PDA

View Full Version : do you hate the clippers? if so, why?

blahblahyoutoo
12-22-2015, 04:33 PM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2600907-why-everyone-in-the-nba-hates-the-clippers?utm_source=cnn.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=editorial

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2015/10/30/9643372/everybody-hates-the-la-clippers

based on these opinion articles, it seems the hate is pretty universal around the league (amongst peers and coaches).

reasons given:
The Clippers whine too much, mostly about the officiating.
The Clippers strut and preen too much, usually when they're up by 20 points.
The Clippers flop too much—and superstars Chris Paul and Blake Griffin are the biggest offenders.

normally, it's easier to hate a team that consistently beats yours, or if they're a top team in the league that everyone wants to see fail, but this is not the case with the clippers as they're just not heavy favorites.

i think the CP3/blake flopping and whining are the 2 biggest reasons. that video where CP3 imitates hayward flopping is just full of irony.
doc rivers is reason #3. he's just not that good of a coach that people make him out to be.

AllBall
12-22-2015, 04:35 PM
Nope, don't hate them and could care less how they do.

I'm a fan of two teams that was negatively spun in the media so I've learned to ignore the made up "drama" that they spin to create this artificial hostility.

A lot of what they do other teams do and have done, but they decide to cover it more and draw more attention to it so as to have a narrative to write about.

Tony_Starks
12-22-2015, 04:50 PM
Some say hatin is confused admiration....

RLundi
12-22-2015, 04:58 PM
I hate the OP.

MygirlhatesCod
12-22-2015, 05:33 PM
I hate the OP.

Hahaha

ewing
12-22-2015, 05:42 PM
Hahaha

does your girl really hate COD?

Hawkeye15
12-22-2015, 05:54 PM
hate is a strong word, but I dislike them, because they are collectively the biggest group of whiners. Every single whistle that goes against them, they complain.

ewing
12-22-2015, 05:56 PM
I don't like Doc

Hawkeye15
12-22-2015, 05:57 PM
I don't like Doc

I like Jamie Foxx doing Doc though

JasonJohnHorn
12-22-2015, 06:18 PM

*in horse voice* That is a good impression he does.

JasonJohnHorn
12-22-2015, 06:19 PM
Outside of the Warriors and the Spurs, they are likely the best team to watch in terms of entertainment.

That said... I'm frustrated with Doc's application of nepotism. Austin should not even be in this league, let alone a key rotation player.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
12-22-2015, 08:19 PM
Not worried about them. Yeah now they actually get to the playoffs. But all the other years wow they were lottery team like forever. But back to the main topic not worried about them since they seem to get smashed first round exit. They almost need another star player or they will be on a treadmill. They're kinda young so they could accidently be in luck. Once Duncan and Dirk and rest of the west is ancient and retire then they could be gift wrapped finals in maybe 3 or 4 years. That's if they stick together and stay healthy. But 3 or 4 years expansion teams could be added out west and a few west teams moved to the east. Could get easier soon enough.

KnicksorBust
12-22-2015, 09:25 PM
I love the Clippers. They have actually made me look bad on PSD because I keep thinking they have a title run in them and they keep coming up short. I am still mad we never got LAC-GSW last season.

KnicksorBust
12-22-2015, 09:27 PM
Sidenote I hate DJ but love Blake and CP3.

IBleedPurple
12-22-2015, 10:00 PM
The whining does get old.

lol, please
12-22-2015, 10:15 PM
Nope, don't hate them and could care less how they do.

I'm a fan of two teams that was negatively spun in the media so I've learned to ignore the made up "drama" that they spin to create this artificial hostility.

A lot of what they do other teams do and have done, but they decide to cover it more and draw more attention to it so as to have a narrative to write about.
Which?

YAALREADYKNO
12-22-2015, 11:07 PM
Cause they cry if other players get within 5 feet of them.

sep11ie
12-22-2015, 11:08 PM
I don't like Jamie Foxx

ewing
12-22-2015, 11:27 PM
i think the Clip have a lot of really entertaining players. JJ has always been a favorite of mine, CP3 is great to watch, Blake is exciting, Craw has always been entertaining, same with PP, they even got Pablo. Overall they are an entertaining team. I have always thought that Doc was a tool and that makes them a little less likable but overall i like the Clips

Saddletramp
12-23-2015, 12:52 AM
does your girl really hate COD?

She's dyslexic. She really hates Doc.

BKLYNpigeon
12-23-2015, 01:30 AM
I bet Blake and DJ would be the leagues most likable players if they didn't play with CP3 and weren't coached by Doc

BKLYNpigeon
12-23-2015, 01:31 AM
Clippers should just trade CP3 for Kyrie Irving already.

Cracka2HI!
12-23-2015, 02:59 AM
I've been a fan since 1995 and I can say this is the hardest Clipper team ever to watch. There have been 3-4 sub 20 win teams mixed in there. One was a 9 win strike season tho. I used to defend their whining but I can't anymore. I'm sick of it. I'm not sure they flop much more than other teams. You would think they would learn something from all their crying. It hurts them SO bad. Blake is hammered out there all the damn time and doesn't get a lot of calls. Reason? The refs can't stand his whinny ***. Same thing with CP and Doc does nothing. Oh yea, except complain and cry himself. They play at the level of the competition every night. They don't have many big wins or big losses. They could be playing Golden State or Denver and they will blow a 10 point lead or make a 10 point comeback. It's crazy. They are so consistent at being inconsistent it sickens me. I can see them turning it on later this season tho because they are clearly sleep walking at this point. Don't mistake that last sentence with I think they will turn it on. I think they could. The talent is there and the pieces should fit together better than they have.

Saddletramp
12-23-2015, 05:08 AM
What happened to Clippersfan86? He's said he was moving to Washington state but that was months ago. Not trying to rub the Clippers average-ness in (heck, even if I got off on that sort of thing I'm a Rockets fan and they're just as disappointing) but I'd like to know his thoughts on this season.

FriedTofuz
12-23-2015, 05:22 AM
OP took all the reasons out of my mouth. They're extremely overrated, Doc Needs to go.

KnicksorBust
12-23-2015, 08:59 AM

:laugh: That was good.

Scoots
12-23-2015, 11:47 AM
I don't hate anyone let alone a team.

