PDA

View Full Version : Kobe Bryant lists the top five players he has faced is his career(leaves off Duncan)

Longhornfan1234
12-21-2015, 10:32 PM
Top five players Kobe says he has faced: Olajuwon, MJ, Kevin Durant, LeBron James, Clyde Drexler.

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/post/_/id/14417395/kobe-bryant-lists-top-five-players-faced-career

Interesting that he added Drexler.

Sofnr
12-21-2015, 11:19 PM
lol. Are we supposed to be mad that he left off Duncan? Seems like kind of a bait thread. It's his opinion and those are some pretty great players.

mightybosstone
12-21-2015, 11:20 PM
Two Rockets players. Sounds like a solid list to me. :nod:

JAZZNC
12-21-2015, 11:25 PM
Wow, Clyde Drexler and no Duncan. Kobe is just pissed Duncan is better than him haha!

valade16
12-21-2015, 11:31 PM
Hakeem and Olajuwon were both 34 Kobe's rookie year. That was the last year Hakeem made an All-Star game and Clyde only played 2 more seasons before retiring.

They must have been damn good players to make his list at the end of their careers.

That being said, Clyde generally gets underrated on this site but he was a great player. No Shaq or Duncan is very surprising.

jerellh528
12-21-2015, 11:32 PM
The (leaves off Duncan) part is really pretty unnecessary. Anyways, drexler is an interesting choice, he only played against him like what, a season or two? Must've left a large impression on young Bryant. Nice to see a young lad like durant on kobes top 5 toughest opponents or whatever the list is supposed to be.

Pakman
12-21-2015, 11:35 PM
Wow, Clyde Drexler and no Duncan. Kobe is just pissed Duncan is better than him haha!
Going by the name of you username, I can understand why u don't like kobe. [emoji23]

WaDe03
12-21-2015, 11:49 PM
No Wade? I'm 😴

mightybosstone
12-21-2015, 11:52 PM
No Wade? I'm 😴

I actually think leaving Wade off the list is nearly as big of a dis as Duncan. Four of the five players he listed were wing players, but he leaves off Wade in favor of Drexler and KD?

Then again, I always think people read way too much into comments like this. If you asked him the same question a year from now, he probably comes up with a different answer entirely.

flea
12-21-2015, 11:59 PM
Drexler was better than Wade, and both Kobe and Shaq are jealous/miffed at what Duncan accomplished (you can tell by their comments throughout the years). Still, the man is entitled to his opinion. Personally, Durant is a great offensive player but gets overrated due to the fact he can't play inside and isn't very good defensively for a guy his size.

mightybosstone
12-22-2015, 12:07 AM
Drexler was better than Wade, and both Kobe and Shaq are jealous/miffed at what Duncan accomplished (you can tell by their comments throughout the years). Still, the man is entitled to his opinion. Personally, Durant is a great offensive player but gets overrated due to the fact he can't play inside and isn't very good defensively for a guy his size.
I think if you asked most NBA analysts, they would disagree with you. I love Drexler. Hell, I'm a Rockets fan. And I still would not rank him ahead of Wade. Wade's peak is just much better than Drexler's, and he was more productive in the postseason than the Glyde was.

flea
12-22-2015, 12:13 AM
I think if you asked most NBA analysts, they would disagree with you. I love Drexler. Hell, I'm a Rockets fan. And I still would not rank him ahead of Wade. Wade's peak is just much better than Drexler's, and he was more productive in the postseason than the Glyde was.

I don't know who these "analysts" are but I've outlined it here before. Wade never had a top 10 offense (maybe once but too lazy to look it up now, watching Saints) without Lebron/Shaq. Drexler's Portland teams were virtually always in the top 10 largely on the strength of him. Drexler had a better open court game, better shooter, better off-ball player, better defender, and as good of a passer. Post game was at least as good - he's just an underrated player. IIRC he's still the alltime leader in blocks for backcourt guys.

