PDA

View Full Version : If LeBron were still in Miami...

shep33
12-15-2015, 04:16 PM
Would he have had a better chance this year to win a title. Considering they basically traded nothing for Dragic last, and signed Whiteside for nothing, assume they have Dragic but no Luol Deng or Winslow.

Dragic
Wade
Bron
Bosh
Whiteside

Gerald Green as 6th man, considering he's on a 1.4 mill contract.

JasonJohnHorn
12-15-2015, 04:29 PM
The Whiteside pick up would have been nice for sure. Not sure they would have gotten Dragic. Those kinds of trades happen as they do for reasons. For instance, if KD was leaving and wanted to do a sign-and-trade with GSW, OKC WOULD NOT do that. They'd essentially be making sure they didn't win. Now, is he wanted to go to Philly of Washington, they'd consider that as they wouldn't be turning anybody into a heavy favorite, and it's another conference.

With PHO and MIA, it is other conferences, but they were dumping Dragic on a lottery team. They were also getting a 2017 first-rounder out of the deal. If Miami still had LBJ, that's be pretty much worthless as it'd be number 28 or so. With Miami on the verge of rebuilding last year, that first rounder was looking like a potential lottery pick.

Miami would be favoured to take the east with LBJ, obviously, and Whiteside would be HUGE (they certainly would have stood a much better chance to beat the Spurs with him), but I'm not sure they'd have what it takes to beat GSW.

OKC and SAS would make for a great series though.

WaDe03
12-15-2015, 04:34 PM
It would be a wrap.

shep33
12-15-2015, 04:44 PM
The Whiteside pick up would have been nice for sure. Not sure they would have gotten Dragic. Those kinds of trades happen as they do for reasons. For instance, if KD was leaving and wanted to do a sign-and-trade with GSW, OKC WOULD NOT do that. They'd essentially be making sure they didn't win. Now, is he wanted to go to Philly of Washington, they'd consider that as they wouldn't be turning anybody into a heavy favorite, and it's another conference.

With PHO and MIA, it is other conferences, but they were dumping Dragic on a lottery team. They were also getting a 2017 first-rounder out of the deal. If Miami still had LBJ, that's be pretty much worthless as it'd be number 28 or so. With Miami on the verge of rebuilding last year, that first rounder was looking like a potential lottery pick.

Miami would be favoured to take the east with LBJ, obviously, and Whiteside would be HUGE (they certainly would have stood a much better chance to beat the Spurs with him), but I'm not sure they'd have what it takes to beat GSW.

True about Dragic. That being said, wasn't Bosh going to take less to stay and play with LBJ? If Wade took less too, perhaps they get a decent player for the MLE or something, nobody special though.

That being said, add in Whiteside, Green... but we're also forgetting that LBJ attracts role players for discounts. Add those guys in, and who knows.

I think defensively, Miami would be superior to Cleveland.

All that being said, the core of the Cavs is also very young. Problem is a lot of injury bugs with them.

Chronz
12-15-2015, 05:42 PM
Interesting scenario. Prolly end up with Chalmers but maybe not. It would be his best team for sure under your scenario. But does Wade lose the weight or does he continue to coast while Bron carries the load?

SteBO
12-15-2015, 05:46 PM
Dragic might've still happened, but Whiteside would probably be an afterthought. Miami sustained heavy injuries last season and had to go into the D-league for help, hence Hassan Whiteside burst onto the scene. With LeBron around, I doubt Miami's in that situation. As for whether or not LeBron would have better shot than he does now or than he did last year, I'll say this.....the Cavs biggest advantage now is the youth of their best 3 players. Their problem is health. I see no reason to assume CLE will be healthy given that Irving has missed more games than Dwyane Wade has since he got drafted and that's with a maintenance program in place in the case of Wade. Love isn't exactly the pinnacle of durability either, along with Varejeo and Shumpert. With Miami, they had only one major injury concern, and it's Wade. Also, Riley apparently had Pau Gasol under wraps, but since LBJ was noncommital, Pau jumped at the Chicago contract. In conclusion, LeBron would've had a better title shot in Miami, but I don't think it's as big a discrepancy as people think.

