PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible that the Cavs are "today" the best team in the NBA?

IKnowHoops
01-11-2016, 12:58 AM
W---- ----.

IKnowHoops
01-11-2016, 12:59 AM
Tre, calm down.

More-Than-Most
01-11-2016, 01:10 AM
No... James is basically showing all the haters that he is still the best in the world though.

lakerfan85
01-11-2016, 01:19 AM
Did the Warriors move to Europe?

Wade n Fade
01-11-2016, 01:27 AM
Lol, hell no. The Spurs or Warriors would beat the Cavs. Idk how anyone could say Cleveland is the best team with a straight face? They didn't blow out the 76ers by much and didn't even crack over a 100 vs one of the worst teams in NBA history. Their bench isn't that impressive either.

Wade n Fade
01-11-2016, 01:28 AM
Did the Warriors move to Europe?

Nah, 28 teams left the NBA and the Cavs played the 76ers in the finals, thus they're the NBA champs in a two team league.

IKnowHoops
01-11-2016, 01:36 AM
Nah, 28 teams left the NBA and the Cavs played the 76ers in the finals, thus they're the NBA champs in a two team league.

:laugh2:

LOb0
01-11-2016, 01:37 AM
I think they can beat the Warriors if Bron keeps hitting that jumper. He lost it since last late season/earily playoffs and Iggy was able to play him for the drive nearly every time and it just killed the team. He's got it back recently after being literally the worst outside shooter in the entire league this year. (even worse than Kobe!)

I don't like a Spurs Cavs match up. I think Cleveland would get destroyed.

tredigs
01-11-2016, 01:38 AM
Tre, calm down.

Are you going to try to make a case for them? Because they would need a pretty serious argument to give this thread any legs.

No... James is basically showing all the haters that he is still the best in the world though.

By having an underwhelming season and averaging 22/6/5 over the last 2 weeks? LBJ is literally the worst volume perimeter shooter in the NBA at this current juncture. What a show this is (great game against the 76ers though. +1).

More-Than-Most
01-11-2016, 01:52 AM
Are you going to try to make a case for them? Because they would need a pretty serious argument to give this thread any legs.

By having an underwhelming season and averaging 22/6/5 over the last 2 weeks? LBJ is literally the worst volume perimeter shooter in the NBA at this current juncture. What a show this is (great game against the 76ers though. +1).

lol underwhelming season? He is having a better season than last after carrying a team through the playoffs... He has always been crap from the perimeter... Dudes carrying an underwhelming team... Lets talk when he can take a few games off because of a boo boo and someone on his team constantly goes for 38 or drops trip dubs after trip dubs.

Also 9 for his last 22 from behind the 3.

IKnowHoops
01-11-2016, 01:55 AM

I don't need to make a case for them in order for this thread to have legs. All I need to do is ask a question and watch every that cares a little bit state there opinion. But I will say this.

With Kyrie Irving back in the lineup the Cavs...

... #1 offense in PPG

...#1 defense in PA

...# in Point differential

tredigs
01-11-2016, 02:18 AM
You're going to need about 20 more games under their belt against some legit competition before you can begin to start making this claim. Suffice to say, the answer is no, and they have an uphill battle to get there. Whether or not they are the third best team in the league and if LBJ is the third best player in the league are more appropriate questions right now.

IKnowHoops
01-11-2016, 02:34 AM
You're going to need about 20 more games under their belt against some legit competition before you can begin to start making this claim. Suffice to say, the answer is no, and they have an uphill battle to get there. Whether or not they are the third best team in the league and if LBJ is the third best player in the league are more appropriate questions right now.

They were third best without Kyrie and Shump and with an out of shape Tristan Thompson. No I think best team is more appropriate than 3rd best since they have been 3rd best and have drastically improved since Kyrie and Shump have returned.

IKnowHoops
01-11-2016, 02:38 AM

I do agree that we would need 20 more games before we can really calm they are the best. But thats why my question was "Is it possible they are the best?" Not "are they the best?" There is a big difference between those questions.

If the Cavs keep this same production up for the next 30 games and prove to be better than GS and SA, then it was very possible they were the best team much earlier on.

tredigs
01-11-2016, 02:42 AM
They get San Antonio and Golden State this week. We'll see where they're at.

IKnowHoops
01-11-2016, 02:45 AM

Indeed.

Bostonjorge
01-11-2016, 03:11 AM
It's not possible this year with golden state around. Golden state is making the average fan forget that Cleveland even exist anymore. Most people have already crowned GS as champs this year and comparing them to the 72-10 bulls. It's also only January.

Good thread to remind us Cleveland is still around tho.

Gander13SM
01-11-2016, 06:25 AM
Nah. Their offense is too stagnant to be the best "team". The only reason they have any ball movement whatsoever is because LeBron is a natural distributer.

There's about 6 or 7 teams I would take as better "teams" (Meaning playing together as a unit/ball movement etc) and I would take Spurs, GSW and maybe OKC over them purely in terms of winning and talent.

FraziersKnicks
01-11-2016, 06:54 AM

26/7/6 on 50% shooting with strong defense whilst leading your team to the top of a conference is underwhelming? Just goes to show the greatness that is expected of LBJ.

Your statement was correct maybe 2 weeks ago, but if you've been watching Bron in the last 6/7 games, his jumper looks completely different. He's much more balanced, rising up through his shoulders more and getting a lot more lift and air under his shot. I would like to see his perimeter shooting numbers over this last stretch because I'm fairly confident they would look elite. He made about 7 or 8 long jumpers, turnarounds and off the dribble last night and has been doing so in this (small) 2 week sample size.

He's picking his spots a lot better and having Kyrie has really opened up the floor. His shooting looks back to how it was in his elite mid range seasons of 12-13 and 13-14.

SteBO
01-11-2016, 08:24 AM
No. They aren't better than GS and SAS, even today as they've won 7 straight against weak competition.

Crackadalic
01-11-2016, 10:28 AM
No. They aren't better than GS and SAS, even today as they've won 7 straight against weak competition.

Sure but lets not act like the spurs not playing the weakest schedule in the nba. In 38 games they only played 10 teams with 500 or better record

Not saying the cavs are better then the spurs but both played some weak teams.

GS in the same boat but they are playing at another level right now

Gander13SM
01-11-2016, 10:36 AM
In regards to working as a unit/team I would take Warriors, Spurs, Atlanta, Boston, Clippers, Milwaukee, Chicago and maybe Washington over Cavs.

In my mind. Being the best "team" means playing together as a single unit. That's why I have San Antonio as the greatest franchise of the last 15-20 years. That most recent win against Miami in the finals... wow. It's still the best display of team basketball I've ever seen and I'm not sure anyone will be able to top it. They were so well balanced that year. Absolutely beautiful to watch.

