PDA

View Full Version : 1/14 NBA GameThread

kdspurman
01-14-2016, 12:43 PM
Thursday January 14th, 2016

http://content.sportslogos.net/logos/6/227/thumbs/6078.gif@http://content.sportslogos.net/logos/6/217/thumbs/xbimzdw5yiu03525o34bvqg9g.gif

3:00PM
at the O2 arena in London
http://i40.tinypic.com/2z4gzma.gif

http://content.sportslogos.net/logos/6/221/thumbs/zdrycpc7mh5teihl10gko8sgf.gif@http://content.sportslogos.net/logos/6/218/thumbs/fge4lf9ridpgum631fb0gg9tt.gif

7:00PM

http://content.sportslogos.net/logos/6/223/thumbs/enfhamkfyk1vfvdjuzg67fpeg.gif@http://content.sportslogos.net/logos/6/231/thumbs/efgmdqnx7x9vie7e1zkzecqv3.gif

8:00PM

http://content.sportslogos.net/logos/6/222/thumbs/faemq40pf86689pq4z8550l5i.gif@http://content.sportslogos.net/logos/6/233/thumbs/e04ylwkfdofkr2ctlerjov26s.gif

8:00PM
https://www.hscripts.com/freeimages/logos/brands-of-the-world/tnt-tv-old-logo/tnt-tv-old-logo-64.gif

http://content.sportslogos.net/logos/6/240/thumbs/zqifh03wxc54qk5ecexgk9ayg.gif@http://content.sportslogos.net/logos/6/234/thumbs/8316e7nrg5xuouqqo21bjgem9.gif

9:00PM

http://content.sportslogos.net/logos/6/237/thumbs/5538.gif@http://content.sportslogos.net/logos/6/1429/thumbs/5993.gif

10:30PM
https://www.hscripts.com/freeimages/logos/brands-of-the-world/tnt-tv-old-logo/tnt-tv-old-logo-64.gif

Vee-Rex
01-14-2016, 09:27 PM
Game Time!

SteBO
01-14-2016, 09:30 PM
Surprised Kawhi Leonard playing LeBron so closely....usually he'd try to bait him into shooting jumpers.

Vee-Rex
01-14-2016, 09:30 PM
Does Parker ever run out of energy? Dude has been going full speed the entire time so far.

Vee-Rex
01-14-2016, 09:35 PM
We gotta keep the intensity up. So good so far

Vee-Rex
01-14-2016, 09:37 PM
Our bench is so much better this year than last

SteBO
01-14-2016, 09:43 PM
Our bench is so much better this year than last
Kinda hard to believe...yet not really. The only upgrade you guys made in the offseason was Mo Williams, and he doesn't even play anymore. That being said, the Cavs are healthy right now, so everyone's set on their roles and the bench is more productive of it.

Vee-Rex
01-14-2016, 09:47 PM
Kinda hard to believe...yet not really. The only upgrade you guys made in the offseason was Mo Williams, and he doesn't even play anymore. That being said, the Cavs are healthy right now, so everyone's set on their roles and the bench is more productive of it.

Richard Jefferson has been a nice surprise for us.

Also, Delly's play has been terrific. Much better than last year. They're all getting better from playing together longer.

Vee-Rex
01-14-2016, 09:50 PM
Spurs are missing good shots and still cutting into the lead. Good timeout up by 9 by Blatt.

jerellh528
01-14-2016, 09:50 PM
Dang butler has 31 points on 12 shots, not even 4th qtr yet. Nice

SteBO
01-14-2016, 09:51 PM
Richard Jefferson has been a nice surprise for us.

Also, Delly's play has been terrific. Much better than last year. They're all getting better from playing together longer.
Yeah I think I may have underestimated just how much Dellevadova can do offensively. He runs the offense smoothly, doesn't make many mistakes, and can hit 3's. Pretty much what you want out of your backup.

