PDA

View Full Version : Oddball HOF Picks

JasonJohnHorn
01-09-2016, 03:17 PM
This is a two-pronged thread.

1. Who is in the HOF currently that you think is an odd pick for the HOF.
2. Who is a player you think SHOULD be in the HOF (regardless as to whether or not they actually are in) that most other people think your silly for advocating for?

PhillyFaninLA
01-09-2016, 03:41 PM
I do want to add, for those that forget.....this is a basketball hall of fame and not NBA....there is no NBA hall of fame

JasonJohnHorn
01-09-2016, 04:20 PM
I do want to add, for those that forget.....this is a basketball hall of fame and not NBA....there is no NBA hall of fame

Good point! Thank you!

ewing
01-09-2016, 04:48 PM
Some might disagree but i going to go with women. No cares about women's basketball. They should have there own Hall.

JasonJohnHorn
01-09-2016, 05:15 PM
Robert Horry is the guy I think should be in that most people disagree with me about. What he accomplished in his role, and the success he had, is unparalleled by anybody not on the Celtics teams of the 60's.

lamzoka
01-09-2016, 05:39 PM
Robert Horry is the guy I think should be in that most people disagree with me about. What he accomplished in his role, and the success he had, is unparalleled by anybody not on the Celtics teams of the 60's.

Agree 100%. Big Shot Bob should be a Hall of Famer.

slashsnake
01-09-2016, 06:01 PM
Well the author stated the reason why, but to put in... Christian Laettner, (more about college than NBA of course).

Horry... tough, Does he deserve to be in before Loscy? Hit the free throws to win Boston's first ever championship and won 6 more...

Looks like Steve Kerr now is one for that.... player/coach.

Jack Sikma I think is still waiting... 15,000 points, 10,000 rebounds, 3,000 assists, 1,000 steals and 1,000 blocks. Only other guys to do that... Kareem, Barkley, Karl Malone, Olajuwon, and Garnett.

valade16
01-09-2016, 06:17 PM
Robert Horry should not be in the HOF. He averaged over 10 PPG 3 times in his career and his primary attribute was shooting.

He won a lot of championships but C'Mon, he played with Hakeem/O'Neal/Kobe/Duncan on teams coached by Rudy Tomjanovich/Phil Jackson/Greg Popovich.

I think the foursome who are all top 10 players all-time and the coaches who are all top 10 coaches all-time had a lot to do with those titles.

If he had played his entire career for the Grizzlies no way he makes the HOF. It's not a very ringing endorsement when the biggest reason he should be in the hall is "played with X".

KnicksorBust
01-09-2016, 07:09 PM
Robert Horry should not be in the HOF. He averaged over 10 PPG 3 times in his career and his primary attribute was shooting.

He won a lot of championships but C'Mon, he played with Hakeem/O'Neal/Kobe/Duncan on teams coached by Rudy Tomjanovich/Phil Jackson/Greg Popovich.

I think the foursome who are all top 10 players all-time and the coaches who are all top 10 coaches all-time had a lot to do with those titles.

If he had played his entire career for the Grizzlies no way he makes the HOF. It's not a very ringing endorsement when the biggest reason he should be in the hall is "played with X".

He was a good defender too. :)

valade16
01-09-2016, 07:35 PM
He was a good defender too. :)

:laugh2:

I don't care.