PDA

View Full Version : Guys who just don't know there limitations

ewing
12-18-2015, 11:28 PM
I'm watching Josh Smith and i remember how much potential he had coming into this league but he refused not to lunch Js. It almost ran him out the league! What other player had ability but just didn't play to what they could do.

warfelg
12-18-2015, 11:35 PM
**Their limitations. Sorry that's really bothering me.

Jerami Grant. Dude is Josh Smith 2.0 on offense.

ewing
12-18-2015, 11:38 PM

fixed. my spelling is like Josh Smith's long range J

KnicksorBust
12-18-2015, 11:46 PM
I'm watching Josh Smith and i remember how much potential he had coming into this league but he refused not to lunch Js. It almost ran him out the league! What other player had ability but just didn't play to what they could do.

The most interesting thing to me is that he actually stopped for one season in 2010 and had arguably a career year. Then next year went right back to chucking 3's.

ewing
12-19-2015, 12:02 AM
The most interesting thing to me is that he actually stopped for one season in 2010 and had arguably a career year. Then next year went right back to chucking 3's.

yeah its not like he couldn't get buckets without it.

Wade n Fade
12-19-2015, 02:37 AM
JR Smith. The guy doesn't want to stop shooting sometimes.

Chronz
12-19-2015, 03:14 AM
Austin Rivers. Dude should be sitting himself out

Wade n Fade
12-19-2015, 03:25 AM
Austin Rivers. Dude should be sitting himself out

He had bust written all over him. New Orleans reached on him big time. His dad being the coach hurts the team because he gets more minutes than he deserves.

sf-fanatic
12-19-2015, 05:46 AM
This year's Kobe Bryant

Raidaz4Life
12-19-2015, 06:03 AM
Dwight Howard

slashsnake
12-19-2015, 07:59 AM
Dwight Howard

Dwight was always limited talent wise, just used insane athleticism to play. JaVale McGee has similar athleticism but none of the production.

JR Smith is one for me, guy has all the skills just never had the mental side to put it together.

Hawkeye15
12-19-2015, 08:40 AM
Shabazz. Dude is a black hole. Possessions end when he touches the ball

D-Leethal
12-19-2015, 12:08 PM
This thread was made for Fright.

lamzoka
12-19-2015, 12:16 PM
When Amare Stoudamire thought he was Hakeem on the post and ended up turning the ball over every time.

ewing
12-19-2015, 12:40 PM
When Amare Stoudamire thought he was Hakeem on the post and ended up turning the ball over every time.

he was a productive post player. He was a just a turn-style on D and got in Melo's way.

D-Leethal
12-19-2015, 03:30 PM
he was a productive post player. He was a just a turn-style on D and got in Melo's way.

Yea his pros definitely outweighed his cons on offense in the post. Uber-efficient. Give him props for changing his game at the drop of a dime to go from Mike D's system to Woody's system. That said, even as a 12ppg, 55% shooting guy he hurt more than he helped overall though. Unless Amare is putting up monster scoring numbers in a high octane offense its hard to turn him into a net positive.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-19-2015, 03:52 PM
Nick Young

flea
12-19-2015, 04:03 PM
Nick Young

He's a better example. JR Smith is a legitimate 7 man rotation player on pretty much any team, warts and all. Nick Young is garbage, has a completely ******** nickname, and probably doesn't deserve any NBA minutes.

JAZZNC
12-19-2015, 04:55 PM
Allen Iverson. He could have been the greatest PG ever but ended up not even being able to find work at the end because he just didn't get it and really never had an idea of what team basketball was. He thought shooting it all the damn time at a horrible % was the way basketball was supposed to be played. I also think it was just as much him not realizing his strengths as it was knowing his limitations. He was an excellent passer when he wanted to be but that just wasn't part of his game. But hey, he was "so tough" right? So he gets a pass for being a complete dumbass.

JasonJohnHorn
12-19-2015, 06:53 PM
Dwight Howard.

And for coaches, Doc. Got trade his son. Now.

JasonJohnHorn
12-19-2015, 06:53 PM
Allen Iverson. He could have been the greatest PG ever but ended up not even being able to find work at the end because he just didn't get it and really never had an idea of what team basketball was. He thought shooting it all the damn time at a horrible % was the way basketball was supposed to be played. I also think it was just as much him not realizing his strengths as it was knowing his limitations. He was an excellent passer when he wanted to be but that just wasn't part of his game. But hey, he was "so tough" right? So he gets a pass for being a complete dumbass.

Good call. He really could have been one of the best point guards ever. He was such a great play maker when he wanted to be.

