PDA

View Full Version : Your picks for all star weekend?

Gander13SM
12-26-2015, 11:08 AM
Who would you like to see in the ASG? Dunk contest? 3pt contest? Etc...

For me;

ASG

EAST;

G: Kyle Lowry
G: Jimmy Butler
F: Paul George
F: Paul Millsap
F: LeBron James

WEST;

G: Stephen Curry
G: Russell Westbrook
F: Kawhi Leonard
F: Kevin Durant
F: Draymond Green

Three Point Contest;

Klay Thompson,
J.J Redick,
Kyle Korver,
Kyle Lowry,
C.J McCollum,
Eric Bledsoe,
Mirza Teletovic,
J.R "I'm the greatest shooter ever" Smith

Dunk Contest;

Zach LaVine,
Larry Nance Jr,
Victor Oladipo,
Terence Ross (former winner and it's in Toronto this year)

Skills Challenge;

Cory Joseph,
D'Angelo Russell,
Isaiah Thomas,
Dennis Schroeder,
Ish Smith,
Mo Williams,
T.J McConnell,
Elfrid Payton,
Brandon Knight,
Emmanuel Mudiay,

Tg11
12-26-2015, 11:57 AM
I think we will see Raptors players on the East All Star team like Jonas, DeRozan and Lowry especially since it is in Toronto but for the Dunk Contest I can see a Raptors player in on this maybe T Ross since he is a former Dunk Champion

chi-townlove1
12-26-2015, 12:09 PM
There's no way Drummond doesn't make the east

MonroeFAN
12-26-2015, 01:06 PM
By Paul milsap do you mean Andre Drummond?

Gander13SM
12-26-2015, 01:13 PM
By Paul milsap do you mean Andre Drummond?

Nope.

MonroeFAN
12-26-2015, 01:18 PM
Well nothing to see here then.

Gander13SM
12-26-2015, 02:02 PM

LOL.

Drummond has been a beast. I just like Millsaps game more and I think what he's been doing is flying under the radar.

Again, it's about who you want to see. More about your personal preference than anything else.

Tg11
12-26-2015, 02:53 PM
But even you can't argue that we will see Raptors players on the East All Star squad even if they make it in as reserves because with Lowry we know he will most likely start or even DeRozan based on Toronto fan votes but being honest I really do want to see Boston's Isaiah Thomas make the East All Star squad even if it is as a reserve

MonroeFAN
12-26-2015, 07:08 PM

LOL.

Drummond has been a beast. I just like Millsaps game more and I think what he's been doing is flying under the radar.

Again, it's about who you want to see. More about your personal preference than anything else.

Way to justify and be civil my dude. Milsap is definitely a beast.

sf-fanatic
12-26-2015, 07:42 PM
No Curry in the three point contest or skills contest ?

TrueFan420
12-26-2015, 07:56 PM
No Curry in the three point contest or skills contest ?
Naw he's just chilling and he's won the skills before. Maybe he does 3 point to add to the trophy case cause that one means more.

Scoots
12-27-2015, 04:37 PM
Kobe is probably going to start because stupid fans

5ass
12-27-2015, 04:52 PM
I'd like to see a Magic player make it. I think Vucevic is worthy. Obviously he'd come off the bench, but I don't care. Can't think of many centres in the east that are better than him.

c.c.
12-27-2015, 04:56 PM

This

Raps18-19 Champ
12-27-2015, 04:57 PM

Same with Wade.

SupremeNY.
12-27-2015, 05:14 PM
I can't see Lowry starting over Reggie Jackson , he's been ballin out of control this year

Tg11
12-27-2015, 09:42 PM
Lowry should start I mean it is in Toronto and he plays for the Raptors and if All Star weekend is in Toronto you can bet he will not only be named to the East All Star team but it is almost a guarantee that he will start

BHF
12-27-2015, 10:58 PM
I can't see Lowry starting over Reggie Jackson , he's been ballin out of control this year

You actually believe that Reggie Jackson has a better year than Kyle Lowry? LOL

We_need_players
12-27-2015, 11:14 PM

Might wanna look up some numbers, because you can easily argue Jackson has been better or just as good as Lowry this year.

BHF
12-28-2015, 12:39 AM
Might wanna look up some numbers, because you can easily argue Jackson has been better or just as good as Lowry this year.

Go ahead look at the numbers and than look at the record of each team, lets not mention defense that doesn't show up in the stats. Lowry is miles ahead of Jackson this season and its not even close.

TylerSL
12-28-2015, 01:07 AM
We all know the fans are going to vote Kobe (and probably Irving) into the all star game, but if it was really based on production this season, this is probably who should get in.