But the list of teams I dislike looks like this:
1. Clippers

That's it. :)

Doc teaching flopping and complaining is the thing that bugs me most. I want the NBA to do away with those things and they could if they wanted while Doc seeks to take advantage of it (which I understand).

Off the court I really like Blake.

CP3s game is incredible particularly considering he's 5'8" :)

I love JJs shooting and hustle (however people saying he's a great defender are nuts)

DJ isn't nearly as good as his fans (or his coach) think he is. And he deserves more grief for this offseason.

I was delighted when Sterling was kicked out of the NBA because HE was the real reason to dislike the Clippers for so long. Sterling was the embodiment of the Clippers Curse.

I was also delighted when the Clippers named Doc the GM as the results we see before us were predictable.

Scoots
12-23-2015, 11:53 AM
Hehe ... youtube and vine are full of clips of the Clips and most of them are negative.

https://vine.co/v/O0eVIWJTTlZ

https://vine.co/v/eZ6qWYVYEVq

ewing
12-23-2015, 12:05 PM

I thought my girl really hated Dic turns out it was just me :(

xbrackattackx
12-23-2015, 01:35 PM

You know what they say about dyslexic girls.....they suck a good kcoc.

xbrackattackx
12-23-2015, 01:36 PM
What happened to Clippersfan86? He's said he was moving to Washington state but that was months ago. Not trying to rub the Clippers average-ness in (heck, even if I got off on that sort of thing I'm a Rockets fan and they're just as disappointing) but I'd like to know his thoughts on this season.

He changed his name its warriorsfan86 now.

nycericanguy
12-23-2015, 01:58 PM
i hate them b/c Blake is nothing but a HS bully!

but seriously DOC has really messed that team up... they were stacked at one point and now Doc just keeps bringing in washed up "stars"

Chronz
12-23-2015, 02:41 PM
Clips dont flop anymore than the rest of the league, thats just an outdated cliche at this point. They hate the Clips because they are an easy target given they've been contenders who failed to reach the summit even though they've lost to superior teams.

Scoots
12-23-2015, 03:08 PM
Clips dont flop anymore than the rest of the league, thats just an outdated cliche at this point. They hate the Clips because they are an easy target given they've been contenders who failed to reach the summit even though they've lost to superior teams.

I'm not sure the Rockets were a superior team ... they just had a superior finish to that series.

I don't know that the Clippers are the top flopping team in the NBA but they are certainly not the least flopping team by a long shot ... and that kind of reputation sticks with you as long as the worst offenders are still on the team.

tredigs
12-23-2015, 03:28 PM
I don't see them flop any more than your average team, though CP3 has a few tricks up his sleeve that are questionable at times. Personally, I don't like the Clippers because while they used to be my favorite non Warrior squad to watch since CP3 joined, the INCESSANT complaining has made them unwatchable for me unless I have money on the game. From the coach down, it's unbearable to me.

DanG
12-23-2015, 03:47 PM
I don't hate the clips, but I do dislike them for a couple of reasons:

I'm not into CP3's little tricks that end up being dirty. Also, I think he flops and whines way too much.

They choke alot, I would have enjoyed a GSW-SAS conference finals last year way more.

Austin Rivers - Doesn't know his limits, overconfident. Some got way too excited about him when he had a few good games against the Spurs last year. I think he has no game and is overrated.

DeAndre Jordan - Parties with opponents after losses lmao.

They have owned the Lakers for the past few years.

Chronz
12-23-2015, 03:51 PM
I'm not sure the Rockets were a superior team ... they just had a superior finish to that series.

I don't know that the Clippers are the top flopping team in the NBA but they are certainly not the least flopping team by a long shot ... and that kind of reputation sticks with you as long as the worst offenders are still on the team.
CP3 was hampered and unable to play the first two games, which put great strain on Blake (it's why he was begging cp3 to play hurt) and you have to not watch much clips to not notice how differently Blake defended . these dudes were out of gas by this point, they only had like 5 or 6 NBA caliber players. Rockets got a healthy Dwight back and had hca, they were missing a few reserves but they were far better equipped to handle that as their depth was superior (hence how they survived without Dwight last year) Dwight was the mvp of the series

I also disagree with your opinion on flopping. Sounds very hyperbolic

Saddletramp
12-23-2015, 04:40 PM
The Rockets played them on Saturday night and a few calls got changed because Doc yelled at the refs to change the call. It was as if the refs were scared of going against him.

Scoots
12-23-2015, 05:18 PM
CP3 was hampered and unable to play the first two games, which put great strain on Blake (it's why he was begging cp3 to play hurt) and you have to not watch much clips to not notice how differently Blake defended . these dudes were out of gas by this point, they only had like 5 or 6 NBA caliber players. Rockets got a healthy Dwight back and had hca, they were missing a few reserves but they were far better equipped to handle that as their depth was superior (hence how they survived without Dwight last year) Dwight was the mvp of the series

I also disagree with your opinion on flopping. Sounds very hyperbolic

The Rockets played bad early and often and are showing this year that they were and are a very flawed team. They were not better than the Clippers, they just outlasted them.

On the flopping ... I didn't use hyperbole. The Clippers have a reputation for flopping and that is staying alive because the prime actors are still there. They are maybe not the top flopping team, but they are not the least flopping team either. Where is the hyperbole?

Chronz
12-23-2015, 11:20 PM
The Rockets played bad early and often and are showing this year that they were and are a very flawed team. They were not better than the Clippers, they just outlasted them.

On the flopping ... I didn't use hyperbole. The Clippers have a reputation for flopping and that is staying alive because the prime actors are still there. They are maybe not the top flopping team, but they are not the least flopping team either. Where is the hyperbole?

If theyre showing that this year, so are we. They were better than the Clippers, entirely due to depth and health. Im not seeing your point here since we suffered an injury to our best player (the one that hit the GW against the biggest threat to the eventual Champs)

You said "BY FAR", unless you have something quantifiable, you're not stating facts. Like the NBA has stats on missed calls for and against, the Clips are among the lowest in the league. They dont complain without reason, its because they are not being favored for legitimate plays.

Scoots
12-24-2015, 11:22 PM
If theyre showing that this year, so are we. They were better than the Clippers, entirely due to depth and health. Im not seeing your point here since we suffered an injury to our best player (the one that hit the GW against the biggest threat to the eventual Champs)

You said "BY FAR", unless you have something quantifiable, you're not stating facts. Like the NBA has stats on missed calls for and against, the Clips are among the lowest in the league. They dont complain without reason, its because they are not being favored for legitimate plays.

