PDA

View Full Version : Kings offered Gordon and Gee for Gay

ewing
01-16-2016, 09:57 AM
http://basketball.******.com/wiretap/240457/Kings-Have-Been-Offered-Eric-Gordon-Alonzo-Gee-For-Rudy-Gay

thoughts? Do you think they can get something done? I've never been a Rudy fan but i do think he would fir well in NO.

R. Johnson#3
01-16-2016, 10:14 AM
Rudy doesn't fit well anywhere.

IndyRealist
01-16-2016, 11:27 AM
Sounds like two desperate teams.

Gander13SM
01-16-2016, 12:00 PM
Rudy has played well in Sac. Not sure why people are so down on him. He's fine if you accept him for what he is and put him into the right system.

Anyway. I think he would be good in New Orleans.

Sly Guy
01-16-2016, 12:04 PM
Rudy has played well in Sac. Not sure why people are so down on him. He's fine if you accept him for what he is and put him into the right system.

this is pretty much spot on.

xbrackattackx
01-16-2016, 12:05 PM

This. Anything to take all the D off of Davis. Holiday/Tyreke/Gay/Anderson/Davis isn't that bad. And Gay is a iron man. He never misses games. If I'm NO I move Gordon and Holiday my two most injury prone athletes. Cause Gordon isn't better then Gay if he's never playing.

JLynn943
01-16-2016, 12:47 PM
New Orleans is the team making the offer if that isn't clear.

I'm glad we've not taken that deal for the time being. Eric Gordon can't stay healthy and Gee is a non-factor on this team. Casspi has played extremely well for the Kings this year, and I'm sure the logic is that we can afford to replace Gay with him and upgrade with Gordon at SG. However, Gay is a better player imo, and he has a great contract with the looming salary cap jump. If we trade him, it should be for more than that.

ewing
01-16-2016, 12:50 PM

I'm glad we've not taken that deal for the time being. Eric Gordon can't stay healthy and Gee is a non-factor on this team. Casspi has played extremely well for the Kings this year, and I'm sure the logic is that we can afford to replace Gay with him and upgrade with Gordon at SG. However, Gay is a better player imo, and he has a great contract with the looming salary cap jump. If we trade him, it should be for more than that.

i agree. I just think he would be a good piece next to AD. NO seems to have AD and a bunch of spar parts.

flea
01-16-2016, 01:01 PM
Rather not have Gay. Frontcourt defense would be an utter mightmare with him, Anderson, and Davis on the court at once - and it's already plenty bad. The SF that would have been best with Davis right now is the one we let go (Aminu). Rather let Gordon expire and draft a SF to grow with Davis, since there are at least 2 great prospects this draft at the position. Gay has 2 years after this one (including his player option) - do not want.

ewing
01-16-2016, 01:15 PM
Rather not have Gay. Frontcourt defense would be an utter mightmare with him, Anderson, and Davis on the court at once - and it's already plenty bad. The SF that would have been best with Davis right now is the one we let go (Aminu). Rather let Gordon expire and draft a SF to grow with Davis, since there are at least 2 great prospects this draft at the position. Gay has 2 years after this one (including his player option) - do not want.

isn't that what Asik is for?

flea
01-16-2016, 01:27 PM
Allegedly but Gentry doesn't like playing him. I guess he can't run enough for the pace he wants to play or he thinks he is just that terrible offensively and doesn't mind being in the league's cellar in defense. Either way, it's clear to me that Davis needs a tougher frontcourt mate so he can float around with his finesse game and hunt blocks/steals. Not a banger and never will be.

ewing
01-16-2016, 02:08 PM
Allegedly but Gentry doesn't like playing him. I guess he can't run enough for the pace he wants to play or he thinks he is just that terrible offensively and doesn't mind being in the league's cellar in defense. Either way, it's clear to me that Davis needs a tougher frontcourt mate so he can float around with his finesse game and hunt blocks/steals. Not a banger and never will be.

i think you should give him the Dirk treatment then and put one in the middle, plus a long athletic 3 like Gay. Even if Omar doesn't change ends great Gay and AD give you two hella long wings that can run, provide space, and fill it up. then when people match down you can move AD to center and not lose much.

flea
01-16-2016, 02:27 PM
Gay has never impressed me defensively. I'd rather hope for Simmons or Ingram or sign someone like Batum with the money we get from letting Gordon get out of town. Signing on for 2 years after this one of Rudy Gay sounds terrible to me, I don't think he is an awful player if your team needs offense but otherwise I'd rather have no part.

Vinny642
01-16-2016, 04:17 PM

Logic is horribly incorrect.
Gordon has been extremely healthy this season
Gay's contract isn't better especially for the team that has Gordon, Gordon's contract is an expiring at like 15 million

Sadds The Gr8
01-16-2016, 04:40 PM
looks like a lose-lose to me.

Raps18-19 Champ
01-16-2016, 04:47 PM
Lateral trade but if I had to choose, I'd pick Rudy over Gordon.

JLynn943
01-16-2016, 07:20 PM
Gay's contract isn't better especially for the team that has Gordon, Gordon's contract is an expiring at like 15 million

I see the bias is as strong as usual.

Why should we ignore Gordon's injury history? Because he hasn't gotten hurt yet? I hear Greg Oden is healthy, too. You don't ignore a history as littered with injuries and missed games as his is.

Contractually I'd rather have the better player whose cap hit is going to be excellent with the cap increase than have to worry about paying (and re-signing in general) a lesser player even more.

Corey
01-16-2016, 10:23 PM
I dont think Gay is a bad player by any means. I dont think he's ever been on a team with a supporting cast that suits his style of play.

Lower his usage, take the ball out of his hands, and see what happens. Him and AD together with Jrue could be interesting.

R. Johnson#3
01-16-2016, 10:41 PM
Gay is a special kind of player. He looks like a good player from afar but you truly don't realize just how bad he is for a team until he's on your team.

Lakers + Giants
01-16-2016, 11:35 PM
I like it way more for NO than I do for Sac. Gordon isn't anything special by anymeans (neither is gay) but he's better than Gordon.

mrblisterdundee
01-17-2016, 03:09 AM
http://basketball.******.com/wiretap/240457/Kings-Have-Been-Offered-Eric-Gordon-Alonzo-Gee-For-Rudy-Gay

thoughts? Do you think they can get something done? I've never been a Rudy fan but i do think he would fir well in NO.

A lot of people get down on Rudy Gay, but I don't think that is enough for him. If I were Sacramento, I'd push for a deal including Ryan Anderson. If New Orleans wants Gay to take the heat off Anthony Davis, then let Anderson take the heat off of DeMarcus Cousins.

ewing
01-20-2016, 04:24 PM

very healthy very healthy

http://basketball.******.com/wiretap/240486/Eric-Gordon-To-Miss-4-6-Weeks-With-Surgery-On-Fractured-Finger