Pakman
12-13-2015, 12:19 AM
They'll still repeat so it don't matter. Bet they finish the year 74-8

CHANGO
12-13-2015, 12:21 AM
24*

PayDaPiper
12-13-2015, 12:23 AM
It was a good run, I think they start losing a few here and there now. They were expending a lot of energy to keep the streak alive. Now that's its over, they can relax and get into the grind of the season and prepare for another title run

jason
12-13-2015, 12:29 AM
24*

24 undefeated games*

PayDaPiper
12-13-2015, 12:32 AM
24*

Warriors streak is done with home grown, drafted players. They didn't have to have stars collude to form a super team.

PowerHouse
12-13-2015, 12:37 AM
Its 28 dating back to last season. At least thats what I read on nba.com.

CHANGO
12-13-2015, 12:38 AM
Warriors streak is done with home grown, drafted players. They didn't have to have stars collude to form a super team.

Awwwww come on man, why you gotta be so rude? :(

I'm just stating a fact.

valade16
12-13-2015, 12:50 AM
Curry coming back down to earth?

30/71 FG (42%) and 11/32 from deep (34%) last 3 games.

Sly Guy
12-13-2015, 12:51 AM
24*

24*

BKLYNpigeon
12-13-2015, 12:52 AM
Great fun, Fun While it lasted.

jerellh528
12-13-2015, 01:04 AM
'Twas fun while it lasted, it was an impossible pace to continue forever. They'll probably continue to cool down a bit to coincide with curry's play starting to average out. Still a fantastic team, favorites to win it all.

tredigs
12-13-2015, 01:13 AM
Curry coming back down to earth?

30/71 FG (42%) and 11/32 from deep (34%) last 3 games.

Curry on a 7 game road trip and being team-guarded. This may be the best 1/3rd of a season we've ever seen. I'd be curious to hear the challengers. I feel like they'd be limited to Wilt and Jordan, maybe KAJ?

SteBO
12-13-2015, 01:30 AM
Awwwww come on man, why you gotta be so rude? :(

I'm just stating a fact.
It all stems from envy, so don't even entertain that gibberish. Anyway, helluva run Golden State had. Take it from me, they're better off for it now. I remember after our 27-game win streak got snapped, we ended the regular season on a 8-game winning streak, and somehow looked a lot more free-flowing on both ends of the court. You'll see a lot of the same things with this team, especially when Harrison Barnes get back. When is he expected to return btw?

ewing
12-13-2015, 01:42 AM
Curry on a 7 game road trip and being team-guarded. This may be the best 1/3rd of a season we've ever seen. I'd be curious to hear the challengers. I feel like they'd be limited to Wilt and Jordan, maybe KAJ?

god you are defensive :). Coming back to earth means he was out this world prior to the last 3 games. That awesome 25 game stretch.

MonroeFAN
12-13-2015, 02:20 AM
24*

You gonna be ok?

Anyways this is a direct result of their schedule.

IBleedPurple
12-13-2015, 02:38 AM
Anyways I think it's a travesty. A team like the Bucks doesn't deserve to have a win against Golden State. The NBA has completely ruined the scheduling this season.Blaming the scheduling lol. And they obviously deserved to beat GS, because they did.

MonroeFAN
12-13-2015, 02:59 AM
Are you loling at the theory of GSW losing their first game of the season to a team with no spacing because they're on the 2nd night of a back to back on the last game of a 7 game road trip? Ok? That seems pretty stupid.

Losses happen, but you would have to be completely naive to ignore scheduling. I'm not even close to being a golden state fan, this one seems obvious to anyone who has a brain with two equal sides.

Buck fans can sleep well tonight, but this is the only significant move they'll be making this season.

Dade County
12-13-2015, 03:21 AM
Why the *?

Because of kerr not being able to coach?

MonroeFAN
12-13-2015, 03:24 AM
^because they only have 24 wins on the season and the OP said 28.

