PDA

View Full Version : Who are the most important players on the Warriors, in order (let's see top 5)

JasonJohnHorn
12-09-2015, 12:44 AM
Obviously Curry will be the unanimous first pick, but I think it gets interesting from there.

I think most would put Green and Klay in the next to slots, but in what order?

And after them, where does Bogut and Barnes go? And Iggy?

xxplayerxx23
12-09-2015, 12:48 AM
Uh playoff series
Curry
Klay
Green
Iggy
Barnes

lol, please
12-09-2015, 12:49 AM
Curry (goat)
Iggy (improved his 3 this year, already an elite defender, can guard any position and run the offense)
Klay (top 5 3 pt shooter all time, can run the offense, elite passer, can score from anywhere)
Green (makes the defensive system work, great passer, great basketball IQ, dudes like tredigs and scoots overrate him and would haev him second)
Livingston (top scorer from the bench and the perfect player to come off the bench for curry. a wet jumper, and can get to the rim with ease)

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-09-2015, 12:49 AM
Curry
Thompson
Green
Iggy
Bogut/Ezili

Bostonjorge
12-09-2015, 01:11 AM
Curry
Thomson
Green
Barnes
Iggy

Against Cleveland

Curry/Iggy
Thomson
Green
Barnes

jerellh528
12-09-2015, 01:15 AM
Curry

Draymond
Klay
Iggy
Barnes

mngopher35
12-09-2015, 01:17 AM
Curry

Draymond
Klay
Iggy
Barnes

I would probably rank it like this as well

bucketss
12-09-2015, 01:24 AM
curry
green
klay
iggy
barnes

tredigs
12-09-2015, 01:28 AM
Curry

Draymond
Klay
Iggy
Barnes

This is correct. You could probably place a spacebar or two in between Draymond and Klay to be honest. These top four are all extremely important, though. Barnes to a lesser extent, but still important. I could see a case for both Ezeli and Bogut in the 4 or 5 slot.

mngopher35
12-09-2015, 01:31 AM
I am actually a little surprised so many think Klay over Green. Green is by far more important defensively and even offensively is involved in a lot of the play making (granted that's off the attention Curry gets). He gives them major flexibility with their lineups as well. Passing/Rebounding/Defense all favor him in a comparison and their scoring is different by about 4 ppg this season which would be Klays advantage.

I haven't watched them as much as others so maybe I am missing something but Green definitely seems more important to me...

slaker619
12-09-2015, 01:37 AM
Curry
Klay
Green
Iggy
Barnes

TrueFan420
12-09-2015, 02:09 AM
Curry
Green
Klay
Iggy
Depends on match up --- Barnes/Bogut

sixer04fan
12-09-2015, 04:10 AM
Green is absolutely the 2nd most important player on their team. Don't see how that's even debatable.

Curry
Green
Klay
Bogut
Iggy

Don't underrate the impact and necessity of Bogut and Iggy for a playoff run. Ezeli is nice, but a healthy Bogut really gives them another dimension with a dependable post presence. He's proven and can go match up with a Marc Gasol or a Dwight Howard blow for blow over a 7 game series. Barnes is great too, but Iggy will give hell to a Lebron or KD all game, just making everything much more difficult and exhausting for those kinds of guys.

nastynice
12-09-2015, 05:16 AM
wow, this is a tough question!! I'd say
Curry
Green, after that not sure, I might say
Iggy (not based off of fmvp), damn, then who?
Bogut
Klay. I really think Klay could go 4, but I'd put Bogut above him cuz if Klay is off, good play from Barnes could really mask it, whereas Ezeli really can't do the same things Bogut can.

And damn, even Livingston Barbosa combo is super clutch, there are times when they are just clicking and those leads just balloon. Especially in the playoffs, Livingstons versatility, really made some tough matchups for some opponents.

Damn, this really speaks volumes about the FO, what an amazing job they've done. What a team they've put together

Gander13SM
12-09-2015, 05:33 AM
Somebody needs to provide a logical argument to Green being anything but the 2nd most important player on that team. I can't see it.

Curry,
Green,
Iguodala,
Bogut,
Barnes.

Klay is better than most of these players minus he first two names. But his role as a beta dog and floor spacer could be replaced by another player in the league if they had to.

Draymond is essential for their "switch everything" defense, it wouldn't be possible if he wasn't on that team. He's also essential for that Avengers Lineup they keep using that no team has managed to counter so far (in over 106 games + playoffs nobody has that figured out). His ability to play as a stretch 4, initiate the offense and defend any position makes him close to untouchable for the Warriors. Not to mention there's not a lot of 4s that can push the ball in transition like he can.

Iguodalas hustle, lock down defense, improved shot and ball handling ability get him into 3rd.

Bogut's the anchor defensively for that front court. His passing ability for a center is horribly underrated, he doesn't always start plays or finish them but he's the guy in the middle of the play that glues it all together. His passing out of the post adds another dimension to their offense.

Barnes is only here above Klay because his presence allows them to play that Avengers Lineup, for that lineup to work the only guy more important is Draymond. There are a couple of guys they could replace him with and although it would work, it wouldn't be as effective imo.

Klay is better than most of these guys as I said. But as a team, their passing, defense and small ball lineups is what wins them games. Klays role is easier to replace than Green, Barnes or Bogut. There's a lot of deadly shooters at the 2. There's very few big men that good defensively and that adept at passing. There's very few small forwards like Barnes that can switch to the 4 as well as he does. And there is literally no player in this league that can do what Dray does for the Warriors.

sixer04fan
12-09-2015, 06:21 AM
The reason I have Klay still 3rd though over anyone else on my list (besides Curry and Green) is because of his potential to put a game out of reach at any moment.