Vee-Rex
12-15-2015, 07:30 PM
Dragic might've still happened, but Whiteside would probably be an afterthought. Miami sustained heavy injuries last season and had to go into the D-league for help, hence Hassan Whiteside burst onto the scene. With LeBron around, I doubt Miami's in that situation. As for whether or not LeBron would have better shot than he does now or than he did last year, I'll say this.....the Cavs biggest advantage now is the youth of their best 3 players. Their problem is health. I see no reason to assume CLE will be healthy given that Irving has missed more games than Dwyane Wade has since he got drafted and that's with a maintenance program in place in the case of Wade. Love isn't exactly the pinnacle of durability either, along with Varejeo and Shumpert. With Miami, they had only one major injury concern, and it's Wade. Also, Riley apparently had Pau Gasol under wraps, but since LBJ was noncommital, Pau jumped at the Chicago contract. In conclusion, LeBron would've had a better title shot in Miami, but I don't think it's as big a discrepancy as people think.

Irving since 2011 (when he was drafted): 256 games

Wade since 2011: 256 games

That's all regular season including this year. Wade has more total games if you include playoffs because his team made the playoffs more.

Also, Irving has been a victim of the organization being extremely careful as well. Many of the games he has missed were directly the result of this. He started at the age of 19 and practically had a baby's body, but the 2 years since he has built muscle he has played in 71 and 75 games respectively. He's trending upwards in terms of durability. Probably could've started playing weeks ago but the team is being careful right now.

Tony_Starks
12-15-2015, 07:55 PM
Enough to still come out of the east....and still lose to Golden State.

SteBO
12-15-2015, 08:12 PM

That's all regular season including this year. Wade has more total games if you include playoffs because his team made the playoffs more.

Also, Irving has been a victim of the organization being extremely careful as well. Many of the games he has missed were directly the result of this. He started at the age of 19 and practically had a baby's body, but the 2 years since he has built muscle he has played in 71 and 75 games respectively. He's trending upwards in terms of durability. Probably could've started playing weeks ago but the team is being careful right now.
When I compared games played, I included the ones where he missed time for rest, not for a disclosed injury. The caution point is a fair one. As I said, what people have to remember is that the Cavs have youth on their side now and an owner who's shown that he'll spend even if it means cap hell. Miami's not as reckless with their spending, and you could look at that as either positive or negative.

Dade County
12-15-2015, 08:31 PM
Rio
Wade
Le-Con
Bosh
Gasol (he would have signed with Miami instead of the bulls).

If Miami still picked up Whiteside then cool.

tredigs
12-15-2015, 11:50 PM
All things considered, I think he's in a better place in Cleveland.

That said, wherever Lebron goes, the team will be a contender. I've been a little harsh on him over he past coupe years, but he never ceases to amaze me.

Wade n Fade
12-16-2015, 01:31 AM
Hard to speculate how the Heat would be if LeBron had stayed. Too many what ifs for me to give a realistic idea because there might not even be a Dragic trade. The Heat could've gotten Gasol w/ Miami's "Big Three."

TylerSL
12-16-2015, 05:42 AM
If Lebron stayed in Miami we would not have made some of the moves that were made. First off, I can't see us trading for Dragic if we had Lebron because when Lebron left so too did our play-maker. Dwyane Wade cannot facilitate the offense the way he used to and Bosh is a great floor spacer, they both need a ball dominant player ala Lebron/Dragic. We wouldn't have needed Dragic had Lebron stayed so I cannot see that deal happening.

