PDA

View Full Version : Rajon Rondo: Anti-Gay slurs ?

basketballkitty
12-14-2015, 03:40 PM
Well, knowing his attitude and personality...I can believe it. But, even after his being kicked out of the game, if it is proven that he said what he said in the tunnel.....then I would suspend Rondo for at least 15 games. What say you ?

http://www.si.com/nba/2015/12/14/nba-referee-bill-kennedy-gay

5ass
12-14-2015, 03:53 PM
15 games? Wtf?

ewing
12-14-2015, 04:01 PM
Well, knowing his attitude and personality...I can believe it. But, even after his being kicked out of the game, if it is proven that he said what he said in the tunnel.....then I would suspend Rondo for at least 15 games. What say you ?

Whaaaaat?

Tony_Starks
12-14-2015, 04:14 PM
15 games?

Get outta here

Blue Seats
12-14-2015, 04:16 PM
Anyone using homophobic language is a punk, not a tough guy. This is 2015 -- the era for bigots and bullies is coming to an end or at least an end may be in sight. Anyone who thinks it's okay to throw that kind of language around has no clue.

Of course I expect to see it in the shadows of internet message boards and the like. But in the real world it no longer works, thank goodness.

ewing
12-14-2015, 04:17 PM
i love it when people tell me what year it is

chi-townlove1
12-14-2015, 04:20 PM
Just stop. You call a gay a gay. Does anyone have to agree or accept it? Not a chance. Let him say what he wants

Yanks All Day
12-14-2015, 04:22 PM
Bad word to use in general. But I think context and knowledge of the situation should dictate the terms of the suspension.

If Rondo didn't know the referee was a homosexual and was just mouthing off to argue with him, then I understand the 1 game. Like it or not, that's just a word used in society as an insult. I personally don't like it and feel it should be fazed out, but that's reality. If Rondo didn't know and was just arguing, then I'm fine with just 1 game.

However, if Rajon Rondo was aware that the referee was gay and intentionally chose that phrase, then I'd be more than comfortable with a ban of 5 or more games. That kind of behavior is unacceptable and should be made an example of, just in case it comes up in the future.

I'd be more inclined to think Rondo had no idea as to the ref's sexual preference and was just using the slur as a derogatory phrase while arguing with him. If that's the case, I'm ok with 1 game.

Chronz
12-14-2015, 04:22 PM
If true, its definitely worse than what Noah and Kobe did. They werent repeatedly using the slur to attack a ref, IIRC, Kobe just kind of said it in a heat of the moment and not really in a hateful way towards someone but I honestly dont remember. If Rondo is that much of the self appointed ******* he claims to be then a 15 game suspension would send quite the message against those of his ilk. I would lean more towards 5 games tho, if it was proven, he looks like a dick for denying and not apologizing like a true man, then again, maybe he means it and wants to hide like a true coward.

Who knows the truth tho? I dont know either of these guys or their history.

tp13baby
12-14-2015, 04:23 PM
Noah had a anti gay slur too once, i beleive he called a fan a fagot ( excuse my french, i really dont think much came of it, if this was rondo going after him and not just in the heat of the moment, something might come of it, if not, people say **** in games all the time. Gay or not. Dont get butt hurt about it. Unless it was at the ref in a personal manner. If nobody knows somebody is gay, and you call somebody a fagot, is it really that bad ???

This. I may get ridiculed for this but ****** in this day in age is not a term to describe a gay person. Today I can tell you gay people don't get call ******s cause their gay for the most part. If their is a word synonymously used with ****** its douchebag. Its like when people say that's ******** or "you're ********" Does it reflect one is actually impaired? No, many people use stupid and ******** synonymously. I have gay friends and I have a down syndrome cousin, I personally don't get mad or offended but a lot of people do.

Chronz
12-14-2015, 04:26 PM
This. I may get ridiculed for this but ****** in this day in age is not a term to describe a gay person. Today I can tell you gay people don't get call ******s cause their gay for the most part. If their is a word synonymously used with ****** its douchebag. Its like when people say that's ******** or "you're ********" Does it reflect one is actually impaired? No, many people use stupid and ******** synonymously. I have gay friends and I have a down syndrome cousin, I personally don't get mad or offended but a lot of people do.

Correct. Kobe said it in that manner where it was just something we grew up hearing/saying. I got drunk with my girls brother in law last xmas and I made the mistake of saying "Im not R-word bro" and he got pretty disjointed. I apologized for it because I've cared for those since grade school. I dont use it around him anymore but Im a fan of using words in different contextual manners, maybe I should stop tho.

Tony_Starks
12-14-2015, 04:27 PM
Bad word to use in general. But I think context and knowledge of the situation should dictate the terms of the suspension.

If Rondo didn't know the referee was a homosexual and was just mouthing off to argue with him, then I understand the 1 game. Like it or not, that's just a word used in society as an insult. I personally don't like it and feel it should be fazed out, but that's reality. If Rondo didn't know and was just arguing, then I'm fine with just 1 game.

However, if Rajon Rondo was aware that the referee was gay and intentionally chose that phrase, then I'd be more than comfortable with a ban of 5 or more games. That kind of behavior is unacceptable and should be made an example of, just in case it comes up in the future.

I'd be more inclined to think Rondo had no idea as to the ref's sexual preference and was just using the slur as a derogatory phrase while arguing with him. If that's the case, I'm ok with 1 game.

That's pretty much my take on it. Rondo was just going off and it so happens the dude was a actual honest to goodness homosexual.

The ref outing himself after actually drew more attention to it, had he not done that I think most people would've just thought Rondo being his typical jerk self and not batted a eyelash.

Chronz
12-14-2015, 04:30 PM
i love it when people tell me what year it is

Its relevant, times are in fact changing in terms of self awareness. NBA Cares, the Dress cose are prominent examples and they've actually worked, its helped changed the perception of the league.

AllBall
12-14-2015, 04:32 PM
I think Adam Silver rules swiftly and justly. I agree with the current punishment handed and it is adequate.

ewing
12-14-2015, 04:34 PM
Its relevant, times are in fact changing in terms of self awareness. NBA Cares, the Dress cose are prominent examples and they've actually worked, its helped changed the perception of the league.

Rondo seems like a dick. so do guys that tell me what year it is or let me that I'm "real mature".

Phantom Dreamer
12-14-2015, 04:37 PM
Just stop. You call a gay a gay. Does anyone have to agree or accept it? Not a chance. Let him say what he wantsKeep on living in that bubble, dude.

Tony_Starks
12-14-2015, 04:51 PM
The dude later came out the closet and said he's homosexual. My question is did Rondo really know he was gay already? I'm thinking he just called him a f @ggot because he was pissed he was calling a bad game....?

It was known around the league that he was gay. Tim Donaghy ratted him out on his book "personal foul". He just decided to publicly come out now to get rondo into more trouble.

Was it? I didn't know that.

If it was a well known fact that takes on an entire different connotation...

ewing
12-14-2015, 04:55 PM
Was it? I didn't know that.

If it was a well known fact that takes on an entire different connotation...

Yeah, Rondo is a dick and says mean things. I am sure this isn't the first time an NBA player has gone over the line personally attacking a ref. Rondo earned his ejection and has likely earned his unlikable/uncoachable rep around the league. The rest is soap boxing

Chronz
12-14-2015, 05:04 PM
Rondo seems like a dick. so do guys that tell me what year it is or let me that I'm "real mature".

I dont see the connection. Pompous maybe but a dick? How can you be a dick for stating that times are changing? Rondo would've gotten away with this in the pre social media days, maybe before the internet days, but you cant afford to enrage the gays man, too many non-gays care more now IMO.

ATX
12-14-2015, 05:06 PM
Rondo is such a cancer to the league and ultimately to humanity. Does anyone in the league like this guy? He's always been a douchebag and his latest comments just further illustrate his idiocy and douchebaggery. If it weren't for his mediocre skills he'd be out of a job so fast. I'm not sure of his punishment, but I'm sure it's not enough. He is not a statesman of the league, but rather a cancer who embarrasses not only himself, his teammates, and the league, but NBA fans across the world as well.

Chronz
12-14-2015, 05:09 PM
Yeah, Rondo is a dick and says mean things. I am sure this isn't the first time an NBA player has gone over the line personally attacking a ref. Rondo earned his ejection and has likely earned his unlikable/uncoachable rep around the league. The rest is soap boxing

Where are these other players getting outed? I've seen Blake get ejected for trashing refs, usually their perceived incompetence. I remember it was a big deal when someone called out that female ref for having to learn her job or whatever, I've never heard a player get called out for something like this. Not in the "NBA Cares" era thats for sure.

ewing
12-14-2015, 05:27 PM
Where are these other players getting outed? I've seen Blake get ejected for trashing refs, usually their perceived incompetence. I remember it was a big deal when someone called out that female ref for having to learn her job or whatever, I've never heard a player get called out for something like this. Not in the "NBA Cares" era thats for sure.

The low blow isn't always related to the marginalized group you happen to be a member of. Are Rondo comments any worse the KG taking about how someone wife's box taste? or taking a cancer shot at Timmy on Mother's day? He isn't first player to cross the line and say some dickish thing to a ref. He also wont be the last

RLundi
12-14-2015, 05:33 PM
15-game suspension, what are you, gay?

Tony_Starks
12-14-2015, 05:36 PM

The low blow isn't always related to the marginalized group you happen to be a member of. Are Rondo comments any worse the KG taking about how someone wife's box taste? or taking a cancer shot Timmy on Mother's day? He isn't first player to cross the line and say some dickness thing to a ref. He also wont be the last

I think you're missing the point. Him being a dick is irrelevant, you're not allowed to be perceived as anything close to "homophobic" in today's society/ NBA. From a PR standpoint the NBA is always going to take a hard stance on that one, or they run the risk of appearing "intolerant."

The good ol days of telling a dude to stop acting like a f ag are long gone, you can't even get away with that working at Walmart.

Now whether that is right or not? Well.........

Saddletramp
12-14-2015, 06:03 PM
I disagree. Just like the word "gay" has added (even hijacked) meaning from when my parents used the word, the word "f*ggot" means more than just "a homosexual person".

It's just like with stats. If we don't look at things in CONTEXT, we end up looking naive. Now then, if Rondo really meant he was a homosexual in a derogatory way, I understand why you mentioned the world and the bigots in it. I don't think Rondo is a bigot, just an idiot.

Having said all this, I do not defend Rondo, I don't like Rondo, and he has to realize he plays in the NBA... they don't tolerate these actions.

The context he used was angrily calling his arbitrator a "mother****ing ******". So yeah, that's wrong and anytime you angrily call someone that, it's wrong. And according to that, the N word has taken on a whole new meaning in the past couple hundred years. Does that matter today?

And you need to use context yourself. Comparing hate speech to stats makes you look naive.

flea
12-14-2015, 06:05 PM
Lmao at giving a player a "timeout" for saying words. We've let the censorship go this far though, no reason not to take it to fascist levels in the future. It's 2015 after all, the era of people acting or thinking differently is over. Sure Rondo is a little punk for it but you most be so insecure in your beliefs if you need to publicly ridicule and punish people for innocuous slights.

5ass
12-14-2015, 06:21 PM
Just wait till 2025 when people sill be sent to prison for calling someone a fat ***.

da ThRONe
12-14-2015, 06:26 PM
Anyone using homophobic language is a punk, not a tough guy. This is 2015 -- the era for bigots and bullies is coming to an end or at least an end may be in sight. Anyone who thinks it's okay to throw that kind of language around has no clue.

Of course I expect to see it in the shadows of internet message boards and the like. But in the real world it no longer works, thank goodness.

You PC bro? Sorry I had too. Lol

With words much like all things context has to be factored in. What a word meant or stood for 10 years ago could mean something completely different now. People are way to sensitive and it's hurting us as a culture. Again it's one thing saying to a person who's a know homosexual ****** as opposed to using it in a different context meaning something different. Running around being a word police does far more harm to either side.

da ThRONe
12-14-2015, 06:31 PM
The context he used was angrily calling his arbitrator a "mother****ing ******". So yeah, that's wrong and anytime you angrily call someone that, it's wrong. And according to that, the N word has taken on a whole new meaning in the past couple hundred years. Does that matter today?

And you need to use context yourself. Comparing hate speech to stats makes you look naive.

Actually the " N" word has changed. As does all things. Unfortunately we live in such a world were people are conditioned to take offense in everything and conform to whatever they are told to do.

Saddletramp
12-14-2015, 06:50 PM
Actually the " N" word has changed. As does all things. Unfortunately we live in such a world were people are conditioned to take offense in everything and conform to whatever they are told to do.