Iggy and Bogut have really important roles, but they mostly need to play out the entire game for their impact to have the most effect.

Whereas Klay's impact could be lethal in any instant. Say the Warriors are in a close game, grinding it out in the 3rd quarter with another team, then boom. Klay flips the switch and drains 4 of 5 from beyond over the next few minutes. Warriors now up 15-20 points. Game over. Hope you didn't blink.

JasonJohnHorn
12-09-2015, 09:04 AM
Green is absolutely the 2nd most important player on their team. Don't see how that's even debatable.

Curry
Green
Klay
Bogut
Iggy

Don't underrate the impact and necessity of Bogut and Iggy for a playoff run. Ezeli is nice, but a healthy Bogut really gives them another dimension with a dependable post presence. He's proven and can go match up with a Marc Gasol or a Dwight Howard blow for blow over a 7 game series. Barnes is great too, but Iggy will give hell to a Lebron or KD all game, just making everything much more difficult and exhausting for those kinds of guys.

This is the one I agree with most.

I put Green over Klay, though I think Klay will end up with more ASGs and such. Green's defense is stellar, and his all-around game, rebounding/passing is much better, plus he spreads the floor. I think Klay is a smoother player (whatever that means), especially on offense, but Green is kinda like Scottie Pippen to me. He's a better side kick for a great point guard. It's like if Tim Hardaway had Pippen instead of Chris Mullen. Klay would be like Mitch Richmond.

Then it's Klay, obviously But people don't recognize how vital Bogut is to making this team a contender. He's just a solid defensive guy, perhaps their best rebounder, and he's a great passer on top of it. Though he might not get a lot of action, the fact that they have him on their roster makes it possible for them to do so much more. He's got a decent jumper 10-15 out (at least in the games I've seen), and a solid post game, so if they do need to go to the paint, they can. He reminds me of Tim Duncan in his late years in that, though he isn't putting up crazy stats, having a guy with that skill set, even when you are not fully utilizing it because you have better options, makes you much better than you would be otherwise.

The fact that Iggy is 5th and he has a finals MVP award speaks to how deep these guys are.

Cal827
12-10-2015, 11:24 AM
Curry
Draymond Green
Klay Thompson
Joey Crawford
J.R Smith

Seizabmc
12-13-2015, 08:28 PM
Curry
Iggy
Green
Klay
Bogut

CHANGO
12-13-2015, 11:38 PM
Curry

Green (most important defensive piece and helps Curry with his playmaking ability)
Klay (spacing in that Warriors team is important, without Klay you have Rush? Barbosa? Iggy? Not the splash bro.)
Iggy (Finals)
Bogut
Barnes

Livingston

CousinsEvansDUO
12-14-2015, 12:10 AM
Draymond.
Stephen.
Klay.
Andre.
Barnes.

D-BAGDAN
12-14-2015, 12:21 AM
1.Curry
2.Curry
3.Curry
4.Curry
5.Curry

Saddletramp
12-14-2015, 01:13 AM
They'd be nowhere near where they are without Curry. They wouldn't be close to where they are without Green. They'd be somewhat close to where they are without Klay. Everyone else is replaceable (to a point). Even Klay could be replaceable. If Green goes down, it'd even the playing field and if Curry went down, they'd just be another good team in the west. If they both went down? They might not make the playoffs.

Munkeysuit
12-14-2015, 01:18 AM
Curry
Green
Thompson
Ezeli/ Iggy/ Livingston (in any order)

giantspwn
12-14-2015, 01:27 AM
Curry

Green

Klay
Barnes
Bogut

Barnes seems extremely underrated on this board. He's the piece that allows the Warriors small ball to truly be successful. The hard choice was between Iggy and Bogut but I'll go Bogut given that he's used more and a versatile big.

mrblisterdundee
12-14-2015, 01:46 AM
1. Stephen Curry
2. Draymond Green
3. Klay Thompson
4. Andrew Bogut
5. Andre Iguodala

Vee-Rex
12-14-2015, 01:57 AM
Curry
Green
Klay

Then the rest.

It's funny... do the Warriors win the NBA finals last year w/o Iggy? In H2H Green hasn't really shown he has the lateral quickness to guard LeBron. TBH Iggy's value compared to everyone not named Curry is hard to measure.

Redrum187
12-14-2015, 03:28 AM
Curry (goat)
Iggy (improved his 3 this year, already an elite defender, can guard any position and run the offense)
Klay (top 5 3 pt shooter all time, can run the offense, elite passer, can score from anywhere)
Green (makes the defensive system work, great passer, great basketball IQ, dudes like tredigs and scoots overrate him and would haev him second)
Livingston (top scorer from the bench and the perfect player to come off the bench for curry. a wet jumper, and can get to the rim with ease)

He was in the fetal position in the NBA finals.

His assist/turnover ratio is pretty mediocre (2.5/2.0). What about his passing game makes you think it's elite?

His total number of assist per game is quite low for a guard. I rarely ever see him "run the offense"...

As for Klay being a top 5 shooter ever... I'll just go with a few guys from recently memory I think are undeniably better and/or shot on par with Klay for a much longer period of time: Ray Allen, Reggie Miller, Kyle Korver, Steve Nash, Dirk Nowitzki...

It's funny you talk about GSW fans who "overrate" Green, but I think you're overrating Klay.

nickdymez
12-14-2015, 03:47 AM
Dylan
Dylan
Dylan
Dylan