-Durant/Green/Leonard
-Cousins

cmellofan15
01-18-2016, 03:05 PM
MVP: Curry
Defensive Player of the Year: Leonard
Rookie of the Year: Towns
6th man of the Year: Oladipo
Most Improved:...Curry? :shrug: (not sure he can get both lol)
Coach of the Year: Walton

All NBA 1st Team
-Curry
-Westbrook
-Leonard
-LeBron
-Drummond

tredigs
01-18-2016, 03:05 PM
Who are your award winners half-way through the NBA Season

MVP:
Defensive Player of the Year:
Rookie of the Year:
6th man of the Year:
Most Improved:
Coach of the Year:

All NBA 1st Team
-
-
-
-
-

MVP is Curry.

DPOY: Kawhi with Draymond behind him. Same as last season.

ROY: Towns with KP behind him.

MIP: CJ

COY: Pop

All NBA 1st Team:

Curry
Westbrook
Lebron
Kawhi
Draymond

I don't really know how I can leave off Durant, but I think Lebron and Kawhi have him edged right now.

Vincent
01-18-2016, 03:33 PM
MVP: Co-MVP Curry and Co-MVP Kawhli Leonard
Defensive Player of the Year: Draymond Green
Rookie of the Year: Karl-Anthony Towns
6th man of the Year: Will Barton
Most Improved: CJ McCollum
Coach of the Year: Luke Walton/Steve Kerr

All NBA 1st Team
- Steph Curry
- Jimmy Butler
- LeBron James
- Kawhli Leonard
- Andre Drummond

DR_1
01-18-2016, 03:40 PM
Defensive Player of the Year: Leonard
Rookie of the Year: Towns
6th man of the Year: Oladipo
Most Improved:...Curry? :shrug: (not sure he can get both lol)
Coach of the Year: Walton

All NBA 1st Team
-Curry
-Westbrook
-Leonard
-LeBron
-Drummond

Wow I agree with everything here :)

FraziersKnicks
01-18-2016, 04:05 PM
MVP: Steph Curry
DPOY: Kawhi Leonard
ROY: Karl-Anthony Towns
6MOY: Will Barton or Ryan Anderson
MIP: CJ McCollum
COTY: Gregg Popovich

1st team:

G: Steph Curry
G: Russell Westbrook
F: Kawhi Leonard
F: LeBron James
C: DeMarcus Cousins

2nd team:

G: Chris Paul
G: Jimmy Butler
F: Kevin Durant
F: Draymond Green
C: Andre Drummond

3rd team:

G: Kyle Lowry
G: James Harden
F: Paul George
F: Anthony Davis
C: Hassan Whiteside

cmellofan15
01-18-2016, 04:35 PM
Wow I agree with everything here :)

:cheers:

does anyone know the current format for all nba? does it have to be g/g/f/f/c or is the c interchangeable with another forward? I've looked at the past rosters and all of them in recent years contain centers on first team (even when there have been forwards clearly better, ie: D12)

tredigs
01-18-2016, 04:45 PM
:cheers:

does anyone know the current format for all nba? does it have to be g/g/f/f/c or is the c interchangeable with another forward? I've looked at the past rosters and all of them in recent years contain centers on first team (even when there have been forwards clearly better, ie: D12)

It's GG FF C, so you can't have Durant as the center, but you could have Draymond Green. And I do think Draymond has been the best player of anyone spending time at center. Deserving of All NBA 1st Team right now.

CELTICS4LYFE
01-18-2016, 05:19 PM
Most improved - Jae Crowdah?

Or is that just my green glasses again lol

JWO35
01-18-2016, 06:38 PM

No doubt he's in the discussion IMO...

tredigs
01-18-2016, 06:51 PM
Unless Drummond was the leagues most dominant defender, I really can't see an argument for him as an All NBA 1st teamer. The dude has a 50% TS%. That's unbelievably poor, especially for a guy who doesn't take shots outside the paint (clogs the lane). Great rebounder. Really nothing else that could be considered All NBA level at this point.

ewing
01-18-2016, 06:59 PM

I think it is more about opportunity with him though he has improved his jump shot. I loved the signing and think he is a hell of a player. I think CJ is a great pick and on my Knicks Lance Thomas is a guy that deserves a mention. He put on a lot of muscle can defend most spots on the floor and really improved his shooting.

