PDA

View Full Version : Pelicans Ryan Anderson may be headed North in Raptors trade

spreadeagle
12-12-2015, 05:04 AM
Raps have 4 first rounders next 2 years. Anderson is averaging 17 8 and 1.2 assists this season

The Toronto Raptors are currently in the hunt for one of the top spots in the Eastern Conference. While they are currently 3rd in the East at 14-9, the team has been rumored to look into more trades to improve their roster.

Analysts believe that the Raptors biggest deficiency lies in their thin front court rotation. While their back court is already stable with dynamic scorers like Kyle Lowry, DeMar DeRozan and emerging Cory Joseph, their front court has not seen any significant improvement over the past few years.

A potential trade partner for the Raptors could be the New Orleans
Pelicans. As per yibada.com, the Pelicans' Ryan Anderson could be on his way to the Raptors for draft picks and combo guard Delon Wright. This move would clearly be a financial one for the Pelicans as Anderson is an upcoming free agent. As reported by hoopsrumors.com, Anderson could possibly receive a max contract next season. With the Pelicans already strapped by huge contracts of Eric Gordon and Tyreke Evans, re-signing another non-All-Star would not be the best move for a franchise trying to move forward.

Adding an elite shooter like Anderson would help the Raptors' spacing and offensive flow. Though the Raptors have veterans Luis Scola and Patrick Patterson, none of these big men are as deadly from the outside like Anderson.

If the Raptors do decide to make the deal, they should aim to finalize quickly as other suitors for Anderson have emerged.

MonroeFAN
12-12-2015, 06:58 AM
Would be a great get for Toronto.

tsubibo
12-12-2015, 07:01 AM
Would be a good trade, Anderson still has a few good years left in him. Is he healthy though?

ClutchTime
12-12-2015, 09:09 AM
Would be a good trade, Anderson still has a few good years left in him. Is he healthy though?

He's out with an illness. No injury.

LanceUpperCut
12-12-2015, 10:21 AM
He's a good target but as a rental no way am I giving up Wright and a couple picks. Maybe something more like Patterson and Wright or Patterson and a non NYK pick.

R. Johnson#3
12-12-2015, 10:59 AM
He's a good target but as a rental no way am I giving up Wright and a couple picks. Maybe something more like Patterson and Wright or Patterson and a non NYK pick.

Hell no man! Patterson has a raptor skull on his table. We're never trading him!

Sly Guy
12-12-2015, 11:01 AM
ryan anderson is exactly the type of player the raps need. As long as the price isn't too high, I'm very intrigued by a deal to get him

BlueandWhite
12-12-2015, 11:47 AM
Hell no man! Patterson has a raptor skull on his table. We're never trading him!

This just in........Patrick Patterson trades Raptor Skull for Pelican Skeleton.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
12-12-2015, 11:50 AM
Yibada.com site is a flat out joke site. Heck they had a article of Mayo for Noel. So yeah all their ideas come from a message board. There's a few bad sites lately popping up with bogus rumors. This site is one of them. So I wouldn't get your hopes up.

warfelg
12-12-2015, 12:05 PM
Yibada.com site is a flat out joke site. Heck they had a article of Mayo for Noel. So yeah all their ideas come from a message board. There's a few bad sites lately popping up with bogus rumors. This site is one of them. So I wouldn't get your hopes up.

Reminds me of "Incarcerated Bob" on twitter. Throw a bunch of **** gathered anywhere against the wall and when one sticks, you beat your chest about how you are right. Never mind you got 1000 things wrong on the way to the truth.

HoopsDrive
12-12-2015, 02:31 PM
This would be a good acquisition for the Raptors. Patterson has been inconsistent, Scola is nice but we need some depth, Biyombo is a man down on offense a lot of the time.

Just don't give up the house for him.

bucketss
12-12-2015, 02:41 PM
haha, who the hell would give ryan andersen a max contract?

nickdymez
12-12-2015, 06:13 PM

lol,I was thinking the same thing

Sadds The Gr8
12-12-2015, 06:48 PM

lol,I was thinking the same thing

I wouldnt pay him this, but I heard he's wants in the 20m range

Quinnsanity
12-12-2015, 08:55 PM
Oh wow. I really like that fit. Now if only Jonas would play defense...

JasonJohnHorn
12-12-2015, 09:59 PM

Toronto :-(

basketballkitty
12-12-2015, 10:08 PM
It's because of that contract demand that the Pelicans won't get any real value for Anderson...maybe a 2nd rounder this draft, and a future one in 2018...but that's about all his value is.

5ass
12-12-2015, 10:38 PM
Would the raptors have any interest in only 7 mill/yr Frye?

Quinnsanity
12-13-2015, 06:54 AM

Magic wouldn't trade Frye with the way they've been playing recently. They definitely shopped him in the offseason but right now that deal looks pretty damn good.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
12-13-2015, 12:06 PM

Bucks could use Frye. Only legit bench PF we got is JOB. He's been alright this year but could use more.

warfelg
12-13-2015, 12:55 PM
Bucks could use Frye. Only legit bench PF we got is JOB. He's been alright this year but could use more.

Bucks could use a few guys like him.

The issue I see when I look at the Bucks, is not too many players on your team work well off ball. Parker, Monroe, Giannis, MCW, Middleton don't really strike me as the types of guys you ask to come off screens and shoot. They are all more the ball in hand beat the guy in front of you scoring type guy.

If they could they should move a guy or two for a off ball 3 shooter. Frye would be a good fit to pair with a starting frontline of Giannis and Monroe.

dalton749
12-13-2015, 02:30 PM
He would be a great fit with derozan, but biyombo would have to keep the starting spot, with valanciunas still getting his normal minutes off the bench. Would probably work a lot better as jv would be a bigger focal point on offense running the pnr with Joseph.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
12-13-2015, 02:37 PM
I suggested Bucks to trade for Anderson as well. But him as a expiring contract and if he decides to bolt for the rumored $20M to $24M per be scary let alone whatever we gave up to trade for him before he bolts.

mike_noodles
12-13-2015, 02:58 PM
God I hope we don't trade picks for a rental that doesn't actually make us more of a contender.

warfelg
12-13-2015, 03:19 PM
I suggested Bucks to trade for Anderson as well. But him as a expiring contract and if he decides to bolt for the rumored $20M to $24M per be scary let alone whatever we gave up to trade for him before he bolts.

1) He isn't worth that and 2) If a team does give him that they are insane.

But IMO Bucks need someone to be a shooter for them.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
12-13-2015, 03:59 PM
1) He isn't worth that and 2) If a team does give him that they are insane.

But IMO Bucks need someone to be a shooter for them.

Few articles suggested it. Thompson was over paid by the Cavs. Other bad contracts were handed out in the past. New TV deal. Wouldn't be shocked.

warfelg
12-13-2015, 04:04 PM
Few articles suggested it. Thompson was over paid by the Cavs. Other bad contracts were handed out in the past. New TV deal. Wouldn't be shocked.

I wouldn't be shocked, but I would laugh.

But if the cost isn't much I would consider it if I were you guys. Get him in house, maybe something good happens and he's happy, and willing to lower those demands to stay.

BHF
12-13-2015, 04:33 PM
Toronto :-(

Are you a pistons fan? If yes i really dont need to say more about signing free agents.