At the same time, I firmly believe we would have signed Pau Gasol to join Lebron/Wade/Bosh for 14-15,. I also believe Hassan Whiteside would have had the same breakout and would be on the team right now. Same goes for Tyler Johnson, and I believe Johnson may have eclipsed Chalmers/Cole in the rotation as well. Bosh would have still gotten the clots but Lebron with Wade/Gasol/Whiteside probably would have beaten Golden State in the Finals last year considering he got to 6 games last year with almost no help. Lebron probably left a ring on the table when he bolted Miami.

Who knows what the team would have looked like this season. Maybe we still get Green/Amare?

Johnson/Chalmers/Cole
Wade/Green/fill
Lebron/fill/fill
Bosh/Gasol/Haslem
Whiteside/Amare/Birdman

best guess...

Ch0ZSeN1
12-16-2015, 09:59 AM
Of course Miami fans will differ but realistically lets call it what it is....
Kyrie > Dragic
IMO Love> Bosh but we can call that a wash
Tristan Thompson can rebound with the best of them Whiteside has tremendous defensive ability but not as skilled offensively as Thompson
JR Smith and Gerald Green are the same player
and Cleveland still has Shumpert, Mo Williams, Mozgov and Richard Jefferson.

Miami does have a 34 year old end of career Dwayne Wade still to offer though.
Face it Miami fans your time has come and gone. You were lucky to have the teams you had but that is in the past now. Your king has left you. Best of luck in the future.

2-ONE-5
12-16-2015, 10:01 AM
who gives a ****? James has been out of Miami for 2 seasons now. The team obviously wouldnt have the same players it has now if he stayed so it makes this thread that much worse

nickdymez
12-16-2015, 11:43 AM
All things considered, I think he's in a better place in Cleveland.

That said, wherever Lebron goes, the team will be a contender. I've been a little harsh on him over he past coupe years, but he never ceases to amaze me.
He amazes you because he makes a team a contender?

FlashBolt
12-16-2015, 02:46 PM
He amazes you because he makes a team a contender?

Context, pal. LeBron makes any team a contender. Cleveland's odds were what before James came in? Then all of a sudden, he's coming to Cleveland and they became the favorites. It happened with Miami as well. You can't find many players who can instantly turn a team into a contender. And no, Kobe isn't one of them.

nickdymez
12-16-2015, 02:50 PM
Context, pal. LeBron makes any team a contender. Cleveland's odds were what before James came in? Then all of a sudden, he's coming to Cleveland and they became the favorites. It happened with Miami as well. You can't find many players who can instantly turn a team into a contender. And no, Kobe isn't one of them.
So Miami having Bosh and Wade didn't make them contenders? Cleveland having Irving and love didn't along with the other completely new roster in Cleveland? Was kobe mentioned at all?

FlashBolt
12-16-2015, 03:03 PM
So Miami having Bosh and Wade didn't make them contenders? Cleveland having Irving and love didn't along with the other completely new roster in Cleveland? Was kobe mentioned at all?

You must be kidding. Wade/Bosh didn't make them contenders last year, did it? Are they contenders this year? Well, let's look at it this way: Are the Heat likely to win a game vs the Spurs or GSW? No, so they aren't legitimate contenders. LeBron on the other hand can carry a team to at least a possibility of winning a few games such as he did last season.

Irving+Love+their roster today doesn't make them contenders, pal. They would be below quite a few teams (including Miami), because that team is filled with players who had never sniffed success outside of last season. BTW, Vegas had Cleveland as the favorites before Love was even on that team. That's how it works. LeBron is going to make a team much better at every facet of the game.

If you are denying that, please name me a player who has carried a team the way LeBron has. I expect a reply regarding that or else, you're just proving to me that you are a known hater.

nickdymez
12-16-2015, 03:06 PM
You must be kidding. Wade/Bosh didn't make them contenders last year, did it? Are they contenders this year? Well, let's look at it this way: Are the Heat likely to win a game vs the Spurs or GSW? No, so they aren't legitimate contenders. LeBron on the other hand can carry a team to at least a possibility of winning a few games such as he did last season.

