 PM
I don't have a lot of knowledge of the '90s Warriors, but an article (don't remember if the one I'm linking to is the same one) I read a few years ago makes this an interesting topic.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/757838-golden-state-warriors-hardaway-webber-and-the-90s-super-team-that-never-was

Sprewell, Tim Hardaway, Webber, Mullin, etc.

How do you think they would match up against the current champion team? Was there enough depth? How was the coaching?

On paper that what if team could have been great.

valade16
01-20-2016, 04:35 PM
It's an intriguing what if however this Warrior team would blow that one away.

Ironically that team would likely fair better in todays small ball NBA where Webber wouldn't have to go against centers on a nightly basis.

kdspurman
01-20-2016, 04:39 PM
I'd be more interested in the "we believe" warriors against this warriors squad

BigBuckley
01-20-2016, 07:11 PM
I'd be more interested in the "we believe" warriors against this warriors squad

THIS RIGHT HERE MAYNE. The we believe warriors could take anyone out in a single series (then get beat the next). Baron Davis was raining fire from three and doing everything, Ellis was prime Ellising and you had JRich and SJax holding down the wing, etc. Against this Warriors team with Curry, Draymond, Thompson? Would be a hell of a series.

tredigs
01-20-2016, 11:57 PM
The We Believe squad was all passion, pace and offensive firepower. I loved them and they brought me back to actually caring about the Warriors passionately again since my youth watching Run TMC then Webber, etc, but they'd get annihilated by this squad. They truly sucked defensively, but they had the right gameplan to gang defend Dirk and throw him off enough to be able to take that team out with their pace on the other end. Webber with the Warriors would have been a better match, but really no match at all either if we're being honest and I'm throwing nostalgia out the door.

Either way, though, both of those series would be great TV.

Also, "Warriors Forum"? ...

Scoots
01-21-2016, 12:44 AM
Having seen almost every game since the late 80s (the ones on TV anyhow), it was health and coaching that let that what if team down. The We Believe team would be run out of the gym. They specifically matched up well with Dallas but were just barely above average otherwise.

More-Than-Most
01-21-2016, 12:59 AM
This Warriors team would go toe to toe with the Jordan bulls teams pretty easily... That being said they would wipe the floor with the we believe team

People look at this offensive fire power on this team but negate just how sick this team is defensively.

asandhu23
01-21-2016, 03:01 AM
The knock on the We Believe team is the defense obviously. Don Nelson didn't care much about that. On the offense end, it's a shootout.

Wrigheyes4MVP
01-21-2016, 03:05 AM
A better question is how will this year's Warriors team fair against this year's Spurs team?

asandhu23
01-21-2016, 03:11 AM
A better question is how will this year's Warriors team fair against this year's Spurs team?

It'll be a battle of titans. The old guard vs the new.