Vee-Rex
01-14-2016, 09:57 PM
I wish Duncan was fully gray

kdspurman
01-14-2016, 09:57 PM
This is one of our sloppiness halves I've seen. Cavs are being aggressive.. west is providing some toughness at least.. other guys need to step up

kdspurman
01-14-2016, 09:58 PM
Ball don't lie

Vee-Rex
01-14-2016, 10:01 PM
Parker is inhuman. Does he normally play with this much energy this year?

More-Than-Most
01-14-2016, 10:01 PM
Dang butler has 31 points on 12 shots, not even 4th qtr yet. Nice

Lol he has 23 free throws in 3 Quarters.

kdspurman
01-14-2016, 10:03 PM
Parker is inhuman. Does he normally play with this much energy this year?

In spurts he has been. Less of a load on his shoulders. Defensively he's been consistent all year though

kdspurman
01-14-2016, 10:07 PM
Pop needs to get Boris back in there, Tim is struggling tremendously

kdspurman
01-14-2016, 10:10 PM
Kawhi, LMA, tim, Green all look terrible offensively. It's been kind of a joke. Pop needs to play the bench more if they don't pick it up early in the 3rd

kdspurman
01-14-2016, 10:12 PM
Parker with 31 last game.. and he's keeping us alive tonight. If 2-3 guys could get going, we could have a lead. Defense was better that quarter.

JR smith and Kyrie make me so nervous whenever they shoot it lol

Vee-Rex
01-14-2016, 10:16 PM
Spurs haven't shot well, still only down by 6 at the half.

Love has played well on the perimeter and getting around the Spurs bigs.

Mozgov is sucking. He used to contest everything so well in the paint.

We need less stupid fouls and turnovers.

kdspurman
01-14-2016, 10:16 PM
2-13 shooting for kawhi/lma/duncan... has to improve

kdspurman
01-14-2016, 10:38 PM
Sorry guys. Posting from mobile I must have hit close thread accidentally

More-Than-Most
01-14-2016, 10:39 PM
Butler... Is so ****ing good.

Vee-Rex
01-14-2016, 10:39 PM
Spurs don't take bad shots. Very well run offense.

We gotta find a way to get Irving involved. Not gonna win the game off the back of JR.

ChI_ShIzzLe
01-14-2016, 10:42 PM
JB with 53

kdspurman
01-14-2016, 10:44 PM
Bench has to step up

Vee-Rex
01-14-2016, 10:48 PM
Bron doing a great job at finding his teammates. He's gonna need to sit down soon, and hopefully Delly can make some stuff happen during that time.

Cal827
01-14-2016, 10:51 PM
Jesus, how long can Butler keep this up? Might be getting some MVP votes at the end of the year, just hopefully (for Bulls fans), he doesn't wear out before playoff time.

effen5
01-14-2016, 10:53 PM
Jimmy wasn't even suppose to play today. He had a bad ankle.

Vee-Rex
01-14-2016, 10:58 PM
Glad to see Butler went ham. Best SG this year.

Vee-Rex
01-14-2016, 11:07 PM
Mozgov is killing us

kdspurman
01-14-2016, 11:08 PM
The defensive intensity has picked up. Need better offense now

kdspurman
01-14-2016, 11:11 PM
This game has been weird. Literally a game of runs outside of the cavs strong start

kozelkid
01-14-2016, 11:11 PM
Jesus, how long can Butler keep this up? Might be getting some MVP votes at the end of the year, just hopefully (for Bulls fans), he doesn't wear out before playoff time.

Doesn't really matter. If the Bulls are smart, they start considering unloading Gasol, Noah, and maybe Taj and look to retool the roster. As it is, the team is flawed and isn't going anywhere. Butler is great, but the rest of the roster is a bit of a mess.

kdspurman
01-14-2016, 11:13 PM
Geez Manu. Wide open twice... Gotta make those

kdspurman
01-14-2016, 11:16 PM
That was good defense

Vee-Rex
01-14-2016, 11:16 PM
Need Irving in instead of Delly. Attack the rim more to draw those fouls.