Irving+Love+their roster today doesn't make them contenders, pal. They would be below quite a few teams (including Miami), because that team is filled with players who had never sniffed success outside of last season. BTW, Vegas had Cleveland as the favorites before Love was even on that team. That's how it works. LeBron is going to make a team much better at every facet of the game.

If you are denying that, please name me a player who has carried a team the way LeBron has. I expect a reply regarding that or else, you're just proving to me that you are a known hater.
You sound stupid as **** bro. You mean to tell me finals mvp, Dwayne Wade wouldn't have contended for a championship with bosh and another superstar back in 09 when they were in their primes? This is why this forum is trash, dumb ****

FlashBolt
12-16-2015, 03:12 PM
You sound stupid as **** bro. You mean to tell me finals mvp, Dwayne Wade wouldn't have contended for a championship with bosh and another superstar back in 09 when they were in their primes? This is why this forum is trash, dumb ****

They would have lost to whichever team LeBron was in.. Let's face it, you are in denial. You mean to tell me that Wade/Bosh would have beaten whichever team LeBron was in? Well, how did that work out for them when Wade/Bosh were playing terrible against the Pacers/Boston and LeBron had to turn in 40+ point performances to beat them? This forum is trash/dumb because you offer no substance in your post. I have legitimate arguments (Bosh was injured vs Pacers/few games vs Boston) and Wade was having issues with the coach. They probably wouldn't even get past the Bulls either. Wade started taking breaks because he had the luxury of LeBron on his team. Guaranteed his knees would have became a bigger long term issue had LeBron not carried that team while he was resting.

Funny how you ignored the question that I asked: Which player has carried a team more than LeBron? He turned the Cavs into a joke of a franchise after he left, he made Miami the instant favorites for four seasons in a row (five as well considering they were heading into last season as the favorites until LeBron left), he leaves Miami and goes to Cleveland <---( which played so bad they were the lottery team again), and then turned them into favorites. You can't name me a player so thus, you quoted Tredigs for no reason.

nickdymez
12-16-2015, 03:44 PM
Lebron lost five times in the finals. I'm done with you

Vee-Rex
12-16-2015, 04:17 PM

Four losses.

J_M_B
12-16-2015, 06:30 PM
Spo has mentioned numerous times that Whiteside had been on the team's radar for a few years, even said the team thought they blew it when Memphis signed him going into training camp, so it's possible that he would still be here. I do remember Dan LeBatard reporting that Miami had Pau Gasol committed before LeBron bailed (I know some won't find him credible).

Bosh was ready to take a pay cut again, so that opens up some extra cash, but I have no idea who they would've used the cap space on, maybe Ariza? Riley pushed for him hard. McRoberts is probably still here too, though I doubt Riley would've acquired Dragic. It'll be a similar situation to Phoenix with too many ball handlers, but I'll admit the fit would be better with LeBron.

Gasol
Bosh - McRoberts
LeBron
Wade
Chalmers

It's impossible to know for sure, especially with Riley, who is always looking to make a big splash.

FlashBolt
12-16-2015, 06:48 PM

Because he carried teams that weren't supposed to be there in the first place? Whatever you say, pal. Kobe wouldn't even sniff three NBA Finals without Shaq when he first played.

nickdymez
12-16-2015, 06:50 PM
Because he carried teams that weren't supposed to be there in the first place? Whatever you say, pal. Kobe wouldn't even sniff three NBA Finals without Shaq when he first played.
I said I'm done with you.......

FlashBolt
12-16-2015, 06:52 PM
I said I'm done with you.......

Then stop re-quoting me.

prodigy
12-17-2015, 04:00 AM

Thing is whiteside wouldn't help much vs a team like golden state where they are elite 3pt shooters. u need great wing defenders. Cavs and Delly/shump are what Lebron needs in playoffs. along with Love's and Irvings scoring

asandhu23
12-17-2015, 04:01 AM
Good old "What if" threads.

