PDA

View Full Version : Report: Bulls believe Jimmy Butler has changed as person, question his leadership

spreadeagle
12-28-2015, 06:38 PM
Jimmy Butler and Derrick Rose have reportedly had problems with each other (though both have denied that).

Then came a report Butler is bothering more than Rose.

What is happening in Chicago?

Nick Friedell of ESPN on the Posting Up podcast with Tim Bontemps:

I donít think that the tension between Jimmy and Derrick was ever as bad as it was made out to be. But the tension now, moving forward off the Derrick talk for a second, between Jimmy and other players in that locker room is bad.

Because you canít just say, ďI signed this new deal. Iím the leader.Ē That respect has to be earned over time. Nobody is questioning Jimmyís work ethic. Heís worked his tail off. But they are questioning whether Jimmy can be the leader that this group needs with so much turmoil going on around them.

You talk to anybody within that Bulls organization, and theyíll tell you that Jimmy has changed. His personality has changed.

And itís not to say heís wrong in that.

But this was a kid that loved saying he was from Tomball, Texas and that he was just a role player on a really good team. And now he wants all the trappings that come with being a star in the league.

And thatís all well and good.

But again, this ties back into the leadership problem this team has. You can say all that, but you canít just say, ďAlright, Iím the leader.Ē You have to earn that respect over time. Maybe Jimmy will.

Heís really rubbed some people the wrong way with how heís going about things. So, itís something to watch for, and itís something that I know is on the minds of the front office in that, ďCan we trust this guy to go out and to be who we need him to be every night, and can he lead us the way that a championship-caliber team needs to be led?Ē And early on, the returns have been no http://nba.nbcsports.com/2015/12/28/report-bulls-believe-jimmy-butler-has-changed-as-person-question-his-leadership/

jerellh528
12-28-2015, 06:46 PM
Just trade him to the lakers for clarkson, Randle & Lou. Lol

Leftcoast_yg
12-28-2015, 07:03 PM
Id rather keep clarkson or randle and throw in nick young and ryan kelly.

5ass
12-28-2015, 08:06 PM
The way I see it, if you've worked/work as hard as he does, you're allowed to be a little cocky. I'm not a Bulls insider but I feel like Butler probably outworks every other players on the Bulls roster.

Butler to the Magic makes too much sense. We have a ton of hard workers, and we have Skiles to lead the team. I'm not worried about his leadership skills. Come on Hennigan, work your magic.

Tony_Starks
12-28-2015, 08:11 PM
Butler says would you rather be underpaid or overrated.....

numba1CHANGsta
12-28-2015, 08:28 PM
Clearly Butler doesn't want to be in CHI

Ty22Mitchell
12-28-2015, 08:51 PM

This

KnicksorBust
12-28-2015, 09:10 PM
They would be better off dealing Drose and Gasol and building around him.

I don't think they can make a move. They are good enough to make a run in the East. They will still pat and hope they only have to play 1 out of mia-cle.

Munkeysuit
12-28-2015, 09:13 PM
Butler has earned the right to be the leader of that team...he NEEDS to be the leader of that team like really really badly, all locker room tension talks aside, Butler is the only player on that roster fit to lead this Bulls team period.

kobe4thewinbang
12-28-2015, 09:14 PM
If the Bulls part with Butler, their FO should be fired. Rose has les from the sofa the last 5 years, they lost that OT game cuz nobody else could play well but Butler. He's gonna be a superstar.

kobe4thewinbang
12-28-2015, 09:16 PM
If the Bulls part with Butler, their FO should be fired. Rose has led from the sofa the last 5 years, they lost that OT game cuz nobody else could play well but Butler. He's gonna be a superstar.

mrblisterdundee
12-28-2015, 09:29 PM

Any offer from the Lakers not including D'Angelo Russell is laughable.

mrblisterdundee
12-28-2015, 09:47 PM
For all this supposed drama in Chicago, the Bulls are still a pretty good team. We know they're good defensively and weak at shooting. They're the front court-heavy Memphis of the east, but better.
Guys like Derrick Rose, Taj Gibson, Pau Gasol and Joakim Noah should be the trade bait for better shooters. Build around Jimmy Butler, Bobby Portis and Nikola Mirotic.

