PDA

View Full Version : Have we lost interest in the NBA since the Big 3 breakup?

ChI_ShIzzLe
12-11-2015, 12:24 AM
I'm going around these forums and it's just dead everywhere, barely any activity in the threads. 2010 created a lot of "fans" both for Miami and those who wanted to see them lose. Now even the Bulls forum is dead(we used to have 1000+ posts every game), but I guess there's other reasons for that, Rose injuries, etc.

But I've noticed there just seems to be a general disinterest now every where, even ppl who used to go at it all the time on my Facebook are no longer posting NBA related things. We got a team making history, but no ones really excited about it because no one "hates" them.

Don't know what you guys think but this has been my observation, I will admit I've lost a lot of interest myself.

tredigs
12-11-2015, 12:38 AM
Actually interest in the sport is the highest in history. They just signed a (literally) game-changing 24 billion dollar long term TV deal, ticket sales are the highest they have ever been and shoe/jersey sales for Curry have already surpassed what Lebron was achieving. It's extremely popular.

This site just is not run very well, to be honest. There's a very similar site to PSD that focuses on basketball and has massive success. Only reason I still come here is because the posters are known commodities to me and I like hearing some of their opinions, but it offers very little overall and is certainly dying site wide. It'll be gone in a year or two.

Dade County
12-11-2015, 12:59 AM
Maybe people subconsciously are picking up something doesn't feel right about the sport.

Yes you are right that many people hoped on lets hate Lbj/HEAT, train. But i'm guessing that their isn't enough dominate teams record wise.

I don't think people have noticed but the East from night to night doesn't have any consistency; it's one big cluster **** of, I beat this team one night, and loss to this team thats not even better then the team I just beat the night before. And whala, most everyone is above avg in the East.

http://www.nba.com/standings/team_record_comparison/conferenceNew_Std_Cnf.html?ls=iref:nba:gnav

smh

lamzoka
12-11-2015, 01:01 AM
Actually interest in the sport is the highest in history. They just signed a (literally) game-changing 24 billion dollar long term TV deal, ticket sales are the highest they have ever been and shoe/jersey sales for Curry have already surpassed what Lebron was achieving. It's extremely popular.

This site just is not run very well, to be honest. There's a very similar site to PSD that focuses on basketball and has massive success. Only reason I still come here is because the posters are known commodities to me and I like hearing some of their opinions, but it offers very little overall and is certainly dying site wide. It'll be gone in a year or two.

Plz inbox me the other site. PSD is my first love. it will always be in my heart, but i need something new.

This is how i found about this site. I used to google "nba rumors" and psd was always the first link on top. I just used to come here and read the latest news. I don't know how i ended up in the forum section. that was never my thing. this is the first forum i ever joined. but its been one of the most visited sites on my mac ever since.

bucketss
12-11-2015, 01:04 AM
Plz inbox me the other site. PSD is my first love. it will always be in my heart, but i need something new.

This is how i found about this site. I used to google "nba rumors" and psd was always the first link on top. I just used to come here and read the latest news. I don't know how i ended up in the forum section. that was never my thing. this is the first forum i ever joined. but its been one of the most visited sites on my mac ever since.

same way i found the site. i remember thinking forums were nerdy and i probably wouldnt get into it :laugh2:

tredigs
12-11-2015, 01:04 AM

Likewise for me. But I started using it a ton because my bball friends in real life just never wanted to talk as in depth about random NBA nonsense as I do.

Quinnsanity
12-11-2015, 01:18 AM
Agree with everyone saying it's a PSD problem. Basketball might be in the best place it has ever been as a sport.

MasterWok
12-11-2015, 03:29 AM
I have been a long time lurker. Never too crazy but would poke in for trade deadlines, fa days and such. I was thinking that erlier it seems a llt less active than it was. I remember the nhl section use to have a lot of people discussing, almost none now.

I think, back In the day, this site grabbed a certain type of person, high school aged, and most simply grew out of it. It use to be way more interactive.

Jayb587
12-11-2015, 03:29 AM
Yea this forum is dead. No one hating LBJ since he left miami and no one hating on Kobe cuz hes old. Those where always the 2 most popular topics on this site.

lol, please
12-11-2015, 03:37 AM

PSD is the best forum imo, bar none. I will never leave. One of my favorite things about PSD is the heirarchy of main sports forums, and team forums at an exhaustive level.

Fellow posters just need to do their due diligence and spread the word and bring in new members, follow the twitter account, etc.

Lakers + Giants
12-11-2015, 05:08 AM
Too many god damn trolls. And still so many that get away with it, that simple.

MonroeFAN
12-11-2015, 06:35 AM
Go to reddit/NBA

MonroeFAN
12-11-2015, 06:37 AM
Maybe people subconsciously are picking up something doesn't feel right about the sport.

Yes you are right that many people hoped on lets hate Lbj/HEAT, train. But i'm guessing that their isn't enough dominate teams record wise.

I don't think people have noticed but the East from night to night doesn't have any consistency; it's one big cluster **** of, I beat this team one night, and loss to this team thats not even better then the team I just beat the night before. And whala, most everyone is above avg in the East.

http://www.nba.com/standings/team_record_comparison/conferenceNew_Std_Cnf.html?ls=iref:nba:gnav

smh

#1 don't last long partner.

xbrackattackx
12-11-2015, 09:56 AM

This. Literally to hear people I liked views. And catch up with friends. I check the forum everyday. But it's still not as fun as the old days.