mrblisterdundee
01-18-2016, 07:12 PM
MVP: Stephen Curry
Defensive Player of the Year: Kawhi Leonard
Rookie of the Year: Karl Anthony Towns
6th man of the Year: Will Barton
Most Improved: C.J. McCollum
Coach of the Year: Luke Walton

All-NBA 1st Team: Stephen Curry, Russell Westbrook, Kevin Durant, LeBron James, Andre Drummond
All-NBA 2nd Team: Chris Paul, Jimmy Butler, Kawhi Leonard, Paul George, DeMarcus Cousins
All-NBA 3rd Team: Kyle Lowry, James Harden, Draymond Green, Anthony Davis, Hassan Whiteside

Is it just me, or would my All-NBA second team totally lock down my first team?

LOb0
01-18-2016, 07:52 PM

He kinda showed he was legit last year. Besides CJ's been better.

valade16
01-18-2016, 08:13 PM
Unless Drummond was the leagues most dominant defender, I really can't see an argument for him as an All NBA 1st teamer. The dude has a 50% TS%. That's unbelievably poor, especially for a guy who doesn't take shots outside the paint (clogs the lane). Great rebounder. Really nothing else that could be considered All NBA level at this point.

The TS% has little to do with his inside shooting. His FG% is 52%, within 3ft it's 62%.

His TS% is so bad because he is an atrocious FT shooter (35%) and teams are simply fouling him all the time because of it (.487 FT rate).

tredigs
01-18-2016, 08:37 PM
The TS% has little to do with his inside shooting. His FG% is 52%, within 3ft it's 62%.

His TS% is so bad because he is an atrocious FT shooter (35%) and teams are simply fouling him all the time because of it (.487 FT rate).
He's a massive/athletic human. His FG% within 3 feet is going to be over 60% lol. Deandre Jordan's FG% within 3 feet is 77%. Hell even Curry's is 69%. 62% in that range is not particularly impressive at all. And yes, I realize his FT's are why his TS% is so porous, and it is a MAJOR deficiency. And it's going to be exploited in the playoffs big time. 37% FT shooting = .74 PPP. That's a huge incentive for a team to foul him relentlessly. Even throwing out the FT's, his eFG% ranks outside the top 30 for players scoring 10+ PPG. Oh, and has exactly 0 playmaking ability. Essentially, outside of offensive rebounding, he is a complete sieve/detriment on that side of the floor. That's not the makings of All NBA 1st team. Leaving Draymond out of it, what would his case be over Cousins? Drummond's the 2nd best player on slightly over .500 team btw. I mean, I like him as a player, but if people are talking about him in an All NBA 1st team light, the breaks need to be pumped.

Hawkeye15
01-18-2016, 11:30 PM

that is why TS% matters. He is a liability in the scoring column at the end of the day.

Stunner
01-19-2016, 12:23 AM
Will Barton over Oladipo for 6th man , especially with Ola back in the starting lineup

bootsy
01-19-2016, 01:30 AM
Karl-Anthony Towns ROY did I miss something? WTF. No he isn't.

tredigs
01-19-2016, 02:10 AM

Unless you live in NYC and are a crazy homer, I can't imagine how someone could write off Towns as at the VERY least a 1b to the award (and honestly that's just if you ignore all stats).

Knicks Boogie
01-19-2016, 10:25 AM
MVP: Draymond Green (nobody on GS thrives without him creating open shots)

DPOY: Whiteside (protecting the paint is key to winning with so many good guards that get to the rim)

ROY: Kristaps Porzingis (Towns/Okafor are good post players but KP's all around game is like A.Davis)

6th man: Will Barton / I. Thomas

Most Improved: CJM, Will Barton, Jae Crowder and Lance Thomas

Coach of the Year: Pop (Because none of his players are in any of the categories above, but team is great)

All NBA 1st team: Curry, Harden, LBJ, Draymond Green and Boogie Cousins (who would beat them?)