BUT. Most people regard "the best team" to be the team with the best record in their conference/league and/or with the best top tier talent (not even the most depth but purely the best stars). In that regard Cleveland are up there. Definitely best of the east. Close to Spurs and GSW and probably on par with OKC.

kdspurman
01-11-2016, 10:41 AM
Sure but lets not act like the spurs not playing the weakest schedule in the nba. In 38 games they only played 10 teams with 500 or better record

GS and SA have had the easiest schedules thus far, and both are probably on the same level (aside from W/L) in terms of NetRTG , SRS, and MOV (SA slightly higher in each)

I think the Cavs are clearly behind those 2 at this point. The Cavs btw have had the 3rd easiest schedule & OKC the 4th. Ironically, the top 4 teams are at the bottom of the league in terms of toughest opponents played.

We should get a better picture as the season goes on from here

Crackadalic
01-11-2016, 10:52 AM
GS and SA have had the easiest schedules thus far, and both are probably on the same level (aside from W/L) in terms of NetRTG , SRS, and MOV (SA slightly higher in each)

I think the Cavs are clearly behind those 2 at this point. The Cavs btw have had the 3rd easiest schedule & OKC the 4th. Ironically, the top 4 teams are at the bottom of the league in terms of toughest opponents played.

We should get a better picture as the season goes on from here

Yeah It's just hard to predict how much these teams are better then the other when the all played weak competition

kdspurman
01-11-2016, 11:00 AM
Yeah It's just hard to predict how much these teams are better then the other when the all played weak competition

I think the most you can do is see who's taking care of business when playing these teams. So the way the standings are probably accurate for the most part.

This should be a fun month with some good games to look forward to.

kingkenny01
01-11-2016, 11:32 AM
There are 3 maybe 4 teams that can actually win it, cavs are one and will know at the end of June. Before that who knows, anyone just penciling in golden state has forgotten that the rockets won 22 games in a row a few years back and didn't make it to the conference finals. The heat nearly lost to the Spurs on the 27 game win streak season also.

tredigs
01-11-2016, 11:39 AM
I really don't think GS is being "penciled in". In fact I bet a lot of people would take San Antonio over them, and some might think a healthy OKC takes them out. This thread would have played better with poll options.

MarvinJackson
01-11-2016, 11:44 AM
they don't have a post game, no mid range game and no answer for the athleticism of Duncan and Kawhi.

Tony_Starks
01-11-2016, 11:45 AM
Not really but I love how stacked their team is. They have really good depth at every position.

If they can remain healthy and catch another L in the Finals it won't be due to a lack of talent, I think the West contenders are just that good.

Almost reminds me of when the Lakers and Spurs were doing their thing, I don't care who came out of the east it was still pretty much a forgone conclusion.

Bron > Kobe
01-11-2016, 12:40 PM
SAS and golden state are still better. Curry is better than LeBron at this point and the Spurs play the best team ball ever

dnl123
01-11-2016, 01:34 PM
I would put the odds on GS winning the championship at 40% with the Cavs (if healthy) and the Spurs at 30% each. Nobody else has a shot. It's a three horse race.

Vee-Rex
01-11-2016, 01:38 PM
Don't think the Cavs are the best today, but I do think we're better than what we were weeks ago.

They didn't blow out the 76ers by much and didn't even crack over a 100 vs one of the worst teams in NBA history.

Lol who cares? A win is a win. GS has squeaked out so many games this year so far in the final seconds (against below average teams) yet I don't see you posting about that either.

Irving being healthy and in form takes a tremendous load off Bron. Bron was the only one capable of penetrating and collapsing the defense before, but now Irving can do it too, and he's one of the best finishers in the game at that.

With the big 3 healthy, we can afford for one to have a bad game and still win against the best teams in the league.

I'm comfortable with the Cavs being regarded as the third best in team in the league. Or maybe even 4th because of OKC, but we're definitely looking better and don't be surprised if we finish the season off with the best offrtg/defrtg and netRTG in the league.

Scoots
01-11-2016, 01:45 PM
GS and SA have had the easiest schedules thus far

And a big part of why is that they haven't played each other, nor do they play themselves.

Vee-Rex
01-11-2016, 01:46 PM
And a big part of why is that they haven't played each other, nor do they play themselves.

This x10.

Scoots
01-11-2016, 01:49 PM
Lol who cares? A win is a win. GS has squeaked out so many games this year so far in the final seconds (against below average teams)

I agree a win is a win, and valuing a win when the end of the bench gets 20 minutes in a game is fairly useless ... but interestingly there are 2 things that come up on this front:

1. Avg winning margin is very telling, historically, for future success.

2. The Warriors have been in 13 close games and are 13-0. History also says that teams that win the vast majority of their close games AND have 60%+ winning percentage overall will do very well in the playoffs. Thus winning close games is a positive for your team.

kdspurman
01-11-2016, 01:51 PM

Yup

BKLYNpigeon
01-11-2016, 01:58 PM
Lets see how the Cavs do against the Spurs this Tursday and the Warriors the following week.

Vee-Rex
01-11-2016, 02:00 PM
I agree a win is a win, and valuing a win when the end of the bench gets 20 minutes in a game is fairly useless ... but interestingly there are 2 things that come up on this front:

2. The Warriors have been in 13 close games and are 13-0. History also says that teams that win the vast majority of their close games AND have 60%+ winning percentage overall will do very well in the playoffs. Thus winning close games is a positive for your team.

I agree with margin of winning, but the dude I was responding to completely ignored the recent games of the Cavs (great win in Minny, great win in Washington [final score was from garbage points], great win against Raptors/Magic) just to point out we only won by 10 in Philly. Even the games in Denver and in Phoenix we were usually winning by about 10 points the whole game.

IMO, we're hitting our stride and are playing the best we've played all year. More time will tell, of course.

Hawkeye15
01-11-2016, 02:02 PM

it is, as long as we are using a sample size, not one game

tredigs
01-11-2016, 02:13 PM
Are we absolutely sure the Cavs would beat the Clippers in a playoff series? The Clippers have reeled off 9 straight, are coming off a 56 win season, and beat the 55 win Spurs in the 1st round of the playoffs last year (which to me ultimately was their demise. Not being mentally strong enough to close out game 5 with the Harden-less Rox was a fault, but they were breaking before our eyes). Also, they're doing this without Griffin. If they can find a way to perfectly integrate him back in they're gonna crush.