Saddletramp
12-28-2015, 09:56 PM
My doctor is in Tomball.

I would suggest Harden for Butler straight up but all things considered, I still think Harden is the better talent. Offense and marketability go to Harden, defense goes to Butler. I'd be more comfortable getting Harden than Butler in a one for one swap, to be honest as a franchise.

Shammyguy3
12-28-2015, 10:15 PM

not remotely true

ramsizzle
12-28-2015, 10:18 PM
Nick Friedel is one of the largest D. Rose suck offs I've ever seen. This has something to do with this, for sure. Any "leader" questioning jimmy needs to go, IMO. Rose, pau, Taj, all of them.

Jimmy isn't our bench player anymore, he's our best player. These fools need to realize that.

IndyRealist
12-28-2015, 11:29 PM
Unless you've got Kawhi, Durant, or Lebron i don't how you would not offer up your starting wing and picks for Butler. I'd move Paul George, a protected pick and whatever salary to match for Butler and Taj.

mrblisterdundee
12-29-2015, 12:16 AM
Unless you've got Kawhi, Durant, or Lebron i don't how you would not offer up your starting wing and picks for Butler. I'd move Paul George, a protected pick and whatever salary to match for Butler and Taj.

George is in the same echelon as the small forwards you just mentioned. I'd want Butler and Portis, if I were to trade George to the Bulls. I'll even chip in Robinson III.

chi-townlove1
12-29-2015, 02:43 AM
If Paul George ever became a bull. For any player on our roster. I would cry tears of happiness. I love that man so much. No homo.

Bron > Kobe
12-29-2015, 08:48 AM
Any offer from the Lakers not including D'Angelo Russell is laughable.
Then you don't watch basketball.

tredigs
12-29-2015, 09:01 AM
To write a column like that with exactly zero anecdotal evidence of why we should believe what he's saying is skeptical at best. And regardless, he's a better situation than Derrick "I'm only here to get paid" Rose.

2-ONE-5
12-29-2015, 09:40 AM
My doctor is in Tomball.

I would suggest Harden for Butler straight up but all things considered, I still think Harden is the better talent. Offense and marketability go to Harden, defense goes to Butler. I'd be more comfortable getting Harden than Butler in a one for one swap, to be honest as a franchise.

how does marketability matter in this case?

2-ONE-5
12-29-2015, 09:41 AM

This is crazy. George is arguably better than Butler

shep33
12-29-2015, 09:50 AM
Bulls are a mess. Too much noise coming out of that organization

beasted86
12-29-2015, 10:08 AM
Yeah, the Bulls should definitely NOT trust Butler. He's a locker room cancer obviously. They were better off with Deng. How about we give you Deng back and throw in Winslow to take this Butler problem off your hands... Deal?

MonroeFAN
12-29-2015, 10:25 AM
Chicago is doing their selves no favors with not getting rid of Derrick Rose before Butler forces a trade. I don't blame Butler for not wanting to watch him take 15 FGA either. I'm sure that's the issue here.

MonroeFAN
12-29-2015, 10:27 AM

What the heck, why?

Timmmahhh
12-29-2015, 10:33 AM

You misspelled ROSE.

Scoots
12-29-2015, 10:42 AM
Some guys are just not built to lead. If he's not a leader type, him or the team forcing leadership on him is a problem. The star is not always the main leader of a team. The star leads by example and needs to have that drive to push himself and drag the team along, but leadership is about working with everyone and know what each person needs to get the best out of them. The Warriors leader is Draymond Green, and a big part of why it works is that Steph is willing to follow even while the players are following Steph's example.

CP3 wants to be the leader and he's the hardest worker, Kobe wants to be the leader and he's the hardest worker ... but both have had major problems "leading" some players because as superstars who have always been driven and have a rare level of skill they get frustrated when other players don't respond the way they themselves would.

Noah was the leader but the coach took it away from him and now there is a void.

