PDA

View Full Version : Top 5 teams in the NBA?

ChiTownPacerFan
12-28-2015, 04:39 PM
So the top four, in some order, are the Warriors, Spurs, Thunder, and Cavs. My question is: Who's number five? Miami? Atlanta? Indiana? Chicago? Dallas? The Clippers? Does it even matter?

OlivaThor
12-28-2015, 04:52 PM
Pistons. Easily.

Gander13SM
12-28-2015, 05:14 PM
Warriors,
Spurs,

OKC,
CLE,

...ATL? LAC? DAL? MIA?... I don't know. It changes every week.

5ass
12-28-2015, 05:20 PM
I honestly think the heat could beat OKC in a 7 game series. Not that I think they're better but it'd be a great series.

mngopher35
12-28-2015, 05:24 PM
Haha I came in here to post basically what was in the op. I see gs cle and spurs as top threats. I also think if healthy okc would be 4. That last team is gonna be picked from a lot of similar options. I will say either clippers or Miami but that is a gut feeling, leaning clippers.

Lakers + Giants
12-28-2015, 05:33 PM
Honestly, nobody else.

Scoots
12-28-2015, 05:44 PM
It's like the players ... top 3 are obvious to everyone, most agree on #4 after that there are a bunch of contenders for number 5.

Right now I think it changes week to week.

Chronz
12-28-2015, 05:51 PM
I honestly think the heat could beat OKC in a 7 game series. Not that I think they're better but it'd be a great series.

I think they get eviscerated, OKC is barely coming up to speed and their efficiency scores are far superior. They also have superstars that we should expect to see improve come playoffs whereas the Heat have guys who have declined each post season and I think they have bigger health issues.

DanG
12-28-2015, 06:09 PM
1. Warriors
2. Spurs
3. Cavaliers

4. Thunder

5. Bulls
6. Clippers
7. Heat

This is how I have right now. OKC has to make changes to their roster otherwise they will get sent home by either GSW or SAS in max 6 games. I think the Bulls are underrated and their 7th spot in the east is misleading, they have lost 6 games by 6 points or less and they have gotten blown out only twice. I believe they would make it tough for any opponent in a 7 game series because of the physicality they play with. I'm not counting out the Clippers because on paper they have a great team and I believe with Chris Paul as the leader they will figure it out somehow when the playoffs come.

Dade County
12-28-2015, 06:52 PM
Warriors
Spurs
Cav's
OKC

Maybe after the trade deadline and some players being bought out we will have a clear cut 5th team.

HandsOnTheWheel
12-28-2015, 07:15 PM
Not right now but Heat will be a top 5 team IF they can figure out how to play with absolute cohesiveness. They already are a top 5 team on paper IMO.

5ass
12-28-2015, 07:23 PM
I think they get eviscerated, OKC is barely coming up to speed and their efficiency scores are far superior. They also have superstars that we should expect to see improve come playoffs whereas the Heat have guys who have declined each post season and I think they have bigger health issues.

I think Bosh+Whiteside would kill the Thunder's front court. I also think Whiteside can provide enough of a defensive presence to make Westbrook's job tougher. I just hate Westbrook and Durant's supporting cast (other than ibaka). Adams is fine, but he's nothing special at all.

J_M_B
12-28-2015, 08:37 PM
It's GS, SA, OKC and Cleveland then everybody else

Bostonjorge
12-28-2015, 08:55 PM
GS
Spurs
Cleveland
OKC
Clippers
Mavs
Atlanta
Heat
Bulls
Rockets

My top 10 right now.

KnicksorBust
12-28-2015, 09:01 PM
Pistons. Easily.

I called that fake over achieving team out second week of the season.

Munkeysuit
12-28-2015, 09:04 PM
Warriors
Spurs
Cavaliers
Thunder
Heat

KnicksorBust
12-28-2015, 09:08 PM
So the top four, in some order, are the Warriors, Spurs, Thunder, and Cavs. My question is: Who's number five? Miami? Atlanta? Indiana? Chicago? Dallas? The Clippers? Does it even matter?

Those are all logical choices but if I had to go out on a limb and pick a team that could win the title I still might throw Houston in there. LAC is smart #5. The Heat are the best #5 bet to make the finals. But Rockets have the highesr upside imo.

Sleeper team to get hot post asb: Wiz

mrblisterdundee
12-28-2015, 09:20 PM
1. Golden State
2. San Antonio
3. Cleveland
4. Oklahoma City
5. Los Angeles

I'll grudgingly give Los Angeles the fifth spot based upon their sheer talent. They should be better than Oklahoma City or Cleveland with all their talent, but they're choke artists.