Similarly, the Cavs best chance at winning the title to me is the fact that a likely Spurs/Dubs series in the WCF could break down the other team big time. If the Cavs go in to the Finals with the longest break of all time (again), then that rest difference will pay dividends. I'd take as many as 4 WC teams over them in a playoff series depending on health/continuity/HCA at the time of the game, but I love their spot in the East.

Scoots
01-11-2016, 02:19 PM
I agree with margin of winning, but the dude I was responding to completely ignored the recent games of the Cavs (great win in Minny, great win in Washington [final score was from garbage points], great win against Raptors/Magic) just to point out we only won by 10 in Philly. Even the games in Denver and in Phoenix we were usually winning by about 10 points the whole game.

IMO, we're hitting our stride and are playing the best we've played all year. More time will tell, of course.

Yep ... and I was agreeing with you. :)

Scoots
01-11-2016, 02:19 PM
it is, as long as we are using a sample size, not one game

ALWAYS sample size matters ... too small = worthless (unless the sample is who wins the last game of the playoffs).

Yanks All Day
01-11-2016, 02:25 PM
The best team in the NBA right now is the San Antonio Spurs.

Golden State has the best record, and Cleveland is finally healthy, so I'd say they're 2 and 3, respectively, but the Spurs are on another level right now.

San Antonio has the best points differential in the NBA. They're +13.9 ppg this year. Their defense is allowing 5 fewer points per game than the next best in the NBA. Kawhi Leonard is asserting himself as the best defender in the NBA. Everything is clicking in San Antonio.

My top 3, as of now, are Spurs, Warriors, and Cavs, in that order. But anyone who thinks Cleveland can't beat the Warriors or Spurs when healthy is kidding themselves. A healthy Kyrie Irving makes a huge difference. SAS and GSW would still be favorites, but they're in no way locks vs. a full Cavs team.

Scoots
01-11-2016, 02:37 PM
anyone who thinks Cleveland can't beat the Warriors or Spurs when healthy is kidding themselves.

It's not CAN they beat them any team can win any game against any team ... but are they likely to beat them 4 times in 7 games when everything is on the line. I'm still not sure ... but am looking forward to finding out.

cmellofan15
01-11-2016, 02:55 PM
Are we absolutely sure the Cavs would beat the Clippers in a playoff series? The Clippers have reeled off 9 straight, are coming off a 56 win season, and beat the 55 win Spurs in the 1st round of the playoffs last year (which to me ultimately was their demise. Not being mentally strong enough to close out game 5 with the Harden-less Rox was a fault, but they were breaking before our eyes). Also, they're doing this without Griffin. If they can find a way to perfectly integrate him back in they're gonna crush.

Similarly, the Cavs best chance at winning the title to me is the fact that a likely Spurs/Dubs series in the WCF could break down the other team big time. If the Cavs go in to the Finals with the longest break of all time (again), then that rest difference will pay dividends. I'd take as many as 4 WC teams over them in a playoff series depending on health/continuity/HCA at the time of the game, but I love their spot in the East.

..are we absolutely sure that the Warriors could beat a healthy Cavs team if they meet in the Finals? or a fully healthy Grizzlies team? or a healthy version the Spurs or Clippers that ruined each others' Finals chances by meeting in the first round last year? I think those questions (except for the Grizzlies one) are all as legitimate as the one you posd.

SteBO
01-11-2016, 07:17 PM

Oh no I didn't mean it in the way you took it. I just know the OP all too well, and was being direct with my answer. The Cavs now are starting to separate themselves from the rest of the pack in the east, but I credit 90+% of that to LeBron alone. He's an amazing player. Whereas GS and SAS are playing at a level that's unfathomable really, and that's with their star players not playing big minutes(Spurs to an even greater extent). I don't think anyone (outside these two teams) is even close to taking them down. We'll see though....

hey whats up
01-11-2016, 08:09 PM
I bet they get beat by the spurs in five
and lebron leaves again

basch152
01-11-2016, 08:58 PM
The best team in the NBA right now is the San Antonio Spurs.

Golden State has the best record, and Cleveland is finally healthy, so I'd say they're 2 and 3, respectively, but the Spurs are on another level right now.

San Antonio has the best points differential in the NBA. They're +13.9 ppg this year. Their defense is allowing 5 fewer points per game than the next best in the NBA. Kawhi Leonard is asserting himself as the best defender in the NBA. Everything is clicking in San Antonio.

My top 3, as of now, are Spurs, Warriors, and Cavs, in that order. But anyone who thinks Cleveland can't beat the Warriors or Spurs when healthy is kidding themselves. A healthy Kyrie Irving makes a huge difference. SAS and GSW would still be favorites, but they're in no way locks vs. a full Cavs team.

You're just going to ignore that GS sits their starters most of the time through entire 4th quarters?

GS is the unquestionably best team until someone proves otherwise.

Only one team jas beat them this year with curry playing..

FlashBolt
01-11-2016, 09:00 PM
San Antonio is the best team. IDC what the records are, I'm taking San Antonio over ANY team.

IKnowHoops
01-12-2016, 01:41 AM

I really don't think GS is being "penciled in". In fact I bet a lot of people would take San Antonio over them, and some might think a healthy OKC takes them out. This thread would have played better with poll options.

LOL Tre stop it

IKnowHoops
01-12-2016, 01:52 AM

Clippers are an interesting team right now. I think you could ask that same question for Dubs and Spurs right now considering the tear that the Clippers are on. At the end of the day, it matters more if Dubs or Spurs can beat them since there all in the west.

IKnowHoops
01-12-2016, 01:58 AM
Oh no I didn't mean it in the way you took it. I just know the OP all too well, and was being direct with my answer. The Cavs now are starting to separate themselves from the rest of the pack in the east, but I credit 90+% of that to LeBron alone. He's an amazing player. Whereas GS and SAS are playing at a level that's unfathomable really, and that's with their star players not playing big minutes(Spurs to an even greater extent). I don't think anyone (outside these two teams) is even close to taking them down. We'll see though....

LOL What?

basch152
01-12-2016, 02:29 AM
GS is the best team until someone can prove otherwise, period.

FlashBolt
01-12-2016, 02:49 AM
GS is the best team until someone can prove otherwise, period.

Spurs are proving otherwise that they are just as good. Record doesn't mean crap to me. When it comes down to it, Spurs is the best team.

Arch Stanton
01-12-2016, 02:50 AM
I'd say 3rd best, but who cares where they are today? It only matters where they are April-June. And assuming they make the finals they only have to play one team in the West.

FlashBolt
01-12-2016, 02:56 AM
I'd say 3rd best, but who cares where they are today? It only matters where they are April-June. And assuming they make the finals they only have to play one team in the West.

