PDA

View Full Version : Suns owner, GM hold individual meetings with players to assess problems

AllBall
12-27-2015, 09:38 PM
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 4h4 hours ago

Yahoo Sources: Suns management holds individual meetings with players and staff to probe problems. http://yhoo.it/1PqIIoG

Won't be surprised if trades start happening soon.

king4day
12-28-2015, 09:54 AM
Seems like they complained about the 2 assistants as they were fired and not Jeff.
I'm guessing they'll give Hornacek until the ASB before re-evaluating and possibly firing him.

warfelg
12-28-2015, 11:23 AM
Feel bad for Hornacek. That GM has slowly devolved the roster from their surprise run.

Shady66
12-28-2015, 11:30 AM
Feel bad for Hornacek. That GM has slowly devolved the roster from their surprise run.

Exactly, don't know what they were expecting.

Tony_Starks
12-28-2015, 12:04 PM
Cowardly move to fire all the assistance and then leave Coach on the hotseat. This team has been horribly mismanaged for a while. Questionable trades, FA signings.....then look at how they are handling the Morris situation for example. How long do you allow a disgruntled player to corrupt your team? A disgruntled player you could've easily traded and got some pretty good return on.

STRIKERC
12-28-2015, 01:40 PM
Suns are like Milwaukee Bucks.
I remember two seasons ago they were the model for how a team should rebuild while maintaining competitiveness. The Milwaukee Bucks went the same route last year and then made a big splash this off-season.

Point i'm making is these teams hastened they're rebuild and brought in pieces that actually hurt their teams rather than help.
Something tells me Minnesota will be next to follow this pattern.
There's a reason bad teams stay bad.

Wade n Fade
12-28-2015, 01:51 PM
I wouldn't have expected this during the season. Wouldn't meetings happen during the offseason? Poor Jeff Hornacheck. He's a decent coach. What Phoenix lacks are superstars. Bledsoe is a nice PG, and Knight is a borderline all-star guard, but PJ Tucker isn't a star. Tyson Chandler is a defensive anchor, but Phoenix needs stars to get back to their ways. If it means better drafting or signing FAs to different deals, Phoenix has to do it.

mngopher35
12-28-2015, 01:56 PM
I remember two seasons ago they were the model for how a team should rebuild while maintaining competitiveness. The Milwaukee Bucks went the same route last year and then made a big splash this off-season.

Point i'm making is these teams hastened they're rebuild and brought in pieces that actually hurt their teams rather than help.

I don't think Minnesota fits that mold. We already have our two young building blocks (both potential top 10 players) with other young talent (lavine shabazz deing top 10ish pick maybe tyus). We have gone the full rebuild mode and this year signed vets who won't make us lose our pick but can still help the young guys learn.

It is time for us to start competing, we have accumulated enough young talent/assets and our young guys should keep growing (so naturally we should get better overall).

nycericanguy
12-28-2015, 02:30 PM

yea IDK it seems PHO was stacked talent wise a couple of years ago and now it seems they don't have much outside of Bledsoe/Knight and those two are kind of redundant.

MIL's mistake seems to have been signing Monroe, he seems to have killed their defense down low and their spacing is awful.

STRIKERC
12-28-2015, 03:30 PM
I don't think Minnesota fits that mold. We already have our two young building blocks (both potential top 10 players) with other young talent (lavine shabazz deing top 10ish pick maybe tyus). We have gone the full rebuild mode and this year signed vets who won't make us lose our pick but can still help the young guys learn.

It is time for us to start competing, we have accumulated enough young talent/assets and our young guys should keep growing (so naturally we should get better overall).

Thus far you guys have been excellent in your rebuild. I don't know if your ownership will continue to be patient and not go crazy like Phoenix and the Bucks. Patience will pay off.
There's absolutely no reason for the Bucks to go splashing money in the off season when they had not figured out what to do with their rotation. And trading Knight for MCW wasn't smart IMO.

But back to Phoenix, they are headed for NBA purgatory.

JAZZNC
12-28-2015, 03:53 PM
I really don't know what ownership and management was expecting that roster to do. Bledsoe and Knight just don't seem like a winning guard combination. And outside of that they don't have much. They have kinda whiffed on some high picks and made some questionable trades/signings. They just moved a bunch of pieces instead of keeping things intact and trying to build off of their unexpected success. The quick fix almost never works in any sport.

mngopher35
12-28-2015, 05:47 PM
Thus far you guys have been excellent in your rebuild. I don't know if your ownership will continue to be patient and not go crazy like Phoenix and the Bucks. Patience will pay off.
There's absolutely no reason for the Bucks to go splashing money in the off season when they had not figured out what to do with their rotation. And trading Knight for MCW wasn't smart IMO.

But back to Phoenix, they are headed for NBA purgatory.

I see what you mean and it is possible we screw something up still but I don't think we can to the same extent due to the base we have in Wiggins/Towns. We shouldn't go big or spend on the wrong fit to try and compete now but if there is an obtainable piece we are ready to be competitive moving forward.

Anyways I agree with you on the rest. I think Bucks did make a mistake there and Suns do seem to be in purgatory. If Suns can get something for their current players it might be worth trying to just start over and rebuild using whatever they can get back and their younger guys (go for young players and picks).

warfelg
12-28-2015, 07:17 PM
I see what you mean and it is possible we screw something up still but I don't think we can to the same extent due to the base we have in Wiggins/Towns. We shouldn't go big or spend on the wrong fit to try and compete now but if there is an obtainable piece we are ready to be competitive moving forward.

Anyways I agree with you on the rest. I think Bucks did make a mistake there and Suns do seem to be in purgatory. If Suns can get something for their current players it might be worth trying to just start over and rebuild using whatever they can get back and their younger guys (go for young players and picks).

I feel like it's an all too common mistake. Bit of cap room, good young team, 2 great parts, and go out and get a high priced FA. Milwaukee would have likely been best off spending less on a defensive center and saving the cap for a move they might need to make.

I think it's a common thing with GMs. This need to compete, that they feel the fans pressure to just make the playoffs. I wish a few of those GM's would be smarter about building. Complement what you have. Don't add a substar to the mix.

mngopher35
12-28-2015, 08:12 PM

I feel like it's an all too common mistake. Bit of cap room, good young team, 2 great parts, and go out and get a high priced FA. Milwaukee would have likely been best off spending less on a defensive center and saving the cap for a move they might need to make.

I think it's a common thing with GMs. This need to compete, that they feel the fans pressure to just make the playoffs. I wish a few of those GM's would be smarter about building. Complement what you have. Don't add a substar to the mix.

Ya and a lot of teams will have cap space coming up and only a few players worth top money probably (so potential for a lot of overpays).

I guess it's tough to say where minny ends up. Flip passing away makes it impossible to say how our fo will handle things but I hope they are patient like he was. Now you guys have me worried haha.