PDA

View Full Version : Favorite announcers

ewing
01-14-2016, 03:15 PM
Who do like to hear call a game?

DanG
01-14-2016, 03:52 PM
Mike Breen, JVG and Mark Jackson.

I can't stand Reggie Miller, Marv Albert, Hubie Brown, Kevin Harlan.

As for the teams I like:

Lakers
Knicks
Warriors
Heat
Clippers (Ralph is a legend)

I don't like:
Celtics
Cavs
The other Clippers announcer

The other teams I just don't really follow or I haven't noticed anything in particular.

kdspurman
01-14-2016, 04:38 PM
JVG/Breen, Doris Burke, Clyde is great just for saying things like "dishing and swishing" and "posting and toasting", Mike Fratello, Hubie, Brent Barry (def not his brother)

NYKnickFanatic
01-14-2016, 05:03 PM
JVG/Breen, Doris Burke, Clyde is great just for saying things like "dishing and swishing" and "posting and toasting", Mike Fratello, Hubie, Brent Barry (def not his brother)

Don't forget when someone steps on the sideline.

Every singe time!

"The court is 50 feet wide, but not wide enough."

Clyde is a clever guy. The other day against the Celtics, "Marcus Smart with the foul on Gallo. Smart not so smart with that foul."

ewing
01-14-2016, 05:10 PM

Every singe time!

Clyde is a clever guy. The other day against the Celtics, "Marcus Smart with the foul on Gallo. Smart not so smart with that foul."

My favorite call by Walt is when a no look pass gets stolen. "No look pass by heinrich but Gallo saw it"

HeartOfStarks
01-14-2016, 05:24 PM
Best Clyde quote was a few years back, Landry Fields (as a Knick) flew into the announcers table and Clyde said something like "He almost spilled my tea. I would've had to slap him." haha pimp ****

Also he randomly brings up the moon cycles and his gardening, I just love his overall uniqueness

HeartOfStarks
01-14-2016, 05:26 PM
JVG is great too, I thought him dogging Rambis for drinking coffee a few games back was pretty damn funny "I never sauntered over drinkin' coffee"

HeartOfStarks
01-14-2016, 05:28 PM
Clyde calling Bargnani "Barnyarny" (phonetic) was always funny too. I hated Bargs, he deserved to have his name consistently mispronounced

tredigs
01-14-2016, 05:53 PM
JVG, Kevin Harlan and Steve Kerr when he did it were my favorite nationally. I actually like Marv also.

Home team wise Ian Eagle on the Nets is the best. Clyde's super fun on color commentary for NYK, and the Heat crew is solid. For the Warriors I like Jim Barnett, can't say the same for Bob Fitzgerald.

ManningToTyree
01-14-2016, 05:56 PM
Breen and Clyde are great together. Also like van gundy and gus Johnson

Jewelz0376
01-14-2016, 06:12 PM
I like hubie brown, Jeff van gundy, and mark Jackson

Home teams I like

Warriors, bucks, and clippers

I HATE

Lakers (and that's my team too)
Celtics
Nuggets

All the other teams don't really stand out enough in my mind to have an opinion about them either way.

HeartOfStarks
01-14-2016, 06:17 PM
Hubie is solid. Both guys who used to call Heat games bugged me (tippy toe three guy and the tan NY transplant guy). Not sure if they both are still the commentators there?

Also the Celtics guy who would call games and call all the Celtics by their first names, not sure his name either but I always thought he was super biased and annoyed me. Stacey Augmon I found to be annoyingly biased as well.

kdspurman
01-14-2016, 06:24 PM

Every singe time!

Yes! :laugh2: He's very entertaining

CHANGO
01-14-2016, 07:20 PM
For me gotta be Hubie Brown, JVG, Marv, Harlan and Barkley... (Just kidding, I hate Barkley as announcer)
For teams I like the Hornets, Heat, Timberwolves.

Dislike the Celtics (homer) , Cavs (annoying voice) and Clippers (homer).
And national I don't like Barkley or when Miller is together with Barkley, or Webber with Barkley, any ****ing combination with Barkley is bad.

Not homer but I think the Heat announcers are one of the best, they aren't homers and Coach knows his game.

GunFactor187
01-14-2016, 09:17 PM
In Detroit, we have a gem of a announce team in George Blaha and Gregory Kelser. They're my favs.

ewing
01-15-2016, 12:06 AM
JVG, Kevin Harlan and Steve Kerr when he did it were my favorite nationally. I actually like Marv also.

Home team wise Ian Eagle on the Nets is the best. Clyde's super fun on color commentary for NYK, and the Heat crew is solid. For the Warriors I like Jim Barnett, can't say the same for Bob Fitzgerald.

Ian Eagle is the best. He's a bit of a Marv wannabe but really good.

LOb0
01-15-2016, 12:30 AM
Like:
Celts: they're such homers and so bias and get so angry its hilarious
Bulls: Stacy King and Neil play well off each other, its a nerdy white guy and a loud mouth black guy, its great
Knicks: Obvious reason
Heat: They're alright, nothing great.
Lakers: Just so used to that team over the years, so many great games kinda a nostalgic flashback to Kobe's insane scoring years
Wizards: Still get Jordan flashbacks

Marv Albert, Mike Breen (He's annoying at times with his neutral garbage no matter how bad a call is) Van Gundy, Kevin Harlem. Whatever happened to Tom Tolbert, he was pretty good.