Bigbadmoffo
12-17-2015, 04:51 AM

I don't know but Durant on Miami or Cleveland would be instant contenders to me. Also Curry doesn't play with the caliber of players Lebron does and he seems to have won a title? Lebron is a great player but the fact that you make the teams he played for seem like trash is a joke. He's been in a weak conference with 1 to 2 all stars on both teams. Also didn't Wade win with an old shaq?

lakerfan85
12-17-2015, 10:42 AM
The three Cavs fans on PSD would still be in hiding..

Slug3
12-17-2015, 11:00 AM

I think its weird you say that and he has started the season off injured and not playing. We also don't know if he could or could not have played weeks ago.

Vee-Rex
12-17-2015, 12:10 PM
I think its weird you say that and he has started the season off injured and not playing. We also don't know if he could or could not have played weeks ago.

He started off injured from an injury in the finals. It happened to roll over into this season. Doesn't change the fact that he has been playing more and more games each season in his career.

Also, I follow him enough to know that he could have played weeks ago but the team is being super careful. All of last week he was begging the team to activate him, and on December 3rd (after bringing him along very slowly) he was cleared for full-court 5-on-5 full contact practice.

They've been basically trying to build his 'in-game' shape over the last 2 or 3 weeks, but physically and mentally he has pretty much been good for some time.

prodigy
12-18-2015, 03:00 AM
No rush to bring Irving back at all. Same with past years like Vee-Rex said. Cavs teams were bad, so why force Irving to play threw injury and possibly damage himself more?

Irving is injury prone, But he's been a lot better lately. Which is why the Injury in Finals what a tough one.

Bostonjorge
12-18-2015, 04:56 AM
They would have lost to whichever team LeBron was in.. Let's face it, you are in denial. You mean to tell me that Wade/Bosh would have beaten whichever team LeBron was in? Well, how did that work out for them when Wade/Bosh were playing terrible against the Pacers/Boston and LeBron had to turn in 40+ point performances to beat them? This forum is trash/dumb because you offer no substance in your post. I have legitimate arguments (Bosh was injured vs Pacers/few games vs Boston) and Wade was having issues with the coach. They probably wouldn't even get past the Bulls either. Wade started taking breaks because he had the luxury of LeBron on his team. Guaranteed his knees would have became a bigger long term issue had LeBron not carried that team while he was resting.

Funny how you ignored the question that I asked: Which player has carried a team more than LeBron? He turned the Cavs into a joke of a franchise after he left, he made Miami the instant favorites for four seasons in a row (five as well considering they were heading into last season as the favorites until LeBron left), he leaves Miami and goes to Cleveland <---( which played so bad they were the lottery team again), and then turned them into favorites. You can't name me a player so thus, you quoted Tredigs for no reason.

There are the 50 greatest players of all time and the next 10 that could pull this off. Go to a team with a establish star (wade/Irving) and add other star big man (bosh/love) and be a contender. Paul George left the Pacers and they became just as bad as Miami. Now George is back and so are the pacers. Give George any of those 4 and they are contenders. He took teams to the east finals who had no business being there.

As for the heat bosh got sick last year so heat still loses to GS easily. Plus whiteside wouldn't of got looked at because he can't spread the floor. Miami had to completely fall off to give whiteside his shot.

Chronz
12-18-2015, 05:11 PM
There are the 50 greatest players of all time and the next 10 that could pull this off. Go to a team with a establish star (wade/Irving) and add other star big man (bosh/love) and be a contender. Paul George left the Pacers and they became just as bad as Miami. Now George is back and so are the pacers. Give George any of those 4 and they are contenders. He took teams to the east finals who had no business being there.

As for the heat bosh got sick last year so heat still loses to GS easily. Plus whiteside wouldn't of got looked at because he can't spread the floor. Miami had to completely fall off to give whiteside his shot.
Based on what?
Pau would've signed to make up for Bosh
They still need a big to dive to the rim, Whiteside would've gotten a chance. Pacers lost more pieces and added more than pg.