Vee-Rex
01-14-2016, 11:19 PM
Love just... Ugh.

Nikeman
01-14-2016, 11:20 PM
I simply do not get why Delly gets so much PT... all it seems he does is dribble around for 15 seconds and then throw an erratic lob and pray his teammate finishes.

With Mo Williams on that roster, Delly should be the 3rd PG. Am I missing an injury?

kdspurman
01-14-2016, 11:21 PM
Lost track of how many shots have gone in and out

ewing
01-14-2016, 11:21 PM
cavs and spurs play great D. Spurs bigs have no fear defending on the perimeter

ewing
01-14-2016, 11:23 PM
people last year were saying Tony was cooked last year? Man when healthy that dude still flys

Vee-Rex
01-14-2016, 11:25 PM
I simply do not get why Delly gets so much PT... all it seems he does is dribble around for 15 seconds and then throw an erratic lob and pray his teammate finishes.

With Mo Williams on that roster, Delly should be the 3rd PG. Am I missing an injury?

Mo is injured/ having personal issues. It's weird.

He's not the difference in this, though.

kdspurman
01-14-2016, 11:29 PM
Big shot by Timmy

Arch Stanton
01-14-2016, 11:30 PM
This is such a horribly called game. How many ridiculous calls have gone against the Cavs? Congrats SAS, the Cavs got homered!

kdspurman
01-14-2016, 11:30 PM
people last year were saying Tony was cooked last year? Man when healthy that dude still flys

I kept telling people on here he wasn't healthy. Hamstring injuries aren't some little injury. It took away his explosiveness.

I knew if healthy, he would bounce back

Arch Stanton
01-14-2016, 11:31 PM
I thought for sure JR Smith would get calls in San Antonio***

*** I also thought Steven Avery would get a fair trial in Wisconsin

kdspurman
01-14-2016, 11:31 PM
This is such a horribly called game. How many ridiculous calls have gone against the Cavs? Congrats SAS, the Cavs got homered!

No... There's been bad calls/missed calls on both end. Like any game...

Vee-Rex
01-14-2016, 11:34 PM
Yeah, this game shows how deadly the Spurs are. They kept us off the offensive rebounds. They also kept us from getting turnover-fastbreak points that we usually get a lot of.

GG, hats off to the Spurs.

ewing
01-14-2016, 11:34 PM

thought it was physical both ways. not a pretty game but impressed by both teams D. very impressed with the Spurs bigs on D.

ewing
01-14-2016, 11:36 PM
Big shot by Timmy

Timmy looked very good in the 2nd half. Great passing, solid post play, and real good switching D. West for 2 million is the steal of century. Dude is stronger then most real 5s, can D all over the floor, and smooth on O

Arch Stanton
No... There's been bad calls/missed calls on both end. Like any game...

Sorry disagree! How many ridiculous offensive fouls were called against the Cavs? Or flying balls going out of bounds that were called in favor of the Spurs. I'm fine with refs letting teams play, but they've gotta be fair. This was just pretty awful. I don't expect a SAS fan to agree. I also think that the Spurs missed a ton of open shots, so they should have more points.

kdspurman
Yeah, this game shows how deadly the Spurs are. They kept us off the offensive rebounds. They also kept us from getting turnover-fastbreak points that we usually get a lot of.

GG, hats off to the Spurs.

Good game, but not ain't over yet. Not with those shooters...

But yea pop is great at taking away opponents strengths. Tough game man

kdspurman
01-14-2016, 11:39 PM
Timmy looked very good in the 2nd half. Great passing, solid post play, and real good switching D. West for 2 million is the steal of century. Dude is stronger then most real 5s, can D all over the floor, and smooth on O

Yea. It's the 3rd game in 4 nights, so not surprised how poor he played. But man I love West off the bench. Bench is even better this year despite all the changes

ewing
01-14-2016, 11:40 PM
Good game, but not ain't over yet. Not with those shooters...

