PDA

View Full Version : Dallas could have the best European front court ever

mrblisterdundee
01-17-2016, 04:49 PM
I was looking at trade deadline chatter, and noticed Chicago looking to move Pau Gasol, the second best European NBA player ever. Dallas needs a better center to pair with its aging star Dirk Nowitzki, the greatest European ever.
For the love of all that is holy, can we get those guys on the same team? They're not perfect, but their styles work next to each other, they're both so damn talented and they both have championship experience. Pau's passing would work great in Dallas' offensive system, kicking out to all those shooters.

nycericanguy
01-17-2016, 05:05 PM
well with Noah out for the year, I doubt CHI moves Pau now. Trading Pau would be throwing in the towel for the year, and how can they do that when they are #3 in the east?

Raps18-19 Champ
01-17-2016, 05:17 PM
What about Pau Gasol and Baby Gasol in Memphis?

Blink
01-17-2016, 05:44 PM
Dallas or Memphis.

Gander13SM
01-17-2016, 06:09 PM
Trade Parsons for Batum.

Done.

IndyRealist
01-17-2016, 06:15 PM
Trade Parsons for Batum.

Done.

I doubt Rich Cho does that.

mrblisterdundee
01-17-2016, 07:42 PM
I doubt Rich Cho does that.

Yeah; there's a better chance of Nikola Mirotic going to Dallas with Pau.

DavidGrant
01-17-2016, 07:51 PM
Sacramento is looking to trade half their rosters. I think the Bulls are looking to get Cousins.

Corey
01-17-2016, 08:33 PM
Sacramento is looking to trade half their rosters. I think the Bulls are looking to get Cousins.

Fans think trading for Cousins is easier than it actually is.

Wade n Fade
01-17-2016, 09:28 PM
Just want to throw this out there, teams can make better offers for Pau than Dallas. Toronto has a bevy of picks and young players to offer. Ross, Wright, Powell, Cabocolo, Knicks/Nuggets first to name a few.

Redrum187
01-18-2016, 05:19 AM
PG: Deron Williams
SG: Wesley Matthews
SF: Chandler Parsons
PF: Dirk Nowitzki
C: Pau Gasol

That would be an interesting starting 5. They would have perfect spacing and passing and Carlisle is making them play respectable defense this year.

DboneG
01-18-2016, 02:04 PM

That's a horrible line up. NO DEFENSE! Dirk is on the soft side all ready. Dallas has done a decent job of surrounding Dirk with what I call pitbulls...(tougher players). Dirk, Pau and Chandler is a no-no! Deron is a head case...Westley don't seem like he's back from his injury.

No D Pau is overrated.

YAALREADYKNO
01-18-2016, 02:38 PM

That's a horrible line up. NO DEFENSE! Dirk is on the soft side all ready. Dallas has done a decent job of surrounding Dirk with what I call pitbulls...(tougher players). Dirk, Pau and Chandler is a no-no! Deron is a head case...Westley don't seem like he's back from his injury.

No D Pau is overrated.

Dirk is old. Gasol wouldn't make much of a difference cause they're still not beating OKC, GS, or SA but it'd be an interesting move

Chacarron
01-18-2016, 02:41 PM
Fans think trading for Cousins is easier than it actually is.

Only because Divac is clueless as a GM.

http://nba.nbcsports.com/2016/01/15/report-kings-vlade-divac-not-returning-calls-from-other-gms/

DboneG
01-18-2016, 04:28 PM
Dirk is old. Gasol wouldn't make much of a difference cause they're still not beating OKC, GS, or SA but it'd be an interesting move

I agree! It would be interesting. Dallas will not beat OKC, SA, or GS in the playoffs. UNLESS, Dirk finds something in him like the 201011 Dallas Mavericks season. Which is a stretch....not going to happen.

Stunner
01-18-2016, 07:19 PM
Just want to throw this out there, teams can make better offers for Pau than Dallas. Toronto has a bevy of picks and young players to offer. Ross, Wright, Powell, Cabocolo, Knicks/Nuggets first to name a few.

I wouldn't mind

Biyombo / James Johnson / Cabocolo and nuggets 1st for Pau and Snell ?

Quinnsanity
01-19-2016, 01:42 AM
Has anyone in this thread talked about Zaza yet? Because Zaza has been GREAT for them relative to what they expected. There's no need to give up what limited assets Dallas might have for what honestly amounts to a pretty meager immediate return considering how well Zaza has played. They wouldn't stand a chance against the top 3 in the west with or without Pau.

IndyRealist
01-19-2016, 10:08 AM
Has anyone in this thread talked about Zaza yet? Because Zaza has been GREAT for them relative to what they expected. There's no need to give up what limited assets Dallas might have for what honestly amounts to a pretty meager immediate return considering how well Zaza has played. They wouldn't stand a chance against the top 3 in the west with or without Pau.

Pachulia's always been an underappreciated workhorse.