Love/Irving need to frickin stay healthy if they want to win a ring. LeBron alone will get exposed by the GSW/Spurs. I don't think my team will win this season; just way too many holes that are being covered temporarily by Westbrook/KD. With that being said, if Love can average 20/10 and Irving goes for 20/5/5 with LeBron's 25/7/7, this team will be doing very well. All possible numbers BTW.

Arch Stanton
01-12-2016, 03:02 AM
Love/Irving need to frickin stay healthy if they want to win a ring. LeBron alone will get exposed by the GSW/Spurs. I don't think my team will win this season; just way too many holes that are being covered temporarily by Westbrook/KD. With that being said, if Love can average 20/10 and Irving goes for 20/5/5 with LeBron's 25/7/7, this team will be doing very well. All possible numbers BTW.

Can't disagree.

IKnowHoops
01-12-2016, 04:49 AM
I think when fully healthy, the Cavs, Spurs, and Warriors are all a toss up in a seven game series. The Cavs just got healthy though so now its about knocking rust off for a few key guys so until that happens, I'd put them slightly behind the Spurs and Warriors, but rapidly gaining on them and very soon with be even with them IMO.

tredigs
01-12-2016, 08:05 AM
For what its worth the Warriors have not been healthy either. Curry has been at 75% for a month, they just got Barnes back after 5+ weeks and they've been without arguably their now best center since late December. Their backup gaurds have been mostly out as well. This team is reeling off win after win through all of that, but nowhere near their peak form right now. Assuming health I'm taking them with HCA over everyone. This week has some implications though. Going to be some fun basketball to watch.

leprechaun5
01-12-2016, 08:18 AM
Right now they aren't. But if healthy I can't see anyone beating them in playoffs.

basch152
01-12-2016, 09:50 AM
Spurs are proving otherwise that they are just as good. Record doesn't mean crap to me. When it comes down to it, Spurs is the best team.

The warriors won the chamionship, regularly rest starters for entire 4th quarters, have had injuries to 3 important starters, and are shattering records for wins.

They're the best team. No one has proven otherwise. Argue all you want, they're the best team.

IndyRealist
01-12-2016, 10:36 AM
The warriors won the chamionship, regularly rest starters for entire 4th quarters, have had injuries to 3 important starters, and are shattering records for wins.

They're the best team. No one has proven otherwise. Argue all you want, they're the best team.

Duncan, Parker, and Ginobili are all going at half speed. The Spurs are on autopilot while the Dubs are threatening to burn themselves out in the regular season to chase the record. See, anyone can throw out qualifiers too. :P

ewing
01-12-2016, 10:53 AM
Duncan, Parker, and Ginobili are all going at half speed. The Spurs are on autopilot while the Dubs are threatening to burn themselves out in the regular season to chase the record. See, anyone can throw out qualifiers too. :P

with 7 guys that they been in the league over 10 years the wear and tear of the regular season is much more likely to take a toll on the Spurs then Warriors.

Scoots
01-12-2016, 10:59 AM
Spurs/Cavs/Warriors will learn a little more before the end of this month.

IndyRealist
01-12-2016, 10:59 AM
with 7 guys that they been in the league over 10 years the wear and tear of the regular season is much more likely to take a toll on the Spurs then Warriors.

They have literally said that every year about the Spurs for the last 6 years. I don't have a dog in this fight, just pointing out how silly the previous statment was.

ewing
01-12-2016, 11:06 AM
They have literally said that every year about the Spurs for the last 6 years. I don't have a dog in this fight, just pointing out how silly the previous statment was.

and they lost in the finals to the Heat b/c Tony Parkers hamstring didn't hold up. They lost last year for the same reason. We've also seen TD and Manu have years where they weren't themselves in the post season. Pop will do his best to have to healthy and ready but the regular season effects everyone and is more likely to effect older players more.

Scoots
01-12-2016, 12:11 PM
and they lost in the finals to the Heat b/c Tony Parkers hamstring didn't hold up. They lost last year for the same reason. We've also seen TD and Manu have years where they weren't themselves in the post season. Pop will do his best to have to healthy and ready but the regular season effects everyone and is more likely to effect older players more.

This. As they say, father time is undefeated.

kdspurman
01-12-2016, 12:16 PM

Which is why it's great they've become less reliant on those guys. It's been a seamless transition during their rebuild. Cause that's essentially what they've done is rebuild while remaining competitive.

Manu is still the main cog to that 2nd unit, and he's looked awesome this year. TD & Tony can struggle at times, but with Kawhi/LMA in the lineup, it makes it easier to compensate for, whereas last year it was Splitter who is a defense guy and Kawhi who wasn't the player he is this year. It was a different build. TD has to be great protecting the paint, and being opportunistic offensively, and TP has been far better on defense this season (due to reduced load offensively) and for the most part looks to get others involved offensively, unless he's got an obvious mis-match.

JasonJohnHorn
01-13-2016, 12:57 PM
They are lucky that they are in the East. I know the East has more winning teams right now, but everybody from 2-9th is within 5 wins of each other.

And 9th is only 7 wins shy of the Cavs.

In the West, the top three teams all have as many or more wins than the best team in the East, and only one team in the East has more win than the 4th place team in the West.

I'm not even sure the Cavs would be in 4th out West right now.

I love the Cavs, and look forward to seeing James either play CP3 for the first time, or have a re-match wither either Curry, Duncan, or Durant, but I would not say the Cavs, right now, are better than any of the top four team in the West, though I might concede that they are equal to the Thunder and Clippers.

Vee-Rex
01-13-2016, 01:37 PM
They are lucky that they are in the East. I know the East has more winning teams right now, but everybody from 2-9th is within 5 wins of each other.

And 9th is only 7 wins shy of the Cavs.

In the West, the top three teams all have as many or more wins than the best team in the East, and only one team in the East has more win than the 4th place team in the West.

I'm not even sure the Cavs would be in 4th out West right now.

I love the Cavs, and look forward to seeing James either play CP3 for the first time, or have a re-match wither either Curry, Duncan, or Durant, but I would not say the Cavs, right now, are better than any of the top four team in the West, though I might concede that they are equal to the Thunder and Clippers.

The Cavs, if not considered equivalent to the Clippers/Thunder, should actually be slightly more favored.

- They have a better record than both despite having missed their starting backcourt for most of the season.

- They defeated the Thunder without their 2nd best player (although I do feel the Thunder should've won, but they didn't put in the effort)

- Swept the Clippers last season

- Although the 9-game winning streak by the Clippers is very impressive especially without Blake, every single win did come versus teams with losing records.

I think at this point if anyone considers the Cavs below the Thunder/Clippers then they're viewing the western conference through rose-tinted glasses. TBH, the Cavs MINIMALLY should be considered equivalents.