Wade's argument begins and ends with 06 playoffs. But Drexler had just as impressive of a Finals run when he played Michael, and was a big part of the Rockets 2nd championship in the 90s. I'll take that over being the primary ballhandler for that defensive juggernaut in 06 - which never should have won vs. the Mavs anyway if Stern doesn't have it in for Cuban.

Jeffy25
12-22-2015, 12:15 AM
We know that players can be very poor talent evaluators :p

numba1CHANGsta
12-22-2015, 12:19 AM
(leaves off *insert NBA player here*)

FIXED

valade16
12-22-2015, 12:30 AM
I actually think leaving Wade off the list is nearly as big of a dis as Duncan. Four of the five players he listed were wing players, but he leaves off Wade in favor of Drexler and KD?

Then again, I always think people read way too much into comments like this. If you asked him the same question a year from now, he probably comes up with a different answer entirely.

Exactly. I know he said B-Roy was the toughest player for him to guard at one point because he was most complete offensive player in the league. I highly doubt he'd say that today.

soundjunkies2
12-22-2015, 12:30 AM
He also added that it was hard to pick just 5. So take that for what it's worth.

mightybosstone
12-22-2015, 12:40 AM
I don't know who these "analysts" are but I've outlined it here before. Wade never had a top 10 offense (maybe once but too lazy to look it up now, watching Saints) without Lebron/Shaq. Drexler's Portland teams were virtually always in the top 10 largely on the strength of him. Drexler had a better open court game, better shooter, better off-ball player, better defender, and as good of a passer. Post game was at least as good - he's just an underrated player. IIRC he's still the alltime leader in blocks for backcourt guys.
Since when does team offense justify individual performance? You want to know why Wade's teams were bad offensively without Lebron or Shaq? Because they were freaking terrible. You know who the best offensive players were around Wade the years after Shaq left? Guys like Shawn Marion, Michael Beasley, Mario freaking Chalmers and a way past his prime Jermaine O'Neal. Drexler played with guys like Terry Porter, Buck Williams and Jerome Kersey. Those were really good, really deep teams in Portland in Drexler's prime. Comparing the two is just completely ridiculous.

Wade's argument begins and ends with 06 playoffs. But Drexler had just as impressive of a Finals run when he played Michael, and was a big part of the Rockets 2nd championship in the 90s.
No he wasn't. It's not even close. If you compare their playoff stats, it's at least a contest, but let's compare their numbers in the Finals that season:

Drexler: 24.8 PPG/7.8 RPG/5.3 APG/1.3 SPG on .407/.150/.893 shooting percentages with a 52.2% TS%
Wade: 34.7 PPG/7.8 RPG/3.8 APG/2.8 SPG on on .468/.273/.773 shooting percentages with a 57.2% TS%

It's not even close. Wade won that series for Miami. Drexler arguably lost it for Portland. In the final game of that series, Drexler shot 8 of 24 for 24 points. Jordan's domination of Drexler in that series was is pretty well known by anyone who knows basketball. So to suggest that Drexler's postseason run should even be spoken in the same breath as Wade's is totally ignorant.

Also, to suggest that the '06 Finals is the only argument in favor of Wade is just blatantly disrespectful. Look at the guy's numbers. In a lot of categories, they're practically identical to Drexler, and his best season is better than anything Drexler ever accomplished.

I'll take that over being the primary ballhandler for that defensive juggernaut in 06 - which never should have won vs. the Mavs anyway if Stern doesn't have it in for Cuban.
I'm sorry, but a win is a win. Conspiracy theorists cannot change the history books.

valade16
12-22-2015, 12:51 AM
Those early 90's Blazers teams were stacked

Terry Porter
Clyde Drexler
Jerome Kersey
Buck Williams
Kevin Duckworth
Clifford Robinson (off the bench)

5/6 of those guys all made an all-star game in their careers and all 6 of them averaged 18 PPG at one point in their careers too.