The sim games have died here as well.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
12-11-2015, 10:26 AM
This site is pretty much dead.

Scoots
12-11-2015, 10:40 AM
Trolls, and the way the internet works people move around.

I'm not leaving soon.

Jayb587
12-11-2015, 12:26 PM
It's the Lakers fault lol. I remember when the Lakers were competing this site was jumping! Hundreds of people on the laker forum. Now, not so much. Only Miami had numbers close to that.

D-Leethal
12-11-2015, 12:55 PM
I think its two fold. A new generation of posters came in and made is a non stop hissy fit. This used to be the place where you wrote out long, thoughtful posts and had higher level analysis than your typical forum. Its a grade school parade nowadays.

It has since turned into that other forum rampant with memes, jokes, bashing, embedded images and other media that is more of a clown show than anything. Except we can't even post the media here so its even worse than that. Place has died, I'm pretty much over it.

CHANGO
12-11-2015, 03:23 PM
I remember the game threads of 2011, 2012 etc... In the regular season being about 70-100 pages everytime the HEAT played against any good team (Bulls, Celtics, Thunder, Spurs, Pacers, etc...). Oh the days.

BTW, for me the trolls ruined the discussions, too many damn trolls.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
12-11-2015, 03:26 PM
It's the Lakers fault lol. I remember when the Lakers were competing this site was jumping! Hundreds of people on the laker forum. Now, not so much. Only Miami had numbers close to that.

I can get a few 100+ lurkers easy spamming on twitter with psd link. But no one ever joins.

5ass
12-11-2015, 03:33 PM
I got banned from that other site LOL.

Hawkeye15
12-11-2015, 03:35 PM
someone needs to start a Curry thread

Hawkeye15
12-11-2015, 03:35 PM
PSD is like that fat wife who hates you, but you can't leave cause it will cost you too much

JWO35
12-11-2015, 03:51 PM
Internet forums are fueled by hate, in the NBA there's nothing to hate anymore...Kobe is old, Cleveland LeBron isn't as big/popular/good as Miami LeBron, and the Warriors are well liked by majority of casual NBA fans.

There's nothing that divides us anymore in the NBA which caused some to lose interest to even talk about it on Internet forums :shrug:

MILLERHIGHLIFE
12-11-2015, 04:18 PM

I was banned there as well. Also I remember when that mod from that site came to another forums and begged us to join. Funny stuff. But that heavily populated site can barely stay working either. It crashes a lot.

PowerHouse
12-11-2015, 04:24 PM

Well geez, you're making me regret getting a giant PSD logo tatted across my chest. :sigh:

5ass
12-11-2015, 05:19 PM
I was banned there as well. Also I remember when that mod from that site came to another forums and begged us to join. Funny stuff. But that heavily populated site can barely stay working either. It crashes a lot.

The Mods there are on some kind of power trip. If you expose their ignorance you get banned. They think they know everything about everything, it's pretty funny. They suspended me a couple of times, so I thought **** it, i'll keep pushing it until I get banned. It was literally because I proved how ignorant they are. It was actually that OKC Thunder mod that got all pissed off because I pointed out how the supporting cast around their big three was just a bunch of weak one dimensional players. That was before the season began. I'm sure he feels the same way now.

5ass
12-11-2015, 05:22 PM
The Mods here are much more easy going. Sometimes too much, but whatever. I hope this forum returns to its glory days. I joined in 2010 like many people searching for NBA rumours on google. It was a good forum.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
12-12-2015, 11:57 AM
PSD was pretty busy back in 2007. I wasn't as active then either. Once I got active I was asked to be a team mod.

Teeboy1487
12-12-2015, 01:12 PM

Exactly the way I found this site too.

Shammyguy3
12-12-2015, 01:20 PM

The Bulls forum was the most active team forum on this site by sheer number of posts; the Lakers/Knicks/Bulls/Heat were the most active

someone needs to start a Curry thread
:laugh:

PSD is like that fat wife who hates you, but you can't leave cause it will cost you too much

Then you get old, go grey and wonder why you ever stayed :(

KnicksorBust
12-12-2015, 01:31 PM

Maybe she let herself go a little but she isn't fat and she still puts out enough to keep things fun.

lamzoka
12-12-2015, 01:35 PM
Well geez, you're making me regret getting a giant PSD logo tatted across my chest. :sigh:

im weak :laugh:

JAZZNC
12-13-2015, 01:47 PM
Maybe she let herself go a little but she isn't fat and she still puts out enough to keep things fun.
I'd say that's about as true as you can get.
I feel like the NBA forum is better now that it ISN'T a constant parade of Kobe vs LeBron threads. That kinda turned me off from even looking at the NBA forum. I still don't post a lot in here but my interest is certainly coming back even if there are some f-***** that wanna just troll all the time.

I just wish I could use the term "moron" or "idiot" a little more liberally, I'd probably post a little more then haha!

joshhorvath
12-13-2015, 02:18 PM
We all know PSD is pretty lackluster..and that is why its driving away people. I joined after searching for toronto raptors rumors, and just ended up staying here.. maybe we can suggest some ways PSD can improve on itself?