Edit: For me, it looks like this:

1. Warriors
2. Spurs (could be 1 for some, but the Dubs are the champs and have the better record, so they deserve that spot)

3. Cavs/Thunder/Clippers - though I give the slight edge to the Cavs, they're in the same category.

ewing
01-13-2016, 03:17 PM
The Cavs, if not considered equivalent to the Clippers/Thunder, should actually be slightly more favored.

- They have a better record than both despite having missed their starting backcourt for most of the season.

- They defeated the Thunder without their 2nd best player (although I do feel the Thunder should've won, but they didn't put in the effort)

- Swept the Clippers last season

- Although the 9-game winning streak by the Clippers is very impressive especially without Blake, every single win did come versus teams with losing records.

I think at this point if anyone considers the Cavs below the Thunder/Clippers then they're viewing the western conference through rose-tinted glasses. TBH, the Cavs MINIMALLY should be considered equivalents.

Edit: For me, it looks like this:

1. Warriors
2. Spurs (could be 1 for some, but the Dubs are the champs and have the better record, so they deserve that spot)

3. Cavs/Thunder/Clippers - though I give the slight edge to the Cavs, they're in the same category.

how do you feel about the center situation?

Vee-Rex
01-13-2016, 04:36 PM
how do you feel about the center situation?

I feel pretty good about it. We've got until the playoffs to get Mozgov back to how he was last year. I don't know why Mozgov has been playing badly this year, but he has shown flashes of last year's form.

Last night's game against Dallas was one of them. He gave us 27 minutes and had the biggest +/- at +21 for our whole team.

The only team that truly gives us problems when he's on the floor is Golden State, so as long as he can contribute and get his game back in the playoffs against the Eastern Conference teams then I'm not worried.

As for our other bigs, Andy is just resting and not really playing. That's actually a good thing - he's shown he can come in and contribute immediately if needed, and he'll be healthy at this rate. Sasha Kaun hasn't really found his groove and is an emergency piece.

Munkeysuit
01-13-2016, 04:53 PM
Best team in the NBA right now? NO, but they have the potential to be twice as good as the Warriors or Spurs, they have the talent to do just that...I honestly think they'll never get to that level mostly because they have some talent that just don't fit well with other talent's on the team currently. (if that makes sense to you I Love you)

SteBO
01-13-2016, 05:17 PM
I feel pretty good about it. We've got until the playoffs to get Mozgov back to how he was last year. I don't know why Mozgov has been playing badly this year, but he has shown flashes of last year's form.

Last night's game against Dallas was one of them. He gave us 27 minutes and had the biggest +/- at +21 for our whole team.

The only team that truly gives us problems when he's on the floor is Golden State, so as long as he can contribute and get his game back in the playoffs against the Eastern Conference teams then I'm not worried.

As for our other bigs, Andy is just resting and not really playing. That's actually a good thing - he's shown he can come in and contribute immediately if needed, and he'll be healthy at this rate. Sasha Kaun hasn't really found his groove and is an emergency piece.
I gotta say, if Kevin Love gives you what he gave you last night in Dallas, the center position for you guys won't be a big deal. Last night, I saw him generate extra possessions when the Cavs' offense went south a little bit and just make an impact on the floor overall when he isn't shooting well. He hit timely 3's as well. If you get to the Finals, you're 3-guard lineup with LBJ and Love at the 4 and 5 can be a productive one against Golden State, though I'd be concerned about the interior defense.

FlashBolt
01-14-2016, 01:30 AM
I gotta say, if Kevin Love gives you what he gave you last night in Dallas, the center position for you guys won't be a big deal. Last night, I saw him generate extra possessions when the Cavs' offense went south a little bit and just make an impact on the floor overall when he isn't shooting well. He hit timely 3's as well. If you get to the Finals, you're 3-guard lineup with LBJ and Love at the 4 and 5 can be a productive one against Golden State, though I'd be concerned about the interior defense.

Love will have issues with San Antonio.. bad matchup for them.

Vee-Rex
01-14-2016, 09:50 AM
Love will have issues with San Antonio.. bad matchup for them.

I actually disagree. I think Love will have a decent game. He may even be key, depending on who the Spurs put on him.

Love tends to stink when matched up against athletic bigs. LMA/Duncan/West/Diaw aren't the most athletic bunch around.

kdspurman
01-14-2016, 10:15 AM
I actually disagree. I think Love will have a decent game. He may even be key, depending on who the Spurs put on him.

Love tends to stink when matched up against athletic bigs. LMA/Duncan/West/Diaw aren't the most athletic bunch around.

I think in their match up last year (their first game), Diaw had his way with Love in the post. I don't know enough of the history w/him and LMA, but Boris went to work on him. They aren't athletic, but they are quite skilled in the post.

That was also when Boris started, so it'll obviously be different this time around, but they definitely went at him in the post.

Arch Stanton
01-14-2016, 10:27 AM
Somehow I don't think Kyrie is going to score 57 tonight, like he had last year in SA.

kdspurman
01-14-2016, 10:48 AM
Somehow I don't think Kyrie is going to score 57 tonight, like he had last year in SA.

That freaking game man... lol

I know he's capable of getting hot in a hurry. Hopefully they do a better job of slowing him down

Vee-Rex
01-14-2016, 11:12 AM
I think in their match up last year (their first game), Diaw had his way with Love in the post. I don't know enough of the history w/him and LMA, but Boris went to work on him. They aren't athletic, but they are quite skilled in the post.

That was also when Boris started, so it'll obviously be different this time around, but they definitely went at him in the post.

Lol yeah I remember that. Diaw was abusing him.

I'm interested in seeing what Blatt does with his rotations since he took Mozgov out of the starting lineup.

kdspurman
01-14-2016, 11:20 AM

I'm interested in seeing what Blatt does with his rotations since he took Mozgov out of the starting lineup.

Are you guys starting TT now?

ewing
01-14-2016, 11:27 AM

Diaw in the post is the biggest trap ever. He is good enough where you should give help but if you do, you are going to get destroyed with the pass. I'd let him post up and give no help. If he scores, he scores

Vee-Rex
01-14-2016, 11:43 AM
Are you guys starting TT now?

Yup. Only big men we're really using regularly right now are TT/Love. Mozgov has been averaging only 15 minutes per game the last 10 games, and those minutes have been unsteady. LeBron is playing at the 4 a lot.

kdspurman
01-14-2016, 11:57 AM
Yup. Only big men we're really using regularly right now are TT/Love. Mozgov has been averaging only 15 minutes per game the last 10 games, and those minutes have been unsteady. LeBron is playing at the 4 a lot.