I didn't say "BY FAR" ... at least not that I can find. I can see the games and see Clippers players exaggerate contact. That's flopping regardless of whether they get the call or not. I'm not saying the Clippers flop more than all other teams, I'm just saying that they are not close to the least flopping team either (to me not-close means they are not in the bottom 5 or so of the league in flops).

It's funny, I said the Clippers were better than the Rockets and that they don't flop as much as they used to ... both compliments ... and I have to defend myself to a Clippers fan.

Chronz
12-25-2015, 11:11 PM
I didn't say "BY FAR" ... at least not that I can find. I can see the games and see Clippers players exaggerate contact. That's flopping regardless of whether they get the call or not. I'm not saying the Clippers flop more than all other teams, I'm just saying that they are not close to the least flopping team either (to me not-close means they are not in the bottom 5 or so of the league in flops).

It's funny, I said the Clippers were better than the Rockets and that they don't flop as much as they used to ... both compliments ... and I have to defend myself to a Clippers fan.

By far and long shot are hyperbolic without objective evidence to qualify them. I see lots of teams flop, I have no way of knowing where they rank but apparently you can identify tiers... Somehow.
I applaud you taking a stance on something so hard to actually pin point but Again, agree to disagree.

Sort of backhanded compliment but I'm an NBA fan before being a clips fan

Wade n Fade
12-26-2015, 01:12 AM
I don't hate the Clippers at all. A lot of folks dislike the flopping though. If people don't like the guys that oversell calls, then they ought not to like James Harden, LeBron, or even down the list to the Tyreke Evans of the world.

rhino17
12-26-2015, 01:33 AM
I actually really like a lot of the Clippers. I'm a huge Blake fan in particular

But Doc (my least favorite coach) and Paul (My least favorite player) just happen to on their team. My hatred for those 2 alone make me really dislike the team.

Gander13SM
12-26-2015, 07:52 AM
I don't hate them but there are a few things I dislike about them;

- They're very arrogant for a team that's never escaped the second round.

- Doc is horribly overrated. Decent coach. Not great at evaluating talent.

- CP3 is dirty as hell.

- They complain to the refs more than any other team.

- They flop a bunch. Still do. It's improved but they still flop a lot.

I really like watching lot of their players play, Crawford, Redick, Griffin mostly. But the other nonsense makes it difficult sometimes.

I don't hate them at all though. But I can understand why other people might, especially fans of a rival.

Kyben36
12-27-2015, 04:05 AM
hollywood as h***. i mean, do i really have to watch comercials between my games with Chris paul, Blake Griffin, and now even Deandre Jordan, next you will tell me even JJ Reddick gets his own comercials. also, i think they are highly over rated, especially blake and Jordan, who are really exposed because of their ability to dunk and get on highight films, but deandre cant hit beyond 5 feet, and cant hit a FT. and Griffin has all the tallent in the world, but he is soooo sloppy when i watch him play. his game should be so much better for his skill. no way they ever win a championship with that roster IMO, but hey, never thought the Wariors would either, and i was wrong there.

JLynn943
12-27-2015, 06:52 AM
I hate them mostly because of Chris Paul. He flops, whines, and plays dirty incessantly, but we're supposed to worship him and pretend he's an admirable person and player. I also remember him taunting the Kings bench like a tool when the Kings were garbage but played the clippers hard. I love how much Cousins hates him and isn't afraid to tell it like it is with him.

Also, Doc is overrated and got his legacy bailed out with the big three, and Deandre Jordan's antics this off-season were immature and unprofessional.

I like Blake though. And I like Crawford a lot. They just get overshadowed by how much I can't stand Chris Paul.

Edit: I forgot about Paul Pierce, too. Can't stand him either. Another major crybaby.

Saddletramp
12-27-2015, 03:52 PM
I hate them mostly because of Chris Paul. He flops, whines, and plays dirty incessantly, but we're supposed to worship him and pretend he's an admirable person and player. I also remember him taunting the Kings bench like a tool when the Kings were garbage but played the clippers hard. I love how much Cousins hates him and isn't afraid to tell it like it is with him.

Also, Doc is overrated and got his legacy bailed out with the big three, and Deandre Jordan's antics this off-season were immature and unprofessional.

I like Blake though. And I like Crawford a lot. They just get overshadowed by how much I can't stand Chris Paul.

Edit: I forgot about Paul Pierce, too. Can't stand him either. Another major crybaby.

It's almost like I wrote this. Spot on. I remember going back to his New Orlesns days, he'd have that scowl on his face like he was ready to throw down after he'd get fouled. I remember one game in particular Kyle Lowery and he would go at it pretty hard and Paul would play real dirty and not get many foul calls while Lowery, not being a star, would. And Paul would just mean mug him every chance he got.

Also, Austin Rivers hacked-a-Harden last game under the Clippers basket after a missed Clippers free throw. I lol'ed, rewound it, and lol'ed again.

Scoots
12-27-2015, 06:06 PM
By far and long shot are hyperbolic without objective evidence to qualify them. I see lots of teams flop, I have no way of knowing where they rank but apparently you can identify tiers... Somehow.
I applaud you taking a stance on something so hard to actually pin point but Again, agree to disagree.

Sort of backhanded compliment but I'm an NBA fan before being a clips fan

So I was hyperbolic by saying the Clippers were not extreme? I don't think the definition fits your use.

Chronz
12-28-2015, 01:10 AM
So I was hyperbolic by saying the Clippers were not extreme? I don't think the definition fits your use.

You said they werent even close to being among the lowest flop violators, I disagreed because it reeks of hyperbole. When there are no measures (and the measures we do have show the Clips to be the least favored), I really see no reason to apply such conviction but again, we can agree to disagree so long as both of us knows there are no objective truths here, pure speculation.

Scoots
12-28-2015, 11:53 AM
You said they werent even close to being among the lowest flop violators, I disagreed because it reeks of hyperbole. When there are no measures (and the measures we do have show the Clips to be the least favored), I really see no reason to apply such conviction but again, we can agree to disagree so long as both of us knows there are no objective truths here, pure speculation.

So by saying they were not at either extreme is hyperbole. Okay, we can agree to disagree.