West
Starting Lineup
G-Stephen Curry
G-Russell Westbrook
F-Kevin Durant
F-Anthony Davis
F-DaMarcus Cousins

Bench
Kawhi Leonard
James Harden
Chris Paul
Blake Griffin
D'Andre Jordan
Damien Lillard
Dwight Howard

East
Starting Lineup
G-Dwayne Wade
G-Jimmy Butler
F-Lebron James
F-Paul George
F-Andre Drummond

Bench
DeMar Derozan
Carmelo Anthony
Kyle Lowry
John Wall
Chris Bosh
Brook Lopez
Kevin Love

Three-point Contest (The real main-event)
Stephen Curry
Klay Thompson
JJ Reddick
CJ McCollum
Kris Middleton
Kyle Korver
Avery Bradley
Paul George

I really don't care about the rest of it

mrblisterdundee
12-28-2015, 10:43 PM
All-star East:
• Guards: Kyle Lowry, John Wall, Reggie Jackson
• Guards: Jimmy Butler, Dwyane Wade, DeMar DeRozan
• Front court: Paul George, Carmelo Anthony
• Front court: LeBron James, Paul Milsap, Al Horford, Kevin Love
• Front court: Hassan Whiteside, Andre Drummond, Chris Bosh

All-star West:
• Guards: Russell Westbrook, Chris Paul, Damian Lillard, Eric Bledsoe
• Guards: Stephen Curry, James Harden, Klay Thompson
• Front court: Kawhi Leonard, Draymond Green
• Front Court: Kevin Durant, Blake Griffin, LaMarcus Aldridge
• Front Court: Anthony Davis, DeMarcus Cousins, DeAndre Jordan

Rising stars challenge:
• Team World: Andrew Wiggins, Kristaps Porzingis, Nikola Mirotic, Emmanuel Mudiay, Nikola Jokic, Nemanja Bjelica, Bojan Bogdanović, Jusuf Nurkić, Mario Hezonja, Trey Lyles
• Team U.S.: Karl Anthony Towns, Elfrid Payton, Justice Winslow, Jahlil Okafor, D'Angelo Russell, Rondae Hollis-Jefferson, T.J. McConnell, Frank Kaminsky, Zach LaVine, Nerlens Noel

• Three-point contest: Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson, Paul George, Damian Lillard, Kevin Durant, J.J. Redick, Khris Middleton, Kyle Korver
• Slam Dunk Contest: Zach LaVine, Andrew Wiggins, Gerald Green, Kenneth Faried, Russell Westbrook, Victor Oladipo
• Skills Challenge: John Wall, Kyle Lowry, Dennis Schrφder, Elfrid Payton, Ricky Rubio, Ish Smith, Elfrid Payton, C.J. McCollum

5ass
12-28-2015, 10:49 PM
Brook Lopez and Hassan Whiteside over Vucevic? I'm feeling good about Vucevic's chances at making the all star game even though he's 15th in voting among front court players.

mrblisterdundee
12-28-2015, 10:51 PM
Go ahead look at the numbers and than look at the record of each team, lets not mention defense that doesn't show up in the stats. Lowry is miles ahead of Jackson this season and its not even close.

Have to agree here. Lowry has been the best defensive point guard in the eastern conference. His team currently has the fourth best record. That said, I put Jackson on the eastern all-star team.

mrblisterdundee
12-28-2015, 10:55 PM
Brook Lopez and Hassan Whiteside over Vucevic? I'm feeling good about Vucevic's chances at making the all star game even though he's 15th in voting among front court players.

Whiteside is in the conversation with Drummond for best center in the east. Vucevic is solid offensively, but he's weak defensively. Might as well take Love.

5ass
12-28-2015, 11:32 PM
Whiteside is in the conversation with Drummond for best center in the east. Vucevic is solid offensively, but he's weak defensively. Might as well take Love.

Vucevic isn't as bad defensively as a lot of people think. Vucevic is more than solid offensively. Offensively he's the best center in the east for sure. He clearly outplayed Hassan a couple of days ago.

You have three all stars from the heat and none on the Magic when they have the same record..

mrblisterdundee
12-29-2015, 12:20 AM
Vucevic isn't as bad defensively as a lot of people think. Vucevic is more than solid offensively. Offensively he's the best center in the east for sure. He clearly outplayed Hassan a couple of days ago.

You have three all stars from the heat and none on the Magic when they have the same record..

I could justify dropping Love for Vucevic, but Whiteside is clearly better.

bucketss
12-29-2015, 01:12 AM

jackson probably won't even make the all star game all together :laugh2:

5ass
12-29-2015, 02:37 AM
I could justify dropping Love for Vucevic, but Whiteside is clearly better.

I don't see how he's clearly better. If Vucevic keeps it up I see him making the all star.

goingfor28
12-29-2015, 03:06 AM
Not Kobe, that's for sure. But he's clearly going to start.