That's my point. Usually a word is just a word, until it changes due to various factors. The N word changed, as has ***-got. Most other words, it's context, but not all.

I agree that the PC Police are getting out of hand these days but some words shouldn't be used at all by certain people. You want to dress up like Pocahontas for Halloween? Cool. The Dukes of Hazzard gets taken off the air because of the Confederate flag on the General Lee? That's dumb. But there's still a team called the Redskins that's based in the national capital of the country that killed, raped and displaced "those people"? That's seriously ****ed up. And angrily calling a guy who arbitrates your actions a "mother****ing ******" is across the line whether he is what you describe him as or not. Every single time.

Some people are morons and do this type of stuff. Don't be a moron.

Saddletramp
12-14-2015, 06:52 PM
Sexual preference is not an ethnicity. Do not go there.

We really need to move these types of threads to a different section. Can't open this can of worms.

basketballkitty
12-14-2015, 06:53 PM
Sexual preference is not an ethnicity. Do not go there.

One does not choose to be gay....just like being Black....they're BORN that way. That is a undeniable scientific FACT! So......DO NOT GO THERE!!

Saddletramp
12-14-2015, 06:55 PM
^Dang it. Can of worms opened.

8kobe24
12-14-2015, 07:08 PM
^Dang it. Can of worms opened.

lol... one's opinion will always differ from Facts.

nycericanguy
12-14-2015, 07:12 PM
Oh great now the PC forced apology and news conference.

This is all getting silly. Let Rondo apologize to Bill face to face like a man if he wants to and if he means it.

I hate all this making spectacles out of things just to have PCness.

nycericanguy
12-14-2015, 07:15 PM
2015, the year everything was racist and everyone's feelings were hurt.

Call me crazy, I'm hispanic and if someone calls me a SPIC or wetback.. I don't need or want an apology, especially a forced one.

On a day to day basis very few of us experience any kind of racism or discrimination anymore, especially in big cities.

8kobe24
12-14-2015, 07:17 PM
Rondo said ****** to a guy that was actually gay, that came out publicly that he is gay because he got called a ******. Whether Rondo meant harm to the homosexual community Idc... doesn't mean what he said is right. For the homosexuals out there that felt offended, go throw some eggs at his house. For the NBA, Suspend him for 2-3 games with no pay, and fine him 100k like Kobe and call it a day. You can't stop anyone from saying what they want to say. Heck, kids today are still using the word "******" in relation to someone being a punk. Like it or not, the word will not go away for awhile.

All I can say is, Kennedy will no longer be a recipient of friendly butt slaps from players lmao

nycericanguy
12-14-2015, 07:20 PM
Just wait till 2025 when people sill be sent to prison for calling someone a fat ***.

and the fat kid will commit suicide because kids cant handle being bullied anymore. Not like the old days where you got your *** beat, learned from it and manned up the next time.

8kobe24
12-14-2015, 07:24 PM
and the fat kid will commit suicide because kids cant handle being bullied anymore. Not like the old days where you got your *** beat, learned from it and manned up the next time.

This generation is being taught to be mentally weak.

Tony_Starks
12-14-2015, 07:28 PM
Is it just me or does this whole thing have hilarious South Park episode written all over it....

chi-townlove1
12-14-2015, 08:43 PM
This generation is so weak. Ahhhh I'm embarrassed to be a part of it!!! I'm 22 and I do my absolute best to treat this country like my parents and grandparents did. But everyone is so soft! Everyone is so sensitive! And everyone thinks we're all racists and bigots!!! Someone come to the aid of this country, please!

Tony_Starks
12-14-2015, 09:55 PM
This generation is so weak. Ahhhh I'm embarrassed to be a part of it!!! I'm 22 and I do my absolute best to treat this country like my parents and grandparents did. But everyone is so soft! Everyone is so sensitive! And everyone thinks we're all racists and bigots!!! Someone come to the aid of this country, please!

You're 22 and at least you get it. Sad to say a lot people almost double your age don't and are caught up in being part of the outrage committee.....

Redrum187
12-14-2015, 09:56 PM

Why does it make me look naive to compare looking at a small picture without any sort of context? I proved how they are similar, in that if you don't apply the appropriate context within stats, they are meaningless. Just as looking at the content and not the context changes the insult Rondo gave.

What's strange is you actually do see the contextual difference. You agree Rondo said it out of anger... I even said he did... The reason this is a story is because people are trying to apply homosexual hatred to what Rondo said... I've read your posts on here and I know you're intelligent enough to understand and comprehend the difference.

As for the "N" word taking on additional meanings, of course it matters today. Why WOULDN'T it matter??? Once again, when determining if someone is insulting someone else using the "N" word, one has to look at context. =/

Saddletramp
12-14-2015, 10:19 PM
Why does it make me look naive to compare looking at a small picture without any sort of context? I proved how they are similar, in that if you don't apply the appropriate context within stats, they are meaningless. Just as looking at the content and not the context changes the insult Rondo gave.

What's strange is you actually do see the contextual difference. You agree Rondo said it out of anger... I even said he did... The reason this is a story is because people are trying to apply homosexual hatred to what Rondo said... I've read your posts on here and I know you're intelligent enough to understand and comprehend the difference.

As for the "N" word taking on additional meanings, of course it matters today. Why WOULDN'T it matter??? Once again, when determining if someone is insulting someone else using the "N" word, one has to look at context. =/

The only way context would matter is if it's a private conversation among friends. If you're alone with someone you really care about and call him a mfing f than cool. Other than that? No. Context does not matter. The word is a cutdown and is only used to cut some one down. I honestly don't know how or why this could ever be contextually mistaken. There is literally zero ways Rondo can say that to him that wouldn't be offensive. Angrily or not, the ref being gay or not, in private or out on the court. There's zero non offensive ways to say that.

Hitz_em_up
12-14-2015, 10:38 PM
Long time visitor, first time posting. lol 15 games you serious? Sure hurtful words shouldn't be in the game but what ever happened to the sticks n stones thing lol

blahblahyoutoo
12-14-2015, 10:45 PM
Just stop. You call a gay a gay. Does anyone have to agree or accept it? Not a chance. Let him say what he wants

I call Rudy that every time I'm watching the kings games.

Ty22Mitchell
12-14-2015, 10:57 PM
I didn't know people still exist that believe sexual preference is a choice. Wow. Just, wow. lol.

JWorthy42
12-14-2015, 11:13 PM
15 game suspension? Man, thats just gay.

More-Than-Most
12-14-2015, 11:22 PM
I honestly dont think 15 games is extreme... This is a business... If this were a white gay saying the N word everyone would want him convicted of a life sentence... This type of stuff has no place in the NBA and the gay slurs are just as bad as the racial ones sorry.

He followed him up the tunnel calling him gay slurs and a bully... Does he not realize this is bullying? This is a business and this is harassment to such a high level... I hope eventually we ban people from all leagues who act like morons... This isnt a slip up... This is targeting and bigotry and harassment.

Again if a white player followed Rondo up the tunnel calling him all types of racist remarks he would be tossed out of the NBA... This is just as severe and he should be made an example out of. Playing in the NBA is a privilege... They shouldnt even allow this kind of moron in the NBA.

Chronz
12-15-2015, 12:52 AM
https://twitter.com/TimBontemps/status/676551592066191361

Pop shares his thoughts. Unsurprisingly, he finds it disgusting. Combined with his own team apologizing for him. Rondo should be fined heavily

Redrum187
12-15-2015, 01:08 AM
The only way context would matter is if it's a private conversation among friends. If you're alone with someone you really care about and call him a mfing f than cool. Other than that? No. Context does not matter. The word is a cutdown and is only used to cut some one down. I honestly don't know how or why this could ever be contextually mistaken. There is literally zero ways Rondo can say that to him that wouldn't be offensive. Angrily or not, the ref being gay or not, in private or out on the court. There's zero non offensive ways to say that.

We both agree he was "offensive" and spoke out, out of anger. No argument or debate there.

Context matters period; be it with just your close friends or in public. If Rajon Rondo hired a private investigator and found out that the ref was homosexual, and he wanted to expose him in a derogatory manner by calling him a "mother-- f", then that insult applies to a group of people, with emphasis on the ref. Now then, if he had no idea and called him that, context ought to give Rondo the benefit of the doubt in that he was only personally attacking/offending/disrespecting one individual (as opposed to an entire group of people). I'm not making the case Rondo wasn't offensive (if you even reread my post that you responded to, you'll see I said he was offensive/wrong for doing that in the NBA). I' am, however, making the case that I don't think this has anything to do with bigotry on Rondo's part.

ewing
12-15-2015, 01:10 AM
Rondo is a dick. He got tossed and made it worse by hitting the ref below the belt afterward. I am sure without the horse and pony show he wasn't going to get many calls from Billy next time they ran into each other and others in the officiating ranks would have given Rondo a hard time as well but thats not how things work these days. Rondo tried as hard as he could to run himself out of Boston when they were good. Ran himself out of Dallas which should have been a good place for him and is stuck playing on the Kings with DC as a result. Sorry, i don't get the whole you can make your own bed for being a dick for everything but this kind of stuff. I find it this horse and pony show stupid. Rondo didn't beat Billy up for being gay he was just an *******

ewing
12-15-2015, 01:12 AM
https://twitter.com/TimBontemps/status/676551592066191361

Pop shares his thoughts. Unsurprisingly, he finds it disgusting. Combined with his own team apologizing for him. Rondo should be fined heavily

Pop is right. Rondo is an *******.

soundjunkies2
12-15-2015, 01:32 AM
When you call a coworker, who happens to be gay, a "mother****ing Fa**et," yeah you're going to get backlash for it. Why is that so hard to understand?

Chronz
12-15-2015, 01:35 AM
Pop is right. Rondo is an *******.

Not sure what you're saying under those *** but whatever it is, Im sure we've all known that for a very long time. This is still new heights of ******************** for him. I thought this report said Rondo denied the accusation, yet his own team is apologizing for his actions. If the Kings had any semblance of self respect, they would suspend him themselves.

I dont want to put this level of bigotry on par with racism (even though I should) but how is this much different than the Sterling saga? Maybe in a few years it will be on equal footing but racism has left deeper wounds

Saddletramp
12-15-2015, 01:40 AM
We both agree he was "offensive" and spoke out, out of anger. No argument or debate there.

Context matters period; be it with just your close friends or in public. If Rajon Rondo hired a private investigator and found out that the ref was homosexual, and he wanted to expose him in a derogatory manner by calling him a "mother-- f", then that insult applies to a group of people, with emphasis on the ref. Now then, if he had no idea and called him that, context ought to give Rondo the benefit of the doubt in that he was only personally attacking/offending/disrespecting one individual (as opposed to an entire group of people). I'm not making the case Rondo wasn't offensive (if you even reread my post that you responded to, you'll see I said he was offensive/wrong for doing that in the NBA). I' am, however, making the case that I don't think this has anything to do with bigotry on Rondo's part.

As for the quoted......are you serious? He verbally attacked a guy and called him a harsh term, denigrating an entire group of people by that label that is offensive to them and as long as Rondo didn't know he was one of those people it was ok?

As has been said before, if Rondo was white and chased him down and called him a mother****ing n-word then it wouldn't be offensive if the ref was white if Rondo was mad? In getting mad at someone because you disagree with them or think they wronged you, you think it's ok to call them a derogatory name to denigrate them and it's not offensive if they are not what that term has come to represent?

That's the most offensive thing said in this thread and it includes a guy calling another guy a mother****ing ******.

Chronz
12-15-2015, 01:40 AM
We've always known Sterling was racist, it wasn't until he was openly racist that we've had enough. This is Rondo's first offense I guess but this is equally bad given hes been dishonest about it. Do we forgive him more because it was a heat in the moment or because its not really in the act?

Chronz
12-15-2015, 01:42 AM
Rondo is a dick. He got tossed and made it worse by hitting the ref below the belt afterward. I am sure without the horse and pony show he wasn't going to get many calls from Billy next time they ran into each other and the others in the officiating ranks would have given Rondo a hard time as well but thats not how things work these days. Rondo tried as hard as he could to run himself out of Boston when they were good. Ran himself out of Dallas which should have been a good place for him and is stuck playing on the Kings with DC as a result. Sorry, i don't get the whole you can make your own bed for being a dick for everything but this kind of stuff. I find it this horse and pony show stupid. Rondo didn't beat Billy up for being gay he was just and *******

Times have changed. This is 2015 bro.... you really dont get it. Sterling didn't beat anyone up either, he lost his NBA TEAM for WORDS.

Saddletramp
12-15-2015, 01:47 AM
Seriously, what would be said if after Kelly Olynyk ripped Kevin Love's arm halfway off Love chased Olynyk down and called him a mother****ing n-word? Would it be ok because Olynyk is a white dude? Or would Love get heat for it?