BTW, I would LOVE the NBA to keep stats on exaggerating contact ... but I know they never will.

Crackadalic
12-28-2015, 01:27 PM
I don't hate them. Just disappointed they are not in the finals like I thought they would the last two years

They have underperform

Chronz
12-28-2015, 02:48 PM
So by saying they were not at either extreme is hyperbole. Okay, we can agree to disagree.

BTW, I would LOVE the NBA to keep stats on exaggerating contact ... but I know they never will.

LOL, cmon man. This is what you said:

I don't know that the Clippers are the top flopping team in the NBA but they are certainly not the least flopping team by a long shot ...

Its the conviction on something so unknowable (and something that goes against what lil data we actually have on the matter) that makes it hyperbole. Its an exaggeration because they very well could be among the least flopping teams, according to the reports they get the short end of the stick more often than most teams. These guys are whining because they are in fact getting hacked, Blake got kicked out of a game for getting fed up with the lack of respect (even when the NBA admits hes right they throw him out). So yes, we can agree to disagree, but its still hyperbole, as in not meant to be taken literally.

BTW, they do keep stats during close games, they review correct non-calls, correct calls, incorrect non-calls and incorrect calls. If the contact is exaggerated they examine it as best they can and do their best to rectify the issue with the refs. Its really not that much of an issue, and this coming from a fan of a team that gets the short end of the stick.

Chronz
12-28-2015, 02:56 PM
I don't hate them. Just disappointed they are not in the finals like I thought they would the last two years

They have underperform

They've actually overachieved.

blahblahyoutoo
12-28-2015, 04:08 PM
feel exactly the same way you do about CP3.
and he's also overrated.

blake griffin also flops and whines so he's on my **** list too.

crawford is a kool kat. i like him.

JAZZNC
12-28-2015, 04:11 PM
When exactly have they ever overachieved? I don't recall one instance when they went beyond what was expected.

Chronz
12-28-2015, 05:03 PM
When exactly have they ever overachieved? I don't recall one instance when they went beyond what was expected.
When exactly have they not, I cant recall one instance where they went beneath what was expected. See how funny that line works, projections without rationale mean nothing.

Chronz
12-28-2015, 05:06 PM

Yeah, if only he could be as admirable as the great sportsman Cousins is. Dude never flops, whines or plays dirty and hes definitely proven more throughout his career both individually and with his leadership.

Cant believe you guys like Crawford, must be a thing for overrated chuckers/cancers

Gander13SM
12-28-2015, 05:19 PM
Yeah, if only he could be as admirable as the great sportsman Cousins is. Dude never flops, whines or plays dirty and hes definitely proven more throughout his career both individually and with his leadership.

Cant believe you guys like Crawford, must be a thing for overrated chuckers/cancers

Say what you want. Crawford is a baller. In every sense.

He just gets buckets. Very entertaining to watch, best ball handler in the league for years. I think part of people liking him might be because he's got a style that probably reminds people of someone they played with back in the day. Just much much better.

shep33
12-28-2015, 05:22 PM
I'm a lakers fan, I dislike every other team including them. From a basketball standpoint they upset me because they've underachieved.

I don't get why they are so crappy defensively.

JAZZNC
12-28-2015, 05:53 PM
When exactly have they not, I cant recall one instance where they went beneath what was expected. See how funny that line works, projections without rationale mean nothing.

Then by your line of thinking they have never overachieved which is exactly what you stated they have done. I was simply asking for an example of when they had ever done more than expected and you just tried to turn it around on me and completely avoided the question. I realize you are never wrong but I'm just trying to understand what you mean by saying they overachieved.

Chronz
12-28-2015, 06:01 PM

He just gets buckets. Very entertaining to watch, best ball handler in the league for years. I think part of people liking him might be because he's got a style that probably reminds people of someone they played with back in the day. Just much much better.

He USED to be that guy, even back then he was usually the guy who stopped getting buckets come playoff time, I dont find that entertaining to watch. Brick after brick with shoddy defense isn't my style.

Chronz
12-28-2015, 06:09 PM
Then by your line of thinking they have never overachieved which is exactly what you stated they have done. I was simply asking for an example of when they had ever done more than expected and you just tried to turn it around on me and completely avoided the question. I realize you are never wrong but I'm just trying to understand what you mean by saying they overachieved.
Exactly. I was disagreeing with the guy I quoted, in hopes of getting that same example you seek. I've written on this before, once I see the argument at hand, then I will put forth equal effort. If all we have are unsubstantiated opinions then I can provide them as well.

As for your example, EVERY YEAR for the past 4. The West is no picnic man, this is the only year I can say they've underachieved but its early and it could be a product of decline (tho CP3 appears to have shaken off his latest injuries)

Gander13SM
12-28-2015, 06:15 PM
He USED to be that guy, even back then he was usually the guy who stopped getting buckets come playoff time, I dont find that entertaining to watch. Brick after brick with shoddy defense isn't my style.

Yeah I mean he used to be. Just like Kobe used to be a different guy or Dirk etc... doesn't mean we stop enjoying them now because they suck.

JLynn943
12-28-2015, 06:24 PM

It's not like I like that Cousins complains and flops, but he doesn't do it nearly as much as Paul does. Moreover, no one tries to glorify Cousins as some great and admirable person (even though he does a ton in the community) like there is with Paul. The nba and media shove that narrative down our throats every day.

Chronz
12-28-2015, 06:43 PM
Yeah I mean he used to be. Just like Kobe used to be a different guy or Dirk etc... doesn't mean we stop enjoying them now because they suck.

It doesn't? (Dirk doesn't suck btw) I dont hate JC, I really only hate Austin Rivers.

I mean, I enjoyed watching JC too, unless it was the playoffs but I never admired him above clearly superior players/leaders. Maybe its a playstyle thing but everyone has their faults and I find these guys all enjoyable in their own ways, even Kobe.

Chronz
12-28-2015, 06:46 PM
It's not like I like that Cousins complains and flops, but he doesn't do it nearly as much as Paul does. Moreover, no one tries to glorify Cousins as some great and admirable person (even though he does a ton in the community) like there is with Paul. The nba and media shove that narrative down our throats every day.

