PDA

View Full Version : Classic

kobe4thewinbang
12-30-2015, 01:21 AM
Watched this for the first time on Hulu last night, and holy crap! This was nuts. I would post in the classic NBA forum, but looks pretty dead and I wanted to know what ya'll think/thought about it.

Ray Allen set a Celtics record with 9 incredible 3PT shots and was generally playing in another stratosphere (51 points), running all over like Rip Hamilton with range, though he looked tired as game went on. Boston defied two double-digit deficits including an 18-0 run that put them up by 10 with clock winding down in the 4th quarter, after a 3 by Paul Pierce whose nose got busted open, only for John Salmons and Brad freaking Miller to save the day.

Then, yeah, three overtime periods with Ben Gordon, Paul Pierce and Kendrick Perkins fouling out, a huge dunk by Joakim Noah, 15+ assists by Rondo and tenacity on the boards, despite taking and missing a 3 that should've been Ray Allen's late, getting blocked by Rose, and gaffing a last second prayer, missing two free throws that would've all but defeated Chicago in the 4th, and Big Baby Glen Davis playing strong.

Rookie of the Year, D-Rose, went quiet after a hot start due to awful defense by Rondo, but John Salmons was great, Kirk Hinrich was fiery and it was just a great game!

Poor Kevin Garnett had to painstakingly watch this rollercoaster, injured for the defending champions, who would recover and win Game 7, before being ousted by the Magic.

Ray Allen was unreal, and it's tough to see Pierce have a bad game, missing potential game-winning shots and making bad passes (which led to Noah's jam).

D-Leethal
12-30-2015, 10:01 AM
The whole series was bananas. One of the best 7 game series I've ever seen. I think there was like a total of 6 OT's or even more throughout the series.

Chronz
12-30-2015, 03:54 PM
Its a classic series that tells me you only started truly watching the nba recently. Still, you seem to be a student of the game if you're watching this on hulu. One thing you should know, without KG, the series loses much of its luster. Its like watching 2 overachievers.

Doesn't quite compare to the spurs vs clips matchup that both coaches admit sapped their championship potential. That was essentially a western conference finals matchup caliber series in R1. Now that is the most epic series from a qualitative point of view. Subjectively, people prefer aesthetics and different styles of play... Sorta like when people say they prefer NCAA to the NBA.

Great series no doubt, but watching it confirmed my beliefs. They weren't winning a thing without KG

kobe4thewinbang
12-30-2015, 07:19 PM
Its a classic series that tells me you only started truly watching the nba recently. Still, you seem to be a student of the game if you're watching this on hulu. One thing you should know, without KG, the series loses much of its luster. Its like watching 2 overachievers.

Doesn't quite compare to the spurs vs clips matchup that both coaches admit sapped their championship potential. That was essentially a western conference finals matchup caliber series in R1. Now that is the most epic series from a qualitative point of view. Subjectively, people prefer aesthetics and different styles of play... Sorta like when people say they prefer NCAA to the NBA.

Great series no doubt, but watching it confirmed my beliefs. They weren't winning a thing without KGI started watching during the Lakers-Kings rivalry, so yeah missed all the MJ days, but your're right in thinking I dig the game, as I enjoy the championship movies for every year's Finals champion and I liked the Knics 30 by 30 special. Hulu has a lot of good NBA stuff. Spurs-Clippers was great but begged for playoff seed restructure. I think the league missed out on a better road to the finals, even though Cavs-Warriors drew a lot. KG was the soul of that Celtics team, which was made clear on the 2008 movie. Kendrick Perkins had the bulk but not the brain like KG or the scoring, and Glen Davis might've been a smarter choice but gives up height, plus even he fouled out and has moments of questionable intelligence.

KnicksorBust
12-30-2015, 08:00 PM
Watched this for the first time on Hulu last night, and holy crap! This was nuts. I would post in the classic NBA forum, but looks pretty dead and I wanted to know what ya'll think/thought about it.

Ray Allen set a Celtics record with 9 incredible 3PT shots and was generally playing in another stratosphere (51 points), running all over like Rip Hamilton with range, though he looked tired as game went on. Boston defied two double-digit deficits including an 18-0 run that put them up by 10 with clock winding down in the 4th quarter, after a 3 by Paul Pierce whose nose got busted open, only for John Salmons and Brad freaking Miller to save the day.

Then, yeah, three overtime periods with Ben Gordon, Paul Pierce and Kendrick Perkins fouling out, a huge dunk by Joakim Noah, 15+ assists by Rondo and tenacity on the boards, despite taking and missing a 3 that should've been Ray Allen's late, getting blocked by Rose, and gaffing a last second prayer, missing two free throws that would've all but defeated Chicago in the 4th, and Big Baby Glen Davis playing strong.

Rookie of the Year, D-Rose, went quiet after a hot start due to awful defense by Rondo, but John Salmons was great, Kirk Hinrich was fiery and it was just a great game!

Poor Kevin Garnett had to painstakingly watch this rollercoaster, injured for the defending champions, who would recover and win Game 7, before being ousted by the Magic.

Ray Allen was unreal, and it's tough to see Pierce have a bad game, missing potential game-winning shots and making bad passes (which led to Noah's jam).

Great throwback. I actually went to Game 7 in Boston. Left my Knicks gear at home.

kobe4thewinbang
12-30-2015, 08:50 PM
Great throwback. I actually went to Game 7 in Boston. Left my Knicks gear at home.Ha, awesome. Glad they were able to win Game 7. I bet those fans in Chicago for Game 6 were wiped out after spectating that clash.