But yea pop is great at taking away opponents strengths. Tough game man

Cavs got nothing off the bench tonight. i think that was the difference. TT had great game for them. Bron was solid but Irving didn't shoot well enough.

ewing
01-14-2016, 11:42 PM
Yea. It's the 3rd game in 4 nights, so not surprised how poor he played. But man I love West off the bench. Bench is even better this year despite all the changes

yeah the Spurs bench is deadly. I think that is why you guys are blowing so many teams out. I didn't take much away from tonight game. It was a bit sloppy and i don't think either team played great. They can both play D though.

IKnowHoops
01-14-2016, 11:44 PM
The refs were pretty funny tonight. I loved when they fell into Delly's legs and he goes flying yet no call. Cavs got hurt more by the refs today than anything. Was a close hard fought game, but you can't miss that many calls and beat the Spurs at home. Good game though. Cavs almost had double the FT attempts...not gonna win when that happens.

Arch Stanton
01-14-2016, 11:45 PM
I will say this... Sometime you need to play through poor officiating. Kyrie played like crap! Game was going to be close either way. SAS is a great team. Can't wait for the rematch in CLE in a couple weeks.

zn23
Jimmy Buckets put the team on his back and saved the Bulls.

IKnowHoops
Kyrie has a lot of improvement he will do by the time the playoffs come around. Same with Shump. Cavs are looking good. They will be right there again in the finals. If healthy, they will win IMO.

tredigs
01-14-2016, 11:47 PM
Not gonna win when Bron goes dead in the 2nd half.

Damn Cleveland, coulda used that win for GS.

ewing
01-14-2016, 11:48 PM
Kyrie has a lot of improvement he will do by the time the playoffs come around. Same with Shump. Cavs are looking good. They will be right there again in the finals. If healthy, they will win IMO.

almost seems like people are were sleeping on them a little until the last week, Cavs have as good a shot as anyone IMO, including GS

IKnowHoops
01-14-2016, 11:49 PM
Not gonna win when Bron goes dead in the 2nd half.

Damn Cleveland, coulda used that win for GS.

No doubt

SteBO
01-14-2016, 11:52 PM
Don't understand the officiating complaints....Cavs took 26 3's to the Spurs' 17 and it was a physical game both ways anyhow. Spurs missed a ton of open shots too.....a pretty sloppy game by both teams really.

tredigs
01-14-2016, 11:55 PM
Yeah I mean, actual FT wise it was 11 to 18. Both are low totals that seem like a game where the refs were letting them play. Maybe there was some missed calls, idk. I didn't watch every minute of this. But the 3pt discrepancy is telling of a team that will be garnering less FT's.

kdspurman
01-14-2016, 11:57 PM
Don't understand the officiating complaints....Cavs took 26 3's to the Spurs' 17 and it was a physical game both ways anyhow. Spurs missed a ton of open shots too.....a pretty sloppy game by both teams really.

Exactly... And the Spurs defense after the 1st quarter was cranked up. They struggled offensively, but defensively turned it up a couple levels. It's why Lebron was asking to be subbed out, he wasn't getting anything easy and was exhausted.

There were some missed calls of course. But SA had missed calls too. It happens... Those didn't dictate how this game went. The biggest difference was not the refs as someone mentioned... The biggest difference was the 35-12 bench advantage we had, and the 4th quarter execution. Cavs tried to play 1 on 1 a lot, despite how successful they were in the first moving the ball around.

Honestly, both teams were probably a little winded. SA just had the benefit of having bench guys step up

ewing
01-15-2016, 12:02 AM
I will say this... Sometime you need to play through poor officiating. Kyrie played like crap! Game was going to be close either way. SAS is a great team. Can't wait for the rematch in CLE in a couple weeks.

As a cavs fan i can see why you would see it that way. Going up against Timmy, West, LMA, Boris, and KL its rough when the refs don't call much. Personally i thought they called pretty evenly

Arch Stanton
01-15-2016, 12:05 AM

Let me ask you this, do you think that there are a couple of games that are called pretty unfairly each year against your team?