Arch Stanton
12-13-2015, 03:32 AM
It was a great run by a great team. Congrats Warriors!

MonroeFAN
12-13-2015, 03:42 AM
And congrat buck fans. Despite what I've said in this topic, it's still not an easy task.

Bostonjorge
12-13-2015, 03:58 AM
No Barnes so waiting to see a team take down the stating 5 of

Green
Barnes
Iggy
Klay
Curry

Then I can say they can be beat.

IBleedPurple
12-13-2015, 04:38 AM
Are you loling at the theory of GSW losing their first game of the season to a team with no spacing because they're on the 2nd night of a back to back on the last game of a 7 game road trip? Ok? That seems pretty stupid.

Losses happen, but you would have to be completely naive to ignore scheduling. I'm not even close to being a golden state fan, this one seems obvious to anyone who has a brain with two equal sides.

Buck fans can sleep well tonight, but this is the only significant move they'll be making this season.Back to backs happen at the end of 5-8 game road trips plenty, not just this year. That should also be obvious. It's a long season, endurance is a factor. The loss is meaningless for GSW, and no reason to hate on the Bucks for beating them. That's petty.

MonroeFAN
12-13-2015, 04:48 AM
You're right

JasonJohnHorn
12-13-2015, 07:51 AM
I think the back-to-back games with a double-OT coupled with some injuries depleted them a little. Had they had a night off in between, I think they would have been in better shape to win this, but that is the NBA grind.

Historic feat. I think December will leave them with maybe one more loss, but January into February sees them play the Cavs, Spurs and the Thunder a couple of times in the space of about 15 games. That will be their toughest streak. If they can get through that and still be under 5 losses by then, they'll be in great shape to break the 72-win record.

The pressure is not off them just yet. People still expect that 72-win record to be broken.

KnicksorBust
12-13-2015, 09:53 AM
I think the back-to-back games with a double-OT coupled with some injuries depleted them a little. Had they had a night off in between, I think they would have been in better shape to win this, but that is the NBA grind.

Historic feat. I think December will leave them with maybe one more loss, but January into February sees them play the Cavs, Spurs and the Thunder a couple of times in the space of about 15 games. That will be their toughest streak. If they can get through that and still be under 5 losses by then, they'll be in great shape to break the 72-win record.

The pressure is not off them just yet. People still expect that 72-win record to be broken.

This post is spot-on. The Bulls 72 wins is the more significant record and they still have an entire season of teams head-hunting ahead of them. They are every teams biggest game right now.

tredigs
12-13-2015, 11:09 AM
god you are defensive :). Coming back to earth means he was out this world prior to the last 3 games. That awesome 25 game stretch.
Hah no I'm just saying, these were predictable games for a dip in efficiency. Accumulation of games + backup wings next to him meant higher pressure when he's already dog tired. I'm sure on Wednesday for their next game against the Suns, his efficiency is closer to where it's been on the year. There are ebbs and flows to a season bit I think his current #'s are pretty close to where he will be on the year (>50/40/90 on high volume).

likemystylez
12-13-2015, 11:39 AM
The worst feeling ive had as a fan of the league since Magic announced he was HIV positive. Feels like the Pope just died or something.

Gander13SM
12-13-2015, 12:12 PM
Well the real season can begin for them now, it's probably best that the streak ended sooner rather than later, I'm betting there's a real cathartic feel around that locker room.

24*

I'm shocked by the amount of NBA "fans" that aren't aware of how the NBA counts winning streaks.

Officially it's 28. Whether people like it or not, it is officially the second longest winning streak ever in NBA history. That's what the books will say any time people look at the records.

If they decide to make it 24 and only count the current season (which I think they should) they would have to amend a bunch of streaks throughout history;

1947-'49 Capitols,
'49-'51 Royals,
'65-'67 Philly.