CarolinaCDM
12-29-2015, 11:08 AM

George is in the same echelon as the small forwards you just mentioned. I'd want Butler and Portis, if I were to trade George to the Bulls. I'll even chip in Robinson III.

If Paul George ever became a bull. For any player on our roster. I would cry tears of happiness. I love that man so much. No homo.

I would give up Butler for Paul George in a New York second.....I personally think Butler is slightly overrated but if he could net us Paul George and we cut Rose, I would fall in love with the Bulls all over again

72 Wins
12-29-2015, 11:11 AM

+1.

Stunner
12-29-2015, 12:23 PM
Lol at all of these comments

MonroeFAN
12-29-2015, 01:00 PM
^what about them?

Stunner
12-29-2015, 01:43 PM
First off all Jimmy isn't getting traded nor does he want to be traded .

2nd Rose isn't getting traded do the repeat post of the Bulls should do this and Rose only cares about this just need to stop

3rd again this is all about Jimmy , it's cool he wants to be a leader but like I said before in pre season when this came up there is a better way of going about things and he has been talking too much to the media IMO and other Bulls as well .

The front office needs to shake up the roster and mostly I mean trade Pau , this roster isn't ideal for what Fred wants to do on offense at the moment although they finally been playing like it is the last couple of games and team just plays better when Rose is leading the charge and not Jimmy . Rose has strung together some nice games so hopefully it continues but yea the Bulls are still Rose or busy with this current roster no matter how many think is supposedly " Jimmy's team "

MonroeFAN
12-29-2015, 02:18 PM
Eh, Rose is blasted. Whether he has anything to do with this or not does not change that. At some point you're going to stop waiting for him to turn it around and draft or trade/sign his replacement. All time spent from now up until that point is wasted as far as I'm concerned.

You can play the professionalism card all you want, Jimmy is hot ****, a lot of teams want him, and he isn't interested in playing around with the FO who made a series of bad decisions this off-season.

Makes perfect sense.

Stunner
12-29-2015, 02:31 PM
Well nobody is disputing that , the fact is Rose isn't leaving till his contract is up so just kill that convo till then . This has more to do with Jimmy forcing the issue and not buying into the offense like everyone else has to the best of their ability . Jimmy is the only one to still have THIB plays drawn up for him . Jimmy been stopping the offense a lot this season with his ISO ball

He's doing a lot of talking and not stepping up the best he can

He's one of the league worst shooters outside of paint so far this season .

Just keep everything in house and try and grow with the team that's here now .

MonroeFAN
12-29-2015, 02:34 PM
It's difficult to disagree with your logical way of thinking.

Clearly some things I haven't considered.

Stunner
12-29-2015, 02:41 PM
Report: Jimmy Butler was ready for Bulls to fire Tom Thibodeau

https://twitter.com/basketballtalk/status/681903551757463552

0nekhmer
12-29-2015, 02:44 PM
It's pretty well known that both Rose and Butler aren't the most vocal guys. It's probably awkward for Rose being in denial that he isn't the same anymore and that the team needs a new leader. Butler being the reserved type is probably trying to step out of his comfort zone and yell at guys in practice, learning how to be an alpha when he never was. Hence the "change" in personality.

IndyRealist
12-29-2015, 03:44 PM

George is not in the same tier as those guys, Butler is. George COULD BE but his ballhandling and turnovers are atrocious, and his comments about loving mid range jumpers is worrying for someone who is so good at shooting 3s. George is good for 4-5 turnovers a game and a half dozen unnecessary contested fadeaways. In a game where possessions win championships, just throwing away possessions like that is suicide. I'll take the guy who knows his limitations and maximizes his strengths.

Maybe people haven't been watching, but the Pacers are slipping big time and PG is a huge part of why. Most everyone else is playing the same or better than the early season run. Maybe i've been a Pacers fan too long, but PG reminds me of when Jalen Rose demanded to play point. George thinks he can do whatever on the court, and if you ignore things like turnovers you'd probably agree with him.

