PDA

View Full Version : Which NBA Coach Doesn't Get Enough Credit?

Wade n Fade
12-19-2015, 03:13 AM
I think Brad Stevens doesn't get enough credit. His team plays with a ton of heart despite not having superstars. He is one of the youngest coaches in NBA history and was a terrific hire.

Gander13SM
12-19-2015, 01:54 PM
Steve Clifford is overlooked a lot even with Hornets decent start.

hugepatsfan
12-19-2015, 02:04 PM
I think Stevens gets plenty of credit. Most people say exactly what you said about him. I bet every local broadcast goes on and on about him whenever they play Boston. The team just isn't any sort of strong contender so on a national stage he's not a major story yet.

cmellofan15
12-19-2015, 02:04 PM
Vogel and Spo.

skoobiesnax69
12-19-2015, 02:07 PM
All of them. Players run the asylum.

lamzoka
12-19-2015, 06:03 PM
Vogel and Spo.

Really? what have he done without LeBron?

5ass
12-19-2015, 06:30 PM
Scott Skiles could be coach of the year. He took the same group of guys that was 25th in defense last year, and turned them into a team that is currently a top 5 defensive team.

shep33
12-19-2015, 07:03 PM
Rick Carlisle

STRIKERC
12-19-2015, 08:05 PM
All of them. Players run the asylum.

THIS
From Luke Walton on down to Brett Brown. I don't know if any team has a terrible coach this year.

McAllen Tx
12-20-2015, 10:56 AM
Rick Carlisle

Ditto

SteBO
12-20-2015, 12:16 PM
A helluva lot more than other coaches have done WITH LBJ. Spo gets on my nerves sometimes, but this argument is silly. Name all the coaches who've won without HOF or bordline HOF talent.

lamzoka
12-20-2015, 02:56 PM
A helluva lot more than other coaches have done WITH LBJ. Spo gets on my nerves sometimes, but this argument is silly. Name all the coaches who've won without HOF or bordline HOF talent.

You still didn't answer my question. What have he done without LeBron?

SteBO
12-20-2015, 03:19 PM
You still didn't answer my question. What have he done without LeBron?
He's gotten a team w/ Wade and scrubs to the playoffs his first two NBA seasons. Then he got to the Finals 4 straight years w/ LeBron, which beats anything other coaches have done to this point with him. He isn't anything special, but coaching egos at that level clearly ain't easy. Now, how many coaches have won titles without HOFers or borderline? (While not expecting an answer)

b_russ
12-20-2015, 04:17 PM
I think Stevens gets plenty of credit. Most people say exactly what you said about him. I bet every local broadcast goes on and on about him whenever they play Boston. The team just isn't any sort of strong contender so on a national stage he's not a major story yet.

+1

cmellofan15
12-20-2015, 05:26 PM

lmao what a stupid question. you're going to fault him for having a good player on his team?

what has phil jackson done without jordan or kobe?
what has pop done without duncan?
what did auerbach do without russell?

and to answer that stupid question, he missed the playoffs once when his best player went down for the year with blood clots.

J_M_B
12-20-2015, 08:56 PM

What about what he did WITH LeBron? Spo got more out of him then any other coach he played for. He was the first to start trotting him out at power forward, a position LeBron abandoned when he returned to Cleveland. He adapted and created a lethal pace and space system around Bron. It was Spo that urged Riley to go after Allen and Battier when everyone thought Miami had to chase a center and rebounding, as well as implementing a trapping defense that wrecked havoc on the league during their title runs.

He isn't Pop, Carlisle, or Brad Stevens, but he's still damn good one and definitely under appreciated even by Heat fans.

cmellofan15
12-22-2015, 11:07 AM
Nah he had LeBron so that makes him a bad coach....

Wrigheyes4MVP
12-22-2015, 11:15 AM
What about what he did WITH LeBron? Spo got more out of him then any other coach he played for. He was the first to start trotting him out at power forward, a position LeBron abandoned when he returned to Cleveland. He adapted and created a lethal pace and space system around Bron. It was Spo that urged Riley to go after Allen and Battier when everyone thought Miami had to chase a center and rebounding, as well as implementing a trapping defense that wrecked havoc on the league during their title runs.

He isn't Pop, Carlisle, or Brad Stevens, but he's still damn good one and definitely under appreciated even by Heat fans.

Good point about maximizing LBJ's efficiency.

FriedTofuz
12-23-2015, 05:21 AM
Brad Stevens is known for doing a great job.

Scott skills, steve clifford and stan van gundy deserve major props.
Rick Charlise was always one of the best coaches, nothing new here.