Then the playoff records;

'87-'89 Lakers,
'88-'90 Pistons,
'99-'01 Lakers.

I just can't see them doing that. There's more than what I've shared these are just the obvious ones worth noting.

You gonna be ok?

Anyways this is a direct result of their schedule.

Well they have had an easy schedule so you could even say the streak is a result of their scheduling in part. I mean, Cavs and Spurs have had easier schedules and they're not undefeated so I don't know what their excuse is although I'm sure they have one (and somehow they're both still regarded as Warriors kryptonite, worse records on easier schedules but whatever).

But you're right, a back to back at the end of a 7 game road trip doesn't help. Nine games in nine different cities over a two week period with four separate injury issues and a double overtime game at the front end of a back to back... it's all going to take its toll.

I think they'll be relieved it's done.

Congrats to Milwaukee though, played really well.

Lil Rhody
12-13-2015, 12:16 PM
Double ot vs the celtics didn't help

ChicagoFan4Eva
12-13-2015, 12:19 PM
They were good but they wont beat the 72-10
Maybe 68-69 wins max

MILLERHIGHLIFE
12-13-2015, 12:20 PM

Buck fans can sleep well tonight, but this is the only significant move they'll be making this season.

You a closet Warriors fan? You seem bitter. I see you didn't change your user name yet either. Your Monroe help beat the Warriors. Congrats buddy!

likemystylez
12-13-2015, 12:22 PM
They were good but they wont beat the 72-10
Maybe 68-69 wins max

not because they arent as good, but the warriors will probably rest players down the stretch once theyve secured the number 1 seed. Bulls never did that. it would be cool though, since so many people called the warriors lucky last year if they came back matched the best season of all time and won a back to back championship. LOl there would still be people saying they got lucky

Gander13SM
12-13-2015, 12:33 PM
not because they arent as good, but the warriors will probably rest players down the stretch once theyve secured the number 1 seed. Bulls never did that. it would be cool though, since so many people called the warriors lucky last year if they came back matched the best season of all time and won a back to back championship. LOl there would still be people saying they got lucky

48-9 is a very strong possibility for the Warriors.

Even when resting guys. If Curry or Green miss more time it's less likely. But They're deep enough at every other position that they can afford to have one starter sit out against weaker teams.

I don't think they do it, but it's definitely a possibility.

tredigs
12-13-2015, 01:49 PM
48-9 is a very strong possibility for the Warriors.

Even when resting guys. If Curry or Green miss more time it's less likely. But They're deep enough at every other position that they can afford to have one starter sit out against weaker teams.

I don't think they do it, but it's definitely a possibility.

I don't think it's so much that they're deep enough at other positions, it's just that those two are irreplaceable. I mean Klays backup is a D leaguer and Barnes backup wouldn't be in the NBA if he wasn't still under contract.

Gander13SM
12-13-2015, 02:00 PM
I don't think it's so much that they're deep enough at other positions, it's just that those two are irreplaceable. I mean Klays backup is a D leaguer and Barnes backup wouldn't be in the NBA if he wasn't still under contract.

Barbosa and Clark have never been D-League players. I mean clark was assigned to D-League teams but it was while being under contract for a major club. Not like being contracted to a D-League team exclusively. He would get sent down for odd games then brought back up a day later. Like Bazemore with the Dubs.

That being said I agree Curry and Green are invaluable. I just think Speights is garbage and Warriors have literally no back up for Green.

Livingston is good so there is that. But still...

D-BAGDAN
12-13-2015, 03:21 PM
Great run Warriors. Get to 41-3 and we'll talk :) but regardless, really impressive

tredigs
12-13-2015, 03:24 PM
Barbosa and Clark have never been D-League players. I mean clark was assigned to D-League teams but it was while being under contract for a major club. Not like being contracted to a D-League team exclusively. He would get sent down for odd games then brought back up a day later. Like Bazemore with the Dubs.