Interesting. I mean ya'll are playing great now, so it's working well. It's just strange cause Mozgov was pretty good last year. But I guess that's sort of where the game is now, and if need be against a bigger team, he could come in handy

LOb0
01-18-2016, 10:47 PM
Well that question was answered

tredigs
01-18-2016, 10:50 PM

Indeed.
Not trolling you, but what are your thoughts after those two games in general? Do you think they'll get it back. You also mentioned in another thread that while Lebron's season had clearly been inferior to Curry, that you believed he would prove to be the best player on the floor when the two teams met. Have you shifted in your overall opinion of Lebron being the games best player after these games?

lakerfan85
01-18-2016, 11:01 PM
Not trolling you, but what are your thoughts after those two games in general? Do you think they'll get it back. You also mentioned in another thread that while Lebron's season had clearly been inferior to Curry, that you believed he would prove to be the best player on the floor when the two teams met. Have you shifted in your overall opinion of Lebron being the games best player after these games?

Steph is the best player in the league hands down.. It's not even close at this point..

The Senator
01-19-2016, 01:10 AM
Can I answer this topic with a big NO?

likemystylez
01-19-2016, 01:17 AM
Can I answer this topic with a big NO?

LOL not "today" anyway... maybe on the 10th when the post was started

IKnowHoops
01-19-2016, 02:02 AM

You know what, when I looked at the stat line after the game, the first thing I thought about was that conversation between the two of us. I mean, yeah, Curry definitely killed Bron in this game. All respect to him for that. Bron played a bad game and they played great D against him.

I actually did say earlier in this thread that they were #3 currently. The thing is, the Cavs won't have a chance against a team like that unless Kyrie can get back to a 55 point scorer. Right now he's not that guy. Besides that the team needs to get there chemistry better with the return of Kyrie and Shumpert. TT needs to get better as I think he will. Bron needs to be a more aggressive play maker. He needs to penetrate and dish more.

As for what GS did to them. When they are that hot they are mathematically impossible to beat lol. Every team in the NBA looses to them when they are shooting like that. The Cavs need to find a better way of defending GS though still. There offense was as impressive an offense as I have ever seen. Maybe the best offensive performance I have ever seen by a team. It was an epic beatdown.

I still dont put Curry better than Bron, even though I admit Curry is having a better year. If Curry continues this and outplays him in the playoffs and for the Ring, then I will def agree that Curry is the best player in the NBA. But if Lebron outplays him in the playoffs and in the finals, then its still Bron.

After that beating, I'm not as confident in Cleveland, I wouldn't bet on Cleveland to be better than the dubs by season's end, but I think they still have as good a chance as any.

tredigs
01-19-2016, 02:06 AM
^Cool fair enough.

IKnowHoops
01-19-2016, 02:09 AM
lol not "today" anyway... Maybe on the 10th when the post was started

lol

IKnowHoops
01-19-2016, 02:22 AM
I think you have to have GS as the best team in the NBA. Regardless of how good the Spurs have been, it has not been as good as GS. And after both teams just played probably the #3 team in the league, GS proved to be better against and by a pretty solid margin. Who knows who will win the ring, but "today" the GS warriors deserve the respect of being the #1 team in the NBA.

Bostonjorge
01-19-2016, 02:33 AM
Spurs outscored the heat in the series by the largest average point differential (14.0) in Finals history. I think the Warriors will break this recorded against the Cavs in this years Finals.

kdspurman
01-19-2016, 09:11 AM
I think you have to have GS as the best team in the NBA. Regardless of how good the Spurs have been, it has not been as good as GS. And after both teams just played probably the #3 team in the league, GS proved to be better against and by a pretty solid margin. Who knows who will win the ring, but "today" the GS warriors deserve the respect of being the #1 team in the NBA.

If you go purely by W/L maybe. Statistically they've been every bit as good

IndyRealist
01-19-2016, 10:03 AM
Is it really fair to say that anyone not named Wilt -has- to be a 55pt scorer? Basically you're saying the Cavs aren't good enough then. If Paul George suddenly became a 55pt scorer I'd like our chances too.

Tony_Starks
01-19-2016, 10:18 AM
Spurs outscored the heat in the series by the largest average point differential (14.0) in Finals history. I think the Warriors will break this recorded against the Cavs in this years Finals.

I'm not sure about that.

I do however think they just sweep the Cavs this year tho.

Spurs and Warriors are the Finals this year, the same way Lakers and Spurs or Lakers and Kings was the Finals for a while...

Kyben36
01-19-2016, 10:30 AM
Ha. After that game last night, lol.

Scoots
01-19-2016, 11:38 AM
But the Cavs are healthy and with Mo Williams and a year of experience are better than last year.

Sly Guy
01-19-2016, 11:42 AM
yesterday? maybe. Today, no, no way. :P

mrblisterdundee
01-19-2016, 12:20 PM
This thread should have been closed by the beginning of the fourth quarter last night. The Cavs don't have the two-way talent of the Warriors. Draymond and Klay are better than any Cavs player not named LeBron.

Scoots
01-19-2016, 01:44 PM
This thread should have been closed by the beginning of the fourth quarter last night. The Cavs don't have the two-way talent of the Warriors. Draymond and Klay are better than any Cavs player not named LeBron.

Coming into the season The Warriors were considered to have 2 top 25 players (Curry and Green) and the Cavs 3. Curry was "probably top 5" while LeBron was "the best player in the world".

The Cavs were supposed to dominate when their big 3 were healthy. What has changed? LeBron is still awesome, but he can't do it all by himself. Irving and Love are still bad defenders and possibly poor fits. Irving is still fragile and on a team that has too many fragile pieces. Thompson has regressed rather than progressed. Mozgov has regressed. JR Smith has regressed. They added Mo and Delly is playing better ... but that's not enough. The shine has rubbed off and now they have to figure out how to make it work again with a team that might not fit together. Maybe they can figure it out when LeBron takes his vacation?

Hawkeye15
01-19-2016, 02:01 PM
Coming into the season The Warriors were considered to have 2 top 25 players (Curry and Green) and the Cavs 3. Curry was "probably top 5" while LeBron was "the best player in the world".

The Cavs were supposed to dominate when their big 3 were healthy. What has changed? LeBron is still awesome, but he can't do it all by himself. Irving and Love are still bad defenders and possibly poor fits. Irving is still fragile and on a team that has too many fragile pieces. Thompson has regressed rather than progressed. Mozgov has regressed. JR Smith has regressed. They added Mo and Delly is playing better ... but that's not enough. The shine has rubbed off and now they have to figure out how to make it work again with a team that might not fit together. Maybe they can figure it out when LeBron takes his vacation?