MonroeFAN
12-29-2015, 03:47 PM
The Pacers are slipping because you guys don't have starting level talent at any position other than the 3 and rarely the 2. He went from being the best player in the world to being a top 10 talent. Expecting him to maintain that level of production was unrealistic.

I would suggest landing a center and a point guard before blowing up your team over the best 2 way player in the league.

True Sports Fan
12-29-2015, 05:08 PM

Maybe If you add 24 yr old kobe

effen5
12-29-2015, 05:54 PM
Question is, why is hasn't Rose changed as a person and instead has now become a full blown *****.

I'd trade anyone and everyone not named Jimmy Butler. To think that Jimmy is the problem in any of this is a joke. All he wants to do is win. All he has done WITHOUT Rose is won games.

WaDe03
12-29-2015, 05:55 PM
This is crazy. George is arguably better than Butler

For once we agree. I'm very confident George is better than Butler but Butler is definitely a hell of a player.

Bostonjorge
12-29-2015, 06:04 PM
George is not in the same tier as those guys, Butler is. George COULD BE but his ballhandling and turnovers are atrocious, and his comments about loving mid range jumpers is worrying for someone who is so good at shooting 3s. George is good for 4-5 turnovers a game and a half dozen unnecessary contested fadeaways. In a game where possessions win championships, just throwing away possessions like that is suicide. I'll take the guy who knows his limitations and maximizes his strengths.

Maybe people haven't been watching, but the Pacers are slipping big time and PG is a huge part of why. Most everyone else is playing the same or better than the early season run. Maybe i've been a Pacers fan too long, but PG reminds me of when Jalen Rose demanded to play point. George thinks he can do whatever on the court, and if you ignore things like turnovers you'd probably agree with him.

How are pacers slipping? PG has them one game out of second and 2 out of first. PG best 2 players are Cj Miles and Ellis. As for the turnovers George is doing all the playmaking for them. PG also has less turnovers them Lebron. What more do you expect from this team?

WaDe03
12-29-2015, 06:05 PM
I know a way to solve this problem for everyone. Taj Birdman Udrih to the Pelicans, Winslow Deng McRoberts Whiteside to the Bulls, and Butler Doug Pau and Ryan Anderson to the Heat.

Dragic/Johnson
Wade/Green
Butler/Doug
Bosh/Anderson
Pau/Bosh

Championship.

KnicksorBust
12-29-2015, 06:14 PM
I know a way to solve this problem for everyone. Taj Birdman Udrih to the Pelicans, Winslow Deng McRoberts Whiteside to the Bulls, and Butler Doug Pau and Ryan Anderson to the Heat.

Dragic/Johnson
Wade/Green
Butler/Doug
Bosh/Anderson
Pau/Bosh

Championship.

The Bulls would never do it. Winslow and Whiteside is nice but they a contender in the East right now. You dont break that up.

WaDe03
12-29-2015, 06:31 PM
The Bulls would never do it. Winslow and Whiteside is nice but they a contender in the East right now. You dont break that up.

Yea you're probably right. Mainly just bullshitting.

Stunner
12-29-2015, 06:50 PM
Question is, why is hasn't Rose changed as a person and instead has now become a full blown *****.

I'd trade anyone and everyone not named Jimmy Butler. To think that Jimmy is the problem in any of this is a joke. All he wants to do is win. All he has done WITHOUT Rose is won games.

I'm sorry but Rose played last season when this new Jimmy appeared, before that he wasn't even our best player

Saddletramp
12-29-2015, 07:14 PM
how does marketability matter in this case?

I guess you didn't see the last word of my post (franchise). And if you did and don't think marketability matters, than oooooooook.

IndyRealist
12-29-2015, 07:15 PM
How are pacers slipping? PG has them one game out of second and 2 out of first. PG best 2 players are Cj Miles and Ellis. As for the turnovers George is doing all the playmaking for them. PG also has less turnovers them Lebron. What more do you expect from this team?