That being said I agree Curry and Green are invaluable. I just think Speights is garbage and Warriors have literally no back up for Green.

Livingston is good so there is that. But still...

Well, Clark's just a guy who is probably below "replacement level" and won't be in the league long I'd imagine (and contracted to the D league or not, he's a guy who won't stay on good rosters all year). I wasn't speaking about Barbosa. Rush. Rush won't be in the league when his contract is through. Both are what I'd consider "poor" players. Livingston's pretty good though for sure, and Barbosa still has a little left. Speights is indeed garbage. His mid-range was all that saved him but that's gone.

mngopher35
12-13-2015, 03:37 PM

Last year they avoided the spurs/clippers and got to play CLE without their top players, that is probably why many called them lucky. That doesn't mean the Warriors aren't great, it's just we never really saw them pushed to the limits. Really I don't think the Warriors were/needed to be at their best to win last year due to the circumstances.

Winning this year won't change that at all, but maybe we actually get to see them go up against another healthy great team.

Allphakenny1
12-13-2015, 03:55 PM
Last year they avoided the spurs/clippers and got to play CLE without their top players, that is probably why many called them lucky. That doesn't mean the Warriors aren't great, it's just we never really saw them pushed to the limits. Really I don't think the Warriors were/needed to be at their best to win last year due to the circumstances.

Winning this year won't change that at all, but maybe we actually get to see them go up against another healthy great team.

The Warriors were not lucky to avoid the Spurs and Clippers, the Spurs and Clippers were not good enough to earn the right to play the Warriors.

basch152
12-13-2015, 05:03 PM
So why are the warriors always called lucky for avoiding the spurs, but the cavs get basically a free pass to the finals every year?

CHANGO
12-13-2015, 05:25 PM
Well the real season can begin for them now, it's probably best that the streak ended sooner rather than later, I'm betting there's a real cathartic feel around that locker room.

I'm shocked by the amount of NBA "fans" that aren't aware of how the NBA counts winning streaks.

Officially it's 28. Whether people like it or not, it is officially the second longest winning streak ever in NBA history. That's what the books will say any time people look at the records.

If they decide to make it 24 and only count the current season (which I think they should) they would have to amend a bunch of streaks throughout history;

1947-'49 Capitols,
'49-'51 Royals,
'65-'67 Philly.

Then the playoff records;

'87-'89 Lakers,
'88-'90 Pistons,
'99-'01 Lakers.

I just can't see them doing that. There's more than what I've shared these are just the obvious ones worth noting.

Well they have had an easy schedule so you could even say the streak is a result of their scheduling in part. I mean, Cavs and Spurs have had easier schedules and they're not undefeated so I don't know what their excuse is although I'm sure they have one (and somehow they're both still regarded as Warriors kryptonite, worse records on easier schedules but whatever).

But you're right, a back to back at the end of a 7 game road trip doesn't help. Nine games in nine different cities over a two week period with four separate injury issues and a double overtime game at the front end of a back to back... it's all going to take its toll.

I think they'll be relieved it's done.

Congrats to Milwaukee though, played really well.

I'm an NBA fan, not an NBA 'fan', getting that out of the way, I don't care how the NBA counts winning streaks, the W's won 24 straight games, they didn't won 28, you, the next poster and me know that. It's not fair to count streaks dating back to last season when in reality they lost on the playoffs and had like 2 or 3 months of rest to get to those 28 wins. If that is what NBA fans, and history want to see, well, great for y'all, but reality is (as you point out) that isn't the same winning 28 games in the same season as winning 28 dating back to last season and completely ignoring the fact that they lost in the playoffs and had months to rest players and get better at training camp.

Also, excuses of back-to-backs and schedule are just that, excuses, every team plays on the road and b2b, isn't NBA's fault that the W's needed 2 OT to win against the Celtics, so leave the excuses on the door.

mngopher35
12-13-2015, 05:41 PM

The Warriors were not lucky to avoid the Spurs and Clippers, the Spurs and Clippers were not good enough to earn the right to play the Warriors.