SteBO
01-15-2016, 12:17 AM
Let me ask you this, do you think that there are a couple of games that are called pretty unfairly each year against your team?
Oh sure. But missed calls happen all the time, and NBA games are very rarely won or lost because of it. That's just how I look at officiating, even being the emotional HEAT fan that I am. But this gem right here...

The refs were pretty funny tonight. I loved when they fell into Delly's legs and he goes flying yet no call. Cavs got hurt more by the refs today than anything. Was a close hard fought game, but you can't miss that many calls and beat the Spurs at home. Good game though. Cavs almost had double the FT attempts...not gonna win when that happens.

....is what I'm referring to. Everyone's entitled their opinion of course, but I can objectively say that this game was pretty evenly called both ways. Sheer FT attempts don't really tell the whole story, especially when one team is shooting way more 3's. But don't get it twisted, if I were a Cavs fan I'd probably "feel" the same way you do right now. I would just also know that the officiating isn't the reason for the loss. That's it.

Arch Stanton
01-15-2016, 12:19 AM
As a cavs fan i can see why you would see it that way. Going up against Timmy, West, LMA, Boris, and KL its rough when the refs don't call much. Personally i thought they called pretty evenly

It wasn't about calling much, but calling it fairly. I do not think they did at all. I think there are a couple of games each year, that each team gets hosed by the refs, this was one of them for the Cavs. It's usually against a physical team.
Some of the bogus highlights include -

- 3 second call on Kyrie in the paint, when he had defenders next to him
- a handful of bogus offensive fouls called on the Cavs, most weren't even in the paint and questionably fouls from the Spurs
- TP grabbing Irvings jersey how many times?

I think the Cavs need to start playing illegal defense like some of these teams employ regularly.

I think the Spurs missed a ton of open shots, especially early on. Which I'm sure most of the time would've made this a close match up, so it doesn't really matter.

tredigs
01-15-2016, 12:20 AM
That heave from Curry has me thinking that maybe BBREF doesn't track that stat very well. I'm certain that he takes the heave every chance he can get (which seems to be at the VERY least once every three games between the 12 quarters), but he is listed at 4 total for the year? That makes no sense to me. I'll have to check to make sure and see if they change it to 5 tomorrow. Might just be my eyes deceiving me. Maybe "heave" is defined as something strange like only 3/4ths court or deeper or something like that.

Arch Stanton
01-15-2016, 12:22 AM
Oh sure. But missed calls happen all the time, and NBA games are very rarely won or lost because of it. That's just how I look at officiating, even being the emotional HEAT fan that I am. But this gem right here...

....is what I'm referring to. Everyone's entitled their opinion of course, but I can objectively say that this game was pretty evenly called both ways. Sheer FT attempts don't really tell the whole story, especially when one team is shooting way more 3's. But don't get it twisted, if I were a Cavs fan I'd probably "feel" the same way you do right now. I would just also know that the officiating isn't the reason for the loss. That's it.

I gotcha! It's all good. The game was close and could've gone either way.

tredigs
01-15-2016, 12:41 AM
That's one of Draymond's faults there. When he's leading the break himself he'll way too often just attack the D full bore and pretty out of control. He's not quite a good enough finisher to pull that off. And he needs to mix in more outlet passes if he doesn't want the defense to just know exactly what he's about to do when he starts that run. A lot of missed shots that turn into breakaways the other way + offensive fouls occur on that play for him.

kdspurman
01-15-2016, 12:53 AM
Just realized all of tonight's games have been close at the end. Probably won't happen with this one

IKnowHoops
01-15-2016, 01:10 AM

Straight up, as a fan of neither team and possibly someone who was cheering for the Spurs to win, I totally understand you feeling the way you do about the whole thing. There weren't that many fouls called all together, but down the stretch when it mattered, the Cavs were getting fouled and it wasn't being called (Kyrie hit on arm Spurs go the other way for the fast break) (They fall into Delly's feet and he goes flying), meanwhile there were a few very soft calls that were late like bailout calls going to the Spurs (Kawaii drives on JR, jr stays in front backs off and only once it is sure that he is going to miss the shot, do they even blow the whistle.) Those three plays are a six point swing and Cavs win. And those weren't half the plays that happened. Seen an offensive foul call on both Kevin and Shump that was awful. This game could of easily and most likely would of went the other way if the Spurs don't get a grip of call/no calls that really looked suspect.