Hyperbole galore, disagree with that interpretation. Not sure what you mean by shoving it down our throats (seriously wat?, its not just the NBA who markets him, maybe hes just far more marketable) but CP3 has done alot for several communities (remember Katrina) so thats just a throwaway statement. He is also an important figure in the PA whereas Cousins is so disgusting as a human being that he forces his beliefs/hatred upon his teammates. Im glad Collison doesn't fall for his ****.

JLynn943
12-28-2015, 07:18 PM
Hyperbole galore, disagree with that interpretation. Not sure what you mean by shoving it down our throats (seriously wat?, its not just the NBA who markets him, maybe hes just far more marketable) but CP3 has done alot for several communities (remember Katrina) so thats just a throwaway statement. He is also an important figure in the PA whereas Cousins is so disgusting as a human being that he forces his beliefs/hatred upon his teammates. Im glad Collison doesn't fall for his ****.
You complain about hyperbole (which, really, I had none of or very minimal) and come back with that garbage. The Cousins comments are absurd.

Chronz
12-28-2015, 09:18 PM
You complain about hyperbole (which, really, I had none of or very minimal) and come back with that garbage. The Cousins comments are absurd.

Sorry but it is hyperbole unless you have ACTUAL facts/data behind your unsubstantiated opinion.

Cousins comments ARE absurd, its part of why hes such a disgusting loser. Really, forcing your teammate to stoop to your level is something CP3 has NEVER done. At least when CP3 goes sour he doesn't force you to stoop to his level.

JLynn943
12-28-2015, 09:24 PM
Sorry but it is hyperbole unless you have ACTUAL facts/data behind your unsubstantiated opinion.

Cousins comments ARE absurd, its part of why hes such a disgusting loser. Really, forcing your teammate to stoop to your level is something CP3 has NEVER done. At least when CP3 goes sour he doesn't force you to stoop to his level.
Hyperbole is exaggeration. I'm not exaggerating whatsoever. Anyone who watches Chris Paul should be able to tell that.

Disgusting loser? Lol, whatever. You obviously don't follow anything about him other than national stories. Are you upset about the handshake thing still? That's after a "disgusting" display by Paul, who deserves no respect. I loved that and I love every time Cousins calls out Paul for the flopping trash he is.

Chronz
12-28-2015, 09:39 PM
Hyperbole is exaggeration. I'm not exaggerating whatsoever. Anyone who watches Chris Paul should be able to tell that.

Disgusting loser? Lol, whatever. You obviously don't follow anything about him other than national stories. Are you upset about the handshake thing still? That's after a "disgusting" display by Paul, who deserves no respect. I loved that and I love every time Cousins calls out Paul for the flopping trash he is.

Cute. You think watching 1 player makes it evident. Its actually when you have a thorough basis for comparison that you can stop exaggerating. Feel free to amend your statement but the fact that this is how you argue your viewpoint screams of hyperbole.

Yes its disgusting, preventing your own teammate from displaying the respect you lack is beyond pathetic. I dont care if I hate someone or not, Im not gonna force my beliefs on you and its something his other teammates have refused to buy into. LOL, keep thinking I dont watch a team within my own state and that I dont have LP in this day and age. Disgusting = poor sportmanship, loser = fact of his teams success. And I have really low standards for what constitutes a loser but when your career has been as sad as his, you know you have to have the absolutely perfect environment for him to even experience a modicum of success. Im not alone in this opinion, maybe its gone national for a reason but my experience far from limited to that.

JLynn943
12-28-2015, 09:52 PM
Cute. You think watching 1 player makes it evident. Its actually when you have a thorough basis for comparison that you can stop exaggerating. Feel free to amend your statement but the fact that this is how you argue your viewpoint screams of hyperbole.

Yes its disgusting, preventing your own teammate from displaying the respect you lack is beyond pathetic. I dont care if I hate someone or not, Im not gonna force my beliefs on you and its something his other teammates have refused to buy into. LOL, keep thinking I dont watch a team within my own state and that I dont have LP in this day and age. Disgusting = poor sportmanship, loser = fact of his teams success. And I have really low standards for what constitutes a loser but when your career has been as sad as his, you know you have to have the absolutely perfect environment for him to even experience a modicum of success. Im not alone in this opinion, maybe its gone national for a reason but my experience far from limited to that.
All you have to do is watch Chris Paul to see that he plays dirty, cries, and flops a lot. If you watch him and compare him to the rest of the league, he's very obviously at or among the top

Chris Paul has disrespected the entire Kings team in the past. He deserves no respect whatsoever from the team in return. I completely understand why Cousins feels the way he does and why he disrupted the handshake.

His lack of success obviously has a lot to do with the ownership issues, terrible drafting, and terrible coaches we've had (surely you remember what that's like if you've been a Clippers fan more than a few years). He's part of it, but a much less significant part. Then again, I don't expect you ever to use your head or say anything logical/reasonable. That's just not in your track record.

blahblahyoutoo
12-28-2015, 09:57 PM

he's also not cocky, doesn't showboat or flop.

D-Leethal
12-28-2015, 10:03 PM
You should probably read about some of Cousins deeds off the court before calling him "disgusting" for pulling a teammate away from dapping with CP3. Chronz comes to the defense of Chris Paul like someone just called his daughter fat.

JLynn943
12-28-2015, 10:19 PM
You should probably read about some of Cousins deeds off the court before calling him "disgusting" for pulling a teammate away from dapping with CP3. Chronz comes to the defense of Chris Paul like someone just called his daughter fat.

It's typical Chronz.

Chronz
12-29-2015, 01:47 AM
All you have to do is watch Chris Paul to see that he plays dirty, cries, and flops a lot. If you watch him and compare him to the rest of the league, he's very obviously at or among the top

Chris Paul has disrespected the entire Kings team in the past. He deserves no respect whatsoever from the team in return. I completely understand why Cousins feels the way he does and why he disrupted the handshake.

His lack of success obviously has a lot to do with the ownership issues, terrible drafting, and terrible coaches we've had (surely you remember what that's like if you've been a Clippers fan more than a few years). He's part of it, but a much less significant part. Then again, I don't expect you ever to use your head or say anything logical/reasonable. That's just not in your track record.

Good on you for amending your initially flawed argument (As expected), now we can actually agree to disagree. Right on cue, I see that Cousins gets kicked out.

CP3 has shown respect to Kings players, only to see Cousins prevent his teammate from doing the same. There is no greater sign of immaturity.

