PDA

View Full Version : Where does Ty Lawson fit?

mrblisterdundee
12-20-2015, 05:06 PM
I'm reading reports of Houston trying to unload Ty Lawson, who obviously doesn't fit there with James Harden. But which teams could actually use a guy like Lawson?
The Knicks came to mind for me. Lawson is best when attacking the basket. Carmelo Anthony and Kristaps Prozingis spread the floor, leaving plenty of room for Lawson and Arron Afflalo to attack around theirs and Robin Lopez's screens.
I wonder how realistic a package centered around Jose Calderon, Jerian Grant and New York's second-rounders would be. It seems low considering how good Lawson can be, but Lawson's value is bottoms right now.

JAZZNC
12-20-2015, 06:03 PM
A rehab center.

North Yorker
12-20-2015, 06:15 PM
A rehab center.

Off the court issues aside, do you think he would fit in well with Utah? Or are you guys content with Burke/Neto?

TheNumber37
12-20-2015, 07:04 PM
NY is a big distraction.
BK is a Big stage too, but less eyes, that could help

I'd like him on the pacers

ManningToTyree
12-20-2015, 07:45 PM
Phil Jackson has made a point to cleanse the roster of people with off the court issues I don't think Lawson is a great fit in that city with his issues.

That said he would be a massive upgrade for NY.

ManningToTyree
12-20-2015, 08:02 PM
Phil Jackson has made a point to cleanse the roster of people with off the court issues I don't think Lawson is a great fit in that city with his issues.

That said he would be a massive upgrade for NY.

IndyRealist
12-20-2015, 09:12 PM
NY is a big distraction.
BK is a Big stage too, but less eyes, that could help

I'd like him on the pacers

Considering his off court issues as well as his inability to play with a ball dominant wing, i don't see any reason why you'd like to see him on the Pacers.

basketballkitty
12-20-2015, 09:47 PM
Where does Ty Lawson fit?......." Rikers Island " ?

trueknickfan
12-20-2015, 10:56 PM
Knick"s could use his skill set and savvy ball handling skills...he has chemistry with Affalo, people know he can play.

nycericanguy
12-20-2015, 11:12 PM
I'm reading reports of Houston trying to unload Ty Lawson, who obviously doesn't fit there with James Harden. But which teams could actually use a guy like Lawson?
The Knicks came to mind for me. Lawson is best when attacking the basket. Carmelo Anthony and Kristaps Prozingis spread the floor, leaving plenty of room for Lawson and Arron Afflalo to attack around theirs and Robin Lopez's screens.
I wonder how realistic a package centered around Jose Calderon, Jerian Grant and New York's second-rounders would be. It seems low considering how good Lawson can be, but Lawson's value is bottoms right now.

No thanks to Lawson.

He's been trash this year, has off court issues and he's just not that fast anymore and that's what his game was based on. And to top it off he's 5'10, he would hurt the Knicks defensively and he wouldn't have the freedom to do much offensively.

Don't think he's a Phil kinda guy. and Grant has a chance to be really good, and JC has been a solid leader and good shooter. Much rather keep those two guys.

McAllen Tx
12-21-2015, 12:57 AM
Lawsons best days are behind him. That being said, I wouldnt mind at all Lakers giving up Young & Williams for him as long as Houston sends McDaniels with him.

Both Young & Williams would contribute for Houston from day 1. We all know that Houstons window is closing and they need to go all in sooner rather then later. No guarantees Harden signs up for more years.

AIverson
12-21-2015, 02:25 AM
He's done.

I can see him backing up chris paul maybe?

SensandRaps
12-21-2015, 03:01 AM
i think nowhere is the correct answer

the guy couldn't make as a starter on the rockets when Beverley was injured and wants to be a starter so a lot of character issues right there then you have to take into account his off court problems

BKLYNpigeon
12-21-2015, 03:06 AM
he would fit on the Pelicans, Suns, and Pacers.

He has a drinking problem, hopefully its behind him. can't hold all of that against him. He's a heck of a player, just not the right fit on the Rockets.

Al Jefferson failed his drug test 3 times. lol.

SensandRaps
12-21-2015, 03:11 AM
he would fit on the Pelicans, Suns, and Pacers.

He has a drinking problem, hopefully its behind him. can't hold all of that against him. He's a heck of a player, just not the right fit on the Rockets.