Pacers started 12-5 including the 0-3 start (so 12-2 at one stretch), they're 6-7 since. PG isn't doing all the playmaking, the combination of George Hill, Monta Ellis, and Rodney Stuckey are doing all the playmaking. The play almost always starts with one of those three, and when Paul George gets the ball he take the shot more often than not. The fact that the Pacers have 2 combo guards on the floor at all times should mean that George shouldn't need to do any playmaking, yet he turns the ball over a ton. And when he doesn't he chooses to take 18ft contested fadeaways with 15 seconds on the shot clock. You know he's only 42.4% on 2pt shots, yet they constitute 60% of his shot attempts? Bad. Shot. Selection. He has to work WAY too hard to get the volume of points he does, because he chooses to waste possessions. That's also likely why he's had such clunkers for games recently, because he's tired. He does it to himself, and any suggestion that he takes bad shots is casually dismissed because, you know, he's a star. This is the same sh** we heard in defense of Rudy Gay for YEARS until he got traded and the Grizz were miraculously better without him. There is no comparison between PG and Durant/Kawhi/Lebron.

Let's be clear. I'm not an advocate for trading Paul George. But he has to be reigned in, or it doesn't matter how pretty his highlights are because he's costing you games. If you can trade a guy with the potential to be the best at his position for a guy who is arguably the best at his position, you do it. I think that's as much as I'm going to derail this thread.

KG2TB
12-29-2015, 07:38 PM
I'm a big PG fan. I don't doubt your assessment, but I think a lot of it is him finding a rhythm. He's playing incredible considering the circumstances and layoff. Perfect? No, but I would be encouraged if I were a Pacers fan. The Pacers don't really have too many guys to take the pressure off PG either.

Edit: Just looked at his numbers. You can point out his 2 point % and shot selection, but he's taking over 7 threes a game and shooting 40% there. That's extremely good. His TS% is 55 and he's scoring 24 PPG on 18 shots per game, while playing elite defense. If you want to trade PG for Jimmy Buckets, I'm all in. And I love Jimmy.

5ass
12-29-2015, 07:54 PM
I'm a big PG fan. I don't doubt your assessment, but I think a lot of it is him finding a rhythm. He's playing incredible considering the circumstances and layoff. Perfect? No, but I would be encouraged if I were a Pacers fan. The Pacers don't really have too many guys to take the pressure off PG either.

Edit: Just looked at his numbers. You can point out his 2 point % and shot selection, but he's taking over 7 threes a game and shooting 40% there. That's extremely good. His TS% is 55 and he's scoring 24 PPG on 18 shots per game, while playing elite defense. If you want to trade PG for Jimmy Buckets, I'm all in. And I love Jimmy.

He hasn't been great defensively this season.

McAllen Tx
12-30-2015, 08:17 AM
Could Butlers frustration be from maybe verbal promises were made to him by FO, before he signed his extension, that this is his team and any necessary moves will be made to assure that. And apparently the FO hasnt gotten the memo to Rose.

The Bulls will never be Butlers team as long as Rose is on the team.

Tg11
12-30-2015, 10:54 AM
Trade Butler or trade Rose then but Butler he needs to go

Tg11
12-30-2015, 10:57 AM
Perfect solution to the problem is trading Jimmy Butler because he and Rose can't play together so Butler wants to be a star elsewhere so then why not trade him to a team where it can truly be his team?

I suggest trading him to the Celtics because at least over on Boston he can truly flourish

cmellofan15
12-30-2015, 11:23 AM
Just dump butler off in Denver for scraps while you can...

:D

flea
12-30-2015, 02:20 PM
Pacers started 12-5 including the 0-3 start (so 12-2 at one stretch), they're 6-7 since. PG isn't doing all the playmaking, the combination of George Hill, Monta Ellis, and Rodney Stuckey are doing all the playmaking. The play almost always starts with one of those three, and when Paul George gets the ball he take the shot more often than not. The fact that the Pacers have 2 combo guards on the floor at all times should mean that George shouldn't need to do any playmaking, yet he turns the ball over a ton. And when he doesn't he chooses to take 18ft contested fadeaways with 15 seconds on the shot clock. You know he's only 42.4% on 2pt shots, yet they constitute 60% of his shot attempts? Bad. Shot. Selection. He has to work WAY too hard to get the volume of points he does, because he chooses to waste possessions. That's also likely why he's had such clunkers for games recently, because he's tired. He does it to himself, and any suggestion that he takes bad shots is casually dismissed because, you know, he's a star. This is the same sh** we heard in defense of Rudy Gay for YEARS until he got traded and the Grizz were miraculously better without him. There is no comparison between PG and Durant/Kawhi/Lebron.