You're basically saying that you can put down a whole group of people by calling someone you disagree with that derogatory name and it's cool as long as that person isn't actually a part of that group or you didn't know that they were. That' bigotry is on another level.

"All the other ******s out there? I'm not talking about them so they shouldn't be offended. The guy I called a ****** (and he isn't or I didn't know that he is) shouldn't be offended because I'm not putting him down for what I called him. I'm using that term to disrespect him because I'm mad at him. But I'm not, you know, disrespecting those other ******s because I'm not specifically attacking them.........directly." WTDF?

Saddletramp
12-15-2015, 01:49 AM
As far as the whole Sterling thing goes, it just proves that blackmail still works.

Chronz
12-15-2015, 01:52 AM
Seriously, what would be said if after Kelly Olynyk ripped Kevin Love's arm halfway off Love chased Olynyk down and called him a mother****ing n-word? Would it be ok because Olynyk is a white dude? Or would Love get heat for it?

You're basically saying that you can put down a whole group of people by calling someone you disagree with that derogatory name and it's cool as long as that person isn't actually a part of that group or you didn't know that they were. That' bigotry is on another level.

I guess the difference is some of us (lots of us) have been using words like this is R-Word or this is gay as negatives, whereas calling someone the N word is very specific. tho I have seen it used in a similar fashion, I just dont think we're as accustomed to that sort of insult since it rarely matches up. Then again, that could change in a few years. Times are always changing, in a few years we (non gays) wont be able to utter the word the same way white people dont use the N word

Saddletramp
12-15-2015, 01:59 AM
I guess the difference is some of us (lots of us) have been using words like this is R-Word or this is gay as negatives, whereas calling someone the N word is very specific. tho I have seen it used in a similar fashion, I just dont think we're as accustomed to that sort of insult since it rarely matches up. Then again, that could change in a few years. Times are always changing, in a few years we (non gays) wont be able to utter the word the same way white people dont use the N word

We're already at that time and we've been here awhile. What Rondo did is hate speech. It's the exact same thing. Boiling a person down to a specific term in anger is the verbal equivalent to assault due to a person's race, creed or religion. N-word, f-word or what have you.

Chronz
12-15-2015, 02:12 AM
As far as the whole Sterling thing goes, it just proves that blackmail still works.
People usually get a choice in blackmail. Like, do this or I will release this tape. What happened to Sterling was more like entrapment, in the court of law you cant really tape someone without their consent, but in public opinion, it was all we needed to remove him. Its why Sterling was so surprised by his situation, he knows the law inside-out but was unaware to the changing of his time.

Like that poster said, this is 2015 people. Much easier to get your message across today.

Chronz
12-15-2015, 02:13 AM
We're already at that time and we've been here awhile. What Rondo did is hate speech. It's the exact same thing. Boiling a person down to a specific term in anger is the verbal equivalent to assault due to a person's race, creed or religion. N-word, f-word or what have you.

In the heat of the moment is the only excuse I can think of. We all do stupid things in anger, what makes it bad is that Rondo refuses to apologize yet his team has done so for him. Dude needs to be suspended for sure.

Saddletramp
12-15-2015, 02:19 AM
In the heat of the moment is the only excuse I can think of. We all do stupid things in anger, what makes it bad is that Rondo refuses to apologize yet his team has done so for him. Dude needs to be suspended for sure.

In the heat of the moment is how we are sometimes judged. It's not against the law to think these things, but to act out on them is pretty telling. Also telling is his denial if he said these things and is denying them.

Redrum187
12-15-2015, 02:19 AM
As for the quoted......are you serious? He verbally attacked a guy and called him a harsh term, denigrating an entire group of people by that label that is offensive to them and as long as Rondo didn't know he was one of those people it was ok?

I've never said it was "okay". On the contrary, I said it isn't okay. The not knowing if the ref was really gay or not is part of the context... I give him the benefit of the doubt that he had no idea he was gay, and as a result, he didn't attach a bigoted context (towards homosexuals) to his insult. Instead, the word, which can also be used to derogatorily label a homosexual person, takes on an entirely new meaning (a meaning that has nothing to do with homosexuality). It's not that it's "okay" to insult someone if they didn't know, it's that you can't say he is a bigot for calling him that. Huge distinction.

As has been said before, if Rondo was white and chased him down and called him a mother****ing n-word then it wouldn't be offensive if the ref was white if Rondo was mad? In getting mad at someone because you disagree with them or think they wronged you, you think it's ok to call them a derogatory name to denigrate them and it's not offensive if they are not what that term has come to represent?

You're mistaken when you think I'm saying "it's not offensive." I'll repeat for the 3rd time... it's offensive regardless. If the ref was white and Rondo called him a mother -- n word, context would tell me that Rondo isn't racist against blacks because he called a white ref that. It, nevertheless, is still offensive to call a white guy the n word. It's just not a racist insult.

The theme, if you can't get it by now, is that his insult was offensive, but NOT prejudice or directed towards anyone for the reason of being a homosexual, as opposed to the insult being prejudice and bigoted towards homosexuals. Not all insults are equal.

JasonJohnHorn
12-15-2015, 02:21 AM
Don't approve of this. Do need some context and would like to know the intent.

Rondo should know better. Guys like Kobe and Noah (I believe) have used this word on the court. Not appropriate. At all.

That said, there is a different social context to this term in sports (though grown men shouldn't be allowed this excuse). When you see kids on the playground, you might here them use this term as a means to insult or feminize their opponent. It may not mean to them what it means in a broader social context. That is to say, they may not mean it to insult homosexuals, but merely to feminize their guy they are playing against, much like the 'throw like a girl' comments one might get. Obviously STILL very wrong, but there are others who use that word specifically to express their hatred for homosexuals and who seek to hurt them with that word. To me, that is way worse. They are BOTH HORRIBLE. But I've heard the former usage from people I know to be forward thinking, and they simply absorb the cheap (and I do mean cheap) trash talk culture and don't intend anything else (though that is not an excuse for using that word).

To be consistent the league may have to give Rondo whatever they gave Kobe, but if they can establish a difference between the two, then they'd have a case for giving him a longer suspension.

Redrum187
12-15-2015, 02:36 AM

"All the other ******s out there? I'm not talking about them so they shouldn't be offended. The guy I called a ****** (and he isn't or I didn't know that he is) shouldn't be offended because I'm not putting him down for what I called him. I'm using that term to disrespect him because I'm mad at him. But I'm not, you know, disrespecting those other ******s because I'm not specifically attacking them.........directly." WTDF?

1.) Love should be punished in some fashion for explicitly insulting Olynyk. It wouldn't make Love racist in my opinion. Context would show that Olynyk is white, thereby disqualifying him from being the target/victim of the n word in the manner you're meaning it (a black person).

2.) Because Olynyk is white, and Love called him the n word, the n word has a new meaning (irrelevant of race). Possible meanings from the context (his arm being ripped off and Olynyk being white) could be: d-bag, b, ahole, a piece of s, bastard, inconsiderate prick, etc... When black people eat chili and they say "pass the crackers please", it has absolutely nothing to do with racism. Context shows they are eating chili, there are edible ritz crackers on the table, and there isn't a white person in site...

3.) If people are offended because Love called him the n word, they have every right to be offended. They can ignore context and think Love is truly racist and that he thinks Olynyk has vitiligo (like Michael Jackson). I would argue the people are hyper-sensitive if they make Love's insult about race. I would argue Love ought NOT to call Olynyk that because society gets offended easily and has a difficult time looking at context, and instead, focus on content. It would be best that he calls him a different insult, or not call him one at all.

Chronz
12-15-2015, 02:37 AM
Don't approve of this. Do need some context and would like to know the intent.

Rondo should know better. Guys like Kobe and Noah (I believe) have used this word on the court. Not appropriate. At all.

That said, there is a different social context to this term in sports (though grown men shouldn't be allowed this excuse). When you see kids on the playground, you might here them use this term as a means to insult or feminize their opponent. It may not mean to them what it means in a broader social context. That is to say, they may not mean it to insult homosexuals, but merely to feminize their guy they are playing against, much like the 'throw like a girl' comments one might get. Obviously STILL very wrong, but there are others who use that word specifically to express their hatred for homosexuals and who seek to hurt them with that word. To me, that is way worse. They are BOTH HORRIBLE. But I've heard the former usage from people I know to be forward thinking, and they simply absorb the cheap (and I do mean cheap) trash talk culture and don't intend anything else (though that is not an excuse for using that word).

To be consistent the league may have to give Rondo whatever they gave Kobe, but if they can establish a difference between the two, then they'd have a case for giving him a longer suspension.

Yeah context is the difference here. Kobe said it as 2nd nature in the heat of the moment, Rondo said it knowing the guy would be offended precisely because he was gay. Still in the moment but clearly much more hateful. Kobe also apologized, Rondo denied and saw his team step up for him.

Saddletramp
12-15-2015, 02:39 AM
I've never said it was "okay". On the contrary, I said it isn't okay. The not knowing if the ref was really gay or not is part of the context... I give him the benefit of the doubt that he had no idea he was gay, and as a result, he didn't attach a bigoted context (towards homosexuals) to his insult.

But whether he knew or not, he's still saying a derogatory term. Either way, it's offensive to "those people". And since Kennedy is a gay man, it's of course offensive. If a straight person angrily called me a mfing f in the heat of the moment, I'd be offended that he thought that what I was doing put him in the mind to angrily call me a derogatory name. That he calls me something he thinks is obviously awful because he's mad at me is just as bad whether I am or not. How do you not get this?

Instead, the word, which can also be used to derogatorily label a homosexual person,

Don't feed me this garbage. We all know that the word ****** is now only a derogatory name for a homosexual.

takes on an entirely new meaning (a meaning that has nothing to do with homosexuality). It's not that it's "okay" to insult someone if they didn't know, it's that you can't say he is a bigot for calling him that. Huge distinction.

Of course it makes him a bigot. Rondo was mad and called this guy an offensive name. Rondo could've called the manliest man of all time a mfing f and it would be derogatory. Sometimes it's not the word itself, it's your connotation. "I'm angry at you, so I'm going to lump you in with that group of people who I obviously think is of low standards." Again, how is this an actual argument?

You're mistaken when you think I'm saying "it's not offensive." I'll repeat for the 3rd time... it's offensive regardless. If the ref was white and Rondo called him a mother -- n word, context would tell me that Rondo isn't racist against blacks because he called a white ref that. It, nevertheless, is still offensive to call a white guy the n word. It's just not a racist insult.

The theme, if you can't get it by now, is that his insult was offensive, but NOT prejudice or directed towards anyone for the reason of being a homosexual, as opposed to the insult being prejudice and bigoted towards homosexuals. Not all insults are equal.

and you obviously don't get it, if you're mad at a guy and lump him in with a group you deem to be lesser than others, than you are a bigot, regardless of that guy is actually a part of that group or not.

If it were two white straight guys it'd be like if the pissed off guy said "I can't believe you did this to me, you're no better than a ****ing n----r. I want to show you that I'm angry so I'm going to call you a derogatory name."

Oh, and especially if it was in Donaghy's book, but these guys talk and they know what's what and who's who. It might not be talked about openly in the press but these guys probably know. Assuming he said this, he knew Kennedy is a homosexual.

Saddletramp
12-15-2015, 02:54 AM
1.) Love should be punished in some fashion for explicitly insulting Olynyk. It wouldn't make Love racist in my opinion. Context would show that Olynyk is white, thereby disqualifying him from being the target/victim of the n word in the manner you're meaning it (a black person).

If Love called him a "jerk", it'd hold the same weight? Of course not. I'm beginning to wonder about you......

2.) Because Olynyk is white, and Love called him the n word, the n word has a new meaning (irrelevant of race). Possible meanings from the context (his arm being ripped off and Olynyk being white) could be: d-bag, b, ahole, a piece of s, bastard, inconsiderate prick, etc...

So Love would be using it to offend and cut down Olynyk yet it's not racially charged? "I think you're an inconsiderate prick, like a ******" isn't racially charged? Don't think I'm wondering anymore.......

When black people eat chili and they say "pass the crackers please", it has absolutely nothing to do with racism. Context shows they are eating chili, there are edible ritz crackers on the table, and there isn't a white person in site...

This is idiotic and the exact opposite of what we're talking about. I thought you were smarter than this but I guess I overestimated you.

3.) If people are offended because Love called him the n word, they have every right to be offended. They can ignore context and think Love is truly racist and that he thinks Olynyk has vitiligo (like Michael Jackson). I would argue the people are hyper-sensitive if they make Love's insult about race. I would argue Love ought NOT to call Olynyk that because society gets offended easily and has a difficult time looking at context, and instead, focus on content. It would be best that he calls him a different insult, or not call him one at all.

