PDA

View Full Version : 12/22 & 12/23 NBA Game Thread

kdspurman
12-22-2015, 06:19 PM
Tuesday December 22nd, 2015

http://a1.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/teamlogos/nba/500/scoreboard/mem.png&h=70&w=70@http://a1.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/teamlogos/nba/500/scoreboard/phi.png&h=70&w=70

7:00PM

http://a1.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/teamlogos/nba/500/scoreboard/det.png&h=70&w=70@http://a1.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/teamlogos/nba/500/scoreboard/mia.png&h=70&w=70

7:30PM

http://a1.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/teamlogos/nba/500/scoreboard/dal.png&h=70&w=70@http://a1.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/teamlogos/nba/500/scoreboard/tor.png&h=70&w=70

NBA TV

http://a1.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/teamlogos/nba/500/scoreboard/lal.png&h=70&w=70@http://a1.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/teamlogos/nba/500/scoreboard/den.png&h=70&w=70

9:00PM

5ass
12-22-2015, 09:03 PM
Yeah.. I'm gonna need uhhh the Pistons and Raptors to lose tonight so that the Magic become the 6th seed in the east. Mmkay??

Lol I'm rooting for most eastern conference teams to lose games. They're all fighting for the play offs.

WaDe03
12-22-2015, 09:11 PM
Yeah.. I'm gonna need uhhh the Pistons and Raptors to lose tonight so that the Magic become the 6th seed in the east. Mmkay??

Lol I'm rooting for most eastern conference teams to lose games. They're all fighting for the play offs.

We got you don't worry.

WaDe03
12-22-2015, 09:35 PM
Never mind out bench/coach want to be trash and give up a 19 point lead and the Pistons our shooting like the best team ever for the second time against us this year.

basch152
12-22-2015, 10:37 PM
Blatant offensive foul from wade called as defensive foul. Of course

5ass
12-22-2015, 10:49 PM
Blatant offensive foul from wade called as defensive foul. Of course

Yeah that was ugly. Blatant travel by Jackson as well. Wasn't called.

basch152
12-22-2015, 10:54 PM
Yeah that was ugly. Blatant travel by Jackson as well. Wasn't called.

Yeah i saw. I was fine with it though because it made up for the wade call, and it was literally the next play or two.

WaDe03
12-22-2015, 10:55 PM
This Heat team is so up and down. It's ridiculous. Beat elite teams and lose to teams we should beat. Happens all the time going all the way back to when we had LeBron.

basch152
12-22-2015, 11:07 PM
This Heat team is so up and down. It's ridiculous. Beat elite teams and lose to teams we should beat. Happens all the time going all the way back to when we had LeBron.

Have you watched the pistons this year? They aren't a gimme win. In fact, when jennings and meeks come back they're probably the better team.

WaDe03
12-22-2015, 11:09 PM
Have you watched the pistons this year? They aren't a gimme win. In fact, when jennings and meeks come back they're probably the better team.

They're not a gimme win obviously but they're a team we should beat at home. I disagree. When Dragic Johnson and McRoberts come back I would say we're the better team. We need a better coach though that's for sure.

SteBO
12-22-2015, 11:22 PM
GG Detroit. We had you buried, but thanks to Spo you guys took advantage and came back. After that, it was close and competitive. We really missed Goran, TJ, and McRoberts tonight.

zn23
12-23-2015, 12:20 AM
Kobe played a great game.

Lakers + Giants
12-23-2015, 12:31 AM
Lakers won :(

Kobe still looking good as of late tho. Nice to see.

Cal827
12-23-2015, 01:00 AM
he Raptors are pretty good against teams above 500 at 10-6. But for teams below .500, they're only 8-6. With the Eastern Conference likely going to be very tight to the end of the season, they need to take advantage of the weaker opponents. We've already lost to the Nuggets, Kings, and Suns at home, and were actually swept by the Kings this season too lol

WaDe03
12-23-2015, 02:15 AM
he Raptors are pretty good against teams above 500 at 10-6. But for teams below .500, they're only 8-6. With the Eastern Conference likely going to be very tight to the end of the season, they need to take advantage of the weaker opponents. We've already lost to the Nuggets, Kings, and Suns at home, and were actually swept by the Kings this season too lol

Sounds like we're going through the same thing. It's very annoying.

kobe4thewinbang
12-23-2015, 03:27 AM
Huzzah! A Lakers win! A win against a shorthanded opponent, but a win on the road, against the west, and a win in general! Also Wade looked good, shame MIA lost barely. Liked that Clippers-Spurs rematch too. OKC dropped them too, such confidence. I hope KD and WB stay healthy.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
12-23-2015, 12:26 PM