Bostonjorge
12-18-2015, 06:13 PM
Based on what?
Pau would've signed to make up for Bosh
They still need a big to dive to the rim, Whiteside would've gotten a chance. Pacers lost more pieces and added more than pg.

If heat sign Paul then gurentee no whiteside. Contenders don't add D league players especially a C who don't fit James style of play. Gasol would of been the C and heat would of looked for a shooting PF or SF and have James play the 4. Especially when bosh went down mid season. When has James had it any other way? Excluding when love got hurt in the playoffs with less then a month of basketball.

Also you replace James and George and Cleveland sweeps the pacers. George would be in the finals this year and next while James in Indiana would be a non contender. Even tho pacers are 3 games behind Cleveland right now because of George and his playmakimg.

CHANGO
12-18-2015, 09:00 PM
If heat sign Paul then gurentee no whiteside. Contenders don't add D league players especially a C who don't fit James style of play. Gasol would of been the C and heat would of looked for a shooting PF or SF and have James play the 4. Especially when bosh went down mid season. When has James had it any other way? Excluding when love got hurt in the playoffs with less then a month of basketball.

Also you replace James and George and Cleveland sweeps the pacers. George would be in the finals this year and next while James in Indiana would be a non contender. Even tho pacers are 3 games behind Cleveland right now because of George and his playmakimg.

:facepalm:

You truly hate Lebron, don't ya?

LMAO at the "George Cavs" swipping the "Lebron Pacers".

CHANGO
12-18-2015, 09:02 PM
As for the question, Ray Ray would still be with the HEAT, maybe Gasol and McRoberts too, but obviously no Dragic or Deng.

It would be maybe the same outcome of last season with Lebron's team losing to the Warriors, or maybe not. We don't know. :smoking:

Arch Stanton
12-18-2015, 09:10 PM
The three Cavs fans on PSD would still be in hiding..

Right now we are hiding from the scary Lakers and their 4 wins. Terrified!!!!!!

Bostonjorge
12-18-2015, 10:41 PM
:facepalm:

You truly hate Lebron, don't ya?

LMAO at the "George Cavs" swipping the "Lebron Pacers".

Your joking right?

ewing
12-18-2015, 11:32 PM

I love this guy

Sanjay
12-19-2015, 08:16 PM
Right now we are hiding from the scary Lakers and their 4 wins. Terrified!!!!!!

Lakers aren't trying to win a championship...the Bronaliers are going to get beaten up in the Finals by the Warriors again...

Arch Stanton
12-19-2015, 09:02 PM
Lakers aren't trying to win a championship...the Bronaliers are going to get beaten up in the Finals by the Warriors again...

Well thank god they're not trying otherwise watch out league.

IKnowHoops
12-21-2015, 04:10 AM

Is Lebron gonna be the best player on the court again, followed by Andre Igadola?

IKnowHoops
12-21-2015, 04:27 AM
Enough to still come out of the east....and still lose to Golden State.

Hmmm, if Cavs are at full strength and Warriors loose Draymond, and Klay, I could see the Cavs sweeping. If both teams are fully healthy, its going to be a great series.

Sanjay
01-07-2016, 06:30 PM
Well thank god they're not trying otherwise watch out league.

Better to be rebuilding than not being able to beat the best team in the other conference...

FlashBolt
01-07-2016, 06:35 PM
I'm late to the partay but did someone just say Paul George with the Cavs would sweep LeBron in the Pacers? I'm not sure I read that correctly..

Sanjay
01-07-2016, 06:37 PM
Is Lebron gonna be the best player on the court again, followed by Andre Igadola?

In almost all circumstances I would not say the Finals MVP could not go to a player on the losing team, but I would not have had a problem with LeBron winning it the last two years because he was the best player by far.