This site refers to context too much. This isn't an instance where "context" should be used. You're just trying to defend his language. And you've made yourself sound like a bigot in doing so. I really overestimated you.

Redrum187
12-15-2015, 02:58 AM
But whether he knew or not, he's still saying a derogatory term. Either way, it's offensive to "those people". And since Kennedy is a gay man, it's of course offensive. If a straight person angrily called me a mfing f in the heat of the moment, I'd be offended that he thought that what I was doing put him in the mind to angrily call me a derogatory name. That he calls me something he thinks is obviously awful because he's mad at me is just as bad whether I am or not. How do you not get this?

I'm not arguing that "Rondo never said a derogatory term." The term, by definition, IS 100% derogatory for it's predominant (not exclusive) meaning towards homosexuals. You're upset because he's verbally attacking you, not because he genuinely thinks you're a homosexual... unless you suspect that is the reason he's calling you that.

Don't feed me this garbage. We all know that the word ****** is now only a derogatory name for a homosexual.

Garbage? The term is predominantly used with a homosexual connotation, but it is also used as an insult irrelevant of sexual orientation. Just like the n word... It CAN, and often is, used to identify a black person, but many times someone calls someone that word and it has nothing to do with race.

Of course it makes him a bigot. Rondo was mad and called this guy an offensive name. Rondo could've called the manliest man of all time a mfing f and it would be derogatory. Sometimes it's not the word itself, it's your connotation. "I'm angry at you, so I'm going to lump you in with that group of people who I obviously think is of low standards." Again, how is this an actual argument?

It makes Rondo a bigot of that particular ref... Unless Rondo knew he was gay and his heart had disdain for his sexual orientation, I can't in good conscience assume Rondo is a bigot of homosexuals.

With the bolded part, I actually agree with you. I think if Rondo has that opinion of gay people in the back of his mind, you might have a case against him that the insult was homosexual in nature. I guess only Rondo knows for sure... I just didn't see any other information to make me assume Rondo has disdain towards homosexuals deep within his heart.

and you obviously don't get it, if you're mad at a guy and lump him in with a group you deem to be lesser than others, than you are a bigot, regardless of that guy is actually a part of that group or not.

As said above, I agree more than I disagree with that. I apparently don't know Rondo very well... or at least as well as you know him and his heart. I have gay friends who call straight (and other gay people) the f word (homosexual). They do it without any sort of negative connotation... similarly to black people calling each other the n word. I don't think they hate gays, nor do I think black people hate blacks for using their respective words.

If it were two white straight guys it'd be like if the pissed off guy said "I can't believe you did this to me, you're no better than a ****ing n----r. I want to show you that I'm angry so I'm going to call you a derogatory name."

Insults are repeated and spread like wildfire, especially with the social networking we have today. I think you're 100% correct in that there are some people who truly think the way you depicted in the quotes. However, maybe I'm naive in thinking they are the minority and that the people uses the regurgitated insults are doing it without any thought of black people (or homosexuals when they use the f word).

Oh, and especially if it was in Donaghy's book, but these guys talk and they know what's what and who's who. It might not be talked about openly in the press but these guys probably know. Assuming he said this, he knew Kennedy is a homosexual.

If this is the case and Rondo knew, I'd lean towards his insult having a homosexual connotation. I don't know that he did know though.

JasonJohnHorn
12-15-2015, 03:00 AM
Yeah context is the difference here. Kobe said it as 2nd nature in the heat of the moment, Rondo said it knowing the guy would be offended precisely because he was gay. Still in the moment but clearly much more hateful. Kobe also apologized, Rondo denied and saw his team step up for him.

Yeah.... I get the feeling like this Rondo thing is a different issue altogether. Obviously don't know what happened, but the reports make it seem more hateful and bigoted than somebody who is just callously indulging in the vernacular that we all know is all too common in the locker room.

Sad thing is, some people we think of as stand-up guys indulge in this. I think it was John Amaechi, after he came out, reported that Jerry Sloan used that word in practice more than he ought to have, or something to that effect.

Chronz
12-15-2015, 03:02 AM

In highschool my favorite diss before a fight got started was ur a ****ing ****** (fbomb+fg word), my friends used it too. Its different man, maybe not for Rondo since he likely knew he was gay but its different if you dont know.

Redrum187
12-15-2015, 03:06 AM

Serious question: Are you against people using the b word when not referencing a female dog, but a man? Apparently, calling a man a b means they are on the inferior level of women... which would be an outdated and non-progressive view explicitly about/towards females in general.

If you are against using the b word (with the exception of female dogs), wouldn't this insult be astronomically more offensive than the f word or even n word? There are exponentially fewer homosexuals and black people on the planet than there are females... I would think the b word would be public enemy #1 with your "progressive" and PC way of thinking.

Saddletramp
12-15-2015, 03:12 AM
I'm not arguing that "Rondo never said a derogatory term." The term, by definition, IS 100% derogatory for it's predominant (not exclusive) meaning towards homosexuals. You're upset because he's verbally attacking you, not because he genuinely thinks you're a homosexual... unless you suspect that is the reason he's calling you that.

Garbage? The term is predominantly used with a homosexual connotation, but it is also used as an insult irrelevant of sexual orientation. Just like the n word... It CAN, and often is, used to identify a black person, but many times someone calls someone that word and it has nothing to do with race.

It makes Rondo a bigot of that particular ref... Unless Rondo knew he was gay and his heart had disdain for his sexual orientation, I can't in good conscience assume Rondo is a bigot of homosexuals.

With the bolded part, I actually agree with you. I think if Rondo has that opinion of gay people in the back of his mind, you might have a case against him that the insult was homosexual in nature. I guess only Rondo knows for sure... I just didn't see any other information to make me assume Rondo has disdain towards homosexuals deep within his heart.

As said above, I agree more than I disagree with that. I apparently don't know Rondo very well... or at least as well as you know him and his heart. I have gay friends who call straight (and other gay people) the f word (homosexual). They do it without any sort of negative connotation... similarly to black people calling each other the n word. I don't think they hate gays, nor do I think black people hate blacks for using their respective words.

Insults are repeated and spread like wildfire, especially with the social networking we have today. I think you're 100% correct in that there are some people who truly think the way you depicted in the quotes. However, maybe I'm naive in thinking they are the minority and that the people uses the regurgitated insults are doing it without any thought of black people (or homosexuals when they use the f word).

If this is the case and Rondo knew, I'd lean towards his insult having a homosexual connotation. I don't know that he did know though.

Two things and then I'm done: First, the words f----t and n----r are only used for derogatory terms unless the person using it is in fact gay or black, respectively. Your gay friends call each other ******s? Cool, I'm sure a lot do. As do black people call each other the n word, although tweaked a bit. But that brings me to my second point: Rondo is not gay (that we know of[?]) and even if he were, angrily shouting it is still over the line. Same with a black dude angrily calling another black dude a mfing n.

Redrum187
12-15-2015, 03:22 AM
Two things and then I'm done: First, the words f----t and n----r are only used for derogatory terms unless the person using it is in fact gay or black, respectively. Your gay friends call each other ******s? Cool, I'm sure a lot do. As do black people call each other the n word, although tweaked a bit. But that brings me to my second point: Rondo is not gay (that we know of[?]) and even if he were, angrily shouting it is still over the line. Same with a black dude angrily calling another black dude a mfing n.

Wait, what? lol

I think this pretty much sums it all up then. We have found our fundamental disagreement. You think it's ONLY derogatory if someone who isn't black/homosexual uses it... I believe that is called a "double-standard" where I come from.

The negative feelings and emotions are blind to sexual preference and race. They are not tangible entities like human beings are. How then can it ONLY be derogatory if the person using the word isn't whatever the word is? How is this NOT a double-standard? lol

What's even more funny is that you gave a hypothetical scenario of a white guy calling another white guy the n word. You said just because the guy isn't black, it's not offensive? I said, no it's offensive and it's definitely an insult, but it's not necessarily a racist insult as the guy is white... The N word has a completely different meaning (irrelevant of race)... You ignore context, focus on content... Now you're saying you look at context, if the person saying it is black/homosexual, it isn't derogatory... ??????!!!! lol

I would argue a black guy calling another black guy the N word, is using a derogatory term towards a friend or an enemy (depending on how he uses the word). The derogatory term isn't necessarily an automatic insult... unless a negative connotation is involve. Same thing applies with a gay person calling another gay person the F word. They are totally using a derogatory term... how are they not? It may or may not be an insult though (depending on context).

Saddletramp
12-15-2015, 03:24 AM
Serious question: Are you against people using the b word when not referencing a female dog, but a man? Apparently, calling a man a b means they are on the inferior level of women... which would be an outdated and non-progressive view explicitly about/towards females in general.

If you are against using the b word (with the exception of female dogs), wouldn't this insult be astronomically more offensive than the f word or even n word? There are exponentially fewer homosexuals and black people on the planet than there are females... I would think the b word would be public enemy #1 with your "progressive" and PC way of thinking.

My thinking isn't as "progressive and PC" as you might think it is. But ***** is different. It's slang of slang when used to femitize a man. Do we really think women are acting like animals when they give some attitude? The word has changed in its meaning but it's still a multi purpose word. The n and f words have been totally taken over unless it's a term of endearment between people of those groups.

It's the same thing when you says something you don't like "sucks d--k". My wife called me out on that once: "wait a second, I suck your dick and you're comparing me to this thing that you're putting down?" A lot of time these words and sayings are slang. But some words have transcended that. If Rondo would've called Kennedy a mfing b, we wouldn't be having this discussion.

Redrum187
12-15-2015, 03:31 AM
My thinking isn't as "progressive and PC" as you might think it is. But ***** is different. It's slang of slang when used to femitize a man. Do we really think women are acting like animals when they give some attitude? The word has changed in its meaning but it's still a multi purpose word. The n and f words have been totally taken over unless it's a term of endearment between people of those groups.

We live on 2 completely different planets. The N and F words are totally used with such diversity without any hint or thought of blacks/homosexuals as well.

What I don't get though, is that you agree, calling a man the b word, emasculates him on the level of being "an inferior woman"... yet, you give them a free pass. Why do you give them a free pass? Men aren't women, so by your standards, it's only okay for a female to call another female the b word. If someone uses the b word to emasculate a man, it completely attacks a population of 3,500,000,000+... far greater in number than the black and homosexual population combined.

It's the same thing when you says something you don't like "sucks d--k". My wife called me out on that once: "wait a second, I suck your dick and you're comparing me to this thing that you're putting down?" A lot of time these words and sayings are slang. But some words have transcended that. If Rondo would've called Kennedy a mfing b, we wouldn't be having this discussion.

See, I agree entirely with this paragraph. We are on the same page now. Where we differ is that you refuse to acknowledge that the F word applies just as the B word or D word... it's used as slang, without any specific reference to what their ORIGINAL definition intended it to be.

Saddletramp
12-15-2015, 03:33 AM
Wait, what? lol

I think this pretty much sums it all up then. We have found our fundamental disagreement. You think it's ONLY derogatory if someone who isn't black/homosexual uses it... I believe that is called a "double-standard" where I come from.

The negative feelings and emotions are blind to sexual preference and race. They are not tangible entities like human beings are. How then can it ONLY be derogatory if the person using the word isn't whatever the word is? How is this NOT a double-standard? lol

What's even more funny is that you gave a hypothetical scenario of a white guy calling another white guy the n word. You said just because the guy isn't black, it's not offensive? I said, no it's offensive and it's definitely an insult, but it's not necessarily a racist insult as the guy is white... The N word has a completely different meaning (irrelevant of race)... You ignore context, focus on content... Now you're saying you look at context, if the person saying it is black/homosexual, it isn't derogatory... ??????!!!! lol

I would argue a black guy calling another black guy the N word, is using a derogatory term towards a friend or an enemy (depending on how he uses the word). The derogatory term isn't necessarily an automatic insult... unless a negative connotation is involve. Same thing applies with a gay person calling another gay person the F word. They are totally using a derogatory term... how are they not? It may or may not be an insult though (depending on context).

What arevyouvtslking about?

I'll make it real simple. A gay dude can call another gay dude a f word but not angrily and they're close. Same with black people and the n word. It still is offensive, sure, but if there's no hard feelings, it doesn't matter.

There is no context with what Rondo said. None. Like I said before, it doesn't matter if he knew/didn't know, if it was in anger/jest or if it was public/private and Kennedy knew/didn't know he said it. None. Zero. Stop twisting things. And if[/] he didn't know [i]and Kennedy wasn't gay, it would still be awful and inexcusable.