Let's be clear. I'm not an advocate for trading Paul George. But he has to be reigned in, or it doesn't matter how pretty his highlights are because he's costing you games. If you can trade a guy with the potential to be the best at his position for a guy who is arguably the best at his position, you do it. I think that's as much as I'm going to derail this thread.

I've only seen a couple Pacers games this year and this sound exactly like what I would have said based on that limited viewing (and prior years). I really recall the Pacers/Spurs game a couple weeks ago, which was relatively close until late when PG disappeared. His line ended up bad but he was actually playing well in the first half I thought, slashing off passes from his guards and drawing the defense in. The problem was he had no great plan once he did that, just hoped for a pass to develop or to throw up an unplanned shot. After the first half he just chucked long jumpers and the game got out of hand.

I'm not trying to hate on him but I don't know why he's so popular compared to Leonard. Is he big on social media or has more ESPN highlights or something? I don't read social media and I don't watch ESPN so I don't know who they push these days. George is more athletic and probably a better outside shooter, but Leonard is now such a complete player that he's awesome to watch. Post game came along last year, cutting game the year before, and this year he's got his faceup jumper and 3 point shot going at elite levels. He also barely turns the ball over, which you've got to consider when you point out a relative lack of playmaking. I love watching him offensively now, he's one of a very few true 2-way stars we've got now and I wouldn't consider PG to be anything close to this league.

KG2TB
12-30-2015, 02:33 PM
He hasn't been great defensively this season.

I've only watched a handful of their games but he looked good defensively to me. No doubt that he's a great defender when locked in though.

WOwolfOL
12-30-2015, 04:14 PM
I question the FO

DaBear
12-30-2015, 07:24 PM
Look at these thirsty fans everywhere :laugh2:

Butler will remain a Bull

GodsSon
12-30-2015, 07:46 PM
Bulls would be dumb to pick Rose over Butler...

MagicBucsSox
12-30-2015, 08:16 PM
Id do Oladipo & Tobias Harris for Butler in a heartbeat

tp13baby
12-30-2015, 08:41 PM
So a guy that wants to win, demands more from his coach and players, and is the best player and hardest worker on that roster night in and night out is detrimental to the team? God forbid I see why Thibs didn't work out the organization has pussitis.

IndyRealist
12-30-2015, 08:59 PM
Look at these thirsty fans everywhere :laugh2:

Butler will remain a Bull

To be perfectly clear, I wasn't advocating a trade. I was simply pointing out how the trade suggestions on here were massive lowball offers. Then it got out of hand :confused:

Can't speak for the other guys.

Silent
12-30-2015, 09:02 PM

yea right lol

Bostonjorge
12-30-2015, 09:46 PM
Hopefully rose demands a trade. Trade butler demand I mean.

nyltd
12-30-2015, 10:37 PM
Hopefully rose demands a trade. Trade butler demand I mean.

Butler doesn't even want to be in Chicago. He's forced to be with the Bulls due to his contract. Remember free agency where he wanted to join the lakers?

Shammyguy3
12-30-2015, 10:42 PM
How do you know Butler wanted to join the Lakers? By all reports, that was simply a rumor that Butler would have been interested in meeting with them. Instead, he signed a FIVE year deal to stay in Chicago.

nyltd
12-30-2015, 11:26 PM
How do you know Butler wanted to join the Lakers? By all reports, that was simply a rumor that Butler would have been interested in meeting with them. Instead, he signed a FIVE year deal to stay in Chicago.