Both can kind of be true, clippers definitely collapsed which isn't on the Warriors but also doesn't make me think rockets are better than either of those teams. In the end the toughest team they played was either cavs missing 2 of their top 3 players or Memphis (many years as solid but never make finals, no Conley game one or Allen game like 5). That is a pretty easy road considering what it could have been.

Like I said it isn't a knock on the Warriors, they took care of business. It just woulda been nice to see them really get challenged.

mngopher35
12-13-2015, 05:52 PM
So why are the warriors always called lucky for avoiding the spurs, but the cavs get basically a free pass to the finals every year?

The Cavs were without Love and hobbled or out Kyrie and had to play a healthy Warriors team in the finals. Before that you had the heat who had to beat out SA or the Thunder for a title (no major injuries like they had either). It isn't just that they avoided the spurs, it's that they just didn't really face anyone people considered a contender by seasons end (most I think had GS (1st SRS), CLE (7 SRS but clearly east favorite), SA (3rd SRS) if healthy as main contenders and Clippers(2nd SRS) probably the next up). Warriors didn't have to play a single one of those teams as they were, best was probably 8th in SRS Memphis with minor injuries to Conley/Allen costing a game a piece.

Like I said this isn't a knock on the Warriors, just putting into context their path to a title. They still have their rings and the title still counts I definitely am not saying anything like that. I just wish we would have really seen a good battle between them and a healthy top team.

Gander13SM
12-13-2015, 06:58 PM
I'm an NBA fan, not an NBA 'fan', getting that out of the way, I don't care how the NBA counts winning streaks, the W's won 24 straight games, they didn't won 28, you, the next poster and me know that. It's not fair to count streaks dating back to last season when in reality they lost on the playoffs and had like 2 or 3 months of rest to get to those 28 wins. If that is what NBA fans, and history want to see, well, great for y'all, but reality is (as you point out) that isn't the same winning 28 games in the same season as winning 28 dating back to last season and completely ignoring the fact that they lost in the playoffs and had months to rest players and get better at training camp.

Also, excuses of back-to-backs and schedule are just that, excuses, every team plays on the road and b2b, isn't NBA's fault that the W's needed 2 OT to win against the Celtics, so leave the excuses on the door.

Okay. In your head it's 24. Officially it's 28.

Guess which one counts. :)

IndyRealist
12-13-2015, 07:00 PM

Andre Igoudala?

tredigs
12-13-2015, 07:34 PM
I actually consider it 24 myself. There are two separate NBA distinctions in the record books. And, realistically, the "streak" is all about the arduous nature of doing it in a single season. It makes very little sense to disregard playoffs + an off-season when the leagues teams change year by year. The Dubs happened to maintain most of their continuity, but hell even their coach effectively changed. It's 24 to me. 3rd longest ever instead of 2nd, no difference really.

FraziersKnicks
12-13-2015, 07:40 PM

I'm almost certain Bron had similarly impressive stretch in his 08-09 or 12-13 campaigns. What Curry has been doing is remarkable though and can only be compared to the prime play of less than a handful of players in NBA history. Quite amazing.

tredigs
12-13-2015, 07:51 PM
I'm almost certain Bron had similarly impressive stretch in his 08-09 or 12-13 campaigns. What Curry has been doing is remarkable though and can only be compared to the prime play of less than a handful of players in NBA history. Quite amazing.

He had a couple incredible stretches. When I get time tomorrow or Tuesday I'll delve into it a little.

Allphakenny1
12-13-2015, 09:25 PM
Andre Igoudala?

I hope you are not saying that a home grown team that signed a past his prime player who is now their sixth man and slightly revitalized his career is the same as three of the top stars in the league all teaming up together to win not 3, not 4, not 5, not 6 championships. I seriously doubt any team in league history has consisted of all players drafted by that team.

