PDA

View Full Version : Which NBA players should be in the Space Jam sequel?

Tg11
01-04-2016, 02:49 PM
Personally if they do ever come out with a Space Jam sequel then who should be in the lead role? Definitely Lebron because he's the closest thing we have to Jordan so that being said as for who the Monstars should take their talent from next well these would be the players they should take it from:

Anthony Davis (replacing Larry Johnson)
Chris Paul (replacing Muggsy Bogues)
Dirk Nowitzki (replacing Shawn Bradley)
Dwight Howard (replacing Patrick Ewing)
Draymond Green (replacing Charles Barkley)

Bron > Kobe
01-04-2016, 02:57 PM
I understand that Draymond looks kind of like a Monstar already, but why him and not Steph Curry? After all, Steph is the best player in the league right now.

Tg11
01-04-2016, 03:00 PM
Steph Curry I would want him in the lead but is he the Jordan of our generation right now? I would like to think so but you know they would cast Lebron

FlashBolt
01-04-2016, 06:05 PM
Steph Curry I would want him in the lead but is he the Jordan of our generation right now? I would like to think so but you know they would cast Lebron

I hate to sound harsh but that is honestly a stupid idea. LeBron is most certainly the biggest athlete since Jordan. I don't think or want to even question it at this point. Curry may be the better player but that doesn't translate to his brand. LeBron's basketball brand is second to only Jordan and his appeal in the entertainment/business industry is lightyears above anyone else currently and probably, ever. The reason Steph shouldn't be on it is because:

1) He doesn't have the sheer impact James would have both in terms of athletically/entertainment/business wise.
2) LeBron has shown he is capable of acting.
3) Curry playing the other roles wouldn't make sense because you don't want a "better" player than your leading actor in LeBron.

LeBron James (replacing Michael Jordan)
I'd like to see Chris Bosh/Dwight there just because both are childlike and that would resonate with most viewers. Kyrie/Draymond would be cool too. Would not mind seeing Wade/Melo in there as well.

Gander13SM
01-04-2016, 06:27 PM
Assuming it's a direct remake;

Kobe replacing Jordan. Why? He's retiring. You could make it fit, like the first one but instead of baseball have him suited up behind a desk doing some marketing crap for his brand.

Then...

Blake Griffin replacing Ewing. Simply because he was funny as heck in those Kia commercials imo. I think he could be a decent actor (by athlete standards).

Chris Bosh replacing Shawn Bradley. He's cartoon like anyway.

Stephen Curry replacing Muggsy Bogues. Just because it makes too much sense.

James Harden replacing Barkely. Purely because I want a monster with a stupidly oversized alien beard.

AND... the big twist.

JAVAL MCGEE replacing Larry.

Throw in a Shaq cameo and maybe some sort of Kobe V MJ/ Rocky III ending where they're about to go one on one for all the world's marbles and it cuts to the credits.

mrblisterdundee
01-04-2016, 11:51 PM
Personally if they do ever come out with a Space Jam sequel then who should be in the lead role? Definitely Lebron because he's the closest thing we have to Jordan so that being said as for who the Monstars should take their talent from next well these would be the players they should take it from:

Anthony Davis (replacing Larry Johnson)
Chris Paul (replacing Muggsy Bogues)
Dirk Nowitzki (replacing Shawn Bradley)
Dwight Howard (replacing Patrick Ewing)
Draymond Green (replacing Charles Barkley)

Dwight Howard has a very uninteresting personality, so let's replace him with DeMarcus Cousins. And if Muggsy Bogues should be replaced by anyone, it's either Nate Robinson or Isaiah Thomas.

Tg11
01-05-2016, 12:23 AM
Or instead this is what I would do:

Muggsy Bogues- Isaiah Thomas
Patrick Ewing- DeAndre Jordan
Larry Johnson- Kevin Durant
Shawn Bradley- Kristaps Porzingis
Charles Barkley- LaMarcus Aldridge

Bostonjorge
01-05-2016, 01:31 AM
Delonte west for sure

KnicksorBust
01-05-2016, 07:33 AM
Or instead this is what I would do:

Muggsy Bogues- Isaiah Thomas
Patrick Ewing- DeAndre Jordan
Charles Barkley- LaMarcus Aldridge

I like these picks but in reality you know CP3 would be in this movie. I also think AD would play the Barkley role nicely. Would rather see Andre Drummond as Ewing.

Tg11
01-05-2016, 09:25 AM
I like these picks but in reality you know CP3 would be in this movie. I also think AD would play the Barkley role nicely. Would rather see Andre Drummond as Ewing.