Al Jefferson failed his drug test 3 times. lol.

pelicans have way too many guards specifically point guards so they dont need him

suns are already dealing with morris doubt they want to add lawsons problems

maybe indiana if lawson is willing to be a backup which seems unlikely

JAZZNC
12-21-2015, 09:57 AM
Off the court issues aside, do you think he would fit in well with Utah? Or are you guys content with Burke/Neto?
I have no desire to have that guy on the team. Our PG situation is just terrible right now but no thanks. He is an idiot and we have no need for that kinda knucklehead in Utah.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
12-21-2015, 10:38 AM
Bucks wanted Lawson before last years traded deadline when he was with Nuggets. Guess Bucks would have used a two pg line up of Knight and Lawson. I seen one bogus site suggesting Bucks trade Mayo and Vasquez for Lawson. Well Vasquez has bone spurs now. He probably had them with Raptors. But anyway. Mayo been playing great. But the Bucks could use a shake up. Only bad part is Mayo and Vasquez are expiring contracts where Lawson has another year. So i'd want some incentive taking him on. Maybe second rounder or two or make the trade a little bigger.

Tony_Starks
12-21-2015, 12:24 PM
could probably help Philly throw at least 5 more games...

IndyRealist
12-21-2015, 12:24 PM
He's done.

I don't think you can call anyone that young "done" especially with how productive he used to be. If Jameer Nelson and Beno Udrih are still hangging around the league....

KnicksorBust
12-21-2015, 12:56 PM
Would love to see him on the Spurs but that would never happen.

Saddletramp
12-21-2015, 04:24 PM
Bucks wanted Lawson before last years traded deadline when he was with Nuggets. Guess Bucks would have used a two pg line up of Knight and Lawson. I seen one bogus site suggesting Bucks trade Mayo and Vasquez for Lawson. Well Vasquez has bone spurs now. He probably had them with Raptors. But anyway. Mayo been playing great. But the Bucks could use a shake up. Only bad part is Mayo and Vasquez are expiring contracts where Lawson has another year. So i'd want some incentive taking him on. Maybe second rounder or two or make the trade a little bigger.

Lawson waived his next year's salary (actually, it's a team option) to get traded to Houston. He might be regretting that now.

beasted86
12-21-2015, 08:15 PM
Lawson has zero value.

He's having career lows shooting across the board. FG, 3PT, FT. He's having a career high in turnover rate. He is a negative defensively.

This is beside his off the court issues. Who would want this guy unless it's for free basically if he's bought out?

Rockets swung and missed with this one.

Best they can do is ship him and picks to a team that wants to save money or cut ties with a guy with multiple years left.

I do believe the Knicks would do Calderon and Amundson for Lawson + 2nd. They wouldn't mind getting an expiring deal and a 2nd so they have flexibility in free agency this summer. Though I'm not sure the Rockets are that desperate yet.

Chronz
12-22-2015, 12:08 AM
He's done.

ahhhhahaaha --- aahahahahah

Doc would never allow a superior talent to replace his son. Cmon guy

mightybosstone
12-22-2015, 12:46 AM
If I know Daryl Morey, I think it's extremely unlikely he trades Lawson right now. Morey hates trading guys when they're at their lowest possible trade value unless he's basically forced into it (aka Jeremy Lin). I think the Rockets front office will give it another month or two to see if Lawson can work his way into this rotation and become an asset. If Lawson gets dealt it will be much closer to the trade deadline.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
12-22-2015, 11:25 AM
Well its pretty easy to say Lawson was the man in Denver and could jack up all the shots he needed. Headed to Rockets with Harden and Howard shots will be less and Harden needs the ball in his hands most of the time so of course any PG will look worse with Rockets. So even waiting a few months see if his stock will rise most likely wont happen. Will stay the course and continue to lose.

jsthornton7
12-22-2015, 02:41 PM
If I know Daryl Morey, I think it's extremely unlikely he trades Lawson right now. Morey hates trading guys when they're at their lowest possible trade value unless he's basically forced into it (aka Jeremy Lin). I think the Rockets front office will give it another month or two to see if Lawson can work his way into this rotation and become an asset. If Lawson gets dealt it will be much closer to the trade deadline.

Agreed. I proposed a Lou Williams/Nick Young for Lawson/McDaniels trade in the Lakers forum, would be curious to know your thoughts as a Rockets fan and also your thoughts on McDaniels in general. He's not getting a lot of run there it seems.

IndyRealist
12-22-2015, 02:55 PM
Well its pretty easy to say Lawson was the man in Denver and could jack up all the shots he needed. Headed to Rockets with Harden and Howard shots will be less and Harden needs the ball in his hands most of the time so of course any PG will look worse with Rockets. So even waiting a few months see if his stock will rise most likely wont happen. Will stay the course and continue to lose.

Depends on how you define "worse". PPG is a horrible way to measure anything, and that seems to be what you're getting at.