Redrum187
12-15-2015, 03:41 AM
What arevyouvtslking about?

I'll make it real simple. A gay dude can call another gay dude a f word but not angrily and they're close. Same with black people and the n word. It still is offensive, sure, but if there's no hard feelings, it doesn't matter.

There is no context with what Rondo said. None. Like I said before, it doesn't matter if he knew/didn't know, if it was in anger/jest or if it was public/private and Kennedy knew/didn't know he said it. None. Zero. Stop twisting things. And if[/] he didn't know [i]and Kennedy wasn't gay, it would still be awful and inexcusable.

What if a gay guy calls another gay call the F word angrily? Is that okay by your standards?

There isn't enough evidence to know Rondo knew the ref was a homosexual. From what I read, the ref came out publicly AFTER the incident occured. Unless Rondo knew the ref was gay prior to lashing out and calling him the f word, I see no reason to think Rondo meant it in a manner to degrade him on the basis of being homosexual.

Saddletramp
12-15-2015, 03:41 AM
We live on 2 completely different planets. The N and F words are totally used with such diversity without any hint or thought of blacks/homosexuals as well.

I guess we do. With the exception of Hispanics and black people calling anyone the n word, it's only used as a derogatory term. F? No, just derogatory.

What I don't get though, is that you agree, calling a man the b word, emasculates him on the level of being "an inferior woman"... yet, you give them a free pass. Why do you give them a free pass? Men aren't women, so by your standards, it's only okay for a female to call another female the b word. If someone uses the b word to emasculate a man, it completely attacks a population of 3,500,000,000+... far greater in number than the black and homosexual population combined.

Men aren't women and women aren't dogs. ***** can be used for whatever.

See, I agree entirely with this paragraph. We are on the same page now. Where we differ is that you refuse to acknowledge that the F word applies just as the B word or D word... it's used as slang, without any specific reference to what their ORIGINAL definition intended it to be.

But two of these words got taken over and are now specific. Big difference.

Chronz
12-15-2015, 03:47 AM
Yeah we're always going to use derogatory terms in the heat of anger, thats our nature. Its what we do after that defines us. Rondo hasn't apologized.

Saddletramp
12-15-2015, 03:52 AM
What if a gay guy calls another gay call the F word angrily? Is that okay by your standards?

There isn't enough evidence to know Rondo knew the ref was a homosexual. From what I read, the ref came out publicly AFTER the incident occured. Unless Rondo knew the ref was gay prior to lashing out and calling him the f word, I see no reason to think Rondo meant it in a manner to degrade him on the basis of being homosexual.

A) I did use the word angrily as a disqualifier. Read my post again.
B) I'm pretty sure he knew. I doubt we'll ever know. But that's not really the important thing in trying to say.
C) He might not have been degrading him on the basis of being homosexual but, and pay real close attention to this because it's the main point here and the one I've said over and over, if someone angrily lumps in someone that they disagree with into a "lesser" group by using a totally offensive term than that is almost as bad as if they knew that person was in that group. That was my whole KLove point that you misconstrued. Maybe I'm not being clear enough? "You pissed me off so I'm going to dismiss you into a group I find to be lesser than what you really are." That's best case for Rondo (assuming this actually happened) and it's totally wrong and offensive to the ref and to that "lesser" group.

Redrum187
12-15-2015, 03:53 AM
I guess we do. With the exception of Hispanics and black people calling anyone the n word, it's only used as a derogatory term. F? No, just derogatory.

Regardless of context, the term is 100% derogatory any time you use the N word or F word (with the only exception of a cigarette). It doesn't mean you used the derogatory term in a negative/insulting way... as it can be used in a joking or teasing manner. Have you ever played any online multi-player game?

Men aren't women and women aren't dogs. ***** can be used for whatever.

If you go by your standards, this is a double-standard. You refuse to believe that society has almost exclusively hi-jacked the B word as a derogatory term for women. In fact, the term is PREDOMINANTLY used as a derogatory term for women than it is used in reference of "female dogs".

I don't think you're noticing how you're contradicting yourself right now. You're saying a man can call another man the B word, because they aren't really women (the derogatory term that society has hi-jacked with almost exclusive reference to women, not female dogs). Using that logic, why do you have an issue with Rondo calling the ref the F word, assuming he didn't really think the ref was homosexual? How is this any different?! lol

But two of these words got taken over and are now specific. Big difference.

So just to clarify, you 100% refuse to agree that the B word has been taken over to almost always reference a woman in a derogatory manner? You predominantly hear the B word used in it's original and proper context (referencing female dogs)? "Get that garbage out of here!" lol

Redrum187
12-15-2015, 04:00 AM
A) I did use the word angrily as a disqualifier. Read my post again.
B) I'm pretty sure he knew. I doubt we'll ever know. But that's not really the important thing in trying to say.
C) He might not have been degrading him on the basis of being homosexual but, and pay real close attention to this because it's the main point here and the one I've said over and over, if someone angrily lumps in someone that they disagree with into a "lesser" group by using a totally offensive term than that is almost as bad as if they knew that person was in that group. That was my whole KLove point that you misconstrued. Maybe I'm not being clear enough? "You pissed me off so I'm going to dismiss you into a group I find to be lesser than what you really are." That's best case for Rondo (assuming this actually happened) and it's totally wrong and offensive to the ref and to that "lesser" group.

A.) You said one can't use it angrily, but I'm wanting to know if you think it's derogatory by your standards.
B.) How are you sure he knew? Do you know him/his heart? How is this not important... A man isn't a woman, so by your standards it's okay to call a man the B word. If Rondo didn't know the ref was really gay, that completely vindicates him of being a bigot.
C.) So once again, you're contradicting your own point. If Rondo knowingly lumps the ref, even believing he is heterosexual, with a "lesser" group (homosexuals), it's bad... But, people can emasculate men by calling them the B word, and it's okay? lol Come on...

Saddletramp
12-15-2015, 04:05 AM
Regardless of context, the term is 100% derogatory any time you use the N word or F word (with the only exception of a cigarette). It doesn't mean you used the derogatory term in a negative/insulting way... as it can be used in a joking or teasing manner. Have you ever played any online multi-player game?

Sure, I've been called all sorts of things. Are you really comparing this to strangers over a headset?

If you go by your standards, this is a double-standard. You refuse to believe that society has almost exclusively hi-jacked the B word as a derogatory term for women. In fact, the term is PREDOMINANTLY used as a derogatory term for women than it is used in reference of "female dogs".

I don't think you're noticing how you're contradicting yourself right now. You're saying a man can call another man the B word, because they aren't really women (the derogatory term that society has hi-jacked with almost exclusive reference to women, not female dogs). Using that logic, why do you have an issue with Rondo calling the ref the F word, assuming he didn't really think the ref was homosexual? How is this any different?! lol

So just to clarify, you 100% refuse to agree that the B word has been taken over to almost always reference a woman in a derogatory manner? You predominantly hear the B word used in it's original and proper context (referencing female dogs)? "Get that garbage out of here!" lol

"B---h" isn't as much as a woman thing but a jerk that's complaining label. I tell people all the time that they're b------g when they're being rude. I say that I b---h about things sometimes. I don't translate that to "I was being a woman about that the other day". No, it means that I'm saying I was complaining about something. But regardless, it hasn't taken over the word to be all exclusive to meaning woman. You're grasping.

Saddletramp
12-15-2015, 04:13 AM
A.) You said one can't use it angrily, but I'm wanting to know if you think it's derogatory by your standards.
B.) How are you sure he knew? Do you know him/his heart? How is this not important... A man isn't a woman, so by your standards it's okay to call a man the B word. If Rondo didn't know the ref was really gay, that completely vindicates him of being a bigot.
C.) So once again, you're contradicting your own point. If Rondo knowingly lumps the ref, even believing he is heterosexual, with a "lesser" group (homosexuals), it's bad... But, people can emasculate men by calling them the B word, and it's okay? lol Come on...

A) If it's used angrily between two of the same group, then yes, it's derogatory.
B) You're really hung up on this b---h thing, aren't you? For the last ****ing time, a "f----t" has come to mean a homosexual and it's now exclusive to that ****ing meaning. A "n----r" has come to mean a black person and it's now exclusive to that ****ing meaning. A "b---h" has not come to exclusively mean "woman".

This is pathetic and I'm out.

Redrum187
12-15-2015, 04:26 AM
Sure, I've been called all sorts of things. Are you really comparing this to strangers over a headset?

I'm not comparing anything when I ask if you've played any games... I'm just saying that on online multi-player games, you'll find many people who use all sorts of derogatory terms that are not really meant to reflect their original definition, just as Rondo may (or may not) have.

"B---h" isn't as much as a woman thing but a jerk that's complaining label. I tell people all the time that they're b------g when they're being rude. I say that I b---h about things sometimes. I don't translate that to "I was being a woman about that the other day". No, it means that I'm saying I was complaining about something. But regardless, it hasn't taken over the word to be all exclusive to meaning woman. You're grasping.

Oh my... So you think it has more to do with complaining that it does with women? People who think women are inferior and call someone the B word because they are complaining too much do it because women are stereotyped as being complainers (ie, she is on the rag). Kind of like how black people like fried chicken, watermelon, and grape drink (not juice)... Women are stereotyped as being "animalistic" (as you described in your previous post), less intelligent, physically and mentally weak, complainers, etc...

What's funny is you're now twisting "b'ing" and "b" to be interchangeable. One is a verb, one is a noun (it can also be used as an adjective). We are talking about using the derogatory term as a noun... you know, the predominant usage of the word in 2015? No matter how hard you try to NOT make this about women, the B word is almost exclusively used in reference to women in one way or another. Please stop fighting this simple truth.

Lets agree to disagree on the "complaining" point you're trying to stretch. What about when used in the context YOU previously admitted that people use it in, when a person calls a man the B word to specifically EMASCULATE them? Isn't that astronomically worse than calling someone the N or F word as it blasts 3.5 billion people?

Redrum187
12-15-2015, 04:37 AM
A) If it's used angrily between two of the same group, then yes, it's derogatory.
B) You're really hung up on this b---h thing, aren't you? For the last ****ing time, a "f----t" has come to mean a homosexual and it's now exclusive to that ****ing meaning. A "n----r" has come to mean a black person and it's now exclusive to that ****ing meaning. A "b---h" has not come to exclusively mean "woman".

This is pathetic and I'm out.

So you refuse to believe any person could use that term in any other way (the definition of it being exclusive)? This contradicts your other statement when you said that it's okay when a gay person calls another person the F word... If the gay person didn't mean the term in reference to homosexuality, what then did he use the term in reference TO? Obviously, something different... a term of endearment perhaps? innocently teasing/joking? Just as many other people, non-gays alike, use the F word in a context irrelevant of sexual orientation. :)

Chronz
12-15-2015, 05:12 AM
Nap time gents

Saddletramp
12-15-2015, 05:39 AM
I'm not comparing anything when I ask if you've played any games... I'm just saying that on online multi-player games, you'll find many people who use all sorts of derogatory terms that are not really meant to reflect their original definition, just as Rondo may (or may not) have.

You are comparing. How do you not see this?

Oh my... So you think it has more to do with complaining that it does with women? People who think women are inferior and call someone the B word because they are complaining too much do it because women are stereotyped as being complainers (ie, she is on the rag). Kind of like how black people like fried chicken, watermelon, and grape drink (not juice)... Women are stereotyped as being "animalistic" (as you described in your previous post), less intelligent, physically and mentally weak, complainers, etc...

What's funny is you're now twisting "b'ing" and "b" to be interchangeable. One is a verb, one is a noun (it can also be used as an adjective). We are talking about using the derogatory term as a noun... you know, the predominant usage of the word in 2015? No matter how hard you try to NOT make this about women, the B word is almost exclusively used in reference to women in one way or another. Please stop fighting this simple truth.

Lets agree to disagree on the "complaining" point you're trying to stretch. What about when used in the context YOU previously admitted that people use it in, when a person calls a man the B word to specifically EMASCULATE them? Isn't that astronomically worse than calling someone the N or F word as it blasts 3.5 billion people?

Stop comparing b- with f- and n-.

So you refuse to believe any person could use that term in any other way (the definition of it being exclusive)? This contradicts your other statement when you said that it's okay when a gay person calls another person the F word... If the gay person didn't mean the term in reference to homosexuality, what then did he use the term in reference TO Obviously, something different... a term of endearment perhaps? innocently teasing/joking? Just as many other people, non-gays alike, use the F word in a context irrelevant of sexual orientation.

I've already went over this.

