PDA

View Full Version : Which teams need to use the trade dead line to head in a new direction?

JasonJohnHorn
01-14-2016, 10:45 PM
There are some teams who have been building or rebuilding for a while with little progress.

Which of these teams needs to start heading in a new direction before the trade deadline?

The Kings? It just seems like DMC can be the centerpiece for a winner. Is it time to move him? Try to swing him and Rudy Gay ofr Klay and Bogut or somebody? Get a player with range? (not that GSW would necessarily want that).

Is it time for Phoenix to move on from the Morris debacle? I mean, he's really not even that good.

The Bucks were riding high last year, but now seem to be sinking fast. Time to move on from Monroe already? Might the Lakers be interested in moving Hibbert?

Denver? Utah?

What teams and scenarios do you think would help any of these middling teams enter the playoff picture?

Cal827
01-14-2016, 10:52 PM
Bulls. Drop Rose, and give the Keys to Butler alone :laugh2:

Kyben36
01-14-2016, 11:15 PM
i actually agree with Cal, Jimmy is the only guy on that team right now, the rest is moveable assets for help for him. god, its sad, but jimmy is soo good. and there is no help for him.

LanceUpperCut
01-14-2016, 11:16 PM
Gasol's not to shappy

LOb0
01-15-2016, 12:08 AM
OKC has to make a trade if they want to be contenders. Clippers I'm unsure a trade could fix their issues but they should try.

lmao did you suggest Rudy for Klay? Kings have major defensive issues, it feels more like an effort issue than trading players.

Lakers + Giants
01-15-2016, 12:17 AM
Anybody interested in Lou Will, Hibbert, Swaggy P or Bass?

NYKnickFanatic
01-15-2016, 12:32 AM

Give ya a 2nd rounder for Louuuu.

Vincent
01-15-2016, 12:36 AM
Chicago Bulls, but it's not involving Rose because that contract is most likely untradable.

One or two of the bigs needs to be move, Taj/Noah/Gasol/Mirotic

LOb0
01-15-2016, 12:42 AM

LOL Nope. lmao Hibbert is such trash. I understand why Indiana gave him away for free.

mrblisterdundee
01-15-2016, 02:02 AM
Bulls. Drop Rose, and give the Keys to Butler alone :laugh2:
Chicago's front court is it's most moveable asset. How about Nikola Mirotic, Pau Gasol, Bobby Portis and Chicago's first round pick this year from Sacramento for DeMarcus Cousins?

Yanks All Day
01-15-2016, 10:25 AM
Unpopular opinion: Oklahoma City. I know, I know. "Why would anyone ever trade Westbrook or Durant? That's stupid!" The bottom line is that they haven't been to the Finals since 2012 and play in the same conference as the Warriors and Spurs, who are set to compete for years. They're also comparable to the Clippers, who can certainly beat them in a 7 game series. They're not constructed to win, and in reality they haven't been constructed to win, despite how badly people want to believe they will. I'd pick one of the two to build around and flip the other for a ton of assets. Balance the team out a little more so it's not just a 2-man show.

Logical choice: Chicago Bulls. Derrick Rose is unreliable, and that's being nice. They're going no where as currently constructed. Build around Butler. He's one of the 2 best 2-way players in the league. Don't waste it. Get him a reliable 3 point shooter and a point guard who can handle an 82 game schedule. He's their next franchise cornerstone. They can't spoil it by insisting Derrick Rose is still an MVP type player when he can't stay on the court.

Team that should really consider it: Memphis Grizzlies. Building around Gasol and Randolph make for regular season success and a tough "out" in the playoffs, but they're not winning anything with a team like that. In my opinion, they need real top-level talent on the wings. Mike Conley is a good start. But Courtney Lee and Mario Chalmers are backups. Memphis should look to re-build it's entire back court. Or else it's forever a 5/6 seed in the West and a 2nd round exit.

Tony_Starks
01-15-2016, 11:34 AM
Bulls is the obvious choice. Not Rose, some sort of Noah package. He's just being squandered at this point.

Houston needs to move on from Dwight. He steps it up come playoff time but it still won't be enough to get them over the hump. Get some good value now before the summer comes and he starts changing his mind every 5 minutes.

NO needs a shakeup. Package Gordon and Anderson......

2-ONE-5
01-15-2016, 12:10 PM
Colangelo and Hinkie recently hinted at some big moves coming soon. Either way you can be sure the Sixers will be heavily involved at the deadline one way or another.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-15-2016, 12:20 PM
There are some teams who have been building or rebuilding for a while with little progress.

Which of these teams needs to start heading in a new direction before the trade deadline?

The Kings? It just seems like DMC can be the centerpiece for a winner. Is it time to move him? Try to swing him and Rudy Gay ofr Klay and Bogut or somebody? Get a player with range? (not that GSW would necessarily want that).