MILLERHIGHLIFE
12-13-2015, 02:26 PM
I'd say that's about as true as you can get.
I feel like the NBA forum is better now that it ISN'T a constant parade of Kobe vs LeBron threads. That kinda turned me off from even looking at the NBA forum. I still don't post a lot in here but my interest is certainly coming back even if there are some f-***** that wanna just troll all the time.

I just wish I could use the term "moron" or "idiot" a little more liberally, I'd probably post a little more then haha!

I hear ya. I barely browsed the main NBA thread till last year or so. Earlier years when I first joined PSD it was really bad. Yeah I know we still get duplicate threads often here now. But back then you could see like 5 Kobe threads made in one day or Lebron. It got tasteless fast.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
12-13-2015, 02:28 PM
We all know PSD is pretty lackluster..and that is why its driving away people. I joined after searching for toronto raptors rumors, and just ended up staying here.. maybe we can suggest some ways PSD can improve on itself?

My suggestion would be spam PSD links on twitter to either your team board or any of the PSD forums. I do that for my Bucks and can get like 200 lurkers fast. But no luck for anyone to join.

JAZZNC
12-13-2015, 03:23 PM
I hear ya. I barely browsed the main NBA thread till last year or so. Earlier years when I first joined PSD it was really bad. Yeah I know we still get duplicate threads often here now. But back then you could see like 5 Kobe threads made in one day or Lebron. It got tasteless fast.
I feel like then you had "player fans" and not NBA fans posting all the time. Now it actually is NBA discussions and not just constantly debating two players over and over again. But I guess that is what happens when the league as a whole is changing and the dominant forces in the game (both players and teams) are in flux. I feel like this a great time to be an NBA fan and I enjoy reading and discussing all the great young players/teams in the league right now. There is a lot to be excited about if you like the basketball!! Even if my Jazz just can't get relevant haha!

KINGOFSPORTS
12-13-2015, 03:48 PM
Site is overmoderated

KINGOFSPORTS
12-13-2015, 03:56 PM
Internet forums are fueled by hate, in the NBA there's nothing to hate anymore...Kobe is old, Cleveland LeBron isn't as big/popular/good as Miami LeBron, and the Warriors are well liked by majority of casual NBA fans.

There's nothing that divides us anymore in the NBA which caused some to lose interest to even talk about it on Internet forums :shrug:

The efforts by the owners to level the playing field are going to hurt them in the end.

I don't care how good OKC is.... I will never be excited about them because they are in OKC...

Now if the Knicks were good... that's compelling

Da Knicks
12-13-2015, 04:44 PM
Knicks sucking and all the crap the fans get for sticking to the team hurt the site, many knick fans have left. Rose being hurt made the Bulls less enjoyable so many fans quit posting and they also had a big following. Pretty much the big market franchises not doing well hurt this site since most of the fans cheered for those teams. Lakers, Knicks and Bulls was a big portion of the people who posted, sadly the teams these days have little to give fans optimism to post.

TheNumber37
12-13-2015, 04:50 PM
No.

This Warrior stuff is incredible. That's just all there is. Has nothing to do with Miami Heat. That's silly

sep11ie
12-13-2015, 05:10 PM
This site just sucks now. Trolls galore, always has glitches, and only a few decent posters now. All forums on PSD are slow now

KnicksorBust
12-13-2015, 11:22 PM
There is less overall activity but the amount of posters that I regularly read and reply to has probably increased thanks to some new additions this year like Scoots, Valade, Redrum and the old reliables (you know who you are).

EAGLES3658
12-13-2015, 11:33 PM
It sucks seeing this forum as a whole lose so much activity and a lot of quality guys too. The MLB forum is super dead. The Eagles forum is dead compared to the past and the Yankees forum has declined as well. I always wonder what happened, when I joined this site all the main forums were incredibly active.

likemystylez
12-14-2015, 12:02 AM
I'm going around these forums and it's just dead everywhere, barely any activity in the threads. 2010 created a lot of "fans" both for Miami and those who wanted to see them lose. Now even the Bulls forum is dead(we used to have 1000+ posts every game), but I guess there's other reasons for that, Rose injuries, etc.

But I've noticed there just seems to be a general disinterest now every where, even ppl who used to go at it all the time on my Facebook are no longer posting NBA related things. We got a team making history, but no ones really excited about it because no one "hates" them.

Don't know what you guys think but this has been my observation, I will admit I've lost a lot of interest myself.

ummm, you are aware that the 2015 Finals had better ratings than any finals the big 3 were in and better than any since Jordan left.

Jayb587
12-14-2015, 02:16 AM
ummm, you are aware that the 2015 Finals had better ratings than any finals the big 3 were in and better than any since Jordan left.

Ratings of people mostly wanting to see lebron lose. Someone else said it, NBA is fueled by hate. GSW are the good guys so no one really cares to talk about them much. If that was Kobe or lebron dominating the league like GS we would have threads galore.

tredigs
12-14-2015, 02:25 AM
Ratings of people mostly wanting to see lebron lose. Someone else said it, NBA is fueled by hate. GSW are the good guys so no one really cares to talk about them much. If that was Kobe or lebron dominating the league like GS we would have threads galore.

The NBA is more popular today than at any point in history.

Feel free try to prove that statement wrong.

Hint: You can't

Don't let this joke of a site delude you.

Guppyfighter
12-14-2015, 03:25 AM

No, the mods let this forum die by not banning people who purposefully degrade high level discussion.

I told them this would happen, but we really needed Kobe stans and guys who were here to just **** with the discussion.