Love is not an all star level player with 2 totally ball dominant perimeter players. His value is scoring and rebounding. If he isn't getting a steady dose of looks, his scoring will go down exponentially, especially since they play him 20 feet from the rim, taking away his huge advantage to draw fouls in the paint.

Scoots
01-19-2016, 02:15 PM
Love is not an all star level player with 2 totally ball dominant perimeter players. His value is scoring and rebounding. If he isn't getting a steady dose of looks, his scoring will go down exponentially, especially since they play him 20 feet from the rim, taking away his huge advantage to draw fouls in the paint.

So it's how they are using him that's the problem? Maybe, but I don't think they CAN use him the way he wants. I think a big issue is that Love is also a ball dominant player. He's used to having the ball and having an offense move around him, just like LeBron and Kyrie are

Love's efficiency isn't too much different from when he was THE star ... it's just the results that are worse.

Hawkeye15
01-19-2016, 02:55 PM
So it's how they are using him that's the problem? Maybe, but I don't think they CAN use him the way he wants. I think a big issue is that Love is also a ball dominant player. He's used to having the ball and having an offense move around him, just like LeBron and Kyrie are

Love's efficiency isn't too much different from when he was THE star ... it's just the results that are worse.

Yes, he isn't necessary. Not at his money. If you aren't going to give him shots, he offers nothing else but rebounding, and occasionally pulling someone out of the lane as a spacer.

He is an example of why it doesn't just work to chuck a bunch of #1 options together and call them a contender, they have to fit.

Vee-Rex
01-19-2016, 06:50 PM
Yes, he isn't necessary. Not at his money. If you aren't going to give him shots, he offers nothing else but rebounding, and occasionally pulling someone out of the lane as a spacer.

He is an example of why it doesn't just work to chuck a bunch of #1 options together and call them a contender, they have to fit.

To be fair, I don't see any team really beating the Cavs in a 7-game series except the record-breaking Spurs and Warriors.

Across every forum I'm seeing fans of all teams trash the Cavs. Saying they need to blow it up and rebuild, trade Love, trade Irving, trade LeBron.

People all over (including Dubs fans) are so focused on tearing down the Cavs that they haven't even given the Dubs the credit they deserved for that game.

In the end, if the Cavs have an extremely difficult time beating teams that are, quite literally (and statistically), the best teams ever, that's not something to criticize them about.

That game should be humbling for Cavs fans at the same time. Tip your hat off and move on.

rhymeratic
01-19-2016, 06:56 PM
To be fair, I don't see any team really beating the Cavs in a 7-game series except the record-breaking Spurs and Warriors.

Across every forum I'm seeing fans of all teams trash the Cavs. Saying they need to blow it up and rebuild, trade Love, trade Irving, trade LeBron.

People all over (including Dubs fans) are so focused on tearing down the Cavs that they haven't even given the Dubs the credit they deserved for that game.

Sometimes some teams are just a bad matchup. No different than Bulls vs Pistons back in the day. A lot of times winning a championship isn't about being the best team but a combination of being one of the top teams and catching breaks in your favor. Golden State got gifted through the playoffs last year in not having to face teams at full strength. The chip gave them confidence now which they were lacking.

I FULLY expect the Spurs to humble them. Or even some unconventional 8th seed that somehow has the kyrptonite to shut down Curry and neutralize their 3pt game... With the right trade a team like Sacramento or Portland could be that kind of team.

Scoots
01-19-2016, 06:56 PM

In the end, if the Cavs have an extremely difficult time beating teams that are, quite literally (and statistically), the best teams ever, that's not something to criticize them about.

That game should be humbling for Cavs fans at the same time. Tip your hat off and move on.

I don't know that serious bball fans are saying the blow the team up ... if they are like me I'm just surprised the Cavs are not more dominant and more consistent in how they play the game. It just seems like the machine has some missing parts (or wrong parts) that cause it to grind from time to time and the whole machine isn't pulling in the same direction together very often. It curious, that's all.

Vee-Rex
01-19-2016, 07:02 PM
I don't know that serious bball fans are saying the blow the team up ... if they are like me I'm just surprised the Cavs are not more dominant and more consistent in how they play the game. It just seems like the machine has some missing parts (or wrong parts) that cause it to grind from time to time and the whole machine isn't pulling in the same direction together very often. It curious, that's all.

I'm starting to wonder if they all (Irving/JR/Love/Mozgov) have low BBIQ. They're just not consistent enough.

I've seen Irving play so well defensively against top tier point guards, and I've seen Love play really good defensive games (not blocking shots, but being in the right positions). They just don't do it nearly consistently enough against better teams, because those better teams are too versatile and talented offensively.

Also, Blatt was terrible with his gameplan and failed to make any adjustments. There's only so many times (finals games 4/5/6 and christmas day) a team should keep trapping Curry and leaving Green open for a 4 on 3 scenario before realizing it's just. not. working.

Scoots
01-19-2016, 07:42 PM
Also, LeBron was terrible with his gameplan and failed to make any adjustments.

Fixed it for you ... apparently it's not a "backroom" thing anymore with LeBron supposedly taking his actual seat now :)

a team should keep trapping Curry and leaving Green open for a 4 on 3 scenario before realizing it's just. not. working.

Most of the NBA doesn't have that memo yet. I don't get it either.

Holydiver
01-19-2016, 07:43 PM
Cavs suck, Bulls suck, Heat suck the East sucks

Gander13SM
01-19-2016, 07:48 PM
I think Love is expendable. He has more value to them as trade bait than he does as the third guy in the big 3.

I'm a big believer in having balance.

But blowing up the roster would be stupid. This team will be cruising the east. I'll be surprised if they drop more than 2-3 games the entire playoffs up until the finals.

Hawkeye15
01-19-2016, 08:14 PM

I think the Warriors, Spurs, and Cavs are probably the first tier of teams when it comes to winning a chip. Sure.

I just mean, I don't think this collection of Cavs is going to be a favorite at any point, like his Miami teams probably were now and then. Love is a bad fit for that money. No way around it. He is a poor defender, and isn't being used right.

mrblisterdundee
01-20-2016, 03:13 AM

I think Love could thrive in Utah, which could benefit from his shooting and passing next to a defensive stalwart like Rudy Gobert. Derrick Favors is playing better overall, but you if you make Love the primary scoring option, he can go right back to scoring around 25 per game, drilling threes and getting at least 10 rebounds a game — that's what he does well.
Favors and Tristan Thompson would be a force to be reckoned with defensively on the glass. Favors would further improve Cleveland's defense and provide them a lot of front court configurations.