Is it time for Phoenix to move on from the Morris debacle? I mean, he's really not even that good.

The Bucks were riding high last year, but now seem to be sinking fast. Time to move on from Monroe already? Might the Lakers be interested in moving Hibbert?

Denver? Utah?

What teams and scenarios do you think would help any of these middling teams enter the playoff picture?

I doubt my Bucks move on from Monroe already. Since on off the court we be horrible with Monroe gone. We be scoring nothing. Also doesn't look good to sign a free agent then turn around and trade them. Heck I know when Granger sign with Miami and they traded him right away to Suns for Dragic. He was ticked off. So players and agents watch out for some teams when they sign players and flip them same season. Bucks not losing enough to be high lottery. We're like #9 lottery right now. Forgot how many games out from 8th seed playoffs. I'm sure a nice 5 game winning streak bump us up fast. But not sure what we give up to win now fast. East is so deep for the playoff race.

True Sports Fan
01-15-2016, 01:47 PM
Kings aren't trading Boogie, especially not for a Klay and Bogut while throwing in Gay

kozelkid
01-15-2016, 05:52 PM
Chicago's front court is it's most moveable asset. How about Nikola Mirotic, Pau Gasol, Bobby Portis and Chicago's first round pick this year from Sacramento for DeMarcus Cousins?
As a Bulls fan, I'd love it. But Kings could get a better deal from Boston.

Stunner
01-15-2016, 06:06 PM
Chicago Bulls, but it's not involving Rose because that contract is most likely untradable.

This and I don't feel like moving rose will do us any good . Can't win it all without him , team still goes as far as he will take us dispute Jimmy 's emergence

5ass
01-15-2016, 06:34 PM
This and I don't feel like moving rose will do us any good . Can't win it all without him , team still goes as far as he will take us dispute Jimmy 's emergence

Not if you can get a better PG. The problem is no one is going to want that contract without getting a good asset as well.

leprechaun5
01-15-2016, 11:45 PM
Unpopular opinion: Oklahoma City. I know, I know. "Why would anyone ever trade Westbrook or Durant? That's stupid!" The bottom line is that they haven't been to the Finals since 2012 and play in the same conference as the Warriors and Spurs, who are set to compete for years. They're also comparable to the Clippers, who can certainly beat them in a 7 game series. They're not constructed to win, and in reality they haven't been constructed to win, despite how badly people want to believe they will. I'd pick one of the two to build around and flip the other for a ton of assets. Balance the team out a little more so it's not just a 2-man show.

Logical choice: Chicago Bulls. Derrick Rose is unreliable, and that's being nice. They're going no where as currently constructed. Build around Butler. He's one of the 2 best 2-way players in the league. Don't waste it. Get him a reliable 3 point shooter and a point guard who can handle an 82 game schedule. He's their next franchise cornerstone. They can't spoil it by insisting Derrick Rose is still an MVP type player when he can't stay on the court.

Team that should really consider it: Memphis Grizzlies. Building around Gasol and Randolph make for regular season success and a tough "out" in the playoffs, but they're not winning anything with a team like that. In my opinion, they need real top-level talent on the wings. Mike Conley is a good start. But Courtney Lee and Mario Chalmers are backups. Memphis should look to re-build it's entire back court. Or else it's forever a 5/6 seed in the West and a 2nd round exit.

I agree with this choice. Gasol and Randolph are in decline. They aren't going to win anything with that roster. I would trade everyone for the right price and have a fresh start.

TheBigCheese12
01-16-2016, 01:01 AM
The Suns but their owner and FO is a joke.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-16-2016, 08:22 AM
Bucks with another win. Reeling in for playoff hunt now. Wouldn't be shocked we did a win now trade of Martin or whatever.

JasonJohnHorn
01-16-2016, 10:15 AM
OKC has to make a trade if they want to be contenders. Clippers I'm unsure a trade could fix their issues but they should try.

lmao did you suggest Rudy for Klay? Kings have major defensive issues, it feels more like an effort issue than trading players.

It was Gay for Klay, it was DMC and Gay for Klay and Bogut.

JasonJohnHorn
01-16-2016, 10:17 AM

It will be a good contract to have next year. It is expiring and could be used in a trade that would allow them to bring in a big talent during a fire sale.

JasonJohnHorn
01-16-2016, 10:23 AM

They haven't been to the finals due to injuries.

As to the Spurs competing for years. they have this year for sure. After that, there is not telling where Duncan will be, or where Parker and Manu will be. None of them are the players they were, and none will be as good next year, if they are even still playing next year.

The Thunder have a great young core.
I'm not oppose to them trading a guy like West if they were getting somebody like CP3 back with a sharp shooter, but it'd have to be a really good return.