Don't like
Rockets: Bias as hell, I've seen minor fouls they claim were flagrant to the point where they want to charge people with murder.
Cavs: Austin Carr sounds like a crackhead.
Clippers: The Oh Me Oh My and Bingo is good but everything else sucks.

Reggie Miller is awful, he tries to give his opinion as fact and he's often flat out wrong, Mark Jackson is annoying.

Chronz
01-15-2016, 01:37 AM
Knicks, Celtics, Clippers, Nets, Heat and whenever Bill Walton blesses us with his presence

Sadds The Gr8
01-15-2016, 03:08 AM
Breen, Eagle, JVG, Harlan, Clips guys for the hilarity.

YAALREADYKNO
01-15-2016, 01:11 PM
Charles Barkley when he calls games. He just says some funny **** so I enjoy hearing him call games lol

Tony_Starks
01-15-2016, 01:25 PM
JVG and Mark Jackson are the best.

Marv and Fratello.

Hubie Brown is a walking basketball encyclopedia.

Sean Elliot is the most horrible homerific announcer ever.

EVER.

kdspurman
01-15-2016, 01:43 PM

Marv and Fratello.

EVER.

Sean is bad, but Clyde is about the same in Houston.

Sean is pretty knowledgeable though and points out some good stuff. Bill Land (his partner) is the guy always yelling and what not

Tony_Starks
01-15-2016, 02:03 PM

Marv and Fratello.

EVER.

Sean is bad, but Clyde is about the same in Houston.

Sean is pretty knowledgeable though and points out some good stuff. Bill Land (his partner) is the guy always yelling and what not

Clyde is a homer but at least he's witty and makes some small attempt to be objective.

Sean makes no such attempt, he's annoyingly homerish. As opposed to say Tommy for the Celtics who is at least a amusing die hard homer.

Chronz
01-15-2016, 02:34 PM
Clyde is a homer but at least he's witty and makes some small attempt to be objective.

Sean makes no such attempt, he's annoyingly homerish. As opposed to say Tommy for the Celtics who is at least a amusing die hard homer.

Clydes the worst man, hes not very objective to me and totally out of touch with the current game. For instance, just the other night he said the team needs to feed Dwight the ball more in the post and just clear out, as if its that simple to run an effective post up. Ill never forget when he said Rafer Alston had All-Star potential. Maybe you catch him on his good nights.

LOb0
01-15-2016, 02:40 PM
I haven't watched a ton of Rockets game with the home commentators but the ones I seen Clyde is awful.

lamzoka
01-15-2016, 02:41 PM
"And now the Knicks will pay for their transgressions. Why would you foul a guy 40 feet away from the basket? He can't hurt you from there."

(On Defense) "See folks, it's not that difficult. See the ball, See your man."

"Knicks with all the knack tonight"

"That was Erratic, Dramatic, Charismatic, Acrobatic."

Clyde is the best

CELTICS4LYFE
01-15-2016, 02:44 PM
Tommy duh

Chronz
01-15-2016, 02:49 PM
"And now the Knicks will pay for their transgressions. Why would you foul a guy 40 feet away from the basket? He can't hurt you from there."

(On Defense) "See folks, it's not that difficult. See the ball, See your man."

"Knicks with all the knack tonight"

"That was Erratic, Dramatic, Charismatic, Acrobatic."

Clyde is the best

Lets call it the Clyde spectrum, on one end of the extreme is Mr Drexler, on the other is Mr. Frazier. Clyde is good tho, but that other Clyde is truly awful

Chronz
01-15-2016, 02:51 PM
I haven't watched a ton of Rockets game with the home commentators but the ones I seen Clyde is awful.

Yeah I prefer their road games cuz hes sometimes not there and Bullard (his replacement) is more into todays statistical revolution so he'll have some insightful things to say.

Hawkeye15
01-15-2016, 03:02 PM
Yeah I prefer their road games cuz hes sometimes not there and Bullard (his replacement) is more into todays statistical revolution so he'll have some insightful things to say.

I talked to Bullard at least 4-5 times when he was a weekly fixture on the radio show in Houston when I lived there. Mostly about Iowa stuff.

Anyways, I am biased, but Jim Peterson/Dave Benz for the Wolves are excellent. They are non-biased, and well researched.

Does Nique still do any Atlanta games? I had to mute it he was so stupid.

The Senator
01-16-2016, 04:36 PM
I much prefer my native Bulls team over most others. Stacey King knows basketball well enough to back up his catchphrases and antics, and Neil Funk's a good straight man to play off Stacey, even if he does seem to forget player names from time to time.

I appreciate most homer crews in general over the faux neutrality and bland approach of the national teams. ESPN's broadcast gets muted automatically for me. I do enjoy some Kevin Harlan and Marv Albert, though.

Da Knicks
01-16-2016, 04:58 PM
Clyde and Breen the best, Eagle I like the Celtics guy is annoying and the rockets guy is horrible.