I know the difference between wins. Had Dallas won the other night, I def would not of thought that anything fishy about the ref. If you watched that game Dallas either scored or didn't score. Same with Cavs. The spurs got bailed out on a lot of soft plays. Fouled and didn't get called for it. I can easily see the difference.

Chronz
01-15-2016, 01:39 AM
That heave from Curry has me thinking that maybe BBREF doesn't track that stat very well. I'm certain that he takes the heave every chance he can get (which seems to be at the VERY least once every three games between the 12 quarters), but he is listed at 4 total for the year? That makes no sense to me. I'll have to check to make sure and see if they change it to 5 tomorrow. Might just be my eyes deceiving me. Maybe "heave" is defined as something strange like only 3/4ths court or deeper or something like that.

Which heave?

tredigs
01-15-2016, 01:45 AM
Which heave?

The ~60 footer at the end of the 1st Q. Did it again in the 2nd Q but too late.

rocket
01-15-2016, 02:17 AM
you want to see poor officiating? watch how many times the refs bailed out Memphis vs Detroit.

TERRIBLE.

kubernetes
01-15-2016, 04:05 AM
I think the Cavs are doomed against the Spurs in a 7 game series for the same reason they're doomed against the Warriors: their roster just doesn't match up.

Apart from Lebron and maybe Delly, every player on the Cavs is either a one-way player or simply one-dimensional. Kyrie--can score, can't/doesn't defend; Love--can score and rebound, terrible defender; JR--streaky 3pt specialist, bad defender; Shump--great defender, can't score; TT--can rebound, can't score; Mozgov--can sometimes defend, can't even hold the ball. Every lineup that Blatt can throw out there is full of compromises on one or both ends of the floor.

Compare that to the Spurs and Warriors, who can throw waves of competent two-way players at you for 4 straight quarters. The Cavs might steal a game or two in the finals (again), but ultimately their depth just isn't of the same quality as the Spurs or Warriors.

Vee-Rex
01-15-2016, 09:33 AM
I think the Cavs are doomed against the Spurs in a 7 game series for the same reason they're doomed against the Warriors: their roster just doesn't match up.

Apart from Lebron and maybe Delly, every player on the Cavs is either a one-way player or simply one-dimensional. Kyrie--can score, can't/doesn't defend; Love--can score and rebound, terrible defender; JR--streaky 3pt specialist, bad defender; Shump--great defender, can't score; TT--can rebound, can't score; Mozgov--can sometimes defend, can't even hold the ball. Every lineup that Blatt can throw out there is full of compromises on one or both ends of the floor.

Compare that to the Spurs and Warriors, who can throw waves of competent two-way players at you for 4 straight quarters. The Cavs might steal a game or two in the finals (again), but ultimately their depth just isn't of the same quality as the Spurs or Warriors.

I wouldn't say doomed. But it'd take some luck and a hot streak for us to defeat them in a 7-game series. We're a team that's still improving and learning how to play together. We're pretty much on pace for 60 wins, and by playoffs we should be a bit better.

The Cavs IMO are a contender and championship caliber team, it just so happens we're stuck in the same season as 2 record-setting giants in the Warriors and Spurs.

ewing
01-15-2016, 09:54 AM
I wouldn't say doomed. But it'd take some luck and a hot streak for us to defeat them in a 7-game series. We're a team that's still improving and learning how to play together. We're pretty much on pace for 60 wins, and by playoffs we should be a bit better.