LOL yes, I remember what it was like, that was BEFORE we got an actual leader, thats kind of my point here. And yes, Cousins has gone through his fair share of turmoil, but again, Im not expecting much here, hes fallen short of even the slightest of expectations. LOL, not in my track record? LMFAO, I remember when a Kings fan (maybe it was you) expressed his joy in my approving a move by the Kings. Keep thinking Im the one being illogical, Ill keep laughing at you predictably amending your initially flawed argument the way I suggested you should.

Chronz
12-29-2015, 01:50 AM
he's also not cocky, doesn't showboat or flop.

LOL you fans with your purely subjective thoughts. I have to defend Crawford against his 4pt flops from a few Dubs fans but here you are saying he "doesnt" flop. Man, I love hyperbole as much as anyone but I hope we all realize how fallible these type of opinions are. Why would JC be cocky? Hes disappears perennially in the playoffs and has never been an AllStar caliber player, what would he have to be cocky about? Maybe his (self admitted) lack of work ethic ? LMFAO

Chronz
12-29-2015, 01:54 AM

Heres why you're wrong(as usual), it doesn't differentiate him, both players have done their fair share for their respective communities (As I already mentioned). You know what does differentiate you, forcing your animosity onto others who dont share your viewpoint.

JLynn943
12-29-2015, 02:03 AM
Good on you for amending your initially flawed argument (As expected), now we can actually agree to disagree. Right on cue, I see that Cousins gets kicked out.

CP3 has shown respect to Kings players, only to see Cousins prevent his teammate from doing the same. There is no greater sign of immaturity.

LOL yes, I remember what it was like, that was BEFORE we got an actual leader, thats kind of my point here. And yes, Cousins has gone through his fair share of turmoil, but again, Im not expecting much here, hes fallen short of even the slightest of expectations. LOL, not in my track record? LMFAO, I remember when a Kings fan (maybe it was you) expressed his joy in my approving a move by the Kings. Keep thinking Im the one being illogical, Ill keep laughing at you predictably amending your initially flawed argument the way I suggested you should.
My argument wasn't flawed. You just needed to use common sense. I should have known you wouldn't just for the sake of avoiding being wrong in your assertions and critique. You always pick on little things to avoid the actual conversation. Then there was the hyperbole deal that never even was. You are the one making flawed assessments. Just because you don't see it or acknowledge something doesn't mean I'm exaggerating.

Chris Paul taunting the Kings happened before the handshake incident. I believe the infamous flop running aside Cousins did, too, but I'm not sure. Paul deserves no respect. Talented player, but being a dirty, flopping, (choking) crybaby overshadows that.

I also never implied nor said Cousins is perfect and has no blame to shoulder. In fact, I said the opposite. I can actually be objective in an argument. He has a lot of growing up to do. Read my posts in the Kings forum if you don't believe me.

I can't imagine I'd ever seek your approval or agreement on anything. I may have expressed my surprise if we did agree maybe, but I certainly don't remember doing so. I could not care any less if you did as it's entirely inconsequential. It's possible you said something I agreed with (stranger things have happened), but I can't imagine I'd get anything out of it.

JLynn943
12-29-2015, 02:09 AM

Come to think of it, what were you even calling hyperbole? I said Paul flops, cries, and plays dirty a lot and said he does so more than Cousins. Where is the hyperbole? Do you even know what the word means? If you want to talk about a flawed argument, look right to your first accusation. There's no basis for it. It doesn't apply.

Gander13SM
12-29-2015, 07:24 AM
I don't mind Cousins. He has an attitude problem but everyone can see that.

What bothers me about CP3 is the fact that EVERYONE talks about Cousins crappy attitude. Nobody does that with CP3. Remember him jumping up and down screaming at DJ?

He's one of the dirtiest players in the league and no mainstream media ever calls him out on it. If Cousins had hit 4 different guys in the **** in the space of a year you best bet the media would be talking about it. Chris? Nah, he's just a crafty veteran with quick hands and slick moves.

Sorry. But CP3 bothers me more than Cousins purely because CP3 gets away with it. At least Cousins is held accountable for his actions.

Gander13SM
12-29-2015, 07:25 AM
Then again that's not CP3s fault. It's the media's. Maybe I should be holding it against them instead of Paul.

D-Leethal
12-29-2015, 08:45 AM
Heres why you're wrong(as usual), it doesn't differentiate him, both players have done their fair share for their respective communities (As I already mentioned). You know what does differentiate you, forcing your animosity onto others who dont share your viewpoint.

A guy who gives 100 underprivileged kids a shopping spree on Christmas, hosts young cancer patients on his own dime, donated $75K worth of Kings tickets to local schools, 20K for his mothers annual shopping spree for children in his hometown, pays for funerals for young gun violence victims he doesn't even know, donated 1M to charity the second he signed his first mega deal is DISGUSTING because........he told his teammate not to shake hands with CP3. LOL. Think of how ****ing sad and bitter you sound.

You've written things like LOL, LMFAO, "I'll keep laughing at you", "you're wrong as usual", "your expected flawed argument" all in your past 3 posts yet you don't force your animosity on others who don't share your viewpoint? LOL, LMFAO, we are all laughing at your cute boycrush on Cliff Paul.

This thread and your responses in it is not a good look for you, Chronz. Take the lube off your Chris Paul bobble head and walk away from the thread...

D-Leethal
12-29-2015, 08:47 AM
Neither Cousins nor Paul are disgusting people. They are both competitors who wear their hearts of their sleeves and have had questionable moments in the heat of battle. I'll take that over these hug and kiss fairies any day of the week. Clippers as a whole are easy to hate though.

D-Leethal
12-29-2015, 08:59 AM
Chronz was a Laker fan anyway. He only starting referring to the Clips as "we" when his spank bank came to LAC instead of LAL.

Scoots
12-29-2015, 10:50 AM
LOL, cmon man. This is what you said:

I don't know that the Clippers are the top flopping team in the NBA but they are certainly not the least flopping team by a long shot ...

Its the conviction on something so unknowable (and something that goes against what lil data we actually have on the matter) that makes it hyperbole. Its an exaggeration because they very well could be among the least flopping teams, according to the reports they get the short end of the stick more often than most teams. These guys are whining because they are in fact getting hacked, Blake got kicked out of a game for getting fed up with the lack of respect (even when the NBA admits hes right they throw him out). So yes, we can agree to disagree, but its still hyperbole, as in not meant to be taken literally.