KingPosey
12-14-2015, 03:46 AM
PSD is the best forum imo, bar none. I will never leave. One of my favorite things about PSD is the heirarchy of main sports forums, and team forums at an exhaustive level.

Fellow posters just need to do their due diligence and spread the word and bring in new members, follow the twitter account, etc.

I love PSD, always will, but there certainly is a problem.

Also, it is absolutely not the members job to drive revenue for the website. It's their job to keep it relevant and create money for themsleves

Captain Moroni
12-14-2015, 09:10 AM
It sucks seeing this forum as a whole lose so much activity and a lot of quality guys too. The MLB forum is super dead. The Eagles forum is dead compared to the past and the Yankees forum has declined as well. I always wonder what happened, when I joined this site all the main forums were incredibly active.

What happened to PSD was inevitable. What was once sports talk turned into a vulgarity based outlet for immature people who couldn't give an opinion without degrading everyone else. The "moderators" became the enemy because they were all over the board with what was and wasn't allowed. If they just came up with rules and enforced them equally, the forum would be strong. Instead sports talk turned into bashing each other to a pulp.

Captain Moroni
12-14-2015, 09:15 AM

What happened to PSD was inevitable. What was once sports talk turned into a vulgarity based outlet for immature people who couldn't give an opinion without degrading everyone else. The "moderators" became the enemy because they were all over the board with what was and wasn't allowed. If they just came up with rules and enforced them equally, the forum would be strong. Instead sports talk turned into bashing each other to a pulp.

KnicksorBust
12-14-2015, 12:46 PM

You don't think the exploding popularity of twitter had any impact? You really think it is all a quality control issue?

Jayb587
12-14-2015, 02:45 PM
The NBA is more popular today than at any point in history.

Feel free try to prove that statement wrong.

Hint: You can't

Don't let this joke of a site delude you.

lol why this site gotta be a joke. NBA may be getting the highest ratings then before since casual fans like to tune in and watch all these points being scored. but the chatter around it is to a minimum. no controversy. even in the barbershop convos go like this "yea GSW are the best" next topic lmao.

ewing
12-14-2015, 02:46 PM
You don't think the exploding popularity of twitter had any impact? You really think it is all a quality control issue?

banning all people who are good at posting on the site doesn't help

Chronz
12-14-2015, 05:14 PM
Pretty sure it was saddletramp that said it best, "we're all dicks to each other". I turned off sigs and avatars for awhile so Im forgetting which one of you is which.

Saddletramp
12-14-2015, 06:32 PM
Pretty sure it was saddletramp that said it best, "we're all dicks to each other". I turned off sigs and avatars for awhile so Im forgetting which one of you is which.

Yeah. I think tredigs, Flashbolt (where'd he go?) and I were just nitpicking and being total a-holes to each other for probably a dumb reason and I wondered why. I instantly regret getting dragged down to that level sometimes but I got the stubborn Irish blood and I get bored occasionally so I turn into a dick.

Although I sound like a hypocrite because I posted in the thread, but that political thread about Barkley needed/needs to be shut down or moved pronto.

Another thing is sometimes people are cracking jokes or making sarcastic observations and it comes off the wrong way in typed form (hence why we get 😀s and 😂's among others-exactly what I just did in the nepotism thread). And I think some posters need to be banned even if they haven't "broken the rules" enough. Some people are just trolling and everyone knows it, but for some reason, they get a pass.

numba1CHANGsta
12-14-2015, 06:48 PM
The only one's who lost "interest" are all the bandwagon fans

tredigs
12-14-2015, 07:08 PM
Yeah. I think tredigs, Flashbolt (where'd he go?) and I were just nitpicking and being total a-holes to each other for probably a dumb reason and I wondered why. I instantly regret getting dragged down to that level sometimes but I got the stubborn Irish blood and I get bored occasionally so I turn into a dick.

Although I sound like a hypocrite because I posted in the thread, but that political thread about Barkley needed/needs to be shut down or moved pronto.

Another thing is sometimes people are cracking jokes or making sarcastic observations and it comes off the wrong way in typed form (hence why we get 😀s and 😂's among others-exactly what I just did in the nepotism thread). And I think some posters need to be banned even if they haven't "broken the rules" enough. Some people are just trolling and everyone knows it, but for some reason, they get a pass.

I annoy myself all the time with how aggressive I can be in conversations on here. Definitely way more agreeable in reality, so I don't know why I do that here.

JasonJohnHorn
12-15-2015, 09:56 AM
I think it is the forum in general, not the game itself.

Forums like those hosted by Reddit have become extremely popular and usurp readership/contributors here.

I like this forum because it's smaller so I recognize people and though I don't talk to anybody on here outside of here, it's kind of like their are 'friends' here, or people you know. There is something nice about the familiarity; you either role your eyes because the same person is laying down the same horse $#!T again, or somebody your recognize is raising a valid point. You are also able to remember what some users have posted before regarding certain players, so you can fall back on mutual reference points. You can't do that on Reddit. Reddit I use just to read; I don't often leave comments ther.

