PDA

View Full Version : Ish Smith traded to Philly

SensandRaps
12-24-2015, 05:28 PM
Marc J. Spears ‏@SpearsNBAYahoo 13m13 minutes ago
The Sixers are acquiring guard Ish Smith from the Pelicans for two future second round picks, a source told Yahoo Sports.

so...how many point guards do the 76ers need?

2-ONE-5
12-24-2015, 05:49 PM
so...how many point guards do the 76ers need?

what? Wroten was released to make this deal so we have 3 still. Ish turned down a bigger offer from us in the offseason but gambled and lost. He was pretty damn solid last year for us and was terrific with Noel so hopefully he can pick back up.

5ass
12-24-2015, 06:08 PM
Hinkie should've just resigned him in the offseason, still it was a good move. Finally Hinkie (colangelo) gave up assets to improve their team. They're on pace to win three games LOL something had to be done. Second round picks are insignificant. Good move for the Sixers, although I would've resigned Smith in the offseason, and used better assets to get a better young PG.

Ty22Mitchell
12-24-2015, 07:02 PM
Has anyone else ordered their 76ers' 2015-2016 championship rings?

More-Than-Most
12-24-2015, 07:45 PM
Lol I love it... The sixers bashing if they tank or if they try to improve... I cant wait until Saric comes over and Embiid comes back and we sign legit free agents and this team turns into a force.

More-Than-Most
12-24-2015, 07:46 PM
Hinkie should've just resigned him in the offseason, still it was a good move. Finally Hinkie (colangelo) gave up assets to improve their team. They're on pace to win three games LOL something had to be done. Second round picks are insignificant. Good move for the Sixers, although I would've resigned Smith in the offseason, and used better assets to get a better young PG.

again he wanted more than he deserved and everyone balked at that price and now we get him for much less.

valade16
12-24-2015, 08:03 PM
Lol I love it... The sixers bashing if they tank or if they try to improve... I cant wait until Saric comes over and Embiid comes back and we sign legit free agents and this team turns into a force.

Hinkie "You'll wait as long as I tell you to."

basketballkitty
12-24-2015, 08:13 PM
again he wanted more than he deserved and everyone balked at that price and now we get him for much less.

Yeah...for 50 games at most. Then he walks out again, and sixer get nothing, but will have given away the 37th pick in this draft coming up. And likely the 30th pick in 2017.

Yeah right...Great trade! :facepalm:

5ass
12-24-2015, 08:26 PM

As kitty guy said, its only for 50 games and his contact expires. You gave up two seconds for what? Just pay the man 3-5 mil/yr for a couple of years. At some point you have to spend money, and his contract wouldn't have affected your FA plans in anyway. So no this is not another one of "Hinkie's genius moves". It's his attempt to rectify a mistake.

5ass
12-24-2015, 08:32 PM

Or... Saric can't adjust to the NBA, Embiid never gets healthy, and nobody wants to play for a Sixer's franchise that has (and is) damaging its reputation. Look, things might work out in Philly and they might not, but let's not act like they're a sure thing. They might eventually build a contender, or they might struggle to make the play offs.

5ass
12-24-2015, 08:38 PM
What's not clear to me is why the Pelicans do this? Is Holiday healthy? Tyree taking over? Or are they tanking this year?

More-Than-Most
12-24-2015, 08:41 PM
Yeah...for 50 games at most. Then he walks out again, and sixer get nothing, but will have given away the 37th pick in this draft coming up. And likely the 30th pick in 2017.

lol we can live without 2 second round picks considering we will have at least 3 first round picks next year... This is a really good trade because it gives Oka something he has not had all season and any kind of help will help his growth

slaker619
12-24-2015, 09:16 PM
He must be so upset

More-Than-Most
12-24-2015, 10:11 PM
He must be so upset

ahahahahahahaha this post wins the internet. :clap: i lold bro thanks.