valade16
01-19-2016, 11:20 AM
He's a massive/athletic human. His FG% within 3 feet is going to be over 60% lol. Deandre Jordan's FG% within 3 feet is 77%. Hell even Curry's is 69%. 62% in that range is not particularly impressive at all. And yes, I realize his FT's are why his TS% is so porous, and it is a MAJOR deficiency. And it's going to be exploited in the playoffs big time. 37% FT shooting = .74 PPP. That's a huge incentive for a team to foul him relentlessly. Even throwing out the FT's, his eFG% ranks outside the top 30 for players scoring 10+ PPG. Oh, and has exactly 0 playmaking ability. Essentially, outside of offensive rebounding, he is a complete sieve/detriment on that side of the floor. That's not the makings of All NBA 1st team. Leaving Draymond out of it, what would his case be over Cousins? Drummond's the 2nd best player on slightly over .500 team btw. I mean, I like him as a player, but if people are talking about him in an All NBA 1st team light, the breaks need to be pumped.

I probably should have clarified, no way should Drummond be All-NBA first team. I was just pointing out the main impediment to him having a respectable TS% is his abysmal FTs.

Hawkeye15
01-19-2016, 11:44 AM

15+/9+/1.7 with a PER of 21+, as a rookie. Go find the last rookie to do this (hint, it's a really short list)

Towns is absolutely the ROY if the season ended today.

cmellofan15
01-19-2016, 03:12 PM
It's GG FF C, so you can't have Durant as the center, but you could have Draymond Green. And I do think Draymond has been the best player of anyone spending time at center. Deserving of All NBA 1st Team right now.

knowing this Draymond would be on my first team. would you put Drummond over Cousins on the second team though?

tredigs
01-19-2016, 04:06 PM
knowing this Draymond would be on my first team. would you put Drummond over Cousins on the second team though?

I really need to watch more of the Pistons games this year to get a better gauge of if/how much his D has improved. The Kings I watch a decent bit, and while Cousins has his faults, he's been pretty damn solid again (they're a .500 team with him on the floor, which is respectable enough). Gotta start considering D. Howard also if this recent tear he's on is going to have legs.

valade16
01-19-2016, 06:03 PM
The fact that one of Drummond or Cousins is going to get the 2nd team All-NBA is proof we should just make the All-NBA team the 5 best players.

1st Team: Curry, Kawhi, Bron, KD, Westbrook.

2nd Team: Draymond, CP3, PG, debatable, debatable.

tredigs
01-19-2016, 06:56 PM
The fact that one of Drummond or Cousins is going to get the 2nd team All-NBA is proof we should just make the All-NBA team the 5 best players.

1st Team: Curry, Kawhi, Bron, KD, Westbrook.

2nd Team: Draymond, CP3, PG, debatable, debatable.
Yeah, gotta agree there on just making it the 5 best players. But since it's tradition they likely won't change that any time soon if ever.

PG still a lock for 2nd team you think? I actually don't think he's been very good since his hot start. I mean, has he been better than Jimmy Butler or Lowry? I'd probably say no at this point.

valade16
01-19-2016, 07:01 PM
Yeah, gotta agree there on just making it the 5 best players. But since it's tradition they likely won't change that any time soon if ever.

PG still a lock for 2nd team you think? I actually don't think he's been very good since his hot start. I mean, has he been better than Jimmy Butler or Lowry? I'd probably say no at this point.

Funny you threw those two out there as those were the 2 I was considering putting for the last 2 2nd team spots but figured people wouldn't all agree they belonged.

PG has certainly cooled down, though he's still carrying a sub-par Indy squad. He very well could drop, and Harden seems to be playing better so he could move up.

Lakers + Giants
01-19-2016, 07:08 PM
Defensive Player of the Year: Kawhi
Rookie of the Year: KAT
6th man of the Year: Z-Bo
Most Improved: CJ McCollum
Coach of the Year: Pop (Luke isn't getting the Ws, and im not giving it to kerr if he isn't coaching)

All NBA 1st Team

Curry
George
Kawhi
Lebron
Draymond

IDGAF about positions, those are imo the top 5 players so far this year.

Sanjay
01-19-2016, 07:09 PM
Who are your award winners half-way through the NBA Season

MVP:
Defensive Player of the Year:
Rookie of the Year:
6th man of the Year:
Most Improved:
Coach of the Year:

All NBA 1st Team
-
-