They are among the best teams to never win a title.

flea
12-22-2015, 12:54 AM
Lol Wade had White Chocolate, Antoine Walker, Eddie Jones, Lamar Odom, Caron Butler, James Posey, and Ricky Davis (coming off a good season and still in prime). He had plenty of good offensive players throughout his career, especially considering Lebron/Shaq years (which was 6 years of his prime). He far and away had the better offensive cast when you consider how many prime years he played with Lebron/Shaq plus those guys I just mentioned.

Duckworth, Robinson, and Porter were fine players. Kersey too, though primarily defenisve, and Buck Williams was basically Udonis Haslem 20 years earlier and under a different set of rules. This "he needs more help" is almost always BS. In individual seasons sure, but most players unless they played for the Showtime Lakers or Auerbach Celtics had about the same talent on balance throughout their careers.

Just lol at giving Drexler's line vs. Jordan. Everyone knows Jordan owned that Finals, but look at his overall line that playoffs year and the fact he came out of the tougher conference. Drexler was a monster, you're as delusional as the pitiable Wade fans on these boards who think he's still a top 10 player.

IKnowHoops
12-22-2015, 12:56 AM

Yeah, I'm more surprised that he left off Wade and Tmac. Both have outplayed him in his prime multiple times and both guard him.

flea
12-22-2015, 12:58 AM
Those early 90's Blazers teams were stacked

Terry Porter
Clyde Drexler
Jerome Kersey
Buck Williams
Kevin Duckworth
Clifford Robinson (off the bench)

5/6 of those guys all made an all-star game in their careers and all 6 of them averaged 18 PPG at one point in their careers too.

They are among the best teams to never win a title.

No they're not. They were a good team but they weren't like the 00's Kings or Blazers. They were probably about as talented as the early 90s Suns and Lakers. Good teams but carried heavily by their stars. I get you're a Blazers fan but most of those guys were role players - but I agree Terry Porter gets underrated historically.

jerellh528
Exactly. I know he said B-Roy was the toughest player for him to guard at one point because he was most complete offensive player in the league. I highly doubt he'd say that today.

I remember him saying the same thing about tmac before too.

Chronz
Well this discredits Kobe abit, how can you leave off your greatest foe and the man who had a superior career to yours? Brainfart? Not being serious? Really man, HOW? Hes considered the greatest at his position for **** sake.

IKnowHoops
12-22-2015, 01:06 AM

Wade's argument begins and ends with 06 playoffs. But Drexler had just as impressive of a Finals run when he played Michael, and was a big part of the Rockets 2nd championship in the 90s. I'll take that over being the primary ballhandler for that defensive juggernaut in 06 - which never should have won vs. the Mavs anyway if Stern doesn't have it in for Cuban.

Why use team scoring over individual scoring as a measure of how good individuals are. 95% of the actual stats point to Wade being better. Drexlers run against the Bulls isn't even close to Wade's championship. Wades Finals may be the best finals performance in history. I think he may have the highest PER/Win shares for a finals ever. There is just no way Clyde is better than Wade, and if you look at "ALL" the stats, Wade wins easily. Scoring/Asst/Efficiency/Steals, I mean its Wade all day.

IKnowHoops
12-22-2015, 01:10 AM
Since when does team offense justify individual performance? You want to know why Wade's teams were bad offensively without Lebron or Shaq? Because they were freaking terrible. You know who the best offensive players were around Wade the years after Shaq left? Guys like Shawn Marion, Michael Beasley, Mario freaking Chalmers and a way past his prime Jermaine O'Neal. Drexler played with guys like Terry Porter, Buck Williams and Jerome Kersey. Those were really good, really deep teams in Portland in Drexler's prime. Comparing the two is just completely ridiculous.

No he wasn't. It's not even close. If you compare their playoff stats, it's at least a contest, but let's compare their numbers in the Finals that season:

Drexler: 24.8 PPG/7.8 RPG/5.3 APG/1.3 SPG on .407/.150/.893 shooting percentages with a 52.2% TS%
Wade: 34.7 PPG/7.8 RPG/3.8 APG/2.8 SPG on on .468/.273/.773 shooting percentages with a 57.2% TS%

It's not even close. Wade won that series for Miami. Drexler arguably lost it for Portland. In the final game of that series, Drexler shot 8 of 24 for 24 points. Jordan's domination of Drexler in that series was is pretty well known by anyone who knows basketball. So to suggest that Drexler's postseason run should even be spoken in the same breath as Wade's is totally ignorant.