BTW, they do keep stats during close games, they review correct non-calls, correct calls, incorrect non-calls and incorrect calls. If the contact is exaggerated they examine it as best they can and do their best to rectify the issue with the refs. Its really not that much of an issue, and this coming from a fan of a team that gets the short end of the stick.

Yes, I said the Clippers are not the worst nor the best in flopping. In other words they are at neither extreme. I believe they are closer to the more flopping teams than to the less flopping teams, and I have no stats to support it because exaggerated contact (flopping) is not recorded. There is nothing hyperbolic about it.

Scoots
12-29-2015, 10:59 AM
CP3 had his team refuse to share chapel with the Warriors. I have no problem with it, but no doubt it's petty, so lets not go acting like CP3 is some kind of saint.

Chronz
12-30-2015, 12:28 AM
Chronz was a Laker fan anyway. He only starting referring to the Clips as "we" when his spank bank came to LAC instead of LAL.

Ive seen you say this before, even asked you about it (at which point you went ghost), so again. PROOF?

Chronz
12-30-2015, 12:42 AM
My argument wasn't flawed. You just needed to use common sense. I should have known you wouldn't just for the sake of avoiding being wrong in your assertions and critique. You always pick on little things to avoid the actual conversation. Then there was the hyperbole deal that never even was. You are the one making flawed assessments. Just because you don't see it or acknowledge something doesn't mean I'm exaggerating.

Chris Paul taunting the Kings happened before the handshake incident. I believe the infamous flop running aside Cousins did, too, but I'm not sure. Paul deserves no respect.

Your argument lacking common sense is what made it flawed. Cliche ridden hyperbole is due to your extreme exaggeration, unless you have something more than conjecture, we'll just have to disagree... or you can continue thinking I dont watch the league (including the Kings). The infamous flop running by Cousins was to mock him for his own flopping. Also, explain how the NBA "shoved him down" your throat, never got around to qualifying that statement either(shocker).

Talented player, but being a dirty, flopping, (choking) crybaby overshadows that.
Only if your an extreme hater, like does Cousins leave a superior legacy due to you thinking he tops CP3 in those traits? LMFAO. How can something so minuscule (and subjective) overshadow his actual on court contributions and legacy? Apparently it didn't prevent him from playing a big role for the Players Association, future NBA stars or being named among the best at his position. There are plenty who wont give a **** about your allegations so I dont think it overshadows "that".

I also never implied nor said Cousins is perfect
So now your relying on straws? No **** dude, why would anyone ever imply or say anything remotely close to that?

and has no blame to shoulder. In fact, I said the opposite. I can actually be objective in an argument. He has a lot of growing up to do. Read my posts in the Kings forum if you don't believe me.

I believe you, his flaws didn't prevent me from defending Cousins either.

I can't imagine I'd ever seek your approval or agreement on anything. I may have expressed my surprise if we did agree maybe, but I certainly don't remember doing so. I could not care any less if you did as it's entirely inconsequential. It's possible you said something I agreed with (stranger things have happened), but I can't imagine I'd get anything out of it.
Then it wasn't you, but its not inconsequential because I feel you guys were the ones to try to take this beyond the scope of the debate by belittling my reputation and objectivity. I dont bring it up if you stay on subject

Chronz
12-30-2015, 12:47 AM
A guy who gives 100 underprivileged kids a shopping spree on Christmas, hosts young cancer patients on his own dime, donated $75K worth of Kings tickets to local schools, 20K for his mothers annual shopping spree for children in his hometown, pays for funerals for young gun violence victims he doesn't even know, donated 1M to charity the second he signed his first mega deal is DISGUSTING because........he told his teammate not to shake hands with CP3. LOL. Think of how ****ing sad and bitter you sound.
We are comparing 2 individuals who have done their fair share for charity, it doesn't prevent the animosity towards 1 player. We are arguing under those parameters, what he did was disgusting.

You've written things like LOL, LMFAO, "I'll keep laughing at you", "you're wrong as usual", "your expected flawed argument" all in your past 3 posts yet you don't force your animosity on others who don't share your viewpoint? LOL, LMFAO, we are all laughing at your cute boycrush on Cliff Paul.

This thread and your responses in it is not a good look for you, Chronz. Take the lube off your Chris Paul bobble head and walk away from the thread...

You're not getting it. Im not forcing anyone to agree with me, thus my ideals are my own.
I would be forcing my ideals on others had I had the ability to delete your post instead of responding to it myself.

Chronz
12-30-2015, 12:49 AM
Yes, I said the Clippers are not the worst nor the best in flopping. In other words they are at neither extreme. I believe they are closer to the more flopping teams than to the less flopping teams, and I have no stats to support it because exaggerated contact (flopping) is not recorded. There is nothing hyperbolic about it.
That you have nothing to support it (and wat little evidence we have to support it go against your claims) yet use terms like "by a longshot" is what makes it hyperbolic. When something is so subjective and you have nothing to support it, you cant blame someone for not buying your exaggeration.

Just to be clear tho, you think they are middle of the pack (closer to higher flopping teams) but they are a far cry from being among the least. In essence, you think there is a large gap between the medium and the extreme?

Chronz
12-30-2015, 12:53 AM
Neither Cousins nor Paul are disgusting people. They are both competitors who wear their hearts of their sleeves and have had questionable moments in the heat of battle. I'll take that over these hug and kiss fairies any day of the week. Clippers as a whole are easy to hate though.
Notice how you only showed up once I started defending my guy, yet said nothing when the fan of someone with just as many character flaws was bashing CP3.

I dont know these guys personally, when I blast them its with the same respect that they are blasting CP3. You took things out of context by jumping into a conversation without any semblance of understanding.

Chronz
12-30-2015, 12:59 AM
CP3 had his team refuse to share chapel with the Warriors. I have no problem with it, but no doubt it's petty, so lets not go acting like CP3 is some kind of saint.

Whos acting like hes a saint? Also, can you link me to your allegation about CP3 being the one to do that? I always assumed that was a team wide agreement based on the bad blood between the 2 teams, I believe that started when the Warriors were mocking Blake for a desperation 3 that didn't come close (that was pretty petty too, not sure why people really give a ****).