Yes I think Andre Drummond kind of would fit the Barkley role perfectly but then the Barkley role needs to be on a player that is not only a player similar to Barkley in terms of stats but also in trash talking as well since Barkley was known for that during his career

CP3 he in all likelihood would probably get the Bogues role or he would be able to fit into it nicely but I chose Isaiah Thomas mainly because I am biased like that since I'm a Celtics fan LOL

But Andre Drummond I think fits the Ewing role more than he does Barkley

Mr. Harden aka James Harden they would probably stick him in the Larry Johnson role if anything

Bostonjorge
01-05-2016, 04:04 PM
KG as the fierce intense monster

Blake has the cool lay back monster

Deandre as the big strong goof monster

Isiah Thomas as the speedy monster

Wade as the captain monster

cheetos185
01-05-2016, 04:59 PM
Muggsy Bogues- Russell
Patrick Ewing- Towns
Larry Johnson- Winslow
Charles Barkley- Okafor

The young rooks vs the retired Kobe

Redrum187
01-05-2016, 05:11 PM
Tim Duncan and Dirk Nowitzki need to be in it. My 2 favorite players of all time. :(

NYKalltheway
01-05-2016, 07:18 PM
Assuming it's a direct remake;

Kobe replacing Jordan. Why? He's retiring. You could make it fit, like the first one but instead of baseball have him suited up behind a desk doing some marketing crap for his brand.

Then...

Blake Griffin replacing Ewing. Simply because he was funny as heck in those Kia commercials imo. I think he could be a decent actor (by athlete standards).

Chris Bosh replacing Shawn Bradley. He's cartoon like anyway.

Stephen Curry replacing Muggsy Bogues. Just because it makes too much sense.

James Harden replacing Barkely. Purely because I want a monster with a stupidly oversized alien beard.

AND... the big twist.

JAVAL MCGEE replacing Larry.

Throw in a Shaq cameo and maybe some sort of Kobe V MJ/ Rocky III ending where they're about to go one on one for all the world's marbles and it cuts to the credits.

I'd watch that twice in a row when it's out :p

Tg11
01-06-2016, 12:43 PM
Lebron of course replacing Jordan

Patrick Ewing- Dwight Howard

Charles Barkley- DeAndre Jordan

Muggsy Bogues- Isaiah Thomas, Chris Paul or Nate Robinson

b_russ
01-06-2016, 02:46 PM
Space Jam came out in the fall of '96. Appart from Jordan, only Ewing, Barkley and LJ had been all-stars. The only reason Bradley and Bogues were in it was because of their extremities. Johnson was the only real up-and-comer considering he and Bradley were the only ones under 30 at the time.

20 years later, yeah, a lot has changed and they're probably not looking to make a carbon copy remake and the same may be true with the casting, but I think there will still be a similar direction like the original. They probably won't all be all-stars and currently the best/most exciting players in the league. Think about it, where were Shaq, Penny, Kemp, Pippen, Grant Hill, Malone and Olajuwon? All had done TV, even movies. With that said, this is who I'd realistically guess:

- Dwight Howard (Probably aspires to this more than a championship.)
- Nate Robinson (Currently not in the league, but he'd fill the midget role and has the cheesy persona they're probably looking for)
- Chris Paul (Just seems like the type of thing he/his agent would sign him up for.)
- Kevin Love (You're kidding yourself if you don't think there'd be a white guy. He'd probably be up for it.)
- Carmelo Anthony (Playing the Barkley "best friend" role. For the right price he would.)

Other possibilities:
- Blake Griffin/DeAndre Jordan (Seems like something they'd love to do but might be trying to shed that image.)
- James Harden (I could see this, but I'd imagine others want it more.)
- Damian Lillard (Anything for that brand of his.)
- Giannis Antetokounmpo (Wildcard, likeable guy, "Greek Freak" marketing.)
- Chris Bosh (They'd want a white guy cast first.)
- Robin Lopez ("Fun hair," tall, New York. Maybe cast Brook too for the "goofy twins.")
- Kevin Garnett/Tim Duncan (Recognizable. Nice paycheck to deliver a couple of lines.)
- Russell Westbrook (*shrugs* maybe?)

Nope:
- Dwyane Wade (They asked him before Melo, hesitated, "nah.")
- Steph Curry/Kevin Durrant (Only would for the staring role.)
- Draymond Green (Not with LeBron starring. He'd rather make fun of it.)

LOb0
01-06-2016, 07:05 PM
Anthony Bennett. He can be a stunt double for the players when their talent gets taken away.