PDA

View Full Version : Kobe dunks on some guy

nickdymez
12-18-2015, 03:56 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvkltVyqLCE

His first dunk of the season. He's been getting his legs back under him the last 8-12. He's averaging 18 points on 48% shooting in the last 18 games. Felt we could give an all time great a thread when he does something memorable in his last season, instead of a thread whenever he plays bad...

WOwolfOL
12-18-2015, 04:00 PM
That made a lot of basketball fans happy and it was a special moment for the players too. Pretty cool.

nickdymez
12-18-2015, 04:03 PM
That made a lot of basketball fans happy and it was a special moment for the players too. Pretty cool.

I thought so too. Also, anyone else notice how much this team is having fun and bonding despite all of the losing? When the Lakers went into overtime on Russell's last second shot, Kobe asked to be taken out so the young guys could get some OT experience on the road. Kobe was the first guy jumping on Russell and congratulating him. Like I always say about Kobe, he's the best guy when others are doing what they are supposed to do.

Vee-Rex
12-18-2015, 04:07 PM
Yeah it was great. I'm enjoying Kobe's highlights this season, he's gonna be missed.

Glad to see he has been playing extremely well in the last 15 games or so.

Hawkeye15
12-18-2015, 05:33 PM
I thought so too. Also, anyone else notice how much this team is having fun and bonding despite all of the losing? When the Lakers went into overtime on Russell's last second shot, Kobe asked to be taken out so the young guys could get some OT experience on the road. Kobe was the first guy jumping on Russell and congratulating him. Like I always say about Kobe, he's the best guy when others are doing what they are supposed to do.

He told Scott he wasn't going back into the game in Minny too, Russell was playing well, he wanted the kid to finish.

Liked the dunk. Kinda weird, I enjoy watching Kobe this year, after never liking him. I guess I realize we have some great players that are on their way out, may as well appreciate them at this point. It also helps I am older now, and don't get so worked up over a sport haha

DaLakerz Rulz
12-18-2015, 05:50 PM

His first dunk of the season. He's been getting his legs back under him the last 8-12. He's averaging 18 points on 48% shooting in the last 18 games. Felt we could give an all time great a thread when he does something memorable in his last season, instead of a thread whenever he plays bad...

That does not seem accurate, but honestly I think he could average something around there if he continues like this. Maybe more like 15-16ppg shooting in the high 40%s. First 20 games of the season were ugly for him...it was hard to even watch them. He has definitely picked it up the last 6 games. Don't think its all just legs/timing as he is claiming- its likely that and a combination of cutting down on ill-advised 3s and limiting his FGA (hes taking about 15 FGA per game during this stretch).

tredigs
12-18-2015, 06:04 PM
^Lol yeah, he's averaging 16.8 points on 34/26/75 over the last 18 games. A little better over the last 8 games: 16.5 points on 40/30/70. He's been fantastic the last few games though. Going against Houston's paltry wing D doesn't hurt, but he's made them count. I can actually watch him play without cringing right now, and that dunk was great. Hopefully he can keep up the level of the last 10 games or so going forward and have a good farewell, because even as a non Laker fan, it was actually bothersome how selfish and terrible he was to start the year. Muchhh better now Kobes.

DaLakerz Rulz
12-18-2015, 06:13 PM
the best thing about this was dwight's reaction lol

mngopher35
12-18-2015, 06:16 PM

haha all the reactions were pretty good, cool play

Tony_Starks
12-18-2015, 07:18 PM

Lol Dwight was just laughing like "THIS guy!"

It has been pretty cool to see Kobe and the his teammates really enjoying each other as he's sort of reeled himself in. Only silver lining in this abomination.

Its funny watching his teammates reactions, especially Russell/ Randle/ Clarkson. They're like half teammate half fans when he has throwback moments...

FraziersKnicks
12-18-2015, 07:58 PM
It's no secret that I'm not the biggest Kobe fan, but this was cool to see. The past few games have been really enjoyable to watch from him (I feel like I need a wash after just saying that), I'm happy he's turned it around and I hope he continues to play at this level for the rest of the season. The guy is an all-time great and deserves a ton of respect.