Milwaukee Bucks know the feeling.

kdspurman
12-23-2015, 05:58 PM
Todays Games:

Celtics @ Hornets

Knicks @ Cavs

Kings @ Pacers

Rockets @ Magic
NBA TV

Grizzlies @ Wizards

Mavs @ Nets

Pistons @ Hawks
8:00PM

76ers @ Bucks

Blazers @ Pelicans

Spurs @ Wolves

Nuggets @ Suns
9:00PM

Jazz @ Warriors
10:30PM

Thunder @ Lakers
10:30PM
NBATV

MonroeFAN
12-23-2015, 08:26 PM

Wait what? When are you guys going to get over this?

zn23
12-23-2015, 09:13 PM
Porzingis plays a lot better when Carmelo isn't playing. Canelo just swallows possessions. He's like a black hole.

D-Leethal
12-23-2015, 09:28 PM
Porzingis plays a lot better when Carmelo isn't playing. Canelo just swallows possessions. He's like a black hole.

I don't think there is much truth to that at all...

5ass
12-23-2015, 09:30 PM
Aaron Gordon led all scorers at the half coming off the bench with 14 pts in a quarter. This is why he has so much potential. He can get easy buckets, and his offensive game is developing. We need him to uard James Harden s well. I feel like Skiles is abut to adjust.

D-Leethal
12-23-2015, 09:32 PM
...as Porzingis begins to erupt

basch152
12-23-2015, 09:35 PM
The hawks are being some *******s right now.

kdspurman
12-23-2015, 09:49 PM
Flashbacks of Duncan and KG are always fun

MonroeFAN
12-23-2015, 10:02 PM
Teams can't beat us with talent so they need to resort to fouling Andre in the 1st

zn23
12-23-2015, 10:19 PM
Pathetic Shot selection from the Knicks. Porzingis barely got to touch the ball in the last 2 minutes with Afflalo hogging and jacking up bad shots and turning the ball over.

Vee-Rex
12-23-2015, 10:20 PM
Wow Shumpert is such a good defender.

Vee-Rex
12-23-2015, 10:21 PM
Pathetic Shot selection from the Knicks. Porzingis barely got to touch the ball in the last 2 minutes with Afflalo hogging and jacking up bad shots and turning the ball over.

Shumpert simply got the better of Afflalo at the end.

zn23
12-23-2015, 10:23 PM
Shumpert simply got the better of Afflalo at the end.

He definitely did but they kept drawing isolation plays for him.

5ass
12-23-2015, 10:26 PM
Monsieur Fournier with the clutch bucket. Statistically one of the most clutch players in the league. He's been a good closer for us. The Magic wanted this win, good to take revenge after they beat us in overtime last month. Suck it Dwight lol. Magic are a win away from the second seed.

zn23
12-23-2015, 10:38 PM
Porzingis didn't get a single shot in the 4th quarter until the last second heave from half when the game was over...

Knicks coaches had him setting screens and passing to Afflalo. Terrible mistake.

lol, please
12-24-2015, 12:09 AM
http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?902759-Draft-Enemies!-Game-28-Jazz-(12-14)-Warriors-(26-1)

Let's goooooooooooooooooooooooooo

:cheer:

lol, please
12-24-2015, 12:17 AM
What a sequence. Klay making a case for best SG in the league and a top 4 shooter all time.

tredigs
12-24-2015, 12:19 AM
For being regarded as arguably the best bench in the NBA, you'd think the Warriors reserves would not get owned by other benches as often as they do.

5ass
12-24-2015, 12:45 AM
Magic are now a 5th seed!!

MonroeFAN
12-24-2015, 06:34 AM
Congrats guys. Magic are legit.

You can thank coach bud for being a little ***** for the Pistons losing. We had their number and were the better team.

PurpleLynch
12-24-2015, 09:09 AM
What a sequence. Klay making a case for best SG in the league and a top 4 shooter all time.

As much as I like Klay,he has a long way before getting in "a top 4 shooter of all time" league.

Miller,Allen,MJ,Bird,Nowitzki,Nash are just few names in my mind right now that can easily challenge your sentence.

ewing
12-24-2015, 09:33 AM

there is very little room for KP to operate with RL, Mello, and AA in the game. Rolo can't do anything outside the paint and the other 2 love to post up. Plus the other guard in the starting lineup is slow as **** and never drives. This doesn't take advantage of KP's mobility. Putting it all on Melo is not fair. The KP Rolo combo is the one that appears to be the worst fit so far and Melo has actually been a very willing passer.