Also, to suggest that the '06 Finals is the only argument in favor of Wade is just blatantly disrespectful. Look at the guy's numbers. In a lot of categories, they're practically identical to Drexler, and his best season is better than anything Drexler ever accomplished.

I'm sorry, but a win is a win. Conspiracy theorists cannot change the history books.

Thank you

tredigs
12-22-2015, 01:10 AM
Kobe says **** just to say it. There's no way this is what he actually believes. Dude played old man Clyde a grand total of 4 times and Drexler averaged 13/7/6 on 27% from the field. In their first matchup Kobe played 5 minutes and scored 2 points. Drexler played 29 minutes and scored 4 points on 1 of 9 from the field. Lol.

WaDe03
12-22-2015, 01:17 AM
Flea, you may be the only person in the world to believe Drexler is better than Wade. You say this all the time. Was going to reply to you but MBT beat me too it. Your argument became invalid when you listed the players you listed that Wade played with when he wasn't with Shaq/LeRun. I feel like every single game I watched before LeRun came they were saying it was either a 1 man team when it was just Wade or a 2 man team when it was Wade/Shaq. The players you listed weren't that good with the Heat. Lol at the conspiracies.

IKnowHoops
12-22-2015, 01:17 AM
Well this discredits Kobe abit, how can you leave off your greatest foe and the man who had a superior career to yours? Brainfart? Not being serious? Really man, HOW? Hes considered the greatest at his position for **** sake.

Forgive me, but who are you speaking of?

IKnowHoops
12-22-2015, 01:19 AM
Kobe says **** just to say it. There's no way this is what he actually believes. Dude played old man Clyde a grand total of 4 times and Drexler averaged 13/7/6 on 27% from the field. In their first matchup Kobe played 5 minutes and scored 2 points. Drexler played 29 minutes and scored 4 points on 1 of 9 from the field. Lol.

LOL Kobe is so full of it.

flea
12-22-2015, 01:22 AM
Flea, you may be the only person in the world to believe Drexler is better than Wade. You say this all the time. Was going to reply to you but MBT beat me too it. Your argument became invalid when you listed the players you listed that Wade played with when he wasn't with Shaq/LeRun. I feel like every single game I watched before LeRun came they were saying it was either a 1 man team when it was just Wade or a 2 man team when it was Wade/Shaq. The players you listed weren't that good with the Heat. Lol at the conspiracies.

Believe what you guys want, you're a Heat fan so I know what you think. Drexler was:

-better shooter
-better cutter
-better defender
-better rebounder
-better transition player
-better athlete
-better/as good post player
-better/as good passer

He was the undisputed 2nd best backcourt player of his entire prime. Kids who didn't see them will say chuckers like Hardaway or Kevin Johnson were better, or that a guy who really relied on his team more like Reggie Miller was better, but they weren't. Drexler gets the shaft with modern fans because his only ring was with Hakeem (which IMO was very impressive considering he integrated himself in a midseason trade - IDK of any other star that has done that and won a ring) and he played in Jordan's shadow at the same position.

Wade scored more points on worse teams. So we're basically arguing James Harden vs. Stephen Curry last year here. Yawn, keep your ball dominant whiner who can only play a full season 4 or 5 times in his career.

Saddletramp
12-22-2015, 01:34 AM
Man, did I miss MBT. Wade is better than Drexler and when I heard that I was wondering what bs Kobe was spilling and what angle he was reaching for. Kobe was a teenager facing an all time great/champion/Dream Teamer for just a few seasons. Then he was going against Wade for a decade+. And no Duncan?

The man can have any opinion he wants but I'm wondering if this is legit to his actual feelings.