Props to Kobe.

I've realised the NBA isn't gonna be the same without the guy so I need to appreciate whilst he's still around. Doesn't change my stance on where I have him all-time, and who he's better or worse than, but I wanna appreciate some throwback nights from one of the greats.

MTar786
12-18-2015, 10:39 PM
kobes been smashing lately. hes looking like a top 25 player im not even kidding. watch. im not saying it will last.. but the last bunch of games hes looked great.

numba1CHANGsta
12-18-2015, 11:03 PM
He's gonna be missed, the NBA won't be the same anymore. Today's NBA has become a league of a bunch of soft players.

jerellh528
12-18-2015, 11:24 PM
kobes been smashing lately. hes looking like a top 25 player im not even kidding. watch. im not saying it will last.. but the last bunch of games hes looked great.

Yea his stats don't show how much more energy there is when he's on the floor. Some of the assists he's been making are magic-esque

nickdymez
12-18-2015, 11:26 PM
Great responses in this thread and I agree with all of them. I think this is the time in sports when fan bases all come together and recognize an all time great is leaving the game, love him or hate him. NBA will not be the same without Kobe, Garnet, Duncan, Pierce....

IKnowHoops
12-19-2015, 12:10 AM

His first dunk of the season. He's been getting his legs back under him the last 8-12. He's averaging 18 points on 48% shooting in the last 18 games.

But to speak to the point of this thread...those are good stats. Now that may be a doable number for Kobe. Im not sure what that 18 a game looked like, but I assume he probably stop taking long range 2's and 3's while fading away from a double team. I also assume he's not running nearly as much iso and instead getting points within the flow of the offense.

As bad as he has been, his hard headed style of play is what makes him look worse than he really is. If he stops trying to will himself to the basket with talent and athletic ability and just started picking his spots and using screens like normal players in the NBA, with his high level of skill and IQ he'd be a solid role player. He just needed his legs to improve, which they seemingly have.

If he can continue 18ppg on 48% from the field, I'll be impressed. I don't think he can but I'm interested in seeing what happens there.

Hawkeye15
12-19-2015, 08:56 AM
He's gonna be missed, the NBA won't be the same anymore. Today's NBA has become a league of a bunch of soft players.

that has been said for 50 years. Greats come and go.

Hawkeye15
12-19-2015, 08:58 AM
Great responses in this thread and I agree with all of them. I think this is the time in sports when fan bases all come together and recognize an all time great is leaving the game, love him or hate him. NBA will not be the same without Kobe, Garnet, Duncan, Pierce....

It will be the same, but no doubt, almost everyone here grew up with the guys you mentioned. And that means something.

AIRMAR72
12-19-2015, 12:00 PM

His first dunk of the season. He's been getting his legs back under him the last 8-12. He's averaging 18 points on 48% shooting in the last 18 games. Felt we could give an all time great a thread when he does something memorable in his last season, instead of a thread whenever he plays bad... every now and than a ol tired dog stil catches the frisbee nothing impressive the guy is FINISH furthermore who really cares

nickdymez
12-19-2015, 12:01 PM
every now and than a ol tired dog stil catches the frisbee nothing impressive the guy is FINISH furthermore who really cares
True fans of the sport care champ.

omdigga
12-19-2015, 02:10 PM
The dunk was nice, but the reaction was priceless.. mad respect for the mamba.

D-Leethal
12-19-2015, 03:41 PM
Would be epic if Kobe could muster up a 50 spot this season ala Wizards MJ.

Gander13SM
12-19-2015, 04:17 PM
Seriously? None of you know the guy that was dunked on? Lmfao. Come on nba "fans". Smh.

WOwolfOL
12-19-2015, 04:46 PM
Seriously? None of you know the guy that was dunked on? Lmfao. Come on nba "fans". Smh.
Compared to Kobe Bryant, he's just some guy.