But no, the of the highest rates regular season games have happened this season during the GSW run; and the LBJ triple-double finals and leading teams in pts/rbs/asts was a huge story, as was GSW's title run. I see the NBA being reported more in the regular media than it has likely since LBJ jumped ship, and maybe even more than when Koke and Shaq were imploding during the rapse trial/failed title run.

tredigs
12-15-2015, 10:06 AM
lol why this site gotta be a joke. NBA may be getting the highest ratings then before since casual fans like to tune in and watch all these points being scored. but the chatter around it is to a minimum. no controversy. even in the barbershop convos go like this "yea GSW are the best" next topic lmao.
There's so much to talk about, and I've given a ton of my time/thoughts to this site. Too much. I've also offered them some potential solutions to their traffic issues over the past 3 years, and they have taken exactly none of them. You reap what you sow, and unfortunately whoever runs this site has apparently thrown in the towel.

lol, please
12-15-2015, 10:58 PM
I think it is the forum in general, not the game itself.

Forums like those hosted by Reddit have become extremely popular and usurp readership/contributors here.

I like this forum because it's smaller so I recognize people and though I don't talk to anybody on here outside of here, it's kind of like their are 'friends' here, or people you know. There is something nice about the familiarity; you either role your eyes because the same person is laying down the same horse $#!T again, or somebody your recognize is raising a valid point. You are also able to remember what some users have posted before regarding certain players, so you can fall back on mutual reference points. You can't do that on Reddit. Reddit I use just to read; I don't often leave comments ther.

But no, the of the highest rates regular season games have happened this season during the GSW run; and the LBJ triple-double finals and leading teams in pts/rbs/asts was a huge story, as was GSW's title run. I see the NBA being reported more in the regular media than it has likely since LBJ jumped ship, and maybe even more than when Koke and Shaq were imploding during the rapse trial/failed title run.
Well said. :clap:

WOwolfOL
12-16-2015, 02:25 AM
Is this a PSD problem or a message board problem that has grown more and more prevalent as people turn to other avenues of 'social media'?

All of the old message boards I used to post on (of varying subject matter) are friggin ghost towns now. People are too busy telling everybody what they ate and that their kid farted for the first time.

tredigs
12-16-2015, 02:39 AM
Is this a PSD problem or a message board problem that has grown more and more prevalent as people turn to other avenues of 'social media'?

All of the old message boards I used to post on (of varying subject matter) are friggin ghost towns now. People are too busy telling everybody what they ate and that their kid farted for the first time.
I only know of PSD and the site they are so scared of here that they hilariously have it as a banned phrase, but that site is very alive.

FlashBolt
12-16-2015, 02:42 PM
The other BBall sites are very active but it is incredibly bothersome to become a part of. You have to go through various verification processes and then wait for a brief period before you can even make a post. Also helps though, since you have legitimate users who want to post instead of just troll.

WOwolfOL
12-16-2015, 08:47 PM
I only know of PSD and the site they are so scared of here that they hilariously have it as a banned phrase, but that site is very alive.
Must say I'm surprised. PSD is the only one worth a damn to me anymore.

PurpleJesus
12-16-2015, 09:14 PM
This site is pretty much dead.

This. PSD isnt what it used to be.

Sportfan
12-16-2015, 09:22 PM
What made PSD thrive over the two other forums (both starting with R) was the familiarity with users. I remember back in 2009-2013 this site was just filled with cliques and drama, and while some of it caused a lot of problems, it made PSD fun, almost like high school in a good way. It was easy to distinct users by the boldness of the username right above the post, avatars, signatures, the basketball specific forum is good on the eyes but you barely recognize users because their usernames are on the left side of the post and it is strictly a basketball forum whereas PSD has GD, Music, OT etc. forums where you get to meet users. Reddit is just a big cluster**** in terms of members but you hardly see the amount of flaming and baiting you see on PSD, and the good posts get sent to the top so you don't have to endure the trolling. That being said it's almost impossible to recognize users since the site is massive.

The re-draft mock offseason the sim league was also instrumental in making PSD a commodity. I remember those things being a major hit a few years ago and it seems like it's been waning down since about 2012. You couldn't find that level of activity anywhere else on the internet and it was a great way of making aquaintances further than sports discussion. So many forums tried to spinoff of PSD's success as being a well-rounded sports forum that also had appeal to other popculture topics, but none of them succeeded.

PSD lot a lot of good posters due to politics of the admin team originally, and then the inability to contain trolling/baiting. I rarely check out this site now. I rarely post on the other 2 main sites just because you can't get involved in the same level of discussion as you could on here. PSD at its peak was without a doubt my favorite sports site ever, but it's just not the same anymore and the run is probably nearing the end. I think the main site makes PSD way more money than the forum anyway.

Sportfan
12-16-2015, 09:24 PM

Disagree. Even during the offseason this forum was popping site-wide. It's just not enjoyable anymore and the quality posters and nazi administration has deteriorated the site.

No, the mods let this forum die by not banning people who purposefully degrade high level discussion.

I told them this would happen, but we really needed Kobe stans and guys who were here to just **** with the discussion.

Nah, the problem is trolls would say stupid things, and the PSD Rulebook doesn't view that as a bannable offense. But if you respond to a troll in a way that is demeaning, you're automatically banned. This is what drove some of the best posters away. PSD was basically saying its ok to post dumb statements, but if you prove them wrong in a way that can be perceived as insulting, you're gone.

Sportfan
12-16-2015, 09:39 PM

I would say twitter prevented an avalanche of new members joining, but the quality control is what drove away existing members. Just off the top of my head, the new forum look which was terrible, the constant servers being down, mods that were hired because of their level of activity, not their ability to be unbiased, constant deletion of threads in GD forum, lack of freedom to discussing various topics.