I'm not sure if you got caught being a bigot, didn't realize it until it got pointed out to you and are now trying to wiggle out of it by changing the conversation and ignoring a lot of what I'm saying. You keep comparing things that are incomparable (Internet trash talk among strangers with work place slurs.........the f, n and b words.........) and you keep asking me things I've already said (angrily...... the exclusivity of these words.........). It's gotten ridiculous. From now on, just say whatever you want, you won't get a response from me.

MonroeFAN
12-15-2015, 05:44 AM

I think this whole gay agenda has potentially converted a few.

Lil Rhody
12-15-2015, 06:53 AM
Oh rondo.

On a side note I find it hilarious when my girls sister who is a lesbian and all her lesbian friends call things gay

MonroeFAN
12-15-2015, 07:03 AM
^Oh well it's completely different when a gay person uses the term.

da ThRONe
12-15-2015, 08:34 AM
That's my point. Usually a word is just a word, until it changes due to various factors. The N word changed, as has ***-got. Most other words, it's context, but not all.

I agree that the PC Police are getting out of hand these days but some words shouldn't be used at all by certain people. You want to dress up like Pocahontas for Halloween? Cool. The Dukes of Hazzard gets taken off the air because of the Confederate flag on the General Lee? That's dumb. But there's still a team called the Redskins that's based in the national capital of the country that killed, raped and displaced "those people"? That's seriously ****ed up. And angrily calling a guy who arbitrates your actions a "mother****ing ******" is across the line whether he is what you describe him as or not. Every single time.

Some people are morons and do this type of stuff. Don't be a moron.

I don't have a problem with the punishment persa. Just think we have to understand everybody's culture is different whether it be divided by country, race, gender, age, etc. We need to stop expecting others to conform to this one uniform code of conduct. Rondo is in a situation were his employer has to be very image conscience. Which stems for a overflowing tide of a small group telling a large diverse group how to think and feel about everything.

ewing
12-15-2015, 09:29 AM
Not sure what you're saying under those *** but whatever it is, Im sure we've all known that for a very long time. This is still new heights of ******************** for him. I thought this report said Rondo denied the accusation, yet his own team is apologizing for his actions. If the Kings had any semblance of self respect, they would suspend him themselves.

I dont want to put this level of bigotry on par with racism (even though I should) but how is this much different than the Sterling saga? Maybe in a few years it will be on equal footing but racism has left deeper wounds

Rondo does not manage NBA employees nor did valued NBA employees threaten an insurrection if he wasn't canned. The NBA did the right thing with Sterling and i think the one game suspension is a good call this time too. What i think is stupid is the call for public shaming, 15 game suspensions, etc. I think that comes from people who don't do **** but think by grandstanding and being a bully in there own right they can make a difference.

ewing
12-15-2015, 09:45 AM

I lived with two gay guys for about half of my 20s. We all used the "f" word. When Bill was vacuuming while listening to Madonna i'd call him it- we were best friends. when Bill needed his shift covered sometimes i couldn't and he might even call me a it. Now this is the part i am confused on. IS it OK for a gay guy to call a straight guy a ******?

ewing
12-15-2015, 09:49 AM
Yeah we're always going to use derogatory terms in the heat of anger, thats our nature. Its what we do after that defines us. Rondo hasn't apologized.

that's what my Mom always says :)

Tony_Starks
12-15-2015, 10:13 AM
Has Rondo apologized? I sincerely hope he does not. Pay your fine and keep it pushing.

CarolinaCDM
12-15-2015, 11:02 AM

I don't even know you, but if what you said in your post is true, then I like you! lol This world is becoming a joke! Pretty soon it will be legal to marry your dog, because you were "born that way" GTFO Tebow gets blackballed for being Christian, yet "Katelyinn" Jenner is a hero?????? This planet is polluted with wierdos.... I'm moving to Mars...Who's coming?

Newport05
12-15-2015, 11:04 AM
I still use the all these so called bad words on a daily basis. Im not gonna be bullied on how to talk by a bunch overly sensitive pc social media whiners . I also dont recall a single incident where i have used those words in anger towards any one of that race/gender/preference. Nor would i and i do find the two to be completely different.

I know alot of bs is said out of anger and im not gonna class a guy as something because of one incident of foul language. Was he wrong ? sure. Is it a big dea?l no not even close. The guy is not beating women, abusing children, or wielding illegal guns or drugs. He used a curse word!! OMG! get over it. Really some of these posts remind me of a 6 year old crying to a teacher because he got called a poopiehead. Grow a pair mind your own business and have a great day.

Shady66
12-15-2015, 11:12 AM
Man everybody is such a ***** now a days. Trying to shame people over the internet, **** outta here. How dare you have a differing opinion. Free speech? Yes sir as long as its politically correct.

D-BAGDAN
12-15-2015, 11:24 AM
I lived with two gay guys for about half of my 20s. We all used the "f" word. When Bill was vacuuming while listening to Madonna i'd call him it- we were best friends. when Bill needed his shift covered sometimes i couldn't and he might even call me a it. Now this is the part i am confused on. IS it OK for a gay guy to call a straight guy a ******?

That makes it ok. Cheers

ewing
12-15-2015, 11:34 AM
That makes it ok. Cheers

i know.

cmellofan15
12-15-2015, 11:40 AM
yo chronz I don't know if you saw this but it's a pretty indirect apology for the situation in general

http://nba.nbcsports.com/2015/12/14/rajon-rondo-tweets-i-did-not-mean-to-offend-or-disrespect-anyone/

chi-townlove1

I don't even know you, but if what you said in your post is true, then I like you! lol This world is becoming a joke! Pretty soon it will be legal to marry your dog, because you were "born that way" GTFO Tebow gets blackballed for being Christian, yet "Katelyinn" Jenner is a hero?????? This planet is polluted with wierdos.... I'm moving to Mars...Who's coming?

I'll follow your lead bud

Tony_Starks

After avoiding the many reporters who awaited him after Kings practice in Sacramento on Monday and leaving team executive Vlade Divac to face the media,he addressed the situation in the worst kind of let’s-get-this-over-with way there is: Twitter. “My actions during the game were out of frustration and emotion, period!” Rondo wrote. “They absolutely do not reflect my feelings toward the LGBT (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender) community. I did not mean to offend or disrespect anyone.”*

–*via*USA Today Sports

------------------------------------

That works for me!

I love how USA Today is already trying to egg this thing on further btw. Very typical.

JLynn943
12-15-2015, 02:38 PM
I'm disappointed, but it's not really that surprising. I'd give him the benefit of the doubt that he didn't actually know the ref is gay and that it was more of a sort of emotion/frustration-based outburst with words he doesn't really stop to think about. Still should not happen though.

Redrum187
12-15-2015, 04:25 PM
You are comparing. How do you not see this?

Stop comparing b- with f- and n-.

I've already went over this.

I'm not sure if you got caught being a bigot, didn't realize it until it got pointed out to you and are now trying to wiggle out of it by changing the conversation and ignoring a lot of what I'm saying. You keep comparing things that are incomparable (Internet trash talk among strangers with work place slurs.........the f, n and b words.........) and you keep asking me things I've already said (angrily...... the exclusivity of these words.........). It's gotten ridiculous. From now on, just say whatever you want, you won't get a response from me.

You have yet to explain why I can't compare the B word with the F and N word... You're in complete denial if you think B is more to do with "complaining" than it does with a reference to women. You've failed to address the stereotype that women complain, hence, it has the meaning you think that is predominant (which it's not). Find someone else who thinks the B word is less to do with women... You act as if people don't ever call women the B word out of anger... they more often than not call women the B word because they are complaining and not trying to lump them with an "inferior" gender? Get real.

If I keep asking and saying the same things, it's because you bring no meat to the discussion other than your opinion (which isn't consistent with society's). You say I can't compare x to y, I explain how I can and you don't refute it. I say the B word is almost always in reference to women and give you a brief history of the word and women-stereotypes, you just ignore it and pretend that the B word was never hi-jacked. You refuse to address instances when a man uses the B word to emasculate another man. If the B word didn't typically have a derogatory reference to women, why would a person use that term to try to emasculate a man? No answers, just contradicting statements like "it's not derogatory if a black/gay person says it, only non black/gays", and "Men aren't women, so they can call a man the B word but Rondo can't call the ref the F word even assuming he had no idea he was gay." =/

Redrum187
12-15-2015, 04:29 PM

He will change his answer or refuse to answer it. He said it's not derogatory for a gay guy to use those derogatory terms, but then said it is derogatory if he uses it to insult someone. He refuses to admit that the F word can be used in a teasing/endearing manner with non homosexuals, thinking only homosexuals do that.

ewing
12-15-2015, 04:34 PM
He will change his answer or refuse to answer it. He said it's not derogatory for a gay guy to use those derogatory terms, but then said it is derogatory if he uses it to insult someone. He refuses to admit that the F word can be used in a teasing/endearing manner with non homosexuals, thinking only homosexuals do that.

Its just a word. Sometimes it is a mean word but there isn't reason to make it a magic word.

Redrum187
12-15-2015, 04:45 PM
Its just a word. Sometimes it is a mean word but there isn't reason to make it a magic word.

I completely agree. The context is what makes the word "bad", not the mere sound of the word.

ATX
12-15-2015, 04:48 PM
It is my opinion and the opinion of (Apparently many around the league from what I've been reading), that Rondo knew Bill Kennedy was gay. Rondo attacked him right in his face with literally the ugliest word you can use to slander homosexuals. The derogatory comment implies that Rondo feels inherently that he is better than anyone who is born as a homosexual. What Rondo did is indefensible and deserved more than a one game ban. Just imagine if a white player called a black ref a n word...Would that be acceptable to those homophobic posters who are defending Rondo and calling the rest of us *******? By the way, how am I a ***** for defending basic human dignity again?

Redrum187
12-15-2015, 05:01 PM
It is my opinion and the opinion of (Apparently many around the league from what I've been reading), that Rondo knew Bill Kennedy was gay. Rondo attacked him right in his face with literally the ugliest word you can use to slander homosexuals. The derogatory comment implies that Rondo feels inherently that he is better than anyone who is born as a homosexual. What Rondo did is indefensible and deserved more than a one game ban. Just imagine if a white player called a black ref a n word...Would that be acceptable to those homophobic posters who are defending Rondo and calling the rest of us *******? By the way, how am I a ***** for defending basic human dignity again?

Why is it your opinion that Rondo knew? Is there any evidence or confession by Rondo?

Which would be worse in your opinion: A white player who calls a ref the N word or a player who tries to emasculate the ref by calling him the B word (derogatory term for women)? One word attacks a small portion of the world's population, the other attacks over half of the world's population.

(Just throwing this out there again. I don't condone Rondo raging on the ref. It's unprofessional and he ought to be punished in some way (and he has). I simply refuse to crucify him and assume he hates or thinks he's better than homosexuals because he used that term. I don't have to call him a bigot to say what he did was wrong.)

Tony_Starks
12-15-2015, 05:32 PM
There's no evidence Rondo in fact knew he was a real deal homosexual, just water cooler talk that is was "widely known" in NBA circles that the dude was guy. fyi.

Couldn't have been too "widely" known if the fellow chose to make a formal announcement afterwards, unless he had another agenda that is.....

Saddletramp
12-15-2015, 06:43 PM
You have yet to explain why I can't compare the B word with the F and N word... You're in complete denial if you think B is more to do with "complaining" than it does with a reference to women. You've failed to address the stereotype that women complain, hence, it has the meaning you think that is predominant (which it's not). Find someone else who thinks the B word is less to do with women... You act as if people don't ever call women the B word out of anger... they more often than not call women the B word because they are complaining and not trying to lump them with an "inferior" gender? Get real.

If I keep asking and saying the same things, it's because you bring no meat to the discussion other than your opinion (which isn't consistent with society's). You say I can't compare x to y, I explain how I can and you don't refute it. I say the B word is almost always in reference to women and give you a brief history of the word and women-stereotypes, you just ignore it and pretend that the B word was never hi-jacked. You refuse to address instances when a man uses the B word to emasculate another man. If the B word didn't typically have a derogatory reference to women, why would a person use that term to try to emasculate a man? No answers, just contradicting statements like "it's not derogatory if a black/gay person says it, only non black/gays", and "Men aren't women, so they can call a man the B word but Rondo can't call the ref the F word even assuming he had no idea he was gay." =/

Let me ask you a question. I'm going to give you 4 sentences and tell me which one(s) would get you in hot water at your companies HR department or with your wife if said in front of your kids or said by you in front of your parents or would cause confrontation on the subway if someone overheard you or which one(s) would be ok if they were said on network TV.