IKnowHoops
12-22-2015, 01:52 AM
Believe what you guys want, you're a Heat fan so I know what you think. Drexler was:

-better shooter
-better cutter
-better defender
-better rebounder
-better transition player
-better athlete
-better/as good post player
-better/as good passer

He was the undisputed 2nd best backcourt player of his entire prime. Kids who didn't see them will say chuckers like Hardaway or Kevin Johnson were better, or that a guy who really relied on his team more like Reggie Miller was better, but they weren't. Drexler gets the shaft with modern fans because his only ring was with Hakeem (which IMO was very impressive considering he integrated himself in a midseason trade - IDK of any other star that has done that and won a ring) and he played in Jordan's shadow at the same position.

Wade scored more points on worse teams. So we're basically arguing James Harden vs. Stephen Curry last year here. Yawn, keep your ball dominant whiner who can only play a full season 4 or 5 times in his career.

The stats and the efficiency associated with the stats says otherwise. Wade has been more efficient on worse teams while scoring more, so your point about worse teams is null. Its harder to be more efficient on a worse team.

AntiG
12-22-2015, 02:13 AM
if you're old enough to have seen both play live and not just base everything off of stats, you'll realize that Drexler was an equal if not better player. Clyde was basically the most dominant 2/3 in the league not named Jordan for quite a good stretch.

IKnowHoops
12-22-2015, 02:23 AM
if you're old enough to have seen both play live and not just base everything off of stats, you'll realize that Drexler was an equal if not better player. Clyde was basically the most dominant 2/3 in the league not named Jordan for quite a good stretch.

Saw them both play. Saw both at there best. Drexler was a beast, he was a great player. Wade was just better. Wade was closer to Jordan level than Drexler. I have no doubt that Prime Wade would give Jordan more problems than prime Drexler. Jordan can stay in front of Drexler. Wade had the ability to to shake Jordan and go right by him. Compound that with the fact that Kobe played against an old version of Clyde, 4 times total, where neither really played well and his list make little sense.

IBleedPurple
12-22-2015, 02:29 AM
if you're old enough to have seen both play live and not just base everything off of stats, you'll realize that Drexler was an equal if not better player. Clyde was basically the most dominant 2/3 in the league not named Jordan for quite a good stretch.Agree Drexler was better.

Shlumpledink
12-22-2015, 03:16 AM
He probably isn't enamored by the whole championships criteria that most nba talent evaluators place a lot of importance on. He did put Durant, and Drexler on.

If Jordan didn't exist we would regard Drexler a lot higher than we do now. Drexler was phenomenal but he was a 2-guard that played at the same time as Jordan.

I like his list. I would still like it if he did have Duncan instead of Drexler, but I like it as is. Finally someone in the industry having Olajuwon higher than Duncan

jsthornton7
12-22-2015, 05:36 AM
Iverson, Vince Carter, Gary Payton, Paul Pierce, Kevin Garnett, Dirk, T-Mac, the list goes on... who cares who he said.

jsthornton7
12-22-2015, 05:38 AM
Iverson, Vince Carter, Gary Payton, Paul Pierce, Kevin Garnett, Dirk, T-Mac, the list goes on... who cares who he said.

I've got a question... Battle of the SGs, who wins? Kobe + Wade vs. Jordan + Drexler

Saddletramp
12-22-2015, 06:04 AM
I've got a question... Battle of the SGs, who wins? Kobe + Wade vs. Jordan + Drexler

Well, that's a no contest and a silly question.

AIRMAR72
12-22-2015, 10:52 AM
No Wade? I'm 😴 see thats thing I dont like about this fake guy kobe he listed the bonify HOF who were all old man at that time to place himself in their light what about Tmac who used to tear his *** up Vince Carter ,Iverson,steve nash,dirk, those are the guys kobe compete against in his prime

cmellofan15
12-22-2015, 11:04 AM
Let's all tell Kobe how to feel lmao

Hawkeye15
12-22-2015, 11:47 AM
outside of Dream, the others are perimeter players he has matched up against. Makes sense to me

hell he was probably more annoyed with Manu than Tim

kdspurman
12-22-2015, 11:52 AM
outside of Dream, the others are perimeter players he has matched up against. Makes sense to me

hell he was probably more annoyed with Manu than Tim

Yea, and Bowen for that matter. He's given them his regards plenty of times. I think even with Battier too who I believe he said was the toughest guy that guarded him. so the 5 names he gave now isn't really a big deal.