PSD restricted so many things, and I understand some of it was to keep this as a professional site, but I mean no media allowed to be postedTwitter and Reddit exploded because they allow for internet freedom. Buzzfeed is another one. Those sites THRIVE on freedom on memes/pictures/videos, and they all have rules as well to keep it from becoming a shithole. P? It sort of reminds me of WWE, they became so complacent because they were the top sports forum on the internet for years, that they refused to adapt the site as the internet evolved. Instead they were focused on being PC and changing tick-tacky things that weren't necessary. Everything about this site just seems so 2010, and it's upgraded almost nothing since the terrible forum layout a few years ago.

anyways that's my rant on the site, I truly miss the days when this was my most visited site and I could spend hours talking to people.

PurpleJesus
12-16-2015, 09:47 PM
PSD also came out at a time when sports forums were kind of a new thing, and PSD was one of the better ones. Now its outdated.

Basically, PSD is to other forums, what MySpace was for Facebook.

sixer04fan
12-16-2015, 10:16 PM
I think the rise of team blog writer sites (in quantity AND quality) has really put a damper on a lot of traditional, staler forum sites. More and more, they provide good content with "internet" appeal (coming from younger writers, generally), while also providing discussion threads between the blog writers and the fans. People can go there now for content, entertainment, and get their voice heard like on these forums. They're also amassing huge followings on twitter. And as "NBA twitter" gets larger and larger, so do these sites.

lol, please
12-17-2015, 06:43 PM
I would say twitter prevented an avalanche of new members joining, but the quality control is what drove away existing members. Just off the top of my head, the new forum look which was terrible, the constant servers being down, mods that were hired because of their level of activity, not their ability to be unbiased, constant deletion of threads in GD forum, lack of freedom to discussing various topics.

PSD restricted so many things, and I understand some of it was to keep this as a professional site, but I mean no media allowed to be postedTwitter and Reddit exploded because they allow for internet freedom. Buzzfeed is another one. Those sites THRIVE on freedom on memes/pictures/videos, and they all have rules as well to keep it from becoming a shithole. P? It sort of reminds me of WWE, they became so complacent because they were the top sports forum on the internet for years, that they refused to adapt the site as the internet evolved. Instead they were focused on being PC and changing tick-tacky things that weren't necessary. Everything about this site just seems so 2010, and it's upgraded almost nothing since the terrible forum layout a few years ago.

anyways that's my rant on the site, I truly miss the days when this was my most visited site and I could spend hours talking to people.
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Saddletramp
12-17-2015, 11:12 PM
^Annoying part of the problem

There's also pop ups now about cameras (on my phone at least) that pop right up at the top where the navigating prompts are. So when I want to check out a different forum or go back to the NBA forum, I have to maneuver around that darn pop up. It's annoying.

Another annoying thing that isn't happening anymore was how I couldn't have the cut and paste prompt on my phone for more than 0.05 seconds before it would disappear. It was going on for months but it hasn't been an issue since September it so. It was almost as annoying as these other two annoying things.

These last two things might only be on my end but I've never had these problems with any other forum or website.

Corey
12-18-2015, 01:45 AM
I wouldn't be against a site wide un-ban to see if old users would come back. Start everyone fresh.

ewing
12-18-2015, 02:58 PM
I wouldn't be against a site wide un-ban to see if old users would come back. Start everyone fresh.

that's a good idea. We have a thread about best PSD moments in the GD forum and almost everything mention revolves around banned users. Throw out everyone points take back all the permabans and roll

IKnowHoops
12-19-2015, 12:43 AM

Yo, I 100% found out about the site the same exact way.

IKnowHoops
12-19-2015, 12:47 AM
that's a good idea. We have a thread about best PSD moments in the GD forum and almost everything mention revolves around banned users. Throw out everyone points take back all the permabans and roll

And they should never ban someone forever IMO. Just month long bans at most. You need to allow all people on this site. You want as many opinions as possible. You want as many personalities as possible. If you allow only sensible posters, then they will just agree very quickly and there will be nothing to discuss.

ewing
12-19-2015, 09:07 AM
And they should never ban someone forever IMO. Just month long bans at most. You need to allow all people on this site. You want as many opinions as possible. You want as many personalities as possible. If you allow only sensible posters, then they will just agree very quickly and there will be nothing to discuss.

I think that is where they really ****ed up. there was awhile where the mods became this little snobby intellectual click and they banned anyone that wasn't just like them.

Hawkeye15
12-19-2015, 09:08 AM

I was a very lenient mod, but there are some users that can't control themselves.

RLundi
12-22-2015, 12:47 PM
******.com

EDIT: just wanted to see what "the site" was that everyone keeps mentioning but omitting its name. I think I figured it out: R-e-a-l GM? I'm not sure.

Anyway, I saw someone's idea about unbanning all users that have been banned. I'd like to see that passed. Let's see if PSD can be more active with some of the OG posters that have left. This site has basically turned obsolete, and it kinda makes me sad because PSD is the only forum for me. If I don't post here anymore, I won't post anywhere at all. I've become a lurker as of late because there is just no traffic or activity going on here. The very thought of joining another site and starting ALL over again with no posts is disheartening. We desperately need to figure out a way to make PSD like it was in its glory days the first couple of years I joined.