1. He wanted to save some money by using me to help fix his AC but I still Jewed him out of a couple of hundred bucks.
2. He didn't want to pay that much but I brought the drama like a f----t and we agreed on those terms.
3. Basically all I did was n----r rig the belts and it came back on.
4. I did cut myself though and *****ed at him because I needed stitches and he *****ed when I gave him the bill for the procedure..

In context, ***** can be offensive or it can be slang. The rest are offensive no matter the use. Unless the person using the word is that gender/religion/race/sexual identification. This is not ****ing rocket science but I guess it's the equivalent to some people.

As far as Ewing using the f word with his buddies, who gives a ****? In private with friends is totally different which I've said plenty of times. You're comparing stuff that shouldn't be compared again it's gotten super ****ing old.

The whole point of this whole conversation before you derailed it with the word b---h, wether Rondo knew the ref was gay or not, crackers and chili, video games and all the other inane nonsense is that there is zero ****ing ways that what Rondo said can be accepted under any ****ing form of context.. If you can't understand that, then you are a bigot. Plain and simple.

Also, this convo flew off the handle last night but now that bullies are crying because they can't bully people with hate speech, it's gone way too far. Kudos and thanks to you guys, though. You've outed yourselves as being awful human beings. And if screaming at a guy and calling him a mother****ing ****** at work is okay, go do it to a co-worker next time you get in an argument and see where it gets you.

Lakers + Giants
12-15-2015, 08:44 PM
http://nba.nbcsports.com/2015/12/15/did-rajon-rondo-plagiarize-kobe-bryants-statement-after-anti-gay-slur/?ocid=Yahoo&partner=ya5nbcs

:laugh:

Rondo's "apology" wasn't even genuine. Just decided to plagiarize Kobe. wow.

Chronz
12-15-2015, 10:54 PM

After avoiding the many reporters who awaited him after Kings practice in Sacramento on Monday and leaving team executive Vlade Divac to face the media,he addressed the situation in the worst kind of let’s-get-this-over-with way there is: Twitter. “My actions during the game were out of frustration and emotion, period!” Rondo wrote. “They absolutely do not reflect my feelings toward the LGBT (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender) community. I did not mean to offend or disrespect anyone.”*

–*via*USA Today Sports

------------------------------------

That works for me!

I love how USA Today is already trying to egg this thing on further btw. Very typical.

Meaning? You think its ok to hide your face but apologize via social media? I guess its a big start for him but did Kobe or Noah do this? Guess they had brands to protect whereas Rondo has nowhere to go after this.

Chronz
12-15-2015, 11:09 PM
There's no evidence Rondo in fact knew he was a real deal homosexual, just water cooler talk that is was "widely known" in NBA circles that the dude was guy. fyi.

Couldn't have been too "widely" known if the fellow chose to make a formal announcement afterwards, unless he had another agenda that is.....

Apparently his former coach (Doc) knew he was gay too.

hotdalton18
12-15-2015, 11:17 PM

15 games? Are you on crack?

Stop being so sensitive

So tired of how pusssy the world is getting

Chronz
12-16-2015, 12:51 AM
15 games? Are you on crack?

Stop being so sensitive

So tired of how pusssy the world is getting

That makes no sense, ******* are tough, they can take a pounding like no other genitalia

Redrum187
12-16-2015, 03:16 AM
Let me ask you a question. I'm going to give you 4 sentences and tell me which one(s) would get you in hot water at your companies HR department or with your wife if said in front of your kids or said by you in front of your parents or would cause confrontation on the subway if someone overheard you or which one(s) would be ok if they were said on network TV.

1. He wanted to save some money by using me to help fix his AC but I still Jewed him out of a couple of hundred bucks.
2. He didn't want to pay that much but I brought the drama like a f----t and we agreed on those terms.
3. Basically all I did was n----r rig the belts and it came back on.
4. I did cut myself though and *****ed at him because I needed stitches and he *****ed when I gave him the bill for the procedure..

It's irrelevant what the HR thinks morally speaking. If you can't figure it out, I'm pointing out the double-standards and hypocrisy of people who are on that level of PC that they ignore context. The fact is, the sentence that ought to cause more alarm (due to it offending astronomically more people) would be using the B word in a manner that derogatory lumps a person to the "lesser" and inferior gender (women).

I still love how you avoid the B word in it's predominant usage when trying to emasculate a man or trying to degrade a woman's self-worth. You're naive if you think that is used in the minority of the time and that it's used primarily in reference to complaining (which actually is linked to women in that it's one of their stereotypes).

In context, ***** can be offensive or it can be slang. The rest are offensive no matter the use. Unless the person using the word is that gender/religion/race/sexual identification. This is not ****ing rocket science but I guess it's the equivalent to some people.

Wait, you said it IS derogatory if the person that identifies with the gender/religion/race/sexual orientation uses it in a vulgar manner. This is why I asked twice (in which you complained). If it's not rocket science, why are you unable to articulate why it's a double-standard? Why is it that only someone who identifies with the derogatory term can use it in a non-vulgar way but a person who doesn't identify with the term can't possibly ever use it in a non-vulgar way?

As far as Ewing using the f word with his buddies, who gives a ****? In private with friends is totally different which I've said plenty of times. You're comparing stuff that shouldn't be compared again it's gotten super ****ing old.

Please stop saying I'm comparing stuff that shouldn't be compared unless you tell me specifically what I'm comparing and why I can't compare. You say your opinion and act as if it should be a universal standard without any further insight or going in depth to explain why you think the way you do.

The whole point of this whole conversation before you derailed it with the word b---h, wether Rondo knew the ref was gay or not, crackers and chili, video games and all the other inane nonsense is that there is zero ****ing ways that what Rondo said can be accepted under any ****ing form of context.. If you can't understand that, then you are a bigot. Plain and simple.

This just shows you don't read everything I type. I've said numerous times what Rondo said was wrong. I even said he ought to be punished for it. I also said, I don't see grounds to call him a bigot towards homosexual people because he used a derogatory term in a context that was irrelevant of sexual preference. I even said that if he did know and he used that term explicitly and deliberately because he knew for a fact the ref was gay, then it's justifiable to label him a bigot.

Now I want to ask you the similar question you asked me. Which sentence is more offensive?

1.) I hate that black African [n word].
2.) I got [Jewish derogatory word] at the used car lot.
3.) Elton John is a talentless *** word].
4.) [Directed towards a man] Stop crying and acting like a little emotional [b word].

I know society tolerates sexists remarks to much greater degree than it does race/sexual orientation derogatory terms, but 3 sentences attack a small portion of the world's population while one of them attacks over half the world. Shouldn't the answer be easy? It's not "rocket science" to determine which sentence is more offensive.

Saddletramp
12-16-2015, 03:45 AM
If you don't get it by now, you won't. If you seriously think f-, and n- or on the same playing field as b- than I'll just tip my hat and let you live in your world.

Happy Holidays, Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, whatever you prefer. Take it easy and try not to call anyone a mother****ing ******. Your jaw will thank you.

ewing
12-16-2015, 10:20 AM
If you don't get it by now, you won't. If you seriously think f-, and n- or on the same playing field as b- than I'll just tip my hat and let you live in your world.

Happy Holidays, Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, whatever you prefer. Take it easy and try not to call anyone a mother****ing ******. Your jaw will thank you.

or he gets what you are saying and disagrees. :)

Tony_Starks
12-16-2015, 11:45 AM

Apparently his former coach (Doc) knew he was gay too.

Rumors. Doc denies ever calling him that.

I really don't think anyone GAF if a ref is homosexual honestly, I'm sure there are a bunch of dudes on the down low running around the league from players to refs, execs, whatever.

The league handled it right, Rondo handled it right, everyone that is butthurt (no pun intended) needs to get over it already.

Gander13SM
12-16-2015, 03:05 PM

You don't call him "a gay" you call him gay.

Rondo did neither. He called him a Fa****

There's no such thing as " a gay" that's like saying "he's a straight". It doesn't make sense. It's not "he's a gay" it's "he's gay".

If you're implying calling someone a Fa**** is the same as saying their gay you're sadly mistaken. That's like saying describing someone as a black man and describing them as a N***** or a porch monkey are the same thing. Gtfo. It's bigoted. Horribly insensitive and completely incorrect in every possible way.

People need to calm down with this nonsense. Everyone knows you can't get away with saying these things. It's not acceptable in today's society and even if you don't think it's wrong you still have to accept that the majority of people do and show some damn respect.

Gander13SM
12-16-2015, 03:06 PM
I wonder what would happen if a white referee had called Rondo a Ni****

FlashBolt
12-16-2015, 03:16 PM
Okay, I'm sorry but in streetball, you hear this **** happen all the time. Rondo probably never meant to insult anyone and just spit out something that he does in frustration. I don't see a big deal here. That referee is gay? Who the hell cares. I'm tired of the LGBT community acting as if they run the world. You're gay, get over it. If you want to make an issue out of it, you're only making it worse. The simple fact is, if he were straight and Rondo said the same thing, there wouldn't be an issue. This referee went to corporate and reported Rondo because he felt he was personally attacked. What a joke! Fire this ref because we can't have these refs using emotions to call a game.

Redrum187
12-16-2015, 04:55 PM

As Ewing stated, I totally get what you're saying. I'm just challenging you on why it is that the B word is not considered as offensive as the N word or the F word. I'm able to easily explain why the B word is more offensive in that it offends exponentially more people than the N or the F word.

You said almost verbatim that it's bigoted to lump people to a "lesser" class/group (in reference to homosexuality). Let's ignore the B word in the context you're hung up on (complaining) and focus on a context where a person uses it to emasculate another man. Isn't the person doing the same thing, "lumping" the man to a "lesser" class/group (women)? How is that not sexist? How does that not offend women which account for over half the world's population?

You're 100% correct when you say the B word isn't as bad according to society. I just pointed out the hypocrisy in that they are ready to go guns blazing when a small group (by comparison to women) is attacked. You can't be ultra PC when it comes to race/sexual orientation but then give sexism a free pass. Had Rondo called the ref a "mother- B word", he would have offended 3.5 billion people but I don't think he would have gotten suspended at all. That kind of was going to be my point.

Anyways, Merry Christmas to you too. :)

Gander13SM
12-16-2015, 05:38 PM
Okay, I'm sorry but in streetball, you hear this **** happen all the time. Rondo probably never meant to insult anyone and just spit out something that he does in frustration. I don't see a big deal here. That referee is gay? Who the hell cares. I'm tired of the LGBT community acting as if they run the world. You're gay, get over it. If you want to make an issue out of it, you're only making it worse. The simple fact is, if he were straight and Rondo said the same thing, there wouldn't be an issue. This referee went to corporate and reported Rondo because he felt he was personally attacked. What a joke! Fire this ref because we can't have these refs using emotions to call a game.

You hear a lot of things in street ball. But street ball isn't a profession last I checked.

Nobody goes to their work to be called a fa****. What sort of professional does that?

And how do the LGBT community act as if they run the world? Because they want the same respect that a straight person would receive? Well send them right down to hell why don't you. Smh.

Maybe Sterling should have been allowed to keep the Clippers. He probably never meant to insult anyone and just spit something out of frustration. Right?

I agree. Rondo probably didn't mean it as a slur. But he might have. We don't know. And regardless. He did use that word. His intentions are irrelevant. He needs to accept the consequences. That's what being a man is. Dealing with the consequences of your actions.

And every ref uses emotions to call a game. They're human. You can't shut out all emotion. So I have no idea where you're going with that unless you're suggesting we need to employ robots to ref games.

Tony_Starks
12-16-2015, 05:44 PM
What if Rondo is gay too, would it be cool then?

I mean he's never had a mustache, he could be...

ATX
12-16-2015, 05:55 PM

Yes, it would still be an issue. You can't go to work and call someone a *********t. This is not how the professional world works. People deserve basic human dignity, and being called a **********t is not acceptable in the work place, straight or not. Perhaps you should join the Caliphate, where others share your 11th Century World view. And to suggest the Ref should be fired is beyond comprehension. And another thing...You're "Tired of the LGBT community acting as if they run the world"...Wow...They are fighting for their basic rights and dignity, as any oppressed group would.

Captain Moroni
12-16-2015, 06:42 PM
As a kid growing up on Long Island in the 70's we used the word "Gay" with every insult we threw at someone. We never thought anything about it. I didn't even know what it meant until I was a teenager. The only Gay people we had ever heard of were Liberace, Elton John and freddy Mercury.As an adult 4 decades later I would never use that term in an insult. Times have indeed changed as has my ability to understand someone can get hurt by anothers words.
In my family growing up, we were NEVER allowed to use the "N" word at all. I have never heard any one of my 8 siblings or parents use that word. It was very disrespectful. We are a close knit Christian family that tried hard to live what we believed. In this day and age that seems like a very rare thing.
I have 5 children ages 27-15. INone of them use either of those words. It's a parents job to teach respect.
I am always amazed at the people who use the "F" word as an adjective in loud tones in public.
When did we become such a disrespectful people? When did we stop caring about how our words are percieved by others? Even some here cant type a response on a sports forum without foul language.