And I know why the Op put what he did about Duncan, he thinks Duncan is overrated.

Tony_Starks
12-22-2015, 12:00 PM
Nice to see KD get his props....

naps
12-22-2015, 01:15 PM
Lol Wade had White Chocolate, Antoine Walker, Eddie Jones, Lamar Odom, Caron Butler, James Posey, and Ricky Davis (coming off a good season and still in prime). He had plenty of good offensive players throughout his career, especially considering Lebron/Shaq years (which was 6 years of his prime). He far and away had the better offensive cast when you consider how many prime years he played with Lebron/Shaq plus those guys I just mentioned.

Duckworth, Robinson, and Porter were fine players. Kersey too, though primarily defenisve, and Buck Williams was basically Udonis Haslem 20 years earlier and under a different set of rules. This "he needs more help" is almost always BS. In individual seasons sure, but most players unless they played for the Showtime Lakers or Auerbach Celtics had about the same talent on balance throughout their careers.

Just lol at giving Drexler's line vs. Jordan. Everyone knows Jordan owned that Finals, but look at his overall line that playoffs year and the fact he came out of the tougher conference. Drexler was a monster, you're as delusional as the pitiable Wade fans on these boards who think he's still a top 10 player.

You are calling people delusional for laying out facts while you are going nothing but theories and what not? Congrats man.

Btw, Wade is widely regarded as the 3rd greatest SG of all time. Only people that have him 4th are the ones that consider Mr. logo as a SG and says logo was better than Wade. Drexler has no argument on being in that top 4 conversation.

nickdymez
12-22-2015, 01:19 PM

Jordan/Drexler takes that..

Hawkeye15
12-22-2015, 01:56 PM
Yea, and Bowen for that matter. He's given them his regards plenty of times. I think even with Battier too who I believe he said was the toughest guy that guarded him. so the 5 names he gave now isn't really a big deal.

And I know why the Op put what he did about Duncan, he thinks Duncan is overrated.

I hated the Spurs forever (mostly cause they whipped my puppies all the time, but who hasn't), but have come to really respect them over the past 5 years. I can't cheer for them, but I no longer dislike them.

Duncan is a top 7 player ever. Pops is my hero haha

Longhornfan1234
12-22-2015, 03:46 PM

duncan is overrated. Duncan has been surrounded by most stacked rosters for his whole career. he's most luckiest player in history.

kdspurman
12-22-2015, 03:55 PM
duncan is overrated. Duncan has been surrounded by most stacked rosters for his whole career. he's most luckiest player in history.

Not even going to derail this thread, but that is comical. Your opinion though

Redrum187
12-22-2015, 04:29 PM

Duncan is definitely one of the luckiest players in history... He has had Pop his entire career, learned from Robinson, had TP, Manu, and now Kawhi and Aldridge.

This doesn't change the fact he is still the best PF to ever play the game. I'm not going to ignore his historic offensive and defensive dominance because his team was good. In fact, I'd argue it's because of Duncan that his teams have been great.

If we are talking prime, I think Olajuwon had a better prime. If we're talking career, Duncan has been too consistently dominant to not be considered top 5 all time (over Olajuwon).

Hawkeye15
12-22-2015, 05:56 PM
Luckiest superstars ever, in no order:

Russell
Magic
Bird
Jordan
Kobe
Duncan

It does absolutely nothing to hinder their greatness however. Newsflash: In order to win championships, you need great teams around you, no matter how great you are.

beasted86
12-22-2015, 06:31 PM
I didn't even need to see the stats to know he never played against Drexler... but glad someone else did the leg work to prove their point.