Allphakenny1
12-13-2015, 09:33 PM
I actually consider it 24 myself. There are two separate NBA distinctions in the record books. And, realistically, the "streak" is all about the arduous nature of doing it in a single season. It makes very little sense to disregard playoffs + an off-season when the leagues teams change year by year. The Dubs happened to maintain most of their continuity, but hell even their coach effectively changed. It's 24 to me. 3rd longest ever instead of 2nd, no difference really.

I am actually fine with counting last year as part of a winning streak, but do not like that the regular season and the playoffs are considered two different seasons. To me, any loss should end a winning streak so the playoff losses should count. The Warriors did win the last three playoff games so I would prefer their streak to be at 27 and tied for the second best ever winning streak.

I just think it would be a shame for a team to win the last 32 games of a season and have no shot as the all time winning streak. Also, if they lost their first game in the playoffs, it would be an equal shame to win the first two games of the next season and become the new record holders. I do not care about season to season, I just wish the playoffs counted in the streak.

IndyRealist
12-13-2015, 10:03 PM
I hope you are not saying that a home grown team that signed a past his prime player who is now their sixth man and slightly revitalized his career is the same as three of the top stars in the league all teaming up together to win not 3, not 4, not 5, not 6 championships. I seriously doubt any team in league history has consisted of all players drafted by that team.

Past his prime? What in the world are you talking about? He was Finals MVP. It's funny when a veteran player takes less money and sacrifices his numbers to win a champtionship he's "past his prime". You were probably saying Bosh was washed up as well.

goingfor28
12-13-2015, 10:15 PM
Double ot vs the celtics didn't help
Celtics beat Charlotte last night, didn't bother them.

CHANGO
12-13-2015, 11:35 PM
Okay. In your head it's 24. Officially it's 28.

Guess which one counts. :)

It seems that not only in my head the streak is 24. Many reasonable minds agree with me. ;)

PayDaPiper
12-14-2015, 12:09 AM
Past his prime? What in the world are you talking about? He was Finals MVP. It's funny when a veteran player takes less money and sacrifices his numbers to win a champtionship he's "past his prime". You were probably saying Bosh was washed up as well.

Warriors top 4 are all drafted by GS.

Curry
Klay
Barnes
Green

You can even argue Ezeli is better than Bogut at this stage, who was also drafted by GS.

YAALREADYKNO
12-14-2015, 01:35 AM
There's only one conor mcgregor!!!

Allphakenny1
12-14-2015, 02:10 AM

You really think Iggy is still in his prime? I am not saying he is not a good player, but he is not the player he once was.

Gander13SM
12-14-2015, 02:51 AM

I agree. It should be 24.

But if you look at the record books it's regarded as 28. So regardless of what we think it will always be 28. Fifty years from now it will be 28. 100 years from now when we're all dead it will be 28.

And the fact that these "fans" didn't know how the NBA counts streaks amazes me.

Gander13SM
12-14-2015, 02:53 AM
It seems that not only in my head the streak is 24. Many reasonable minds agree with me. ;)

Yes. But which one counts? What does it say in the record books? :)

Unfortunately. Our opinions are completely meaningless and worthless. They don't matter and never will.

The NBA decides these things. Like it or not, it is officially a 28 game win streak.

FraziersKnicks
12-14-2015, 04:24 AM
He had a couple incredible stretches. When I get time tomorrow or Tuesday I'll delve into it a little.

From a quick look at some of his game logs, he had a comparatively incredible stretch in 12-13 from 02/03/2013 to 03/29/2013 where he led the Heat to a 28-1 record and only shot below 50% in 4 of those 29 games.

27.4/7.9/7.7/1.9/1.0 on 58/41/76.

This included his stretch of 6 games at 30+ on >60% shooting and where he shot 60% for nearly a full month on high volume whilst playing DPOY level perimeter D.