STRIKERC
12-19-2015, 08:14 PM

I don't think Jerami Grant or any 2015 Sixer truly knows what they're capable or incapable of.
I really don't think players that have less than 3 years in the league should make this thread. They're still trying to figure out who they are as basketball players.
Mind you majority of them are 1 or 2 years and done coming to the pros.

warfelg
12-19-2015, 08:20 PM
I don't think Jerami Grant or any 2015 Sixer truly knows what they're capable or incapable of.

He airballs at least 2 shots a game. He's been blocked by the rim. Lost the dribble without any pressure. If he's getting passes and dunking from point blank he's fine.

JAZZNC
12-19-2015, 11:01 PM
Good call. He really could have been one of the best point guards ever. He was such a great play maker when he wanted to be.
Remember how he looked in some of those All Star games? It was like "that's who he needs to be" but then he'd go right back to an inefficient chucker. He was probably the most frustrating player I have ever watched because IMO he so greatly misused his immense talents.

ewing
12-19-2015, 11:41 PM
He airballs at least 2 shots a game. He's been blocked by the rim. Lost the dribble without any pressure. If he's getting passes and dunking from point blank he's fine.

he trying to make the league. im not surprised he is pushing the envelope. Josh Smith type guys don't have that issue.

mrblisterdundee
12-20-2015, 06:03 AM
Theoretically, DeMarcus Cousins has the ability to control his emotions and stop being such a prima donna. I'm sure he has the money for some good counseling. But after five seasons in the league, he's still prone to some major drama.
You know Cousins can be the MVP, and you know his emotional issues are keeping him away from it. It doesn't help that he plays in Sacramento with a laughable owner and general manager. Maybe he does need a change of scenery.

Kashmir13579
12-20-2015, 06:11 AM
Leave Jerami Grant alone!!

Jeffy25
12-20-2015, 06:15 AM
Why did Smith stop shooting three's in 09-10?

ewing
12-20-2015, 09:58 AM
Theoretically, DeMarcus Cousins has the ability to control his emotions and stop being such a prima donna. I'm sure he has the money for some good counseling. But after five seasons in the league, he's still prone to some major drama.
You know Cousins can be the MVP, and you know his emotional issues are keeping him away from it. It doesn't help that he plays in Sacramento with a laughable owner and general manager. Maybe he does need a change of scenery.

this is good point. I've always felt he try to do way to many things. Just focus on a couple of them big man

JasonJohnHorn
12-20-2015, 01:31 PM
Remember how he looked in some of those All Star games? It was like "that's who he needs to be" but then he'd go right back to an inefficient chucker. He was probably the most frustrating player I have ever watched because IMO he so greatly misused his immense talents.

I felt the same way about Shaq. He was so gifted physically, and he knew his strengths and limitations and played to that effect, but he relied too much on his physical gifts. If he put in the work like Duncan and Garnett on rounding out his game, and worked on post moves like Hakeem, he could have been so dominant on both ends of the floor. I just wish Shaq had the drive of a guy like Jordan or Kobe, because if he did he would have been averaging 50/20 a game.

JAZZNC
12-20-2015, 02:45 PM
I felt the same way about Shaq. He was so gifted physically, and he knew his strengths and limitations and played to that effect, but he relied too much on his physical gifts. If he put in the work like Duncan and Garnett on rounding out his game, and worked on post moves like Hakeem, he could have been so dominant on both ends of the floor. I just wish Shaq had the drive of a guy like Jordan or Kobe, because if he did he would have been averaging 50/20 a game.

Wow, we think alike. I feel the same way about Shaq, I just always felt I'd get crucified for saying it. He should have been the best C to ever play but he didn't have the work ethic or drive or something. He was so physically dominant he should have easily been the best ever at his position but he was lazy and fat about half the time. Still a top 10 talent but could have been much better and that is just a scary thought....a much better Shaq!

mrblisterdundee
12-20-2015, 04:58 PM
Another entry in this thread is Kobe Bryant, who showed flashes of being a triple-double threat. Imagine, if you will, a cold-blooded Bryant who could hurt you just as much by passing the ball as scoring. It would have also greatly extended his good years. He has the ability to get eight or more assists a game, even this season.

ewing
12-22-2015, 11:56 AM
yeah and Micheal Jordan too :rolleyes:

Chronz
12-23-2015, 04:56 PM

50 AND 20? At least try to be reasonable. Shaq got more out of his talent than you think. Those guys you mentioned had their own drawbacks that prevented them from achieving his level of dominance