As long as Zack LaVine does the dunk contest again I'll be happy. The rest, don't care who's in really. I'll watch whoever

MonroeFAN
12-29-2015, 05:16 AM

Oh come on man, the numbers, the Record, everything suggests Reggie does not deserve to be an all star, and he's no where near as good as Lowry has been. I like Jackson but he is a complete no show in basically very loss we have.

MonroeFAN
12-29-2015, 05:19 AM

jackson probably won't even make the all star game all together :laugh2:

Did I misplace my lucky sand In your underpants young lady? Didn't realize OKC still had fans.

Scoots
12-29-2015, 11:48 AM
We all know the fans are going to vote Kobe (and probably Irving) into the all star game, but if it was really based on production this season, this is probably who should get in.

West
Starting Lineup
G-Stephen Curry
G-Russell Westbrook
F-Kevin Durant
F-Anthony Davis
F-DaMarcus Cousins

Bench
Kawhi Leonard
James Harden
Chris Paul
Blake Griffin
D'Andre Jordan
Damien Lillard
Dwight Howard

East
Starting Lineup
G-Dwayne Wade
G-Jimmy Butler
F-Lebron James
F-Paul George
F-Andre Drummond

Bench
DeMar Derozan
Carmelo Anthony
Kyle Lowry
John Wall
Chris Bosh
Brook Lopez
Kevin Love

Three-point Contest (The real main-event)
Stephen Curry
Klay Thompson
JJ Reddick
CJ McCollum
Kris Middleton
Kyle Korver
Avery Bradley
Paul George

I really don't care about the rest of it

So the Warriors who could reasonably go into the all-star game with 1 loss get 1 player, and the Clippers who are struggling to get to .600 get 3?

MonroeFAN
12-29-2015, 11:58 AM
Anyone remember when Drummond's ceiling was DeAndre Jordan?

warfelg
12-29-2015, 04:17 PM

I was so high on him being a UConn fan and people laughed saying he was the next Tabeet :(

5ass
12-29-2015, 04:40 PM

Meh that's probably the minority. A lot of people recognized his real potential. I'm one of those people that thought his ceiling was/is higher than prime Howard. I remember when Howard destroyed Drummond one time, and Drummond thanked Dwight for destroying him. I knew Drummond would be a beast in a few years. He's more fluid and has a softer touch than Dwight. Plus he's a little bigger. I still feel Drummond will fall short of his potential though. He won't even reach prime Howard level if he doesn't improve his FTs, and overall efficiency.

Method28
12-29-2015, 06:52 PM
West
Curry
Westy
Durant
Griffin
Jordan

East
Lowry
Irving
George
James
Drummond

Dunk
James
Griffin
Ross
Westy

3pt
Curry
Thompson
Redick
Blah
Blah
Blah

Funny 3pt
Jordan
Drummond
Bring Shaq down from commentary

Method28
12-29-2015, 06:53 PM
And just making sure I read it right....this is who we WANT not who we think is going to go right lol

BHF
12-30-2015, 07:13 PM
Oh come on man, the numbers, the Record, everything suggests Reggie does not deserve to be an all star, and he's no where near as good as Lowry has been. I like Jackson but he is a complete no show in basically very loss we have.

Must be awkward being a pistons fan with a name like that lol And no i didn't say Reggie doesn't deserve to be an all star i said he doesn't deserve to start over Lowry.

warfelg
12-31-2015, 09:40 AM
I keep chuckling at the fact a majority have TWO SIXERS in their skills comp.

MonroeFAN
12-31-2015, 09:49 AM

Must be awkward being a pistons fan with a name like that lol And no i didn't say Reggie doesn't deserve to be an all star i said he doesn't deserve to start over Lowry.

I actually don't give a crap what you said. Must be awkward to continue to get into arguments with me when you never win them. Just do you already, you aren't an authority at all. You and your drake posse are all just super goofy honestly.

BHF
12-31-2015, 12:29 PM
I actually don't give a crap what you said. Must be awkward to continue to get into arguments with me when you never win them. Just do you already, you aren't an authority at all. You and your drake posse are all just super goofy honestly.

<3

Tg11
12-31-2015, 03:08 PM
Lowry is guaranteed to be at Toronto 2016 I mean not only is he a Raptor and considering he would have the hometown support in Toronto playing for the Raptors he would not only get voted in for that but he would start too especially given the fan votes in Toronto

DeRozan too will probably be named to the East All Star squad either as a starter or as a reserve

Especially given the hometown and for us Torontonians it is our first NBA All Star weekend

LanceUpperCut
12-31-2015, 06:16 PM
Lowry is guaranteed to be at Toronto 2016 I mean not only is he a Raptor and considering he would have the hometown support in Toronto playing for the Raptors he would not only get voted in for that but he would start too especially given the fan votes in Toronto

DeRozan too will probably be named to the East All Star squad either as a starter or as a reserve

Especially given the hometown and for us Torontonians it is our first NBA All Star weekend

DD deserves an allstar nod, the guy had been unreal lately.