JLynn943
12-30-2015, 02:27 AM
Your argument lacking common sense is what made it flawed. Cliche ridden hyperbole is due to your extreme exaggeration, unless you have something more than conjecture, we'll just have to disagree... or you can continue thinking I dont watch the league (including the Kings). The infamous flop running by Cousins was to mock him for his own flopping. Also, explain how the NBA "shoved him down" your throat, never got around to qualifying that statement either(shocker).

My argument did not and does not lack common sense whatsoever. Again, please show me this extreme exaggeration. You read things that aren't there and make arguments based on those things so as to avoid what is actually at hand. I've had long arguments with you before based almost entirely on your lack of reading comprehension and knowledge of the words you are using.

How is he shoved down our throats? Commercials/media segments and announcer/commentator worship (about more than just his game - as I said, his game isn't the issue) are the biggest things. If you don't think the NBA has input into his media stardom, then I've got some oceanfront property in Kansas you'd be interested in. Regardless, it doesn't matter what entity is doing it - just that it's being done. Silly me expecting you to get that.

Only if your an extreme hater, like does Cousins leave a superior legacy due to you thinking he tops CP3 in those traits? LMFAO. How can something so minuscule (and subjective) overshadow his actual on court contributions and legacy? Apparently it didn't prevent him from playing a big role for the Players Association, future NBA stars or being named among the best at his position. There are plenty who wont give a **** about your allegations so I dont think it overshadows "that".

Strawman, strawman, strawman. Please, tell me where I said these things. Pretending I say things and arguing against me saying them (when I didn't) is a waste of time for both of us and just serves to make you look bad. This is a thread about whether or not we hate the Clippers and why. Obviously the flopping, crying, and dirty play (yes, subjective things, good job!) overshadows his play in my opinion of him. Does everything really need to be spelled out so explicitly for you? Do you not understand context at all?

And what is this legacy BS? Where did that come from? Meaningless. In no way do I think Cousins' legacy is greater at this point, nor do I expect my opinion of Paul to influence other people's opinions of his legacy. Only a fool would think their opinion is that important. I don't know why you're even talking about it as I said nothing of the like.

So now your relying on straws? No **** dude, why would anyone ever imply or say anything remotely close to that?
Irony.

I believe you, his flaws didn't prevent me from defending Cousins either.

Not sure what you're even saying here, but sure.

Then it wasn't you, but its not inconsequential because I feel you guys were the ones to try to take this beyond the scope of the debate by belittling my reputation and objectivity. I dont bring it up if you stay on subject

I said that your approval or agreement is inconsequential. If you honestly think otherwise, you have a very inflated sense of self-importance. It doesn't alter anyone's opinions. I only bring up your objectivity and reputation in debates because you are obviously not being objective with your constant nitpicking and warping of statements, attacking other players and posters to deflect criticism, and because I've dealt with the same thing in several threads over the years with you.

I'm not trying to be personal. I know you've got solid basketball knowledge. You just do this regularly.

Scoots
12-30-2015, 12:16 PM
That you have nothing to support it (and wat little evidence we have to support it go against your claims) yet use terms like "by a longshot" is what makes it hyperbolic. When something is so subjective and you have nothing to support it, you cant blame someone for not buying your exaggeration.

Just to be clear tho, you think they are middle of the pack (closer to higher flopping teams) but they are a far cry from being among the least. In essence, you think there is a large gap between the medium and the extreme?

It's still not hyperbole. Do YOU think the Clippers are the least flopping team in the NBA? Do you have any stats that actually support your claim?

Scoots
12-30-2015, 12:19 PM
Whos acting like hes a saint? Also, can you link me to your allegation about CP3 being the one to do that? I always assumed that was a team wide agreement based on the bad blood between the 2 teams, I believe that started when the Warriors were mocking Blake for a desperation 3 that didn't come close (that was pretty petty too, not sure why people really give a ****).

I said "let's NOT go acting like he's a saint" ... I did not say anyone was acting like he's a saint.

Can't link it, IIRC it came from a radio interview with one of the Clippers radio guys before the next Warriors Clippers game after the incident.

I never said the Warriors weren't petty during a game. When it suits their purpose Bogut and Green are absolutely interested in getting in someone's head.

Scoots
01-08-2016, 06:11 PM
I'm really surprised 3 days later nobody is talking about Doc not allowing CJ to play for the Blazers.

Luke Walton and Steve Kerr both said they'd have let him play ... but they both admitted that if their record was Doc's record they may think different :)

It's not like Portland is much of a competitor, and it's not like the Clippers are at risk of missing the playoffs.

It's not major to me, but it's one more thing to hate about the Clippers.

After the final buzzer, as the teams separated to go to their respective locker rooms, Rivers gazed across the court, shrugged his shoulders and pointed at McCollum, flashing a large "I gotcha" smile.

McCollum caught Rivers' reaction and glared back

Redrum187
01-08-2016, 07:28 PM
I'm really surprised 3 days later nobody is talking about Doc not allowing CJ to play for the Blazers.

Luke Walton and Steve Kerr both said they'd have let him play ... but they both admitted that if their record was Doc's record they may think different :)

It's not like Portland is much of a competitor, and it's not like the Clippers are at risk of missing the playoffs.

Wow! I never heard about that. Had Doc approved, the league would have let CJ play?

Scoots
01-08-2016, 09:05 PM
Wow! I never heard about that. Had Doc approved, the league would have let CJ play?
Yep

Chronz
01-08-2016, 09:19 PM

Prolly cuz when the tables were turned, they didn't allow the clips..even if he was allowed to play, clips could've issued a complaint. Its in the rule book

Scoots
01-08-2016, 09:22 PM
Clips were given the choice ... They couldn't complain after giving permission

Chronz
01-08-2016, 09:38 PM
Clips were given the choice ... They couldn't complain after giving permission
Not from what I've heard.

Scoots
01-08-2016, 09:51 PM
Not from what I've heard.
You heard that if doc let cj play then doc could protest the game? Thats nuts

Chronz
01-08-2016, 10:49 PM

Sounds nuts but apparently its perfectly legal.

LOb0
01-09-2016, 12:40 AM

He could protest but it would be emphatically denied if he allowed it. The only successful protest in the last like 30 years or something was that Miami game were Shaq was fouled out with 5 fouls. They replayed the last few minutes of the game. It was very strange considering Shaq was no longer even on the team.