5ass
12-24-2015, 04:13 PM
Congrats guys. Magic are legit.

You can thank coach bud for being a little ***** for the Pistons losing. We had their number and were the better team.
Haha I felt the same way about our loss against the Hawks, I felt we were the better team when we lost, and we were leading most of the 4th but nah.. they just really know how to execute down the stretch. They're a bunch of experienced vets, so they're a good team. Still not a great team, and I expect them to start to fall off next year, but for now they'll probably win around 50 games. Didn't watch the Pistons vs Hawks game though. What happened?

Rocket's benefited from calls going their way throughout the 4th quarter. Somehow, they always do. They fouled Tobias Harris without the ball on an in bounds play, and the Magic didn't get FTs and ball possession as should be. Didn't even run 0.1 seconds off the clock, so the refs knew he got fouled before he touched the ball. The Magic got FTs and the ball went to the Rockets. Then, Oladipo played great defense on Harden on an inbounds play and the Magic denied the Rockets a good shot. Houston's coach went crazy thinking it was a foul, and *****ed about it to the media. Pretty funny.

Anyway, I like what the Pistons are doing as well. Even though the Magic have a better record, I'm not sure they have a better team. I do think both teams are better than the Celtics, Bucks, hornets, Knicks. I worry about the Wizards though, I think they could push the Magic/Pistons out of the play offs.

Saddletramp
12-26-2015, 03:43 AM
Haha I felt the same way about our loss against the Hawks, I felt we were the better team when we lost, and we were leading most of the 4th but nah.. they just really know how to execute down the stretch. They're a bunch of experienced vets, so they're a good team. Still not a great team, and I expect them to start to fall off next year, but for now they'll probably win around 50 games. Didn't watch the Pistons vs Hawks game though. What happened?

Rocket's benefited from calls going their way throughout the 4th quarter. Somehow, they always do. They fouled Tobias Harris without the ball on an in bounds play, and the Magic didn't get FTs and ball possession as should be. Didn't even run 0.1 seconds off the clock, so the refs knew he got fouled before he touched the ball. The Magic got FTs and the ball went to the Rockets. Then, Oladipo played great defense on Harden on an inbounds play and the Magic denied the Rockets a good shot. Houston's coach went crazy thinking it was a foul, and *****ed about it to the media. Pretty funny.

Anyway, I like what the Pistons are doing as well. Even though the Magic have a better record, I'm not sure they have a better team. I do think both teams are better than the Celtics, Bucks, hornets, Knicks. I worry about the Wizards though, I think they could push the Magic/Pistons out of the play offs.

They were fouling Hardenat the end by holding him. But what are ya gonna do? There was hardly any time left anyway.

I like a lot of the Magic players but I think they need to trade a few guys and get a legit star before they'll make real noise. Then again, maybe "star by committee" can get things done.

Anyways, it was a fun game.

5ass
12-26-2015, 04:42 AM
They were fouling Hardenat the end by holding him. But what are ya gonna do? There was hardly any time left anyway.

I like a lot of the Magic players but I think they need to trade a few guys and get a legit star before they'll make real noise. Then again, maybe "star by committee" can get things done.

Oladipo didn't hold him, harden just got his arm stuck in there and Howard's screen was a little too soft for Oladipo. You can see Marcus Thornton hold Vucevic on the play though. Could've called a foul there as well. My point is he shouldn't be complaining.

We still have two 20 yr old top 5 picks coming off the bench playing 12 and 19 mpg. Let's wait for them to develop. I'm not sure for sure that neither of them will be a star. Payton is only 21. All of our players still have not reached their ceiling yet. So I'm not sure that we definitely don't have a star.

5ass
12-26-2015, 03:43 PM

Rockets interim coach J.B. Bickerstaff insisted on Wednesday that James Harden was fouled by Orlando’s Victor Oladipo while moving to get the ball for a last shot. He challenged “You go back and watch the tape; it’s clearly a foul.”

When the NBA reviewed the video on Thursday, it determined that it was not a foul.

The league ruled “Oladipo (ORL) and Harden (HOU) briefly engage and separate during the inbounds play” and called the play a correct no call.

Of the 20 calls, no calls or video reviews the NBA analyzed, 18 were deemed correct. The two no calls that were considered incorrect should have been fouls on the Rockets; one on Harden for a personal foul while defending Elfrid Payton and one on Dwight Howard for an illegal screen on Oladipo.

http://blog.chron.com/ultimaterockets/2015/12/nba-review-confirms-james-harden-was-not-fouled-by-victor-oladipo-on-final-shot/

Like I said, Bickerstaff has nothing to complain about. That soft screen by Dwight should've been called a moving screen too.