The Cavs IMO are a contender and championship caliber team, it just so happens we're stuck in the same season as 2 record-setting giants in the Warriors and Spurs.

all 3 teams have an embarrassment of riches

kdspurman
01-15-2016, 10:50 AM
Straight up, as a fan of neither team and possibly someone who was cheering for the Spurs to win, I totally understand you feeling the way you do about the whole thing. There weren't that many fouls called all together, but down the stretch when it mattered, the Cavs were getting fouled and it wasn't being called (Kyrie hit on arm Spurs go the other way for the fast break) (They fall into Delly's feet and he goes flying), meanwhile there were a few very soft calls that were late like bailout calls going to the Spurs (Kawaii drives on JR, jr stays in front backs off and only once it is sure that he is going to miss the shot, do they even blow the whistle.) Those three plays are a six point swing and Cavs win. And those weren't half the plays that happened. Seen an offensive foul call on both Kevin and Shump that was awful. This game could of easily and most likely would of went the other way if the Spurs don't get a grip of call/no calls that really looked suspect.

I know the difference between wins. Had Dallas won the other night, I def would not of thought that anything fishy about the ref. If you watched that game Dallas either scored or didn't score. Same with Cavs. The spurs got bailed out on a lot of soft plays. Fouled and didn't get called for it. I can easily see the difference.

There was nothing fishy about the officiating. What's funny is early on, I felt we got the short end of the stick at times. But I knew that's not why we were down. We were down cause the Cavs came out very aggressively and put a lot of pressure on us. As the game went on though, SA slowly kept chipping away and really made it tough on them to score, and had them working a ton on defense.

Just as you named a few plays that went against you, I guarantee you I can do the same. But if we lost, I wouldn't be sitting here complaining about that. I'd be pissed about LMA, or Green, or other guys who just didn't step up today and looked out of whack.

The Cavs just looked winded. Lebron asked to come out, Kyrie was short on a couple of his shots (TP was really attacking him) and frankly, our defense had far more to do with this outcome than a couple missed calls by the officials.

Chronz
01-15-2016, 02:52 PM
The ~60 footer at the end of the 1st Q. Did it again in the 2nd Q but too late.

Im not sure which one of those is the one I saw but I got the vibe that he purposely held onto it.

tredigs
01-15-2016, 03:42 PM
Im not sure which one of those is the one I saw but I got the vibe that he purposely held onto it.

I almost thought that too, but I think he was going to heave it, just had a defender ahead of him and once he regrouped in a new position he was late. I'm looking now and the number did change to 5 though, so it was tracked. I think what it is, is they won't consider anything over the half court line a heave, and normally he can make it just over that point before he launches. I actually think just chucking at the end of quarters is one of his favorite shots because nobody can yell at him for how far away he shoots.

Just for fun I looked it up, and he has more tallied "heaves" than Lebron, Westbrook, Durant, CP3, Griffin, AD and Harden combined. By 3. Looks like LBJ has 1 total in the last 5 years, and Durant 4 total in his entire career. Curry's got 34 + some playoff ones. I actually remember the one he made, too. End of the 1st half in Memphis during game 6 of the semis last year. Pretty sure they were up like 4 and it up put 'em up 7. Ended up closing it out that night.

Heaves are just something I like watching. Like to see who's concerned with a slight tick in their %'s over the potential of a boost in the game. Obviously a super low% shot, but it's zero risk other than superficially.

Gander13SM
01-15-2016, 04:50 PM
Just watching last night's cavs-spurs game. Atmosphere is like a playoff series. Pace is fun too.

I'm going to say something everyone will disagree with me on and it may even annoy a few of you but just remember, it's only my opinion. (Feel free to sig quote me if I'm proven wrong and look like an idiot).

Cleveland won't win the championship this year.

I just don't see it. I'm confident either spurs or warriors will advance, and they're just too good as a unit. I think Cleveland can win a game or two. But I don't see a team in this world that can beat either Dubs or Spurs FOUR times. Sweep them at your home ground and steal one on the road? It's just not happening IMHO.

Side note; I do think Cavs odds are better against Warriors than they are against Spurs. But still...

Now feel free to flame me or whatever.