Scoots
12-23-2015, 12:06 PM
I agree there should be a mass unbanning.

Scoots
12-23-2015, 12:06 PM
******.com

Just checking ... wow, that's paranoid in the extreme.

nycericanguy
12-23-2015, 02:02 PM
yea it sucks that this site is dying... the is the only sports site I post on and the site that really got me into the idea of a forum. i do think they should have allowed more "troll posts"... i think posters like domefavors made the site more interesting...lol

ewing
12-23-2015, 02:10 PM
yea it sucks that this site is dying... the is the only sports site I post on and the site that really got me into the idea of a forum. i do think they should have allowed more "troll posts"... i think posters like domefavors made the site more interesting...lol

remember that crazy SOB in the knicks forum you used to write in all emojis? He found the GD forum and they ran him out of town in like month

MonroeFAN
12-25-2015, 03:12 PM

I too was banned. Doesn't take much. Happened during the ECF run vs the Cavs. Definitely preferential treatment.

COOLbeans
03-17-2016, 01:03 AM
******.com

EDIT: just wanted to see what "the site" was that everyone keeps mentioning but omitting its name. I think I figured it out: R-e-a-l GM? I'm not sure.

Anyway, I saw someone's idea about unbanning all users that have been banned. I'd like to see that passed. Let's see if PSD can be more active with some of the OG posters that have left. This site has basically turned obsolete, and it kinda makes me sad because PSD is the only forum for me. If I don't post here anymore, I won't post anywhere at all. I've become a lurker as of late because there is just no traffic or activity going on here. The very thought of joining another site and starting ALL over again with no posts is disheartening. We desperately need to figure out a way to make PSD like it was in its glory days the first couple of years I joined.

we were all younger.. But a lot of guys who we talked to everyday on here were banned, or others lost interest because of what everyone's been saying. And this cycle has continued. I watched it for years, and now it's happened to me. They should bring on the unban system and see what happens.

DODGERS&LAKERS
03-17-2016, 02:32 AM
What happened to JordansBulls? That Spanish Lakers fan (forgot his name) domefavors and another troll net fan. There was also a troll Heat fan who I never see anymore. Tyler I think? Knicks fans would know who I'm talking about. Clippersfan 86. We need them back. They would bait people, people would bite and this site was jumping. I have no other forum to go to. Im loyal to a fault. Ive never joined another site and I hope I don't have to.

DODGERS&LAKERS
03-17-2016, 02:35 AM
SMH, just noticed this thread was bumped. Half the people that posted in this thread are all probably gone by now like the rest. A tumble weed just rolled across my screen as i typed this.

Saddletramp
03-17-2016, 05:12 AM
Yeah, Clippersfan86 talked a bunch of **** but he's been gone all season. He said he was moving to Washington state then just never returned.

And if guys get unbanned, I say that courtesy doesn't extend to ThuglifeJ. That guy was nothing but troll.

eso
03-17-2016, 06:30 AM
What happened to JordansBulls? That Spanish Lakers fan (forgot his name) domefavors and another troll net fan. There was also a troll Heat fan who I never see anymore. Tyler I think? Knicks fans would know who I'm talking about. Clippersfan 86. We need them back. They would bait people, people would bite and this site was jumping. I have no other forum to go to. Im loyal to a fault. Ive never joined another site and I hope I don't have to.

Hellcrooner.... That man was dope as ****.

ghettosean
03-17-2016, 06:51 AM
I think that is where they really ****ed up. there was awhile where the mods became this little snobby intellectual click and they banned anyone that wasn't just like them.

Yep this is exactly the way things went down with PSD... I remember when "amos1er" was banned (one of the best posters I've seen on this site I might add) and he joined back with a new nickname and wrote a passionate plea about the bull that went on for him being banned just to show how much he loved posting here and I mean that combined with the amount of time he was with PSD and his amount of posts and threads he created is definitely a small sample size of how the previous mods (some current) that have fugged up this site.

Ban those mods and lets reinstate the posters that helped make this site great... Or wallowing in mediocrity is good also if the owners of PSD wants to do that.

(Also the click you are talking about Ewing was the Love Lebron click or get banned crew... Fah-king losers!)

Yeah you read it ban me too come get me... lol

CardinalRed24
03-18-2016, 01:08 PM
Likewise for me. But I started using it a ton because my bball friends in real life just never wanted to talk as in depth about random NBA nonsense as I do.

THIS.

I couldn't possibly relate more..

Basically my life story!

Most of my friends love to play basketball and of course know the basics, but if you asked most of them who the starting pg of the Nuggets is they'd really have to think about it. And if they manage to answer correctly, its most likely BC they used that team in 2k a few times.
Ask them who they think the best player in the league is..."Allen Iverson" why? "because he's the best dribbler and nobody can guard him" ....OH ok!

Nother' Quick example...years ago when Yao Ming first entered the league, I had a few buddies that started arguing with me, saying Ming is going to freaking dominate, Shaq is NO match , he's going to win, win, win and be the best center in the NBA and possibly all time....
Yeah, No.
They would not listen. Just clueless. After a few years they tried acting like they never said anything like that.
Gtfo! I really can't take that! I need knowledgeable fans to talk sports with. Period.
like i can't even talk with my friends about sports w/o getting angry or frustrated at some point. Always correcting them in my mind, explaining things to them in detail to try and make them understand and they just look at you with a blank stare and begin to zone out.