Saddletramp
12-27-2015, 12:31 AM
Rockets interim coach J.B. Bickerstaff insisted on Wednesday that James Harden was fouled by Orlando’s Victor Oladipo while moving to get the ball for a last shot. He challenged “You go back and watch the tape; it’s clearly a foul.”

When the NBA reviewed the video on Thursday, it determined that it was not a foul.

The league ruled “Oladipo (ORL) and Harden (HOU) briefly engage and separate during the inbounds play” and called the play a correct no call.

Of the 20 calls, no calls or video reviews the NBA analyzed, 18 were deemed correct. The two no calls that were considered incorrect should have been fouls on the Rockets; one on Harden for a personal foul while defending Elfrid Payton and one on Dwight Howard for an illegal screen on Oladipo.

http://blog.chron.com/ultimaterockets/2015/12/nba-review-confirms-james-harden-was-not-fouled-by-victor-oladipo-on-final-shot/

Like I said, Bickerstaff has nothing to complain about. That soft screen by Dwight should've been called a moving screen too.

He (JBB) definitely went overboard at the end there. But if grabbing guys like that is cool, then let's just grab guys on every inbounds play. It's whatever, though. Looked like a foul to me when I re-watched it but I'm definitely not crying or anything. Just seems like if that's allowed, then let's just interlock on all plays.

And I guarantee there were more than 2 missed calls in that game (reviewed or not). Every game has a ton of missed calls.

5ass
12-27-2015, 12:48 AM
Watch it again. Should've been a moving screen on Dwight and a holding foul on Thornton (grabbing Vucevic) if anything. Oladipo never grabbed him. The NBA disagrees with you, but whatever.

Saddletramp
12-27-2015, 01:15 AM
Watch it again. Should've been a moving screen on Dwight and a holding foul on Thornton (grabbing Vucevic) if anything. Oladipo never grabbed him. The NBA disagrees with you, but whatever.

It's all good. Another thing I think JBB was doing was firing up his team even in the course of the aftermath of a loss. It looked to me that all of the players but Dwight just calmly walked off the court and didn't really care (I didn't see all of their reactions, though). Maybe it's his way of getting these ****ing jerks that get paid millions to show some emotions (rather he felt it was that bad of a no-call or not). Some coaches do this sort of stuff.

As far as your comment that the Magic having guys that might turn into superstars once they develop, I think Fournier and Gordon look good but I'm wondering if Fournier is a contract year type guy. He looks good, though, so maybe he's just hitting his peak. As for Gordon, he lights it up quick and was very active. That's a fun team to watch and I'd be real excited as a Magic fan going forward.

5ass
12-27-2015, 02:01 AM
It's all good. Another thing I think JBB was doing was firing up his team even in the course of the aftermath of a loss. It looked to me that all of the players but Dwight just calmly walked off the court and didn't really care (I didn't see all of their reactions, though). Maybe it's his way of getting these ****ing jerks that get paid millions to show some emotions (rather he felt it was that bad of a no-call or not). Some coaches do this sort of stuff.

As far as your comment that the Magic having guys that might turn into superstars once they develop, I think Fournier and Gordon look good but I'm wondering if Fournier is a contract year type guy. He looks good, though, so maybe he's just hitting his peak. As for Gordon, he lights it up quick and was very active. That's a fun team to watch and I'd be real excited as a Magic fan going forward.

Yeah its possible. I'm sure he's a little desperate at this point. The rockets have a good amount of talent on their roster. They just need to make some minor moves, and they can be a lot better. Howard wants some touches on offense to stay motivated, and Harden needs the ball, but both have to lead the team on the defensive end. That's why I think they should hire Mark Jackson. There's very good defensive potential in a team with Howard, Capela, Jones, Ariza, and Beverley. Harden will have to focus on defense.

As for Fournier, he was lighting it up as a rookie for a stretch. He was so good, George Karl made him a starter in the play offs. He made him a starting PG for the first three games if I'm not mistaken. Obviously it was too much too soon for him. Then last year in Orlando he was also dropping 20 PPG for the first few games before he got injured, then had to work his way back and was a little underutilized because Vaughn was an idiot. But now he's 23 and starting to become consistent. It's not about his contract, he's a team guy. All he wants to do is win. Never once complained about his role. Whether it was as a starter or off the bench. Same with most of our players really. You see Oladipo got benched, and said nothing. I have zero concerns that any of them will drop off after they get their contract. They're all workers, Hennigan focuses on that type of stuff. Payton, Gordon, Harris, Oladipo, ect. all came into the league with the reputation of having a good head on their shoulders and great work ethic.