GiantsSwaGG
12-24-2015, 10:31 PM
Sixers finally improving, getting a top 5 PG

MonroeFAN
12-25-2015, 01:20 PM

Holy **** dude.

SensandRaps
12-25-2015, 01:39 PM
what? Wroten was released to make this deal so we have 3 still. Ish turned down a bigger offer from us in the offseason but gambled and lost. He was pretty damn solid last year for us and was terrific with Noel so hopefully he can pick back up.

the wroten news came a bit after i made the thread but at least it makes a bit more sense now

even then though you think philly would focus more on getting an sg upgrade over pg, smith is an upgrade over what they have now but it tanks tj's value and he was actually doing decently imo

MILLERHIGHLIFE
12-25-2015, 02:04 PM
What's not clear to me is why the Pelicans do this? Is Holiday healthy? Tyree taking over? Or are they tanking this year?

http://espn.go.com/nba/standings/_/group/league

Injuries didn't help. Might as well tank now. #4 lottery seed as of right now. They might as well purged the veterans for picks. Ryan Anderson been rumored for Markieff for a while now.

Daaaarryyl
12-25-2015, 02:45 PM

On the surface is doesn't look like a good trade value wise.

But sometimes you have to sacrifice some to create a better culture. A sign that upper management now wants to be more competitive and look to win games helps the moral in the locker room some. I like it for Philly TBH.

Besides, I can't see them using ALL those picks the next few years. Losing a couple of 2nds isn't a big deal IMO.

2-ONE-5
12-25-2015, 04:32 PM
the wroten news came a bit after i made the thread but at least it makes a bit more sense now

even then though you think philly would focus more on getting an sg upgrade over pg, smith is an upgrade over what they have now but it tanks tj's value and he was actually doing decently imo

TJ is terrible he doesnt have any value or future in the league past this season. Even if we kept Wroten hes closer to a 2 compared to a 1 anyway.

SensandRaps
12-25-2015, 07:37 PM
TJ is terrible he doesnt have any value or future in the league past this season. Even if we kept Wroten hes closer to a 2 compared to a 1 anyway.

not the most attacking pg but he seems to do a bit of everything (rebound per game is really impressive considering his playing time and being a pg and all)

it might be me but having that different element as a pg is very useful, gives teams a different dynamic

TheNumber37
12-25-2015, 08:50 PM
How did Tony Wrotten just get released?

I know they suck, but he put up numbers for them last season

2-ONE-5
12-25-2015, 08:55 PM
not the most attacking pg but he seems to do a bit of everything (rebound per game is really impressive considering his playing time and being a pg and all)

it might be me but having that different element as a pg is very useful, gives teams a different dynamic

he is good at chasing rebs but he flat out stinks overall. had some nice games early on but since like the 3rd week hes been *******.

2-ONE-5
12-25-2015, 08:56 PM
How did Tony Wrotten just get released?

I know they suck, but he put up numbers for them last season

has more turnovers than baskets made so far. he regressed since he got back and it was so bad even rust wasnt a good enough excuse. I know the Pels were offered him first and declined too. I was a fan of Wroten but his play this year paired with him apparently getting into with the coach sealed his fate

basketballkitty
12-26-2015, 12:52 PM

Don't listen to those who are clearly in need of Mental help. TJ McConnell is easily among the best rookies this draft. And especially considering he went undrafted. Those who say he has ZERO Future are those who are obviously Insane. TJ is just a heady ball player. On a very good team where he had better and more consistent line-up...he would really show something.

Some of my fellow Sixer fans need to realize TJ's value. He is a very good % shooter. He is a great facilitator of the offense ( Better then Marshall is )...is a very good defensive PG and as stated by me...probably the best small guard rebounder in this league....maybe Rondo is better...but no one else. The Sixers brass knows this, and it is one reason why they let Wroten go. Even though I wouldn't have...even IF it would have cost us TJ. But my preference would have been to let others like Marshall go, or Jakar Sampson. But TJ has been very very good considering this Sixers team, and what he has to play with.