Because he was a restricted FA. There's no way Chicago was letting him go for nothing and willing to match all offers

effen5
12-31-2015, 12:30 AM
So a guy that wants to win, demands more from his coach and players, and is the best player and hardest worker on that roster night in and night out is detrimental to the team? God forbid I see why Thibs didn't work out the organization has pussitis.

Agree with you

Tg11
12-31-2015, 03:26 PM
Even so if they keep Butler then they would have to trade Rose and are the Bulls really going to trade away Rose who is more or less the face of their franchise? Or would they trade Butler who is more or less expendable whereas Rose isn't?

72 Wins
12-31-2015, 03:37 PM
Because he was a restricted FA. There's no way Chicago was letting him go for nothing and willing to match all offers

Didn't the Bulls organization give Butler the 5 year deal before any other team could put anything together? In other words, I think Jimmy wanted to stay witch Chicago as much as the Bulls did.

mngopher35
12-31-2015, 03:38 PM
Even so if they keep Butler then they would have to trade Rose and are the Bulls really going to trade away Rose who is more or less the face of their franchise? Or would they trade Butler who is more or less expendable whereas Rose isn't?

If anything Rose is just the face in the media. Butler is definitely their best player and is the less expendable easily.

Tg11
12-31-2015, 03:41 PM
Then if they get rid of Rose what if let's say for sake of argument the Bulls were to let Rose go and he ended up becoming the superstar MVP Rose of old but on another team?

mngopher35
12-31-2015, 03:49 PM
Then if they get rid of Rose what if let's say for sake of argument the Bulls were to let Rose go and he ended up becoming the superstar MVP Rose of old but on another team?

Then everyone who has been watching him the past couple years would be shocked. If they trade butler there is a 95% chance they are trading away what ends up as an all star on a new team. With rose it's more like 5% chance.

Tg11
12-31-2015, 03:51 PM
You do have a point but I think it is better to keep Butler and Rose together but perhaps add a 3rd piece I guess to balance them out

mngopher35
12-31-2015, 03:54 PM
You do have a point but I think it is better to keep Butler and Rose together but perhaps add a 3rd piece I guess to balance them out

I think that is likely what ends up happening.

Part of that might be that no one will offer major value for rose and his contract at this point though.

Bostonjorge
12-31-2015, 03:59 PM

2011 was a long time ago buddy. Rose is not even a all star anymore. Butler on the other hand is becoming a superstar. The beggening of last year with no rose butler was the league MVP and playing like a superstar. Then Rose came back and the Bulls as a team took a step back. Butler's red hot offenseive game took a big step back.

Rose need to just demand a butler trade.

Shammyguy3
12-31-2015, 07:04 PM

Butler had the option of signing a 2 year deal with another team (e.g. LAL) which would've forced the Bulls to match IIRC. Then he would've been a UFA. It's been 6 months since this all occurred so that might not be 100% factual - point of this though is that Butler DID have an out if he wanted out of Chicago - it would've taken a couple seasons but if he hates Chicago so much (like you're suggesting) then why sign a FIVE year deal instead?

Heck, he could've taken the 1-year QO like Monroe did with Detroit and been a UFA this off-season if he wanted to. He didnt.

Bulls will let Rose walk during summer of 2017.

Vinylman
12-31-2015, 10:59 PM
Butler had the option of signing a 2 year deal with another team (e.g. LAL) which would've forced the Bulls to match IIRC. Then he would've been a UFA. It's been 6 months since this all occurred so that might not be 100% factual - point of this though is that Butler DID have an out if he wanted out of Chicago - it would've taken a couple seasons but if he hates Chicago so much (like you're suggesting) then why sign a FIVE year deal instead?

Heck, he could've taken the 1-year QO like Monroe did with Detroit and been a UFA this off-season if he wanted to. He didnt.

Bulls will let Rose walk during summer of 2017.

wrong... he couldn't have signed a two year deal under the CBA because Chicago offered max/max

He could have signed the QO though

ewing
01-01-2016, 10:36 AM
what the Bulls bunch of girls "Jimmy you've changed WAH"....