This is just an old man talking. It's like your grandfather's senile stories from "his memory". You just smile, nod your head and soak it in. You don't correct him or question it's validity.

valade16
12-22-2015, 07:15 PM
Luckiest superstars ever, in no order:

Russell
Magic
Bird
Jordan
Kobe
Duncan

It does absolutely nothing to hinder their greatness however. Newsflash: In order to win championships, you need great teams around you, no matter how great you are.

How was Jordan luckier than Kobe or TD?

blahblahyoutoo
12-22-2015, 07:40 PM
didn't he say melo was the toughest to guard? guess that was just lip service.

jerellh528
12-22-2015, 07:41 PM
Kobe was lucky, but he wasted his absolute peak on the worst team of any of those guys.

blahblahyoutoo
12-22-2015, 08:11 PM
Drexler was better than Wade,

what???

WaDe03
12-22-2015, 08:28 PM

"In no order"

WaDe03
12-22-2015, 08:30 PM
He did say there was way too many to name them all. But to flea, Wade > Drexler. I also don't know why someone would think Reggie and the other guys you mentioned would be better than Drexler. Idk if that was you trying to prove that Drexler is underrated or what but if someone believes that they're just plain stupid.

Hawkeye15
12-22-2015, 08:33 PM

He had to wait some years, but once the help came, it really came. And stayed.

You are missing my point though.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
12-22-2015, 08:36 PM
Speaking of the Blazers. Man that franchise had tons of great players. Yeah I know they messed up and drafted wrong player over Jordan also drafted injured Oden. But man looking at basketball reference. They had Drexler, Sabonis, Anderson, Augmon, Wallace, ZBO, Grant, Robinson, and plenty of others but man flipping through the years their rosters were stacked. Even when they were labeled the jail Blazers they still were stacked.

I remember long long time ago Bucks were close to trading for Cliff Robinson. Cant remember the details who we were sending back maybe Glenn Robinson was headed back? Cant remember but I remember that rumor. Bucks offered up Baker and Robinson for Pippen as well. Cant remember what happened. Think Hornets were offering up Rice and Campbell. Think that was when Jordan retired first time and Pippen wasn't happy or something cant remember.

PowerHouse
12-22-2015, 08:52 PM
Clyde is a legend who retired long before MJ so Kobe kind of likes to show off how long he's been in the league by mentioning himself going against him. I've seen him mention Clyde in interviews, he was one of the guys Kobe was in awe of when he first came into the league. It doesnt surprise me at all that he is mentioning him again here. Its no slight against Duncan at all, nothing to read between the lines.

valade16
12-22-2015, 09:04 PM
"In no order"

It seems I over estimated my reading comprehension skills.

WaDe03
12-22-2015, 09:14 PM
It seems I over estimated my reading comprehension skills.

Haha it happens to the best of us.

FlashBolt
12-23-2015, 02:58 AM
Don't waste your time with Flea.. he will always choose the older player because he's clearly senile. Didn't think we needed a Drexler vs Wade discussion tbh. As if the answer wasn't obvious enough...

IMO, I think Jordan/Drexler/Hakeem are just stupid. He never played any of those guys at their prime and rarely did play them. KD is better than McGrady/Wade's peak. Only LeBron has had a better season in terms guards/SF.

Bostonjorge
12-23-2015, 04:09 AM
Kobe played Duncan in his absolute best and eliminated him from the post season more then any other good/average/great player Kobe ever played. Kobe was just naming guys he wished he punished more. Duncan took enough punishment from Kobe and belongs on a different Kobe top 5 list.

KnicksorBust
12-23-2015, 08:55 AM
Top five players Kobe says he has faced: Olajuwon, MJ, Kevin Durant, LeBron James, Clyde Drexler.

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/post/_/id/14417395/kobe-bryant-lists-top-five-players-faced-career

Interesting that he added Drexler.

Definitely. I think it his way of showing respect to a HOF 2 guard. People's first reaction is always to find who got left off and say "jealous!" but really I doubt that Kobe put that much thought into it. "Let me make a list of 5 players and not say Duncan or Garnett on purpose just to troll them!!"