IndyRealist
01-20-2016, 10:05 AM
I think Love could thrive in Utah, which could benefit from his shooting and passing next to a defensive stalwart like Rudy Gobert. Derrick Favors is playing better overall, but you if you make Love the primary scoring option, he can go right back to scoring around 25 per game, drilling threes and getting at least 10 rebounds a game — that's what he does well.
Favors and Tristan Thompson would be a force to be reckoned with defensively on the glass. Favors would further improve Cleveland's defense and provide them a lot of front court configurations.
What matters in today's NBA is spacing on offense and being able to switch on PnR. Thompson and Favors seem to occupy the same space on offense, and defensively hang back close to the rim. I dunno if that would work.

Scoots
01-20-2016, 11:39 AM
Need to put Love's offensive skills into Thompson's body while not losing Thompson's D.

CHANGO
01-20-2016, 05:20 PM
To me, a lot of fans are overreacting to the Warriors win. Warriors came to play, NO OTHER TEAM would beat the Warriors when the W's were shooting like that, they were shooting like 60% from the floor and 60% from 3pt land, that was just a mad team being ready to play after an embarrassing loss against the Pistons. At the other end, Cavs were just BAD, Love missing wide open 3's, Irving too, but we have to remember that Irving is coming of an injury, this isn't (hopefully) the same Cavs team that will show up to the Playoffs.

In terms of play, they just play a lot of ISO, Irving dribbling too much, Lebron dribbling too much, JR fooling too much, Love being a decoy on the 3pt line. There is no ball movement right now. I hope we see a better Cavs team when playoffs starts. And that starts with Kyrie and Love.

Laker Legend42
01-20-2016, 06:46 PM
i

IKnowHoops
05-15-2017, 01:56 PM
Different year, same old question.

And I am going to go out on a limb and say yes. I think the level at which Lebron is playing at is going to overpower the greatest team ever assembled in the ultimate show of basketball power. Would be like Jordan's bulls beating a team comprised of Prime Magic, Bird, Worthy, Rodman, Sally.

prodigy
05-15-2017, 02:19 PM

prodigy
05-15-2017, 02:22 PM
Until the Warriors can find an answer for Lebron ill never pick against the GOAT. Irving and the role players will need to play well again so Lebron don't see triple teams.

Dré
05-15-2017, 03:36 PM
Golden State first round opponent: Trailblazers - cummulative point differential of -0.5 & SRS of -0.23.

Golden State second round opponent: Jazz - cummulative point differential of +3.9 & SRS of +4.00.

Golden State third round opponent: Spurs - cummulative point differential +7.2 & SRS of +7.13.

Now the Blazers were without Nurkic, and the Jazz lost Hill, plus Gobert had to play through an injury he'd sustained in the first round. But no one gave Golden State a pass last season when Steph went down with both an ankle and knee injury. So, despite an added disadvantage, Golden State's sweep of two solid early round opponents was still nothing short of impressive.

The Spurs likely lost Kawhi for at least a game or two, which will hurt the Spurs' chances. But with a deep roster and the best coach in basketball, I fully expect the Spurs to test Golden State as much as they possibly can.

Cleveland will not be tested throughout the Eastern Conference playoffs. The only other teams worth their salt in point differential and SRS are Toronto (already swept), Washington, and Boston. AFAIK, all three had a worse point diff and SRS than Utah.

Whoever of GS or SA advances out of the west (likely Golden State), should be the clear favorites. Cleveland is good. They're not the favorites though. But with the King, anything is possible.

More-Than-Most
05-15-2017, 03:58 PM
cavs stand no chance once the warriors send in the ZAZA

Dré
05-15-2017, 04:09 PM
Kawhi reaggravated his sprained ankle on a previous possession, landing on David Lee's foot. From my vantage point, it seemed like the second time he rolled the ankle (in that game), Zaza's contact with Leonard was merely incidental. That said, I don't think intent really matters in the grand scheme of things, because either way, Kawhi's out for Game 2.

Vee-Rex
05-15-2017, 04:31 PM
I believe the Cavs can beat the Warriors. I think our offense and 3-point shooting is better. Yep, you heard it here first.

I also don't believe the Warriors have amazing chemistry with Durant. He gets his big moments for sure and solves a ton of ISO-related problems with their offense, but it still feels a bit rigid at times. Like oil and water.

Assuming the Cavs get past BOS/WAS I think GS will be in for a nasty surprise. They're not gonna sweep Cleveland, that's for sure.

nastynice
05-15-2017, 05:58 PM
I believe the Cavs can beat the Warriors. I think our offense and 3-point shooting is better. Yep, you heard it here first.

I also don't believe the Warriors have amazing chemistry with Durant. He gets his big moments for sure and solves a ton of ISO-related problems with their offense, but it still feels a bit rigid at times. Like oil and water.

Assuming the Cavs get past BOS/WAS I think GS will be in for a nasty surprise. They're not gonna sweep Cleveland, that's for sure.

Bro, what the hell? How you gonna say in for a nasty surprise, but the only thing you throw out there is Cavs won't be swept?

If you gonna smack talk, my dude, you gotta commit to it! lol

nastynice
05-15-2017, 06:00 PM
Lebron is at his prime, and he has his best team (not talent wise) of his career. People so fascinated with the Warriors, everyone sleeping on the Cavs

mike_noodles
05-15-2017, 06:13 PM
I don't get why people are laughing. Yes, it is possible that they are the best team. Replace LeBron with Durant or Curry or Harden or Westbrook and they aren't nearly as good, sure. But LeBron is part of the TEAM and they can beat anyone on any given night.

FlashBolt
05-15-2017, 06:13 PM

Klay is struggling, though. If he's on, Warriors are ten times more dangerous just because there's too many weapons. Cavs need Irving/Love to be at 100% and LeBron at 200% to win. The odds Cavs winning is less than the Warriors because Cavs gotta be clicking on all cylinders. Warriors can have a bad game from one player and still win. It's tough. I like Cavs bench a lot. Deron seems motivated and I'm thinking they're saving RJ for Durant. Haven't seen the guy at all. of course, never needed him anyways.

IKnowHoops
05-16-2017, 02:12 AM
Lebron is at his prime, and he has his best team (not talent wise) of his career. People so fascinated with the Warriors, everyone sleeping on the Cavs

You always think I'm hatin, but I see eye to eye with you probably more than anyone else on here...but Zaza pulled a dirty one. And if you dont think so, then we are as far apart as ever. And yes Bruce was dirty too, and admitted as such. Saw him do it to Ray Allen back in his Sonic days I believe. Bruce is dirty too. But at least he was a good defender too. Zaza is just a big Goon. The closest thing you can get to a POS in the NBA is Zaza.