Probably the most incredible stretch of play I've ever personally witnessed alongside what Steph has done this season. Would love to see the PER and WS/48 numbers for that little stretch by Bron but bball-ref doesn't seem to have that option on the game logs.

Sidenote: Would be really interesting to have a thread where people can compare some of the greatest stretches of games by their favourite player. Be it a 10 game sample size of half a season or whatever. Would love to see some crazy MJ ones, Kobe scoring binges or Shaq dominance. Or even some surprisingly good stretches by lesser known players.

IndyRealist
12-14-2015, 01:06 PM
You really think Iggy is still in his prime? I am not saying he is not a good player, but he is not the player he once was.

Finals mvp SIX MONTHS AGO. Like i said, people were saying the same thing a couple of years ago about Bosh. Now they'd kill to have him. When you have so many good players, someone has to sacrifice numbers to keep everything going. Doesn't mean he can't, just means he doesn't have to.

ewing
12-14-2015, 02:44 PM
There's only one conor mcgregor!!!

tredigs
12-14-2015, 02:59 PM
Nice Frazier, yeah those are the ones that definitely come to mind with Bron, along with Kobes 40 pt barrage and Durants great stretch in 13/14. At work but I'll look into it later. You should start that thread today to get it moving.

Chronz
12-14-2015, 03:16 PM
Nice Frazier, yeah those are the ones that definitely come to mind with Bron, along with Kobes 40 pt barrage and Durants great stretch in 13/14. At work but I'll look into it later. You should start that thread today to get it moving.

I would insert tmacs post as stretch. Must've been a 35 PER . I'll check

Chronz
12-14-2015, 04:07 PM
Just checked, Tmacs PER in March: 35.3 --- ORTG 123.2 (during the most offensively anemic, defensively charged era ever)

LeBron posted 37.3/137.3 in February(2013) tho

Checking out full season numbers vs top 10 defense yields interesting results too

03: Tmac 28.7 PER --- 113.3 ORTG

I noted back in the day that Kobe was leading the league in garbage time buckets during his scoring rampage, so its not exactly surprising that his league leading PER (28) drops behind against the best defenses.

06: KG-DIRK(Most efficient PER)-BRON: 26 PER
(Kobe 25.2)

Same thing happened to Durant in his MVP season. He posted the best PER against the league but against top-10 defenses, it was Bron with the highest PER (28.3), CP3 was 2nd with 27.9. Durant clocks in at 25.7 with inferior efficiency. The year prior, Bron was #1 with Melo ahead of Durant as well. Durants ORTG seems to drop the most against the toughest defenses relative to his peers.

FraziersKnicks
12-14-2015, 04:24 PM
Just checked, Tmacs PER in March: 35.3 --- ORTG 123.2 (during the most offensively anemic, defensively charged era ever)

LeBron posted 37.3/137.3 in February(2013) tho

Checking out full season numbers vs top 10 defense yields interesting results too

03: Tmac 28.7 PER --- 113.3 ORTG

I noted back in the day that Kobe was leading the league in garbage time buckets during his scoring rampage, so its not exactly surprising that his league leading PER (28) drops behind against the best defenses.

06: KG-DIRK(Most efficient PER)-BRON: 26 PER
(Kobe 25.2)

Same thing happened to Durant in his MVP season. He posted the best PER against the league but against top-10 defenses, it was Bron with the highest PER (28.3), CP3 was 2nd with 27.9. Durant clocks in at 25.7 with inferior efficiency. The year prior, Bron was #1 with Melo ahead of Durant as well. Durants ORTG seems to drop the most against the toughest defenses relative to his peers.

Where are you finding this stuff?! This is like crack to a stat guy :laugh2:

tredigs
12-14-2015, 07:06 PM
Yeah where did you get those from Chrondike bar? Frazier Statmuse.com is a fantastic stat site to screw around on also. Just gotta "sign up" with an email but it takes 2 seconds.