PDA

View Full Version : Rose vs Arenas

5ass
12-10-2015, 05:07 PM
Both were great players in their prime, but injuries killed them. Who was the better player? Who had the better career?

YAALREADYKNO
12-10-2015, 05:21 PM
Rose

Bostonjorge
12-10-2015, 05:57 PM
MVP Rose easily.

Agent zero was a superstar in 2007 but MVP Rose was more feared.

tsubibo
12-10-2015, 10:45 PM
Rose. Leads 1-0 in MVPs.

KnicksorBust
12-10-2015, 10:51 PM
Can anyone really say for sure Arenas wouldn't have been an MVP candidate if he was on that Bulls team with elite defenders and could just be a playmaker?

Alayla
12-10-2015, 10:55 PM
Looking at longevity alone you have to say Arenas but even looking at peak year Arenas was actually more productive and slighty more efficient than rose granted he did play more minutes than rose because a player playing 42 mins a game was not nearly as much of a wild prospect back then.

Rose had an MVP award gifted to him because of assumed future value more than anything else and judging a player by MVP awards is flawed in the first place.

Its like if i said AI was a better player than CP3
Iverson 1 MVP 1 Finals appearance does Chris Paul have an MVP and Finals appearance SEE SEE!

Back to the main point though strikingly similar career paths and carrer numbers but Gilbert kept it up for almost twice as long (assuming rose retired today) and the comparison is only going to look worse for rose the longer he sticks around in the NBA at this point.

Alayla
12-10-2015, 11:00 PM
Can anyone really say for sure Arenas wouldn't have been an MVP candidate if he was on that Bulls team with elite defenders and could just be a playmaker?

Can anyone say for sure rose ever deserved to win MVP in the first place? i cant see one good arugement for it myself he wasn't even the most valuable point guard let alone player.

bucketss
12-11-2015, 12:01 AM
damn i remember arenas use to be a beast, pull up for game winning threes and walk away before it even went in.his biggest fail though was when he guaranteed he would drop 60 on the blazers but ended up getting locked down.

basch152
12-11-2015, 03:56 AM
Arenas, easily.

Rose is probably the least deserving mvp award winner I've ever seen

BHF
12-11-2015, 04:13 AM
Can anyone say for sure rose ever deserved to win MVP in the first place? i cant see one good arugement for it myself he wasn't even the most valuable point guard let alone player.

This.

slashsnake
12-11-2015, 05:09 AM

I'd agree there... Top 5-10 player sure. Guy you think might be the next best thing.. sure. But MVP that year was easily Lebron (see Cleveland vs. Miami with his change).. Obviously he wasn't getting it though with how people felt about him.

Maybe Dirk but his numbers were a bit down that year.
Durant maybe? I think it was a bit soon, I think the thought on him at the time was more like another Melo where he didn't have the all around game yet.
Dwight I could have seen that year.
Kobe was starting to slow down a bit but Lakers were good.
CP3 was having a down year with a mediocre Hornets team.

I guess he'd be fine as top 5 in the voting. Dwight or Lebron or Durant would have been my personal pick.

In the end if Rose never becomes anything else, I would have to go Arenas. I think he's had 3 of the 4 best seasons of the two of them, and his 05 season or 06 season I'd put on par with Rose in 2010.

Had he had a 62 win team type talent I could see Arenas having been an MVP candidate over Nash for his 2nd in 2005 as easily as Rose in 2010.

MonroeFAN
12-11-2015, 06:32 AM
I'll take Gilbert's 05-06 season over anything Rose has done. Overall, I have no idea what my answer would be. I'm not a Rose guy, so probably not gonna be a great answer.

ewing
12-11-2015, 12:02 PM
I take Gilbert, no doubt

72 Wins
12-11-2015, 12:03 PM
My vote is Rose. Sadly, Rose thinks he's still the best player in the leauge and looking forward to that next "BIG CONTRACT." I wonder who's going to pay him and who he'll play for next...

Stinkyoutsider
12-11-2015, 12:32 PM
I take Rose here (holding out hope that Rose will finally develop the effective long range shot he needs to become a star player again).

But, Arenas was a pretty special player though. Guy had the talent to go toe for toe with anyone on the offensive side at the time.

It's really close though but I'll give Rose the benefit if he can improve.

72 Wins
12-11-2015, 12:46 PM
I take Rose here (holding out hope that Rose will finally develop the effective long range shot he needs to become a star player again).

But, Arenas was a pretty special player though. Guy had the talent to go toe for toe with anyone on the offensive side at the time.

It's really close though but I'll give Rose the benefit if he can improve.

Effective long range shot is NOT going to happen.. hoping for at LEAST his midrange to come back.

NYKalltheway
12-11-2015, 08:09 PM
They're comparable. I'd say Arenas had more to his arsenal.

Lil Rhody
12-11-2015, 09:48 PM
I'll take poo shoe

PowerHouse
12-11-2015, 10:27 PM
I'll prolly go with Arenas on this one. Arenas had 3 really noteworthy seasons compared to about 1.5 for Rose.

Sly Guy
12-11-2015, 11:00 PM

I agree. I'd take agent 0 over rose.

Shammyguy3
12-12-2015, 11:26 AM
At their peaks, Rose. Over more than 1 season? Gilbert

Kashmir13579
12-15-2015, 11:05 AM
Vs Marbury vs The Franchise

CardinalRed24
02-08-2016, 07:15 PM
Derrick Rose without a doubt. Arenas didn't last long enough. Though Rose has had it really tough the last couple years, by the end of his career, I definitely see him accomplishing much more then Arenas.