Shammyguy3
01-02-2016, 05:02 PM
wrong... he couldn't have signed a two year deal under the CBA because Chicago offered max/max

Like I said my memory was fuzzy. Either way, my point stands. If Butler wanted out of the Bulls' organization he could've taken the QO. He didn't. He took a 5 year deal.

ChitownbullsBG7
01-03-2016, 04:21 AM

That isn't true. He didn't have to cancel his meetings with other teams to sign the deal with the Bulls. He could have declined and signed for 2 years somewhere else and walk in two years.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-04-2016, 01:11 PM
I read of a beat writer suggesting Bucks trade for Butler. Think they suggested Parker, Mayo and cant remember what else. Doubt Bulls do that or Bucks would either. We have Parker under control on rookie scale contract and RFA Bird rights to hang onto him for a extension. But then again Butler would push us for playoffs right now. MCW,Butler,Middleton,Giannis,Monroe. Gets Middleton back to his natural position SF. But Butler seems cocky and seems like bad attitude. Not sure I want that around our young guys. Prefer to bottom out and draft any of Dunn, Poeltl, Sabonis, LeVert.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-04-2016, 01:13 PM
Oh yeah Butler was local boy from Marquette, WI. Where Parker was born in Chicago. So be a swap of local players.

Stunner
01-04-2016, 01:30 PM
Jimmy going nowhere

Shammyguy3
01-04-2016, 01:50 PM
Oh yeah Butler was local boy from Marquette, WI. Where Parker was born in Chicago. So be a swap of local players.

Butler's a local boy in the sense that he went to Marquette for college, but he's a Texas guy

Tg11
01-04-2016, 02:58 PM
Butler will stay

kobe4thewinbang
01-05-2016, 04:15 AM
Yeah......Butler is playing like a madman and breaking records made by Michael Jordan. Bulls should be excommunicated by the NBA if they even consider parting with him.

Tg11
01-05-2016, 09:28 AM
Butler I mean if he is breaking records I mean he could become like Jordan especially if he continues with this kind of play but if he does then the Bulls would be idiots to ever let him go

WaDe03
01-05-2016, 04:42 PM
Butler I mean if he is breaking records I mean he could become like Jordan especially if he continues with this kind of play but if he does then the Bulls would be idiots to ever let him go

No he can't lol. He's a very good player though.

ChI_ShIzzLe
01-05-2016, 11:38 PM
Hopefully these last 2 games has shut everyone up in here posting about "Bulls should trade Butler".

effen5
01-06-2016, 12:23 AM
They should trade the rest of the team tho

ChI_ShIzzLe
01-06-2016, 12:31 AM
They should trade the rest of the team tho

Ya trade Rose and have Hinrich as your starting PG. Trade Noah, Taj and Gasol and have Cameron Bairstow backup Bobby Portis at Center[emoji23]

tredigs
01-06-2016, 03:14 AM
Ya trade Rose and have Hinrich as your starting PG. Trade Noah, Taj and Gasol and have Cameron Bairstow backup Bobby Portis at Center[emoji23]
Well, he said "trade". Not release.

Redrum187
01-06-2016, 08:19 AM
Jimmy going nowhere

I agree, if he stays with the Bulls, he's going nowhere.

JK, he'll go to the playoffs and a few All Star games.

Tg11
01-06-2016, 12:49 PM
Butler if he keeps up with this play date I say could he possibly win the MVP award

LOb0
01-06-2016, 02:26 PM
I love that the Bulls are questioning a guy that just wants everyone to play harder.

effen5
01-06-2016, 02:41 PM
This team needs to start over. You know this I know this. Derricks injury really handicapped this team. Playing decently the last few games should not change this. This is no where near a championship caliber team.

Vincent
01-06-2016, 02:47 PM
I love that the Bulls are questioning a guy that just wants everyone to play harder.

Well, after he said that Rose did have issues with with the hamstring due to overworking himself

Butler clearly knows it's his team, but maybe he needs to understand his teammates and look towards the long-term. I don't think LeBron James called out Dwade for taking games off (even though it probably eventually contributed to him leaving Miami).