Now I'm not saying ALL my friends are like that but you'd be surprised at how many overall.

That's a big reason I visit PSD frequently.

COOLbeans
03-18-2016, 05:15 PM
Warriors fans went hard during the hay days (when we sucked) because there was more to talk about.

LA_Raiders
03-18-2016, 10:53 PM
NBA is not the same as it was 5 years ago. There is not enough rivalries with players and teams; the game is very soft and sometimes boring, all they do is shot 3s now a days. PSD us banning the posters out of here.

sep11ie
03-18-2016, 11:17 PM
PSD is just a dead site now across the board.

Davisayan
03-18-2016, 11:43 PM
Been visiting PSD site for more than a decade for news/rumors. I would only visit the forum area if a topic I read caught my eye and wanted to see what everyone felt about it. This stopped when they got strict about creating threads and threads were being moved to its "proper" location. Having to scroll through hundreds of posts before seeing what I wanted to see is what caused me to visit PSD less and less. I do miss the PSD of old, a bunch of knowledgeable posters who knew what they were talking about (for the most part). Reading posts on team pages on FB isn't the same, I mean many of the people that post there probably can't even name the whole roster of the team they like.

joshhorvath
03-19-2016, 01:29 AM
i guess we should change this thread from "have we lost interest in the NBA" to "Have we lost interest in PSD"

europagnpilgrim
03-19-2016, 01:49 AM
It has to do with the weak ncaa crop of talent entering today in the league as a whole, the league will always be driven by the talent level of the ncaa which is not comparable to the 90's or that 2003 class and prior draft classes like the 80's also

even the HS straight to nba were better than the current crop of current ncaa

its a reason why most people say most recent drafts are not what they use to be and the top 3 picks after that are pretty much just decent to average players, nothing franchise changing so that's why the nba has lost interest, the lottery is for the top 3 teams who get those picks but years ago you could land a Kobe at bottom of the lottery and Manu and others in 2nd round as gems, that is not the case anymore

its a reason why the nba has gone to so called euro style to flush the league with more finesse and 3pt style shooting bigs, the nba should never be at a dying position of the true big man Center, the nba needs all the positions to be traditional just like its always been

its a reason why Stern rode young Lebron for his final Commissioner stretch then handed the torch to Silver, the nba is not at its highest ratings, if so its all fixed ratings to make it seem it is, but organically Its nowhere near the box office it use to be

its a reason why the Saturday primetime games are pretty much the same teams over and over, back in the early 00's and 90's a lot more teams were showcased because the talent was supreme and spread out, easily, anyone who say different is just hanging on the edge of a cliff

numba1CHANGsta
03-19-2016, 02:23 AM
People lost interest cuz the East sucks, its basically any team LeBron is on in the Finals every year. The NBA has gotten too predictable

ISIAH_THOMAS
03-19-2016, 03:01 AM
Yup NBA right now to predicable. You might have a good regular season, but you know once the playoff starts you aren't going very far or have 0 chance to win a title. Really only 3 teams in the NBA who have a chance at winning the title. Warriors,Spurs or Cavs. Basically 95% of the league could only dream to win a title right now in the NBA. I was watching March madness and I might prefer it to the NBA playoffs. Love watching things with parity

Scoots
03-19-2016, 11:15 AM
It's more the fragmenting of attention than anything else.

IamAlwaysRight
03-20-2016, 04:29 PM
because sites like this try to stop any debate.

COOLbeans
03-22-2016, 06:04 PM
It has to do with the weak ncaa crop of talent entering today in the league as a whole, the league will always be driven by the talent level of the ncaa which is not comparable to the 90's or that 2003 class and prior draft classes like the 80's also

even the HS straight to nba were better than the current crop of current ncaa

its a reason why most people say most recent drafts are not what they use to be and the top 3 picks after that are pretty much just decent to average players, nothing franchise changing so that's why the nba has lost interest, the lottery is for the top 3 teams who get those picks but years ago you could land a Kobe at bottom of the lottery and Manu and others in 2nd round as gems, that is not the case anymore

its a reason why the nba has gone to so called euro style to flush the league with more finesse and 3pt style shooting bigs, the nba should never be at a dying position of the true big man Center, the nba needs all the positions to be traditional just like its always been

its a reason why Stern rode young Lebron for his final Commissioner stretch then handed the torch to Silver, the nba is not at its highest ratings, if so its all fixed ratings to make it seem it is, but organically Its nowhere near the box office it use to be

its a reason why the Saturday primetime games are pretty much the same teams over and over, back in the early 00's and 90's a lot more teams were showcased because the talent was supreme and spread out, easily, anyone who say different is just hanging on the edge of a cliff

Draymond Green in the 2nd round? But I digress, I agree the league is softer now, and therefore destroys the rivalries because they're all friends and ****. Social Media and Instagram probably hasnt helped either, these guys dont want to be great anymore.

The league needs to readjust some of the rules back to the original way that the game was supposed to be played.

COOLbeans
03-22-2016, 06:08 PM
It's more the fragmenting of attention than anything else.

I agree with this as well. A lot of this has to do with the prevelence of social media and the 24 hour news cycles, including ESPN, and the connectivity of the general public to the "stars." Prior, there was some mystery to these people (same in the movie industry), and now they're everywhere at all times. People are bored.

These industries sold out genuine interest for quick billions. but over time, I wonder if it'll be the right move.