It's funny that this is essentially the reverse of the volume shooter effect: usage proponents will say that as your usage goes up, your efficiency goes down (which is not true in most cases). Yet with Lawson's usage going down, no one is arguing he should be MORE efficient. Everyone seems to accept that his efficiency is in the toilet because his role is minimized. Huh.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
12-23-2015, 11:30 AM
Lawson has zero value.

He's having career lows shooting across the board. FG, 3PT, FT. He's having a career high in turnover rate. He is a negative defensively.

This is beside his off the court issues. Who would want this guy unless it's for free basically if he's bought out?

Rockets swung and missed with this one.

Best they can do is ship him and picks to a team that wants to save money or cut ties with a guy with multiple years left.

I do believe the Knicks would do Calderon and Amundson for Lawson + 2nd. They wouldn't mind getting an expiring deal and a 2nd so they have flexibility in free agency this summer. Though I'm not sure the Rockets are that desperate yet.

Doubt anyone wants to take on that extra year of Calderon. He's washed up. Shouldn't even be in the league. He's even more negative then Lawson with that extra year. Saddletramp said that last year of Lawson was waived to get traded to Rockets so Lawson is a expiring yet terrible. Yet Calderon been terrible a few years and has another year. Also Rockets have to toss in a second as well? Don't know much about Amundson. But doubt that tilts the trade.

mrblisterdundee
12-23-2015, 02:28 PM
Agreed. I proposed a Lou Williams/Nick Young for Lawson/McDaniels trade in the Lakers forum, would be curious to know your thoughts as a Rockets fan and also your thoughts on McDaniels in general. He's not getting a lot of run there it seems.

I don't think Williams and Young are enough for Lawson and McDaniels maybe just Lawson. The Rockets don't need a guy like Williams, who would overlap with Marcus Thornton's role coming off the bench.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
12-23-2015, 04:47 PM
Bucks could offer up Mayo and Vasquez for Lawson and a second rounder. Would of like another piece tossed in since Bucks giving up a better player in Mayo. But Vasquez is injured.

Tg11
12-25-2015, 04:23 PM
Ty Lawson on the Raptors I think he could fit there or even fit on the Atlanta Hawks or the Detroit Pistons

Wade n Fade
12-25-2015, 07:11 PM
Why not Philly? If he can fix himself up, he can be apart of something decent if Embid comes back healthy and Saric is worth the price the 76ers paid.

Tg11
12-26-2015, 12:02 PM
Detroit Pistons in the East but in the West he could fit in on the Mavs or even on the Trailblazers or the Lakers

MonroeFAN
12-26-2015, 01:16 PM
He doesn't fit anywhere on detroits roster. We have 3 point guards who are better.

SLY WILLIAMS
12-26-2015, 01:18 PM
If he can get his head on straight he could be a real asset to a team that actually needs a ball handler/shooter. He needs to look in the mirror and give himself a real firm wake up.

Tg11
12-26-2015, 02:59 PM
Then perhaps how about the Celtics? We could always use a back-up for Thomas but honestly Ty Lawson I could see him in Dallas or even in Brooklyn to be honest

MonroeFAN
12-26-2015, 07:09 PM
Only stupid teams are going to take a stab at him. He'll either go to Sacramento, Phili or mysteriously be resigned by Houston.

Saddletramp
12-26-2015, 07:29 PM
He's actually playing a little bit better as of late (in limited minutes) and if they still have to pay the remainder of his deal, I'd rather they keep him and hope he plays better. Maybe flip him as an expiring on draft night where he can be immediately waived as his next year became team optioned. Never know when Bev will get injured again.

In saying that, if they can trade him for something actually valuable before the trade deadline, that'd be the best option. But to get rid of just to get rid of? Meh.

FriedTofuz
12-27-2015, 04:39 AM
We should put all the knuckle heads on one team. Round up

Josh Smith, Ty Lawson, Lance Stephenson, Rajon Rondo, Demarcus Cousins, and Dwight Howard and put them all on one team.

COACHTOU
12-27-2015, 04:46 PM
punish him and send him to philly

Tg11
12-27-2015, 09:48 PM
Ty Lawson to the 76ers or how about the Lakers? The Lakers would be a good fit for Ty Lawson I mean they can get rid of whoever in a trade

chjh
12-29-2015, 02:26 AM
Phil Jackson has made a point to cleanse the roster of people with off the court issues I don't think Lawson is a great fit in that city with his issues.http://s.coop/1xpjb http://s.coop/1xpmd

G_S_W
12-29-2015, 03:54 AM
Standing on a liquor store street corner.