FlashBolt
12-16-2015, 07:00 PM
You hear a lot of things in street ball. But street ball isn't a profession last I checked.

Nobody goes to their work to be called a fa****. What sort of professional does that?

And how do the LGBT community act as if they run the world? Because they want the same respect that a straight person would receive? Well send them right down to hell why don't you. Smh.

Maybe Sterling should have been allowed to keep the Clippers. He probably never meant to insult anyone and just spit something out of frustration. Right?

I agree. Rondo probably didn't mean it as a slur. But he might have. We don't know. And regardless. He did use that word. His intentions are irrelevant. He needs to accept the consequences. That's what being a man is. Dealing with the consequences of your actions.

And every ref uses emotions to call a game. They're human. You can't shut out all emotion. So I have no idea where you're going with that unless you're suggesting we need to employ robots to ref games.

Who said it was the same thing? I'm saying these players are brought up in such an environment that it's almost an instant reaction for them. I'm sure Rondo didn't mean for his comments to be a personal attack.

And don't even play the LGBT card. Every single time someone says gay, they come out of the woodwork demanding for equality. Sorry, you're gay and they are going to call you gay. If you feel offended by that, you are the issue.

Sterling SHOULD have been allowed to keep the Clippers by law but because NBA has an image to protect, they had to get rid of Sterling. You should understand the law and notice that these two are completely different matters.

And FYI, refs shouldn't judge things by emotions or else they wouldn't call a game properly. Some refs can control their emotions and some don't. What really happened was Kennedy personally felt insulted because someone called him a derogatory word, and then took it up to corporate to have Rondo penalized. Again, if Kennedy wasn't gay, I really doubt he would have escalated this.

FlashBolt
12-16-2015, 07:02 PM
Yes, it would still be an issue. You can't go to work and call someone a *********t. This is not how the professional world works. People deserve basic human dignity, and being called a **********t is not acceptable in the work place, straight or not. Perhaps you should join the Caliphate, where others share your 11th Century World view. And to suggest the Ref should be fired is beyond comprehension. And another thing...You're "Tired of the LGBT community acting as if they run the world"...Wow...They are fighting for their basic rights and dignity, as any oppressed group would.

Basic rights and dignity? Calling someone gay doesn't violate their rights, does it? If I said to a gay person, YOU'RE STRAIGHT, should they be offended? It's only when we say "gay", huh?

slashsnake
12-16-2015, 07:11 PM
Basic rights and dignity? Calling someone gay doesn't violate their rights, does it? If I said to a gay person, YOU'RE STRAIGHT, should they be offended? It's only when we say "gay", huh?

If you are using an offensive word for their sexual orientation yes, that is offensive. And if you say that a person's sexual orientation is the reason they are failing at something completely unrelated to that, yes that is offensive.

If I say you are awful at your job and its because of your sexual orientation, race, religion, etc, when they have nothing to do with your performance that is absolutely offensive.

FlashBolt
12-16-2015, 07:17 PM
If you are using an offensive word for their sexual orientation yes, that is offensive. And if you say that a person's sexual orientation is the reason they are failing at something completely unrelated to that, yes that is offensive.

If I say you are awful at your job and its because of your sexual orientation, race, religion, etc, when they have nothing to do with your performance that is absolutely offensive.

Critical game 7, Rondo has the ball. Kennedy is the ref at the play and doesn't call the foul.

That does affect the game. If referees can't get their emotions out of the game, they are being biased and especially in a competitive match, that is not what a referee who is professional should be behaving. Rondo should have been fined but like Pop said, this isn't news. I'm pretty sure KG has said much worse things than Rondo has.

ATX
12-16-2015, 07:28 PM
Critical game 7, Rondo has the ball. Kennedy is the ref at the play and doesn't call the foul.

That does affect the game. If referees can't get their emotions out of the game, they are being biased and especially in a competitive match, that is not what a referee who is professional should be behaving. Rondo should have been fined but like Pop said, this isn't news. I'm pretty sure KG has said much worse things than Rondo has.

So you're basing your opinion purely on speculation? You are defending Rondo and throwing Kennedy under the bus purely out of speculation that Kennedy has no integrity. Kennedy has been a NBA ref for 18 years. I think he has proven his acumen due to his longevity at his profession. Unfortunately, the immature, ignorant and bigoted Rondo couldn't respect professionalism. What Rondo said is indefensible, and it amazes me that you are hating on the person who was dehumanized.

ATX
12-16-2015, 07:31 PM

You just don't get it and that's all there is to say about that.

Saddletramp
12-16-2015, 07:59 PM
You just don't get it and that's all there is to say about that.

Some people just don't get it. I know this'll probably tick off ewing, but it's actually 2015 in the real world and a lot of people in this thread are taking us back 50 years with why civil rights were/are so important.

I wanted to respond to a few things, especially after Flashbolt showed up to be wrong about something yet again but I just let it go. But this quote is ridiculously awful, even for Flashbolt's standards:

And don't even play the LGBT card. Every single time someone says gay, they come out of the woodwork demanding for equality. Sorry, you're gay and they are going to call you gay. If you feel offended by that, you are the issue.

Gay isn't the word in question. F----t is. When you say that someone is a gay man, that's fine. Elton John is a gay man. Nothing wrong with that. That's like saying that Adam Sandler is a Jew. He is. No big deal. Rajon Rondo is a black guy. Cool. When you start throwing around words like F----t, Heeb, the n word, chink, redskin, wop, beaner, etc, that's when there is a problem. How is this a hard concept to understand? Flashbolt, what's your ethnic background? Can we identify you with a derogatory term associated with your ethnicity? Is that cool?

Tony_Starks
12-17-2015, 10:07 AM
Adam Silver said the reason he went with a 1 game suspension is because the ref hadn't went public with being a homosexual. 1 game is around the norm for that kind of thing, had he went beyond that he felt it would've drew more attention to the situation and forced him out of the closet. He was trying to be sensitive to the privacy of the man, allowing him to decide if he wanted to go public or not. At the end of the day the ref chose to out himself anyway, but contrary to gossip it wasn't common knowledge that he was gay.

Bravo to Silver for having some sense of context and balance to the entire situation. Pity more people don't get it. He treated the situation as he should've, punished a player for using derogatory language toward the ref.

Gander13SM
12-17-2015, 08:30 PM

You realise he called him a fa**** right? He didn't call him gay.

As I said before. It's the difference between calling someone Chinese and calling them a ch***. Calling someone black and calling them a ni****

Calling someone gay and calling them a fa**** are not the same thing. You're ignorant as **** if you think they are.

Gander13SM
12-17-2015, 08:34 PM
Who said it was the same thing? I'm saying these players are brought up in such an environment that it's almost an instant reaction for them. I'm sure Rondo didn't mean for his comments to be a personal attack.

Sterling SHOULD have been allowed to keep the Clippers by law but because NBA has an image to protect, they had to get rid of Sterling. You should understand the law and notice that these two are completely different matters.

And FYI, refs shouldn't judge things by emotions or else they wouldn't call a game properly. Some refs can control their emotions and some don't. What really happened was Kennedy personally felt insulted because someone called him a derogatory word, and then took it up to corporate to have Rondo penalized. Again, if Kennedy wasn't gay, I really doubt he would have escalated this.

The LGBT card? Are you seriously this much of a bigot? Calling someone gay and calling them a ********* are not the same thing. How can you not grasp this?

And ALL refs have emotions impact calls. All of them. No exceptions. They're human. It is literally impossible for a human to just shut down their emotions for 48 minutes. On some level, they are all effected by emotions.

And why are you holding refs to different standards than players? Didn't Rondo act emotionally? Should he be fired and banned from the league?

ewing
12-18-2015, 09:54 AM
So you're basing your opinion purely on speculation? You are defending Rondo and throwing Kennedy under the bus purely out of speculation that Kennedy has no integrity. Kennedy has been a NBA ref for 18 years. I think he has proven his acumen due to his longevity at his profession. Unfortunately, the immature, ignorant and bigoted Rondo couldn't respect professionalism. What Rondo said is indefensible, and it amazes me that you are hating on the person who was dehumanized.

Rondo didn't say he wasn't human

Tony_Starks
12-18-2015, 10:30 AM
Alot of players and people in general still use that word as the catch all for insults, having nothing to do with a sexual connotation. If that sort of thing outrages you then prepare to live an outraged existence.

Now if you get caught "on the job" using it then you pay the penalty but outside of that no amount PC police are going to remove it from circulation, ESPECIALLY in sports. If you've ever been close enough to hear KG in person he's good for at least F_ per game. ( about 15 N_ too btw, so he's equal opportunity)

Gander13SM
12-18-2015, 10:48 AM
Alot of players and people in general still use that word as the catch all for insults, having nothing to do with a sexual connotation. If that sort of thing outrages you then prepare to live an outraged existence.

Now if you get caught "on the job" using it then you pay the penalty but outside of that no amount PC police are going to remove it from circulation, ESPECIALLY in sports. If you've ever been close enough to hear KG in person he's good for at least F_ per game. ( about 15 N_ too btw, so he's equal opportunity)

You're right. It's not acceptable to use that language "on the job" and that's exactly what Rondo did.

NBA is a job. Paid profession.

ewing
12-18-2015, 11:13 AM
You're right. It's not acceptable to use that language "on the job" and that's exactly what Rondo did.

It a word. Rondo is an *** but that's all it is.

Gander13SM
12-18-2015, 11:43 AM
It a word. Rondo is an *** but that's all it is.

Words can be pretty powerful.

ewing
12-18-2015, 11:45 AM
Words can be pretty powerful.

:rolleyes:

Gander13SM
12-18-2015, 11:56 AM
:rolleyes:

If you disagree you really need to pick up a history book (and read it, don't just pick it up and throw it at a gay).

ewing
12-18-2015, 12:12 PM
If you disagree you really need to pick up a history book (and read it, don't just pick it up and throw it at a gay).

Ideas are powerful. like the idea that gays have and do face discrimination therefore anytime someone uses a bad word if we act they are apostates instead of just rude and obnoxious we will solve something. Rondo was out of line weather he called him *** or big dumby means little to me

Tony_Starks
12-18-2015, 01:08 PM

And as a consequence for using that language on the job he had to pay a penalty his employer deemed appropriate.

So what is your gripe sir?

bagwell368
12-18-2015, 06:55 PM
Rondo is a jerk on many levels. Wish I could say I was surprised.

I can say I'm glad he's no longer a Celtic.

Jeffy25
12-20-2015, 04:55 AM
Rondo's follow-up 'apology' on twitter shows just how stupid he really is.

Wow.

I'm certainly not a PC guy, SJW or anything close to that. You probably can't offend me.

But Rajon is just an idiot. Ignorant to a strong degree.

Regardless if you call someone that, knowing they are or are not gay doesn't matter. It's just beyond rude and insulting. And then to not even have the balls to realize that you insulted a man and to not be a man and apologize for your stupidity shows Rondo to be a major coward.

I'm glad he is being ripped by the media and fans. Maybe he'll learn from this.

I have a buddy who still thinks being gay is a choice, and a sin in 'God's eyes'. And he too, can be a moron when it comes to stuff like this.

Anti-gay is probably the most ignorant thing someone can be, 21st century or not.

1. What others do and who they love is none of your business, no matter how much you want to make it about you.
2. People don't 'choose' to be gay, this has been easily proven, time and time again
3. To insult a person for the gender of the person that they are interested in sexually or whatever shows you to be a terribly unoriginal, and ignorant excuse of a human being.

I hope Rondo learns not only some humility, but also how to shoot free throws ;)

blahblahyoutoo
12-21-2015, 11:20 PM
white owner says something racist about a black guy in private, forced to sell team.
black player uses homophobic slur in public straight to the refs face, 1 game suspension.
sounds fair.

Saddletramp
12-22-2015, 06:00 AM
Of course I expect to see it in the shadows of internet message boards and the like. But in the real world it no longer works, thank goodness. http://s.coop/1xpc7 http://s.coop/1xo07
http://s.coop/1wz2k

Even the bots agree!

PurpleLynch
12-22-2015, 06:48 AM
white owner says something racist about a black guy in private, forced to sell team.
black player uses homophobic slur in public straight to the refs face, 1 game suspension.
sounds fair.

Two completely different situations,just a kid couldn't discern it.

Wrigheyes4MVP
12-22-2015, 11:21 AM
Always something with Rondo. He's having a really nice season and then this happens.